Understanding the United States of America (USA) - III

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - III

Post by Gus »

I am sorry, I won't waste time watching what Trump thinks about info wars.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Singha wrote:JUST IN: Christie removed as head of Trump transition team http://hill.cm/Oj4DIL1
As far as shooting oneself in foot goes, this takes the cake. He had some potential..he was sought after in 2012 when gop base was not enthused with Romney.

Needless machogiri . Heard that the other guys who are now in trouble have named him as he knew and that puts him in perjury land..
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Well, well, well. What do we know. Mr. Presidente' Elect is backing off some of his key promises ...................... already.

* After meeting Obama, he is not just not going to repeal ObamaCare, but retaining two of its key points!!!
* Softened on "The Wall"?
* And, no special prosecutor for Hillary. Shame. Not only has she lost teh elections, but has lost this badge of honor too

Trump is the Republican Bernie. Lost in Rome.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

I never thought he will actually do any of that. Most people knew that as well. But they were just happy somebody had balls or crazy enough to say it..
shyam
BRFite

Post by shyam »

Last edited by shyam on 12 Nov 2016 10:05, edited 1 time in total.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Max Kaiser on Hillary Election Result

Hillary Died the same death Politically she gave to Gadaffi.

She Came , She Saw , She Lost :lol:
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

NRao wrote:* And, no special prosecutor for Hillary. Shame. Not only has she lost teh elections, but has lost this badge of honor too
May be she will be saved due to her High Connection at Washington and to save Clinton Legacy.

Her Soul will Torment her every day for all her Crimes , She will have a long time to think over her loss , her past misdeeds , her crime ,her murder of innocents and cry over it .

What She Sows Is What She Reaps !
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

“South Asian Expert” who has been very quick to claim to be liberal, paint critique as Hindutva and detractors as Bhakths shows just how illiberal she is. Rather “Unfair” twitter portrayal of Melanie Trump by Dr. Christine Fair I must say.

Anyway, I am slowly and surely finding out the shocking low levels to which self-proclaimed” liberals” can stoop to when thwarted by democratic processes in India and less importantly in the US :rotfl: :

https://twitter.com/CChristineFair/stat ... 7282351105
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Immigration is one of the low hanging least risky fruit for President Trump. I expect him to make it v difficult for people to get GCs especially from Islamic and Hispanic nations and to a certain extent for Asian countries.

Expect him to move relatively quickly on this.
pravula
BRFite

Post by pravula »

Paul wrote:Immigration is one of the low hanging least risky fruit for President Trump. I expect him to make it v difficult for people to get GCs especially from Islamic and Hispanic nations and to a certain extent for Asian countries.

Expect him to move relatively quickly on this.
He has called for skill based GCs. What am I missing?
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

students who do PhDs and find high tech research jobs that Americans are not able to do. Going back to 80s model-Reagen-Bush model
LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

shyam wrote:Divorce
False news.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

NRao wrote:Well, well, well. What do we know. Mr. Presidente' Elect is backing off some of his key promises ...................... already.

* After meeting Obama, he is not just not going to repeal ObamaCare, but retaining two of its key points!!!
* And, no special prosecutor for Hillary. Shame. Not only has she lost teh elections, but has lost this badge of honor too

This is correct. Most of us knew that much said in the election by any candidate is bluster. ACA will be re-named in to Keep America Great Health Care. The wall will be a virtual one. A special prosecutor doesn't matter as HRC needs elder care now - did you look at her face on 11/9? It seems she aged a couple of years in two nights. There must have been a lot of crying on 11/8 night and she couldn't face her supporters.

DT will be the best president since Dwight Eisenhower. There will be peace world wide and everyone will prosper. The Islamo-terrorists will keep their powder dry for at least 4 years.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

arun wrote:“South Asian Expert” who has been very quick to claim to be liberal, paint critique as Hindutva and detractors as Bhakths shows just how illiberal she is. Rather “Unfair” twitter portrayal of Melanie Trump by Dr. Christine Fair I must say.

Anyway, I am slowly and surely finding out the shocking low levels to which self-proclaimed” liberals” can stoop to when thwarted by democratic processes in India and less importantly in the US :rotfl: :

https://twitter.com/CChristineFair/stat ... 7282351105
Jealous woman syndrome. Melanie is far more attractive than madame Unfair.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Gus wrote:I am sorry, I won't waste time watching what Trump thinks about info wars.
Gusji,

Have you drank your liter of gau mutra yet? :rotfl:
LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

The more I think about it, Trump did almost everything in a very calculated but chaotic manner.

1) He found the real issues that made a lot of people pissed about status quo (as has been pointed out many times here before)
2) He found how to use those to drive a wedge between the "pissed off people" and the "things they are pissed off about" (the media/the current admin/ombaba care what not).
3) In doing (2) above, he made the media hate the people and people hate the media. (Including to some extent Fox). The accusations of "votes being rigged" before the elections now make sense to me.
4) He had a very well staffed team that knew where the risky spots were and he put a laser like focus in these areas.
5) He kept at it to the very end.

