Re: The Levant crisis.(Israel,SYRIA,Lebanon,etc)

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Attack in Paris

Postby Singha » 15 Nov 2015 09:37

Home grown terrorist born and brought up in France it seems.

Instead of rattling sabres they need to understand root causes why their minorities are so angry

vijaykarthik
BRFite

Postby vijaykarthik » 15 Nov 2015 10:12

Karan M wrote:
Terror is terror and I hope these idiot journos and left libs open their freaking eyes and drop the false equivalence they use..in making victims into persecutors..

That's too much to expect. Even Ombaba didn't want to speculate on what kind of attack it was expect that it was dastardly, outrageous etc.

I can think of a few options like I thought yday - call it a festive event, sportive event, cultural event, diplomatic event, conclave, mil exercise, university symposium etc. If its not any of this and people die because of some random fool trying to overpower, its a terrorizing event and hence it can loosely be termed a terrorist activity. As simple as that. We need a proper definition for terrorism and unless that happens, well, my sympathy isn't with any of the govts.

IMO, not acting against terrorism and dithering against action is also akin to terrorism.

SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Postby SSridhar » 15 Nov 2015 10:14

A_Gupta wrote:Here is current MSA:
http://www.catchnews.com/world-news/ant ... 88023.html

Reacting to the deadly terrorist attacks in Paris, Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar on Saturday said that a possible solution against the growing surge can be the change in the 'Anti-Islam' attitude that exists in western countries.

"The Anti-Islam phobia that is being carried out in the western countries should be stopped immediately. The Muslims living in France should be provided with the assurance that they are also citizens of the country," Aiyar told ANI.

"In addition to expressing remorse, we should also think that why this situation has raised? Whatever the ISIS has done is extremely condemnable and by claiming the responsibility for the attacks, they have shown their ego which will not be accepted by anyone," he added.

He also said that only condemning the incident would not be sufficient.

"We strongly condemn this as but we cannot overlook it by just condemning it. There is need to examine this on fundamental ground, why this happened," said Aiyar.

I hope that the Indian intelligence agencies keep a close tab on him as a potential jihadi terrorism supporter.

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 15 Nov 2015 10:42

video from a bylane that runs beside the bataclan while shooting was still ongoing

http://www.lemonde.fr/attaques-a-paris/ ... 09495.html

sounds of methodical shooting in background
people run from a couple of exits
dead bodies near the exit
wounded people trailing blood are dragged away or limp away on their own
two people incl one clearly a woman have climbed out precariously onto a parapet and are hanging on there..in the end another woman comes to window and helps the woman up

I count 10 shots...unhurried..must be in the 2nd phase when they were walking around killing wounded people or putting another bullet into dead people just to make sure.

vijaykarthik
BRFite

Postby vijaykarthik » 15 Nov 2015 10:44

Why is it that vigils happen predominantly only when innocent Chiristians are killed? I cant recollect correctly, was there an outpouring of disapproval and public anger when there was the Mumbai attacks? I cant seem to remember lots of public vigils, buildings turning pink, green and fluorescent orange or whatever when 26th November happened.

Does that make me a bad fellow? :#

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 15 Nov 2015 10:47

^^ I think the fbook thing of colouring the profile was not invented then.

about vigils I dont know...its not a very indic thing, unlike protest marches and processions with flaming torches....it is a imported concept.

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 15 Nov 2015 10:55

talk is cheap. action is harder. if they honestly want to help they can establish a blocking position on the turkey border and start pushing down. no psyops, no shadow boxing and free lectures.

Jeff Gauvin ‏@JeffersonObama 2 hrs2 hours ago
France's elite 11th Airborne Brigade's 8,500 troops would be the first French forces available for Syria ops.

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Postby Vayutuvan » 15 Nov 2015 11:12

Oxfordian rank promotee to MA degree MSA using nonsensical double negatives? "Anti-Islamic Phobia" indeed. Is it like "I give you no nothing repsec mah mon"? The guy is regressing - the incredible shrinking brain of MSA.

SSundar
BRFite

Postby SSundar » 15 Nov 2015 11:24

Singha wrote:^^ I think the fbook thing of colouring the profile was not invented then.

I am not doing it Saar. It is irritating to see Indians covering their profiles with the French flag. I would bet no one "invents" this flag thingy the next time India gets attacked.

