J&K News and Discussion - 2016

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Re: J&K News and Discussion - 2016

Post by ArjunPandit »

periaswamy wrote:This govt.has made it quite explicit that the end goal is to have unified political resolution with J&K groups on both sides of the LoC for a unified J&K state-- this is a long term thing, so I am not saying this resolution is going to happen now or in 2019 or some specific point in time.
When where Swamiji... This talk drama has taken a lot of time and mind space ... There can be no political solution of this problem...esp after obor... Pakistan had been operating with Zia s policy that keep the pot simmering but not boil the pot. We must make terrorism costly for them, just like these pelters can not sustain stone pelting so can't Pakistan given their resources... If we want to be taken seriously at world stage then we have to fight for it in a sustained manner period
periaswamy
BRFite

Post by periaswamy »

ArjunPandit wrote: This talk drama has taken a lot of time and mind space ... There can be no political solution of this problem...esp after obor.
So basically, "surrender early and often to the chinese" is the only way forward? Did I understand you right?
... If we want to be taken seriously at world stage then we have to fight for it in a sustained manner period
fight in a sustained manner by surrendering early and often...I must admit, this has not crossed my mind's eye until now. I see where you are coming from.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

periaswamy wrote:
ArjunPandit wrote: This talk drama has taken a lot of time and mind space ... There can be no political solution of this problem...esp after obor.
So basically, "surrender early and often to the chinese" is the only way forward? Did I understand you right?
... If we want to be taken seriously at world stage then we have to fight for it in a sustained manner period
fight in a sustained manner by surrendering early and often...I must admit, this has not crossed my mind's eye until now. I see where you are coming from.
Surrendering early ..are you seriuos ..when did I say so...
No swamyji, my approach would be to have artillery guns pounding the KKH and the entire LAC to show them who the top dog is in Asia whenever we want them to. For far too long we have been buying time
Last edited by ArjunPandit on 27 Oct 2017 10:06, edited 1 time in total.
periaswamy
BRFite

Post by periaswamy »

No swamyji, my approach would be to have artillery guns pounding the KKH and the entire LAC to show them who the top dog is in Asia whenever we want them to. For far too long we have been buying time
That sounds to me like something the pakis have beem doing to us across the LoC. Do you think that has provided the pakis any results? If not, why do you think such a strategy will help? Don't you think you need to only do actions that lead towards the end state? For that, don't you think you need to have an idea of where you want to be and how you need to get there? what is the goal that will be achieved by pounding artillery across the LAC?
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

are you serious, pakistanis pounding us through artillery guns? Didnt you see the videos of their posts being flattened by IA. Ok I dont have a great idea, would love to hear your proposal
periaswamy
BRFite

Post by periaswamy »

are you serious, pakistanis pounding us through artillery guns?
Yes, they have been doing exactly that for a couple of decades, mostly to provide cover for jihadis to infiltrate across the border and commit terrorism in J&K. As a tactic, that makes sense. But what did it buy the pakis in the long term? Have they managed to gain any territory or otherwise get what they wanted? Was it is even reasonable for them to covet territory that did not belong to them? My question to you is simpler: what is the end goal for India? And how will that goal be achieved by shooting projectiles across the LAC?
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

[url=AoA72https://tribune.com.pk/story/1541430/6-can-interlocutor-help-solve-kashmir/]Kul-Deep Nayar[/url] writing in Baki express tribune
The Kashmiris want the Valley to be converted into a sovereign Islamic republic...
.. I have visited Srinagar as an interlocutor many a time but I could not offer anything near what they wanted.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Pakis were continuously pounding us on LOC from 1989 to Nov 2003 till when the ceasefire came into operation and apart from aa few violations, artillery guns were off the table.

