J&K News and Discussion - 2016

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Narad
BRFite

Re: J&K News and Discussion - 2016

Post by Narad »

mmasand wrote:Sec 144 of CrPC imposed until further notice in Srinagar.

Edit: All public institutions, education and govt, closed tomorrow in Jammu as a precaution by order of DM. RAF and other CAPF deployed in all regions of Jammu. Yatra suspended tomorrow.
Sec 144 now extended to jammu, rajauri, udhampur and reasi districts.
Mobile internet and broadband suspended. Omar Abdulla, Mehbooba Mufti and few other seperatists under house arrest.
Governor chairs high level emergency meet at midnight.
All indications of abrogation of 35A by an executive presidential order on Monday or Tuesday
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Anujan wrote:I

Abrogating 35A and 370 and trifurcation sounds soothing and sounds like we have done something. Will not solve the JK problem though. Unless there is a way of political and social reconciliation. Hope GOI knows what it's doing and is not another idea like demonetization.
The problem India has as we all know is that there is a so called 'internal' dimension as well as 'external'.

The external of course is TSP. Internal is the KM traitors who want secession.

The theoretical solution to both of these as you allude to is to make TSP behave or better still annihilate TSP, meaning break it up into pieces so they cannot create any hara kiri.

And once TSP is castrated, the 'internal' dimension automatically gets resolved in a heart beat. The same Mehboobas, the Abdullahs, the same Hurriyats will bend down on their knees and beg Indian govt for p!ss and well settle as another Indian state.

Now as you know, this is a wet dream. TSP is not going anywhere and they have the capacity to thwart any move by India through terrorism and eliminating any overt pro-India leader in the valley.

So I think Indian govt under ModiJI is trying something different.

Blanket the valley with firepower, squeeze the boobs and balls of KM traitor leaders like Mehbooba and Abdullah and Hurriyat, and then eliminate this aparthed article 35A.

With all the traitors under house arrest, will be tough for them to orchestrate a street rebellion, and here I hope Indian army shoots at sight any KM traitors who dares defy the curfew, and bring the situation under control in 10-15 days.

And in due course it will become fait accompli and the KM traitors know India means business. I admit, its a gamble. The wild card as always is TSP.

If TSP successfully engineers a massive conflagration, all bets are off and India will be faced with an 'international situation', Trump might repeat his calls for mediation, and so will the western lackeys of US.

On the other hand , if TSP is thwarted and all they can do is issue summons and beg Trump for mediation, India will have won.

And if the resulting status quo can be maintained, in due course, the hope is TSP and its KM proxies will see the futility of armed terrorism and will negotiate a reasonable denouement. I repeat, its a gamble by ModiJi & Co, and I am sure they have gamed all possible trajectories.

Key question on my mind though. Why has Indian govt arrested Sajjad Lone? I thought he was pretty much pro-India and that too quite overtly with his alliance with BJP? Or is it the case he panicked as ISI pointed the gun at him, and he ran scared and decided to go the way of the other traitors?

---

Edited by Moderator (KM): Please keep a control on your language. Don't unecessarily drag BRF into trouble. This same kind of loose talk cost us the previous forum.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Rishirishi
BRFite

Post by Rishirishi »

[quote]I hope GOI does not do anything hasty or stupid.

Successive governments, including this one never had a coherent Pakistan or JK policy. They had actions and reactions. Yes. But no policy. We invite nawaz sharif. Then ignore Pakistan after an attack. Then attack Pakistan after an attack. What do we want really?

A policy is something with a clear set of objectives. Nobody has any clue what objective India has vis-a-vis Pakistan or JK for that matter. Do we want Pakistan to be like Bangladesh? With a few disagreements here and there. A few troubles here and there. But largely okay. With trade deals and cordial relations. Or do we want Pakistan to be destroyed.

