Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2016

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
CRamS
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6811
Joined: 07 Oct 2006 20:54
Contact:

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby CRamS » 12 Apr 2016 02:02

RudraJi, I haven't read blood telegram except some excerpts, and regarding 1971, I will only say this much. To the best of my knowledge, even at that time, Nixon/Kissinger wanted to protect west Pak at any cost. Point being that policy remains immutable to date> US IMO will not support any weakening of TSPA if it results in the disintegration of TSP (aka west Pak). But I do take it from you that there is value in working with our allies in US to the extent it help. And I will admit that indeed US has helped India, for e.g., Kargil.


A_Gupta wrote:
Another brilliant post. There is some value to reading CRamS if it results in posts like this.


Thx very much saar for the uncalled for condescension, and I don't fight with you. You and other unmentionable seniors have contempt for whatever I say, perhaps I tell it like it is without any pedantic garbage. Usually I respect your brains, but I've decided I don't need any certificate from you, especially after your crap that ModiJi and Indian govt have nothing to do with resuming kirket with TSP (remember all the hot air you doled out, very "valuable" I must say) :-).

sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4473
Joined: 16 Oct 2005 05:51

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby sanjaykumar » 12 Apr 2016 02:06

Is this the same MMS who got india's nose in the NPT tent? Who got a great nuclear trade deal with the US-practically a licence to make bombs. The same who had his wife launch the INS Arihant - an event that will go down in Hindu history?

Rudradev
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3524
Joined: 06 Apr 2003 12:31

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby Rudradev » 12 Apr 2016 03:08

sanjaykumar wrote:Is this the same MMS who got india's nose in the NPT tent? Who got a great nuclear trade deal with the US-practically a licence to make bombs. The same who had his wife launch the INS Arihant - an event that will go down in Hindu history?

1. It was Vajpayee who blew a hole in the NPT tent. Who was going to stop us walking in after that? Note that the NSG OTOH remains a perpetually-dangling carrot (though I'm sure MMS would like to claim credit for that, if and when it happens) .

2. License to make bombs, but not to test them (the REAL need of the hour) apparently!

3. The original lease of an SSN (INS Chakra, IIRC)and subsequent development program was negotiated with Russia during the Vajpayee administration.

I will give (sincere) props to Smt Gursharan Kaur ji, btw. A very nice lady, no airs or dilli billi hangups, extremely down-to-earth person who would remind you of your childhood Punjabi friend's mom/auntie/naani.

CRamS
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6811
Joined: 07 Oct 2006 20:54
Contact:

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby CRamS » 12 Apr 2016 03:11

sanjaykumar wrote:Is this the same MMS who got india's nose in the NPT tent? Who got a great nuclear trade deal with the US-practically a licence to make bombs. The same who had his wife launch the INS Arihant - an event that will go down in Hindu history?


No bean counting please. We are talking about MMS's TSP policy. Please read RudraJi's analysis of MMS a few posts above.

MurthyB
BRFite
Posts: 704
Joined: 18 Oct 2002 11:31
Location: "Visa Officer", Indian Consulate #13,451, Khost Province, Afghanistan

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby MurthyB » 12 Apr 2016 03:48

Jo Lahore mein, woh Glasgow mein bhi..

Shunned for saying they're Muslims: life for Ahmadis after Asad Shah's murder

The man now charged with Shah’s murder is also a Muslim. On Thursday, Tanveer Ahmed, from Bradford, released a statement through his lawyer, justifying the killing because Shah had “disrespected” Islam.


Hasan has dealt with the relentless persecution of Ahmadi in Pakistan throughout his working life, including the massacre of approximately 100 people by the Taliban in Lahore in 2010. Since 1974, the Ahmadi population in Pakistan has fallen from several million to 400,000 :eek: . “Even five years ago I remember saying [to authorities in Britain], ‘You have to do something about this.’


