Understanding US thread-III

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding US thread-III

Post by Philip »

O'Bummer getting the "Bum's rush" what?! :rotfl:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01 ... ack-obama/
Resignation and divisions at exclusive Maryland golf club over Barack Obama membership – and his Israel policies

Barney Henderson, new york
17 JANUARY 2017 • 10:30AM
It was founded more than century ago as a refuge for Jewish American golfers being discriminated against, but now a Maryland country club is facing its own exclusion row over whether to admit Barack Obama.

Several members at the exclusive Woodmont Country Club have said an application by the outgoing US president, a keen golfer, to join the historically Jewish club should be rejected because of his Israel policies.

Other members have spoken out about the apparent discrimination within the club, with one lifelong member, a local mayor, resigning in disgust.

Citing Mr Obama's decision last month to abstain from a UN security council resolution criticising Israeli settlements, members have said he could "destroy" the club, where he played four times during his presidency.

Faith Goldstein wrote in an email obtained by The Washington Post: “He has created a situation in the world where Israel’s very existence is weakened and possibly threatened... He is not welcome at Woodmont. His admittance would create a storm that could destroy our club.”

Marc B. Abrams, a lawyer, said it was “inconceivable” that Mr Obama could be welcomed as a member due to his position on Israel.

Explaining his decision to resign from the club, Jeffrey Slavin, a mayor in Montgomery County, wrote in an email to the general manager: “I can no longer belong to a community: Where Intolerance is accepted; Where History is forgotten; Where Freedom of Speech is denied; And where the nation’s first black president is disrespected.”

He later explained that "unless someone did something bold, the club would do nothing”.
Mr Obama was widely criticised by Israeli officials following the UN vote for "abandoning the Jewish state".

"It was to be expected that Israel's greatest ally would act in accordance with the values that we share and that they would have vetoed this disgraceful resolution. I have no doubt that the new US administration and the incoming UN Secretary General will usher in a new era in terms of the UN's relationship with Israel," Danny Danon, Israel's UN ambassador, said at the time.

Barack Obama's motorcade arriving at Woodmont Country Club CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES
A spokesman for Benjamin Netanyahu, the Israeli prime minister, accused the Obama administration of "colluding" with the UN, adding that the prime minister was looking forward to working with Donald Trump, the president-elect.

Members of the golf club were said to have been offended further by a speech by John Kerry, Mr Obama's secretary of state, at the end of last month.

Mr Kerry accused Mr Netanyahu of standing in the way of peace in the Middle East.

“In light of the votes at the UN and the Kerry speech and everything else, there’s this major uproar with having him part of the club, and a significant portion of the club has opposed offering him membership,” a source told the New York Post.

An unnamed official from a Jewish organisation in Washington reportedly said: "Can you imagine how angry I would be if I had paid $80,000 to have to look at this guy who has done more to damage Israel than any president in American history?"

There was no comment from Barry Forman, the club president.

It is unclear whether Mr Obama is even intending to apply to become a member of the club, which charges an $80,000 initiation fee and nearly $10,000 in annual fees.

However, several reports have stated it is his course of choice in the Washington DC area once he vacates the White House later this week and moves in to a rented house in the Kalorama suburb, north of the capital.

The club was founded by the Jewish community in 1913, at a time when Jewish golfers were routinely rejected from other courses in the area.

“Woodmont was a place you could go when you weren’t welcome anywhere else,” Mr Slavin said. “There are so many ironies here."
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

the Israeli right really really detest Obama - because he is seen as being too kind to the Palestinians. this spreads out to the overseas diaspora
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

Mort Walker wrote: Perhaps they will win elections and the press will cite DT's victory, but again this is entirely misread.
so whilst ruling parties will shift to the right overall, I don't think any of the Nazis will get to any serious power. Austria came very very very close last year but has stepped back from the brink. Hungary and Poland are wavering.

and I agree, its not the Nazis who voted DT into office - but they were promoted/used/exploited - call it what you will

however, the Nazis/fascists in ALL western countries will feel emboldened. I would say that DT has more to fear from a Nazi putsch in the heartland than he does from the Democrats
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

When you push native people into poverty with your policies and want to lecture them with PC rubbish anything can happen. When we are not ready to accept B'deshis into our nation how we can expect EU fellows to accept ME people while Jihadi activities are on raise.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

We'll need an "Understanding Trump" thread.
The Times of London "how they reported it" versus "what Trump actually said". All the following is quotes from the link at the end of the article.

