Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-13 June,2016

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-13 June,2016

Post by ramana »

KJo, The other KJo is not innocent. I would say he needs to pay. I don't get why people think #Bhaiwood is innocent.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Who gave out details of a meeting that did not take place?

As Indians would say arre baapre!
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

SSharma wrote:...

surely the public would have lapped up his fake comments, but instead he chose to stand by his latest boy toy.
boy toy is the right phrase. Peshawar entrance
Skanda
BRFite

Post by Skanda »

Before we start sympathizing with Johar, we need to ask, why does Johar need to employ actors/musicians/technicians/... from Pakistan.

He just like SRK hire Pakistani actors because movie releases in Dubai or any other Middle Eastern country will appeal to the large Pakistani population. Its precisely this reason that SRK at some point wanted to have Bangladeshi cricket players in IPL when a few BSF soldiers were lynched by Bangladeshis and he refuse to remove the Bangladeshis from his team. Johar is and will always be a businessman and he chose to take a risk. Now he is paying for his decisions.

Even in his latest video lamenting his decision, he is vague about the Victims and the Perpetrators. Why cant he name India as the victim and Pakistan as the perpetrators of terrorism. Even at this stage, he is looking at serving his self interests.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

There is no substitute for victory in battle to show strength.

Insha' Allah, the day is not far India thrashes those infidels in Pakistan, takes back so called "Azad Kashmir", severs the link between Pakistan and China.

There will be no more stapeled visas, "holds" in the UN for "technical consultations" or inability to get a couple of lines into some meaningless statement from some meaningless grouping of countries that share nothing but an acronym in common.

Insha' Allah!!!
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Skanda wrote:Before we start sympathizing with Johar, we need to ask, why does Johar need to employ actors/musicians/technicians/... from Pakistan.

He just like SRK hire Pakistani actors because movie releases in Dubai or any other Middle Eastern country will appeal to the large Pakistani population. Its precisely this reason that SRK at some point wanted to have Bangladeshi cricket players in IPL when a few BSF soldiers were lynched by Bangladeshis and he refuse to remove the Bangladeshis from his team. Johar is and will always be a businessman and he chose to take a risk. Now he is paying for his decisions.

Even in his latest video lamenting his decision, he is vague about the Victims and the Perpetrators. Why cant he name India as the victim and Pakistan as the perpetrators of terrorism. Even at this stage, he is looking at serving his self interests.
I think you are mixing events, the lynching of BSF soldiers happened in 2001, IPL didn't start until 2008. After 26/11, in the next year auction Pakistani players went unsold due to tacit understanding among the owners of the teams even though their was no governmental guidelines regarding it.

While I completely agree that as long as the Paki keep killing us through terrorism and border skirmishes we should not play cricket with them, nor should be we allow their artists to act/perform in India and benefit from it, I do have a problem with organizational like MNS imposing their diktat which is illegal and can not/should not be allowed.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

For all these KJ like punks who talk about art and bhai chara with TSP, I have a simple proposition to them. I challenge them to make a movie on how TSPA and ISI use brain washed yahoos on suicidal missions while they lead a kushy life. Or even Paki proxies in the Kashmir valley who use teenagers to pelt stones and face Indian bullets. Make a movie rife with emotions on how TSP uses people are used as cannon fodder in the lager aim of them wanting parity with India, how they are destroying young lives instead of educating them, how they have destroyed Paki society, and yes, even provoking a catastrophic war with India. No equal equal crap. Just pointing to diabolical nature of TSPA ISI and RAPE ideology in general. And in this endeavor, KJ can use Paki actors, maybe have Fawad Khan play the role of Hafeez suar, Moria Khan or Veena Mallik and other paki actresses as his and Masood Azhra's many concubines etc. I will even pay money to watch such a movie. After all, wouldn't such a theme be the dream of any intellectual artist?
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

I do have a problem with organizational like MNS imposing their diktat which is illegal and can not/should not be allowed.
of course.

