J&K News and Discussion - 2016

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
rpartha
BRFite

Re: J&K News and Discussion - 2016

Post by rpartha »

I agree with Anujan for the mere fact that there is no clear example outside that shows the arm twisting that could have been done to make them fall in line. We tried to beg them but so far not bullied them... Probably bullying didnt help?? Kashmir people would be unhappy with their politicians too and we should have done more to win them but again it may be a hopeless case?? But if that is hopeless case how will repealing 35A or 370 will help people on board? I support whatever decision govt is going to make as Kashmir situation has become stagnant and we are pretty much reacting. But I hope GoI has better plan in place...
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

nobody will miss abdullahs and muftis in kashmir as well... i think its good they go because they provide a veneer of respectability to anti national sentiments. let it be clear who is with us and who is against us.
kittoo
BRFite

Post by kittoo »

I disagree. We've been trying to get the kashmiris get used to the good life and all since 3 decades. It hasnt mattered and it wont matter cause Islam trumps all. When push comes to shove, the masses there will choose Islam ocer anything else again and again. Weve tried these methods. Its time to try something different.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

In my former job, had a Kashmiri Muslim colleague. She is very suave, genteel, and fits the perfect definition of a TSP RAPE. Two or 3 times I tried engaging her on Kashmir. The level of contempt she has for us SDREs is staggering. Her dressing style and demeanor will never reveal that she is a a Hindu/Indian hating Jihadi. And I have seen the same from many KMs at various events. Whether they are the the bearded mullah hard core Jihadi types or the RAPE types, they just hate India with contempt. So far from being denied anything, it is their hate that bedevils their relationship with India. It will take many generations to turn Kashmir around, no doubt about that.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Better be a good reason for putting people under house arrest.
bkswarti
BRFite -Trainee

Post by bkswarti »

POOF
Persust and you will be banned permanently
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

manjgu wrote:
CRamS wrote:Anujan, please, let set emotions and idealism aside and cast this out of the window

Are you being naive? T
1) well said CramS ...indeed... for all her ills, Mayawati feels a stake in India..she sees herself as a potential PM. The kashmiri cabal is anti national to the core. Its just that they cant do a sh.t about it.
CRamS wrote: So far from being denied anything, it is their hate that bedevils their relationship with India. It will take many generations to turn Kashmir around, no doubt about that.
So the solution for making them love India is CRPF? And Rashtriya Rifles company? Along with abrogation of 35A? How different is this lady from the Arundati Roy types?

I dont know how old the people in this board are, but I have gone around the sun quite a few times. Some people here get their BP up and burst a blood vessel whenever valley folks yell "AAAAZZZZAAADDIIIIII!!!!!!" and walk down lal chowk,

I get a hearty chuckle.

In my days it was "KASHMEEERRRR BANEEEGAAAA PAKISTAAAAAN!!!!!". And then Pakistan got the 25th IMF loan, Karachi had 6 month power cuts and the Osama crutch company did great business in lahore because every kid there had polio. People in JK saw that on TV.

Some poor clueless sod then yelled "KASHMEEERRRR BANEEEGAAAA PAKISTAAAAAN!!!!!" and then was stoned to death because the valley folks now know what awaits them in Pakistan. Then another fella picked up the flag and started yelling "AAAAZZZZAAADDIIIIII!!!!!!" . We've come a long way.

Imagine what would have happened if Pakistan had grown its economy like China. Or even South Korea. They had every opportunity to do that. What would have happened to JK then?

Really the best thing that ever happened to JK was Pakistan's economy going down the Pakistan. In the 60s, 70s and 80s they (or at least their elites) were doing much better than us. And looked oh-so-rich, with their tall, fair, tight musharrafs and everyone wanted to be them. Now Pakistan has no money. Politicians and people learn. Suddenly yearning for Pakistan has been replaced by yearning for azadi.

India has money. And cabinet berths. And excellent chance for corruption when 5G contracts get handed out. Maybe Mehbooba Mufti's son is interested in the bids?

Yes, Mayawati is no different than Mehbooba. Every TN politican till the 90s wanted a separate Tamil Nadu. MK Stalin wanted to secede last month. You think TN is becoming its own country any time soon? Offer a mining contract to MK Stalin's son and get Kanimozhi out of CBI cases and they will be singing peans to democracy.

Money and the good life always works.
TandavBrahmand
BRFite -Trainee

Post by TandavBrahmand »

bkswarti wrote:I love how some people in this forum are completely fine with Modi acting like a fascist. Had Congress pulled anything similar you scums would be crying like babies and forwarding bullshit whatsapps.

We shouldn’t expect Kashmiris to act patriotic if we treat them like second class citizens.

