Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Nov 21, 2015

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
rajsunder
BRFite

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Nov 21, 2

Post by rajsunder »

Some of the thread's first post links that point to BR's URL's do not work
Know Your Pakistan
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/MONITOR/I ... /Shiv.html

The Monkey Trap: A synopsis of Indo-Pak relations
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/MONITOR/I ... ayyam.html

PAKISTAN-FAILED STATE: an ebook that owes its origin and existence to BRF.
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/EBOOKS/pfs.pdf
It would be great if some moderator looked in to this issue.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Yeah the BR Monitor is not uplinked. Have alerted admins on it.
rajsunder
BRFite

Post by rajsunder »

ramana wrote:Yeah the BR Monitor is not uplinked. Have alerted admins on it.
Even Shiv's book's link Does not work.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Nov 21, 2015

Post by Peregrine »

TTP managed Charsadda attack from Afghanistan: COAS

RAWALPINDI: Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Raheel Sharif on Thursday said that the armed attack on Bacha Khan University, Charsadda in Pakistan’s northwest was managed from Afghanistan.

According to ISPR, the COAS telephoned Afghan President Ashraf Ghani, chief executive Abdullah Abdullah and US commander in Afghanistan General John Campbell and shared the details of gathered information in connection with Wednesday’s deadly attack on the university in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.

The Pakistan Army Chief said an operative of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan issued instructions to the terrorists in Charsadda from a location in Afghanistan.

General Raheel Sharif sought cooperation of Afghanistan in tracing and hunting down the militants, who perpetrated the deadly attack on Bacha Khan University, in which 21 people lost their lives, mostly students.

Hours after the attack on Wednesday, DG ISPR Lt Gen Asim Bajwa in a media briefing had shared that two cell phones which were in terrorists’ use had been seized. He said even after the terrorists were killed, one of the mobile phones was still getting calls from an Afghan SIMcard.

He said the gathered information confirms who the terrorists were and where they were operating from. He said more clues were being gathered from the seized cell phones.
Cheers Image
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Pakistan A Supplier Of Female Sex Slaves To ISIS :shock:
Punjab law minister says Pakistanis fighting alongside I.S. won’t be allowed back home.
Last September, Khalid Cheema went to the police after his wife, Bushra, and their four children went missing from their home in Lahore’s Johar Town. In October, Cheema finally heard from her. “I love God and his religion, and I want to die a martyr’s death,” she said in a chillingly calm, two-minute voice message, a copy of which the Punjab government has provided Newsweek. “If you can’t join us then at least pray your wife and children die in jihad.” :roll:
Cheema, who runs a small construction company, is now in police custody for suspected links with the Islamic State, the militant group that his wife has left home to fight for. She is one of “maybe 50 Pakistanis who have left for Syria,” Rana Sanaullah,( so, according to him, everything is " pretty normal ") law minister of the Punjab, tells Newsweek, characterizing reports of rampant I.S. recruitment in Pakistan as overblown. “France has admitted that 1,000 of its citizens have joined I.S., yet no one is accusing France of allowing I.S. to establish a network there.”
Sanaullah, who is leading the drive against I.S. in his province, is determined that Pakistanis fighting alongside I.S. abroad will not be allowed back home. “They ask us, ‘What will you do if these people return to commit terrorist acts on the home soil?’ Let me be clear, these people are never going to be let back into Pakistan.” The minister is taking his lead from his party chief, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, who has vowed not to allow I.S. to take root in the country.

