J&K News and Discussion - 2016

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Re: J&K News and Discussion - 2016

Post by CRamS »

Cross posted from India US relations thread

Guys, please view my following tongue'n-cheek satire in the right spirit. Unlike most American who are either apathetic or India/Hindu haters among them, especially in CIA/Pentagon/think tanks who wink wink nod nod chuckle chuckle whenever TSP attacks India with its pigLeTs, I do not condone any mass shooting death in US.My condolences.

Breaking news: Mass shooting in El Paso TX. Indian PM ModiJi called up US president Trump and offered to mediate between the killer and victims. PM ModiJi further went on to add that both the killer and the victims are beautiful people just as Trump said ModiJi and leader of the terrorist entity called Pakistan are ‘great guys’

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/el-pas ... index.html
Rupesh
BRFite

Post by Rupesh »

CRS,
What has the above post got to do with J&K.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

https://indiandefencenews.info/5-7-paki ... ed-at-loc/

5-7 Pakistani militants/members of BAT (Border Action Team) eliminated at LOC

Indian Army have eliminated the 5 to 7 Pakistani militants/members of BAT (Border Action Team) at LOC who were trying to infiltrate in Kashmir via Keran Sector. Indian Army have officially released the photos of 4 Pakistani militants/members of BAT who have been eliminated but their bodies are lying on the LoC and not retrieved yet due to heavy firing at Line out control.

Indian Army said officially, “In the last 36 hours, there have been a number of attempts by Pakistan to disturb peace in the Valley and target Amarnath yatris. A Border Action Team (BAT) attempt was made on one of the forward posts in Keran sector and foiled by alert troops resulting in neutralising of 5 to 7 Pak regulars/militants. In the valley four hardcore JeM militants were neutralised. Recovered cache of sniper rifle, IED and mine with Pak markings. Clearly indicates complicity of Pak in terror activities. Security forces will continue to respond to all nefarious activities along LoC and hinterland.”

Further Indian Army said, “Pakistan Army regularly attempts to push militants through infiltration and opens up with multitude of weapons to assist them along the LoC. India during numerous Directorate of Military Operations level talks with Pakistan, has maintained the right to respond.”

Here is the four picture of dead militants shared by Indian Army.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Rupesh, I was just being sarcastic. Imagine if the Paki terror plot had succeeded, don't you think Trump would have suggested mediation? I will be glad to delete if you say I should.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

I am simply astonished at either the low IQ or even deliberate attempt by DDM to obfuscate what is going on with respect to the Amarnat Yatra. Even by idiots like Vishnu Som and Ajai Shukla who ought to know better.

Here is whats going on, and anybody here disagree with my analysis?

1. Typically, while there are times when TSP targets Amarnat Yatris, by and large, ISI knows that attack on civilian Yatris will not fetch them the kind of dividends that will fetch them by taking out symbols of Indians govt, including soldiers, officers and other targets.

2. In this case however, it is very plausible that TSP wanted to attack soft Amarnat Yatirs and elicit a huge reaction from India. A conflagration in Kashmir is exactly what TSP needs? Why?

3. Because Trump bahadur said he wants to mediate. And note by attacking Amarnat Yatris, both TSP and their puppets in their valley will lose some of their propaganda value that they never target civilians, but a conflagration that hits the headlines will suit TSP and KMs just fine. Anybody here who thinks western racists will raise a little finger at scores of Hindus slaughtered along the yatra needs to have their heads examined. The headlines will be"Kashmir dispute", "both sides" are guilty etc and Trump ass hole is this great messiah who wants to bring p!ss.

4. At least as of now, the fab 4: ModiJi/Doval/Shah/Rajnath have foiled TSP game plan. Lets hope it stays this way.

5. I am pretty sure Amarnat Yatris are angry. Even I would be if I made a lot of preparations and spent a lot money to get there. But so what. National interests come first.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

let me list out possibilities 1) 35 A goes 2) trifurcation 3) SS no 3 4) abrogation of IWT 5) limited land grab in POK ..i got idea about 4 last night and 5 today morning :D ... feel free to add to list.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

“Five to seven terrorists or Special Services Group (SSG) commandos from the Pakistan army were killed in the unsuccessful BAT operation that began on the night of July 31,”