What Times of London wrote:
[Trump] will agree a nuclear weapons reduction deal with President Putin of Russia in return for lifting US sanctions.
What Trump actually said:

Q: Do you support European sanctions against Russia?

A: Well, I think you know — people have to get together and people have to do what they have to do in terms of being fair. OK? They have sanctions on Russia — let’s see if we can make some good deals with Russia. For one thing, I think nuclear weapons should be way down and reduced very substantially, that’s part of it. But you do have sanctions and Russia’s hurting very badly right now because of sanctions, but I think something can happen that a lot of people are gonna benefit.
He was highly critical of Russia’s intervention in Syria, however, describing it as “a very bad thing” that had led to a “terrible humanitarian situation”.

Q: Do you think that what’s happened in Syria now with Putin intervening is a good thing or a bad thing?

A: Nah, I think it’s a very rough thing. It’s a very bad thing, we had a chance to do something when we had the line in the sand and it wasn’t — nothing happened. That was the only time — and now, it’s sort of very late. It’s too late. Now everything is over — at some point it will come to an end — but Aleppo was nasty. I mean when you see them shooting old ladies walking out of town — they can’t even walk and they’re shooting ’em — it almost looks like they’re shooting ’em for sport — ah no, that’s a terrible — that’s been a terrible situation. Aleppo has been such a terrible humanitarian situation.
He believes that Angela Merkel made a “catastrophic mistake” when she let more than a million migrants into Germany, adding that the EU had become “a vehicle for Germany”

Q: When Obama came for his last visit to Berlin, he said that if he could vote in the upcoming election he would vote for Angela Merkel. Would you?

A: Well, I don’t know who she’s running against, number one, I’m just saying, I don’t know her, I’ve never met her. As I said, I’ve had great respect for her. I felt she was a great, great leader. I think she made one very catastrophic mistake and that was taking all of these illegals, you know taking all of the people from wherever they come from. And nobody even knows where they come from. You’ll find out, you got a big dose of it a week ago. So I think she made a catastrophic mistake, very bad mistake. Now, with that being said, I respect her, I like her, but I don’t know her. So I can’t talk about who I’m gonna be backing — if anyone.

[From another section of the transcript] Q: In your campaign you said Angela Merkel’s policy on Syrian refugees was insane. Do you still think so?

A: I think it’s not good. I think it was a big mistake for Germany. And Germany of all countries, ’cause Germany was one of the toughest in the world for having anybody go in, and, uh, no I think it was a mistake. And I’ll see her and I’ll meet her and I respect her. And I like her but I think it was a mistake. And people make mistakes but I think it was a very big mistake. I think we should have built safe zones in Syria. Would have been a lot less expensive. Uh, get the Gulf states to pay for ’em who aren’t coming through, I mean they’ve got money that nobody has.

Would have been a lot less expensive than the trauma that Germany’s going through now — but I would have said — you build safe zones in Syria. Look, this whole thing should have never happened. Iraq should not have been attacked in the first place, all right? It was one of the worst decisions, possibly the worst decision ever made in the history of our country. We’ve unleashed — it’s like throwing rocks into a beehive. It’s one of the great messes of all time. I looked at something, uh, I’m not allowed to show you because it’s classified – but, I just looked at Afghanistan and you look at the Taliban – and you take a look at every, every year its more, more, more, you know they have the different colours – and you say, you know – what’s going on?
Any clue was to what Trump meant by "they [the Taliban] have the different colours"?