It was only post Parakram did the Pakis feel the cost was not worth it.
periaswamy
BRFite

Post by periaswamy »

Pakis are stupid cretins as a rule, so raising the cost of LoC violations made them step back -- it is India's fault for not doing this sooner. But the pakis have always been "tactically brilliant", so they basically sent terrorists into India for decades at great expense to themselves, in the firm belief that dhoti-clad hindu cowards would just collapse if they followed their tactic long enough. Except, "dhoti-clad hindus" were not cowards (or dhoti-clad, or even hindus) and lobbing shells and sending in terrorists bought them absolutely nothing.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

so conveniently ignoring my question and expecting me to provide you...
1. as for pakis, they were doing things beyond their means on US gifted weapons.
2. The end goal should be at least get the COK and POK. How, certainly not by talking to Hurriyat. it will be taken by military force only. Obviously you are thinking only what has been obvious in past that through the example of pakis.
3. What is your endgame and way to accomplish this? Talking like we had done for last few decades??
periaswamy
BRFite

Post by periaswamy »

I am just asking you questions to understand the outcomes of your plan to lob things across the LAC that will help India. It is okay if you just said stuff without thinking through it.
2. The end goal should be at least get the COK and POK. How, certainly not by talking to Hurriyat. it will be taken by military force only. Obviously you are thinking only what has been obvious in past that through the example of pakis.
If you go back to news reports, GoI is *not* talking to the Hurriyat as MoS Jitendra Singh has mentioned and as I have pointed that out a couple of times in earlier posts. This is the reason for heartburn in the Indo-Pakis in the INC like saifuddin soz -- that the hurriyat is not part of this new initiative.

Secondly, Pakis are losing control of their territory, and they have sold out PoK to China, and the people in PoK are not happy about that at all. Bottomline is that a political resolution in the long term that is in line with India's stance that PoK is territory illegally occupied by Pakistan, is a possible way forward for India to get political control of that region (which can only happen if the people there find it in their interests to join India). There is no military solution. If you think there is, then please spell it out.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

periaswamy wrote:
I am just asking you questions to understand the outcomes of your plan to lob things across the LAC that will help India. It is okay if you just said stuff without thinking through it.
If you go back to news reports, GoI is *not* talking to the Hurriyat as MoS Jitendra Singh has mentioned and as I have pointed that out a couple of times in earlier posts. This is the reason for heartburn in the Indo-Pakis in the INC like saifuddin soz -- that the hurriyat is not part of this new initiative.

Secondly, Pakis are losing control of their territory, and they have sold out PoK to China, and the people in PoK are not happy about that at all. Bottomline is that a political resolution in the long term that is in line with India's stance that PoK is territory illegally occupied by Pakistan, is a possible way forward for India to get political control of that region (which can only happen if the people there find it in their interests to join India). There is no military solution. If you think there is, then please spell it out.
Prabhu pardon, lesser mortals like me havent attained the supraconsciousness. Blinded by maya, we are not rational and dont see human beings so rational/benevolent to follow your advice of peace and love to find solutions politically, at least in this part of the world, although it may happen in deepest layers of your mind in ksheer sagar.
In our part of world weak/puny nations like US, Russia and china solve their problems 'politically', by using SAM dam dand and bheda in "convincing" the populations.
In our human lives getting the control of PoK politically is equivalent to either of us being Ajit Doval or Nardenra modi.
Last points before adminISIS behead either of us: Whom are we going to talk for a political solution in PoK/CoK, Pakistan/China. They must be reading your posts on BRF and getting convinced to gift PoK and CoK to us. Check check, last time it was being discussed, entire current Indian kashmir was to become a open zone. Is that a political solution you aspire for do you think pakis and chinese will give an inch of land what is theirs that too politically and if they give us politically, will they let us govern peacefully? I am now very keen to see what kind of political solution you envisage and how. You might have through this through in your mind 1000s of times, but the lack of depth, practicality and incoherence with past experiences India had is evident
periaswamy
BRFite

Post by periaswamy »

In our part of world weak/puny nations like US, Russia and china solve their problems 'politically', by using SAM dam dand and bheda in "convincing" the populations.
So basically, all you have is sarcasm to back up your ideas. That's just great. Yes, let's just start bombing stuff all over the LAC -- that should fix everything.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Note the slimy b@stard puts the entire onus on India. India must do this, India must do that. Not a word about TSP's pigLeTs and their anti-India obsession.

CRamS has been repeating this many times, but the Congoon traitors are willing to sell Kashmir down the Indus river through the bogus MushRat-Sonia Gandhi 4 point formula, and joint sovereignty is central to that.