So, ISI does not want "competition" between its allies (LET,JEM,Al-Qaeda) and the "new kid on the block" ISIS :mrgreen:
But by all accounts, I.S. has supporters in Pakistan. Graffiti, banners and agitprop literature in support of I.S. have been appearing and reappearing in several cities, including Lahore, for over a year now, and a number of local militant groups and radical organizations, including Islamabad’s Lal Masjid, have pledged their support to I.S. and its self-proclaimed caliph.
Three women and 12 children from Lahore are currently missing and assumed to be working with I.S.,” a senior police officer in Lahore tells Newsweek on condition of anonymity. According to police, the three women are Bushra Cheema, Irshad Bibi—a 50-year-old widow who left for Syria to join her son Bilal there in April—and Farhana, Irshad Bibi’s neighbor who was reported missing on Sept. 15. (There are between 400 and 500 Pakistanis legally in Syria, according to the Pakistan Embassy in Damascus; Bilal is one of them.)
So, he has "no knowlege" of the illegal departees .
Syria suspended issuing visas to Pakistanis two years ago. The “maybe 50” Pakistanis who have gone to fight alongside I.S. in Syria or Iraq have, according to Punjab officials, likely crossed into Iran through Balochistan province using human traffickers.
No mention of the "minority sect Pakis" leaving to join Assad's side :roll:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Saudi Arabia Minister Avoids Questions On Acquiring Nukes From Pakistan :mrgreen:
Washington: Saudi Arabia's Foreign Minister Adel Al-Jubeir has refused to publicly speak on reports that Riyadh was trying to buy nuclear weapons from Pakistan, but said the Kingdom will do whatever it takes to protect itself.
"I am not going to get into details of discussions we have with foreign governments, and certainly not allied governments.( So, the Saudis consider the Pakis as allies ? that means that this "Paki shuttle diplomacy" AKA "honest brokering between Iran and S.A and the need for Ummah Brotherhood" all amounts to a whole lot of BS :mrgreen: ) I am sure you understand," he said.
"I would not discuss these things in a public forum, certainly not on television," he told CNN when asked about nuclear cooperation with Pakistan.
His remarks came a day after US Secretary of State John Kerry warned both Saudi Arabia and Pakistan against indulging in trade of nuclear weapons, saying there will be "all kinds of NPT consequences" if Riyadh went ahead with any such plan.
The warning from Kerry came amid media reports that Saudi Arabia is trying to buy nuclear weapons from Pakistan. Top Pakistani leaders have in recent weeks warned Iran of serious consequences if it attacked Saudi Arabia, which many analysts see as a nuclear threat from Islamabad to Tehran. :roll:
Saudi Arabia is committed to two things. I always say two things we do not negotiate over, our faith ( is he referring to the Wahabi version of Malsi ?)and our security. Saudi Arabia will do whatever it takes in order to protect our nation and our people from any harm. And I will leave it at that," Al-Jubeir said.
"I discussed the bilateral relationship with Pakistan, which is a strategic one. We discussed the regional situation.
We discussed ways to promote security and stability in the region. We discussed the negative and aggressive Iranian interference and the affairs of the region," he said.
Responding to a question, the minister said Iran should seize interfering in the affairs of other regional countries.
And what about Saudi interference in other countries via "money diplomacy"
Al-Jubeir said most countries are concerned over Iran getting billions of dollars as a result of the nuclear deal.
"I think most countries in the world are concerned that Iran will use these funds in order to fund its nefarious activities rather than use them to develop its country and improve the living standards of its people. I hope I'm wrong," he said.
Lashing out at Iran, he said Tehran harbours the leadership of Al-Qaeda, including one of Osama bin Laden's sons, ( and what about the whole Bin Laden family ensconced in Saudia )and this is a country that has been aggressive and has demonstrated no inhibitions in using terrorism.
"This is a country that has provided troops and recruited troops in a sectarian war in Syria that has allowed Bashar al-Assad to murder more than 250,000 of his people and to render 12 million of them refugees or displaced persons," he said.
member_29325
BRFite

Post by member_29325 »

On the one hand, the paki army makes noises about keeping IS out of pakistan, and at the same time, the paki jihadis in J&K start carrying around IS flags -- the pakis are basically putting on the ISIS mask to all the pro-paki groups in the valley.

GoI should use this as an excuse to vilify these pakjihadis in J&K who carry IS flags and pretend they are all IS supported and take them down with prejudice - they will get no sympathy from the pro-paki crowd in India. Pakis clearly didn't think through this "ISIS in J&K" plan thoroughly.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Hu is the Boss?
Khamosh Lab Hain,Jhuki Jhuki Hain Palke : Mush Mey Vasleen Laggi Hui Hai.
Uski Aankhon Mey Gussa orr Taange Dono Khuli Hui Hai .
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

http://www.financialexpress.com/article ... if/199759/
Normalisation of ties with India to boost trade: Nawaz Sharif
Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif today said normalisation of ties with India and restoration of the bilateral composite dialogue can give a big boost to the trade relations between the countries.

