Social Problems in Panjab and their Strategic Impact

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ManSingh
BRFite -Trainee

Re: Social Problems in Panjab and their Strategic Impact

Postby ManSingh » 08 Jan 2016 08:36

another news report..A bit loud in tone but very accurate

SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Postby SBajwa » 11 Jan 2016 19:07

http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/punjab ... 82054.html

The removal of liquor vends from national highways following the High Court orders in the state has stirred up a hornet's nest as vends removed from NH are now being set up illegally near residential areas and educational institutions in violation of the excise policy.

Earlier, the Punjab and Haryana High Court had ordered removal of all liquor vends from the national highways on a petition moved by Harman Singh Sidhu, President of Chandigarh-based NGO ArriveSAFE.

Sidhu said he too had been receiving numerous phone calls, e-mails and letters from people all over the state over vends near residential areas.

"Besides Kurali, Amritsar and Jalandhar, I got maximum calls from Malwa district in this regard. There are numerous places where the Excise Department has allowed shifting of vend which are quite close to educational institutes, hospitals and residential places," Sidhu said. Students of Girls' College in Bathinda too were up in arms against a liquor vend close to their college, which was removed after college authorities held several protests. Sidhu said: "It appears that the government is hell-bent on minting money from the sale of liquor vends."

"The only purpose of getting vends removed from the NH is to reduce drunken driving and consequent fatal and serious road mishaps," he added. Anurag Verma, Excise and Taxation Commisioner (ETC), Punjab, said he was aware of such problems and had assigned the task of looking into these complaints to excise officials concerned.

Bathinda MLA and Chief Parliamentary Secretary (Excise and Taxation) Sarup Chand Singla has also admitted to receiving such complaints. He,said:"This is a state policy and I have little role to play, but even then I will ask top officials to remove illegal vends."

ManSingh
BRFite -Trainee

Postby ManSingh » 01 May 2016 06:30

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/ludhiana/Heroin-now-runs-in-the-family-in-Punjab/articleshow/52048443.cms

Just another normal report. As usual, nothing really changed on the ground despite the noise after the recent cross border attacks.

ManSingh
BRFite -Trainee

Postby ManSingh » 02 May 2016 01:55

Slowly but surely...Punjab's march towards Mexico continues.

The actual event...
http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/nation/fazilka-gangster-turned-politician-shot-dead/230284.html

The environment:
http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/punjab/with-links-traced-to-politicians-cops-who-will-rein-in-gangsters/230712.html

and the shocker...
http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/punjab/credit-war-over-rocky-s-killing/230710.html

From the above link:
Similarly, other activists of the same group Vicky Gounder Sarawan Bodla, who is lodged in Nabha jail, had yesterday uploaded a photo of Rocky with the caption: “Ajj apne veer Shere Khuban da badla pura ho gya.....aah bnata MLA......nale ik gal hor SSP Bathinda Swapan Sharma CIA Bathinda ch mnu kehnda c mitti vich late par mein Rocky de yaar Swapan Sharma nu keha c k mein dsu jdo Rocky nu mitti ch lataya ....Aah hunda asli latena SSP Swapan Sharma.”

which basically translates to a gangster lodged in jail claiming credit for a gang shootout and is openly threatening SSP CIA on facebook.

ManSingh
BRFite -Trainee

Postby ManSingh » 06 May 2016 06:46

Maybe it's getting a bit boring ( apologize for that ) but here is further on Punjab's march to mexico. All below are in a single day:

1. http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/punjab/crime/gangsters-fire-at-rivals-kill-1/232259.html

gang shootout in a busy market. gangsters were on multiple bikes. Head of one gang was shot in front of a police station and killers escaped in a red beacon car.

2. http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/punjab/community/kidnapped-patiala-schoolgirl-freed-in-6-hrs/232194.html

school going girl kidnapped. Father paid a ransom of 50 lakhs and got her freed. Police did not intervene. Reason being in a similar case last week a 14 year old child ended up dead.

3. For a small state, here is what the crime scene looks like:
http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/punjab/70-active-gangs-over-500-gangsters-and-counting/232197.html
From above:
For the past few years, especially after the advent of the IPL T20 cricket, the bookies were using gangsters to collect payments. The money involved is huge.