Hillary was a babe in the woods compared to the Trump machine. She thought she could just sit back and relax while Trump pressed the self-destruct button, but little did she know that the device that was blowing up was right under her campaign.

Basically, Donkeys and elephants are never gonna be the same again.

What an epic election.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

looks like the crooked US media was sure that the fix was in

Newsweek recalls 125,000 copies of its souvenir Madam President issue

Indian Express also carried big article by Surjit Bhalla 1 day b4 results declaring only fools think Trump can win.Hillary sure shot winner!

panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

TSJones wrote:
Singha wrote:is that huge blue shift state on the left colorado?

DT engineered a massive red shift around the great lakes , dakota plains and mississippi and ohio river valleys and down the appalachian states.

rest of the states did not shift much either way except the union territory, that center of the universe, SFO !!
he didn't engineer it. it was laying there on the ground ready to be harvested.

those folks were economically slaughtered by globalism among other things.

he was the only one to bother even mentioning it, so he got it,
While you are mostly correct, SIngha is not wrong when he said DT engineered a massive red shift. Apparently many people who have never voted in the last 5 elections voted. If that is not engineering, then what is?
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

And the ahimsa wadi pissful protests descend into schools in the Bay Area. What an example the libtards are setting for their children. :roll:

Trump supporting student assaulted at Woodside High

Woodside High despite being the assigned high school for chi chi Woodside and Portola Valley is a pretty badly rated school.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

haven't seen a bigger bunch of wusses, as the boys in that assault video. Nobody sitting around raised a finger. Pathetic crowd.
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

Raja Bose wrote:And the ahimsa wadi pissful protests descend into schools in the Bay Area. What an example the libtards are setting for their children. :roll:

Trump supporting student assaulted at Woodside High

Woodside High despite being the assigned high school for chi chi Woodside and Portola Valley is a pretty badly rated school.
Friend of a friend got assaulted by a bunch of bar patrons on election night. His crime: He mentioned he had voted for Trump. Got sucker punched for his pains and has a pretty large shiner (got pics of it, as said friend had a camera handy). And then there was this defacement of a KTLA5 news van by angry democrats for no reason whatsoever.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Monisha Rajesh has been fired from the @guardian her Twitter and Facebook accounts were removed by the company this morning @PrisonPlanet

The FBI may even have arrested her. Well deserved end for a presstitute.

Rishi Verma
BRFite

Post by Rishi Verma »

bharotshontan wrote:
Rudradev wrote:
Modi is not "lucky". Trump is a kindergartner. He will survive only if he proves to be a fraction of the leader Modi is.
ssundar wrote:
Amen to that one!

I was only looking at the post-election timeline. You are right. I also don't believe Trump can withstand a fraction of what Modi was subject to after taking office. Not unless he is coached by Modi himself 8)
Agree with both of the above. Did anyone see poor Trump's face during sit-down with Brobama? Looked like deep state had already let him know where he stands lol. Even Modi is having to carefully dance around this gradually and strategically to overturn it in our favor. I don't think Trump is made of that material.
The thread gonna be closed soon and we can post away anything not already said.

B-Shontan some of your write-ups were interesting but when you start face reading and body language reading from few seconds of TV clips it discredits the analysis.

Modi and Trump are totally different animals, different backgrounds, education, values.

Trump hasnt even spent a day as a PoTUS, and comparing one's future performance and Modi's current performance is worse than tarot card reading. Anyway.. It's called internet analytics

OT
On a separate note I would like to pick your brain about the situation in WB where intellectuals of type A are fleeing the state and intellectuals of type-B, C, D are feeling empowered. In tamilnadu intellectuals of all types are fleeing the state. Curious to see your view on some other forum (Indian interests or GDF). Thanks.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Where are the intellectuals fleeing to?
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

If that desi sounding journalist is a USC, then she deserves what she got. If not, can a country arrest a journo (assuming he/she is a citizen of that country) for making an absurd and despicable comment about another country's state head?
Sicanta
BRFite

Post by Sicanta »

For all the vitriol that was spewed against modi for 12 years straight, majority in the general public, in cities or hinterlands, ever fell for it. While others opted to give his gov a chance and have been supportive or atleast neutral since day 1. So quite surprising to see the liberal public in USA not quieten down. That they cant understand the difference between reality and propaganda by the media. The suckers dont paint a good picture of US.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I got the sense she is in chennai
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

:rotfl:
Zynda wrote:Where are the intellectuals fleeing to?
Sanctuary city sfo obviously :mrgreen:
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Hitesh wrote:http://beingindian.com/news/ahoy-trumps ... gn=bifront

For those who still believes Trump is gonna make things great. :roll:
There is evidence on the internet to show clintonistas assaulted a 10 year old girl just for being pro trump.

