Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Nov 21, 2015

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Nov 21, 2

Post by Falijee »

habal wrote:1800 cameras for $100 mil, what kind of cameras are these ? x band thermal imagers ?
Habal-ji:
Cameras powered by (new and experimental ) Djin Technology always cost more, hence the ridiculous price not counting the kickbacks etc included in the contract ! :mrgreen:
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Tunku Vardarajan rightly advises against India playing a bilateral cricket series with the Mohammadden Terrorist fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Excerpt :
As I write, the Board of Control for Cricket in India appears to be on the brink of agreeing to a short bilateral series against Pakistan to be played in neutral Sri Lanka. Gallingly, reports that a deal has already been done emerged from a Pakistani TV channel on November 26 — the day India marked the anniversary of the Invasion of Mumbai by terrorists from Pakistan whose urban carnage served as a template for those who attacked Paris. Other reports say that the only thing that would now stop a series taking place in mid-December is a refusal to grant clearance to play by India’s Ministry of External Affairs.

If that’s true, I hope clearance is denied. I do not want a bilateral cricket series with Pakistan. And if the clearance does come, let this column serve as an indignant protest against that decision by a fervent fan of Indian cricket. - …………………………

Pakistan harbours terrorists who seek to cripple India. It harbours the mastermind of the Mumbai attacks. It violates the Line of Control daily, whether by firing or by the infiltration of terrorists. Why should we play cricket? Santosh Mahadik, a colonel in the Indian army, died fighting terrorists on the border this month. Would his widow want us to play cricket with Pakistan? India’s cricketers should ponder that question, and make themselves unavailable to play the series as a matter of conscience. Think about it, Virat Kohli…

India’s cricket boycott bleeds Pakistan in ways that other boycotts in other spheres do not. Pakistan’s cricketers are personally blameless. But the point of rejecting cricket with Pakistan is to send this message to its people and government: For as long as you spawn and coddle terrorists who spill Indian blood, no Indian captain will take the field to toss a coin against you. –
See more at:

Reverse swing: No cricket with Pakistan
Avinash R
BRFite

Post by Avinash R »

^Tunku Vardarajan is the commie who coined the term saffron terror and used it to attack BJP. He is also brother of Siddharth Varadarajan former editor of CHindu.

If the commie swine is against cricketing ties with pakistan then its indeed strange, what's changed? Did Maria Kiyani abandon him?
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

deejay wrote:STFUP on cricket here folks, please.

This thread was pure unadultrated joy of Paki bashing and analysis. News from the west and it was good to read and hear of how rats and donkeys squirm in Pakistan.
Nobody, not me at least, is discussing cricket per se, i.e., runs scored and wickets taken. We are discussing TSP begging for cricket, and India saying maybe, or no. And I think it is also joy to see TSP begging and be denied their pleasure.

Unfortunately, based on just one persons constant focus (it may be very dear to him), STFUP has become another exotic location for Indians to be self critical, self depreciating and holding themselves and their top most leaders responsible for everything.
I guess you are referring to me, and please, one last time to you and everybody else: I did not start this thread with an intention to discuss cricket (there is a cricket thread for that, go there and read my posts). Thats a bold-faced lie that was claimed by one seasoned campaigner here with a deep personal grouse against me.

Furthermore, the main gripe with me at least seems to be that I have been self (India) critical, deprecating etc. Some truth to that, I have been critical of Indian leaders, even ModiJi for restarting talks at Ufa, unfairly I now accept, because unlike MMS's sell out at Sharma-el-Sheikh, ModiJi's resumption of talks was only to talk about terror. And this explains why I sense a degree of circumspection or ambivalence or sometimes hostility and dismissal by some senior members to anything I say.

But the intention to discuss this TSP begging for cricket and India denying was not to discuss cricket per se or be self deprecating, but rather, at least in my mind, here is one of those rare instances where India transcends equal equal. So TSP begs, India denies, and ramifications thereof. And in this, I also sense an opportunity for India to put across to those like UK who are batting for TSP to impress upon them the reasons for India's reluctance: terror, just as they did not play Zimbabwe out of whatever concerns they had.

And that was my sole and only focus. But when I was attacked personally, and I was patient for a while, then of course, this thing assumed a life of its own in different directions.

Somebody, stop this hijack of STFUP.
Be rest assured, nobody is hijacking anything. We all want to derive the unadulterated pleasure at TSP squirm and hopefully destroyed.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

arunJi, I may be hypocritical for this because I am not a big fan of Tunku Vardarajan for his sometimes Uncle Tommish opportunism of talking about "Hindu extremism" and such in US newspapers, but every single point he makes in his article you posted is the one I have been making right from the time this whole discussion started. Good article.
Avinash R
BRFite

Post by Avinash R »

CHINA PUSHES ITS ENERGY NETWORK TO PAKISTAN
http://pakobserver.net/detailnews.asp?id=280650
Sunday, November 29, 2015 - Islamabad—In the next five years, China would invest 200 billion yuan ($31 billion) in building power grids in its northwest province of Xinjiang to connect the region to the country’s east, Pakistan and central Asian countries.