but why is it left to MNS type orgs to make a ruckus and threaten violence etc to do the right thing that should have been done long ago?
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

SSharma wrote:KJo just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

besides, he did not do himself any favours by speaking up for the paki actors
he could have said that though he has cast a paki, he now regrets it, supports the army action fully, or something to those effects.

surely the public would have lapped up his fake comments, but instead he chose to stand by his latest boy toy.
if he had any sense, he would have forced that paki to say at least something generic about being against terrorism and sad for loss of lives etc.

that entire eco system underestimated the groundswell of opposition...and some credit goes to arnab for repeatedly asking for those pakis to say something. i think one of them finally did say something, but too late....

this kjo should have come out and said, sorry movie was done before the escalation and that he is with the army, sorry for loss of live, hope there is peace, please don't punish artists blah blah. that might have passed. but the idiot took the line that basically spits on indians.

let him suffer. why should i have sympathy for one who does not have any for me?
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Those who employ Pakistani artistes, technicians etc. are taking a big risk, given the enmity, terrorism and enduring hostility from Pakistan. They are willing to take that risk, IMO, because they want to make some good money from Pakistan or Pakistani diaspora elsewhere. They should hedge against that risk through other means such as insurance etc, rather than trying to compromise the patriotic fervour that will definitely get whipped up after a terror attack. Since films & film-personalities rule the mind of most Indians, the excuses trotted out by those who want their films to be released can lead to a blunting of citizens' rightful anger, which is not at all in the interests of this country. In fact, allowing Pakistanis into India must be totally banned.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

KJo wrote:
That's the thing. Why should KJo bear the financial brunt when he did nothing illegal? The GoI gave them visas and there have been several Pakis working in India for years now and no one said a thing. The rules were just changed on him mid-movie, so it is not fair to penalize him now.

There are so many people who are really anti-national and we are making an example of KJo.
There is a morality and rhetoric issue that are getting mixed up here. The soldiers who are now dead from Paki raids did nothing wrong. Maybe they would even have watched ADHM had they been alive

Karan Johar too "did nothing wrong" but his business instincts told him that hitherto unknown eye candy from Pakistan would be both cheaper and more likely to bring in larger profits. Johar took a business gamble. The soldiers were doing the job they were entrusted to do and got killed. Between the two I would say "To hell with Johar. Bijnes is bijnes. You can fail. You can succeed" After all we are also the same people who say time and again "Army is army. You may die. you may live"

So balls to Johar and his Paki actors
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Gus wrote:
I do have a problem with organizational like MNS imposing their diktat which is illegal and can not/should not be allowed.
of course.

but why is it left to MNS type orgs to make a ruckus and threaten violence etc to do the right thing that should have been done long ago?
Ironically it is Maharashtra, and Mumbai in particular that has both supported the likes of Dawood and faced the brunt of Pakiatani terorism. Even more ironic is that when I read that bloody name "Ae Dil Hai Mushkil" the first thing that appears in my mind's eye is that iconic song "Bombay meri jaan".

I think Mumbaikars have every right to protest the way their city has been raped. It just happens that the entire country by an large agree with them.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

LeT issued warning to SHO, Baramulla - ToI

What caught my eye were the following two
After 700-odd houses were searched, security agencies seized petrol bombs, Chinese and Pakistani flags, LeT and Jaish letterpads, illegal mobile phones and other seditious material, defence spokesperson Manish Kumar said.
Increasingly, the Chinese shadow is falling over J&K. This should be the first time that Chinese flags are being seized. This makes me suspicious of a Chinese hand in the Uri attack even more.