Vikas
BRF Oldie

Postby Vikas » 15 Nov 2015 11:25

What are French going to do ? They have a history of waving white flag at the very first opportunity.
This chest thumping will go down in few weeks time.
Next target is going to be Germany if I am reading the tea leaves right.

chetak
BRF Oldie

Postby chetak » 15 Nov 2015 11:30

Singha wrote:talk is cheap. action is harder. if they honestly want to help they can establish a blocking position on the turkey border and start pushing down. no psyops, no shadow boxing and free lectures.

Jeff Gauvin ‏@JeffersonObama 2 hrs2 hours ago
France's elite 11th Airborne Brigade's 8,500 troops would be the first French forces available for Syria ops.

available is right. They will be available for ever. :)

just don't lose sleep by actually expecting them to get there.

svenkat
BRF Oldie

Postby svenkat » 15 Nov 2015 11:33

Sri Liar is a piece of s%#$.But I support what he is saying.Its classic old style congress propoganda.Its the intolerance of french to personal liberties and free exercise of ones religious practices that enraged the peaceful people.

The guy is deranged,but he has his uses.

Lilo
BRF Oldie

Postby Lilo » 15 Nov 2015 11:50

Horror in Paris -editorial in The Hindu

With at least 127 people dead by Saturday evening and many more wounded, Paris will keep counting its dead for a while. It may take longer yet to come to grips with the scale of the tragedy that took so many lives on Friday night, people out in the City of Lights for a concert, a meal, a football game, a stroll even. The terrorists had chosen their targets with chilling care, picking sites where strangers share an unspoken camaraderie. The aim was to do more than take innocent lives — it was to provoke an us-versus-them retaliation, to make its people and visitors fearful of going about their everyday routines and enjoyment. Paris has the strength of spirit to carry on as the great city it is. Just as India saw Mumbai bounce back, even as it mourned the toll of 26/11. Great cities and ordinary people do that — they dig deep into reserves of shared humanity. So, as the world asserts solidarity with the French and the families of the victims, it does so also with the expectation that such attacks will not succeed in their aim to harden hearts.

However, there can be no doubt that, on Friday, Islamic State threw down the gauntlet to governments in a more threatening fashion than could have been expected. The attacks are the latest in a series of massacres the group has carried out in different countries. But if the Ankara bombing in early October that killed about 100 people and Thursday’s Beirut bombing that killed at least 40 were carried out on the periphery of the “Caliphate”, with the Paris attacks the IS jihadists have demonstrated their capability to strike anywhere. The rapid rise of the terror profile of this group, which is more of a death cult than a terrorist organisation, should send alarm bells ringing in world capitals. IS says the attacks were its response to the French air strikes in Syria. But there’s nothing new in such explanations. Jihadist groups that kill ordinary citizens often blame the victims’ governments to justify the ghastly acts they commit. But in reality, they drive a project that is rooted in extreme violence and hatred. But that doesn’t mean the French government should be spared from criticism.

Paris’s Syria policy has actually contributed to the destabilisation of the West Asian country that created circumstances for the rise of groups such as IS. Even if France has started bombing IS targets in Syria, Paris was in the forefront of the countries that backed different rebel groups in Syria against the government of President Bashar al-Assad. France has been hosting a group of Syrian opposition leaders since the outbreak of the civil war in that country. It could have used its influence to facilitate a political settlement in Syria that would restore statehood in the war-ravaged country and eventually strengthen the war against IS. It didn’t, and thereby helped escalate the conflict. Additionally, France should seriously ask itself why radical groups are finding recruits from its soil. The collapse of French multiculturalism and an increasingly narrow interpretation of secularism in France have only added to the radicalisation of youths in the country. The Charlie Hebdo attackers were an example. They were born, raised and radicalised in Paris. The French government should adopt a comprehensive policy to tackle the question of terror. It should tighten the loose ends of its security and intelligence networks, rework its foreign policy towards West Asia that has largely been counter-productive, and broaden the state concepts of secularism to rebuild the nationalist consciousness that would bring all sections of French society into the national mainstream. What it shouldn’t do is to cave in to the rightist anti-immigrants and anti-Muslim groups; that would widen the cleavages that already exist in the society. That is exactly what the terrorists would want.

Al-Hundi in its editorial manages to blame the "narrow interpretation of Secularism" in France for the Paris attacks.
And no! Religion and the religious commandments are not to be blamed.Yet again !

Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Postby Varoon Shekhar » 15 Nov 2015 11:57

There have been vigils and candle holding, in India, for certain. It's another matter, that non-Indians haven't done it on behalf of some tragedy that India experienced.
'

Gyan
BRFite

Postby Gyan » 15 Nov 2015 12:02

ISIS is directly or indirectly connected and supported by US, UK, Saudis, Turkey etc. So are these nations attacking Paris indirectly? Or USA simply wants a Civilizational conflict between Russia, Europe, Shia and Sunnis to be the last major power standing for next 100 years?

Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Postby Satya_anveshi » 15 Nov 2015 12:26

Al Hundi's editorial is spot on regards the following. If there were any local folks involved among the bad guys or supported the bad guys then it makes sense to bring that aspect as "additionally...".

Paris’s Syria policy has actually contributed to the destabilisation of the West Asian country that created circumstances for the rise of groups such as IS. Even if France has started bombing IS targets in Syria, Paris was in the forefront of the countries that backed different rebel groups in Syria against the government of President Bashar al-Assad. France has been hosting a group of Syrian opposition leaders since the outbreak of the civil war in that country. It could have used its influence to facilitate a political settlement in Syria that would restore statehood in the war-ravaged country and eventually strengthen the war against IS. It didn’t, and thereby helped escalate the conflict.

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Postby A_Gupta » 15 Nov 2015 12:30

http://www.moonofalabama.org/2015/11/te ... links.html

Consider:

In 2012 - Hollande admits arming Syrian rebels in breach of embargo - book

The French president has admitted delivering weapons to the Syrian rebels during a period of EU embargo, a new book about to be published in France reveals.
The deliveries took place in 2012, before the embargo was canceled in May 2013, according to François Hollande's last year interview with journalist and writer Xavier Panon. "We began when we were certain they would end up in the right hands. For the lethal weapons it was our services who delivered them," Hollande told the writer, ...

Okt 2012 - Rebel Arms Flow Is Said to Benefit Jihadists in Syria

WASHINGTON — Most of the arms shipped at the behest of Saudi Arabia and Qatar to supply Syrian rebel groups fighting the government of Bashar al-Assad are going to hard-line Islamic jihadists, and not the more secular opposition groups that the West wants to bolster, according to American officials and Middle Eastern diplomats.

member_29247
BRFite

Postby member_29247 » 15 Nov 2015 12:36

If one goes back the Syria Levant thread, it was clear from day one of the refugee crisis BRF has been indicating the probability of terror attack in EU and this happened in Paris .

Just with public domain information if such eventuality could be seen, then the agencies that are supposed to protect citizens must be either deliberately closing their eyes or absolutely incompetent?

Will there be more cartoons ? Now with this incident it's open season?

Remember the moment Bengazi happened I had said black lintels right away! (As soon as press reported the happening)

Time for commercial break and the jingle

" BRF where tomorrow comes today, while others await it to dawn"

prahaar
BRF Oldie

Postby prahaar » 15 Nov 2015 13:03

Varoon Shekhar wrote:There have been vigils and candle holding, in India, for certain. It's another matter, that non-Indians haven't done it on behalf of some tragedy that India experienced.
'

Indians have seen terrorism up close, so identify with it. Many believe, it must be tackled globally, since it knows no borders. The developed world may not see deaths in terror incidents in India the same way. Many Indians were sad when school was attacked in Pakistan.

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Postby KLNMurthy » 15 Nov 2015 13:10

LokeshC wrote:KLNM garu. Thx. BRF is truly a goldmine of knowledge.. never heard of that book before.

I drew that conclusion after having interacted with leftists during my college days in India and Islamists in my university in massa (believe it or not, there were TONS of them everywhere).

BTW: Some of the very liberal kids from middle east who used to party all the time found that soon enough that the mosque was where the support structure for their community was concentrated. i.e. if they needed any help, they better be known to someone who has connections. The easy way: go to the mosque and make those connections.

The mosques somehow began changing rapidly around 2000 - 2005 and went full radical. Soon these guys began to follow the religion in its most fundamental ways: i.e. adopt the path of Jihad or adopt the path of following the prophet's life to the tee (only two ways you can get to Jannat). Now I dont even recognize some of these folks. I feel sorry for them.