Same thing with JK. What do we want really? It is clear that we can hold the valley with the gun. We've done it for 70+ years. It's also clear that Pakis and Kashmiris find new and innovative ways of creating unrest. There was VBIED attacks. Before that locals storming encounter scenes. Before that, stone pelting. Before that, protest calendar. Before that, attacking check posts and legislature. Before that, killing moderate politicians. Before that, plane highjacking. Before that, border invasion. Before that, occupying mosques and burning them to create unrest. Before that, kidnapping foreign tourists. Before that, pandit genocide....

The list goes on and on.

We have only two options. Destroy Pakistan, hold JK under the gun with a will to commit genocide. Or contain Pakistan, deftly win over JK leaders through bribery and coercion.

Abrogating 35A and 370 and trifurcation sounds soothing and sounds like we have done something. Will not solve the JK problem though. Unless there is a way of political and social reconciliation. Hope GOI knows what it's doing and is not another idea like demonetization.[quote]

There is a teacing in Islam. show me a place to stand, and I will make a place to sleep.

Perhaps it is time all indians are allowed to purchase land in Kashmir.
Last edited by Rishirishi on 05 Aug 2019 03:33, edited 1 time in total.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

tongues wagging, speculations mount , as per insiders tomorrow is moment of truth!
here is coupta ji analysing why suddent move on JK, scary to say the least !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4NLgx7r9zQ
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Anujan wrote: Abrogating 35A and 370 and trifurcation sounds soothing and sounds like we have done something. Will not solve the JK problem though. Unless there is a way of political and social reconciliation. Hope GOI knows what it's doing and is not another idea like demonetization.
I don't think that anybody is deluded enough to think that they will 'solve' the problem by a few actions. However I believe that the direction is to salami slice the problem to make it more manageable, with incremental 'offensive defense' steps. This would be a break from Congress govts of the recent past and even NDA1 where the status quo was adhered to at all costs, accompanied by shrill whining about how insurmountable the problem was.

Even if trifurcation of the state doesn't improve the situation in the valley, or makes it worse in the short term, it at least frees the innocent population of Ladakh and Jammu from the clutches of the malcontents in the valley (by extension, Pakistan), and lets them join the rest of the country and move on with development and progress.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

IndraD wrote:tongues wagging, speculations mount , as per insiders tomorrow is moment of truth!
Inline with what I had written in my last post. He has put it better than I had.

1. Status quo on Kashmir is over. (vs Modi/GOI "might" want to move quickly on Kashmir)
2. India will do its own thing to protect its interests now that the Indo-US consensus on Afghanistan has broken. He is hinting that India will heat up the LOC to prevent bakis from putting all resources on the AfPak border. We are going to try and disrupt America's plan for Afghanistan by engaging Bakistan inside and on its eastern border. (vs. ... defense will not longer suffice. Real test of Modi is about to begin.)
3. Trump's hurry to withdraw from Afghanistan is the trigger for Modi/GOI's out of the blue moves.

It will especially be scary for folks who live along the borders and the whole of J&K and the effects will definitely spillover to the rest of India one way or the other. There is no way around it. We are entering a period when history will be made.

I agree with Coupta that the Bakis cannot be allowed to dictate the time of peace or the time of action along the LOC. That "reactionary" posture of India seems to be over. Going forward we have to make the LOC hot precisely when bakis would want it to be cool to focus on AfPak.

Additionally, the display of the American sniper rifle makes even more sense now than before. Who knows when it was recovered but that is was put on display now was a signal to America. Pieces have started moving on the chess board.
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

pankajs wrote:
IndraD wrote:tongues wagging, speculations mount , as per insiders tomorrow is moment of truth!
Inline with what I had written in my last post. He has put it better than I had.

2. India will do its own thing to protect its interests now that the Indo-US consensus on Afghanistan has broken. He is hinting that India will heat up the LOC to prevent bakis from putting all resources on the AfPak border. We are going to try and disrupt America's plan for Afghanistan by engaging Bakistan inside and on its eastern border. (vs. ... defense will not longer suffice. Real test of Modi is about to begin.)
Indian security deployment in the last 2 weeks has been limited to police and paramiltary. No news reports seen of IA brigades/companies sent into J&K. I think this action seems to be primarily focussed within J&K borders; any cross-border role, as afar as I can see will be defensive in nature i.e. no different from what was being done 1 month and 3 months ago. Otherwise there would be need for additional IA troops.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^^
India will not start heating up the border immediately but as the situation between Trump/Taliban/Bakistan unfolds which is still in the future.

