Understanding the United States of America (USA) - III

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - III

Post by UlanBatori »

TSJones wrote:I have no idea why an elderly spoiled rich kid wants to be president.
he's got the planes, the houses and the vacations already.
he doesn't pay any taxes as it is, and its not the money..
it's a s**t job and with unending hours of meetings and work.
and half of the country hates your guts.
I wouldn't want the job that is for sure.
Thought of that already. I think he's the most shocked person in America today, ahead of HiC in that respect as well. All he wanted to do was highlight the incomptence and corruption, which was making if difficult for a good red-blooded real-estate scammer to survive in America. Note that the IRS has been auditing him every year for decades - that can certainly motivate people to take on a brutal campaign to Drain the DC Swamp.

He hoped that the Republican Party would do the job but they were no different than the Democrats. So he put his own money into running a campaign and going to his customers. And then the train just gathered speed downhill.

Maybe he'll move the President's Quarters to Trump Towers, convert the Media Section of Air Force One to a Playmates Hospitality Suite, and turn the White House into a Fed. prison? Or as a hostel for visiting Special Prosecutors - a lot of them can be expected to be busy soon. Is the turkey Starr still around? Guy wasted $50M of tax money, remember?
Last edited by UlanBatori on 09 Nov 2016 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

This is what I posted on 11 september on another thread.
darshhan wrote: The US elections are most probably over. Welcome to the Trump era.

By the way have a look at the irony below.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/stat ... 28/photo/1
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

(((David B. Cohen))) ‏@DavidBCohen1 8h8 hours ago

Nostra-dumbass(((David B. Cohen))) added,
barkha dutt @BDUTT
What I love about the otherwise crazy American Elections is that it will be Women who Will Defeat Trump. Poetic Justice.

More
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

UlanBatori wrote:
Projections and results. Normally it goes as projected.
Projections have to be from Reliable Sources. Like UBCN - never wrong, obviously. Let this be a lesson to all of you children.
Now let's dissgus this? :mrgreen:
ok..so you got the election right. i have already ordered crow soup for that. :D

but it remains to be seen that he will be better for indian interests from foreign policy pov and not damaging for indians in US, from domestic issue pov.

that, is still up in the air and not proven either way.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ction-news

Most unsporting behaviour by HC. Did not even come out to give a speech while thousands of her supporters waited. Her true colors are shown, or she is not well to come out and speak. Otherwise, I can not imagine any reason for her not to come out. Her supporters deserve at least this last curtesy from her.

This best says why the hell Dems lost the election.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... n-liberals
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

TSJones wrote:I have no idea why an elderly spoiled rich kid wants to be president.

well, he's always threatened to run, since 90s...

but that day when Obama mocked him far too much at the correspondence dinner might be the day he resolved to do it for real this time.

and now ombaba has the honor of showing trump around the WH.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

we need to all track pence - he's the guy who's going to do most of the heavy lifting

have heard the following touted

guiliani for attorney general...

gingrich for state department...

I am waiting for naranjito to unleash hell on McCain, Ryan, Priebus and Romney... ritual slaying of the old generals in the circus maximus

ave Caesar, morturi te salutante
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

vina wrote:
UlanBatori wrote: The BIG disappointment of this election is that the T-Party did not get demolished, in fact they appear to have gathered strength. Yeah, Canada is a bit too cold and Australia too far....
How saar ? I thought Trump basically demolished all the Repubs (center, right and wing nuts?) and he basically ran a Jayalalitha like campaign and won the election single handedly , despite lack of support by the Repub establishment and the Wing Nuts, and brought the crowd outs by himself ?
I think 'credit' for that must go to the Hillary campaign. The rage in America swept the sh1thead T-Partyites back into power, just to demolish the donkeys. For instance, in Georgiastan, there was a 'debate' where this turkey used the whole time to launch a Hillary/Kaine type nasty personal attack on Isaakson, who I think is a waste of oxygen. The turkey even looked like Kaine with his sneers, constant interruptions and general rudeness. Result? Isaakson 60%, turkey 4%. The Libertarian who seemed a gentleman and quite embarassed by the nasty personal attacks, got the rest.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

old Repubs with their jack daniels and cozy virginia mansions are the same stuff as BJP in 2004-2014.

all of them need to be shut down and shunted off as "margdarshaks" with the exception of Mccain who is probably too nuts to be allowed inside the tent. his solution to every problem is to start a war and nuke russia on the side :roll:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

My post seems to have disappeared - new forum software seems to require that one posts posts twice to get them to appear.

The BIG hope I see if for the people of Libya, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and Ukraine: an end to the constant war, slavery and despair. Real US-Russia collaboration to kick the sh1t out of the ISIS and their KSA/Qatar/Turkey sponsors. Am I dreaming?

If that happens, the big winner is also the long-suffering, teeth-gnashing US soldier, sailor and air(wo)man, who can finally feel a little bit better about pulling the trigger or releasing the bomb, for once attacking the ENEMY rather than innocents or friends under orders from the donkey WHOTUS and paki-dominated SDOTUS.

Hope DT starts his Draining of the DC Swamp with Foggy Bottom kicking out the Pakis, starting with Huma Abedin sponsors and cronies.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

While CA went 60-40 for HRC-DT, Washington DC's 3 electoral votes went 96-4 for the same. Most extreme margin in the polls. Definitely time to drain the swamp, perhaps.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trump-v ... -1.3842635

One more item on how DT won. Wisdom after the fact is a great thing. :mrgreen:
nirav
BRF Oldie

Post by nirav »

Huma to Guantanamo!
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

I was talking to my Muslim friends on chat during the counting. They are US citizens. They were both angry and worried. Not in a joking haha way either. And using dirty words to curse him.
nirav
BRF Oldie

Post by nirav »

^ stark similarity with India.
Not a surprise..
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Gus wrote:

well, he's always threatened to run, since 90s...

but that day when Obama mocked him far too much at the correspondence dinner might be the day he resolved to do it for real this time.

and now ombaba has the honor of showing trump around the WH.
Wow, you may be right. I remember this moment.

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

How did the journalists’ crusade fail? The fourth estate came together in an unprecedented professional consensus. They chose insulting the other side over trying to understand what motivated them. They transformed opinion writing into a vehicle for high moral boasting. What could possibly have gone wrong with such an approach?

Put this question in slightly more general terms and you are confronting the single great mystery of 2016. The American white-collar class just spent the year rallying around a super-competent professional (who really wasn’t all that competent) and either insulting or silencing everyone who didn’t accept their assessment. And then they lost. Maybe it’s time to consider whether there’s something about shrill self-righteousness, shouted from a position of high social status, that turns people away.

The even larger problem is that there is a kind of chronic complacency that has been rotting American liberalism for years, a hubris that tells Democrats they need do nothing different, they need deliver nothing really to anyone – except their friends on the Google jet and those nice people at Goldman. The rest of us are treated as though we have nowhere else to go and no role to play except to vote enthusiastically on the grounds that these Democrats are the “last thing standing” between us and the end of the world. It is a liberalism of the rich, it has failed the middle class, and now it has failed on its own terms of electability. Enough with these comfortable Democrats and their cozy Washington system. Enough with Clintonism and its prideful air of professional-class virtue. Enough!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the whole term "rust belt" is a insult - as if the people who inhabit it are good for nothing, certainly not for the 'intellectual' work done in the gleaming towers of nyc, boston and sfo.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Now the Private email server / Clinton fund investigation will accelerate. HRC will perhaps sacrifice Huma and a few others to save herself.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

The latest set of emails discovered by FBI on Huma Abedin's computer made it in Trump's favour. It pushed Trump's 'grab them by the pu**y' statement to the back ground. The democrat campaign released the Trump tape too soon. It should have waited till the last minute to still retain its impact at the polls.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

the Marine Corps will always survive. Semper Fidelis. they are in a guaranteed line of business.

but I fear for my NASA, :(
Last edited by TSJones on 09 Nov 2016 18:45, edited 1 time in total.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

fear mongering ..! Why ^
As if decision making is dependant on one person only! This is exactly what leftist media did.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Gus wrote:
UlanBatori wrote: Projections have to be from Reliable Sources. Like UBCN - never wrong, obviously. Let this be a lesson to all of you children.
Now let's dissgus this? :mrgreen:
ok..so you got the election right. i have already ordered crow soup for that. :D

but it remains to be seen that he will be better for indian interests from foreign policy pov and not damaging for indians in US, from domestic issue pov.

that, is still up in the air and not proven either way.
It remains to be seen if he does anything good for the US even overcoming the establishment. Modi is able to do it because he is smart, tough, has the experience, able to find like minded collaborators among the civil servants, by and large Indians are with him, has party and RSS backing.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

I also fear for BLM. US Forest service, National Park Service.

the ranchers will want all of it. :(
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

As the Mahdi Jobs would have said, it wasn't as if Trump was good, it's just that Hillary was worse.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

overblown or not .. maybe yes.
but looks like amriki mango public have taken Trump presidency in their stride

Fights break outside the White House as Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton supporters clash | Daily Mail Online
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... cenes.html
Last edited by habal on 09 Nov 2016 18:58, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

One quick post. I say :P to anyone who says they correctly predicted the OUTCOME of this election. Note that the actual margin of votes is less than like 0.5 percent. All we did was argue the reasons why Vox Populi might agree with us being, depending on your pov, either Vox Dei or Vox Dumbassi aka Anderson Cooper's noise.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

hanumadu wrote:The latest set of emails discovered by FBI on Huma Abedin's computer made it in Trump's favour. It pushed Trump's 'grab them by the pu**y' statement to the back ground. The democrat campaign released the Trump tape too soon. It should have waited till the last minute to still retain its impact at the polls.
People made up their minds.

Last minute exposes don't work that much.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Indian liberal because oves this whole william because he abuses Modi and Hindus 24x7. Here is this This Kutta's contributions o literature

IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

vijayk wrote:
hanumadu wrote:The latest set of emails discovered by FBI on Huma Abedin's computer made it in Trump's favour. It pushed Trump's 'grab them by the pu**y' statement to the back ground. The democrat campaign released the Trump tape too soon. It should have waited till the last minute to still retain its impact at the polls.
People made up their minds.

Last minute exposes don't work that much.
correct CNN poll also said the same, people had made up their mind many weeks ago.
Ankar
BRFite

Post by Ankar »

:twisted: :twisted:
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

analysis showed that most people had decided back in September
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

habal wrote:overblown or not .. maybe yes.
but looks like amriki mango public have taken Trump presidency in their stride

Fights break outside the White House as Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton supporters clash | Daily Mail Online
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... cenes.html
which proves Democrats are as violent as any one else. Pretensions off !
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Lalmohan wrote: to deliver all the things he said in his victory speech will likely put the US into recession - and drag much of the world down with it.
strawman. Blaming Trump for recession is being a sophist.
Rishi Verma
BRFite

Post by Rishi Verma »

I surely hope Hillary fades away. The US needs a Hillary Mukt Amrika and Huma Mukt Hillary. Never to be seen again. Wait, she will write a book now and blame everything on Monica.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Given the closeness of the result in the rust belt battleground states I will credit this Republican victory to Comey. In the October 31st to Nov 5 period Hillary went down from a very comfortable 7+% lead to a precarious 2.7% and could bounce back only to about 3.9% in the remaining 2 days because there was not enough time. This drop cost her the close races in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, (and Michigan), supposedly her "fireball" states she was so sure to win that did not pay enough attention and reacted too late.

Turns out the national polls were not too off the mark, by the time all votes are counted Hillary should still win the popular vote by over a million or so, a repeat of 2000 when Gore won the popular vote, but election was stolen by SC Rehnquist and the gang, Comey is the culprit this time.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Lalmohan wrote: its the same type of polarization in the UK regarding brexit and remain voters.
Dont know what industry you work in, but you are make very sweeping statements based on your cognitive bias.

I can tell based on the ear on the ground perspective- because I see patients of different socio-economic status in primary care. And most of them were pro Brexit. You can include a lord, an MP, a fortune 500 CEO in that mix amongst myraid simple educated and uneducated folk. London is not UK. UK is not London. My perspective is based on a small town in rural Devon.
Arun_J
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Arun_J »

pankajs wrote:Now the Private email server / Clinton fund investigation will accelerate. HRC will perhaps sacrifice Huma and a few others to save herself.
IMHO, HRC's email server, Ben Ghazi, Clinton Initiative, etc. will become non-issues in no time. Repubs only pursued these issues to keep a check on HRC and they have achieved their goal. They have a bigger battle to fight from this point on. Keeping Trump in check would be much harder challenge for next two years. If they are unable to do that, then mark my words, they would lose senate and congress 2 years from now.