The Ahmadi, historically better educated and wealthier than their peers, were instrumental in the return of Mohammad Jinnah {Hmm, didn't know that they play a role in this messiah's return as well} (leader of the All-India Muslim League until Pakistan’s creation in 1947, and then the country’s first governor-general) to India in the late 30s, and their influence in the emerging state was treated with increasing suspicion by other religious leaders.

Shreeman
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3762
Joined: 17 Jan 2007 15:31
Location: bositiveneuj.blogspot.com
Contact:

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby Shreeman » 12 Apr 2016 03:48

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/world/hand- ... 28421.html -- is this a thing thats already here?


Falijee
BRF Oldie
Posts: 10948
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby Falijee » 12 Apr 2016 05:06

Blowback From Zarb-e-Azb Operations In FATA? - Three Pakistani spy agency officials shot dead

AWALPINDI (Online) – In two separate incidents of same natures, three officials of a spy agency of Pakistan were gunned down in Rawalpindi and Lakki Marwat on Monday.
Aziz Shah, 48, was returning from his office when unknown motorcyclists opened fire on him Near Asghar Mall College, Rawalpindi. He dies on the spot.
Pakistani forces arrest Indian Naval officer spying inside Balochistan
The body was shifted to the District Headquarters Hospital for medico-legal formalities. The Banni Police have registered a case further investigations were underway.
Meanwhile, unknown armed men killed two officials of spy agency in Sarai Naurang area of Lakki Marwat.
The slain officials, identified as Tariq Khan and Mishal Khan, were attacked by three masked armed men in a car while they were returning from office.
The assailants fled the scene. The bodies were shifted to District Headquarters Hospital before handing over to their heirs.

So, the "miscreants" are bringing the "undeclared civil war" to Pakjab- the heartland of Pakiland !

shiv
BRF Oldie
Posts: 34982
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Pindliyon ka Gooda

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby shiv » 12 Apr 2016 05:15

Rudradev wrote:And another thing. People here want "visible" action. I was not alive at the time of the '71 war but I know some forum-ites certainly were. I would like to ask them for their recollections: at the time we were arming, training and deploying the Mukti Bahini, was this involvement widely trumpeted in the Indian news media? Did the GOI go around shouting from the rooftops about how it was giving Pakistan all these highly effective jhaapads, and protecting India's "H&D" by doing so,? I seriously doubt it, myself, but I would sincerely like to know.

Though in school I was old enough and aware enough to follow the entire sequence of events from the March 25 1971 Dhaka University massacre to the December war. In fact my ISC examination took place during the war with blackouts and all.

We had no inkling about the extent of involvement with the Mukti Bahini. I did not find out the details until the last few years (2010-2014) when I read "The Blood Telegram" and Jagan's B'Desh Air war book about India's involvement with the Mukti Bahini. The first and only inkling I had for many decades was a photo I saw in 1972 (I still have it) of the Mukti Bahini with one of them carrying an Ishapore 7.62 mm semi automatic rifle which I knew was standard Indian army issue. Little did I know that we had even created a small but morale boosting air force for the Mukti Bahini.

The Pakis are shit scared that we will do that to them now in Paktunistan or Baluchistan. But there is a lesson here about how the accurate writing of history is important. Pakistanis have never admitted the role of their army in rape and genocide in Bangladesh but have widely publicized Indian involvement with the Mukti Bahini.

India too has done nothing to publicize the massacre and the fact that 75% of refugees and a similar percentage of murders by the Pakistani army in Bangladesh was of Hindus - a fact that has appeared in the Blood telegram from official documents. When you hide the nature of Pakistani hatred for India from the Indian public we get hyper pseudosecularism that reads the Pakistani version of history, does not know about genocide but knows only about Hindu perfidy.
Last edited by shiv on 12 Apr 2016 05:27, edited 1 time in total.