You bhakts disgust me
You are on the wrong forum.
Last edited by TandavBrahmand on 05 Aug 2019 10:26, edited 1 time in total.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Tandav. No personal attacks. Edit your post.

bkswarti edit your post. Labeling people on "bhakts" in a pejorative way during debate is uncivil.
Sonugn
BRFite

Post by Sonugn »

Via twitter
Amit Shah to introduce J&K Reservation Amendment Bill for passage in Rajya Sabha (listed business) at 11am.

Shah to make statement on prevailing situation in JammuAndKashmir at the same time. First, RS and then Lok Sabha
AlapArya
BRFite -Trainee

Post by AlapArya »

bkswarti wrote:I love how some people in this forum are completely fine with Modi acting like a fascist. Had Congress pulled anything similar you scums would be crying like babies and forwarding bullshit whatsapps.

We shouldn’t expect Kashmiris to act patriotic if we treat them like second class citizens.

You bhakts disgust me
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Get the ****** out of here dhimmi cuck. And go get a circumcision at your local mosque too.

Mod Note: Please refrain from personal attacks. Consider that a stern warning to everyone. Do not drag religion into it.
venkat_r
BRFite

Post by venkat_r »

Well, this is the time to talk about 35A and 370and trifurcation, and not about elimination of any “snakes” though I do not agree with their statements and hate some of their stances, I think it is self made as the above articles helped create atmosphere, and they are politicians and once the decision is made and implemented, once it is known that the decisions are not going to be reversed, see how they will sell it in a way they can get elected.

Weather we have to deal with them and how to deal with them, that comes later, let’s change the status quo in the articles and constitution
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

AlapArya, I have already asked bkswarti to edit his post. Refrain from personal attacks, edit your post.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Anujan makes the obvious and certainly good points. Perhaps KM have no love lost for SDRE, but surely that contempt is two way.

There has not been a mobilisation for trifurcation in Jammu and Ladakh. It would not be wise to create it by fiats this time. The soil needs to be prepared.

Yes grab them by the wallets and their hearts and minds will follow. And yes Pakistan is an embarrassment even for the KM. There is nothing sinister in Niazi calling upon the UN to prevent a genocide of KM. It is buffoonery. He should read up on uncleji.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

Anujan wrote:Tandav. No personal attacks. Edit your post.

bkswarti edit your post. Labeling people on "bhakts" in a pejorative way during debate is uncivil.
While I strongly disagree with Bkswarti, I'm keen to how why for e.g. he considers the BJPs actions fascist (getting Rajya sabha approval as
opposed to previous governments declaring an emergency, arbitrarily dismissing elected govts etc).
ldev
BRF Oldie

Post by ldev »

If indeed Article 35A is repealed today, it will be masterful timing by the Modi/Shah/Doval trio. It is the Trump/Imran Khan meeting that made this possible.
Arun.prabhu
BRFite

Post by Arun.prabhu »

I’m an atheist who supports Modi only because the alternative party disgusts me. Kashmir is part of India. It’s time they made their peace with that fact. If they have trouble, if they think being an Indian citizen is a chore, they are welcome to seek greener pastures elsewhere. I couldn’t be bothered to give a damn.

Btw, how do you think goa, Hyderabad and a lot of other princely states acceded to becoming a part of our nation? Just because the English gave us control on paper? We sent in troops to force the rulers to bow. This was done by congress party’s leadership of yesteryear’s who were true patriots. So, get educated and stay quiet while better men and women than you do what needs to be done.

You bhakts disgust me
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

Article 370 abrogation Bill presented

Edit: Modi Govt to revoke Article 370.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Amit Shah is presenting a bill in RS. The scroll says its a J&K reservation bill but he is referring article 370 repeatedly.
Can't understand him because of the noise and he is speaking in Hindi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLnO_1JA14U

I think multiple bills are being presented.
Last edited by hanumadu on 05 Aug 2019 11:36, edited 1 time in total.
ldev
BRF Oldie

Post by ldev »

Sanju wrote:Article 370 abrogation Bill presented

Edit: Modi Govt to revoke Article 370.
:) Better and more ambitious than I thought. Long overdue.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Is 370 is removed, would 35A become infructuous or does it need a separate legislation?
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Wion reports that he proposed revocation of both. Hard to make out over the noise...
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

Watch Republic TV... It is being translated by a spokesperson.

Constitution of J&K is being replaced by Constitution of India.

Sardar-e-Riyasat will now be the Governor of J&K.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

hanumadu wrote:I think multiple bills are being presented.
370 removal is being piggy-backed on the J&K Reservations bill. It's a deft move "Ashwatthama hataha kunjaraha"
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

Congress is making a lot of noise, as expected.

The Bill to be tabled was the J&K Reservation Bill with 3 other Bills. Sri Amit Shah started with the abrogation of 370.

