Understanding the United States of America (USA) - III

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - III

Postby Singha » 09 Nov 2016 15:23

bizarre article by varun gandhi...i dont think he wrote it but someone using his shoulders
http://www.ndtv.com/opinion/the-rise-of ... me-opinion

Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Postby Lalmohan » 09 Nov 2016 15:26

ok, I will eat crow soup
I still do not think this is a good outcome, but one "we" have to live with
I don't live in America so most of the domestic issues will not affect me - so in many senses it doesn't matter to me personally

the challenges ahead - to deliver all the things he said in his victory speech will likely put the US into recession - and drag much of the world down with it. he will also I think take his revenge on the old guard republicans - but something tells me that the alt-right folks want to do that first before they go after the democrats and then put the darkies back in their place

I am anxious for friends and family in the US who will be on the wrong side of the 'wall' in the days to come

habal
BRF Oldie

Postby habal » 09 Nov 2016 15:31

Lalmohan wrote:ok, I will eat crow soup

immensely gratifying that. :rotfl:

Same apprehensions were relayed when Modi came into power. Minorities under threat, Indian secularism about to fall. World about to collapse.

Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Postby Lalmohan » 09 Nov 2016 15:38

I didn't have those worries about Modi

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Postby ShyamSP » 09 Nov 2016 15:41

Lalmohan wrote:I didn't have those worries about Modi

Americans don't have those worries about Trump if you ignore media projections.

Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Postby Lalmohan » 09 Nov 2016 15:42

what this tells me - and Obama said it in a video yesterday as relayed by the US ambassador to the UK on radio this morning, and the lesson from the brexit experience is that if you live somewhere, you have to actively get involved in the local politics - now more than ever
atleast have a say in the outcome rather than have it done to you

the consequences of this may be very far reaching for the current structure

but then both brexit and trump are anti-establishment votes egged on by the far-right for their own ends in the guise of the common volk who have been betrayed by the bankers and the jews... etc., etc. (sounds familiar?)

Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Postby Lalmohan » 09 Nov 2016 15:43

ShyamSP wrote:

some americans don't, others do
the country is more polarized than it was 4 years ago

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Postby ShyamSP » 09 Nov 2016 15:45

Lalmohan wrote:
ShyamSP wrote:

some americans don't, others do
the country is more polarized than it was 4 years ago

It is other way around. It is more united with Trump victory.
It was Hillary, Obama before, dividing votebanks.

habal
BRF Oldie

Postby habal » 09 Nov 2016 15:50

but lot of 'other' Indians had.

I was a borderline Modi supporter, esp after 26/11 when MMS mumbled something something. And I was seething with rage needing some outlet. In Modi I found some respite for this build up of anger, but around me the 'others' were all in tears and anger at prospect of Modi getting elected. Same arguments as you gave for Trump. I was daily confronted with all kinds of accusations. And lot of fears of being dominated by 'Hindu right' of being 'intimidated by RSS' and of 'Hindu neighbours suddenly ganging up against them'. On some article I read a minority woman saying that the postman would leak her address to RSS. :rotfl:

Some fears are genuine, as the old saying goes 'just because one is paranoid, doesn't mean no one is out to get you'. Standard precautions apply in all cases. But I had an inherent belief and still do, that a son of the soil would serve the country better in the long run than a rootless urban who seeks western validation or a Lahori/Pakistani Hindu with bleeding heart for his compatriots left behind.

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 09 Nov 2016 16:04

from a florida bar in NYT

One man, a few bourbons deep, said he hopes to see a President Trump undo President Obama’s executive orders. He also would love to see Rudy Giuliani as attorney general.

“He wants to encourage our opportunities to be endless,” he said.

He added that he thinks it’s unfair for the United States to accept refugees from war-torn countries, when he has Hispanic friends who are in the United States legally and who have to return to their home countries to renew their visas.

“Why are we willing to accept a Syrian refugee who has no culture, no skills, who has contributed nothing to our society?” he asked.

Liz Guardado, who was sitting at a table with a friend and her boyfriend, said she thought the border wall was “unrealistic,” but that repealing the Affordable Care Act and filling the vacancy left by the death of Justice Antonin Scalia on the Supreme Court should be top priorities under a Trump administration.

“And there will be no more legislating from the bench!” added her friend, Julie Foster.

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Postby Yagnasri » 09 Nov 2016 16:11

The happiest thing than HC's loss is her loss in the hands of DT. Maza aayaa.

Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Postby Lalmohan » 09 Nov 2016 16:16

ShyamSP wrote:It was Hillary, Obama before, dividing votebanks.

with respect, I have spent a lot of time in the US and have known a lot of americans (of many different races and backgrounds) over the years - and I really see a strong polarization.

its the same type of polarization in the UK regarding brexit and remain voters

and Donald is definitely NOT a son of the soil type - I would find him more credible if he were
also, his campaign has been fought on the basis of fear, manipulation and falsehoods - that does not inspire confidence

one can only hope that the machinery of government that he wants to dismantle can keep the ship steady

in terms of his relations with india - I can't see him helping the ITVity wallahs or the H1B wallahs and there will be no Made-in-India support ityadi. there will be lip service to Pakistan (which is now off the Washington radar post bin laden and Afghanistan) and trade wars with china that will probably not be good for indian industry

of course if I am wrong, I will eat more crow soup.

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 09 Nov 2016 16:22

>>his campaign has been fought on the basis of fear, manipulation and falsehoods

the media campaign run by HC and her gang of MSM was 5x worse than the witch hunt on Namo over the years and peaking in 2014. his campaign barely had a presence and no powerful friends in the media. even foxnews did not support him that much as its more of a traditional repub platform, not for a outsider.

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 09 Nov 2016 16:25

agitpapa ‏@agitpapa 1h1 hour ago
LA Times showed you can be pro-Dem & still honest. Only exception to the general corrupt perfidy of the mainstream media.

agitpapa ‏@agitpapa 1h1 hour ago
Only poll that was right: The USC/L.A. Times poll saw what other surveys missed: A wave of Trump support

Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Postby Lalmohan » 09 Nov 2016 16:27

incidentally - what happens if the orange one has to go to court now over the charges of underage rape...?

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 09 Nov 2016 16:29

Sa'ka ‏@BTelawy 3h3 hours ago
#Important: First phone call btw Al-Sisi & Trump to congratulate him, said look to a new spirit in the path of the Egyptian-US relations.
Trevor Timm ‏@trevortimm 4h4 hours ago
Trump "privately muses about all the ways he will punish his enemies after Election Day," @NYTimes reported last week. Good times ahead.

kuznetsov is streaming white smoke now that pope er potus is elected

dawn is breaking over syria ... should be turning into wind soon and launching first strikes of aleppo op soon...

habal
BRF Oldie

Postby habal » 09 Nov 2016 16:31

she has dropped her lawsuit.

Austin
BRF Oldie

Postby Austin » 09 Nov 2016 16:36

Singha wrote:>>his campaign has been fought on the basis of fear, manipulation and falsehoods

the media campaign run by HC and her gang of MSM was 5x worse than the witch hunt on Namo over the years and peaking in 2014. his campaign barely had a presence and no powerful friends in the media. even foxnews did not support him that much as its more of a traditional repub platform, not for a outsider.

Yes , It seemed too polarised for Trump he never had a single MSM media on his side. Modi till had a few.

The only Trump indirect support seems to be Wikileaks which was given ZERO coverage in US MSM
Last edited by Austin on 09 Nov 2016 16:37, edited 1 time in total.

Austin
BRF Oldie

Postby Austin » 09 Nov 2016 16:37

McFaul ex Russian Ambassador to Russia and a Devoted Clinton Supported Blames it on Putin on his tweet , No wonder with such Ambassdor Russian-US relation just went downhill

Twitted Account of McFaul https://twitter.com/McFaul

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 09 Nov 2016 16:39

his famous confrontation with the latino reporter

in general I agree those latinos who are already in US and middle class have no desire to see a illegal horde come in - it devalues their social position, the poorer latinos see a job threat at low end from even cheaper and more desperate labour. they got in they want to keep it that way or atleast under tight control not a free for all.

all the GC NRIs/PIOs have no desire to see more H1/L1 horde threaten their IT jobs and pay increases and make no bones about it. there is no benefit for them and everyone has to look out for own interest and future of their kids. a couple of them has even openly said this on brf. more immigrants also mean more pressure on housing prices at key ITvity node cities. its all a lose lose for the older NRI/PIOs settled there. so they will welcome any move to drastically curtail the h1/l1 thing.

sum
BRF Oldie

Postby sum » 09 Nov 2016 16:45

with respect, I have spent a lot of time in the US and have known a lot of americans (of many different races and backgrounds) over the years - and I really see a strong polarization.

Saar, isnt it the same in India. Almost 101% of members a certain peaceful minority( which forms ~20% of the country's population) ,95% of the other major love-filled minority and 20-30% of the major religion( but they belong to AAP/JNU/xyz) go into rage filed froth the moment Modi is mentioned even today.

I believe all the fears etc being expressed by the "liberals" in US are exactly the same when Modi was to be sworn in. Almost the exact same template and fear-mongering. So, i believe nothing much will change just like nothing much changed after even 3 years of the evil/fascist/muslim-killer NaMo rule

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Postby UlanBatori » 09 Nov 2016 16:54

Projections and results. Normally it goes as projected.

Projections have to be from Reliable Sources. Like UBCN - never wrong, obviously. Let this be a lesson to all of you children.
Now let's dissgus this? :mrgreen:

Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Postby Lalmohan » 09 Nov 2016 16:56

yes - all of that is possible
but the US also has a large number of people with more extreme views on things than many other countries and almost all of them have automatic weapons! :-)

komal
BRFite

Postby komal » 09 Nov 2016 16:58

UlanBatori wrote:
Projections and results. Normally it goes as projected.

Projections have to be from Reliable Sources. Like UBCN - never wrong, obviously. Let this be a lesson to all of you children.
Now let's dissgus this? :mrgreen:

UlanBatori-ji

I will never doubt your word again!!! Unbelievable prescience on your part.

I only hope my fears about Grover Norquist are not realized.
Last edited by komal on 09 Nov 2016 17:00, edited 1 time in total.

IndraD
BRF Oldie

Postby IndraD » 09 Nov 2016 16:59

AdityaM wrote:NRI cousins openly hostile & abusive to Trump on Social media.
What is it about desi US NRI relatives. They think they know best, they think they know all.
and then they go about preaching and propounding.
But then are openly hostile and intolerant when they dont have their way.

same with my elder brother family: passport holder etc etc : typical left libtards questioning Lord Ram etc, IITian ityadi.
Hard core supporter of HC before that Obama , God knows what is wrong with them .
They are behaving as if surgical strike happened on them.

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 09 Nov 2016 17:00

chanakyaa
BRFite

Postby chanakyaa » 09 Nov 2016 17:16

snahata wrote:I predict Trump wins in a landslide and hillary ends up in jail . Even the FBI can see the writing on the wall. Finally, democracy is govt of the people, for the people and by the people. This govt has turned the so called dept of justice into a joke. State secrets are a joke, make copies distribute to whoever, who knows , talk about a banana republic.

Snahata saar, spot on...doubt HRC in jail but interesting time ahead. Red all over. PA, Wise, Mich turing red, amazing...