Transcript: {behind a registration wall}
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/ ... -5d39sr09d
What was reported:
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/ ... -6hl2hl73l
The comparison:
http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/1/ ... y-reported
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

are you suggesting that what was paraphrased and reported as DT's view is at variance with what he actually said?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Any clue was to what Trump meant by "they [the Taliban] have the different colours"?
As I read it, he was referring to the different colors used on a map to denote who controls where. Green for Taliban-controlled, Blue for US/NATO, maybe orange for Good Moderate Non-Beheading Child Molester Taliban Paid by CIA, black for ISIS. brown for Good ISI-sponsored ISIS, and white for "Afghan Government". And he's saying the green and black occupy more and more each year, the white and blue less and less, so he asks what's going on with that?
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

BMW refuses to get bullied by Trump
Largest plant is in Spartanburg, SC, and exports 70% of its output. That's going to be a hard argument to refute, hain? But those are larger (more expensive) cars, the X-3 is cheaper and has to compete against the Awesome, UnBeatable, Dream Toyota RAV4 for instance.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

At least we have some people on the forum who really understand Trump!

But still there is no justification for his unhinged tweets.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

He loves to pick a fight and fights dirty. MSM facing insurgency from DT who is going to be President. :rotfl: That is asymmetric warfare reversed. :mrgreen: All power crezy fellow using smallest of the things he can do to hit back on a weak and discredited gang. :D
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

Yagnasri wrote:He loves to pick a fight and fights dirty. MSM facing insurgency from DT who is going to be President. :rotfl: That is asymmetric warfare reversed. :mrgreen: All power crezy fellow using smallest of the things he can do to hit back on a weak and discredited gang. :D
Yes, he is focused on the key issues that matters to millions of Americans -- getting BMW and Mercedes out of the country.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Trump will keep blowing his trumpet ( and fuse ), but media will actually beat him like drums. We are in for 4 fun filled years ahead of us! Have fun watching SNL every saturday!
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

alec Baldwin for president!
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

T.R. Ramachandran: the public evidence shows that Russia was behind the DNC hack.

http://electionado.com/canvas/1484508008585

Long and detailed.
LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

2 more days to go. On that auspicious day Putin will become the leader of the free world.

Edited to add the name of the new Tsar of USA.
Last edited by LokeshC on 18 Jan 2017 02:36, edited 1 time in total.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

Putin says those behind Trump dossier are 'worse than prostitutes'
Putin dismissed as an “obvious fake” the idea that Trump could have been compromised during a 2013 trip to Moscow for the Miss Universe competition.

“This is an adult, and a man who for years organised beauty contests and spoke with the most beautiful women in the world. I can hardly believe that he ran off to meet with our girls of low social morals. Although of course ours are the best in the world,” said Putin.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

@Komal - No one is going to leave the US market sirs. DT or no DT all have to sell their products and make money.Only question is how and where jobs are created.If it is profitable to them to make them in US they do it and if is not then they do not do it. If DT can make jobs for the US citizens then he will win next time or we may have some crazy Dem lefty next time.
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

Yagnasri wrote:@Komal - No one is going to leave the US market sirs. DT or no DT all have to sell their products and make money.Only question is how and where jobs are created.If it is profitable to them to make them in US they do it and if is not then they do not do it. If DT can make jobs for the US citizens then he will win next time or we may have some crazy Dem lefty next time.
Threatening companies doesn't create jobs. I have no doubt that he will prevent companies from shutting down factories for whatever reason.

I have a small business. All our software development is done in India. All our accounting is now done in India. Our marketing materials will all soon be designed and produced by a firm in Chennai. The cost savings are spent in the USA (e.g., expanded travel budget, expanded budget to advertise in trade publications) And if my product takes off, the benefits will accrue to millions of Americans.