If my/our "guess" is correct, the current action is in preparation to the preparation (35a/370/trifurcation/etc) to "active" Indian action on the border in response to a future agreement between Trump/Taliban/Bakistan.

Also, Army/RR units freed from duties taken over by CRPF/etc can now be re-allocated to other more pressing tasks like hunting pigs and at the LOC.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Sending more CAPF into Srinagar and other areas frees up RR and other IA units to deploy further, and closer to the LOC.
SriKumar wrote:
pankajs wrote: Inline with what I had written in my last post. He has put it better than I had.

Indian security deployment in the last 2 weeks has been limited to police and paramiltary. No news reports seen of IA brigades/companies sent into J&K. I think this action seems to be primarily focussed within J&K borders; any cross-border role, as afar as I can see will be defensive in nature i.e. no different from what was being done 1 month and 3 months ago. Otherwise there would be need for additional IA troops.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

pankajs wrote:[
2. India will do its own thing to protect its interests now that the Indo-US consensus on Afghanistan has broken. He is hinting that India will heat up the LOC to prevent bakis from putting all resources on the AfPak border. We are going to try and disrupt America's plan for Afghanistan by engaging Bakistan inside and on its eastern border. (vs. ... defense will not longer suffice. Real test of Modi is about to begin.).
Please elaborate a bit more in this. Why would India want to invite more scum from the Afghan border to it's own borders? The way I see it, if loc is heated up afpak will cool down.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^^
That is exactly what I have written.

We heat up heat up LOC and keep a substantial number of baki troops tied down on the LOC. We don't allow them to deploy any substantial force on the AfPak border with constant threats to Lahore/Sialkot/Muzaffarabad/Skardu. Till now India has been tied down and the bakis dictated the level of activity on the LOC but we must reverse that. It may even fail to pacify Afghanistan to its satisfaction and thus disrupt their aim. Whatever scums from AfPak the bakis do manage to divert to LOC must be dealt within Bakistan.

In the future, we must make every effort to fight Bakis and its bunnies inside Bakistan and not in our side of LOC.

Lastly, "disrupt America's plan for Afghanistan" must be read as "disrupt Bakistan's plan for Afghanistan". American plan for Afghanistan will be a collateral damage but we don't care because they don't care about our concerns wrt Afghanistan.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

What is the analysis of the Army **AND** Air Force being put on alert, along with asking Amarnath yatris to go back? What does IAF have to do with Art. 35 and stone-throwing?

I wish Navy had also been put on alert. Would have boosted stock of ROLAIDS and Pepto Bismol in Karachi and Islamagood.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

And here it comes: while ppl here are arm-chair-jarnailling AfPak and DupliCity: Mehbooba Mutti and others put under house arrest.
"As per the order there shall be no movement of public and all educational institutions shall also remain closed," a statement by the government of Jammu and Kashmir, which is currently under central rule, said on Sunday night. The order said the indefinite security restrictions will be applicable in the main district of Srinagar.

Indian media reports said some pro-India :roll: leaders from the region have been placed under house arrest, including former chief ministers Mehbooba Mufti and Omar Abdullah.