PofO is the bible of liberation theology, or I should say Little Red Book. Along with Frantz Fannon's Wretched of the Earth (which is an-anticolonial tract) it is one of the most influential books of the past century.

Frere was a Brazilian radical who was also a consultant for the World Council if Churches. All our left wing wannabes work from it, all their jargon is parroted from it ( and from WoE).

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Postby A_Gupta » 15 Nov 2015 13:21

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Postby KLNMurthy » 15 Nov 2015 13:21

Spinster wrote:
ramana wrote:No wonder Belgium closed borders along with France.

Guns must have been from Belgium.
Recall the attacker boarded a train to France when US servicemen tackled him a few months ago?

Even in the novel by Fedrick Forsyth Day of the Jackal , Chacal gets his special gun designed by a gun smith in Belgium once he tests hi weapon ( he asks for two bullets the first one hits is test target of pumpkin) the second he uses to kill his gun maker

Interesting the Greek giving a pass to mainland EU to all refugees is it a case Of the Greek mythology of Trojan Horse story?

After the Charlie attacks there was lot of advise fro US talking heads about French ( government ) people should try ,ore inclusivity a nd alienate the. Islamic French citizens through jobs opportunities. Etc etc
All the comedy shows guys were glum and somber (yesterday late night shows) I don't recal this grief when Mumbai happened,,,,,,

Troy (of Greek horse fame) was physically located in today's Turkey. So, the greek-turkish conflict goes way back.

We have Germany-led EU turning a blind eye to Turkey's jihadi depredations (which caused the refugee crisis) while flogging Greece for all it's worth. So, maybe, in the Greek racial subconscious, EU translates into an abettor of its ancient enemy Troy.

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Postby KLNMurthy » 15 Nov 2015 13:25

Singha wrote:Home grown terrorist born and brought up in France it seems.

Instead of rattling sabres they need to understand root causes why their minorities are so angry

Otherwise they will be playing the terrorist's game of causing division and enmity and give rise to more jihadi recruits.

Heard this on NPR today from soft-spoken Muslim intellectuals.

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Postby KLNMurthy » 15 Nov 2015 13:28

vijaykarthik wrote:Why is it that vigils happen predominantly only when innocent Chiristians are killed? I cant recollect correctly, was there an outpouring of disapproval and public anger when there was the Mumbai attacks? I cant seem to remember lots of public vigils, buildings turning pink, green and fluorescent orange or whatever when 26th November happened.

Does that make me a bad fellow? :#

It makes you a hate-mongering Hindutva fascist and internet Hindu. You should just shut up and have a beef-eating festival to promote peace and secularism. :-)

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 15 Nov 2015 13:38

14 November 2015: TGV 2369 was involved in the Eckwersheim derailment, near Strasbourg, while being tested on the then-unopened second phase of the LGV Est. Ten technicians involved with the testing died. Excessive speed has been cited as the cause. [40]

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/14/europ ... index.html

needs to investigated, and will certainly give ideas to bad people.

member_29247
BRFite

Postby member_29247 » 15 Nov 2015 13:52

Everything is software driven these days, embedded systems, embedded journalists, embedded politicians ( they always carry bed{ing} with them just in case hence the origin of the word strange bedfellows they can be even estranged bedfellow aka Jolly good fellow)

So all you have to do is metro jet to SNF and other High speed transport systems .. Just a little more sophisticated than, Sandra Bullock speed movie..

Most recent Metro jet is going to be the model and the new variant of stunext....?

ramana
Forum Moderator

Postby ramana » 15 Nov 2015 13:59

Singha wrote:The French newspaper Le Monde and CNN identified one of the suicide bombers in the attacks as Ismael Omar Mostefai. CNN attributed the identification to a French member of Parliament. Mostefai lived in the French city of Chartres at least until 2012,

French have taken six members of his family into custody.

Second car used in attack found.

First car traced to Belgian car rental.

TSJones
BRF Oldie

Postby TSJones » 15 Nov 2015 14:09

Not only was France instrumental in the American Revolution. Many of the ideas of the revolution for freedom came from French philosophers. French officers help created the US military (Lafayette) and the Corps of Engineers in particular. Lafayette was loved by America and a national hero. We've been close allies for over 200 years. We fought for the French (as well as Britain) in WWI. (Lafayette, we are here! was the slogan in WWI. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition! was another slogan/popular song.) We don't have that kind of connection with India. It helps to have a sense of history, you know.......

