A Poll on the American election - 2016

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.

Who do you want to win the US election ?

Poll ended at 07 Nov 2016 01:30

Hillary Clinton
11%
Donald Trump
89%

Total votes: 123

Lilo
BRF Oldie

A Poll on the American election - 2016

Post by Lilo »

A poll as most here in BRF would have made up their minds by now.
Just to be clear this is not a predictive poll on who will win, its a poll on who must win.

There are only two choices - Hillary or Trump.
Intentionally no choices were given for below two opinions, because these choices dont exist in reality.
1)Both are equal equal(i.e both are same) and it doesnt matter who wins.
2)Neither of them should win.

Poll will run for 10 days(i.e upto US election).
Changing votes is allowed - mostly for that case where some one mistakenly votes for a candidate they abhor.

Please use this thread to only give opinion on the poll outcome as it stands at anypoint of time or to post on why a candidate deserved your vote or to just publicly announce the candidate you voted for.Do not address or discuss each others choices on this thread.

All such discussions can be taken to the understanding US thread linked below...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7243
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Re: A Poll on the American election - 2016

Post by Lilo »

Ive voted my preference for Trump winning this election.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

I've voted my preference for Hillary Clinton. There are grave dangers for India with her victory, but the one upside is that the risks are largely known and quantifiable... behind-the-scenes networks of operation, patronage, and vested interests that will define her policies can be tracked through well-established methods. Specific pressure points and inducements can be identified and operationalized with plentiful information and abundant foresight.

From the POV of a risk-management strategy it's a no-brainer. For an India riven with internal and external enemies, newly gifted with a capable leader and striving hard for a stable path to achieving her long-suppressed potential, Clinton's predictability is of greater value than anything reliable or concrete that the other candidate has offered. Rest is popcorn onlee.
Y. Kanan
BRFite

Post by Y. Kanan »

I prefer a Trump victory, however unlikely it may be. Hillary will be a disaster for India. I don't see how any patriotic Indian would want Hillary president, unless they're NRI's who've abandoned India and just don't care any more.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Lilo, Thanks for starting the poll. Looks like we have some responses.

I would like posters who voted to describe how each candidate HRC/DT would impact India.
Not NRIS living in US.

One or two lines are enough. No long paras needed.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

I have not voted on this poll. I am a NRI. From an Indian perspective, a Republican administration (regardless of leader) is slightly better. Trump's bias against muslims and unfair trade view on China can be exploited for Indian interests. Trump brings in unpredictability, which if exploited by Indian leadership can be fruitful. A republican administration has been traditionally willing to be more proactive on FP than democratic one's. I do not mind it, if he goes guns blazing on ISIS, wrecking west Asia. It serves Indian interests. The risk is enemy countries like China and Pakistan too can exploit Tump's unpredictability, so that is a risk but overall that risk seems to be skewed to India's favor with a Trump administration. e.g: We may get a shot at Pokhran III with no boo-brah!

On the other side, I am a resident here and my family naturalized or born Americans. I find Trump a racist, narcissist, sexist, bigoted, idiotic, dumb, unethical, liar and scum. :) Little too much for my personal taste.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

There are at least 2 other candidates on the ballot....
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

IOW words you can align with ten cartoons posted by Raja Bose!!!

UB, Those are not viable and hence not being considered.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

ramana wrote:IOW words you can align with ten cartoons posted by Raja Bose!!!
Haven't seen them?
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

OK, searched and got it. x-post.
Raja Bose wrote:US Elections for Dummies in 10 cartoons (I just mailed in my vote):

From: http://townhall.com/tipsheet/erikahaas/ ... n-n2237268

Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

There is one very definite loser in this election - American Media.

Their reputation sinks waaay lower than even Indian MSM - which I did not think was possible. This view of American media as populated by complete retards is likely to endure for a long time - much longer than either Hillary or Trump's reign.
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

clintons are criminals and will be no good for india or US. Trump will win and will be good for both India and US even if he does half of what he says. Also selfishly Trump will be good for the medical profession, dems specially (and republicans also) have destroyed this profession in US.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

Interesting that FiveThirtyEight's election forecast is exactly opposite of BRF's poll

BRF (who do you want to win?)
HRC: 12%
DT: 88%

FiveThirtyEight (chances of winning electoral votes)
HRC: 82%
DT: 18%

Who will win the presidency?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

538 poll is who will win?
This poll is who do you want to win?
Different no?
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Just shows the fears of brf when someone many members want trump.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Why on earth do we have a dedicated thread for an election in a different country on a bharat rakshakf forum? Are we going to have have polls for elections in every country now?