Resources-rich Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region, the core area for the Silk Road Economic Belt, would create power transmission lines by 2020, as it builds the “Power Silk Road,” Xinhua news agency reported.

The grid projects are an important infrastructure plan for the region, guaranteeing power supply for local residents and enterprises in Xinjiang, said Xinjiang Electric Power Company under the State Grid Corp of China.

Chinese President Xi Jinping told the UN Sustainable Development Summit in September that China proposes discussing a global energy network to meet global power demand with clean and green alternatives.

To build a global energy network coincides with the trend for low-carbon, efficient and balanced energy distribution, said Zhao Qingbo, an analyst with the state grid.

Clean energy like solar and wind power must be integrated into grids to realise large-scale development, said Zhao.

Xinjiang’s energy network would also help narrow development gaps between different regions, he added.

China began to purchase electricity from Russia in 1992. Currently, Heilongjiang Province in northeast China has four operating power transmission lines connecting Russia.

The implementation of the belt and road initiative would push the interconnection of grids in Asia, said Liu Xiaosheng, a professor of electric engineering at the Harbin Institute of Technology in Heilongjiang. The China-proposed initiative refers to a trade and infrastructure network connecting Asia to Europe and Africa through the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st Century Maritime Silk Road.

State Grid President Liu Zhenya said the country would accelerate grid interconnectivity with neighbouring countries such as Russia, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Myanmar, Laos, Nepal and Thailand in the coming decade. He estimated that the global energy network would be completed by 2050. It is estimated that from 2016 to 2030, China’s annual investment in clean energy and related infrastructure projects would grow to 820 billion yuan, according to Liu. By the end of 2020, China aims to increase non-fossil energy to about 15% of the total primary energy consumption and raise the share of renewable energy in production.
member_29247
BRFite

Post by member_29247 »

Simple question

Is Dawood less culpable for terror than

David Hadley?
Moulana Azahr?
saeed Sheikh?
Lekhvi?

In an interview with Rajdeep Sardesai of India Today, he alleged that the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) even has links with the underworld. Modi said,
"Whether it’s a Chhota Shakeel, or Dawood, they’re all hand-in-hand with the current cricket administrators."
So is money spinning into TSP in the best interest of the nation?

No more on this by me
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

CRamS wrote:arunJi, I may be hypocritical for this because I am not a big fan of Tunku Vardarajan for his sometimes Uncle Tommish opportunism of talking about "Hindu extremism" and such in US newspapers, but every single point he makes in his article you posted is the one I have been making right from the time this whole discussion started. Good article.
Eventually, Pakis are nothing outside the Indian subcontinent and, within too, are mostly about terrorism, taqiya and blame game. So any propping up is going to have another round of indirect paki finger pointing and scoring political points.

This is all to land of pure and tarrorism.
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

^^^^ Ejaz ISI Haider had Tunku and Siddarth Vardarajan on his rolodex when he wanted to show a token/pliant Indian in his India bashing talk shows.
It would be interesting to see his reaction now that the shoe is on the other foot and Tunku has supported not playing cricket with the shitistanis.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

So, now the Jihadi Factories of Pakiland running at full capacity, are now producing enough canon fodder to "sell" to both sides of the Syrian civil war in the Mailsi divide of Shia and Sunni; at least it keeps the Mullahs happy and employed . :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Pakis Are Hurting :mrgreen:
India refuses to give gate-passes to Pakistani stall holder
NEW DELHI (Web Desk) – India has crossed all limits in relation of Muslim enmity. :roll:

As Indian administration has imposed fine of Rs 50,000 to Pakistani and Bangladeshi stall holders as today is last day of International trade fair in New Delhi.
On the eve of 35th International trade fair in New Delhi Pakistani traders have participated trade fair with enthusiastically by putting biased aside, but on last day of exhibition administration has used new tactic for harassing Pakistan and Bangladesh traders. As they imposed Rs 50,000 fine on both stall holders, abbtakk TV reported.
Likewise, India refused to give gate-pass to Pakistani and Bangladeshi traders on last day, whereas both stall holders was stopped to lifting their goods. Indian administration said that traders did not acquire their prerequisite number in trade fair.
Exhibition admins should be applauded ; Paki press, as usual, interpret it as a Anti Muslim thing . Probably, more to it; violation of exhibition rules, etc :mrgreen:
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

yes, and it was AAPtard govt that did it.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Falijee wrote:So, now the Jihadi Factories of Pakiland running at full capacity, are now producing enough canon fodder to "sell" to both sides of the Syrian civil war in the Mailsi divide of Shia and Sunni; at least it keeps the Mullahs happy and employed . :mrgreen:
But Pakis are not whining about kirkit match between ISIL and Syria. That exception is made for neighbors only, after all Pakis have big heart next to India but lesser green heart in Syria where ISIL finds them unworthy of fighting alongside and makes the pakis clean tables.