You are mistaking Rakshaks for being pro trump. We predominantly are anti Hillary. My last on this.
Sicanta
BRFite

Post by Sicanta »

Wish someone could leak a video about clinton crying her eyes out. :twisted:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Zynda wrote:If that desi sounding journalist is a USC, then she deserves what she got. If not, can a country arrest a journo (assuming he/she is a citizen of that country) for making an absurd and despicable comment about another country's state head?
If you make a threat against the POTUS, you will be arrested. USC or not. Wasn't an Indian student arrested for threatening Bush??

vikram buddhi, criminal charge, threatening the life of George W. Bush and Bush's family

it also extends to the POTUS in waiting, as he is under the active protection of the Secret Service.
Viv S
BRF Oldie

Post by Viv S »

panduranghari wrote:You are mistaking Rakshaks for being pro trump. We predominantly are anti Hillary. My last on this.
That's fair. To me, its a matter of some angst that when China was in the midst of its strongest economic expansion (2000-2008), the global economy was relatively stable, it had easy access to capital and there were no significant barriers to free trade, while a Modi-led India will have to face big hurdles on all three counts in a more uncertain unstable environment.

Given that the kind of capital/investment that India needs, over the coming few years, is measured in the trillion of dollars, stability should have trumped ideology for at least for BRFites.

Modi could have handled the Clintons just fine. Global uncertainty... is much bigger challenge. Nobody knows what Trump will do, not even Trump himself. That itself leads to an environment which is not too great for commerce.

Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

NRao wrote:Well, well, well. What do we know. Mr. Presidente' Elect is backing off some of his key promises ...................... already.

Familiar pattern - the day after brexit the winning side basically said 'all the facts we gave you about why we had to leave are just guidance and not actually facts, so never mind grow up and btw all you leftie liberals had better shut up'
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

If I had a vote, and I don't, I wouldn't have voted for Trump though I throughly despise Killary for her *Global* agenda including regime change, etc. Trump to me is an idiot but not a fool. His remarks will not help those who need help (rural folks) but will fuel the nut jobs.

With that out of way, I am happy that he has wrecked the globalist elitist agenda, at least the expansionary agenda. Not sure he will help India wrt Bakis at least I don't think so. On China he talked tough on Trade while taking the pressure off them wrt Japan/Korea, etc. That would have been a mixed bag. If he backs up his word on trade then it is going to impact India too.

Not even folks who support him think he will deliver on ALL or MOST of his talk. All he has to do it deliver on a few key items to keep the faith of these folks. The most watched will be deportation of the illegals and sealing the US-mexico border. Next comes Trade/Jobs followed by Obamacare. There are others like judicial appointment, EPA, rolling back Obama's executive orders where he can deliver.

Don't know how his term will pan out but at least for Indian perspective, if he keeps his focus on inside politics he will give India a bit of relief on the globalist elite agenda. That is a positive and by the end of his term India will be in a better position to deal with them.

Will be interesting to watch the fun and game in DC.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

I think india will get a tough time with trade and an easier ride against pakistan
Obama has already blessed thr modi doctrine vs pakistan and there is not a single word being said about surfical strikes, etc
Trade, visas, outsourcing- these will hurt, and china may feel more aggressive and emboldened
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Viv S wrote: That's fair. To me, its a matter of some angst that when China was in the midst of its strongest economic expansion (2000-2008), the global economy was relatively stable, it had easy access to capital and there were no significant barriers to free trade, while a Modi-led India will have to face big hurdles on all three counts in a more uncertain unstable environment.

Given that the kind of capital/investment that India needs, over the coming few years, is measured in the trillion of dollars, stability should have trumped ideology for at least for BRFites.

Modi could have handled the Clintons just fine. Global uncertainty... is much bigger challenge. Nobody knows what Trump will do, not even Trump himself. That itself leads to an environment which is not too great for commerce.
In global perspectives, I posted a youtube video by Grant Williams called -Crazy:The story of debt.

When you say India needs access to capital. We have access to capital. Capital does not mean US dollars alone. This is important to internalise.

When you say India needs Free Trade. We HONESTLY dont. We needed internal free trade and GST has already done that. We dont buy much from other countries, neither do we sell to others much. Except OIL.

Economic expansion also called growth cannot be sustained permanently. Unlike what the western economists who think economy is a machine and can be continuous be improved by tinkering, Indic view is different. Economy is not a machine. Its a living organism. A super organism. It breathes in and breathes out. Breathing in is the expansion. Breathing out is the necessary contraction to expel CO2 so that fresh O2 can be inhaled again. This is important to internalise.

West as we know it collapsing under its own weight. On all measures- capital investments, debt growth, demographics, internal fissures.

We should stick to strategic ambivalence. I believe C Rajamohan has stated it. I am open to be corrected.

If west wants to engage India and derive benefit, they must accept Indian Exceptionalism. Trump will be more willing to accept this than Clinton ever will because as a businessman he understands the concept of letting the other party feel that they have won.

West should worry about stability. India does not. India gains much from disruption from the current status quo. I do find Rudradev ji's analysis that Westphalian model still has legs, a tad confusing because I feel the glue holding the westphalian model itself is loosing it stickiness.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

beautiful post phari.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

Seeing the call for assasination above - am also remonded of trumps speech about 'maybe you 2nd amendment people can do something about that?'
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Tom Holland
3:56 PM GMT+0530
Hillary thought all it required for her to win was being not Trump. Unfortunately, she couldn't stop being Hillary.