CRamS
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6811
Joined: 07 Oct 2006 20:54
Contact:

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby CRamS » 12 Apr 2016 05:27

Latest from Fair didi, wow, she lays it on TSP and for sure riles them up.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/new-way-engaging-pakistan

sum
BRF Oldie
Posts: 10055
Joined: 08 May 2007 17:04
Location: (IT-vity && DRDO) nagar

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby sum » 12 Apr 2016 05:27

Falijee wrote:Blowback From Zarb-e-Azb Operations In FATA? - Three Pakistani spy agency officials shot dead

AWALPINDI (Online) – In two separate incidents of same natures, three officials of a spy agency of Pakistan were gunned down in Rawalpindi and Lakki Marwat on Monday.
Aziz Shah, 48, was returning from his office when unknown motorcyclists opened fire on him Near Asghar Mall College, Rawalpindi. He dies on the spot.

The slain officials, identified as Tariq Khan and Mishal Khan, were attacked by three masked armed men in a car while they were returning from office.
The assailants fled the scene. The bodies were shifted to District Headquarters Hospital before handing over to their heirs.


Wonder which desk these guys were in charge of at "a spy agency"? That too posted at HQ, Rawalpindi
:twisted:

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14045
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby UlanBatori » 12 Apr 2016 05:40

I learned about the events in Dhaka such as the mass rape-murders in the university dormitories, from BLITZ (Free-Frank-Fearless-First and a nice pic of a nekkid actress usually on the back page).

No, the fact that most of the victims and refugees were Hindus, was ***NOT*** discernible from any of the Indian media, not even BLITZ. (BLITZ was run by commies, a nephew of my Dad was a top person there which is why my Dad subscribed to it, and I was strictly forbidden from reading it :mrgreen: ).

The feats of the Mukti Bahini were reported as if were happening in a distant country. The GOI's efforts to request help for the refugees, and Mrs. IG's strenuous trip, giving lectures at many universities all over the US, UK and Oirope to try to get the *&^%$(*&s to act in the UN, were publicized in the newspapers (Indian Express was what we used to get). I think desi language papers also reported, but nothing different.

But someone reading the papers carefully, could probably hope/figure out that the IA/BSF were at least being sympathetic to the Mukti Bahini. Whether there were Indian advisors accompanying them on raids was something to wonder about / hope for. As far as the papers reported, I think we could be happy that all the weapons of the MB were captured from the Pakis.

And then the 'JKLF' hijacked an IA plane to Karachi and burned it down. Mrs. G in a flash, banned overflights by Paki planes across India, so their supply route went through Sri Lanka or China. Fuel supplies in East Pak dwindled, it became harder for them to keep their planes flying.


There was a report that Indian MiG-21s had buzzed Dhaka. Paki Sabres had challenged them, at which point, to quote the newspaper,
The Indians just put on afterburners and flew away, confident that the Pakistanis would run out of fuel sooner or later


The MiGs could reach Mach 2, the Sabres were subsonic/transonic.

All the time, for many months, the Indian papers were full of the threats of all-out war being declared by this Paki or that Paki in West Pakistan. So it was no surprise that the Pakis eventually DID launch a completely 400% unprovoked invasion and air raid. :((

The first indication of war was the 3 Paki Sabre jets being pest-e-sha'eed, when the Indian planes decided to call their bluff. Of course because they violated Indian airspace. I remember wondering that day whether shooting 3 planes didn't mean that the Paki H&D would be trashed and they wouldn't launch a big attack....

And then Dec. 3, the Pakis tried pre-emptive attack on Indian airbases, and when they returned to their bases, there weren't any because the Indian bombers had already vijited.... And the GHAZNI (or was it GHAURI?) was shark-bait.

But India help and arm the Mukti Bahini? :eek: :shock: WHIYAR did joo hiyar such nonsense, hain? :roll:
Last edited by UlanBatori on 12 Apr 2016 06:14, edited 1 time in total.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 54542
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby ramana » 12 Apr 2016 06:07

CRamS wrote:Latest from Fair didi, wow, she lays it on TSP and for sure riles them up.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/new-way-engaging-pakistan



Good article and should be publicized in this election year.