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Postby UlanBatori » 09 Nov 2016 17:16

Komalj, First time I have paid attention on who is Grover Norquist
I had peripherally imagined that it was some kind of Supreme Court judge, long dead.
Wikipedia:
Norquist serves on the boards of directors of numerous organizations including the National Rifle Association,[48] the American Conservative Union,[2] the Hispanic Leadership Fund, the Indian-American Republican Caucus, and ParentalRights.org, an organization that wishes to add a Parental Rights Amendment to the United States Constitution.[citation needed] In 2010, Norquist joined the advisory board of GOProud, a political organization representing lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender conservatives and their allies, for which he was criticized by the Family Research Council.[49][50] Norquist also sits on a six-person advisory panel that nominates Time magazine’s Person of the Year.[51]
In business, Norquist was a co-founder of the Merritt Group, later renamed Janus-Merritt Strategies.[52]
He is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.[53]

Generally seems to be a Herrow of the T-Party aka Hitler-Youth, but otherwise quite devoid of principle/depth. Surprised that he didn't get recruited by the Clinton Foundation. But being against increasing taxes is not a bad thing.

The BIG disappointment of this election is that the T-Party did not get demolished, in fact they appear to have gathered strength. Yeah, Canada is a bit too cold and Australia too far....

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Postby UlanBatori » 09 Nov 2016 17:18

Here we go: CNN Breaking News:

Russian President wants to resume full-fledged relations with US after Trump victory

chanakyaa
BRFite

Postby chanakyaa » 09 Nov 2016 17:20

According to UBCN, how is Pakistan holding up?

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 09 Nov 2016 17:23

the state department needs a cleanup from top to bottom. if POTUS cracks the whip and does that, TSP will be truly orphaned.

habal
BRF Oldie

Postby habal » 09 Nov 2016 17:24

talk to Chris Christie who is in charge of transition.

darshhan
BRF Oldie

Postby darshhan » 09 Nov 2016 17:27

Lalmohan wrote:incidentally - what happens if the orange one has to go to court now over the charges of underage rape...?

Lalmohan ji, That will most likely happen to Bill Clinton whose fondness for underage girls is an open secret in DC circles. But then if you are stuck with a dyke for wife, one can become crazy over a period of time.

vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Postby vina » 09 Nov 2016 17:28

UlanBatori wrote:The BIG disappointment of this election is that the T-Party did not get demolished, in fact they appear to have gathered strength. Yeah, Canada is a bit too cold and Australia too far....

How saar ? I thought Trump basically demolished all the Repubs (center, right and wing nuts?) and he basically ran a Jayalalitha like campaign and won the election single handedly , despite lack of support by the Repub establishment and the Wing Nuts, and brought the crowd outs by himself ?

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Postby vijayk » 09 Nov 2016 17:35

TSJones
BRF Oldie

Postby TSJones » 09 Nov 2016 17:36

I have no idea why an elderly spoiled rich kid wants to be president.

he's got the planes, the houses and the vacations already.

he doesn't pay any taxes as it is, and its not the money..

it's a s**t job and with unending hours of meetings and work.

and half of the country hates your guts.

I wouldn't want the job that is for sure.
Last edited by TSJones on 09 Nov 2016 17:37, edited 1 time in total.

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Postby vijayk » 09 Nov 2016 17:36

Liberal Trash Filth and human garbage

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Postby vijayk » 09 Nov 2016 17:39

http://www.newsmobile.in/articles/2016/ ... ewsmobile/

Want to work with Modi To stop terror, Trump to NewsMobile

habal
BRF Oldie

Postby habal » 09 Nov 2016 17:41

donald trump has fired up his twitter @ 3:36 am

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
Such a beautiful and important evening! The forgotten man and woman will never be forgotten again. We will all come together as never before

3:36 AM - 9 Nov 2016

habal
BRF Oldie

Postby habal » 09 Nov 2016 17:42

vijayk wrote:Liberal Trash Filth and human garbage

more than melania, it speaks about them no ?

they never made such statements about Sarkozy's wife .. but then I guess he was establishment and launched war on Libya so everything is ok.

Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”