His policies are positively Nehruvian/Mamata. As I have suggested, he should put a bust of Nehru and Mamata in the WH.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

BO commutes sentence for Chelsea Manning; pardons Adm. Cartwright.
If wasn't such a chicken-weasel he would have given the Medal of Freedom to Manning instead of to Biden.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

A_Gupta wrote:T.R. Ramachandran: the public evidence shows that Russia was behind the DNC hack.

http://electionado.com/canvas/1484508008585

Long and detailed.
It is Hilarious (pun intended) to see a civilian pronouncing the conclusion from "evidence" made "public" by the CIA. U don't think the CIA is good at making "evidence" seem convincing? :rotfl:
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

^^^Clearly you have not read the piece.

PS: or else the private firms Cylance,Fidelis, Crowdstrike, Symantec, Mandiant, SecureWorks are all CIA fronts.
Last edited by A_Gupta on 18 Jan 2017 09:33, edited 1 time in total.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

UlanBatori wrote:BO commutes sentence for Chelsea Manning; pardons Adm. Cartwright.
If wasn't such a chicken-weasel he would have given the Medal of Freedom to Manning instead of to Biden.
What can he do? As long as Manning was a man he can not do anything. But now he/she is Chelsea so Obomber surely can not help himself but to pardon him/her.

@Komal sir - While I do agree that threats do not create jobs, I also have seen in India a healthy dose of threats are required to keep the top level moneybags in line and I am sure top level moneybags of all nations all think alike.

If it is economically viable and cheap for you to do all your works in the US, then you will do it. If the US removes all the headache regulations, also you may think of doing work in the US. DT has to ensure it becomes easy and cheap for people like you to do all their activity in the US. As of now, the GOP says the regulations and Obomber care, etc. are killing the job creation in the US. So DT has to deregulate a lot of things and also look into the tax code. Then we will know if GOP ideas are right.
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

Yagnasri wrote:
@Komal sir - While I do agree that threats do not create jobs, I also have seen in India a healthy dose of threats are required to keep the top level moneybags in line and I am sure top level moneybags of all nations all think alike.

If it is economically viable and cheap for you to do all your works in the US, then you will do it. If the US removes all the headache regulations, also you may think of doing work in the US. DT has to ensure it becomes easy and cheap for people like you to do all their activity in the US. As of now, the GOP says the regulations and Obomber care, etc. are killing the job creation in the US. So DT has to deregulate a lot of things and also look into the tax code. Then we will know if GOP ideas are right.
This is a scary thought to the GOOPERs and DT, but private capital always seeks the best return. I outsource to India -- not for the reason I was born there many decades ago or that I hate white people -- but because of the quality of work that I receive for the price that I pay.

Companies locate to Mexico (as they have for decades) because of the quality of the workforce for the price they pay (I know there will a slew of Mexican jokes from the peanut gallery here).

That the government wants to make those decisions for companies was the official policy of Nehru. It provided a means for the government to extract money from companies. The policies of DT and the GOOPERs is no different.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

https://sputniknews.com/us/201701181049 ... workforce/

Incoming US President Donald Trump is making staffing cuts, with a reduction of government spending to be a top priority of his administration, as some departments are reportedly liable to lose up to 10 percent of their budget and 20 percent of their staff.

Spending cuts would be focused on discretionary funds and would not affect mandated programs including Social Security or Medicare. The Washington Examiner reported that any funds leftover from these cuts could go to tax cuts, boosting the military budget and possibly include controversial endeavors including an infamous proposed wall that would partition Mexico from the US. © REUTERS/ JONATHAN ERNST US Federal Budget Deficit to Increase in 2016 for ‘First Time Since 2009’ Over four years, "landing teams" in different Cabinet agencies will be responsible for overseeing staff cuts through reorganization, a hiring freeze and attrition. Conservative elements in Washington that have long desired such cuts firmly support the plan. As federal spending skyrockets, Trump has chosen Rep. Mick Mulvaney (R-SC), a stickler for keeping government under control, as head of Office of Management and Budget. Trump will likely see the strongest opposition coming from federal Unions and the Democrats, who tend to have the support of workers.