The measures came after the Indian government moved 10,000 troops to the region last week, followed by an unprecedented order asking tourists and Hindu pilgrims to leave the Himalayan valley.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 05 Aug 2019 06:37, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

CRS,
In an apoplectic fit, don't forget biology.
What kind of statement is that?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

UB, IN on alert or not won't be disclosed no?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

ramana wrote:UB, IN on alert or not won't be disclosed no?
I assume IN is always on alert, but why announce Army **AND** AF alert and leave Navy out? Air Force means Pak attack expected. Maybe massive infilitration across Kupwara as usual in summer. IAF may have been authorized to napalm the forest cover and fricasse the pakis.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

144CrPC imposed: total ban on meetings, rallies etc. NO curfew. Here is "Friend of India" Abdullah:
former state Chief Minister Farooq Abdullah chaired a meeting of political leaders from the region, who issued a statement, warning "against any tinkering with the special status of the region" as guaranteed under Article 35A of the Indian constitution.
READ MORE
Kashmir: Tension rises as citizenship rights law under threat
The statement said the region's political parties "remain united … in their resolve to protect the autonomy and special status" of Kashmir.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

UlanBatori wrote:What is the analysis of the Army **AND** Air Force being put on alert, along with asking Amarnath yatris to go back? What does IAF have to do with Art. 35 and stone-throwing?

I wish Navy had also been put on alert. Would have boosted stock of ROLAIDS and Pepto Bismol in Karachi and Islamagood.
If they are abrogating special status for J&K, then giving Pakistan a good & public kicking is a necessary pre-requisite for keeping a lid on things in J&K, otherwise things could go out of hand.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Little bit older news.

Three labourers arrested in Hisar for allegedly spying for Pakistan, video clips recovered
https://zeenews.india.com/india/three-l ... 24414.html
Three persons have been arrested from Hisar in Haryana for allegedly spying on Indian Army and sharing information through social media platforms with operatives in Pakistan. The police recovered mobile video clips, photographs and some WhatsApp voice messages from their possession.

The arrested suspects were employed as labourers in the construction of new mess building in the Army cantonment area. They were employed by the civil construction company entrusted with constructing the mess building.
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

Gotta give it to Modu ji, he is running most hermetically sealed govt ever! No one knows nothing until he himself reveals!!!
naird
BRFite

Post by naird »

Katare wrote:Gotta give it to Modu ji, he is running most hermetically sealed govt ever! No one knows nothing until he himself reveals!!!
Beats me on how he does it ! Many people have to be involved in the planning - right from pmos to babus to armed forces. Not a single leak. Has to be a case study.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

RamanaGaru, sorry boss, I will retract that language on Mehbooba and co. But I hope you agree with substance of what I am saying in response to Anujan.
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

i hope that Art 370 and Art 35 A is repealed today itself. they are evil, gender discrimatory, and contribute to the rise of islamic fascism.
venkat_r
BRFite

Post by venkat_r »

At this point any movement away from status quo is good movement.

Till now Modi govt has been able to show that they are able to take new and bold steps with respect to Kashmir and especially dealing with Pakistan, it is time that they take at least some steps, GOI has never had it so good, majority in the house, favorable public opinion, TSP in siht, better leaders, great NSA, and also a favorable international environment.

It is time to move away from Status Quo, not sure of which steps or the sequence, but kudos if this govt can take any decision on 35A or trifurcation, interested and excited to read their take on it and what they announce.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Putting my political pandit hat on:
With elections around the corner, just abrogating 370/35A would hand over a massive issue to Kashmir based politicians to run with which would mean that any party or group favorable to BJP will stand no chance, heck would not even come out of the house during elections. Even some of the Jammu based folks like Devinder Rana (Brother of Dr. Jitender Singh, minister in PMO) will denounce it. This may win BJP some seats from Jammu region but that would not be sufficient even if BJP sweeps the election.
What this would mean is return of Anti-India forces in the assembly and would be at liberty to pass any resolution or law.
Unless it is about trifurcation of the state, Politically it would make not much of sense to me.

If the state is split along J&K&L, what would be status of PoK/GB and Aksai Chin ? Would we now demand them as separate entities or as part of erstwhile state of J&K.
One thing is for sure, Not even Sachin had as impeccable timing as Modi Ji and Amit Shah.
PS: Of Course national interests supersede everything but as they say, all politics is local.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Integrated.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

wig wrote:i hope that Art 370 and Art 35 A is repealed today itself. they are evil, gender discrimatory, and contribute to the rise of islamic fascism.
I will be bit disappointed if J&K is left in its present shape and condition. Jingo heart wants trifurcation of the state with a slice of land for KP's forming a natural boundary between Jammu and Kashmir. I will be the first one to purchase a piece of land their and host BRF Jirga.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

I am not sure what "blanketing valley with firepower" actually means. People of JK are Indian citizens, why don't we treat them like Indian citizens?

