J&K News and Discussion - 2016

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
siqir
BRFite -Trainee

Re: J&K News and Discussion - 2016

Post by siqir »

apparently scrapping 370 was presidential notification so no vote needed it is already done and gone

think jammu will demand statehood in any case

jai hind
LakshmanPST
BRFite

Post by LakshmanPST »

ani_sharma wrote:What does UT with legislature mean?
Will have an assembly like Delhi and Pondicherry...
ani_sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ani_sharma »

arshyam wrote:
ani_sharma wrote:What does UT with legislature mean?
Like Delhi, Pondicherry, etc.
So they will still have election, MLAs and a CM. How does that improve things politically? (assuming no delimitation)
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Like 371s, 370s are gone. :-)
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

So what we know so far
- Sec 144 in J&K
- House arrest of all Leaders in J&K
- 370 scrapped; sec 35a goes along with it
- J&K - divided in 3 - Jammu and Laddhak to be UT

For Reference:

Almost 80% of J&K directly in Central control - only valley will have elections
Last edited by nits on 05 Aug 2019 12:09, edited 1 time in total.
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

CRamS wrote:Anujan, please, let set emotions and idealism aside and cast this out of the window

How different are Mehbooba Mufti, Omar Abdullah and the Hurriyat ilk? Dont get me wrong here, I despise them with more fervor than didi, behenji, RaGa or MK. The JK ilk play the same game as the heartland ilk, except with Religion, Pakistan, money laundering and terrorists, instead of caste, maoists, money laundering and bandits.
Every one of them wants secession.
Oh. You may then want to disband half of the JakLi...
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

nits wrote:So what we know so far
- Sec 144 in J&K

For Reference:

What happens to Gilgit and Baltistan/Northern Areas? Aksai chin?

Are they UTs too?
Tamang
BRFite

Post by Tamang »

ani_sharma wrote:
arshyam wrote: Like Delhi, Pondicherry, etc.
So they will still have election, MLAs and a CM. How does that improve things politically? (assuming no delimitation)
Real power will be with the Governor like it is in the case of Delhi.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

ani_sharma wrote:
Follow the money... Unlike a state, a UT cannot keep revenue except what the Centre devolves to it. And the states list of the constitution does not apply to the J&K (and Delhi and Pondicherry) assemblies as they are not true states. So the L-G will have more executive powers, especially in the domain of L&O.
TandavBrahmand
BRFite -Trainee

Post by TandavBrahmand »

ani_sharma wrote:
Law & Order will come under the center, unlike states. That is huge.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

- Sec 144 in J&K

For Reference:

No dude. Divided into two. Ladakh to be oen union terrirtory. J and K together another.
Patni
BRFite

Post by Patni »

Long due action of true integration in to India! I consider what ever hardship, if any that follows, is well worth it and a historic blunder is being set straight.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

arshyam wrote:
hanumadu wrote:It's not trifurcation, its bifurcation.
This sounds like a bifurcation only.
Sir, that's what I said.
Last edited by hanumadu on 05 Aug 2019 12:29, edited 1 time in total.
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

This is as big as the Shakthi tests!
Rupesh
BRFite

Post by Rupesh »

Jammu will be a full state. Kashmir a UT with legislature. Ladakh UT without legislature.
Rupesh
BRFite

Post by Rupesh »

Modi to address Nation later today.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

How does this work?
Quote: On 3 April 2018, the Supreme Court of India gave a similar opinion declaring that the Article 370 has acquired a permanent status. It stated that, since the State Constituent Assembly has ceased to exist, the President of India would not be able to fulfil the mandatory provisions required for its abrogation
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

ShyamSP wrote:

Are they UTs too?
they are next in line; one day definitely with Modi at Helm; right now they are with Pak and China :x
RKumar

Post by RKumar »

bkswarti wrote:I love how some people in this forum are completely fine with Modi acting like a fascist. Had Congress pulled anything similar you scums would be crying like babies and forwarding bullshit whatsapps.

We shouldn’t expect Kashmiris to act patriotic if we treat them like second class citizens.

You bhakts disgust me
You are right, we are the scums who work hard to earn our bread unlike few who steal, beg or borrow. Kashmirs are as patriotic as anyone of us here. They were, are and will be a part of India. It is only a few people who are getting money and honey to mislead the people. They got benefited due to personal contact with elites, it time to remove their historic influence and force them to follow the common rules - which are same for everyone. Normal people over there living in inhuman conditions while these elites are living in posh houses and eating all resources like parasites. Anyway, why a person living in JK should have less chances of getting a better job, house than a person living in Bihar or Kerala or UP or Punjab or Nagaland? There will be better industry and tourism after these changes.

Like you said, we are hard nuts and scums - those who try to create any kind of trouble (NaPak or otherwise), we will give no mercy and expect non in return. We are watching, sensing and listening, fully prepared to act at the first sign.