And for the record, there was much support from the American public for India during and following Mumbai, with lots of news and interviews about the brutality that happened. Much detail was given about the traps laid for the police by the terrorists and the casualties they took, especially the commanders of the police force. Tons of in-depth expert analysis and opinions were given including a spirited defense of the Mumbai police department and why it was so difficult to do what they had to do.(the traps laid by the terrorists).

Sometimes I think India mistakes America as Britain and assumes we have some kind of intense connection (Britain == USA) with India. Generally, we don't. At least not like we do with the French anyway. There is no Indian Lafayette in US school books other than Gandhi. And he didn't care for the US much anyway by what I have heard.

svenkat
BRF Oldie

Postby svenkat » 15 Nov 2015 14:17

US has enough connection to deny Indian security agencies access to Headley .
Last edited by svenkat on 15 Nov 2015 14:18, edited 1 time in total.

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 15 Nov 2015 14:17

^^ US has a ancient civilization connect with TSP onlee, them being part french :oops:

I got to ask this. why do sections of america always mock the french as surrender monkeys and so on?
france lost a lot of blood in WW1 which means they fought very hard. in ww2 who would you think could have withstood the initial blitzkrieg by rommel and guderian? put anyone in that situation then and result would be same.
thereafter they did as much as UK in the suez invasion, various bush wars in africa, fought bitterly in vietnam before having to pull out. they also contributed more to ODS than regular nato munnas. and the demolition job of serbia and libya.

where has loyalty to the western Quam and war horde kaliba been lacking? :twisted:

i do not see a example of big scale cowardice.

member_29247
BRFite

Postby member_29247 » 15 Nov 2015 14:18

The French also financed the American Revolution ( that lead to their bankruptcy along with other wars)
Also don't forget that French had fleeced India in their own way and a visit to Versailles will show some of the loot from India into French coffers.
Tippu Sultan the king of Mysore (allie aka Munna of then French) was the first to recognize independence Of UsA and sent ambassadors ( at least attempted direct contacts ) But then Indians are not Caucasians to get mentioned.

Ofcourse French fries were renamed Freedom Fries too

IndraD
BRF Oldie

Postby IndraD » 15 Nov 2015 14:30

One of my friends in UK was shouted upon at Tesco 'Pakis go back'
These are fall out of terrorist attacks,creating friction in society.
Unfortunately aam British doesn't diifferentiate between us & Pakjabis.
Any way to improve this?
This was OT ofcourse.

TSJones
BRF Oldie

Postby TSJones » 15 Nov 2015 14:35

Singha wrote:^^ US has a ancient civilization connect with TSP onlee, them being part french :oops:

I got to ask this. why do sections of america always mock the french as surrender monkeys and so on?
france lost a lot of blood in WW1 which means they fought very hard. in ww2 who would you think could have withstood the initial blitzkrieg by rommel and guderian? put anyone in that situation then and result would be same.
thereafter they did as much as UK in the suez invasion, various bush wars in africa, fought bitterly in vietnam before having to pull out. they also contributed more to ODS than regular nato munnas. and the demolition job of serbia and libya.

where has loyalty to the western Quam and war horde kaliba been lacking? :twisted:

i do not see a example of big scale cowardice.

the collapse of France and the failure of the Maginot line didn't go over well in the US. Not much is said now days of French collaboration with Germany like it was back during WWII. I will say this, it is not widely understood in the US that the French took more casualties in WWII than the US did.

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 15 Nov 2015 14:44

IndraD wrote:One of my friends in UK was shouted upon at Tesco 'Pakis go back'
Any way to improve this?
This was OT ofcourse.

indian owned shops should hang a indian flag in the window to identify indics with the tricolour and indians takes to wearing basecall caps with that flag and keep a indian flag in the car.

good thing is TSPians will not be able to slip in (huge H&D loss in wearing indian hat)

flip side in tough estates, gangs of faithful might id easy targets as people and cars.

deejay
Forum Moderator

Postby deejay » 15 Nov 2015 14:47

Singha wrote:
IndraD wrote:One of my friends in UK was shouted upon at Tesco 'Pakis go back'
Any way to improve this?
This was OT ofcourse.

indian owned shops should hang a indian flag in the window to identify indics with the tricolour and indians takes to wearing basecall caps with that flag and keep a indian flag in the car.

good thing is TSPians will not be able to slip in (huge H&D loss in wearing indian hat)

flip side in tough estates, gangs of faithful might id easy targets as people and cars.