The other was
"We had information about the presence of militants in the area. It was an anti-militancy operation aimed at nabbing some Jaish-e-Mohammed militants who had taken refuge in the area," Baramulla SSP Imtiyaz Hussain Mir said.
While the operation was to catch JeM terrorists, it was the LeT that issued a warning to the SHO of Baramulla for having conducted such a search-and-seize operation. This further confirms that LeT does its operations under the JeM cover these days. We know that they had always collaborated earlier but this is a newer trend.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

SSridhar wrote: Increasingly, the Chinese shadow is falling over J&K. This should be the first time that Chinese flags are being seized. This makes me suspicious of a Chinese hand in the Uri attack even more.
I don't think the Chinese would want to show their hand. But Pakis and separatists have been using every trick to try and "scare" India - ISIS flags, Chinese flags whatever. I am happy to see the Chinese shadow there - it only makes public what has been kept secret for too long - Pakis selling out to the Chinese. We need to face the Chinese head on and this is as good a time as any to start (from our side)

The Chinese have "showed their hand" in the past when the 1965 "goatnapping" of Chinese goats farce was in Ladakh I think
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

shiv wrote:
Increasingly, the Chinese shadow is falling over J&K. This should be the first time that Chinese flags are being seized. This makes me suspicious of a Chinese hand in the Uri attack even more.
I don't think the Chinese would want to show their hand. But Pakis and separatists have been using every trick to try and "scare" India - ISIS flags, Chinese flags whatever. I am happy to see the Chinese shadow there - it only makes public what has been kept secret for too long - Pakis selling out to the Chinese. We need to face the Chinese head on and this is as good a time as any to start (from our side)

The Chinese have "showed their hand" in the past when the 1965 "goatnapping" of Chinese goats farce was in Ladakh I think
The separatists have been to trying to shore up their confidence by showing chinese flags

They have been isolated and they dont any more diplomatic support.

China is playing along just to keep company to the Pak when they are isolated. Even the UN drop of the terrorist JEM is to give company to isolated Pak govt
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

shiv wrote:
SSridhar wrote: Increasingly, the Chinese shadow is falling over J&K. This should be the first time that Chinese flags are being seized. This makes me suspicious of a Chinese hand in the Uri attack even more.

No, I didn't mean that the Chinese have done that themselves deliberately. The increasing involvement of the Chinese in the affairs of Kashmir is emboldening the separatists & terrorists to 'showcase' the Chinese flags. They were not yet displayed openly but kept secretively to come out at an opportune time.

There are two predominant strands we see in J&K today, status-quo & pro-Pakistan. The pro-Azadi is practically dead and pro-Salafi (which showed ISIS flags etc) is dormant, if at all it is there. The pro-Pakistanis never displayed Chinese flags so far, but the extreme closeness that has developed between Pakistan & China (this proximity is so different from their traditional 'deeper than the deepest ocean' friendship) after China felt an existential threat to itself in the form of a developing alliance between the US and other powerful nations of Asia, is very different where Pakistan has willingly pledged itself to China (after 26/11, Gilani asked China to take over Pakistan's foreign policy management) lock-stok-and-barrel. The Chinese Emperor has a pawn on his side, Pakistan, and a soon-to-be-a-pawn, Russian Federation. We know that the pro-Pakistanis are controlled by LeT to a large extent and HuM & JeM to a lesser extent. China has forever encouraged insurgency in India's north-east. It is not beyond China to get similarly entangled with LeT, HuM & JeM in Kashmir too especially when its flagship CPEC is facing so much pressure and China itself is coming under pressure.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

X post

COIN dhaga
Aditya G wrote:
jamwal wrote:44 in a single fell swoop ? What happened there ?
It was a house to house search of 100+ houses.
I wonder if this was a semi-localised gathering for a sort of last stand before winter. Which is why so many gathered in vicinity. We may recall that during the recent piglet attack on the camp at Baramulla, it was reported that some piglets slipped away by hiding amongst the locals. I wonder if they too were apprehended in this operation.

Though not an entirely apt comparison, but it reminds me of the "semi-last stand" of the LTTE at Puthukudiyirruppu during the closing act of the war when LTTE were gasping for breath. A large number of senior LTTE cadre (combat and non-combat) were sequestered and eliminated in that action.

