Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Aldonkar
BRFite

Re: Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017

Post by Aldonkar »

RajeevK wrote:
Aldonkar wrote: It was started by a Pakistani origin person and every Paki and Khalistani in the country signed it.
It was in fact a Liberal Democrat Councillor Gurcharn Singh (Councillor for St Mary's Ward, Maidenhead ) who started the petition. The reason he gave was that he was distressed by the conditions in India. His family is from a farming background in the Punjab, and he was moved when he found his mother in tears watching the Indian news channels’ coverage of the protests. He then spoke with relatives in India about the distress they were in, and with members of his local community.
I think this is his twitter account
In the 2019 local election he polled 604 votes (out of ~3000) to win on a Conservative ticked
Last year, he was about to be suspended but defected to Liberal Democrats.
Thanks for the correction - I had read that a few days ago but forgot the details. He will be out of the Council at the next election.
Aldonkar
BRFite

Post by Aldonkar »

vrbarreto wrote:The Indian parliament should debate the British governments continuing supply of weapons to the Saudis which are being used to massacre Yemeni civilians. Followed up by a debate on how the Pakistains of the British labour party tried to cover up the molesting of school girls by Pakistani taxi drivers and also call for investigations into whether prominent Pakistanis were involved in the cover up.. Followed up by a debate on how the UK government has paid out stashes of money to pals of MP's for covid PPE contracts and how all that money has disappeared.
On today's BBC website there are two interesting stories; surprisingly they are both showing Pakistani individuals or the country in a bad light.

The first, in the news section for England, is a report that a Judge has thrown out the case against Former Lord Nazir Ahmed who was charged with indecently assaulting a teenage girl and also two teenage boys. The charges relate to the 1970s when he was a a young man. and also included his two brothers. He resigned from the House of Lords after they voted to expel him last year. Sorry I could not find the link now.

The second article is in the "Asia" news section of the World News. It is about a 12 year old Christian girl in Faisalabad (described as Pak's third city) who was kidnapped and "converted".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-56337182

Interestingly it mentions a petition to give the girl and her family asylum, but as it is sponsored by a church group , I will not sign. The article states that about 2000 Hindu, Christian and Sikh girls are kidnapped every year. Amazingly, no Labour MP has said a word about it. Indeed neither has any Tory. Maybe I'll approach my MP.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

sudarshan wrote:It's probably the money, but she and her husband need to do something to earn, and I doubt that guy has any real skills.
It seems they have mega dollah contracts with Netflix and Spotify.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

vinod wrote:As per various current estimates, she is worth around £4million and Harry probably around £10million via Diana's inheritance. They have also signed lucrative deals with various broadcasters. I'm not sure how much their life style costs, but I'm assuming they plan to milk as much as it is possible now.
They are living in a $16 million mansion in CA. If they spent most of their money buying that property, what are they living on?
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

How many oldies here remember when British wanted to mediate between India and Pakistan, and IK Gujral called them a "third rate power". The British went nuts!

IK Gujral!! The guy known for diplomacy and mild manners. Britain had made grandiose statements and tried to poke their nose into India's affairs to the extent that they made even IK Gujral mad. Being the diplomat that he is, he knew how to slip the knife between the ribs and twist. :mrgreen:

The actual quote was
Britain is a third-rate power nursing illusions of grandeur of its colonial past. It created Kashmir when it divided India. Now it wants to give us a solution.
When all of Britain were going on and on about they want to mediate, and there should be peace in the subcontinent. 1 trillion south asians live with under $1 a day under a nuclear flashpoint etc etc.

IK Gujral calmly said that to an international audience with a thoughtful face in full view of cameras, recorders and journalists when it was live broadcast and laid the IED. :rotfl:

All the lords and lordesses and peers and peernis popped all the veins on their necks and there was much :(( :(( about "Are we a third rate power?" "no we are not a third rate power". The debate shifted and the side effect was that they quiet and you could hear the crickets chirping. That was the last time in many years South Asia was mentioned.

Why are we concerned about what third rate powers debate in their parliaments?
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

RajeevK wrote:
Aldonkar wrote: It was started by a Pakistani origin person and every Paki and Khalistani in the country signed it.
It was in fact a Liberal Democrat Councillor Gurcharn Singh (Councillor for St Mary's Ward, Maidenhead ) who started the petition. The reason he gave was that he was distressed by the conditions in India. His family is from a farming background in the Punjab, and he was moved when he found his mother in tears watching the Indian news channels’ coverage of the protests. He then spoke with relatives in India about the distress they were in, and with members of his local community.
I think this is his twitter account
In the 2019 local election he polled 604 votes (out of ~3000) to win on a Conservative ticked
Last year, he was about to be suspended but defected to Liberal Democrats.
A good way to open up debate in British parliament on topics that affect Indian community in the U.K. Must be utilized fully.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Do you think Indians are going to forget?

It’s only a few short years when the tables will be turned. And India will be more sophisticated in its approach than the uncouth laughably coarse Chinese.

Shashi Tharoor can be suave, witty, polished and affable while admonishing Britain in Oxford. It is impossible for a Brit to dislike him even as he is slipping in the knife.