“With India once we are able to normalise the relations and restore the composite dialogue, there is huge potential for bilateral cooperation on trade and other areas,” Sharif said here at the WEF Annual Meeting.
jagga
BRFite

Post by jagga »

Jhujar wrote:Hu is the Boss?
:lol: :rotfl: :lol:
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Bismilla! Subhanalla!
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

All ayeshas running away, along with some Bak Fauj Jernails in pak fauj standard issue Burkas

https://youtu.be/CUSiJpC_2tk

All this fast running by the ayeshas can have serious health consequences :evil:
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Jhujar wrote:Hu is the Boss?
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: So filthy... but truly a fitting description.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Gagan wrote:All ayeshas running away, along with some Bak Fauj Jernails in pak fauj standard issue Burkas

https://youtu.be/CUSiJpC_2tk

All this fast running by the ayeshas can have serious health consequences :evil:
Very illuminating. All those ayeshas showing excellent form. Must have caused 5.9 on the Richter scale with all of them bouncing along like that.
But the Baki Special Faujes attack is spectacularly ludicrous. Look at the start: the einsteins are all bunched together and saunter past a glass-windowed hall, not even looking into it. Anyone with an AK or an RPG in there could have taken out the whole squad before they even said Al...

Then they generally don't know what to do. Even the one about them bursting into a classroom and pointing guns, is pathetically unprofessional. Someone standing near the door could have calmly picked off both before they had any chance.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

India sets agenda for Foreign Secretary talks with Pakistan - Kallol Bhattacharjee, The Hindu
Foreign Secretaries of India and Pakistan will soon meet for the first round of talks under the Comprehensive Bilateral Dialogue to discuss terrorism by Pakistan-based outfits, a senior government official told The Hindu , ending speculation about the future of bilateral diplomatic engagement.

“We are resolving the scheduling problem as both the Foreign Secretaries have busy diplomatic schedule in the coming days but we are confident of finding a convenient date for their meeting soon,” the official said.

Foreign Secretary S. Jaishankar who postponed the January 15 dialogue with his Pakistan counterpart Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhry, is now focused on the visit by French President Francois Hollande and other high-level visitors from Europe during the last week of January.
So, what has changed between Jan 15, 2016 and now?
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

Update 3 - Baccha Khan University attack:
Terrormonitor.org ‏@Terror_Monitor now3 seconds ago
#AFGHANISTAN
President Office Rejects Its Soil Was Used To #BachaKhanUniversity Attack, Says #Pakistani Claim Are Baseless.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

Gagan wrote:.............All this fast running by the ayeshas can have serious health consequences :evil:
That would depends on who's running after them, no?

Speaking of which did I see you lurking in the background in your RA agint saffron combat fatigues, lasciviously stroking your beard, Maulener Gagan-bin-sharam O' Haya?
Bhurishrava
BRFite

Post by Bhurishrava »

http://www.dawn.com/news/1234676/two-el ... n-peshawar
Two elite policemen killed.
Superintendent of Police (SP) Imtiaz told DawnNews that elite force policemen Shahzeb and Ihsanullah were riding a motorcycle en route to their office when unidentified armed men opened fire.
Baat bina baat.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

UlanBatori wrote:Very illuminating. All those ayeshas showing excellent form. Must have caused 5.9 on the Richter scale with all of them bouncing along like that.
:rotfl: Coffee spill alert.

UB you are seriously eevil :D
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