JE Menon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 7043
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby JE Menon » 12 Apr 2016 06:39

^^^in the comments to that article, there is one by Arsalan Rai. It is wholly reflective of the jihadi military mindset. I'll be surprised if he is not connected to the military through relatives. In any event this fellow needs to be put on a higher level watchlist. I hope Canadian intelligence is alive to the existence of this dude on their homeland territory.

shiv
BRF Oldie
Posts: 34982
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Pindliyon ka Gooda

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby shiv » 12 Apr 2016 07:40

JE Menon wrote:^^^in the comments to that article, there is one by Arsalan Rai. It is wholly reflective of the jihadi military mindset. I'll be surprised if he is not connected to the military through relatives. In any event this fellow needs to be put on a higher level watchlist. I hope Canadian intelligence is alive to the existence of this dude on their homeland territory.

I think CFair knows that she is being tailed by ISI. The best thing to do is to draw attention to this guy's comments via a pvt message on twitter. She has blocked me so I can't do it.

deejay
Forum Moderator
Posts: 3982
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby deejay » 12 Apr 2016 08:20

Rudradev wrote:...
...
THAT was the MMS government's Pakistan policy. To work with Pakistan for the total subjugation of any kind of Hindu political assertiveness, using the justification that it was equal-equal to Islamic terrorism. Once that argument had been swallowed, it would have been on to withdrawing from Sir Creek/Siachen, "joint sovereignty" in J&K, etc. etc.

Please keep this in mind when you say Modi is “no different” just because he isn’t giving you a nice, loud, made-for-TV response to Pathankot.


Two very good posts. Thanks for your perspective.

Prem
BRF Oldie
Posts: 21161
Joined: 01 Jul 1999 11:31
Location: Weighing and Waiting 8T Yconomy

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby Prem » 12 Apr 2016 08:28

Last edited by SSridhar on 12 Apr 2016 12:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: What is this video about? Please insert a line of description always. Thanks.

shiv
BRF Oldie
Posts: 34982
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Pindliyon ka Gooda

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby shiv » 12 Apr 2016 08:41

Rudradev wrote: a highly motivated and strongly resourced campaign was in full swing to CRIMINALIZE politically assertive Hindus. Using exactly the same tools… atrocity literature, heavily propagandized distortions, and outright lies… that the British used to criminalize various tribes whom they went on to subjugate, massacre, and dispossess. It began with the extremely sophisticated campaign to blame the victims at Godhra/Ahmedabad, carried on through the years of SIMI terrorism misguided activities of miscreant youth, continued up to the Batla House encounter, and on past 26/11 itself. In some instances, it is only through the fortuitous interventions of our Gods themselves that these plans did not succeed.

If all had gone according to the plans that the Sonia Gandhi regime was pursuing in concert with Pakistani interests: the RSS, BJP, VHP, and all other assertively Hindu political organizations would have been ultimately designated as terrorist groups and subject to all kinds of legal, social and economic sanctions... up to and including outright bans... both within and outside the country. As for people like you and me, it's anybody's guess whether we would have been able to freely and safely post on forums like this.

THAT was the MMS government's Pakistan policy. To work with Pakistan for the total subjugation of any kind of Hindu political assertiveness, using the justification that it was equal-equal to Islamic terrorism. Once that argument had been swallowed, it would have been on to withdrawing from Sir Creek/Siachen, "joint sovereignty" in J&K, etc. etc.


What can be done to make this quote available for reference again and again say in a few weeks or months from now?

Maybe I can add "*******" to this post and then do a search for that later?

The following sentence is so well worded that it cannot be bettered. Maybe I can post on Twitter? Will try
atrocity literature, heavily propagandized distortions, and outright lies… that the British used to criminalize various tribes whom they went on to subjugate, massacre, and dispossess

SSridhar
Forum Moderator
Posts: 24007
Joined: 05 May 2001 11:31
Location: Chennai

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby SSridhar » 12 Apr 2016 10:33

ramana wrote:
CRamS wrote:Latest from Fair didi, wow, she lays it on TSP and for sure riles them up.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/new-way-engaging-pakistan



Good article and should be publicized in this election year.

No doubt it is. No American can lay into Pakistan like Ms C.Fair.