Bania heart < Paki heart < ISIL heart < Saudi heart, approximately, is how Pakis make it look just to whine around the world.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Falijee wrote: Exhibition admins should be applauded ; Paki press, as usual, interpret it as a Anti Muslim thing . Probably, more to it; violation of exhibition rules, etc :mrgreen:
More about the 35th International Trade Fair:
Nov 15: Change of hall upsets Pakistani traders at IITF
http://www.thestatesman.com/mobi/news/d ... 04027.html

Nov 17: Pakistani traders miffed over ‘garbage dump’ setting at fair
http://www.hindustantimes.com/delhi/pak ... pVIcK.html

Nov 29:
http://indianexpress.com/article/cities ... -for-home/
"India International Trade Fair: Facing hefty fine, stall owners from Pak, Bangla leave for home
The notice had been issued by the Delhi government’s department of trade and taxes, as the stall owners had failed to obtain the e-registration number required to participate in the trade fair.
A day after the Delhi government issued notices to 99 stall owners from Pakistan and Bangladesh at the India International Trade Fair along with a Rs 50,000 penalty, most of the traders have gone back to their countries, leaving the government and the fair’s organisers to settle the issue.

The notice had been issued by the Delhi government’s department of trade and taxes, as the stall owners had failed to obtain the e-registration number required to participate in the trade fair.

The India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) — the managing body of all traders participating in the fair — had Friday refused to let some of them leave and denied them gate passes. The ITPO had claimed that the Delhi government’s trade and taxes department had slapped a Rs 55 lakh fine on them as well.

All Bangladeshi traders, who were issued notices, have left without paying the penalty, said Commercial Counsellor for Bangladesh Nahid Rashid.

“But all the traders paid their VAT, which was decided upon in a joint meeting with the Export Promotion Bureau of Bangladesh, the taxes department and the ITPO. All these traders have been participating in the fair since a long time, but there has never been a problem in the payment of VAT and other commercial taxes. This is the first time they forced the e-registration clause for payment of taxes,” she said.

Refuting the ITPO’s claim — that all foreign traders had been told that e-registration was mandatory — she said that the organisation had not informed them about the clause.

Meanwhile, the trade and taxes department has not received the fine amount from either the traders or the ITPO.

“We waited till midnight at Pragati Maidan, but ITPO officials did not pay the fine. Even the traders didn’t appeal against the penalty imposed on them,” said an official from the department.

An ITPO official had earlier claimed that unless the traders paid the penalty, they would not be issued exit passes and would be forced to leave their goods behind. However, the site of the trade fair had been largely vacated by Saturday evening.

“The traders seem to have gone back home.. . but the ITPO may file an appeal. The matter remains unresolved…once the appeal is filed, it will take anywhere between 6 to 12 months to get resolved,” said an official of the trade and taxes department.

He added that the department had no plans of “cancelling the fines”.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Pakis Miffed At The Brink - HBO Comedy :mrgreen:

HBO Comedy 'The Brink' Sparks Fury in U.S. Ally Pakistan
by Wajahat S. Khan
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — HBO comedy "The Brink" is following in the footsteps of "Homeland" by ruffling the feathers of viewers in Pakistan — those who can get their hands on it, anyway.
In Pakistan, "The Brink" sparked a similar backlash to that which greeted Showtime's award-winning "Homeland" last year — which critics alleged portrayed the country in a negative and one-dimensional way.
This is going to change with Ganja's recent promise to make Pakhanistan more "liberal", with multiplier effect on the Aam Abduls which will result in a more "positive" image! (Lahori logic at work here)
In the capital Islamabad, sources at both a cable TV provider and a leading pirate DVD franchise told NBC News they have been "advised" by security officials not to air or sell copies of "The Brink."
So, the "Deep State" is now also in the business of monitoring private entertainment at home, apart from throwing Baluchi freedom fighters from Hellis :shock:
"We have been advised warned to not run this, either in regular cable or in video on-demand services we offer," said one staff member at the Islamabad-based cable operator, who did not want to be identified for fear of reprisals.
Cant blame the poor chap !
Pakistan's embassy in Washington accused the show of "maligning" Pakistan and said that it "reinforces stereotypes."
But, stereotypes, always contain a grain of truth ; Gobermand should not be in the business of monitoring what goes on in an individual's living/bedroom :mrgreen:
Not only has "The Brink" not been aired on Pakistani TV, it has also been suppressed :?: at Illusions, Islamabad's largest vendor in the country's popular pirate DVD industry.
And it's not just the intelligence services that are not fans of the show. Pakistanis who have managed to watch it took to Twitter to decry what they say are inaccuracies with the sets — only the B-roll of the series appears to have been taped in Pakistan — as well as actors from arch-rival India playing Pakistani characters. ( this mard-e-momin Paki anchor/ journo should be reminded - Bijness is Bijness ; money has no colour - and by the way, does he have any explanation for so many Pakis posing as Indian in the Land Of The Free And The Brave )
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Fears over rise in horse sex abuse in Switzerland

A recent google survey on animal sex search listed Pakiland as # 1 nation in that search category; so, by this logic, Swiss animal abuse authorities should concentrate their effort on the "tiny" minority of legal and illegal Paki residents; am sure that this will yield positive results :rotfl:
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

arun wrote:Tunku Vardarajan rightly advises against India playing a bilateral cricket series with the Mohammadden Terrorist fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Reverse swing: No cricket with Pakistan
WTF happened here? Im scratching my head all over but unable to figure out if Mr.Tunku actually wrote this column?