Are JK politicians that different?

I despise people like Mayawati, Didi, Karunanidi or Akilesh Yadav. They work out complex equations of dalit, OBC, bengali pride, LTTE, Tamil Pride along with corruption, goondaism and nepotism. Despite that, the Union has been kept intact by coercing, cajoling, co-opting them through a combination of CBI raids, electoral tie ups, cabinet berths and defections. Their politics are abhorrent, the methods are messy, but political tamasha goes on with violence under control and 70+ years after independence, the Union is intact and here we are with hope for the future. And oh, we have TV channels with good TRP and people screaming "nation wants to know", which is good entertainment after a long day at work which is a nice bonus apart from keeping the Union intact and the population pacified.

How different are Mehbooba Mufti, Omar Abdullah and the Hurriyat ilk? Dont get me wrong here, I despise them with more fervor than didi, behenji, RaGa or MK. The JK ilk play the same game as the heartland ilk, except with Religion, Pakistan, money laundering and terrorists, instead of caste, maoists, money laundering and bandits. They talk about Muslim pride, other parties talk about Lingayat pride or Patidar pride or Marathi pride or Bengali Pride or Dalit Pride. Why is it different? For every dimwit like Mirwaiz, we have dimwits like Jignesh Mewani or Khanaiyya Kumar. The people know which side the bread is buttered and except for a good laugh Jignesh Mewani or Khanaiyya Kumar have been made irrelevant. Did anyone want to "blanket them with firepower"? Or did drawing them out in an election and drubbing them for all to see give a much more satisfying result?

Dont come and tell me that our idea is to kill our way out of this mess rather than bribing and CBI raiding our way out of this mess.

Kashmir valley will be Muslim majority for the near future. No government had the will nor the wherewithal to re-settle even Pandits. Why will abrogating 35A suddenly change demographics?

Okay, tell me, which state in India actually welcomes people from out of state? Shiv sena was built on "marathi manoos vs rest" complaint. People in Bangalore hate telugu and tamil influx from IT, there seems to be a "bihari" problem everywhere, Orissa hates the Bengali "invaders".

"Blanketing the valley with firepower" and getting rid of 35A and 370 through presidential order will mean that bribe-able and coerceable people will get into us-vs-them politics or will become irrelevant. Our idea of winning over JK population was to put the state under president's rule, send in paramilitary and try to pass presidential decrees, trifurcate the state or worse? And oh we want to cut off the internet there while we are at it?

Run an electoral coalition, privately send an ultimatum to Mehbooba or Omar or whoever, crack down on financial networks, make the hurrirats irrelevant, get the traders used to the good life with lots of loans and lots of profits so they stone Geelani next time he wants to issue a protest calendar and shut down the shops, get a free hand to go after terrorists, bribe everyone, make sure JK students disperse all across india and get out of their insular world view and deftly get a few laws passed in the state legislature.

Yes it is not satisfying at all.

And oh, before wanting to "blanket the valley with firepower", pray tell me how many of you enjoy going to a police station for a legitimate complaint?
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Anujan wrote:Run an electoral coalition, privately send an ultimatum to Mehbooba or Omar or whoever, crack down on financial networks, make the hurrirats irrelevant, get the traders used to the good life with lots of loans and lots of profits so they stone Geelani next time he wants to issue a protest calendar and shut down the shops, get a free hand to go after terrorists, bribe everyone, make sure JK students disperse all across india and get out of their insular world view and deftly get a few laws passed in the state legislature.
Isn't this exactly what we have been doing so far?