I thought that in the election campaigns leading up to his first term, Barack Obama appeared to be the sanest in understanding the Pakistani duplicity and programme. Certainly, no American Presidential contender had spoken as harshly as Obama about Pakistan. And yet, the fact that Ms. C.Fair has to write such an article at the fag end of the second term of the same Obama, tells us something, doesn't it?

Gus
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8216
Joined: 07 May 2005 02:30

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby Gus » 12 Apr 2016 11:00

"the United States rewards Pakistan for the very behaviors it seeks to curb and the behaviors it perpetrates are self-rewarding. Pakistan faces no incentive to behave differently."

well worded.

Gus
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8216
Joined: 07 May 2005 02:30

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby Gus » 12 Apr 2016 11:05

ramana wrote:
CRamS wrote:Latest from Fair didi, wow, she lays it on TSP and for sure riles them up.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/new-way-engaging-pakistan



Good article and should be publicized in this election year.


tweet it to trump

this has good potential for his rants against insiders and career politicos and dc fellows. no major politician has bashed pakis ever.

fertile territory for trump to paint his opponents as protecting paki perfidy at the cost of american blood and treasure...and he would be right this time.

Peregrine
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8441
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2016

Postby Peregrine » 12 Apr 2016 14:27

World Bank asks Pakistan to build consensus on CPEC projects
KARACHI: The World Bank has asked Pakistan’s government to build consensus among all the stakeholders to ensure that $46-billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) projects deliver on its potential.

“CPEC, if completed, could be a game changer for Pakistan, but is currently mired in political economy risks,” the World Bank said in its report, titled, ‘South Asia Economic Focus (Spring 2016), Fading Tailwinds’.

“Furrthermore, a prolonged slowdown in China could diminish financial inflows under these projects,” it said.
“Growth is projected to accelerate modestly from 4.5 percent in 2016 to 4.8 percent in 2017, supported by growing industry and services and greater investment as well as buoyed by low oil prices and substantial remittances,” it said.
It said India will continue to lead the regional economies. Global growth dropped to 2.4 percent last year from 2.6 percent in the preceding year.
Cheers Image

Peregrine
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8441
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby Peregrine » 12 Apr 2016 14:43

Link between Paris and Mumbai attacks under probe

VIENNA: Austrian prosecutors said on Monday they were probing a possible link between a Pakistani held in Salzburg in connection with last November’s terrorist assaults in Paris and the 2008 attacks in Mumbai.

“Leads pointing to this are being looked into,” prosecutors in Salzburg said. Identity of the Pakistani suspect, who has been in custody since December in the western Austrian city, has not been confirmed.

“Wide-ranging investigations on this question, among others, are ongoing, although the public prosecutors’ office has been waiting for information on this from Pakistan since December 2015,” prosecutors said in a statement.

A source in Paris and the Sunday Times said that the man is thought to be a bomb maker for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ) organisations.

India holds LeT responsible for the 2008 Mumbai assault that killed 166 people.

LeJ is blamed for a string of high-profile attacks in recent years.

The 34-year-old was arrested in Austria in December along with an Algerian.

French investigators suspect that the militant Islamic State (IS) group, which claimed responsibility for the Paris bombings as well as attacks in Brussels on March 22, sent both men to Europe to carry out attacks.

Austrian authorities said in February that they were believed to have been in the same boat bringing around 200 migrants to Greece as two men involved in the Paris atrocities.

While those involved in the attacks were able to travel onwards, the pair were held up by Greek authorities for 25 days because they were carrying fake Syrian passports.

They then arrived in Salzburg at the end of November — after the Paris killings — and Austrian police arrested them at a centre for migrants on Dec 10.

A senior security official in Pakistan said he had no information.

“We are completely in the dark about such a person... who he is, his identity and his affiliations,”
the official said.
Cheers Image

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11638
Joined: 23 Oct 2001 11:31
Contact:

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby A_Gupta » 12 Apr 2016 16:07

^^^ Per the Sunday Times of London, this is Muhammad Usman Ghani.