This is equivalent to Mani Shankar Aiyar writing a column praising Modi and bashing TSP ( which can never happen). So how did this happen? :-?
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^Tunku Varadarajan was always a tad more balanced than his marxist birader Siddharth Varadarajan.

Pretty much like Swaminathan Aiyer and his birader Mani Shankar Aiyer. Only.
BajKhedawal
BRFite

Post by BajKhedawal »

Came across this old 2012 video while searching for HBO's series The Brink, interesting. There is a girl in Swat giving a interview with face blurred out, she is made out to look very much like Malala, this video was published Jul-18-2012 so I guess she is her. She was shot at soon after in October 2012.

apologies if posted earlier.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Nizam Mey Tabdili Chahiye 8)
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Posted by a Pashtun on the net. English Question paper set by University of Sargodha. Interesting questions

Transalation of Urdu part:
It says that since the ppl of FATA were uneducated and uncivilized that's why the terrorists easily settled there ~

SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Hari Seldon wrote:^Tunku Varadarajan was always a tad more balanced than his marxist birader Siddharth Varadarajan.

Pretty much like Swaminathan Aiyer and his birader Mani Shankar Aiyer. Only.
Hari saar, I am reminded of a father's answer when asked which one of his sons was his best. Said he, "Oh, that boy who is trying to set fire to the house".
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Espionage case: Pak High Commission under scanner - Shubhomoy Sikdar, The Hindu
The role of a Pakistan High Commission (PHC) staff in India is under scanner for helping members of an espionage network penetrating the key defence and strategic establishments here.

This was disclosed by Delhi Police Crime Branch, which has arrested two alleged members of this network, a Border Security Force (BSF) head Constable and a handler of Pakistani Intelligence Operative.

Kaifatullah Khan, the handler arrested for allegedly providing sensitive information on security deployment to Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), has revealed that the PHC official was to facilitate his next visit to Pakistan.

"Khan was told to visit Pakistan after concluding his Bhopal trip. The official at the PHC was to ease the process of obtaining visa for him. That plan was foiled with his arrest at New Delhi Railway Station by us last week," said Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Ravindra Yadav.

He, however, claims that he was not told about the name or rank of the official. Mr. Yadav said that without ascertaining the identity of the suspect at PHC, they could not proceed with placing a formal request to MEA for questioning anyone at the High Commission.

Had he gone ahead with the plan after securing visa, this would have been Khan's second visit to Pakistan since 2013 where he was roped in by ISI handler there after the person lured him with money. The purpose of that visit was to meet his relative in Gunjrawala and the visa for that was obtained through routine channels without any rigging, he purportedly told the police.

The promised sum was not disclosed but a portion of it received by Khan and his accomplice Head Constable Abdul Rasheed routed through global money transfer channels or bank to bank transfer from the Gulf countries, said another officer.

Khan himself had trained with Jammu and Kashmir Police in 1992 bit took up a librarian's job the very next year. Rasheed, his cousin and alleged accomplice, too had been communicating with ISI handler in Pak, said Mr. Yadav.

