J&K News and Discussion - 2016

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Re: J&K News and Discussion - 2016

Post by UlanBatori »

I didn't know this!
Manish Tewari: That you can revoke Article 371 tomorrow? By imposing President's rule in the north eastern states, and using the rights of their Assemblies in the Parliament, you can scrap Article 371 too? What kind of Constitutional Precedent are you setting in the country? https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1158627079224733696
YESSSS!!!!!! BY ALL MEANS!!!
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Did I hear Amit Shah say "Aksai Chin" too?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Yes. U mean Uttara Ladakh, I presume?
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

The JK reorganization bill leaves 24 seats vacant in JK Union territory legislature for PoK
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Manish Tiwari actually said in Lok Sabha "Not everything is black and white. There is an English novel called fifty shades of grey" :rotfl: :shock: :mrgreen:
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

Over 80% vote to revoke Art.370 in LS
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

sudhan wrote:Over 80% vote to revoke Art.370 in LS
Clearly proves that it was nehru clan that created the problem and never wanted to solve it.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Anujan wrote:The JK reorganization bill leaves 24 seats vacant in JK Union territory legislature for PoK
Govt.-in-exile / Assembly-in-exile to be formed? They can nullify all property ownership post-1948, for starters. Sets the stage to clear the swamp.
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

pankajs wrote:
Karthik S wrote:Guys any idea how we can get aksai chin back?
Not anytime soon. Modi is not superhuman.
Why not?

Anyway why only aksai chin?
Erstwhile princely state has claims to chunk of land in Tibet, which Nehru convinently made no claim.
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

hanumadu wrote:
Vikas wrote:Who are the 3 families that BJP keeps talking about ruling Kashmir. I get that 2 of them are Abdullahs and Mufti but who is the 3rd one ? Are they alluding to Gandhis ?
Ghulam Nabi Azad?
Lone Family.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Kanson wrote:
pankajs wrote: Not anytime soon. Modi is not superhuman.
Why not?

Erstwhile princely state has claims to chunk of land in Tibet, which Nehru convinently made no claim.
I am not giving logic for or against Aksai Chin. I am just stating that Modi is not going to do anything on Aksai Chin "anytime soon".

I will make it more concrete by restating it "Modi will not do anything on Akai Chin in this term of 5 years". We can only know the outcome when it happens or the time expires without any action. Lets see.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Bajwa has sent a clear threat that large scale support for jihad will begin soon
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

Anujan wrote:Bajwa has sent a clear threat that large scale support for jihad will begin soon
That exactly what is GoI hoping for.. :wink:
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

pankajs wrote:
Kanson wrote: Why not?

I am not giving logic for or against Aksai Chin. I am just stating that Modi is not going to do anything on Aksai Chin "anytime soon".

I will make it more concrete by restating it "Modi will not do anything on Akai Chin in this term of 5 years". We can only know the outcome when it happens or the time expires without any action. Lets see.
But im speaking from the logic that seeds of this deed is sworn in previous govt, almost five years back...meaning , on aksai chin im speaking w some conviction...
Last edited by Kanson on 06 Aug 2019 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Kanson wrote:
Anujan wrote:Bajwa has sent a clear threat that large scale support for jihad will begin soon
That exactly what is GoI hoping for.. :wink:
GOI would be prepared for the maximum pressure from Bakis and the world.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Kanson wrote:But im speaking from the logic that seeds of this deed is sworn in previous govt, almost five years back...meaning im speaking w some conviction...
As I have said, only time will tell. Lets see.
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

No you are not getting what im implying. Ofcoure they are prepared, but GoI is hoping for P.ak to commit that blunder...
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Kanson wrote:No you are not getting what im implying. Ofcoure they are prepared, but GoI is hoping for P.ak to commit that blunder...
I am getting what you are saying ... they are forcing the bakis to show stupidity.
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

Even in this episode , bakis has given enough support, playing exactly into the hands what GoI was hoping for...
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

My theory, Any terror action from Bakis will result IWT abrogated. India may not be able to hold/divert all the water but the treaty will be consigned to dustbin. Pakis an goto any unkil or WB but who would listen to the beggers.
I don't get why Pakis are so furious. For them Art 370 is as much a sham as instrument of accession. Why do they care if it is UT or state or Municipality. They could not take J&K yesterday and will not be able to take it tomorrow but may lose POK in the process.