Followed by raucous scenes. Still going on.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

The 370 bill be circulated for discussion but Reservation Bill be voted today (I think).
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

yensoy wrote:
hanumadu wrote:I think multiple bills are being presented.
370 removal is being piggy-backed on the J&K Reservations bill. It's a deft move "Ashwatthama hataha kunjaraha"
I don't think so.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Chalo-ji. Whats done is done. Hopefully things work out. I will be thrilled to be proven wrong about worrying so much.

Jai Hind.
Rupesh
BRFite

Post by Rupesh »

J&K to be Union territory.
Sandrokottos
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sandrokottos »

No point in treating the traitorous and ungrateful with kid gloves. They had their chance to assimilate at their own pace, now they will be forced to or face the consequences. Long overdue move.
Arun.prabhu
BRFite

Post by Arun.prabhu »

Well said. Building a nation is hard work. Building a nation in a democratic polity involves bribing politicians, giving citizens who aren’t yet patriotic a carrot to stay united and grow patriotic...
Anujan wrote:
So the solution for making them love India is CRPF? And Rashtriya Rifles company? Along with abrogation of 35A? How different is this lady from the Arundati Roy types?

I dont know how old the people in this board are, but I have gone around the sun quite a few times. Some people here get their BP up and burst a blood vessel whenever valley folks yell "AAAAZZZZAAADDIIIIII!!!!!!" and walk down lal chowk,

I get a hearty chuckle.

In my days it was "KASHMEEERRRR BANEEEGAAAA PAKISTAAAAAN!!!!!". And then Pakistan got the 25th IMF loan, Karachi had 6 month power cuts and the Osama crutch company did great business in lahore because every kid there had polio. People in JK saw that on TV.

Some poor clueless sod then yelled "KASHMEEERRRR BANEEEGAAAA PAKISTAAAAAN!!!!!" and then was stoned to death because the valley folks now know what awaits them in Pakistan. Then another fella picked up the flag and started yelling "AAAAZZZZAAADDIIIIII!!!!!!" . We've come a long way.

Imagine what would have happened if Pakistan had grown its economy like China. Or even South Korea. They had every opportunity to do that. What would have happened to JK then?

Really the best thing that ever happened to JK was Pakistan's economy going down the Pakistan. In the 60s, 70s and 80s they (or at least their elites) were doing much better than us. And looked oh-so-rich, with their tall, fair, tight musharrafs and everyone wanted to be them. Now Pakistan has no money. Politicians and people learn. Suddenly yearning for Pakistan has been replaced by yearning for azadi.

India has money. And cabinet berths. And excellent chance for corruption when 5G contracts get handed out. Maybe Mehbooba Mufti's son is interested in the bids?

Yes, Mayawati is no different than Mehbooba. Every TN politican till the 90s wanted a separate Tamil Nadu. MK Stalin wanted to secede last month. You think TN is becoming its own country any time soon? Offer a mining contract to MK Stalin's son and get Kanimozhi out of CBI cases and they will be singing peans to democracy.

Money and the good life always works.
Chandra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Chandra »

J&K bifurcated into two Union Territories - Jammu & Kashmir UT and Ladakh UT.

Jammu & Kashmir to have legislature. Ladakh not to have a legislature.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

Bifurcated
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

It's not trifurcation, its bifurcation.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

I did not think that I would live to see this happening:
https://www.news18.com/news/india/kashm ... 58121.html
Kashmir LIVE: Govt Decides to Revoke Article 370, J&K and Ladakh to be Separate Union Territories
News18.com | August 5, 2019, 11:38 AM IST
Kashmir LIVE: In an announcement with massive repercussions for Jammu and Kashmir, Home Minister Amit Shah has announced in Rajya Sabha that the government has decided to repeal Article 370 of the Constitution which grants special status to J&K. The government has also decided to bifurcate the state into two Union territories – Jammu and Kashmir, which will have a legislature, and Ladakh, which will be without a legislature.
Shah’s announcement was immediately followed by massive uproar in the Upper House with opposition MPs protesting in the Well of the House. Back in the Valley, three of Jammu and Kashmir's most prominent politicians — Mehbooba Mufti, Omar Abdullah and Sajjad Lone are under house arrest amid a massive security-built up in the state. Internet services and mobile services have been suspended in several places and all public gatherings are banned in Srinagar district as section 144 was imposed from midnight.
Gutam
ani_sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ani_sharma »

What does UT with legislature mean?
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

In the 72nd year of the Union, Article 370 gets to Jannat!
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

ani_sharma wrote:What does UT with legislature mean?
Like Delhi, Pondicherry, etc.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

hanumadu wrote:It's not trifurcation, its bifurcation.
This sounds like a bifurcation only.