The Delhi Police so far has been tight lipped about link between Khan and Rasheed and some of the other modules busted in the country by State Police Forces but did not dismiss the possibility.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Nawaz Manages Brief One-On-One With Modiji In Paris :mrgreen:
Nawaz, Modi meet on sidelines of Paris climate summit
PARIS: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and his Indian counterpart Narendra Modi on Monday exchanged pleasantries on the sidelines of the 21st UN Climate Change Conference in Paris.
Modi approached Sharif and had a brief chat with him, said a statement from the PM Office. (Echendee intact; wont be sactioned on this point by "Bad Sharif" for meeting with the "dushman" :twisted: )
"Both appeared in a friendly mood and the Indian PM left the meeting with a warm handshake with the Pakistani PM," the statement added.
Diplomatic observers at the summit say there was great warmth between the two leaders. Details of the conversation were not immediately known, but government officials described it as a "courtesy meeting."
This has also led to souring cricketing ties, with an Indo-Pak cricket series scheduled for December this year in doldrums.
Maybe, "begging" for kirket also ; hope Modiji stands firm and not swayed by the "sweet talk" :mrgreen:
Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif had ealrier said Pakistan is ready to contribute to the global efforts to tackle the climate change issues.
He was talking to newsmen in Paris where he will represent Pakistan at the UN Climate Change Conference beginning on Monday.
The Prime Minister said the developed countries have more responsibility in this respect.
To a question, he said Pakistan will not let come any hurdle in its development process.
Hope that he was reading the "right" speech given to him
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Madame Jalebi In The News After A Long Time - Defends Her Daughter Who Voted For Nawaz Party :mrgreen:
Shireen Mazari defends daughter’s choice to vote rival PML-N in LG polls
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf Central Information Secretary Shireen Mazari on Monday hit back at critics who she said trolled her over her daughter's decision to vote for rival PML-N in today's local body election.
Mazari took to Twitter to defend herself and her daughter, after the two faced criticism on micro-blogging website Twitter. The uproar followed her daughter Iman Hazir's tweet announcing her vote in favour of the ruling Pakistan Muslim League - Nawaz.
The PTI information secretary said her association with PTI does not obligate her family to vote for the parry and added that "democracy means free choice".
So, how will she now explain this "disloyalty" to the Kaptaan of her Party :mrgreen:
Hazir went on to say that she has been critical of the PML-N but was never abused by party supporters. She added that PML-N supporters have not abused her mother, who belongs to rival PTI, either.
Maybe, all this is a ploy; feudal politics at play here; ensuring that their landholding interest in Pakjab are not "hurt" by Ganja and his henchmen
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Blackberry Refuses Paki Demands - Will Shut Shop There
BlackBerry delays Pakistan shutdown as talks on govt access continue
ISLAMABAD: BlackBerry Ltd will delay shutting down its operations in Pakistan until Dec 30 as negotiations continue over government demands for access to users' private data, the company and the telecoms authority said on Monday.
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) had in July demanded BlackBerry give it access to its BlackBerry Enterprise Services, which encrypt data such as emails and instant messages, or shut it down by Nov 30.
The PTA on Monday then suggested a one-month extension to that deadline, its chairman Syed Ismail Shah said. BlackBerry also confirmed the extension in a statement on its website.
“The level of access is still under discussion,” Shah said. “We can extend the deadline and they can continue to work until then.” quote]
The Canadian Company has announced that it will cease operations in Pakistan as of Jan 1, 2016
Pakistan has said it needs access to maintain its security, with police saying criminals use secure communications like those provided by BlackBerry.
Analysts say the government is increasing electronic surveillance to target activists, politicians and journalists.
Martial law is in effect, except that it is not openly acknowledged for obvious reasons!
"Pakistan’s demand for open access to monitor a significant swath of our customers’ communications within its borders left us no choice but to exit the country entirely," Beard had said.
The COO said the company made the move because "remaining in Pakistan would have meant forfeiting our commitment to protect our users’ privacy".
Pakis are probably a "small" player overall, therefore the company can afford to shut down their operations rather than bow to pressure!
...Rather, Pakistan was essentially demanding unfettered access to all of our BES customers’ information," the COO said.
member_29004
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_29004 »

Why is this guy given such an opportunity. There should be space for an American Siddharth Vardarajan on a government funded channel.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Nov 21, 2015

Post by Peregrine »

Pakistan will not compromise on its dignity and honour: Nawaz Sharif after meeting Narendra Modi

NEW DELHI: Pakistan's Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Monday said he wants better bilateral relations with India, but his country will not compromise on its dignity and honour.

"We want peace without any compromise on the dignity and honour of Pakistan," Pakistan's Geo TV quoted Sharif as saying. "Pakistan desires better bilateral relations with India," he added.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Pakistani counterpart had a "casual meeting" on Monday on the sidelines of the climate summit in Paris, warmly shaking hands before sitting down for a brief two-minute chat, amidst a chill in the bilateral ties.

Downplaying the chance encounter, external affairs ministry spokesperson Vikas Swarup said, "This was a brief exchange of courtesies in the Leaders Lounge. Prime Minister meets many heads of states."

After meeting Modi, Sharif told the Pakistani media that Islamabad attaches highest significance to its principled stance. "I had good discussions with the Indian Prime Minister in a good way, in a good environment and even they have expressed that we should take our issues forward. And we also have the same opinion and hope," Sharif said.

"If both the sides are on agreeing terms, then its not possible that the talks and discussions are not taken ahead," he added.

The exact details of the talks were not known but there is expectation here that it will help to ease tensions between the two nations after the planned meeting of their national security advisors was cancelled in August.

The brief meeting may help to arrange a cricket series between their teams in Sri Lanka next month and participation by India in the Heart of Asia Conference in Islamabad next week, some media reports said.

The meeting of the two leaders was the first between them after June this year when they met in the Russian city of Ufa and agreed that their National Security Advisors would meet. However, the meeting did not take place amidst a blame game between the two countries.
Cheers Image
Abhay_S
BRFite

Post by Abhay_S »

How Tolerant of TSP

http://indianexpress.com/article/opinio ... my-column/

Pakistan’s globetrotting Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif has been peddling the ostensible success of a military operation called Zarb-e-Azb in assorted world capitals. The director of the Inter-Services Public Relations, Lt General Asim Saleem Bajwa, has unleashed a social and conventional media blitzkrieg that creates a halo of accomplishment, nay infallibility, around his boss, General Sharif. But in tandem with the military’s media blitz is its undeclared war on dissent, which impugns, maligns and tries to ostracise those in the intelligentsia who refuse to buy the military’s version of events. This low intensity, systematic war on the diversity of opinion in Pakistan barely gets local or international attention.