Lack of flash bang etc suggest that many of them may be handlers and coordinators. They are happy to egg the fidaayeen cannon fodder to die for the cause but will never put themselves in the harms way as evident by their meek surrender.

It's these who coordinate and egg the piglets and stone pelters to attack the state. I can only hope that their being taken out of the equation may have dealt a huge blow to piglet ops in J&K.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

The Baramulla capture of a a few dozens of people appears to be significant event. So significant for LeT to react angrily and immediately.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

SSridhar wrote:The Baramulla capture of a a few dozens of people appears to be significant event. So significant for LeT to react angrily and immediately.
There are quite a few possibilities that can be attributes to this

1. LeT suffered the most in surgical strikes and now a large number of their operatives in J&K have been apprehended. So now their "action-ready" teams on either side of LoC have been severely denuded. They'll need time to build up a new reservoir of trained and motivated jihadis, hence the angst.

2. There's been lot of show and dance about Hafeez Saeed in Baki media and parliament (Mostly meaningless optics). He's attracting spotlight and that's raising uncomfortable questions for Baki govt and TSPA and their roles in fomenting terrorism. It's widely known that LeT, JeM are the sword arm of TSPA, but TSPA is nothing if not survivalist to the core. If they feel that the supporting LeT and JeM is bringing diminishing results and it threatens them more than they were raised against, they'll probably be not to averse to sort of "withdraw" the "protective umbrella". No go after Let/JeM themselves, but not be too bothered if someone else decides to take out the garbage. :mrgreen:

But then this is TSPA, India-haters to the core.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

The other possibility is that a 'retaliation' in the making by the PA through the LeT for Sep 28-29, has been effectively neutralized. We might know in a few days’ time.
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

Dont understand why these terrorists are arrested. I would rather put them all in a room. Blow it up with RDX and then issue a statement that they were suicide bombers and refused to surrender, they blew up in unison.

Taxpayers money saved !! No biriyanis to be served. We dont even have to spare the land for burial.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Probably for interrogation to force out all intel that we can from them. They do not work alone and it's likely that they had local and not-so-local associated that escaped the net.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

China-Pakistan Economic Corridor: 'Panicked' Chinese envoy meets Imran Khan

ISLAMABAD: It appears that a video posted two days ago by Imran Khan+ 's Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) party — that showed the former cricketer vigorously exercising, with a caption asking Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to be "very afraid" — may have scared more people than just Sharif.

That's because a panicked Chinese ambassador to Pakistan asked for a meeting with Imran and met him late yesterday, to be assured that Chinese investments in Pakistan — especially the $51 billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor — aren't a target of PTI's November 2 'Occupy Islamabad' anti-Sharif protest, several Pakistani newspapers reported today.

PTI and Imran plan to completely shut down the capital city of Islamabad during the protest against Sharif's "lack of accountability" after being implicated in the Panama Papers leak, and his alleged inaction on the Kashmir issue.

The meeting with Imran was requested by the Chinese ambassador Sun Weidong, a PTI source told Pakistani newspaper The Nation. The two reportedly met at Imran's residence in Bani Gala in Islamabad.

"The gist of the meeting, according to PTI sources, was to dispel the impression that the party's ongoing accountability movement against the prime minister was somehow meant to sabotage the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC)," reported another Pakistani newspaper, Dawn, today.

It added that the PTI leadership "waxed lyrical" about China's ongoing support for Pakistan" at all regional and international forums. That latest support came in the form of China blocking India's attempt to name the Pakistan-based terror outfit Jaish-e-Muhammad in the Goa Brics declaration on Sunday.

At the meeting yesterday, Imran "also appreciated the CPEC initiative, calling it a game changer, expressing good wishes for the successful completion of the project. As regards his party's protests, Imran said the PTI protests were aimed at ending corruption and promoting accountability,"The News International wrote.

In fact, an editorial in a state-run Chinese newspaper last month, gave a hint about Beijing's misgiving about CPEC. The editorial was published after TOI reported that some 15,000 Pakistani soldiers are guarding about 7,000 Chinese working on the CPEC in the face of growing number of attacks on the project.

It said the rising cost of protecting Chinese workers on the project was "becoming (a) big problem in efficiently pushing forward the projects".

The CPEC will connect China's largest province Xinjiang with Pakistan's Gwadar port in Balochistan. It passes through Pakistan-occupied- Kashmir and Balochistan, both of which are home to a long-running insurgency.
Cheers Image
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Gwadar Port was inaugurated by the Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s Military Dictator Gen. Pervez Musharraf along Peoples Republic of China’s Minister of Communications Li Shenglin way back on March 20, 2007.

Given all the big talk being put out by the Islamic Republic about how important Gwadar Port is to the PRC, the people of the Islamic Republic need to ponder why it has taken close to a decade after operationalizing / inaugurating the port for a PRC ship to call at Gwadar. The first PRC Ship to call at the port apparently did so on Oct 16, 2016.:

First Chinese ship docks at Gwadar port
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

I have said it before and I will say it again: CPEC is a classic 19th century con game and a land grab scheme by the Chinese and a few influential pakis.

In effect, PLA is lending to the pakis at above market rates to pay certain chinese companies (managed by PLA) who will hire mostly chinese management, labor, equipment and material to build a suitable infrastructure that will mostly power and support chinese SEZs along the way and a deep water port that will enable chinese economic and military control over the region. A chinese container ship recently docked at Gwadar to test the infrastructure. No one bothered to look at its bill of lading.

Paki labor, if any, will be mostly menial - protection services, chaiwalas, coolies, transporters and rest stop operators and comfort women - all paid for by the paki exchequer. Along the way, the chinese will build a few schools in PoK and pakjab, and bray about it. And, of course, landing strips for their use which will keep keep the local population in a tizzy (wow! we have a modern airport!!). Think of East India Company landing at Surat and one will not be too far off. The worst off will be the Baloch and the Sindhis. Karachi port will lose revenue and importance.

That chinese ambassador who recently panicked and demanded a meeting with Imran "duffer" Khan was obviously looking after PLA's "investments". $46 Bn is a credit line/loan for the chinese companies and not an equity investment in reality. And, to top that, pakis have to provide sovereign guaranties on the loan and returns.

Plain and simple: a chinese con game to grab land at throw away lease rates in a land populated by gullible half breeds.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

anupmisra wrote:I$46 Bn is a credit line/loan for the chinese companies and not an equity investment in reality.
Oh yes, it carries a 18% minimum ROI which is another word for interest on the loan.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Under the CPEC garb, China will interfere everywhere.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

India will not stop people-to-people contact with Pakistan: Jaishankar

The Indian government on Tuesday announced it will not stop people-to-people contact with Pakistan despite tensions between the nuclear-armed neighbours.

Indian Foreign Secretary Subrahmanyam Jaishankar during a meeting with Parliamentary Committee on External Affairs said, “People-to-people contact will continue and there is no plan to stop it.”

Tensions between Pakistan and India have escalated over New Delhi’s gross human rights violations in held-Kashmir and the Uri base attack. When asked by members of the panel if India wanted to resume dialogue with its “hostile western neighbour”, the foreign secretary said, “Engagement with Pakistan diplomatically in future was on the table but the date and time of any such engagement will be of New Delhi’s choosing.”

“We had been engaging with Pakistan and will do so in future. But right now, we don’t have any fixed calendar even for talks at the secretary-level,” Jaishankar told the panel.

The secretary also said that surgical strikes on militant bases in Azad Kashmir last month had given Islamabad “a taste of what India is capable of”. He confirmed that Indian forces had conducted targeted operations across the Line of Control (LoC) but that it was not publicised. “If you are asking whether our troops crossed the LoC and conducted calibrated operations before, the answer is yes. If you are asking if they achieved their targets and returned to India, the answer is also yes,” Jaishankar was quoted as saying.