#TrustModi
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

UAE has officially supported India's move on Kashmir. There goes OIC support out of window for pakistan.
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

They will try to do something spectacular, don't think they will ever try any overt action. They will try to herd their terrorist pigs once comms are restored and start pelting dung and slowly try to enact some high profile sneak attack
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Many congress leaders have started supporting the move now. Jyotindraditya Scindia is the latest.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

Jyotiraditya’s wife is the daughter of Karan Singh, of Dogra royal clan
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

Atleast now we have some anecdotal references that BJP & its sister org plan for long term & work for it in meticulous manner. So does BJP/NDA gov.
To give simple example, by 2014/15 for GE2019 they have indentified 4 to 5 areas to have last mile push effect. And they work on these through multiple routes, even if one fails. One such areas indentified so early is national pride. Moon mission was one such route. But asat test filled that place. As you heard from drdo chief, nod for the development was given in 2014/15.
Now, Do you want to imagine how much thoughts & planning went behind this ?! Whatever you heard&seen so far is just the beginning.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

With shooting news cycle waning in US, Google news has ramped up 370 news along with usual mouthpieces.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

^^ Do 't worry. The Dumbo Liberals are busy with bashing/boycotting NYT over a headline on what T said. Until he is out, dumbo liberals will be busy

Twitter Trends
Trending in USA
Donald Ttump
18.2K Tweets

Did Obama
126K Tweets

#CancelNYT
9,087 Tweets
New York Times faces uproar over its ‘Trump urges unity vs. racism’ headline
The newspaper's front page headline about President Trump's response to the El Paso and Dayton mass shootings sparked a backlash. The publication amended the headline in a later version.Photo via @NateSilver538
Now they even want to control news headlines. so much for FOE
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

370 news is already waning in Google - Yesterday it was on the top of international news section and today you have to scroll down a few pages. My take is beside the rags like NYT/Guardial/Economist etc. everybody realizes it is India's business.
darshan wrote:With shooting news cycle waning in US, Google news has ramped up 370 news along with usual mouthpieces.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Anujan wrote:Audacious move, hopefully it works out.

I am dhoti shivering for two reasons

1. UT with Legislative assembly means that nobody has any power. Usually the chance that you can someday get power is what makes people behave. What happens to Omar Abdullah and Mehbooba? Will they go gently into the good night? Or start cutting deals with Bakistan and hurrirats? If people reject moderates (yes they are moderates, at least they are not totting a AK), who will their leaders be?

2. This gives Bakistan no reason to behave. Not that they were behaving in the past, but remember that Gen Bandicoot's ceasefire is what enabled us to fence the border. They send in jiahadis, we go door to door, some young kid starts pelting stones, rinse and repeat.

I hope better sense prevails for at least two years and in those two years I hope that the administration is efficient, roots out all the fat corrupt rats, there is direct delivery of services and development to the people and they see real improvement in their lives and reject the gun.
I was interested to see the degree of emphasis Amit Shah put on fraud, corruption, waste and 2-family ownership of J&K. Shah even pointed out that aam Kashmiri may be owning land but it has low value because of the lack of growth which is due to 35 A. Modi said the same thing (low growth due to 35 a) in a campaign interview.

It could be that, Modi-Shah team has the pulse of mango Kashmiris and is betting that freeing ip the animal spirits of J&K market capitalism will be enough to counteract the jihadi DNA. Maybe that's all the chankian strategy there is. That, and slapping pak when it does something. Not enough in my view, but he is the PM, not me.

We have to take the sabka sath-sabka vikas-sabka vishwas seriously and literally. Modi keeps telling media interviewers from time to time: just listen to what I say and don't dismiss it as politician-speak. We should listen too.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

KLNMurthy wrote:
Anujan wrote:Audacious move, hopefully it works out.

I am dhoti shivering for two reasons

1. UT with Legislative assembly means that nobody has any power. Usually the chance that you can someday get power is what makes people behave. What happens to Omar Abdullah and Mehbooba? Will they go gently into the good night? Or start cutting deals with Bakistan and hurrirats? If people reject moderates (yes they are moderates, at least they are not totting a AK), who will their leaders be?

2. This gives Bakistan no reason to behave. Not that they were behaving in the past, but remember that Gen Bandicoot's ceasefire is what enabled us to fence the border. They send in jiahadis, we go door to door, some young kid starts pelting stones, rinse and repeat.