During my morning ritual of going through emails this past Friday (November 27), I spotted one from my op-ed editor, which read: “It is with an extremely heavy heart that I regret to inform you that Daily Times will be unable to accommodate your daring and conscientious articles. Due to the climate under which print media operates in these times such pieces are constantly being put under scrutiny and so the newspaper with it. It is also my unfortunate duty to inform you that Rashed Rahman has resigned as editor-in-chief due to the same reasons of continued interference in the affairs of the editorial department and as a soldier for unbiased truth he is now serving his three months notice”. As the lead weekly columnist for the liberal Pakistani newspaper Daily Times, I have written extensively about how the dissenters in the Pakistani media, academia and the political class were hounded rel-entlessly; that the undeclared censor’s guillotine had fallen on my hand, was not a shock. What was surprising was that it took six years for it to do so.

My editor, Rashed Rahman, a seasoned journalist and a veteran leftist political campaigner, had insulated me and others like me from the interference of what he calls “the powers that be” — a euphemism for Pakistan’s military establishment — for years. After the assassination of Salmaan Taseer, the high-profile owner of the Daily Times and the then governor of Pakistan’s Punjab province at the hands of a religious zealot, his family continued with his liberal tradition and continued to afford me, and others like the veteran Baloch activist and writer Mir Muhammad Ali Talpur, the space for speaking our mind. It seems, however, that the cushion against the military’s stealthy interference was wearing thin since the ascent of General Sharif, not just at our paper but the media in general.

Along with putting the Pakistani COAS on a pedestal, his media team was actively weeding out his detractors. For example, about a year ago, the editorial staff advised Talpur to take a break from writing on Balochistan since that issue draws flak from the military. After a hiatus, Talpur wrote a sca-thing criticism of the virtual colonisation of Balochistan by the Pakistani military. The owners finally told our editor Rashed Rahm-an this past Thursday to shut down both Talpur’s and my weekly columns.

A six-year association with the Daily Times thus ended under pressure from Paki-stan’s almighty army. I say army because none of the cultural and music pieces or the personality profiles that I did would have offended anyone. It was my criticism of the army’s duplicitous policy vis-à-vis the jiha-dist terror unleashed in Afghanistan that annoyed the army.

My premise has been simple: The Pakistani army has caused irreparable damage to Pakistani society through its patronage of the jihadists since at least the mid-1970s and despite its proclamations to the contrary, it has not changed as far as the use of jihadist proxies against Afghanistan and India is concerned. I have consistently underscored the fact that the biggest price of the army’s jihadist venture has been paid by the Pakistani people, especially the Pashtuns and the vulnerable religious groups such as the battered and beleaguered Shias, Ahmadis, Christians and Hindus. The army’s massive human rights abuses in the restive and resource-rich Balochistan has stoked the separatism there and closed the door on a meaningful political reconciliation with the Baloch seeking independence — or secession — depending on one’s perspective. I have strived to give voice to the voiceless sections of Pakistani society because each one of them has touched my life in some way and enriched it in the process.

When I saw my friends and dear ones being shot, the Pashtun leaders that I knew personally being killed and the All Saints Church where I played cricket, being blown to smithereens — all in my hometown Peshawar — by the Taliban, I wanted to bear witness and chronicle those atrocities, which in my opinion were a direct blowback of the Pakistan army’s jihadist project. After the heinous attack on the Army Public School in Peshawar last year, the army cracked down on what it had described once as the “bad Taliban”, that is, the ones that hit inside Pakistan. While it claimed that it is going after jihadists of all shades, I contended that it was sparing the “good Taliban”, that is, the ones who attack inside Afghanistan.

My last Daily Times column pointed out that General Sharif speaks with a forked tongue, pledging to fight against terror and bring peace in Afghanistan while jihadists infiltrate Afghanistan from Pakistan unchecked. The army and its minions perhaps could not take it anymore and my column was shut down for good.

The media and press freedom in Pakistan under General Sharif’s leadership is a myth. A multitude of media outlets, including the television channels, create the illusion of diversity but are effectively churning out the various shades of army-approved hyper-nationalism that passes for patriotism. One can perhaps slip in a critical column or a show, but to do so in a sustained manner is nearly impossible now. The troubling part is that the political class has abdicated its role to define patriotism. The Pakistani intelligentsia can make a case for wresting back the power to define the national interest, but unless politicians are willing to do the heavy lifting, we’d be fighting an uphill
battle in which many more columns will be shut down and writers banished from the public view.
The writer is a former columnist for the ‘Daily Times’, Pakistan.
ldev
BRF Oldie

Post by ldev »