I think TSP RAPE will accept that simply because they will be ably supported by Indian traitors under the garb of friendship. So TSP pays no prices for its terrorism, its get de-facto control of valley, and TSP will enjoy the peace dividend of normalized relations with India after this sell out. This is Congoon and other Lutyen elite game plan to break India.
periaswamy
BRFite

Post by periaswamy »

CRamS has been repeating this many time
Periaswamy thinks "Why is CRamS referring to himself in the third person"? Anyway, None of the INC tools can do much about anything now -- AS Dulat was saying something equally silly about talking to pakistan. The govt. has made its stand clear, so the rest is all just talk.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Arjun Pandit ji,

I think many of us are suffering from post-Maino/Manmohan PTSD.

Yes, there used to be a hard binary in J&K policy between use of force (too little, too late) and "uninterruptible" talks/appeasement/sellouts during the bad old days. When the hoori-express switch was (very rarely) on, pappi-jhappi button would be off... or, for the vast majority of the time, the converse would be true.

This GOI is using a much more sophisticated approach. Unlike the Maino/Manmohan regime, they are not simply interested in votebanking, collaborating with Pakistan against Hindu interests, and posturing for the nobel piss prize while kicking the Kashmir can down the road.

I have seen enough to believe there is a strategy at work here with a gimlet focus on the national interest. Just because talks have been announced doesn't mean the pig-slaughter will cease. The exact margins of who is an intractable separatist vs. who is worth talking to have also been redefined completely, with ED going after financial networks and overground workers even as the security forces have been eliminating terrorists.

Danda has been wielded effectively. Bheda has also been achieved in fine-tuned fashion. Now saama and daama will be applied to those who have (for the moment) fallen on the right side of the bheda divide. Unlike in the old days, this does not mean danda or bheda have been retired to the shelf as tactics. They will continue apace.

And no, Pakistan or its proxies will not be part of any discussion with the GOI interlocutors. That is exactly why such squealing taqleef is being expressed by the INC Pak-stooge Saifuddin Soz.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Now BJP says Hurriyat is a Stakeholder??

Jammu and Kashmir Deputy CM says Hurriyat is stakeholder, rules out talks with militants
SRINAGAR: The BJP is holding its first-ever state working committee meeting in Srinagar on Sunday while a senior J&K BJP leader and State Deputy Chief Minister Nirmal Singh said separatist Hurriyat Conference is a stakeholder in talks and ruled out any dialogue with militants.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

A year old video on PoK's struggle.

manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

i believe everyone can be a stakeholder..but all stakeholders should be scared of our danda.. when negotiations happen we should have all the aces... all the danda...
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Dipanker wrote:Now BJP says Hurriyat is a Stakeholder??
Better than Cheatambaram.

Hurrirats are more honorable than the CONgoon cretins. At the very least they will absorb the islamofascists ire for not wanting to join the bakistani islamocysts.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

manjgu wrote:i believe everyone can be a stakeholder..but all stakeholders should be scared of our danda.. when negotiations happen we should have all the aces... all the danda...
Yeah, but you see the extent to which TSP holds the cards in the valley through their Harried rats. For years now, Indian nationalists, dare I say even Congoons, media, even us on BR have been pontificating that Harried rats have no constituency, they are irrelevant bla bla. And here we are kissing up and begging those traitors for talks. Now Chindambaram may be a hypocrite Congoon singing the song of Harried traitors, but I must say I am not impressed with ModiJi's riposte as much as I support this move for a special envoy. The reason being that while ModiJi might talk tough against the rats, whats he going to do if the rats demand TSP be included in talks as they sure will. Or maybe, just maybe, there will be a delicate dance where the rats may meet Singh provided he does not utter the phrase "Indian constitution", while the rats (TSP) will not say "plebiscite", but those talks will be bogus and meaningless.

Question I have though is what is India's end game? TSP is obsessed about the disputed nature of J&K, so are the Harried rats, and for sure the wild west as well. So how will these talks bridge the yawning gap between this so called dispute and J&K is integral part of India? What is India willing to give, and what are the KMs and TSP willing to give?

My gut feel tells me that TSP, through its rats might throw a curved ball and say there must be a "free and fair" election in J&K to decide who will represent "people of Kashmir". In other words, if India does not say "Indian constitution", KMs and TSP will not say "plebiscite". Reason I say that this will be a curve ball is because such a proposal will put India, at least the nationalists, on the back-foot as spoiler if we do not agree to such an election. Basically such a proposal will be a de-facto plebiscite. Or another option that PDP (so called "soft separatists") will put out the MushRat Sonia Gandhi "joint sovereignty" proposal. Either proposal is unacceptable to Indian nationalists.