" In Al- Bakistan They Have Many Of These (Houbara ) ******** For Our Falcons To Hunt :mrgreen:
Diary of an Arab hunter
Wallah, it is once again the season of the hunt.... For there is no struggle more glorious than a Sheikh’s entourage of armed bodyguards versus a small, defenseless bird.
In the great deserts of Arabia there are few animals to hunt. There are camels but they do not understand the idea of running away; they stand there, idiots, and it is the Sheikh who has to run away to make distance. Ya tifl, that is not good.
That is why we come to our friends in al-Bakistan, where everyone looks like our servants from back home. They have many of these (houbara) ******** for our falcons to hunt. The Sheikh Abu bin Ibn says there will be great reward on the Day of Judgment for those who have killed the (houbara) ******** for this illegitimate bird is close to Shaitan and there is good in striking it down. :mrgreen:
...but by the grace of God their country is a bit rural, too few malls and eight lane highways and five star hotels. I ask the locals, “Have you not been blessed with the divine gift of oil?”
The hospitality here is heartwarming and we truly feel part of a global Muslim Ummah which is why we build balace sized homes with electrified fences to keep the locals out.
Not to mention "private runaways" in the middle of the god-forsaken desert :lol:
We start the hunt on a Friday(the holy day of Juma!) for verily on this day there is a blessing upon those who carry radar devices and radio transmitters in a ten vehicle cavalcade. This year we go to the inhospitably arid dunes of Chagai.
Then we heard the crown prince had landed in al-Bakistan and upon seeing the airport at the capital had remarked, “Is this a joke?” but then the prince told the Sheikhs that whatever has been promised to you has been promised tenfold, and in dollars, to the government of al-Bakistan for truly he is a friend who lets his brother hunt in his home.
This follows a long tradition of Arabs enjoying safaris in South Asia from the days of Muhammad bin Qasim who made the journey to hunt the prized wildlife known as Maharajas. :rotfl:
When the crown prince joined us in Chagai, he explained that in nature many things had been made good for man, and the ******** is one of them, for the ******** is good for the kindling of an Arab’s passions and keeps him young and virile.
And the Sheikhs Wiz bin Khalifa, Khalid bin Naum and Sahil bin Kahil did raise a toast of halal wine to his speech and there was much rejoicing.
There is no current news of the "hunt" this year; therefore, the Gulf Araps have made good on their promise to "punish" Al- Bakistan for their about face on the Yemen crisis :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Bacha Khan University Attackers Vow to Target More Schools - Newsweek Pakistan
In new video, the Umar Mansoor-led Pakistani Taliban have threatened to attack educational institutions across the country.
The Taliban faction behind a massacre at the Bacha Khan University in Charsadda this week issued a video message on Friday vowing to target schools throughout the country, calling them “nurseries” for people who challenge Allah’s law.
"Snakes" reared in the back yard coming to bite back ! :mrgreen:
Heavily armed gunmen stormed the campus in Charsadda, killing 21 people in an attack that had chilling echoes of a 2014 assault on a school in nearby Peshawar, also claimed by Mansoor’s faction.
In the video issued Friday, Mansoor said his faction had attacked the university “because this is the place where lawyers are made, this is the place that produces military officers, this is the place that produces members of the parliament, all of whom challenge Allah’s sovereignty.”
Instead of targeting armed soldiers, he said, “we will target the nurseries that produce these people.”
If our women and children died as martyrs your children will not escape. If you attack us we will take revenge (badal as per Pashtunwali code of conduct )for the innocents,” he said in the video message, also posted online.
...The TTP, an umbrella group, has officially disavowed the Bacha Khan attack, branding it “un-Islamic” and vowing to hunt down those behind it.
So, the main TTP is not "green enough" for the Umar- Mansoor faction :P
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Pak varsity attack not an act of Terherik-i-Taliban, claims Bacha Khan great grand daughter
Report by:
Sabyasachi Bandopadhyay
Kolkata
21 Jan 2016

Yasmin Nigar Khan, great granddaughter of Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan, who was popularly known as Bacha (in Pushtu) Khan or Badsah Khan today said she did not believe Teherik-i-Taliban, the terror group active in Pakistan, was involved in the attack at the Bacha Khan University at Charsadda in Pakistan yesterday that killed 25, including students and a teacher.
Incidentally yesterday was the death anniversary of Bacha Khan or Frontier Gandhi which was observed by the family of descendants of Bacha Khan in Kolkata too.
The university that was established on July 3, 2012 in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan was named after Bacha Khan or Badshah Khan, who was born in Charsadda in 1890. A close associate of Mahatma Gandhi who took part in the freedom movement, Badshah Khan, worked for the promotion of peace and education among members of the community he came from, the Pashtuns, as well as people from that region of the sub-continent that wallowed in poverty and sanguinary feuds.
``It is so unfortunate that the terror attack took place on the day of the death anniversary of my great grandfather,'' Yasmin. a resident of Kolkata, told Echo of India. ``What the terrorists did was quite contrary to the ideals promoted by my great grand father. But I firmly believe that the attack on the university was not the work of Teherik-i-Taliban as is being propagated by various quarters. It was a sinister plot hatched by Pakistani agencies and the students fell victim to it. In fact it was done to defame Afghanistan which is fighting to become normal and peaceful. I condemn it very much,'' Yasmin Khan, president of Kolkata-based Pashtun-jirga-e-Hind, an organisation of expatriate Afhgans in Kolkata belonging to the Pashtun community, that is spearheading a movement for a free Pashtunistan comprising areas in the North-West provinces of Pakistan, told Echo of India.
The organisation, founded by Yasmin's father Lala Jaan Khan, now runs a free primary school in Kolkata which is also named after Badshah Khan
So, one brother (Asphandyar Wali Khan ) lives in Pakiland, while the other is "settled" in India :eek:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Dialogue With Pakistan Is Not India's Necessity By Tufail Ahmed
According to a tweet by Pakistani journalist Omar R. Quraishi, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif told the World Economic Forum in Davos on January 21: "Once we normalise relations with India and resume the composite dialogue, there is immense potential for trade with it."Certainly,India-Pakistan dialogue is a necessity for the Pakistani people's own progress, but it is not a necessity for India, definitely not a priority at this point in time. Talks with Pakistan are counter-productive to India's national interests, hurt the goodwill between the peoples of the two countries and damage India's standing in the international community.