Modi meeting Nawaz Sharif on the sidelines of the Paris climate meeting. Nawaz Sharif looks dejected, wonder what's troubling him?
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Dehati Aurat telling her tales of problems at home to SDRE Chankian Bania?
member_29247
BRFite

Post by member_29247 »

Modi ji said "may be badmash if you lie down on the couch" I can help you better
"Analyze this"

Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

1. Modi is covering his mouth to prevent lip reading?
2. Raheel Sharif has deployed the 'butcher of balochistan' to spy on Nawaz Sharif. These faujis and ISI wallas keep roaming around the civilians like flies, trying to eavesdrop on conversations.
3. I get the feeling that Nawaz is kinda pleading for a cricket series. There is trouble brewing in Pakistan, the way ISPR has been glorifying Raheel Sharif, and his recent tours to the fourfathers one by one, sounds like a prelude to a coup.

If there is a coup, traditionally the PM of Pakistan have to keep their friends very close. NS has to keep his Saudi Biradhers close.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

ldev wrote:Modi meeting Nawaz Sharif on the sidelines of the Paris climate meeting. Nawaz Sharif looks dejected, wonder what's troubling him?[img]
Is that Afghan leader Ashraf Ghani in the background? If so them Ganza must have been Sandwiched.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Gagan wrote:1. Modi is covering his mouth to prevent lip reading?
2. Raheel Sharif has deployed the 'butcher of balochistan' to spy on Nawaz Sharif. These faujis and ISI wallas keep roaming around the civilians like flies, trying to eavesdrop on conversations.
3. I get the feeling that Nawaz is kinda pleading for a cricket series. There is trouble brewing in Pakistan, the way ISPR has been glorifying Raheel Sharif, and his recent tours to the fourfathers one by one, sounds like a prelude to a coup.

If there is a coup, traditionally the PM of Pakistan have to keep their friends very close. NS has to keep his Saudi Biradhers close.
GaganJi, man why are you obsessed with kirket? Just kidding :-). I am veering towards a Yes from ModiJi on Kirket. I also think some form of dialogue will re-start. It will be interesting to see how it is couched. Terror first, or terror and some "core issue"? How will TSP dance to India's Hurriyat red line?

But I am happy to be wrong on both counts.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Morrocan Cab Driver Shot In Pittsburgh- Mistaken For A Pakistani :!:

Are you from Pakistan ? Passenger asked the taxi driver and shot him.
Pittsburgh police are investigating the Thanksgiving Day shooting of a Muslim cab driver in Hazelwood that the victim and leaders of the Islamic Center of Pittsburgh are describing as a hate crime.
The driver, a 38-year-old Moroccan immigrant who has requested anonymity out of fear for his safety and who has not been identified by police, said he picked a man up outside Rivers Casino at about 1 a.m. Thursday. During the trip to a residence on Second Avenue in Hazelwood, the driver said, the passenger began asking him about his background.
“He started the conversation and began to ask questions like, ‘You seem to be like a Pakistani guy. Are you from Pakistan?’ ” the driver said in an interview from his bed at UPMC Mercy, where he is being treated for a bullet wound in the upper back. “And I said, ‘No, I’m from Morocco. But I’m an American guy.’
With such a "world wide reputation", it is no wonder that most of the Pakis "try" to pass themselves as from India !
“Then he continued the conversation. He began to speak about ISIS killing people. I told him ‘Actually, I’m against ISIS. I don’t like them.’ I even told him that they are killing innocent people. I noticed that he changed his tone and he began to satirize Muhammad, my prophet, and began to shift to his personal life. He mentioned that he has two kids and was in prison for some time.
“So it was this kind of stuff until we got to his destination. He asked me to wait for a little bit because he forgot his wallet in the house. I waited for just five minutes, I think, and I noticed that he came out of the house carrying a rifle in his hand. I noticed him coming toward me. I didn’t hesitate. I [made] a fast decision to leave and drove my taxi away because I felt he was going to do something. There is danger. He would shoot me or something. I felt like he had the intention to kill me.”
Sadly, these kinds of incidents are going to increase in the future; the Paki Govt, through their policies cannot escape blame !
Pittsburgh police released a statement with some details of the shooting but they have not determined whether the incident was motivated by the driver’s race or religion. :roll:
“All I can really say is that we evaluate all crimes that appear to be racially motivated,” he said.
Wasi Mohamed, executive director of the Islamic Center of Pittsburgh, expressed frustration and impatience with the investigation.
A Muslim woman among a group of friends with the wounded driver in his hospital room said the entire community is on edge.
“Since the Paris attack, we’ve been suffering,” said the woman, a member of the Islamic Center and who also requested anonymity. “Personally, we experience a lot of humiliation, a lot of people giving you the finger on the streets and calling you names. But when it comes to the point of shooting, this is extreme. This has to stop.”
“I believe the city has an opportunity and a responsibility to demonstrate that it is welcoming and will not stand for this kind of violence,” Mr. Mohamed said. “Our community will be praying for the recovery of our brother and expecting that the authorities take this matter much more seriously in the coming days.”
“The police hope to be able to arrest whoever committed this heinous crime,” Mr. O’Connor said. “Our officers and our detectives do a very good job, and we feel pretty confident that whoever did this will be apprehended. Obviously, we want results as soon as possible, but sometimes when the evidence is not there and we don’t have the proper witnesses, it makes the job [take] a little bit longer than an immediate response, but we will respond, and I think that’s a credit to our police force.
“It’s not like a TV show where it’s solved in 15 minutes. We have to go back, retrace everybody’s steps, look at videos.” :mrgreen:
Because of the "current climate", the police will take their own time in solving the crime.
“This is a unique nation. Here in America I have achieved what I could not in Morocco. Here I learned how to drive. Here I easily get a job with health benefits. All aspects of life. Cleanliness. This is my country. I am proud to say I am American, but I didn’t have the chance to say that to him.”
As far as the shooter is concerned, the driver said he simply wants justice done.
“In our religion, Islam, we forgive, even in such conditions,” he said. “I learned this from our prophet Muhammad. We don’t take revenge. I could forgive this, but I still want my rights.”
Instead of shooting his mouth off, he should keep his mouth shut to seek a good lawyer, who can get justice for him :mrgreen:
Pittsburgh Pakis, and Pakis of the whole world, should now be "proud" of their "reputation" :mrgreen:
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