Thus, I would hope and pray that there is no U-turn on the part of BJP, talks within Indian constitution must be a pre-condition, or else its downhill.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

CRamS wrote:Yeah, but you see the extent to which TSP holds the cards in the valley through their Harried rats.
You are assuming that only baki-pasand rats will be given airtime., what if it is exactly reverse? That Baki-napasand rats are given air time? Or what about Desh-pasand Rats?

With a limited vision., it is easy to ignore 2/3rd of the other spectrum.

Think why Cheatambaram had to croak now and why the CONgoons has to distance immediately from Cheatambaram's croak? Think what constituency in Bakistan or Cheen is squeezing Cheatambaram and his Junior? Who are they proxying for?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

If we go back in time to when Modi landed in Lahore I am sure we will find many posters/posts assuming the worst and making it out as a baki victory of a sort. Even then I had written that such a visit should be considered as part of diplomatic maneuvering and nothing more. Same with Susma Swaraj's visit to Bakistan to attend some conference and all the sweet talk and the "pledge" to start the composite comprehensive dialog. Where are we now of those two "initiatives" taken by Modi? :rotfl: Some years down the line those "events" are nothing more than blips when put into a border context.

In my book, the GOI is "allowed" to take a step forward IF I am assured that it will be followed by 2 steps back. Such dance routine are part and parcel of diplomacy / governance. Funny thing is the bakis don't believe Modi GOI is sincere after their experience of the past 3+ years even while some folks on this forum fret about rats.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

why are the hurryrats scared of pakis? because the pakis hold the danda in the valley...the day our danda rules..there will be peace. children/family of hurrirats have to meet their 72 virgin to show who rules in valley !
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

manjgu wrote:why are the hurryrats scared of pakis? because the pakis hold the danda in the valley...the day our danda rules..there will be peace. children/family of hurrirats have to meet their 72 virgin to show who rules in valley !
Because they fear that they'll suffer the same fate as Abdul Ghani Lone. The also know that they can safely badmouth India and Indians and get away with it for perpetuity.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

manjgu wrote:why are the hurryrats scared of pakis? because the pakis hold the danda in the valley...the day our danda rules..there will be peace. children/family of hurrirats have to meet their 72 virgin to show who rules in valley !
First and foremost, should the rats deviate from the TSP script, bullets will be drilled through their skulls based on orders from ISI HQ in Pindi. So basically, they are signing onto a death wish by going against TSP (recall Abdul Gani Lone, Fukroo's dad whatever his name was, and Hizbul commander Abdul Masjid Dar who wanted to reconcile with India). The rats can get away by puking on India as "we are a democracy onlee". Having said that, there is no denying that KMs including rats do have a kinship for their TSP lovers, how much really should they express their independent opinion, I am not sure. My best guess, reading Kashmir past 2 decades is that KM elites would want some kind of independence, but won't mind becoming puppets and vassals in the hands of the west. They believe that once they are independent, given their location, natural beauty etc, western investment will follow, and everything will be hunky dory.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Art 35A decision has been deferred by 3 months by SC in lieu of AG asking time for the interlocutor. It is either something is cooking or the last chance like the Pandavas in MB.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

So discussing Chidamabaram and Gogoi views on autonomy to Kashmir would that be discussing polices of Congress?

In my view no.
For anything that deviates from national policy is worth discussing here.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Rudradev wrote:Arjun Pandit ji,

I think many of us are suffering from post-Maino/Manmohan PTSD.

And no, Pakistan or its proxies will not be part of any discussion with the GOI interlocutors. That is exactly why such squealing taqleef is being expressed by the INC Pak-stooge Saifuddin Soz.
Rudradevji, my hunch is similar, but there is nothing to show any chanikian to support it so far. My concern is primarily towards the mindspace of Namo AD, which should be better utilized in fine tuning ram nam sat of napakistan and china. May be it is but I cant see it right now. Again if we want to shed the image of soft nation, then Kashmir is the first place we should begin. Doklam established we're not a pushover, but to show that we are ready to bleed others and if required others. Here, we have opponents who are no match for Indian state by any means. If black panthers can be assassinated in main cities of US then these traiters of Hurriyat and separatists should be blown to smithereens.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

CONgress does not have the ability to change anything in the valley. They can't modify the radical islamist ideas of the youth - far from it, they can only fan it in the hopes of electoral dividents. Same for the Abdullah clan.
If you ask them this question, they will slyly claim that they have to side with the youth to build some street credo, but they support India onlee. The moment you turn your back, they are upto no good and fanning separatism or worse, radical islamism.
These stupid politicians have made a mess of the politics in the valley - constantly spoiling the petulant child, never having the balls to discipline them - that bad name is to be shafted off the to JK Police, CRPF and the Army. Meanwhile the morally corrupt Politician-Media-Separatist network works towards milking the center for more money, while keeping the issue alive in perpetuity.

