Psy-Ops techniques employed to sucker Indians

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Re: Psy-Ops techniques employed to sucker Indians

Postby shiv » 26 Feb 2017 09:55

Once again Pakis are to be complimented for this good psy-ops effort.
Pleasant looking woman of reproductive age passing a message to the English speaking world.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5kEN3BU0AAuQwi.jpg

..edited later. Turns out that this is the daughter of an Indian officer. This is a gift on a platter to the Paki army from a video posted by a libtard
Last edited by shiv on 26 Feb 2017 21:24, edited 1 time in total.

csaurabh
BRFite

Postby csaurabh » 26 Feb 2017 18:09

shiv wrote:
ArmenT wrote:^^^^
Admittedly the list of questions/answers are not too hard to memorize if you spend the time reading up, but I actually know of a couple of people that failed the test. When I took the test, I'm proud to say I got all of them correct (including naming all 13 original states and my house representative -- examiner later admitted to me that he asked me all 10 questions even though I got the first 6 right because he wanted to see if I would miss one). By the way, there are two parts to the citizenship test. The first part is the oral test that I just alluded to above. Then they have an English proficiency test after that, where you read a given sentence and write another one in English. Finish both tests and voila, you pass and have to come back a few weeks later for the swearing in ceremony.

In fact I want to create a similar questionnaire with equivalent questions about India to Indian citizens who are educated and fluent in English and I am certain that those who are honest will score less than they did when the tried the US test. Shows the way we are hammered by the US sourced media which we welcome, embrace and lap up

Say Atlanta and I will say Georgia. But say Rajnandgaon and I will say duh. That is what I mean.

I was at a Surgical conference last week and met a surgeon from Jalor. Guess where Jalor is? I didn't know. Scan the Indian media and they are as dumb as I am. They blurt out place names with no mention of the state. That would help Indians know their own country better than the current state where everyone knows that Austin>Texas

I got 85%. No prepraration, no googling ( and neither stay or work in USA ).

Its not surprising really. American news media and films essentially beat out the message that everything in the USA is 'important' and thus worth knowing. Conversely, Indians living in India largely don't know anything much about India other than what they see in Bollywood ( a copy of Hollywood ) and news media ( copied from American news media ). But it doesn't matter anyway, because knowledge about India is not deemed important.

Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Postby Agnimitra » 14 Sep 2017 22:50

Sharing this - it is an initiative that is looking for manpower to monitor media as well as to contribute articles. I think BRF can naturally funnel its media psy-ops threads into this effort:
---------------

Namaste

I am sharing the scope of work of Samachara Bharati Cultural Association; Do go through it at leisure and we could plan to add people corresponding to each of it. 

You are aware that most of the narrative regarding Bharat by the academia and media has been non-Bharat centric. Samachara Bharati Cultural Association works to facilitate ideation, to construct a correct national narrative, to propagate positive ideas, and to combat inaccurate analysis and propaganda about our nation and its heritage. It works in all segments of society that influence public opinion and trains youth who are committed to positive change. 

ACTIVITIES IN BRIEF 

Vishwa Samvad Kendra

We have started a small media centre for basically serving viewpoints, positive developments and challenges that our Rashtra / Dharma is facing. We are running a news portal for this cause - www.vsktelangana.org ; The centre also networks among working journalists who are nation

Monthly Newsletter in Telugu : 

A monthly newsletter in Telugu is sent to over 6000 villages in the country keeping them abreast about the positive developments in the state and country and some activities which can be replicated in their village too. Currently we send over 26000 copies of this. 

Wikipedia & Social Media Workshops : 

Wikipedia is one of the most popular source of information. This is a huge battle out there with a number of admins in the wiki stable who look at all Bharat/ Hindu issues from a negative standpoint. We are currently making efforts to educate people to understand the wiki battles and how to make a positive contribution there. 

Citizen Journalism Workshops : 

One of the key initaitives that we have taken up is to train people esp youth to get involved in building narrative by making vlogs, audio blogs, write blogs and also make their voice heard by writing and responding to news articles etc.. 

Drishya Samvad Kendra

The centre would develop small videos of motivational events, speeches, bio-sketches. 

Narada Jayanti  & Narada Puraskaar

This program in Narada Jayanti falls on Vaishakh Krishna pratipada.

This day is also popularly called, “Patrakar Diwas” and is celebrated by publication houses and media houses owing to Sage Narada’s nature of communicating information. We felicitate journalists who have made an important contribution to the field of positive journalism through this event. 

Short Films : 

We organised a short film festival - www.kakatiyafilmfestival.com on Social themes like harmony, service and social responsibility. Had good traction with about 83 short films being submitted by youth. We are planning to do this on a regular basis. 

Request for Contributions

We seek people who can invest time in writing,, translations, audio records, transliterations, convert into books, contribute hardware and also who give financial contributions. 

1. Intellectual inputs by virtue of sharing articles, books, notes etc...

2. News Watch - Watching and documenting news concerning Bharat or news that would impact Bharat in the long run; Also global trends.

3. Watching and archiving positive work that could be spread widely.

4. Digital Library - Archival and making compendiums of books ( short write ups)

5. Translations - Telugu to English, English/ Hindi to Telugu 

6. Repository of inspirational, motivational films 

7. Development of apps, assistance in development and management of websites.

8. Social media reach

9. Transliteration - hearing audio files and making transcripts of the same

10.Hardware & software support like laptops, Recorders, Video camera etc, software licenses, buying cloud space .. 