Jai Hind!!
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

nits wrote:
ShyamSP wrote:

Are they UTs too?
they are next in line; one day definitely with Modi at Helm; right now they are with Pak and China :x
Yes unfortunately they require guns and forward march. Hopefully Modi-Shah will take up immediately.

All these current 37xs bills are close-door and light-off bills. :D
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Landless ex-servicemen should be settled in Kashmir quickly, bestowed with land and capital by the central government. Their security should be taken care of by the armed forces. I do not think many Pandits are returning after finding a life outside this area. I am sure BJP has some good ideas on this topic.
Gautam
tandav
BRFite

Post by tandav »

Can I buy land in Ladakh now?

Can I also ask with this historic move can all Tier 1 cities also become UTs?
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

OK, took out the offending part.
Gautam
Last edited by g.sarkar on 05 Aug 2019 13:24, edited 1 time in total.
SandeepR
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SandeepR »

Its opening up new Opportunity for local Kashmiri Men & Women. There would be investments in view of assured security. Boosting States infrastructure and economy.
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

Moderator note: those who can't keep it civil and would bring religion into this will be handed instant bans. Many requests have already been made.
Sandrokottos
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sandrokottos »

Scums in parliament creating pure pointless noise; are these the ones fighting for justice for the Kashmiri's, If so, I feel sorry for them. They are better served by a Lt. Governor, and they shall have him/her.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

X posting

I am bit confused. Is the article already repealed or the resolution is tabled? Does it require 2/3rd votes in both the houses?
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

BJD is supporting the art 370 resolution.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4NLgx7r9zQ
Posting this again , this dude Shekhar Gupta got it spot on !
How Trump lit the 370 fire
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

JDU is not supporting the resolution.
M_Joshi
BRFite

Post by M_Joshi »

hanumadu wrote:BJD is supporting the art 370 resolution.
Even asking for inclusion of PoK as part of new UTs.. Seculars must be burning .. :rotfl:
Shaktimaan
BRFite

Post by Shaktimaan »

I hate to be the contrarian during this time of apparent jubilation, but I don't see how this bifurcation solves anything .

The basic problem of religious radicalization is not solved. Pakistan is still right next door.

A negotiated settlement with the Pakis as a stakeholder would be a far longer lasting solution than more soldiers and guns. I'm saying this with full awareness as a responsible member of this forum.
uskumar
BRFite

Post by uskumar »

IndraD wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4NLgx7r9zQ
Posting this again , this dude Shekhar Gupta got it spot on !
How Trump lit the 370 fire
I was just watching this video. im not a big fan of Shekhar Gupta but his analysis with regarding Kashmir was spot on. Pakistan will be forced to act against us and we will give them a forceful thapad. This will give keep troops and eyeball in LOC and Prevent Trump from doing a 'cut and run' in afghanistan.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

BJD will be remembered for their service to the Nation for a long time. Happy Independence Day!!
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

YSRCP is supporting it.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Shaktimaan wrote:I hate to be the contrarian during this time of apparent jubilation, but I don't see how this bifurcation solves anything .

The basic problem of religious radicalization is not solved. Pakistan is still right next door.

A negotiated settlement with the Pakis as a stakeholder would be a far longer lasting solution than more soldiers and guns. I'm saying this with full awareness as a responsible member of this forum.
:rotfl:
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

- Sec 144 in J&K

For Reference:

Rupesh wrote:Jammu will be a full state. Kashmir a UT with legislature. Ladakh UT without legislature.
Please do basic fact checking before posting misleading info.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

bkswarti wrote:I love how some people in this forum are completely fine with Modi acting like a fascist. Had Congress pulled anything similar you scums would be crying like babies and forwarding bullshit whatsapps.

We shouldn’t expect Kashmiris to act patriotic if we treat them like second class citizens.

You bhakts disgust me
Request to the Mods,
please ban bkswarti permanently.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

Shaktimaan wrote:I hate to be the contrarian during this time of apparent jubilation, but I don't see how this bifurcation solves anything .

Shaktimaan Ji. Negotiations with Pakis will no be possible. Paki Abdul’s will demand better services the moment the need for a large army is gone. The core cammandus will not agree for it.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

abhijitm wrote:X posting
I am bit confused. Is the article already repealed or the resolution is tabled? Does it require 2/3rd votes in both the houses?
Me too. All my life I was told that the removal of article 370 needed an amendment of Constitution. I remember when Mrs. Gandhi abolished the privy purse back in 1971 by amending the constitution. A very cumbersome process and possible only if one party had absolute majority, which she did. Hence, it was not possible to be done. Now, it seems that the article 370 was provisional and did not need all that stuff. I am sure this will be discussed in the news papers shortly.
Gautam