Read more: https://sputniknews.com/us/201701181049 ... workforce/
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Lalmohan wrote:
however, the Nazis/fascists in ALL western countries will feel emboldened. I would say that DT has more to fear from a Nazi putsch in the heartland than he does from the Democrats
Let's get the terminology right. The Nazis or National Socialist party of Germany of the late 1930s and 1940s who were actually involved in mass murder were about 3,000. Most of the extermination camps were in eastern Europe, but the bulk of the killing was done by tens of thousands of local/regional anti-Semites, fascists and thugs with coordination of those in western Europe to deport Jews and others to these camps. These people were never prosecuted and simply returned to police, military, intelligence and government agencies after the war. This hatred has been passed down for generations in Europe and has slowly come to light after the demise of the USSR. The US never had this type of experience on such a large scale killing outside the southern slave states. Even those southern slave states didn't engage in the European level of per capita killing. To claim a "Nazi" putsch in the US heartland is a threat is a grievous misreading of what is happening in the US.

There are large parts of the US which are still libertarian and isolationist. Isolationist in part because they are not exposed to the world. These people don't want globalization as they have suffered job losses, experienced price rises, and have sacrificed life and limb for the endless wars since 1990. These are the people who voted for Obama in 2008 on the campaign of hope, but for them there was little result and have now voted for change again with DT.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

probably the "agencies" that went to great lengths to pull the rug under him would face deep probes and audits ....a lot of fatcats must be in desk jobs and milking the system.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01 ... -swindler/

XCpts:
Vladimir Putin: 'Our prostitutes are the best in the world, but I doubt Donald Trump would fall for them'
Vladimir Putin speaks at a joint news conference with Moldovan President Igor Dodon in the Kremlin CREDIT: SERGEI ILNITSKY/ AP
Roland Oliphant
17 JANUARY 2017 • 12:32PM
Donald Trump would be unlikely to have used prostitutes in Moscow because as the patron of the Miss Universe beauty contest he is accustomed to being around attractive women, Vladimir Putin has said.

In his first public comment on claims the Russian security services blackmailed Mr Trump with a sex tape filmed in a Moscow hotel when he visited the city in 2013, Mr Putin said the story was "nonsense" and that the people behind it were "worse than prostitutes."

Claims that Russia holds kompromat, or "compromising material," on Mr Trump emerged in a dossier compiled by Christopher Steele, a former British intelligence officer, that was published by Buzzfeed last week. d sources in Russia who claim that Mr Trump gathers intelligence for the Kremlin on Russian businessmen in the United States and that his team was aware of a Russian hacking effort to smear Hillary Clinton.

Speaking at a press conference with Molodovan president Igor Dodon in the Kremlin on Tuesday, Mr Putin said the dossier was "an obvious fake" and ridiculed the suggestion that the Russian secret services "chase after every American billionaire."

He also suggested Mr Trump would not have fallen for a honey trap if one had been laid, asking: "He arrived here and immediately ran off to meet Moscow prostitutes?"

"This is an adult and, moreover, a man who for many years has organised beauty contests. He socialized with the most beautiful women in the world. I can hardly imagine he rushed to the hotel to meet our girls of lower social responsibility -even though they are the best in the world, of course."

"We are witnessing an ongoing acute political struggle in the US, whose task is to undermine the legitimacy of the president-elect," he said. "The people doing this are doing enormous damage to American national interests."

Earlier Russia's foreign minister branded the former MI6 officer who authored a report a "swindler" who trades in "absurdities."

Sergei Lavrov on Tuesday called veteran British spy Mr Steele “some kind of runaway swindler from MI6” and his explosive report on the Russian security service’s a “rude provocation.”

Mr Steele, who served with the Secret Intelligence Service (SIS) in Russia in the 1990s, has been in hiding since a report he wrote detailing allegations that Russia has used a sex tape to blackmail Mr Trump was published last week.

Former colleagues of Mr Steele have spoken highly of his professionalism and say he would be unlikely to file any intelligence he did not believe deserved attention.