And what about Bakistan?
Anujan wrote:And oh, before wanting to "blanket the valley with firepower", pray tell me how many of you enjoy going to a police station for a legitimate complaint?
I fail to see the correlation between the first and second halves of your statement. Could you please clarify?
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Bakistan will remain Bakistan, get FATF on them, issue government subsidies to every industry that Pakistan exports so our exports are cheaper than them. Have financial intelligence track every Paki politician and Jernail and leak details of their ill gotten wealth and destabilize them. Tell every major arms manufacturer that if they sell a screw to Pakistan, they cannot participate in selling a plane to India. Identify and bribe people like Altaf Bhai. And do a few balakots to keep them in place.

What I meant by
"And oh, before wanting to "blanket the valley with firepower", pray tell me how many of you enjoy going to a police station for a legitimate complaint?"
is that if you do not like going to the police station, how would you like it if police station came to you. Which is what exactly CRPF is.

Again, dont get me wrong here. The poor souls in CRPF have paid in blood to keep the Union intact by breaking up riots and making sure the Maoists do not get the upper hand. All I am saying is that they are the tool of the last resort, not the first idea that should come to anyone's mind. Which what seems to be happening in all of the discussions here.

I hope if the valley is declared as a union territory, atleast it is a UT of Puducherry type with a legislative assembly and not the lakshwadeep type with direct central rule. Politicians are inept, It is good to give the population a chance to hate their chief minister instead of hating India.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

I agree with Anujan.

If this is some attempt to abrogate articles of the Constitution by executive fiat, it will backfire. Not only will it backfire, it will be tremendously damaging to Indian Democracy.

Far smarter to:
1. Redraw the state legislature constituencies to better reflect principles of fair representation & make sure Jammu & Ladhak have their voices heard (this was on the cards anyway).
2. When Jammu & Ladhak have their voices recognized in the legislature, then legitimately split the state into 3, with the State Government’s approval (Jammu & Ladhak want out of J&K anyways) - which will automatically nullify the problematic articles in the Constitution.

That is why I am hopeful that it is NOT some constitutionally shady stuff, but some reprisal against Pakistan for a failed terror.
Last edited by khan on 05 Aug 2019 09:48, edited 1 time in total.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

If we need to clean up the current mess we need the following:

1. Void the legislation that gives Kashmir special status.
2. Declare the districts that have a history of disturbance as a union territory.
3. Conduct elections in the rest of the state.

That will be the end of Abdullahs and Muftis. Continue the development agenda and then over time merge the union territory into the state.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Anujan, please, let set emotions and idealism aside and cast this out of the window

How different are Mehbooba Mufti, Omar Abdullah and the Hurriyat ilk? Dont get me wrong here, I despise them with more fervor than didi, behenji, RaGa or MK. The JK ilk play the same game as the heartland ilk, except with Religion, Pakistan, money laundering and terrorists, instead of caste, maoists, money laundering and bandits.
Are you being naive? The above snakes that you cite, the most venomous being the Harried rats, actively collude with TSP to break India. Also please cut this BS about KMs being 'our people'. Every one of them wants secession. So, yes 'blanketing the valley with massive firepower' with shoot at sight orders should they attempt to break the peace, while apartheid articles like 370 and 35A go, is indeed the right approach. India has treated this bigoted scum with kid gloves and they have held India to ransom. And how can anyone forget their diabolical crimes against humanity that they inflicted on Hindu Pandits. How long can India take this crap lying down?

BTW: I don't know if indeed all this is about 370 and 35A, Perhaps we are in for a big shock when ModiJi actually reveals the details.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

williams wrote:
1. Void the legislation that gives Kashmir special status.
The issue is, the special status stuff is in the Constitution, not legislation. Not on that, the special status stuff in the Constitution cannot be changed without consent of the J&K Govt/Legislature.