Flags even Pakis will use. Best use Idols and Aum / Om symbol also with it. Abrahamics (Christians & Muslims) both identify and know idolatory symbols and Pakis will not use them. My guess.

member_29247
BRFite

Postby member_29247 » 15 Nov 2015 15:01

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/sikh ... 23432.html

Looks like TSP is already at work to malign Indians

Sikh man's image photoshopped to make him look like an alleged Paris attacker

The image that identifies the Sikh man as a terrorist involved in the recent Paris attacks is actually a photoshopped one.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Postby UlanBatori » 15 Nov 2015 16:21

The French also fought along with the US and Britain in the War of Suez circa 1950s, trying to take over the Suez Canal, hain? And in Angola to protect the Portuguese rapists? In Vietnam after their Dien Bien Phu victory? Somehow these are unfairly absent from the Hystery books.. :((
The French supplies submarines to the Pakis too. So kind of them - it's only a matter of time b4 one appears at Marseilles with a shipment of fertiliser and fuel oil.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Postby UlanBatori » 15 Nov 2015 16:35

http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... e43418.htm
Some Observations About the Carnage in Paris

As'ad AbuKhalil
14 November 2015
1) ISIS has gone on the offensive: in ten days, they downed a Russian civilian airliner, massacred Hazara Shi`ites in Afghanistan, bombed the southern suburbs of Beirut and now Paris.

2) Western governments: US and France in particular along with their Saudi,Qatari, and Turkish allies are directly responsible for the rise and expansion of ISIS through their policies in Syria which cuddled and nurtured ISIS and its sister terrorist organizations.

3) there is no way on earth to stem the menace of ISIS and Al-Qa`idah like organizations without going to the source, in Saudi Arabia which is the official headquarters of the Ibn Taymiyyah's terrorist interpretation of Islam.

4) Ibn Taymiyyah is the one thinker/theologian who has inspired and guided the deeds and thoughts of terrorists striking in the name of Islam.

5) Western governments AND media have been rather cynically silent about victims of ISIS terrorism if the civilian victims happen to be categorized as "enemies". Western governments AND media (look at the dispatches from Times and Post over the last 4 years about Syria) have consistently ignored and even cheered sectarian massacres of Syrian and Lebanese civilians if seems as being perpetrated by foes of the Syrian regime.

6) Just as ISIS and Al-Qa`idah brought terrorism to the heart of the West, Western governments have also been exporting death and destruction to the Middle East and North Africa: from Mali to Libya to Egypt to Sudan to Somalia to Syria to Iraq to Pakistan :(( to Afghanistan. Terrorism has been inflicted on people in those countries by the terrorism of ISIS and Al-Qa`idah and by the bombs and rockets and drones :(( of Western governments.

7) All Arabs today have noticed something that can't be ignored: how ISIS and Al-Qa`idah terrorists travel the world to inflict their terrorism by yet spare Israel and its interests. The relationship between the Israeli Zionist occupation entity and Nusrah Front--the official branch of Al-Qa`idah in Syria--is not a secret anymore.

8) ISIS can't be defeated from the air as long as Western governments and their Gulf and Turkish allies assist it on the ground, directly or indirectly.

9) Just as Western powers created and nurtured the precursor of Al-Qa`idah in Afghanistan in order to defeat the communist regime there, those same powers have created and nurtured a cocktail of the worst Middle East terrorists ever in Syria in the hope that they would bring down the Syrian regime.

10) the story of ISIS terrorism began with not only the invasion of Iraq and its repercussions in 2003 but also with the creation of a vast save haven for Islamist terrorism in Libya. Libya was the biggest gift to Jihadi terrorism since the fall of the Taliban.

11) US and France have been creating the culture of terrorism in the region (along with GCC regimes) but creating a reckless and terrorist haven in Syria in the name of fighting for "democracy and secularism"--in the stupid language of John Kerry--by making dubious distinctions between various terrorists in Syria through making allies with Nusrah Front there and its affiliates.

12) The myth of moderate Syrian rebels in Syria has to be discarded. The remnants of Free Syrian Army units are basically ISIS in the waiting.