SBajwa
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5372
Joined: 10 Jan 2006 21:35
Location: Attari

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby SBajwa » 12 Apr 2016 18:23

India defeats Bakistan 5-1 (Hockey) are not a single Baki news paper is reporting it!

shiv
BRF Oldie
Posts: 34982
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Pindliyon ka Gooda

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby shiv » 12 Apr 2016 18:48

SBajwa wrote:India defeats Bakistan 5-1 (Hockey) are not a single Baki news paper is reporting it!

Bajwaji, one of the reasons why we must not celebrate sporting victories over Pakistan is that it serves as a sort of cathartic where we Indians, overall feel we are "winning" because we win in sports. What we are doing is to gradually reduce terrorism to the level of a sport where we win most of the time in cricket and hockey, and once in a while Pakistan wins by killing a few Indians. The Indian media - especially the media that are supported by ICC or BCCI are guilty of treating cricket matches like wars. Indian media advertise matches as war simply because they make billions and don't give a flying fuk about terrorism. And a match won against Pakistan is treated as a war that has been won. In power shortage times like the height of summer in Karnataka, arrangements are made specially to take the load of tens of millions of TV sets when matches with Pakistan are happening. And you bet Dawood Ibraahim is also making money there. That makes Pakistan our "traditional rival" where we have all these sporting events of which terrorism is one. Our armed forces are sportsmen to get killed by their game once in a while. People in India still do not see what Pakistan actually means - to many they are only slightly different from Sri lanka - a "cricket rival" - and as long as this is true our chances of encouraging our leaders or armed forces to kick Paki butt is low. And our leaders too will be happy to sit back and allow a few deaths a month. And the Pakis know it and make every effort to appear "normal" except for monthly killing of Indians and stoking of anti-India anti Hindu tension in Kashmir.

I think there should be no celebration of Indian sporting victories over Pakistan because we really should not have any links with that country of mofos. And a sporting loss to that nation should not be seen as any worse than a sporting loss to WI or New Zealand. The action we need has no connection with sport. In fact sport should, I believe, be kept out of this thread except where it relates to terrorism or where Pakistan uses it to appear "normal" or send in terrorists as spectators.

SSridhar
Forum Moderator
Posts: 24007
Joined: 05 May 2001 11:31
Location: Chennai

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby SSridhar » 12 Apr 2016 19:02

shiv wrote:I think there should be no celebration of Indian sporting victories over Pakistan because we really should not have any links with that country of mofos. And a sporting loss to that nation should not be seen as any worse than a sporting loss to WI or New Zealand. The action we need has no connection with sport. In fact sport should, I believe, be kept out of this thread except where it relates to terrorism or where Pakistan uses it to appear "normal" or send in terrorists as spectators.

I completely agree with shiv.

CRamS
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6811
Joined: 07 Oct 2006 20:54
Contact:

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby CRamS » 12 Apr 2016 19:10

SBajwa wrote:India defeats Bakistan 5-1 (Hockey) are not a single Baki news paper is reporting it!


I wish we didn't play those chutiyas at all in the first place.

Have you seen the camaraderie, the closeness, the love fest that Indian anchors like Turdesai, Harsha Bhogle etc have when interacting with their TSP counterparts? I recall recently after several Indian army solidiers laid down their life in Kashmir, Turdesai was conducing a love fest interview with Shariya Khan, laughing and giggling and reminiscing great cricket encounters between India & TSP. Isn't that a disgusting spectacle?

During such time, it makes you wonder if TSP is indeed the enemy country it is. But it is, make no mistake. And it lends credence to this carp about but for "extremists on both sides", both India and TSP want p!ss. In other words, all of TSP'c crimes get buried under the rug. And for sure, slime-balls like Turdesai would want that as do TSP's 3.5.

Were it true (assuming there exists "extremists" on Indian slide like TSP's ISI/TSPA.pigLeT combine), perhaps this characterization would make sense. But TSP is perfectly happy with this dichotomy. On the one hand they want to pinch and kick us below the groin, and other, they put on this charm of pee-pee contact. This is brilliantly scripted ISI strategy.