The Army said Pakistan is “desperately trying to push terrorists from Jaish-e-Muhammed and other tanzims” across the LoC for the last 36-48 hours. “Intelligence reports assess there are 200-250 terrorists present on launchpads along the LoC ready to infiltrate into J&K by taking advantage of the prevailing fog conditions as well as covering fire by the Pakistani army,
----== I guess, mil dhaaga for j&k needs to be opened up. just saying.
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

more yatras suspended
After Shri Amarnath Ji pilgrimage, authorities today also suspended three more yatras in Jammu region including Machail Mata Ji in Kishtwar district, Baba Buda Amarnath Ji in Poonch and Kounsar Nag in Reasi even as Rapid Action Force (RAF) and para-military companies of BSF and CRPF continued to head towards some of the districts in Jammu region in anticipation of terror threats.
While there was no official word, sources told the Excelsior that para-military and police personnel deployed in strength stopped pilgrims heading towards Kishtwar and Gulabgarh for the pilgrimage of Machail Mata Ji early this morning. The pilgrims camping in Kishtwar and Gulabgarh including those with helicopter tickets were asked to return by the security personnel saying they have such directions from the administration and it was being done for their safety and security in view of terror alert.
https://www.dailyexcelsior.com/3-major- ... ee-valley/
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

I am monitoring some well-known suave English speaking with American accent ISI mouthpieces like Mosharaff Jihadi. Note how he is calling on Trump. I sense some desperation that plan didn't go as expected

https://twitter.com/mosharrafzaidi/stat ... 8471654400

Occupied Kashmir is being overrun by Indian soldiers, being planed in by the thousands.

What mockery of human rights and decency is India on the verge of enacting now?

Hope @realDonaldTrump is paying attention.

This is India thumbing it’s nose at USA in contempt.
rpartha
BRFite

Post by rpartha »

What I am bit surprised is no information warfare against pro Pak people in Kashmir - in terms of their corrupt practices or in that case even against Mufti or Abdullahs about how they looted Kashmir people money... we could use NIA, CBI, etc
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/t ... 2019-08-04
Talibani veterans join Jaish in PoK as Indian troops begin neutralising infiltrators
As the Independence Day celebrations draw near, large groups of suicide squads belonging to Pakistan-based terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) and Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), scattered around their launch pads across the Line of Control (LoC)
New Delhi, August 4
HIGHLIGHTS
Small groups of suicide squads had reportedly infiltrated into the high reaches of south Kashmir
Talibani veterans, equipped with sophisticated weapons, have joined JeM in PoK bordering LoC in their bid to target Indian establishment
The infiltration of Army-trained fidayeen into the Valley had set off alarm bells at the top security establishment in New Delhi
As the Independence Day celebrations draw near, large groups of suicide squads belonging to Pakistan-based terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) and Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), scattered around their launch pads across the Line of Control (LoC), seem desperate to infiltrate into the Valley to execute fidayeen attacks in Jammu and Kashmir, highly placed sources in the Intelligence Bureau revealed.
Amid the cross-border shelling along the LoC in the past two weeks, small groups of suicide squads had reportedly infiltrated into the high reaches of south Kashmir. Sources said that after a long time, Talibani veterans, equipped with sophisticated weapons have joined JeM in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK) bordering LoC in their bid to target Indian establishment.
The infiltration of Army-trained fidayeen into the Valley had set off alarm bells at the top security establishment in New Delhi. For an immediate assessment of the ground situation, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and a team of top security officials were rushed to Srinagar last week. On NSA's assessment report, the Centre deployed additional paramilitary forces in the Valley, including in Srinagar.
In a quick response, the Indian forces bombed a terror hideout, inside 30km of PoK, near the Neelum-Jhelum hydropower project. The Army also foiled an infiltration bid by neutralising 7 Pak terrorists in the Keran sector, in the early hours of August 1. These terrorists are said to be part of the Pakistan's Border Action Team (BAT).
Jammu, July 08, 2018
Gautam
Last edited by g.sarkar on 04 Aug 2019 09:31, edited 1 time in total.
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

NOTIFICATION -

As per this notification, all sectoral officers including district officers and sub-divisional magistrates ordered not to leave their stations without approval and not to switch off their mobile phones. https://t.co/yT9f15Nxoc
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

Air India Spokesperson Dhananjay Kumar to ANI: Air India has decided to cap the fare at Rs 9500 for all our flights to and from Srinagar till 15th August https://t.co/ZgeMBSdC10
So this independence day speach will be good time to announce 35A gone with the wind...
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

May sound like a silly question but, does winter have any impact on stone chucking and other similar hobbies of KM youths, Or do you wear an extra layer tarp (or whatever) for the cold? Basically what I'm getting at is we we see a drop in infiltration and military activity in winter, but is the same applicable to over ground activities?
Sonugn
BRFite

Post by Sonugn »

Indian Army: Have offered Pakistan Army to take over the dead bodies(of 5-7 Pak BAT army regulars/terrorists). Pakistan Army has been offered to approach with white flag and take over the dead bodies for last rites,they are yet to respond. via ANI
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

Sonugn wrote:Indian Army: Have offered Pakistan Army to take over the dead bodies(of 5-7 Pak BAT army regulars/terrorists). Pakistan Army has been offered to approach with white flag and take over the dead bodies for last rites,they are yet to respond. via ANI
I don’t understand why IA would do this?
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Because Indian army is a professional army.