The Uri attacks have also taken its toll on the Indian film industry where it has become extremely difficult for Pakistani actors to work in Bollywood. India’s extremist party, MNS, has threatened Pakistani actors to leave, while the Indian Motion Picture Producers Association (IMPPA) passed a motion barring artistes from the neighbouring country to work in the industry.

Cinema owners and Exhibitors Association of India has also announced it will not screen movies featuring Pakistani actors in four states — Maharashtra, Goa, Gujarat and Karnataka.

New Delhi has repeatedly — and without any concrete proof — blamed Pakistan for the Uri base attack in Indian-occupied Kashmir. Then it claimed to have carried out ‘surgical strikes’ in response but this claim was rubbished by Pakistan. The Modi govt has in fact also been criticised by opposition parties in India for failing to provide any satisfactory and concrete evidence to back its claim.
Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

anupmisra wrote:I have said it before and I will say it again: CPEC is a classic 19th century con game and a land grab scheme by the Chinese and a few influential pakis.

In effect, PLA is lending to the pakis at above market rates to pay certain chinese companies (managed by PLA) who will hire mostly chinese management, labor, equipment and material to build a suitable infrastructure that will mostly power and support chinese SEZs along the way and a deep water port that will enable chinese economic and military control over the region. A chinese container ship recently docked at Gwadar to test the infrastructure. No one bothered to look at its bill of lading.

Paki labor, if any, will be mostly menial - protection services, chaiwalas, coolies, transporters and rest stop operators and comfort women - all paid for by the paki exchequer. Along the way, the chinese will build a few schools in PoK and pakjab, and bray about it. And, of course, landing strips for their use which will keep keep the local population in a tizzy (wow! we have a modern airport!!). Think of East India Company landing at Surat and one will not be too far off. The worst off will be the Baloch and the Sindhis. Karachi port will lose revenue and importance.

That chinese ambassador who recently panicked and demanded a meeting with Imran "duffer" Khan was obviously looking after PLA's "investments". $46 Bn is a credit line/loan for the chinese companies and not an equity investment in reality. And, to top that, pakis have to provide sovereign guaranties on the loan and returns.

Plain and simple: a chinese con game to grab land at throw away lease rates in a land populated by gullible half breeds.
anupmisra Ji :

1. The previous vessel IMO - a Container vessel - docked at Gwadar for may be Twenty or so Refrigerated Containers of Fish exported by Cwapistan. This vessel seems to be a "Project Cargo Ship".

2. Please stop slandering "half breeds" as the Cwapistanis have Four Fathers. May be "Penta Breeds" would fit the bill.
Cheers Image
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

SSridhar wrote:
Under the CPEC garb, China will interfere everywhere.
This and the strident defense of Bakistan makes it more and more clear that the CPEC project is heavy on strategic content much more than meets the eye. This is not JUST about $46 billion.

The Chinese are more worried than the Bak Army it seems.
Last edited by pankajs on 19 Oct 2016 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

SSridhar wrote:Under the CPEC garb, China will interfere everywhere.
There are three major proposed roads / motorways that all lead to Gwadar. One of which is perilously close (and runs parallel) to the Indian border in Indian Punjab and Rajasthan. The other one runs parallel to the Afghan border. Foolish Afghans want to join CPEC thinking it will benefit them but conveniently forgetting that the land routes run through and controlled by pakistan.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

pankajs wrote:This is not JUST about $46 billion.
Chinese have leased (in perpetuity) 307,374 mi² of land for $46 Bn and will inherit 200 million penta-breeds as menial labor. And the money will never change hands. Not a bad deal, eh?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Skanda wrote:Before we start sympathizing with Johar, we need to ask, why does Johar need to employ actors/musicians/technicians/... from Pakistan.

There is nothing to sympathize with karan johar for. He is a slimy bollywood type who well knows which side of his paki bread is buttered.

