^^ Even if that brings stability I dont think that's bad. If we keep on thinking for the next election or about next UNGA we will never be able to control things. Even the so called champion of human rights didnt hesitate to jump off the boat of islamic agenda pooping agency, china anyways never cared to get them translated into chinese. Article 370 is insane, and we need to get rid of but before sowing weeding out needs to be done. I sincerely hope it is about that only and not the next elections. But now GoI has tried many soft or semi soft/hard options.
1. Tried talking to pakistan if we may call invitation at 2014 swearing in ceremony so
2. Formed a govt with PDP. If you ask me its worse than forming with congress. Though on some occassions MM was resasonable esp after the pellet gun issue. But she couldnt or didnt want to effectively counter the separatist agenda.
3. Semi soft outreach of ceasefire didnt yield anything
4. financial choking through NIA
5. Semi hard approach of pounding pakis at border or surgical strike didnt yield long term solution
Now will we go all out, I dont know.
Ideal scenario accg to me would be
Complete ban on media and internet
1. Hard or precision hits on terrorist leadership in PoK, and traitors here in encounters or mysterious deaths ...ikhwaini might be an overkill in today's environment..anyways many of hurriyat leaders are old ...natural death wouldn't be too difficult
. This is easiest to accomplish, as GoI doesnt have much to pay, it is army who pays most in blood. Side note much easier to deal with rohingya's and others in such environment
2. Removal of 35A and & 370. The theory that protests can't be sustained for long works can be behind it. How long will the protest, what if GoI stops the money tap? All those pink cheeks will go starving. Remember NDA is about to have majority in RS too. Not sure what is the role of J&K assembly in that
3. Elections: PDP says that BJP cheated us, bjp plays the nationalistic trumpet both get to keep their base, dont lose much may be gain due to polarization. Possibly form govt again, given that they didnt leave like mayawati
4. Hoping Over coming generations demography changes are induced through capitalism .
I know if things were that easy I would have got my "noble" piss prize long back. So brickbats more than welcome