The oldies might remember this in Kargil where "mujahideen" were fighting

manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

also because we may have a lovely vid of napakis with white flag...its more PR value than 4 to 7 dead smelly pigs ?
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

manjgu wrote:also because we may have a lovely vid of napakis with white flag...its more PR value than 4 to 7 dead smelly pigs ?
Exactly. It is an extra slap in their porky faces by telling them we saw through their pretense and we killed them. So come pick them up their dead smelly corpses. But wave a white flag first.

Nothing meek or accomodating about this. lol
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

^^^ If they don't take back the bodies, I think we should put them in a boat and let it float down the Indus, Lord of the Rings style. Good message to the pigs downstream.
TushS
BRFite -Trainee

Post by TushS »

Cabinet meeting tomorrow at PM house. Big decisions may be taken. Source: Aajtak :mrgreen:
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/amit-sh ... ir-2080085
New Delhi: Union home minister Amit Shah is meeting National Security Advisor Ajit Doval, Intelligence bureau chief Arvind Kumar, RAW's Samant Goel, Union home secretary Rajiv Gauba and other officials today amid a massive security build-up in Kashmir
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

What if all this movement of forces was really related to a big terror event and GoI had no plans of scrapping 35/370 or grabbing POK or trifurcation of state ?
Why did most of us collectively thought that GOI is planning to do something on the lines that now everyone is predicting. Did the top 3 drop any hint on these lines ?
#JustWondering
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

yes winter does have an impact on all aspects of life in kashmir...when its freezing cold and snow..people dont trudge to nearby villages to pelt stones... cold generally keeps people inside..try pelting stones with jackets/sweaters ( not so easy)..... whole tempo of life slows down. plus trees shed leaves so easier to see much farther...and clearly.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

bhai log...ek sarkari bird ka estimate hai ki ... its 35A and/or trifurcation ( its not about terrorism for sure etc). there is no movement of army so no land grab and no IWT abrogation. More para mil to control law/order situation. Jammu into a state, Ladhak and kashmir UT. I would like to rename kashmir as kashir !! the idea is to finish off political parties in Kashir and rule the state thru governor and panchayats. Farooq abdullah will have to row a shikara or apply for peons job and Mufti madam can clean Mughal gardens. chalo 35A gone and trifurcation is good enough..kuch to movement hua.
Sonugn
BRFite

Post by Sonugn »

Ok, so far:-
1. Pak FM sends letter to UN Gen Sec & P5
2. Imm, once again tweets for US mediation
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

by not having a legislature in Kashir UT , there is nobody to define who are states subjects so 35a will fall on its own as the state legislature alone is empowered to take that call. and next time Pakis say Jammu kashmir..we should tell them we dont know about kashmir ..we have kashir onlee.
prasannasimha
Forum Moderator

Post by prasannasimha »

If one wanted to rename name it as Sharadapura
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

I think there are jitters in the BIF camp due to a slew of legislation that is being passed in the parliament with BJD support in RS. This means Govt can pass any legislature at will. I don't think Modi needs to go for the major items like art 35A (which he can comfortably do). He can pass many such laws to curtail and change the meaning of 35A and nothing can be done to stop it.

Now wrt American angle, what can they do? Showing the willingness to mediate on Kashmir is not new. Trump spelling it out, may just help with media talking points, but it has always been there. If they restart the financial and military support to Pakis, all they are doing is making sure India will never buy offensive weapons from the US and it will only push India to distrust American intentions more and that will end a lot more cooperative Indian actions in all other fronts. Now the bonus will be Paki terrorist hitting American targets in the side. I am pretty sure, someone in PMO is already evaluating all aspects of Indo-US relationship and a plan will be in place to make sure we can take independent action when things go bad.