Wasn't "Understanding.." dhaga enough?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Kashi wrote:Why on earth do we have a dedicated thread for an election in a different country on a bharat rakshakf forum? Are we going to have have polls for elections in every country now?

Wasn't "Understanding.." dhaga enough?
US elections are like a bad stink. It seeps into every crevice. This is a drama that goes on every 4 years. Reminds me of my dog (a bitch) in heat. When she is in heat - all she wants is to get laid and will concentrate on nothing else. Americans get into this heat every 4 years.

Arnab Goswami made an inteersting point in some Amreeki/phoren panel discussion. He said that only 30-40% of Americans are intereted in foreignnews, but 70% Indians are. Add to that the fact that 97% of media are dominated by America.

So we turd worlders must endure as the sole superpower talks about the next ruler of the wrold
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

I voted for chillary based on the theory that a known De-vil is better than an unknown one. i initially supported Trump but sorry this guy is a total freak show.

The biggest Danger i see is if Chillary's fav staffer becomes the next sec of State. not sure she will pass the confirmation process.

i see Turdesai & Burkha moving to US news as a sign of incomes being squeezed @ home.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

all this poll shows is that Hindu nationalists and jingos support the Donald.

which btw, the NYT has already reported.

however, most US desis are for hillary.

they lurve that college campus correctness. :-?
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

^
I wont be so sure.
The poll results (29 vs 3 atleast till now) show that the "silent majority" of US based desis on brf too support DT.
Its just that HC's Indian origin supporters seem to be more vocal - or given more prominence by the American media.In that regard Arjun ji is quite correct.
Arjun wrote:There is one very definite loser in this election - American Media.

Their reputation sinks waaay lower than even Indian MSM - which I did not think was possible. This view of American media as populated by complete retards{& mostly complete sellouts} is likely to endure for a long time - much longer than either Hillary or Trump's reign.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

i see Turdesai & Burkha moving to US news as a sign of incomes being squeezed @ home.
any chance we can speed up the process? Sooner the better. They can take the entire network with them.

Raman sir, yes diff polls, but the stark contrast was interesting. 538 was spot on in predicting easy win for OB in 2012, inspite of media infused "anything can happen"?
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Politics
Indian Americans vote solidly Democratic, but some hope Trump can change that

The event is also unusual because the Indian American community overwhelmingly leans Democratic, with 70 percent planning to vote for Hillary Clinton compared with 7 percent for Trump, according to the most recent polls.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Kashi and Shiv,
The other point is all the debates are natakbazi, they are administered and run by the two largest parties. Essentially they shut off everyone else, and make them "unviable". When Ralph Nader affected Gore, and that made an interesting distraction for some time. The American elections offer the people a false dilemma. And it is a reflection of American politics where people have to pick the lesser of the two evils, because no other candidate is 'viable'. The argumentative ask "Why waste your vote?"

Be it religion, war or elections - America just likes two choices. It is said competition is good, I guess not in all spheres.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

TSJones wrote:all this poll shows is that Hindu nationalists and jingos support the Donald.

See. We have more in common with Texas rednecks than you thought.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

^If you are talking about the 7% Trump supporters among Indian americans, then may be yes, but otherwise the answer would be a big NO.
HKumar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by HKumar »

Dipanker wrote:Politics
Indian Americans vote solidly Democratic, but some hope Trump can change that

The event is also unusual because the Indian American community overwhelmingly leans Democratic, with 70 percent planning to vote for Hillary Clinton compared with 7 percent for Trump, according to the most recent polls.

Before any math genius comes up this "HC is 70% so DT must be 30% ...." . HC is 70, Gary Johnson +Stein is 9% , DT is 7% and don't know/wont answer are 13% .

If you break the 13% don't knows into proportional distributions its comes to HC is 82%, Gary Johnson+Stein is 10% , DT is 9%

Its total shame that Trump has been advised to use Modi's slogan. Its insulting to associate Trump to Modi in any way.

source - http://naasurvey.com/wp-content/uploads ... report.pdf (pages 18/19 ....)
HKumar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by HKumar »

SwamyG wrote:Kashi and Shiv,
The other point is all the debates are natakbazi, they are administered and run by the two largest parties. Essentially they shut off everyone else, and make them "unviable". When Ralph Nader affected Gore, and that made an interesting distraction for some time. The American elections offer the people a false dilemma. And it is a reflection of American politics where people have to pick the lesser of the two evils, because no other candidate is 'viable'. The argumentative ask "Why waste your vote?"

Be it religion, war or elections - America just likes two choices. It is said competition is good, I guess not in all spheres.
the Presidential Debates are run by Commission on Presidential Debates - which is non-partisan non-political non-profit with NO contribution from Government/Parties/Candidates. They don't shut off anybody. If a candidate is polling >= 15% from previously selected national polls they are called for debate.