So, if done the right way, it is hard to do - but doable as I outlined in my last post.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Got the following article fully endorsed by Ajay Shukla on his twitter feed. We all know what a snake Iftikar Geelani is. So read it with that perspective. He is suggesting that Kashmir can be settled along the lines of the Good Friday agreement in Northern Ireland. And he goes on to add that in fact MushRat-MMS formula was along these lines and MMS all but gave the green signal

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/brexit- ... l-/1546785

The nine-point formula was 1. Reducing violence by controlling cross-border movements of militants and dismantling terror infrastructure. 2. Demilitarization by reducing the military footprint on both sides starting with the withdrawal of troops from civilian areas. 3. Self-governance by strengthening Article 370 (special provision in Indian Constitution) and identical measures of self-governance on the Pakistani side. 4. Holding free and fair elections open to the scrutiny of international observers and the media on both sides. 5. Allowing both countries to hold administrative control of one or two regions to address Pakistan’s obsession with the Gilgit-Baltistan part of Kashmir, its gateway to China. 6. Constituting a joint body of elected government-nominated representatives to monitor cross Line of Control (LoC) trade, tours, travel etc. 7. Evolving common policies in development and water resources. 8. Setting up a monitoring process by allowing the foreign ministers of the two countries to meet annually for monitoring the progress of the agreement, which was to be reviewed after 15 years. 9. Signing a treaty of peace, security and friendship after addressing outstanding issues in order to give the countries a stake in each other’s economic development.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

CRamS wrote:Anujan, please, let set emotions and idealism aside and cast this out of the window

How different are Mehbooba Mufti, Omar Abdullah and the Hurriyat ilk? Dont get me wrong here, I despise them with more fervor than didi, behenji, RaGa or MK. The JK ilk play the same game as the heartland ilk, except with Religion, Pakistan, money laundering and terrorists, instead of caste, maoists, money laundering and bandits.
Are you being naive? The above snakes that you cite, the most venomous being the Harried rats, actively collude with TSP to break India. Also please cut this BS about KMs being 'our people'. Every one of them wants secession. So, yes 'blanketing the valley with massive firepower' with shoot at sight orders should they attempt to break the peace, while apartheid articles like 370 and 35A go, is indeed the right approach. India has treated this bigoted scum with kid gloves and they have held India to ransom. And how can anyone forget their diabolical crimes against humanity that they inflicted on Hindu Pandits. How long can India take this crap lying down?

BTW: I don't know if indeed all this is about 370 and 35A, Perhaps we are in for a big shock when ModiJi actually reveals the details.
Let me get this clear, you are actually calling for killing Indian citizens? All of them? And that is because some section of their population was involved in killing Pandits?
williams wrote: That will be the end of Abdullahs and Muftis. Continue the development agenda and then over time merge the union territory into the state.
Pray tell me who will fill the void created by ending Abdullahs and Muftis. There will be Salahuddins and Wanis. If you want to end Abdullahs and Muftis, end them through an electoral process.

Nobody misses Jyoti Basu in WB. If Didi goes in next election, everyone will say "good riddance". There is a good reason for that.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

CRamS wrote:Anujan, please, let set emotions and idealism aside and cast this out of the window

Are you being naive? T
1) well said CramS ...indeed... for all her ills, Mayawati feels a stake in India..she sees herself as a potential PM. The kashmiri cabal is anti national to the core. Its just that they cant do a sh.t about it. I think 35A should go... trifurcation is a option but i dont know how then u can change demography of kashmir valley? land is not something that is available in plenty in kashmir valley. who is gonna buy and do what there...these are some of the options to be considered. 2) unlike other anti terrorist ops by security forces around the world , no migration of people has happened towards pakistan due to IA anti terror ops. I think India should open some kind of exit point towards Pakistan and encourage people to migrate to pakistan. the KM who side with the terrorists should feel the heat and be encouraged to leave the valley.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Anujan, no I am not. Please don't put words in my mouth. I said if anybody attempts to derail peace then they be treated as enemy. I hope you won't, but try arguing with a cop in US when they stop you for something, and see what he does. He shoots first and then talks. Is that tantamount to wantonly killing American citizens? No, its enforcement of law and order.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

nobody will miss abdullahs and muftis in kashmir as well... i think its good they go because they provide a veneer of respectability to anti national sentiments. let it be clear who is with us and who is against us.