Pakis, on the other hand, will continue to destroy their economy and continue to have their wet dreams, while nothing substantial comes in their way to enhance either their economic or military capability. Their state is in a literal vegetative state and prolonging its life will hardly do any good.
RKumar

Post by RKumar »

srin wrote:^^^ If they don't take back the bodies, I think we should put them in a boat and let it float down the Indus, Lord of the Rings style. Good message to the pigs downstream.
Wrong idea, burn those bodies with fire guns as those might to traps.
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

OK guys... All access to pak web page will be blocked soon.. Now pak army page is blocked not only for J&K but also rest of India...
Sonugn
BRFite

Post by Sonugn »

madhu wrote:OK guys... All access to pak web page will be blocked soon.. Now pak army page is blocked not only for J&K but also rest of India...
Seems Pak has put a geo filter, website not accessible.

"Error 1009 Ray ID: • 2019-08-04 18:02:46 UTC
Access denied
What happened?

The owner of this website (pakistanarmy.gov.pk) has banned the country or region your IP address is in (IN) from accessing this website.
"
ManSingh
BRFite

Post by ManSingh »

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/omar-ab ... ir-2080246

Omar Abdullah under house arrest. He tweeted about this too..
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.news18.com/news/india/kashm ... 57393.html
'May be Placed Under House Arrest Soon': Omar's SOS as Kashmir Remains Tense, Internet Shutdown Likely
According to sources, internet services will be suspended in Kashmir from Monday till August 15. A source said that all Kashmir University examinations scheduled to be held from August 5 to10 have also been postponed.
August 4, 2019
Srinagar/New Delhi: National Conference leader Omar Abdullah on Sunday evening said that he has been informed that an "unofficial curfew" was about to begin in Kashmir and mainstream leaders were going to be detained or kept under house arrest. "If officers in the state government are to be believed mobile internet is going down now, an unofficial curfew is going to start and mainstream leaders are going to be detained. No idea who to believe and where this is heading," he tweeted. "I believe I’m being placed under house arrest from midnight tonight & the process has already started for other mainstream leaders. No way of knowing if this is true but if it is then I’ll see all of you on the other side of whatever is in store. Allah save us," the NC leader said.
According to sources, internet services will be suspended in the Valley from Monday till August 15. A source told News18 that all Kashmir University examinations scheduled to be held from August 5 to August 10 have also been postponed.
Abdullah further said that government's decision to stop Amarnath Yatra, citing security concerns and intelligence inputs about the possibility of terror attacks, was exposed. "So we can debunk the stories that were being fed to the channels about everything that's been happening in Kashmir over the last few days, including the yatra stoppage, happening because of Pakistan," he added.
rlier on Sunday, leaders of the mainstream political parties in Kashmir held an all party meeting in Srinagar to discuss the prevailing situation in the Valley.
Kashmir remained on edge as authorities stepped up security deployment at vital installations and sensitive areas amid heightened terror threat and flare up of hostilities with Pakistan along the Line of Control (LoC).After the Jammu and Kashmir administration curtailed the Amarnath Yatra and asked pilgrims and tourists to leave the valley at the earliest on Friday, anxious residents continue to throng markets to stock on essentials and serpentine queues have been visible outside shops and fuel stations.
Former India all-rounder Irfan Pathan, the mentor of Jammu and Kashmir state teams who was in Srinagar to oversee the trials for the U-16 (Vijay Merchant Trophy) and U-19 (Cooch Behar Trophy) squads, has left Srinagar, along with the young players. "We have for the time being postponed the second phase of junior team trials...since there has been a government advisory, I had a meeting with Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association...Accordingly, it was decided that boys need to be sent back home," Pathan was quoted as saying by news agency PTI.
Various educational institutions also directed their students to vacate hostels.
Gautam
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

Sec 144 of CrPC imposed until further notice in Srinagar.

Edit: All public institutions, education and govt, closed tomorrow in Jammu as a precaution by order of DM. RAF and other CAPF deployed in all regions of Jammu. Yatra suspended tomorrow.
Last edited by mmasand on 05 Aug 2019 00:39, edited 1 time in total.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

Here is Khan Bahi’s prediction (sticking his neck out a little bit).

This is about a Kashmir land-grab to build a land-bridge to Afghanistan to India can step in once the US leaves.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

cross-post
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7355&p=2369040#p2369040
----------------
Trump's hurry to leave Afghanistan is probably the reason that Bakis got a lot of free passes in recent days. Also, perhaps why Modi/GOI "might" want to move quickly on Kashmir ... if in fact that is the reason for the latest Kashmir political turmoil. May be certain steps taken now, e.g. trifurcation, will allow GOI to isolate Kashmir and deal better with the evolving situation there with the coming changed dynamics in Afghanistan.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4560 ... an-by-2020
Trump told advisers he wants to pull US troops from Afghanistan by 2020 election: report

Update 1: Anujan saar has posted the news a couple of days back. With a hard date like say a month or 2 before election 2020 US presidential elections, the Taliban have the upper hand like the last time.