1) he has an already assured market in ME, UK and USA full of paki audiences.

2) He has an assured market in pakiland and all these markets, including above, have already been presold which was the very idea of casting fawad khan.

3) this little faker of indeterminate gender is playing to the gallery and garnering free publicity for his film which he is getting in spades. The more controversy he creates, the more money he makes abroad. His "vague" statements assure him multiple TV appearances to explain his so called noble position. He has already paid all his crew as no one will wait this long for payment.

4) paki fawad khan has a face that looks like the back of an old bus and casting him was to ensure that certain cross border bollywood black money funding "investors" are able to reap the moolah in "world wide distribution and exhibition rights"

5) sanjay manjrekar has jumped on to this band wagon, attacking MNS and Raj Thakeray, to protect his commentary job in pakiland. Smart thinking on his part.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

Rahul M wrote:pakistan did have a start on this silicon valley thing, silly-con to be Axact.
it all went downhill skiing sometime ago, in the highest traditions of all things pakistani.
Pak has a glorious tradition in IT stretching back to a date (1986) before some of you were born https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_(computer_virus).
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Bollywood is ISI's proxy in India which carries an openly anti-Hindu and pro-Islamic propaganda. It should be completely and utterly destroyed and the film industries of Southern India should take over.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

SSridhar wrote:The Baramulla capture of a a few dozens of people appears to be significant event. So significant for LeT to react angrily and immediately.
are these from across the border? I thought these are 'homegrown affiliates'? do LeT have that many cadre inside India to collect at one place like that?
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

SSharma wrote:i would have loved the example being made of someone like srk, amir khan or mahesh bhatt.

but sadly they arent releasing a movie right now, so either we take what we can get or again show our chankianess.
As far as I know, Director KJo has not done anything anti-national or illegal. He hired some people from Pakistan by following the legal route as far as I can tell, and this is no different from what others have done in the past. Sultan had a song by a Paki singer and no one said anything about it.
Hurt Pakis by all means, but I think it is unfair to hurt another Indian citizen just for hiring Paki when it was considered okay to do. Even when Pakis were killing our soldiers all these years, we were still having bhai-biskoot and doing pappi-jhappi with them at the highest levels. The public sentiment about Pakis has undergone a sea-change after Uri. If the public wants to boycott the movie, then I have no problem with it. However I don't think an organized boycott like what MNS and others are doing is correct since an Indian will lose, not Pakis.

When crores are involved, at least some warning needs to be given. Was MNS sleeping all this time when Pakis were killing our soldiers? Suddenly Raj Thack decides he found an issue. I hope the MNS and other organizations apply pressure on Bhaiwood to not hire any Paki actors or singers again. Let that filth stay sarhad ke uss paar.
Before we start sympathizing with Johar, we need to ask, why does Johar need to employ actors/musicians/technicians/... from Pakistan.
Because he can make more money. Nothing wrong in that, he is in the business of making money like we all are. Paki actors have some novelty factor in India. Many wimmens like them, whether we admit it or not. I have heard ooh and aah about that gay looking Fawad Khan among the ladies in my circle. I find most Paki women to be manly and unattractive though. If hiring Pakis worked against the movie, he would not be hiring them.

He is like any other businessman, wanting to make more money. We remember the case of Mur-Tea and other "top IT honchos" pressuring GoI to not escalate because they would lose revenue. I don't know why only KJo is made an example of when several people over decades have been doing the same thing.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

^ did you read anything that others have posted to your original assertion, that you are repeating here, which is basically "GoI allowed them in, so its legal, and what's wrong with making money"
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

X Posted on the Islamophobia Thread

Can we blame the West for thinking of Muslims as they do?
In recent times, religiously motivated terrorism incidents have taken place in the West, from Brussels to New York. Due to these barbaric acts perpetuated by extremists, ordinary Muslims are also facing excessive backlash in Europe as well as in the United States.
Cheers Image