Endorse this cent percent ! It is international pressure that is behind the "so called composite dialogue"
Pakistan chose to separate from us in 1947 and should be encouraged to stay that way. In fact, if Pakistan were to formally become a part of Saudi Arabia or even China, it will serve India's national interests well and will securitize the liberty of Pakistani peoples. There are two types of states in the international state system: rational and irrational states. Rational states are those which are accountable first to their own people, and then to their neighbours and the community of the states. Some examples of such states are India, Britain and the U.S. Irrational states are those which are accountable to religions and ideologies first and certainly not accountable to their own people. Some examples are Saudi Arabia, North Korea and Pakistan.
So, if Pakistan wants to become a respectable member of the international community of states, here are test-case measures Prime Minister Nawaz Sharifcan initiatefor the benefit of the Pakistani people. One, introduce reforms in the Pakistan constitution to allow all Pakistani citizens – i.e. Christian Pakistanis, Hindu Pakistanis, Sikh Pakistanis – to become constitutionally eligible to be the head of the Pakistani state. At present, the Pakistani state is a jihadist state which legally forbids non-Pakistani citizens from becoming the head of the state. It does so because it says Islam does not allow non-Muslims to lead a state. This interpretation of Islam is not only offered by the Islamic State (ISIS), Al-Qaeda and the Taliban but also by Islamic clerics across the world. Once Pakistan permits all its citizens to become head of the state, it will cross a major bridge towards humanity.

Doubt that this will happen as the whole rationale for "a separate homeland for Muslims" will disappear !
Two, because Pakistan is a jihadist state, it has taken upon itself to offer an interpretation of Islam that suits the Islamists, the soft versions of jihadists. For example, Pakistani Prime Minister Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto enacted a legislation to bar an entire class of Pakistani citizens from calling themselves Muslims in 1974. To suit the jihadists, Ahmadi Muslims were practically declared infidels as a result of this legislation.
Three, Pakistan has a set of blasphemy laws, which forbid anyone from disrespecting Prophet Muhammad, other Islamic figures and the Quran. One of these laws is: Section 295-C of the Pakistan Penal Code which allows for death penalty. The existence of this law has led to discrimination against non-Muslim Pakistanis as well as ordinary Pakistanis.
For India-Pakistan relations to prosper, it will be necessary for the Pakistani state to carry out basic reforms in the above three areas. This is because the problems that emerge in the relations between the two countries are rooted in Pakistan's identity. Since Pakistan was created in the name of Islam, it has gone on to subjugate its people to the state religion.
It is true that India-Pakistan trade could lead to economic prosperity of the peoples of the three countries: Pakistan, Afghanistan and India. But that is an ideal position against which the ISI works round the clock. The ISI's ideological proposition is this: if we were to live in peace with India, why there was a need to create the state of Pakistan? The ISI views Pakistan as an Islamic state which was born because it was incompatible with India. As a result, each time there are talks between India and Pakistan, the ISI sponsors terror attacks on Indian interests.
At this point in time, talks with Pakistan help the cause of ISI-sponsored Pakistani terrorists as well as the cause of India's “sickularist” writers and politicians. Such talks are harmful to India's national interests. In fact, it can be argued that talks are not a necessity for India. It does not mean that Pakistan will stop sending jihadists into India.
ndia must downgrade all relations with Pakistan. Indians must play kabbadi with Pakistan, but high-voltage politics of cricket and ghazals must be stopped forthwith. If you can hold talks below the Joint Secretary level and achieve concrete objectives, what do you achieve by sending India's Foreign Secretary, the External Affairs Minister and the Prime Minister to Pakistan? Just to show off, or to win a Nobel peace prize? India loses nothing by not holding talks with Pakistan. It does also not mean that all ties with Pakistan have ceased. Kashmiris travel across the Line of Control one day per week without passports; Pakistani and Indian trucks enter each other's territory four days per week. Indians and Pakistanis do travel across the border. Pakistani ghazal singer Ghulam Ali is the toast of towns across India. Indian diplomats need to spread this message globally, learn some brinkmanship, and above all speak loudly.