Given Indian fault lines, TSP has had a good measure of success in this strategy, because once anybody opposes pee-pee on the Indian side, the debate, in collusion with scum like Turdesai and Thappr etc shifts from TSP's machinations to RSS and Hindu nationalists who rightfully oppose this artificial camaraderie. You get the drift.

So while I am happy to see India thrash TSP, like in the recent T20 WC, and blunt their TFTA ego, I'd rather not have any pee-pee contact with them until they become a normal country.

milano
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 75
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby milano » 12 Apr 2016 19:13

An analysis from Praveen Swami on recent events, as well as historical background, all leading to the conclusion that the latest attempt at changing the relationship is doomed and such attempts will always be doomed because it is in the Pak Army's interests to ensure the relationship never improves. We all know this. What I don't agree with is his other conclusion that India basically has no good options. If, as he says, Kargil gave India net gains, and the post-Parliament standoff nearly broke Pakistan, and the Pak Army believes India would never initiate military action, then Indian policy makers ideally should ideally be readying themselves for war to be triggered on a fairly low threshold in response to a fairly small terror event. Hope springs eternal, I suppose.

http://indianexpress.com/article/explained/india-pakistan-talks-abdul-basit-india-pak-peace-in-fact-how-the-generals-nixed-india-pak-peace-once-again/

SBajwa
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5372
Joined: 10 Jan 2006 21:35
Location: Attari

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby SBajwa » 12 Apr 2016 19:37

I wish we didn't play those chutiyas at all in the first place.


I agree with most of you but where ICC and World Hockey Federation dictates we have no issues.
Good thing that Bakis did not qualified for Olympics.

abhijitm
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3679
Joined: 08 Jun 2006 15:02
Contact:

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby abhijitm » 12 Apr 2016 19:51

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Policeman accidentally explodes grenade in Pakistan court
A policeman in Pakistan accidentally exploded a bomb in an anti-terrorism court after attempting to demonstrate a grenade detonator to the judge.

Constable Liaquat Ali was injured by the blast moments after he assured the judge that the piece of evidence had been disarmed.

Court assistant Shoaib Ahmed was also hurt by shrapnel wounds to his hand and head, while the judge fell off his chair, witnesses said. :rotfl:
Ali demonstrated the ease with which the pin could be removed from the detonator just after assuring the court that the device had been defused.

The explosion sparked panic in the rest of the building, where other anti-terrorism cases are held. “We thought the whole building was under attack from terrorists,” said Farhan Haider, a lawyer who had been in a courtroom next door. “Everyone was just rushing towards the exits.”

saip
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3803
Joined: 17 Jan 2003 12:31
Location: USA

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby saip » 12 Apr 2016 20:02

SBajwa wrote:India defeats Bakistan 5-1 (Hockey) are not a single Baki news paper is reporting it!

Two days back they reported that the white pakis thrashed India. Pakis will alwyas be pakis.

shiv
BRF Oldie
Posts: 34982
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Pindliyon ka Gooda

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby shiv » 12 Apr 2016 20:33


Pakis are so Chankian. They have now conclusively proved that the grenade can explode. However nobody was killed. This is evidence that grenades do not kill. I am sure the judge can figure that out..

milano
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 75
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby milano » 12 Apr 2016 21:01

This is a nice little piece by piece take down of the Pak Army's trying to paint Yadav as tangible proof of India actively destabilizing Pak. And this too from one Marvi Sirmed, a regular columnist at one of the pak daily rags. She concludes it was all done for domestic consumption. I find her writings to be generally reasonable and balanced (for a RAPE), although to prevent herself from getting killed by the ISI, she needs to say a few bad things about India. The vitriol directed at her by Pakistani patriots on Twitter and in the comments sections of her articles may indicate she's not on the side of the Army/ISI.