13) Western correspondents in Beirut who are in charge of covering the Syrian savage war are all guilty (with the exception of Patrick Cockburn)for misinforming their leaders and misguiding them. They have been ignoring AND JUSTIFYING the scores of car bombs and war crimes by Syrian rebels in Syria and Lebanon because those crimes fit into their struggle against the Syrian regime.

14) Western human right organizations are also guilty for creating a culture of bogus human rights rhetoric which belittled and even justified the war crimes of Syrian rebels (see the latest human rights report by HRW on placing Alawite women in cages).

15) French policy under the socialist government has even elevated the relationship with the Saudi and Qatari regimes--the two governments which more than anyone have sponsored and armed and financed the cocktail of the most dangerous terrorists in Syria.

16) It is high time that Western governments give up on their policies and wars in Syria not to preserve the Syrian regime (as Iran and Russia would like) but to exclude from the future of Syria both sides of war criminals there.

17) I don't like Bashshar Al-Asad one bit and I wanted the overthrow of that regime since 1976 when its army invaded Lebanon and smashed my dreams of a progressive leftist revolution in Lebanon, but who can now disagree with the warnings given by him three years ago that those terrorists that they are helping will one day strike in the heart of Europe? Syrian regime supporters are today all over reproducing those remarks and reairing them.

18) The Saudi and Qatari regime media (Al-Jazeera and Al-Arabiyya in particular but others as well) have created a culture of terrorism in which crimes against civilians who happen to be Shi`ites or Alawites or Christians or Sunnis who reside in "regime dominated areas of Syria" are justified on a daily basis. Just yesterday, after the bombs of the southern suburbs both Saudi and Qatari regime media provided ample justifications and rationalization for the crimes and lionized the terrorists who perpetrated them. This culture of terrorism is responsible climate in which crimes of Paris take place.

19) Western governments can't have it both ways: they can't continue to support gulf regimes and arming them while claiming to want to fight terrorism.

20) US and Western governments and media are responsible for the selective denunciations and condemnations culture: they are silent about the daily crimes against the Palestinian civilian population by key West ally, the terrorist state of Israel.

21) Arabs/Muslims and Westerners can't get to reach a common understanding against all manners of terrorism as long as Western governments and Arab regimes continue to be selective in condemnation of terrorism.

22) Western support for dictatorships in the Arab world are responsible in many ways for the creation of ISIS and those terrorist groups.

23) terrorist groups in the Middle East have been used and misused by local regimes and Western powers and Israel for many decades.

24) Yes, the Iraq invasion of 2003 has proven to be exactly what Jacque Chirac has warned it would be: a dangerous pandora's box.

25) Obama has really not deviated from the dangerous policies of Bush and his expansion of wars in the Middle East fueled the rise of ISIS.

26) The Islam of Arab regimes is a dangerous and conservative Islam. It can't be changed by the military commanders of Western powers but it can be changed by the people of the region if they are allowed to choose and think freely: but neither the West nor the Arab regimes want the Arabs to think freely. Al-Azhar University has become through bribes a tool for the Saudi Wahhabi regime.

27) It is not sectarian to declare Saudi Wahhabi doctrine as the official doctrine of Jihadi terrorism. Wahhabiyyah is not a sect: it is a school of fanatical terrorist thought and practice.

28) How does Western powers fight ISIS? They foolishly rely on a royal buffoon in Jordan and on the UAE regime to engage in promoting a kinder Islam in social media. The fools in DC who think that those potentates have any standing among the young Muslims need to have their heads examined. {why? when their brains r much further below? :idea: }

29) Western powers and media are all hypocrites: they still cheer or cover up the war crimes of ISIS and Nusrah in Syria if the affected victims happen to reside in Syrian regime controlled areas.

30) there should be a categorical end to external support of ALL Syrian rebels and to the Syrian regime by all sides.

31) there is more but I have to run.

32) Oh, also: why does the media coverage make these massacres West-versus-Islam when many of the victims in Paris would most likely include many Muslims and when ISIS in the Middle East kill more Muslims than non-Muslims, despite the fact that members of US Congress only see Jews and Christians as victims but not Muslims.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 15 Nov 2015 18:46, edited 1 time in total.

NRao
BRF Oldie

Postby NRao » 15 Nov 2015 17:14

Some Paki shops have followed some aspects of that practice too. Some have changed their names to include "Indo-Pak" and say "Namaste" when one enters. They adapt. They have to to survive.

Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”