His suggestions make sense as to how to deal with this artificial entity, which will ultimately break up in its ethnic components
Last edited by Falijee on 23 Jan 2016 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Isnt Younus Khan the Trade Fair Authority of India guy also nephew to Ghaffar Khan. He was always in India and supposedly Sanjay Gandhi's...
member_29325
BRFite

Post by member_29325 »

Once Pakistan permits all its citizens to become head of the state, it will cross a major bridge towards humanity.
How pakily delusional. This is a country where non muslims are only allowed to apply for janitorial jobs, and whoever wrote this expects these muslims would accept some non muslim as their leader. These pakis could stop killing their minorities and committing ethnic cleansing for a start, and then start considering ahmedis as muslims and change the passport...and many 100s of steps later, they can try to hoist some non muslims as head of state.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1032278/bac ... new-video/
Bacha Khan University attackers vow to target schools in new video
ISLAMABAD: The Taliban faction behind the Bacha Khan University massacre in Charsadda this week issued a video message Friday vowing to target schools throughout the country, calling them “nurseries” for people who challenge Allah’s law.The video, which spread rapidly on Facebook but was not released on official media accounts for the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistani (TTP), shows Khalifa Umar Mansoor, whose faction claimed responsibility for the attack on the university Wednesday.In the video issued Friday, Mansoor said his faction had attacked the university “because this is the place where lawyers are made, this is the place that produces military officers, this is the place that produces members of the parliament, all of whom challenge Allah’s sovereignty”.Instead of targeting armed soldiers, he said, “we will target the nurseries that produce these people”.“We will continue to attack schools, colleges and universities across Pakistan as these are the foundations that produce apostates. We will target and demolish the foundations,” he said.He said schools like the one in Peshawar, which is some 50 kilometres from Charsadda, were “preparing those generals, brigadiers and majors who killed and arrested so many fighters”.“If our women and children died as martyrs your children will not escape. If you attack us we will take revenge for the innocents,” he said in the video message, also posted online.Analysts have said the Taliban sent a message of impunity with Wednesday’s attack, that a national crackdown on extremism has failed and they can hit targets at will.The TTP, an umbrella group, has officially disavowed the Bacha Khan attack, branding it “un-Islamic” and vowing to hunt down those behind it.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Paki are so cute, adorable and predictable. Paki too have Phoone number traced back to India.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Falijee wrote:Dialogue With Pakistan Is Not India's Necessity By Tufail Ahmed ............{Snipped}..............

It is international pressure that is behind the "so called composite dialogue"

...............{Snipped}...........
Falijee,

I hold a contrary view.

I am very clear that our India has been comfortable placed for some time now to withstand “International Pressure” and that capability is increasing as time passes. I therefore refuse to give our politicians intent on building “Political Legacy” as Supreme Peace Monger of the Indian Sub-Continent and snagging a Noble Peace Prize, unintended cover for their personal ambitions by letting them claim “International Pressure” for actions intended to principally benefit themselves. Further I believe that any suggestion of “International Pressure”, again unintendedly, belittles our country India and in my opinion constitutes an own goal.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I think this attack is one more nail in Pakistan state structure.

they need to reform or lose it.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

rajsunder wrote:Some of the thread's first post links that point to BR's URL's do not work
Know Your Pakistan
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/MONITOR/I ... /Shiv.html

The Monkey Trap: A synopsis of Indo-Pak relations
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/MONITOR/I ... ayyam.html

PAKISTAN-FAILED STATE: an ebook that owes its origin and existence to BRF.
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/EBOOKS/pfs.pdf
It would be great if some moderator looked in to this issue.

This one is still there:

Know Your Pakistan
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/archives/MONITOR/ISSUE6-1/Shiv.html

The links to ISSUE-2 are broken, which includes the Monkey Trap.
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/archives/MONITOR/ISSUE5-2/index.html

I'm not able to locate the Pakistan-Failed State via any link in Google either.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Ah, found the Monkey Trap:
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/archives/MONITOR/ISSUE5-2/khayyam.html
Note the additional /archives/ in the URL.

That is, the first post in STFUP has the broken link:
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/MONITOR/ISSUE5-2/khayyam.html

It should be
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/archives/MONITOR/ISSUE5-2/khayyam.html
Last edited by A_Gupta on 23 Jan 2016 10:02, edited 1 time in total.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Pakistan failed state is no longer on BR, but Shiv provided this link:
http://pakistanfailedstate.blogspot.in/

The first post in STFUP needs update.