Update 2: While it will generate immense pressure on our Jammu & Kashmir border, India has progressed from the late 1980's and a few red-lines have been broken along the way, most recently the Air power usage and the No-clear red-lines. BUT that is cold comfort for the cost that India will have to bear in the short term. Perhaps the coming era will prove decisive given that defense will not longer suffice. Real test of Modi is about to begin.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Sonugn wrote:
madhu wrote:OK guys... All access to pak web page will be blocked soon.. Now pak army page is blocked not only for J&K but also rest of India...
Seems Pak has put a geo filter, website not accessible.

"Error 1009 Ray ID: • 2019-08-04 18:02:46 UTC
Access denied
What happened?

The owner of this website (pakistanarmy.gov.pk) has banned the country or region your IP address is in (IN) from accessing this website.
"
If so this is the stupidest thing ever. All you need is a free proxy/vpn and you can still access it.

Not that one would want to access that tripe in the first place though.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

I hope GOI does not do anything hasty or stupid.

Successive governments, including this one never had a coherent Pakistan or JK policy. They had actions and reactions. Yes. But no policy. We invite nawaz sharif. Then ignore Pakistan after an attack. Then attack Pakistan after an attack. What do we want really?

A policy is something with a clear set of objectives. Nobody has any clue what objective India has vis-a-vis Pakistan or JK for that matter. Do we want Pakistan to be like Bangladesh? With a few disagreements here and there. A few troubles here and there. But largely okay. With trade deals and cordial relations. Or do we want Pakistan to be destroyed.

Same thing with JK. What do we want really? It is clear that we can hold the valley with the gun. We've done it for 70+ years. It's also clear that Pakis and Kashmiris find new and innovative ways of creating unrest. There was VBIED attacks. Before that locals storming encounter scenes. Before that, stone pelting. Before that, protest calendar. Before that, attacking check posts and legislature. Before that, killing moderate politicians. Before that, plane highjacking. Before that, border invasion. Before that, occupying mosques and burning them to create unrest. Before that, kidnapping foreign tourists. Before that, pandit genocide....

The list goes on and on.

We have only two options. Destroy Pakistan, hold JK under the gun with a will to commit genocide. Or contain Pakistan, deftly win over JK leaders through bribery and coercion.

Abrogating 35A and 370 and trifurcation sounds soothing and sounds like we have done something. Will not solve the JK problem though. Unless there is a way of political and social reconciliation. Hope GOI knows what it's doing and is not another idea like demonetization.
TushS
BRFite -Trainee

Post by TushS »

Anujan wrote:I hope GOI does not do anything hasty or stupid.

Successive governments, including this one never had a coherent Pakistan or JK policy. They had actions and reactions. Yes. But no policy. We invite nawaz sharif. Then ignore Pakistan after an attack. Then attack Pakistan after an attack. What do we want really?

A policy is something with a clear set of objectives. Nobody has any clue what objective India has vis-a-vis Pakistan or JK for that matter. Do we want Pakistan to be like Bangladesh? With a few disagreements here and there. A few troubles here and there. But largely okay. With trade deals and cordial relations. Or do we want Pakistan to be destroyed.

Same thing with JK. What do we want really? It is clear that we can hold the valley with the gun. We've done it for 70+ years. It's also clear that Pakis and Kashmiris find new and innovative ways of creating unrest. There was VBIED attacks. Before that locals storming encounter scenes. Before that, stone pelting. Before that, protest calendar. Before that, attacking check posts and legislature. Before that, killing moderate politicians. Before that, plane highjacking. Before that, border invasion. Before that, occupying mosques and burning them to create unrest. Before that, kidnapping foreign tourists. Before that, pandit genocide....

The list goes on and on.

We have only two options. Destroy Pakistan, hold JK under the gun with a will to commit genocide. Or contain Pakistan, deftly win over JK leaders through bribery and coercion.

Abrogating 35A and 370 and trifurcation sounds soothing and sounds like we have done something. Will not solve the JK problem though. Unless there is a way of political and social reconciliation. Hope GOI knows what it's doing and is not another idea like demonetization.
I thank god that this government has better state of mind and better officials to handle situation. And also thank that they don't listen to useless comment like above one.