11. Making short films for our causes 

12. Helping create a networking among journalists and editors. 

13. Volunteer to provide training on media tools and writing

14. Financial contributions ; The contributions have tax benefit of 80G of IT Act

Cheques and Online payments to be made on 

SAMACHARA BHARATI CULTURAL ASSOCIATION

A/c No.SB406690549
INDIAN BANK

NARAYANAGUDA

HYDERABAD

IFSC Code IDIB000N015

It would be great if you could associate in any of the above tasks. Also if you could refer well-wishers of our cause, it would be great. 

dhanyavaad

Ayush

http://samacharabharati.org/

www.vsktelangana.org 

sudarshan
BRFite

Postby sudarshan » 31 Oct 2018 20:58

Couldn't find a better thread.

For Halloween, Google (doodle) has come out with an online multi-player game, green vs. purple.

Those with more malicious minds would see the opportunity to play some mischief against Google.

In the game (if you tried playing it, you'd know), you become a ghoul who goes out gathering spirits to bring to your base camp, but the other camp can grab those spirits from you and take them to their base camp. One of the colors is "green."

For all anyone knows, that might be the actual motivation behind the game :P.

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Postby A_Gupta » 01 Apr 2019 18:22

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... ws/586123/

Fake News Is Endangering India's Election

The country’s political parties are spreading misinformation about their opponents to gain votes. It’s working.

Ravi Karumanchiri
BRFite

Postby Ravi Karumanchiri » 01 Apr 2019 19:37

Facebook removes dozens of Indian, Pakistani pages

Total of 805 pages, accounts linked to Indian opposition party, Pakistani military removed for 'inauthentic behaviour'.
an hour ago

Facebook has removed more than 1,100 pages, groups and accounts from India and Pakistan because of "coordinated inauthentic behaviour or spam" on the social media platform.

Facebook announced on Monday taking down 687 pages and accounts linked to India's main opposition Congress party, just days before voting begins in a general election, for engaging in coordinated inauthentic behaviour.

<snip>

Their posts included local news and criticism of political opponents such as Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Facebook said.

"While the people behind this activity attempted to conceal their identities, our review found that it was connected to individuals associated with an INC (Indian National Congress) IT Cell," Nathaniel Gleicher, Head of Cybersecurity Policy at Facebook, said in a statement.

<snip>

'Pakistani military' pages targeted

Another 103 pages and accounts originating from Pakistan that spread information about Pakistani politics and political leaders, the Indian government and the Pakistani military were also removed from Facebook and Instagram, a photo and video-sharing social networking service owned by Facebook, Inc.

The social media platform said the pages and accounts were directly linked to the Pakistani military's press wing, the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR)

"The individuals behind this activity used fake accounts to operate military fan pages; general Pakistani interest pages; Kashmir community pages; and hobby and news pages," said the statement.

The network included 24 pages, 57 Facebook accounts, seven groups and 15 Instagram accounts, all of which were followed by more than 2.8 million people, Facebook said.

"Although the people behind this activity attempted to conceal their identities, our investigation found that it was linked to employees of the ISPR (Inter-Service Public Relations) of the Pakistani military," said the statement.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/04/ ... 26653.html

arshyam
BRF Oldie

Postby arshyam » 01 Apr 2019 20:25

A_Gupta wrote:https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2019/04/india-misinformation-election-fake-news/586123/

The country’s political parties are spreading misinformation about their opponents to gain votes. It’s working.

A question all: What's not to say this article too is part of psy-ops? Slowly place such articles around various publications WW which can be used later by our own gullible folks to question the legitimacy of the election? WW publications automatically lend them the gravitas and our people consider them "trustoworthy" and provide a prop to build a narrative.

dnivas
BRFite

Postby dnivas » 02 Apr 2019 00:47

Complete details of what has been removed

https://newsroom.fb.com/news/2019/04/ci ... -pakistan/

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Postby A_Gupta » 02 Apr 2019 02:51

arshyam wrote:
A_Gupta wrote:https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2019/04/india-misinformation-election-fake-news/586123/

A question all: What's not to say this article too is part of psy-ops? Slowly place such articles around various publications WW which can be used later by our own gullible folks to question the legitimacy of the election? WW publications automatically lend them the gravitas and our people consider them "trustoworthy" and provide a prop to build a narrative.

That was the point. I thought this thread was to collect examples of psy-ops.
My twitter reply to the two desi authors of this article was, when the Economic Times breathlessly reports "India's debt doubled under Modi", and doesn't mention that the key measure is "Debt-to-GDP ratio", which has remained steady under Modi (at around 68-69%) , why won't that be classified as misinformation by these authors?

arshyam
BRF Oldie

Postby arshyam » 02 Apr 2019 10:20

^^ Got it, thanks.

nandakumar
BRFite

Postby nandakumar » 02 Apr 2019 11:09

General rule of thumb in Psy-Ops. Move seamlessly through relative data and absolute numbers to fit a particular narrative.

Varoon Shekhar
BRFite

Postby Varoon Shekhar » 02 Apr 2019 21:49

This is going back a ways, but the sentiments are sure to be expressed in the present. Someone named Anita Bhatia, writing in the period 1985-87 for an American think tank or government organisation, strongly cautioned India about vigorously pursuing a space programme. The main idea is that it would cause Pakistan and other developing countries to commence their own programmes, thus leading to destabilisation in the wider region. And from purely India itself, it would result in militarisation of space, since all space faring has a strong military dimension. She also brought up the immense costs a space programme would entail for a poor country.

But the line that sticks with me( unfortunately) is the closing one in her article, where she implores India to seriously "consider its policy options". Oh gawwwwd. An Indian or person of Indian origin talking like that, and about her country of birth/origin.

Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”