PS: Shiv's post:
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewtopic.php?t=7020&p=1860323#p1860424
My ebook is now no longer available on BR but I will link and quote:......
member_29328
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_29328 »

Jhujar wrote:Paki are so cute, adorable and predictable. Paki too have Phoone number traced back to India.
Yep. Traced right back to Bangalore, Kerala.
Gautam
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Maybe Pak Army was behind Charasadda attack.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Strange spectacle of UK’s "The Economist" making nice to India :shock: and endorsing the Mohammadden Terrorist fomenting predilections of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Excerpts:
With more imagination than evidence, Pakistani conspiracy theorists saw India behind both acts of violence on their soil. {i.e.: Bacha Khan University and Army Public School Attacks}
Yet Pakistan offers no evidence of Indian involvement in attacks on its territory, whereas Indian officials have offered “actionable intelligence” linking JeM to the air-base attack
From here:

Terrorism in Pakistan : Shady war, shadow peace : Another attack brings out Pakistan’s conspiracy theorists
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Michael Kugelman, Senior Associate for South Asia the Indian Sub-Continent at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars in Washington DC, USA writing for CNN says “Pakistan offers a highly enabling environment for extremism”:

Why extremism still haunts Pakistan
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I think the IA and IAF should be on alert to respond to any terrorist strike in India. No more readiness excuses. IN should move to western seas.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

A_Gupta wrote: The first post in STFUP needs update.
A_Gupta, thanks. I have now updated the three links in the first post.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Pakistan trashed over bogus claims of Indian terrorism - Chidanand Rajghatta, ToI
A concerted chorus in Pakistan orchestrated by its jihadi-military establishment that India is behind its homegrown terrorist attacks is being trashed in the western media, with reputed commentators instead calling out Islamabad for its own record of nurturing terrorist groups.

The Pakistani allegations reached a crescendo this week following the attack on Bacha Khan University in Charsadda that claimed 21 lives, mostly of students. Although credit for the attack was claimed by the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), Pakistan's military establishment, using prominent journalists and anchors as frontmen, alluded to the "Indian hand" behind the attack, as it did following the assault on the Army Public School in Peshawar last year when some 140 children were massacred by the TTP.

The charges have invited ridicule in the western media that is now all too familiar with Pakistan's dalliance with terrorist groups, which only successive US administrations have winked at for tactical exigency such as access to Afghanistan.

"With more imagination than evidence, Pakistani conspiracy theorists saw India behind both acts of violence on their soil," the Economist noted tartly on Friday, adding that "Pakistan offers no evidence of Indian involvement in attacks on its territory, whereas Indian officials have offered 'actionable intelligence' linking JeM to the air-base attack, and invited Pakistan to send its own investigators."

The Pakistani chorus is led by establishment dupes like Ansar Abbasi, Shahid Masood, Javed Chaudhury - all prominent anchors and talking heads - who typically gloss over Pakistan's long and well-chronicled backing of terrorism while spinning conspiracy yarns about a US-India-Israel alliance out to destroy Pakistan.

More recently, they have seized on purportedly aggressive comments by NSA Ajit Doval and defence minister Manohar Parrikar promising a payback, as evidence of the Indian hand. "Are these attacks the 'pain' that Indian defence minister had threatnd Pak with?" tweeted Syed Talat Hussain, another anchor who is part of Pakistan's conspiracy brigade, referring to Parrikar's remarks that Pakistan would understand pain of terrorist attacks only when it experienced it.

While the US administration has been circumspect in not publicly embarrassing a notional ally whose help it needs in Afghanistan despite its backing of terrorist groups, American journalists and commentators who have covered the region extensively are calling Pakistan's bluff. In a devastating critique in the New Yorker last week, Dexter Filkins, who covered Pakistan for the NYT for several years, began a story like this:

"Imagine a country that is embroiled in a long and bloody conflict with its neighbor, and each time its democratically elected Prime Minister tries to reach out and make peace, his own army launches an attack to make sure the peace doesn't take hold. You might think you were trapped inside a dystopian movie. Unless, of course, you've been to Pakistan, where this happens all the time."

"For decades, the Pakistani military has backed insurgent groups whose express aim is to cross into India and fight. The ostensible aim of these militant groups, and of the I.S.I., is to bleed India into ceding control over Kashmir. This has never been more than a fantasy, but it keeps Pakistan focussed on something other than its intractable domestic problems, and it justifies the military's bloated budgets," Filkins wrote, noting "that the I.S.I. plays godfather to groups like Jaish-e-Mohammed, which appears to have carried out the Pathankot attack, and Lashkar-e-Toiba, which launched the operation in Mumbai—is beyond doubt."