Debates are not ALL natakbazi. Yes there is an element of drama in it but its helped or broke candidates. Some debates are typical cookie cutters but most are not. Most Governor level debates ( Yes - they have TV debates at Governor and US Senate and Congress too and even local elections at town community centers ) include at least 3 candidates - Dem, Rep, Lib / Ind

You are entitled to your opinions on American voting system but not to your own facts and you are sorely wrong on facts.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

I asked this on twitter.. You are given a "Ram Baan" with two targets and only one kill allowed.
Your choice:

1. Vibeeshan(an)
2. Soorpanaka(i)

Say V+ or V++ or V+n, same for S is enough. :)
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Of course "S". Since the modern day "S" as POTUS will precipitate WWIII.

I abhor the POTUS wannabe "S"., I find Hillary a racist, narcissist, sexist, bigoted, idiotic, dumb, unethical, liar and scum.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

HKumar wrote: the Presidential Debates are run by Commission on Presidential Debates - which is non-partisan non-political non-profit with NO contribution from Government/Parties/Candidates. They don't shut off anybody. If a candidate is polling >= 15% from previously selected national polls they are called for debate.

Debates are not ALL natakbazi. Yes there is an element of drama in it but its helped or broke candidates. Some debates are typical cookie cutters but most are not. Most Governor level debates ( Yes - they have TV debates at Governor and US Senate and Congress too and even local elections at town community centers ) include at least 3 candidates - Dem, Rep, Lib / Ind

You are entitled to your opinions on American voting system but not to your own facts and you are sorely wrong on facts.
Oh really? Face Palm :rotfl:

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/com ... n_20160927

It is sponsored by Dems and Repubs.
HKumar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by HKumar »

SwamyG wrote:
HKumar wrote: the Presidential Debates are run by Commission on Presidential Debates - which is non-partisan non-political non-profit with NO contribution from Government/Parties/Candidates. They don't shut off anybody. If a candidate is polling >= 15% from previously selected national polls they are called for debate.

Oh really? Face Palm :rotfl:

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/com ... n_20160927

It is sponsored by Dems and Repubs.

face palm indeed.... :roll: An opinion piece from a person who runs a advocacy group against 2 party system and never votes for the 2 major parties :D
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

^
Folks all these opinion pieces & discussions on two party system & rigged presidential debates can be had in the understanding US thread.
MurthyB
BRFite
Location: "Visa Officer", Indian Consulate #13,451, Khost Province, Afghanistan

Post by MurthyB »

Mort Walker wrote:
TSJones wrote:all this poll shows is that Hindu nationalists and jingos support the Donald.

See. We have more in common with Texas rednecks than you thought.
Hillbullies vs Hillbillies :mrgreen:
Akshay Kapoor
Forum Moderator

Post by Akshay Kapoor »

SaiK wrote:I asked this on twitter.. You are given a "Ram Baan" with two targets and only one kill allowed.
Your choice:

1. Vibeeshan(an)
2. Soorpanaka(i)

Say V+ or V++ or V+n, same for S is enough. :)
? explain pls
MurthyB
BRFite
Location: "Visa Officer", Indian Consulate #13,451, Khost Province, Afghanistan

Post by MurthyB »

Image :rotfl:
GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

voted for DT. My rationale as below.

India wants multi polar world - that cannot happen until khan is messing around through various pakis and paki organizations including those in and around the oceans and land. Only one candidate talks about withdrawing from various fronts, peace with russia, etc. With him talking about reducing nato budget, I am hoping (may be a stretch) there might be reductions in SD budget for various evj ngos.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

HKumar wrote: face palm indeed.... :roll: An opinion piece from a person who runs a advocacy group against 2 party system and never votes for the 2 major parties :D
You can read Wiki, but then you would say Wiki is not trustworthy. You can read debates.org, but then you would see that they just sponsored and it is all truly unbiased and impartial. Different people like different kewl-aid.
jagga
BRFite

Post by jagga »

I want Trump to win. I see Hillary as mirror image of Sonia, of course with much more power and that makes her dangerous. She is crooked, dangerous, corrupt, narcissist. Trump, I believe, would be better for India. Also, if he does even half of what he is saying, he will be much better president for Aam Amrikis.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Dipanker wrote:^If you are talking about the 7% Trump supporters among Indian americans, then may be yes, but otherwise the answer would be a big NO.
It's OK my friend. You can always vote for Sonia Maino and Kangress stooges come 2019. :lol:
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Mort Walker wrote: It's OK my friend. You can always vote for Sonia Maino and Kangress stooges come 2019. :lol:
Don't know about that, but certainly not for the right wing nut jobs!