Any new round of talks is manna and bonanza from dilli heaven for these guys
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

The best way forward in Kashmir valley is to threaten them with realizing their wettest of wet dreams, i.e. we tell them, "hey we are done with you guys, we are going to walk out and leave you to fend for yourself/set up an Islamic state as per your dreams/merge with Pakistan. Regardless of what you do, you and all future generations are never going to set foot in India. Best of luck".

That will put the fear of allah into them.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

yensoy wrote:The best way forward in Kashmir valley is to threaten them with realizing their wettest of wet dreams, i.e. we tell them, "hey we are done with you guys, we are going to walk out and leave you to fend for yourself/set up an Islamic state as per your dreams/merge with Pakistan. Regardless of what you do, you and all future generations are never going to set foot in India. Best of luck".

And you are confident about this working because.. ?
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Or may be shoot on sight for any over ground workers active trying to defend any rat.

10 killed a day and no one will be left after one season to carry on with over ground support.
brvarsh
BRFite

Post by brvarsh »

I can't seem to remember any separatist leader that India has ever expelled or exiled. Indian approach to terror is to keep the separatists on its soil and expire their movement through their age.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Best way to deal with Jihad fervor is to do irreversible castration of terrorists. The sit back and watch problem disappear in few years .
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

yensoy wrote:The best way forward in Kashmir valley is to threaten them with realizing their wettest of wet dreams, i.e. we tell them, "hey we are done with you guys, we are going to walk out and leave you to fend for yourself/set up an Islamic state as per your dreams/merge with Pakistan. Regardless of what you do, you and all future generations are never going to set foot in India. Best of luck".

This was what was done in 1947!
The INC walas at that time said, that this country will fail in 10 years and beg to be let back in.

The future is going to be that the Pakis are going to stand at India's doorstep, crying to be let back in. 400% sure of this eventuality.

Now, for the high testosterone youth in the Valley - haramigiri needs to be dealt with with police action.
For the old slimeballs, who cynically encourage mayhem by these youth, their corrupt ways needs to be exposed and they need to be sent to the sarkari khatirdari in prison. They are taking money from the ISI and getting the youth to indulge in mayhem. One big bamboo needs to be given here.

Their economic dependence on Pakistani income has to be ended. They are sitting on their musharrafs and taking money from the ISI and causing this mayhem. They have to do a regular job like the rest of the 1.2 billion indians, make money the right way, pay their taxes etc
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

And we will work again to defend our territory. These vermins will again try to sneak in. These are revisionist in true sense. They will then immigrate like Bdeshi/Rohingyas into India. Posters below have described the second most accurate option, the first one obviously being sterilizing them
periaswamy
BRFite

Post by periaswamy »

Pakis are getting their backsides handed to them on a platter across the LoC, and the local kashmiri jihadi crowd does not have the money to create their terrorism, so unless the pakis in the Congress Party and National Conference come up with some new shenanigans, the paki-jihadis are not going to be considered a legitimate party for interacting with the GoI. There is a long way to go before the paki house of cards falls down, so GoI will manage the situation until the time is right. Already Sindh and Balochistan are rising up in rebellion. NWFP has been as basket case and out of control of paki army for a decade or more. Only Pakjab remains under the control of the Paki govt.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

Gagan wrote:

This was what was done in 1947!
The INC walas at that time said, that this country will fail in 10 years and beg to be let back in.
It was done (like many other things historically) in a half-assed way. Railway links between India and newly created Pak were intact, people were allowed to travel across to visit relatives during summer vacation and that kind of stuff.

This threat must be of a "seal all hatches" type. For a start, we need to build a fortification to isolate the Kashmir valley to show that we mean business.

And finally, this is merely a threat. No bloody way in hell are we walking out of there.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »