Understanding the United States of America (USA) - III

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Rammpal
BRFite

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - III

Post by Rammpal »

:D So, who's gonna be the recipient of Trump's 1st "... You're Fired Award" !??
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

As significant as Trump's victory is, before reading too much into it - also keep in mind that he got less votes than Romney , lost popular vote against a really bad Democratic candidate and a few℅ shift in some states would have got a different result. This is still significant , bigly, but not a landslide or even a resounding expression in terms of voter turnout.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I was seeing US Tv channels due to my bad luck. All kinds of things are being asked here.

How can explain to my 6-year-old kid? How can stop fear in Muslims, non-documented ( illegal is not the politically correct word.) immigrants are terrified that they may be deported, women are fearful about reproductive rights? ( i do not know that it means)

I see no difference in India tvs and CNN.
LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

People who voted for trump did so with a passion. And many of them are people who voted for Obama two times before (I personally know a few)

People who *could* have voted for Hillary, either sat at home or were confused.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

After seeing how royally Obama screwed people with Obamacare, there was no way in hell many would have voted for Democrats again. Many friends of mine and I will continue to vote against Democrats till for quiet sometime. Within last six years, medical costs for my aging parents went up exponentially from $500 in 2011 to >$10000 this year. And for the same exact routine heart disease related tests (one would think that they would go down in costs over time as NRE is amortized but instead steadily went up). The cost has gone up in same ways for me too. I earn lot more than my parents do. Obamacare adversely affected me and so did my parents who earn 10 times less than I do. So in the end whom did it help? No one other than Obama I guess. Come next year, I totally see him frequent hospital industry and insurance industry and collecting hefty checks for phony speeches. No one knows if Trump will get rid off Obamacare or not but for sure many people like me will remember to vote against Democrats every time I pay any medical bill.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

NRao wrote:
The case against globalization - championed by some early left wingers is coming to roost
The problem is NOT globalization. It is the profits of such globalization not being shared with everyone in the society. Share the profits with everyone and it will work. One cannot see a CEO of Yahoo (as an example) get $200 million and then she lays off people - that is unacceptable.
This sharing cannot be enforced, it has to be the individual's decision. There is a concept called Sarvodaya. Wealth held by individuals for the public trust. eg: Warren Buffett and Bill Gates both have donated about $30 Billion each for non-profit use. Further, I understand that a vast majority of their wealth will also not be inherited by children. In Ashrama dharma, the stages of a vana prastha life can be suitably understood to be a stage where your works are not just for your own benefit. The Indian concept of wealth not to be considered as "individually" owned, where many members of the family and the community share this ownership is worth exploring as alternative templates. I am going OT but the point is a sense of offerings or yagnya for the benefit of all around has to be incorporated to balance the natural need to accumulate wealth for the self. Dharma is served towards stability in society. The western world lacks these concepts in sufficient measure creating upheaval but through this upheavals.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

As I posted many times, my illogical gut feeling was DT will win. The very fact that he could fill large stadiums with 15-20k people is an indication of that. Dems lost the plot completely and even Burnee wins failed to wake them up to the peoples' anger.

The fact that they are now asking for Mrs. Obomber to come to politic to win in 2020 is an indication of the bankruptcy of these lefties. If DT has experience in public service then what is the experience of Obomber's wife? The calculation seems to be women/black voters will be solid with her next time and more Latinos will vote and the win on the basis of that???
Y. Kanan
BRFite

Post by Y. Kanan »

The American liberal and black outrage is rediculous. We now have American liberals proudly posting vids on YouTube showing white people getting beaten up for voting Trump:

https://youtu.be/mCZqRuqxKVU
https://youtu.be/Wt5khltTGpU
LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

Despicable is all I can say.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Gus wrote:As significant as Trump's victory is, before reading too much into it - also keep in mind that he got less votes than Romney , lost popular vote against a really bad Democratic candidate and a few℅ shift in some states would have got a different result. This is still significant , bigly, but not a landslide or even a resounding expression in terms of voter turnout.
Pennsylvania, Michigan, Florida, Wisconsin have voted bigly for Donald Trump. Now he is winning.

for a republican candidate this is closest to a landslide they are going to encounter in their lifetimes. Esp after increasing number of immigrants and lower birth rates of earlier immigrants.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... sives.html

I do not understand one thing if there is already widespread racism in the US, why there is a need for fresh fear about DT win? I mean is DT is going to be Hitler or something like that. Russia already has on Hitler in Putin; India has Hitler in NM. How much are more Hitler type leaders going to come out of woodworks?

Ironic - the young of the US today have no problems with millions that are killed and displaced due to Obomber and HC ideas and deeds. I mean what happened to anti-war movement in US ??? All joined progressives???
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Mrs obama candidacy is just another version of bankrupt priyanka lao congress bachao slogan. Vote banking in india is on caste and religion, there on income, gender and race.

Glad that the usa system has been exposed in the eyes of world. Mutu will have a tough time talking down to ri now.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-amer ... 6c4354e32b

Is it really that bad overnight? I thought these things happen there all the time. At least that is what leftees used to say for a long time.
Rammpal
BRFite

Post by Rammpal »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... ald-trump/

"...Louisiana student ‘fabricated’ story of hijab attack, police say.." :D
Rammpal
BRFite

Post by Rammpal »

:lol: "...Trump election proves we ‘can’t be ruled by polls’: Tony Abbott..."

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/lea ... 52788fdbaa

Whatdye' know !!

Baki honeypot/lassi influence ?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Our folks are not getting it still despite backing the wrong person.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Remember how Ford Foundation funded the Kejri-AAP-Anna racket and how this group would come up with a new drama everyday during their Dharna & 1 week rule of Dilli during their minority govt supported by Congress from outside.

It's the same Ford Foundation patrons that are backing this movement against Trump.

trucking in busloads of people, without a care for consequences, to riot and create scare-mongering after Trump's victory. This group has tremendous sense of entitlement and a feeling of leverage over the state, that cannot challenge it.

USA deep state cleavage between zionists and anglo-zionists on one side and 'sons of the soil' on the other side is now complete.

before anyone says Trump is no son-of-the-soil, I beg to differ. He is a son-of-the-soil, but that soil is Forest Hills, Queens, NY.
And this is how they make them there.

People who met him personally say that he speaks that 'typical Queens drone' without a single hint of deception in his voice.

that is the reason why people even down south can connect to him.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

he must be the rare NYCer who can connect to the people of the heartland.

all my Dem voting desi friends are in deep mourning - off emails and social media since election day, a few are whining on facebook copying news reports on these racial incidents , a few are trying torn shirt open fly arguments posting articles on some people in india facing hardships due to the currency change :lol:

a lot of fond illusions are being broken, safe cocoons are being punctured and a lot of MUTU arrogance come to naught.

mirror mirror on the wall, who is the most special exceptionalism democracy of them all ? :rotfl:

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

even Albert gore and John kerry were more charismatic candidates than HC lol .. a much less controversial track record.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Manish_Sharma wrote: Hope it happens more, I hope all NRIs take Shri Raja Bose as an ideal, who is ready to bear the reich for the good of Bharat Mata!
Hain?! :eek: I am voting for #CalExit with car dealer Pishevar as my one true ayatollah. :shock:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

#calexit or #NE_exit is a myth. the vast bulk of the industrial power, military bases, fresh water lakes , food, army , AF and glaciers are in red america. the only defensible place in blue america is san diego and bremerton oregon due to the large naval bases. north karolina peoples militia will surely overrun virginiah and take over norfolks uber giant base and all its ships. and kings bay georgia ssbn base is truly in red land.

there are probably fictional books on a future civil war between confederate and bluecoats
Sicanta
BRFite

Post by Sicanta »

Rammpal wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... ald-trump/

"...Louisiana student ‘fabricated’ story of hijab attack, police say.." :D
And comment section shows people don't believe the police version. Everybody is seeing what they want to see. There will be no coming together of both the sides.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

ramana wrote:This is Third World level rejection of election results.
Hasn't happened in India in recent years even in our *noisy* democracy. Most of the disbelief and anger was limited to the studio bubbles.

This is Baki level theatrics.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

pankajs wrote:
ramana wrote:This is Third World level rejection of election results.
Hasn't happened in India in recent years even in our *noisy* democracy. Most of the disbelief and anger was limited to the studio bubbles.

This is Baki level theatrics.
+++1

For whatever names our esteemed minorities( and few AAPians) called the future PM ( and keep calling), they shut all their holes and went back to normal once results were known.

This is just pure-Paki level stuff in Amrika.
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

Singha wrote:
mirror mirror on the wall, who is the most special exceptionalism democracy of them all ? :rotfl:
An acquaintance was lamenting that umreeka is now like other places, what must the world be thinking. I told him, dont worry, the knowledgeable always knew all men are created equal and will behave the same and that umreeka is not special.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Top Donald Trump aide refuses to rule out Hillary Clinton prosecution

Top Donald Trump aide refuses to rule out Hillary Clinton prosecution

Trump suggested that the foundation allowed Clinton to set up a 'pay for play' scheme while she was the US secretary of state.

Trump in August called for a special prosecutor -- an independent outsider -- to probe the financial dealings of the Clinton Foundation.

Nov 11, 2016,

Washington: A top aide to President-elect Donald Trump on Thursday refused to rule out prosecuting Democrat Hillary Clinton or investigating the foundation run by former president Bill Clinton.

Ex-New York mayor Rudy Giuliani, a likely member of the incoming president's cabinet, told CNN that it was a "tough decision" on whether a special prosecutor should be appointed to look into possible illegal Clinton activities, as Trump threatened to do on the campaign trail.

"It's been a tradition in our politics to put things behind us. On the other hand you have to look at how bad was it?" he said. "Equal administration of justice. It's one of our most important principles," he said.

Trump in August called for a special prosecutor -- an independent outsider -- to probe the financial dealings of the Clinton Foundation, claiming while on the campaign trail that the FBI and the Justice Department could not be trusted to impartially investigate the case.

Trump suggested that the foundation allowed Clinton to set up a "pay for play" scheme while she was the US secretary of state.

Speaking on Fox, the ex-mayor said "I don't think President Obama should pardon her" -- even though Clinton has not been convicted of any crime.

Giuliani was coy when asked if he'd accept if offered the office of the US attorney general.

"I certainly have the energy, and there's probably nobody that knows the Justice Department better than me," he told CNN.

In the early 1980s, under president Ronald Reagan, Giuliani had a senior position in the US Justice Department.

He was later US attorney for the southern district of New York, where among other things he prosecuted cases against the mafia.

Giuliani was New York mayor from 1994-2001, leading the city in the aftermath of the September 11 terror attacks
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

I am just curious, should #Calexit become a reality, where will they get their water from? Colorado Water Treaty?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Gus wrote:
NRao wrote: The problem is NOT globalization. It is the profits of such globalization not being shared with everyone in the society. Share the profits with everyone and it will work. One cannot see a CEO of Yahoo (as an example) get $200 million and then she lays off people - that is unacceptable.
Republicans won't fix that though, their tax cuts for rich and trickle down theories etc. Not sure what Trump will do.
Both parties haven been taken over by elites and have become *fund raising machines* forever beholden to the corporations.

Was reading an article yesterday, forgot where, one of US online mags. It talked about how the democrats have moved away from their roots as the party of the little guy and anti-trust champion to being this fund raising *machine*, a party controlled by baggers and lobbyist while relying solely on the social justice platform.

It is interesting that white women and unions voted for trumpanzee in large numbers.
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

Singha wrote:. north karolina peoples militia will surely overrun virginiah and take over norfolks uber giant base and all its ships. and kings bay georgia ssbn base is truly in red land.
Oh. The only part of Virigina that is blue is the DC metro area that spills into Viriginia suburbs. Virginia otherwise is a hardcore red state.Norfolk etc would be a deep crimson. Virginia swings blue ONLY because of the DC Metro votes. This is exactly the strategy Hillary thought would get her to the white house. Win all the metro areas (she did) and that will get her to there , even if the remaining parts go red. Trouble, is it her wins weren't blue enough and the areas lost went a deeper shade of red.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

with norfolk alone, admiral trump would be able to level half the world down to plinth level :)
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

One just has to track/trendline the savings in the US system to realize what has been happening.

The savings have been transfered from the pockets of the mango Americans to the books of the corporations over the last 30 years. The bottom 50% has negative savings rate and all the wealth is concentrated at the top.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Interesting bunch of tweets by DT after the 2012 election, for a while DT was under the impression that Obama had lost the popular vote but won the electoral college. I agree with his tweets.

Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

So why is he complaining now if people are protesting?

Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

There's no shortage of idiocy and hypocrisy on both sides in US. Pretending that this is one sided is another form of hypocrisy. All this shyte will did down in a few days ..I am surprised at the " OMG look at that" outrage here .
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/11/ri ... dings.html
Riot declared in Oregon as anti-Trump demonstrators damage cars, buildings

Police in Portland, Ore. declared that a once peaceful protest was a riot after demonstrators were seen attacking drivers and committing acts of vandalism during their march against Donald Trump’s election Thursday night.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Gus, MI counting is not done as yet. DJT might in popular vote yet. Please correct me.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Let's put this 'liberal outrage' to test and see how many WH fence jumping and death threats happen to trump relative to ombaba .
LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

There is a book I read long time ago titled "Liberal Fascism, The secret history of the American Left."

Some of the things in that book have turned prophetic. Will post on that I dig out that book from my library.
Last edited by LokeshC on 11 Nov 2016 13:33, edited 1 time in total.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Gus wrote:There's no shortage of idiocy and hypocrisy on both sides in US. Pretending that this is one sided is another form of hypocrisy.
yes but only one side constantly puts on a "holier than thou" mask, ain't it?
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Enjoy this!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11 ... -creature/
Nigel Farage causes controversy describing Barack Obama as a 'loathsome creature' - and warns Donald Trump not to 'touch' Theresa May
Nigel Farage describes Barack Obama as a 'loathsome creature'

Laura Hughes, political correspondent
10 NOVEMBER 2016 • 7:53PM
Nigel Farage has described Barack Obama as a “creature” and joked about warning Donald Trump not to "touch" Theresa May.
The interim Ukip leader said the current US President was a "loathsome individual who couldn’t stand our country."

Mr Farage also suggested he could act as a middle man between the next Republican President and the British Prime Minister, as he called on Mr Trump to try and “schmooze” her.

Nigel Farage encourages Donald Trump's supporters to 'stand up to the establishment'Play! 00:35
Speaking on talkRADIO , he said: “I’m now going to become a diplomat. Come and schmooze Theresa – don’t touch her, for goodness sake."

The radio programme’s presenters said: “Only in an affectionate way - like Bush did to the Queen.” To which Mr Farage replied: “I could be there as the responsible adult to make sure everything is OK.”

Barack Obama and Donald Trump
The Ukip leader played a prominent role in Mr Trump's campaignand is thought to be the first British politician to address a Republican presidential election rally.

In August Mr Farage campaigned in Mississippi alongside Mr Trump, likening Brexit to the Trump movement, and saying he could not imagine voting for Hilary Clinton.

Mr Farage said in the radio interview: “That Obama creature – a loathsome individual who couldn’t stand our country. He said he’d be at the back of the queue, didn’t he? And Americans don’t use the word queue, they use the word line. So it was all a Dave and George stitch-up.

“What was interesting was that Trump said we’d be at the front of the queue. Listeners, bear this in mind, however imperfect Donald Trump may be, and he is, his mother was Scottish, he’s spent a lot of time in this country, he loves our country, what we stand for, and our culture.

Nigel Farage, the leader of Britain's anti-EU party UKIP CREDIT: REUTERS/DYLAN MARTINEZ
“This is a big opportunity for all British business because once we’ve left that awful EU thing we can do our first trade deal with the United States of America. Isn’t that great?”

Mr Farage also suggested that he was the "catalyst" for the downfall of the" Blairites, the Clintonites, the Bushites".

"All these dreadful people who work hand in glove with Goldman Sachs and everybody else, have made themselves rich, and ruined our countries,” he said. “I couldn’t be happier.”

Mr Farage's comments were met with dismay, however, with Match of the Day presenter Gary Lineker pinpointing the use of the word 'creature':