falijee , this was not in good test...a poor non-Paki has been shot by potentially a white supreme-assist..
member_29001
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_29001 »

Back to cricket, tennis, hockey and double standards.
India boycotted the 1974 Davis Cup title round against South Africa due to its apartheid policies.
Now what did South Africa do to harm India's interests? Well India wanted to occupy a moral high ground, so it couldn't support apartheid.
But at the 1972 Olympics, India had no problem playing against TSP in the hockey semi final match.
Why? Maybe TSP was not that evil, they practice only genocide, not apartheid.
Anyway, I wish MEA could see this post.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Did anyone post news on here that an army soldier was injured in firing on the border yesterday? Not important enough I guess. Modiji and cricket matter because it's not the soldiers holding back terrorists but lack of cricket that is going to halt Pakistan's attacks. We are obsessing with cricket and that has been so for the last 5 pages of the last thread and 10 pages of this thread starting from one cricket lover linking Pakistani media reports of a cricket series with India slated to take place possibly in the UK in an unashamed lying media leak.

Modi goes to a meet in Paris and sits next to Nawaz Sharif and people think they are discussing cricket. This is what I mean by saying that we are a cricket obsessed nation - and the rhetoric about cricket being a religion has only made us feel good, and the BCCI making India a "world power" in cricket makes us oh so proud. India the cricket superpower. So much power that one cricket lover says that lack of cricket is going to impoverish Pakistan or something to that effect, or that Ganja and Modi are discussing cricket in a climate meet.

No wonder corrupt BCCI people capitalize on this sort of national obsession and cooperate with Dawoodbhai or bettors to skim money off the obsessed public of which some goes to Pakistan whether we play with Pakistan or not because the money is being generated by betting and transferred by hawala.

I personally think a nation that shows skills in only one game gifted to us by our colonial masters is sadly lacking in some way - but there is nothing I can do apart from rue the fact. Indians are among the first to mock and laugh at India's poor performance in most other sports and no one is interested enough in the few sports that we do well to talk about it - like PV Sindhu winning the Macau open yesterday. I just wonder if Indian "indigenous sports" that included cattle races, gilli danda, archery and wrestling have been superseded by the increasing numbers of the elite educated crowd who sneer at local sports, can't play any other international sport like soccer and raise cricket to levels of international importance way above the actual value of that game to anyone but Indians. Indians have always praised cricket as the "game of kings" or "king of games" or some such inane descriptive term for a sport not played by 90% of countries in the world. Aamir Khan did not do anyone but himself a favour when he made a game of cricket into a story of an independence struggle in a movie that became very popular pushing all the right buttons for Indians. Aamir is a good businessman (or was, at least). But that story seems to have evolved into a kind of religious myth where the power of cricket, having defeated Britain in a movie, is now threatening Pakistan with annihilation.

Added to this idiocy are things like "We are a peace loving nation", " Let us replace war with sport" - etc statements that are close to the hearts of WKKs. But why blame WKKs when cricket lovers claiming to hold the highest patriotic ideals say that cricket can be used to apply economic pressure on Pakistan in the form of sanctions. In all my years of listening to all the phenomenally moronic things said about cricket this one has got to be the top in absolute stupidity posted in a forum that has prided itself in being a high level think tank about Pakistan and a whole lot of other strategic issues. Maybe it was at some time - but this is a huge fall. I don't like it and will protest
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, just saw an interview with good Shariff on TimesNow. From Shariff's answers, very diplomatic though, he said something to the effect of "we discussed how to move forward" (India & TSP). Please watch from about 14 mins on-wards

http://www.timesnow.tv/Debate-Photo-op- ... 483222.cms

How to move forward could also mean how to mover forward on climate change :-).