Speaking at his annual press conference in Moscow, Mr Lavrov called the claims in the report “absurdities” and “fakes.”
He also said US intelligence agencies who had tried to prove a link between Russia and Mr Trump had drawn a blank and should be fired.
Mr Putin and Mr Lavrov both made clear they hopes to strike a more cooperative relationship with Mr Trump than with his predecessor.

The dossier alleges close ties between Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin's Kremlin
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/us/p ... .html?_r=0

Once again does anyone in GOP side care for these so called Polls? I mean they have waited eight years to do or undo a lot of things Obomber did or did not do. Most of them like Obomber care are clearly ideological. Will they care for Polls or wait for another time now?

@ Komal - Most of the rulers do think like Nehru even in the West. Rulers want power and take it one way or another.Unfortunately, Dems went the PC way for eight years largely ignoring working class. At least they have an impression that they do not care for their views and started telling people who or how to have Bathrooms and who can enter there, who is women and who is a man and what words to say or not say. When this PC rubbish can be imposed by the ruling elite they can also impose what business can or not do. GOP and DT will do that interfering for their agenda in the next four or eight years. But in my view, as long as it is for providing jobs and reviving broken communities DT is doing a good thing. At least they are addressing real issues of unemployment and poverty and not some hurt feelings and cry babies.

It may or may not be the strictly free market, but no politico wants that. We do not know what are the long-term effects of this. Let us wait and see.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

mort - I am not sure how much you have looked into the far right organisations in the US... they are there. whether you call them Nazis or fascists depends on each group's preference for regalia and uniform colour and automatic rifle makes. ideologically there is not much difference. white supremacy, anti-Semitism, racial purity, ultra nationalism, distrust of capitalism (==jewish conspiracy), etc., etc.

much of what you say about Europe historically is true. however I am not sure where you get the 3000 number from for card carrying NSDAP members. the germans eventually took a view of 'my country right or wrong' and many of them went along with the ruling party - in their millions. after the war everyone denied being a party member...

I would hazard a guess that there are currently more than 3000 card carrying 'Nazis' in the United States distributed across various groups
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

LokeshC wrote:2 more days to go. On that auspicious day Putin will become the leader of the free world.

Edited to add the name of the new Tsar of USA.
what is interesting is that DT in the last few days has been saying things that align very closely to things that Putin has been saying for some time

1. NATO is obsolete
2. EU is redundant and should be broken up, its all a German show and anyway they sell too many fancy cars
3. Angela Merkel has passed her best-before date
4. Sanctions on Russia are not fair
5. Western spies, expecially Brits are crooks

now it may just be coincidence or 'great minds think alike'

All I can say is that Putin has for some time been saying that Russia's izzat needs to be restored on the world stage and that the west needs to be pushed back from Central Europe and the Baltics

I love Putin's comment about Moscow's night life workers w.r.t. watersportsgate!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

a src who works in gotus says managers are very worried about losing budget and staff, so scrambling to fill all open positions asap even via internal hires.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

What are the mission and purpose of the NATO as it stands now? I do not know. Can anyone tell me? It is now working as a hit man of West with armies sent in from AFPAK to Iraq just to further neo-con agenda. If it is such an important organisation when why many Europian nations are not complying with the 2% defence budget commitments? If EU is so afraid of Russia, then they have to make proper arrangements for their defence in the first place and then create a collective security arrangement like NATO. Russia wants EU market for its Oil and Gas. It wants all manufacturing good from EU. If tried hard, EU can bring it into its collective security arrangements. Why there are no efforts from EU for that till date. Blaming Putin for everything will not give security to them.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

it is a end user and front of the western arms industry and petro dollar recycling machine.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

IMO - if the neocon agenda could be undone then a lot of yagnasri's questions/hypotheses have a win-win outcome
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

Singha wrote:a src who works in gotus says managers are very worried about losing budget and staff, so scrambling to fill all open positions asap even via internal hires.
AFIK, no GOOPER administration has ever cut government spending since the 19th century. Budgets/staffing of all departments will expand, businesses will face new regulations.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

All governments want power and more power. As Chanakya said, " People shall gourd their wealth from bandits and employee of the king." So more and more babus needed to lord over people in all nations all the time. DT will not be an exception. Of course, he seems to be a bit crazy fellow so that he can be an exception also. :mrgreen:

GOP argument that deregulation and low taxes will bring jobs will be seriously tested now. DT is saying that he will do a lot of signatures to overturn/remove whatever regulations etc. done by BO. Let us see what he does.