Me thinks, after pointing out all the supporting data for her conclusion, she had tongue firmly planted in cheek when she says: "Apologies for these unnecessary details, but one is not trying to prove the story wrong"

Enjoy.

http://nation.com.pk/columns/12-Apr-2016/spy-on-the-wall

KJo
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9802
Joined: 05 Oct 2010 02:54

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby KJo » 12 Apr 2016 21:18

Back in 2003, we used to play "bag the hag" every Tuesday with our favorite jilebi, Shireen Mazari.
Who are the current day heart-e-throbs? I remember there was a Marviji and a few others.

RCase
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2045
Joined: 02 Sep 2011 22:50
Location: Awaiting the sabbath of Fry djinns

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby RCase » 12 Apr 2016 21:29

shiv wrote:

Pakis are so Chankian. They have now conclusively proved that the grenade can explode. However nobody was killed. This is evidence that grenades do not kill. I am sure the judge can figure that out..

Cheeni grenade! Didn't even rip the hand holding it.
Must have been a vacuum bulb explosion.

Gus
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8216
Joined: 07 May 2005 02:30

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby Gus » 12 Apr 2016 21:30

whatever happened to R man? he was one of the few who managed to go mainstream from br...getting his pieces published and all

jrjr was here a few years ago and he too disappeared.

member_22733
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3788
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby member_22733 » 12 Apr 2016 21:35

RCase wrote:
shiv wrote:Pakis are so Chankian. They have now conclusively proved that the grenade can explode. However nobody was killed. This is evidence that grenades do not kill. I am sure the judge can figure that out..

Cheeni grenade! Didn't even rip the hand holding it.
Must have been a vacuum bulb explosion.


IMVVHO it was defused but the detonator did its job. If the grenade actually did go off instead of the detonator the injured ppl and the judge would be with their 72 now.


KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4172
Joined: 17 Aug 2005 13:06

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Postby KLNMurthy » 12 Apr 2016 22:02

A_Gupta wrote:
Rudradev wrote:And another thing. People here want "visible" action. I was not alive at the time of the '71 war but I know some forum-ites certainly were. I would like to ask them for their recollections: at the time we were arming, training and deploying the Mukti Bahini, was this involvement widely trumpeted in the Indian news media? Did the GOI go around shouting from the rooftops about how it was giving Pakistan all these highly effective jhaapads, and protecting India's "H&D" by doing so,? I seriously doubt it, myself, but I would sincerely like to know.


a. Brilliant post.

b. I was very young at the time of the '71 war; but Indian involvement was very muted, as I remember. The main Indian theme was supporting the 10 million refugees who had fled into India; and every postal mail (remember that?) had an extra refugees stamp.

http://www.rhcourtney-collector.com/refugeerelief.html


+1

I was a tenth-grader, old enough to track the newspapers, I remember photos of Indira Gandhi standing next to Nixon, dressed in a sort of fur-collared overcoat thing covering her saree (I thought it looked weird, since I had only seen her in a saree before) looking small but stern.

Newspapers post- the March carnage (which was covered extensively) had accounts of Mukti Bahini's exploits. We learned names like Tajuddin Ahmed, Major Zia, Kazi Nazrul Islam, Maulana Bashani (he had a huge white beard IIRC) and of course Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. I recall feeling disturbed when a Muslim classmate mocked the reports of the March carnage.

It was widely understood that we were helping the Mukti Bahini (which for a brief while was called Mukti Fauj), though there wasn't anything official. It seemed like a no-brainer to be helping these brave lads fighting genocide.

I recall my visits to Secunderabad station where I would see reserved coaches and coaches of the Hyderabad-Howrah Express filled with Jawans and Officers. Everyone knew that a war was coming.

We learned the names of Kissinger and Nixon, and knew they were hateful people, to be reviled.

Somewhere during 1971, Imprint magazine (now long defunct, later revealed to have been a CIA project) carried a version of Anthony Mascarenhas's reportorial account of the genocide, reprinted from the Sunday Times. I recall feeling shocked and shaken when I read that (following my usual practice of reading these magazines when I was supposed to be focussing on my class books). That feeling still hasn't left me.


Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ParGha and 56 guests