I hope better sense prevails for at least two years and in those two years I hope that the administration is efficient, roots out all the fat corrupt rats, there is direct delivery of services and development to the people and they see real improvement in their lives and reject the gun.
I was interested to see the degree of emphasis Amit Shah put on fraud, corruption, waste and 2-family ownership of J&K. Shah even pointed out that aam Kashmiri may be owning land but it has low value because of the lack of growth which is due to 35 A. Modi said the same thing (low growth due to 35 a) in a campaign interview.

It could be that, Modi-Shah team has the pulse of mango Kashmiris and is betting that freeing ip the animal spirits of J&K market capitalism will be enough to counteract the jihadi DNA. Maybe that's all the chankian strategy there is. That, and slapping pak when it does something. Not enough in my view, but he is the PM, not me.

We have to take the sabka sath-sabka vikas-sabka vishwas seriously and literally. Modi keeps telling media interviewers from time to time: just listen to what I say and don't dismiss it as politician-speak. We should listen too.
Now now now, let's not get carried away. People with slightest wisdom and knowledge of history will know it's not possible to earn vishwas of certain communities regardless of what you do. Just saw tweet, people who were celebrating this 370 thing were shot at by 'other community', one person lost life. And this is not even in kashmir I am talking about. This was a blunder by that romeo play boy that has been corrected, but still miles to go before we can sleep.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Vikas wrote:Who are the 3 families that BJP keeps talking about ruling Kashmir. I get that 2 of them are Abdullahs and Mufti but who is the 3rd one ? Are they alluding to Gandhis ?
Mirwaiz? Geelani? Lone?
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

abhijitm wrote:UAE has officially supported India's move on Kashmir. There goes OIC support out of window for pakistan.
Isn't UAE same-same with Saudi nowadays?
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

The kind of neighbours we got is problem in first place.

Paki - gernails have to show aggression because some populance is jihadi and can't riot for slaves so let's hit dharmic village across border for territory.

China - each soldier is empelol 's eigth cousine or representative so anything is long March with more than little ego. Humiliated elected PM of Malaysia for aggression near Malaysia sea waters.

The kind of shyt that we gotta wade through for establishing democracy is phenomenal. Let's just open a thread for Tibet freedom (gentle request to chola sir) - by cutting supplies anywhere to Chinese littl empelols - and how to go about it. As they say in England, when iron is hot hathoda should be hit. Let the winter come for/against democracy before Chinese carriers come calling around Indian shores.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

If development can solve all problems, why do we still have Naxalites? Why is there unrest in NE?

I hope GOI is more chunkian and holds the promise of full statehood as a carrot.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

What's funny about Pakistan is that they passed a parliament resolution condemning abrogation of 370 and want it back.

You know, the same 370 which says JK is part of India.

They never cease to amaze me how dumb they are.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

KLNMurthy wrote:Mirwaiz? Geelani? Lone?
Could be the Nehru-Ghandis themselves. I don't know why some times when I see the pictures of Sr. Abdullah, Kapil Sibal and J.N Nehru I get a feeling that they are all relatives :evil:.
Kakkaji wrote:Jyotiraditya’s wife is the daughter of Karan Singh, of Dogra royal clan
Okay, so that explains his tweet. Sonia Ghandi can be the queen in Congress party circles, but for Jyotiraditya Scindia he needs to come home every evening and survive to fight another day ;).
abhijitm wrote:UAE has officially supported India's move on Kashmir. There goes OIC support out of window for pakistan.
I would request you to circulate this news in any circles/networks in which you have 100% literate Malayalis. The UAE Sheikh knows how to mind his business, but there is a large number of NRKs who have a feeling that UAE is their saviour (especially of the peacefool community).
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

i think GOI should go on a propoganda highlighting benefits of removal of 370. this psy ops v imp IMHO. and give good danda to anyone creating trouble. anybody acting too much should be transported across the fence..good luck .
Kritavarman
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Kritavarman »

KLNMurthy wrote:
Mirwaiz? Geelani? Lone?
Maharaja Hari Singh Family (Father of Karan Singh)
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

The narrative needs to be reinforced for the Chinese-India wants China’s COK.
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

Aug 15th Independence day prediction - PM Modi announces repeal of AFSPA in J&K.