One truth all in the US will agree now. Russian Prostitutes are the best in the world. :rotfl: :rotfl:
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

Yagnasri wrote:All governments want power and more power. As Chanakya said, " People shall gourd their wealth from bandits and employee of the king." So more and more babus needed to lord over people in all nations all the time. DT will not be an exception. Of course, he seems to be a bit crazy fellow so that he can be an exception also. :mrgreen:

GOP argument that deregulation and low taxes will bring jobs will be seriously tested now. DT is saying that he will do a lot of signatures to overturn/remove whatever regulations etc. done by BO. Let us see what he does.

One truth all in the US will agree now. Russian Prostitutes are the best in the world. :rotfl: :rotfl:
GOP argues for deregulation and lower taxes -- but that is all they do. GOOPERs always increase regulations. And "lowering" taxes when you run deficits is passing the tax burden to the next generation.

And AFIK, Czech and Ukraine are still the women of choice.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Answer: The US/West conspired with Ru oligarchs during the Yeltsin years to steal trillions of Russian wealth.This wealth entered the western banking..sorry "bonking" system! The rapacious bankers and co-conspirators are seething with fury at Putin for closing the stable doors,flight of Ru capital and bringing the looters and scooters to justice and prison. They want him out by any means.Various conspiracies were hatched like the 600+ attempts to assassinate Castro.The Litvinenko murder was allegedly stage-managed by MI-6 and Ru oligarchs based in London. The game plan was to blame Putin for the "hit".It failed. Attempts to stage anti=Putin protests in Russia similar to the coloured revolutions in eastern European states have also failed .The Sochi games timing was used to orchestrate a coup in the UKR well-knowing that it would produce a Russian reaction.It did but not in the manner that the west and its EU leaders who openly in Kiev urged the neo-Nazi protestors on,had hoped. The UKR lost the Crimea and the country is now divided between east,pro-Russia, and the west,struggling to survive economically and its very own rapacious oligarchs including disgraced "Shakywilly" of firang Georgian infamy!

Putin's masterstroke however was his Syrian gambit.LIke brilliant Russian chessplayers of yore,his stunning moves across the ME chessboard simply swept away ISIS and its western/US/Gulfie backers into the sand dunes.The US led allied forces in Iraq are unable to replicate the Aleppo victory in Mosul and are struggling to defeat ISIS while still protecting it! US and Western diplomacy and grand strategy in the ME is schizophrenic and fatally flawed. The same jokers like Jo-Kerry are at work drafting the anti-China coalition of the willing and unwilling in the Asia-Pacific region.Mr.Modi should be exceptionally careful of being sucked into yet another "losing team",as in the last decade,the US/West has only suffered defeats galore with no victories.
Does India want to join the losing side in the 21st century,when in the 20th century we lost just once in '62?

Losing everytime to Putin saw the intel agencies of the west embark upon yet another plot,to blame Putin and Russia for alleged hacking of US political sites and defame Trump as a Russian agent. This is pure Hollywood.Watch the film,"Wag the Dog".A classic.It shows you how the truth of international events are manipulated so easily.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

Syria was not the master stroke, it was another move on the board
the real master stroke was to launch non-linear warfare
hats off - he's won this round, his rivals are in disarray and Russia will rise as the US declines or atleast retreats temporarily
but they will be back and the see-saw will resume
its not for us to be on the bandwagon side - it is for us to define our own destiny