4. Sample case. This is the best link of all. Guaranteed entertainment:
http://www.hindustantimes.com/punjab/wanted-for-gangster-jaswinder-rocky-s-murder-meet-jaipal-man-of-the-moment-in-the-underworld-of-punjab-northern-india/story-AuGpZwuzuIsy7lqYgUiZFP.html

To experienced BRF folks, the above may seem run of the mill and just like any other state.
But it is not. This is the beginning of a new problem in Punjab and if not nipped in the bud would grow huge and affect much of north west India in the next few years. I have read somewhere ( can't recall ) that links are tied to a UP don, the guy who fought against Narendra Modi in varanasi.

ramana
Forum Moderator

Postby ramana » 01 Sep 2017 00:28

sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Postby sanjaykumar » 01 Sep 2017 01:09

Christian brain washing activity can't surely be successful against Sikhs in general. Or does he mean Mazhabis?

I once asked a Sikh doctor to spread the facts of alcohol and drug abuse among his community as he was ideally placed to do so.
His reply was "they don't heed the Gurus, do you think they will listen to me?"

ramana
Forum Moderator

Postby ramana » 01 Sep 2017 01:17

Everyone washes their hands off.

Anyway after Congress won the state and AP got defeated, looks like the drug menace propaganda is slowing down.,

Haresh
BRFite

Postby Haresh » 01 Sep 2017 16:13

sanjaykumar wrote:Christian brain washing activity can't surely be successful against Sikhs in general. Or does he mean Mazhabis?I once asked a Sikh doctor to spread the facts of alcohol and drug abuse among his community as he was ideally placed to do so.His reply was "they don't heed the Gurus, do you think they will listen to me?"

I have a cousin, her and her husband have just converted to xtianity in London.
They are at best semi literate. husband has been here 40 yrs, no English. same with my cousin, been here since 1982, no English.

The missionaries prey on these people like vultures.
To be honest I don't think the Punjabi's know how to handle them, they just do not know how to react.
If you live in a village with no hope and some person offers you some sort of salvation, spiritual or promises of food, work, immigration or maybe just listens to your woes, then how are you going to compete?????

Maybe I am uninformed, but I do not believe the dharmic religions have a tradition of pastoral care. Correct me if I am wrong.

The comment "they don't heed the Gurus, do you think they will listen to me?"
This is just appalling.

Those who have some sort of authority need to do what they can.

If anyone is interested I can make enquiries here and find brochures on how families can support drug addicts, they will be in English and will need someone to translate them into Punjabi/Hindi.

My cousins enquire if I can help them immigrate or find jobs, or if I can use some sort of imaginary influence. I can't help them like that.

They way I can help them is to turn my fathers house into a skill learning co operative. If any one has any info on handicraft training organisations that can help please provide details.

People need to be provided with hope and work, or you will have a tidal wave of xtianity as well as the drugs to deal with.

sunnyP
BRFite

Postby sunnyP » 02 Sep 2017 05:09

ramana wrote:Pubjab Sikhism, Drugs Culture and Civilization

An NRI's anguish.....

A depressing, albeit interesting, read.

ramana
Forum Moderator

Postby ramana » 07 Jun 2019 00:55

Important thread...

X-Post...
SBajwa wrote:
Vikas wrote:Why Sikhs should carry the burden of establishing 'Khalsa empire'. It should be project for whole of Bharat and the right person to lead this charge is already on the job.
Punjab division looks so artificial. If you ever are on a Intl flight crossing over from Pakjab to Indian Punjab, you would be hard pressed to find any natural boundary lines. If we don't get back land upto Sindhu back in India in next few decades, It will be lost forever like Afghan and Burma.

Try ever traveling Amritar to Lahore, Ferozepur to Kasur, Gurdaspur to Sialkote. Not only it is totally flat it slopes down towards "Lahinda Punjab" aka "Where Sun sets down" as oppose to "Chardha Punjab" " where sun rises" . Except for the barbed wire on International border.

Sbajwa Ji: What is the %age of Jutt Sikh in Pnnjab as a ratio of total Sikh population and why Non-Jutt Sikh haven't risen up to demand their share in the pie of religious affairs yet especially knowing that access to real power is one of the major aspirational goal of most of the communities in India. Is this another of the fault lines that some BIF can easily exploit at the right time ?

Jat Sikhs are 40-50% of the Sikh population in Punjab and control agriculture, industry, transportation, police, Sikhism and politics.

The non-Jutt Sikhs are mostly outside of Punjab and in control of historical Gurudaras in Delhi (Delhi Gurdwara Prabhandak committee), Nanded and Patna Gurudwaras. non-historical Gururdwaras all over rest of india are also controlled by non-Jutts.

Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Postby Rudradev » 07 Jun 2019 03:11

Drug smugglers and dealers in Punjab are going to have to be confronted with a Rodrigo Duterte approach. Expecting, of course, that the Trudeau-Khalistanis, the California-Khalistanis, the Southall-Khalistanis et al will start up the same kind of hue-and-cry that the globalists have recently been perpetuating against Duterte.

Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”