Only a few liberal Pakistani commentators have had the courage to call out the country's terrorism-backing military, and even they are being pressured into silence. "Most of Pakistan's terrorism problems have roots in our past policy of promoting militant groups like JeM to fight proxy wars. It is now time to undo that historical wrong. One hopes the tipping point has finally arrived." wrote Dawn columnist Zahid Hussain earlier this week.

"Such tipping points remained illusory in the past. Surely, it will not be so easy to wrap up the witches' brew of militants that this country has been turned into," he noted bleakly.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

arun wrote:Dexter Filkins in the New Yorker in an article titled “The Pakistani Dystopia”.

Implicates the Uniformed Jihadi’s of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s Punjabi dominated Military via their Intelligence arm the Inter Services Intelligence Directorate aka ISID aka ISI of involvement in acts of terrorism targeting India.

Characterises the detention of Terrorist Masood Azhar as a “Farce”.

Excerpts:
Imagine a country that is embroiled in a long and bloody conflict with its neighbor, and each time its democratically elected Prime Minister tries to reach out and make peace, his own army launches an attack to make sure the peace doesn’t take hold. You might think you were trapped inside a dystopian movie. Unless, of course, you’ve been to Pakistan, where this happens all the time.
This week, Pakistani officials said they had detained Masood Azhar, the leader of Jaish-e-Mohammed, a militant group, for his alleged role in overseeing the attack on an Indian airbase in the city of Pathankot earlier this month. ……………………………….

Azhar’s detention is almost certainly a farce, staged to placate foreign leaders. If the past is any guide, Azhar, who has been detained many times before, will soon be free and able to carry out more attacks. This is the way it has worked in Pakistan for years.
I’m not the first person to notice that Pakistani militants regularly try to sabotage peaceful relations between their country and India. Aparna Pande, at the Hudson Institute, has put together a chronology of these attacks.

But the important point is who backs, trains, tolerates and supports those militants: the Pakistani military and, most particularly, its spy service, known as the Inter-Services Intelligence, or the I.S.I.

For decades, the Pakistani military has backed insurgent groups whose express aim is to cross into India and fight. (The I.S.I. has also done this in Afghanistan, helping to create and sustain the Taliban.) The ostensible aim of these militant groups, and of the I.S.I., is to bleed India into ceding control over Kashmir. This has never been more than a fantasy, but it keeps the country of Pakistan focussed on something other than its intractable domestic problems, and it justifies the military’s bloated budgets.

That the I.S.I. plays godfather to groups like Jaish-e-Mohammed, which appears to have carried out the Pathankot attack, and Lashkar-e-Toiba, which launched the operation in Mumbai—the assault on the Indian Parliament appears to have been a joint operation of the two—is beyond doubt.
Read it all:

The Pakistani Dystopia
One more salvo by Dexter Filkins again writing in the New Yorker in an article titled “Pakistan’s Monster”.

Pins the responsibility for the Mohammadden Terrorist violence prevalent in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan squarely on the epaulettes of the Uniformed Jihadi’s of the Punjabi dominated Military of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and their Intelligence arm the Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate aka ISID aka ISI.

With mention of Frankenstein’s Monster, the Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s claim of being a victim of Mohammadden Terrorism is not generating sympathy but instead a reminder that this is a self-inflicted wound caused by the Islamic Republic being “too clever by half”:
The tale of Frankenstein is the proper lens through which to view the attack by Taliban gunmen this week on a school in Pakistan. The assault, at Bacha Khan University in the city of Charsadda, killed at least twenty-two people and wounded at least nineteen. In this case, Victor Frankenstein, the scientist, resembles the generals of the Pakistani military, whose Creature is the out-of-control Pakistani Taliban.
For years—indeed, even today—the Pakistani generals imagined they could have it both ways: that they could support the Afghan Taliban while ignoring the Taliban inside Pakistan. The Pakistani military often aided the C.I.A.’s drone campaign in Pakistan, but, while the Americans wanted to go after both groups of Taliban, the Pakistanis typically only helped them with the Pakistani cells. The Pakistani generals were playing a double game inside a double game: they took the Americans’ billions and supported the Taliban fighters who were killing the Americans, and they secretly helped the Americans kill Pakistani Taliban in the C.I.A.’S drone war, letting the Pakistani civilian leaders take the heat.

Not surprisingly, the double-double game was too clever by half. As the Afghan Taliban flourished, the Pakistani Taliban, occupying the same safe havens in the tribal areas, spun out of Pakistan’s control.
From the New Yorker at the below link:

Pakistan’s Monster