The Chinese can learn a lot from him. But let them slurp bat soup in the westerners’ faces, if they think that shows their strength.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

KLNMurthy wrote: You mean Andrew, right?
Andrew isn't the only prince with ties to a sex offender
But what some may not know is that Charles himself also has a problematic history with another sex offender, Peter Ball, the former Bishop of Lewes and Gloucester, who was convicted in 2015 of sexually abusing 18 teens and young men.

Just two months before Epstein's arrest, an independent review of the Ball case was published, and criticized Charles for his "misguided" relationship with the serial sex-abuser.
Avtar Singh
BRFite

Post by Avtar Singh »

uk is pretty much sewn up by the paks…
white english and british have been “stitched up like a kipper”….

LIPoP === Labour Islamic Part of Pakistan
with their wokey kokey/fake liberals have captured all british institutions…
the white british/english have no guts for the fight that is required to remove this trash

I have repeated this many times and will go on doing so…..
I first heard the term “londonistan” on these pages decades ago. It is way beyond that,
on the internet, white people have all but abandoned london to the utopia of multi culty.
I am sure they will have to abandon many others.

all the stupid sikhs go to the gurdwara and do “satnam” and practise taqiya once they have left
the gurudwara. well on their way to becoming islamics and would be better off with…OCP cards
(overseas citizen of pakistan)…..
I am not saying anything here that I do not openly say to those around me

why India continues allowing the worst of them retaining OCI cards is beyond me

so called hindus and Indians in Name Only are pretty much useless

A town I know, which was devoid of Indians in 1980s is now full of SDREs who all “go to church” on sundays
in their “sunday best” wearing their chains with crosses

for the english, having their girls raped is accepted without a murmur.
the british establishment is fully on board with this paks sentiment;

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... -diversity

Corbyn's key ally shared post telling Rotherham sex victims to 'shut mouths for diversity'

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/0 ... -cohesion/

Talking to any MP would be a waste of time….Chinese money and pak gandh runs deep

India needs to spend the money on RR jet engine deal just to be a spoiler to prevent pak-chins getting hold of it

They have tried a petition, no-one is interested….

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/300239

There was a debate………..at 17 min 30 sec TurdRunsDeep Singh Dhesi said it was all white peoples fault

https://www.bitchute.com/video/t7gFREPHQew/
LABOUR CALLS PAKISTANI GROOMING GANGS A MYTH
Podcast of the lotus eaters

They tried a march to say those convicted should be deported….they have dual nationality
Once released they wander freely in the same areas/communities in which they raped the girls and said girls still live

Trust me if Indians are worried about elements in their own country…... should it kick off
the western countries will burn brighter….
They have a massive mix of islamic country people, asians/middle eastern,
not just paks (for whom the english have a deep hatred and resentment).
+++++ sundry variety of black people

Happy multi culty days for the gora
I am in no way gloating because I happen to like white english/british and have a good relationship with them…
Just pointing out what I see.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Can the English even tell the difference between paki and not paki (hindoos).

Do they are to make the distinction?
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Anujan wrote:How many oldies here remember when British wanted to mediate between India and Pakistan, and IK Gujral called them a "third rate power". The British went nuts!

IK Gujral!! The guy known for diplomacy and mild manners. Britain had made grandiose statements and tried to poke their nose into India's affairs to the extent that they made even IK Gujral mad. Being the diplomat that he is, he knew how to slip the knife between the ribs and twist. :mrgreen:
The actual quote was
Britain is a third-rate power nursing illusions of grandeur of its colonial past. It created Kashmir when it divided India. Now it wants to give us a solution.
Why are we concerned about what third rate powers debate in their parliaments?
IK Gujral said this when he was on official visit to Egypt.
Avtar Singh
BRFite

Post by Avtar Singh »

sanjaykumar wrote:Can the English even tell the difference between paki and not paki (hindoos).

That is funny, of course we all "look the same" :shock: :D :D

Trust me, they very much understand the difference between the various religions and they hate
a certain religion... and they know the difference between Indian and pakistanis..

It is english friends that can recommend books on understand islam and the way it operates,
so called Indians are absolutely clueless and a very much into multi culty nonsense.

The very people that created the country now hate it with a passion, that should bring some satisfaction
to Indians!!!
Avtar Singh
BRFite

Post by Avtar Singh »

Oh, "they all look the same" is a british saying/trope about native people with racist connotations
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

sanjaykumar wrote:Can the English even tell the difference between paki and not paki (hindoos).

Most can, in my experience.
Not by sight obviously, as we are the same skin colour. But by behavior, manners, education, general outlook.
We also have the advantage that we will visit pubs which is a great British institution.
They do seem to be quite surprised when we tell them of the horrific future that they & their children/grand kids will have with regards to the peaceful one's.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Until the London bombings and the Manchester bombings Goras cared very little about the Asian diaspora (made very little effort to know)
All were lumped as one and casually asked are you celebrating the Eid!!
slowly but surely thins are changing now!!
Hardly any Indian Origin lady wears the quintessential 'Churidars' here anymore as its labelled as a Paki-Dress
Even the new ones chuck that into a suitcase(and only for India visits :lol: :lol: )
Goras now recognise the names (at-least the younger generations not the retired ones)
A lot of Goa and Kerala visit tourism has also contributed to the changes in perception!
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Name recognition is the key.

Alas Khalid Kumar is not too far off. I’m sure they are ‘passing’ as Hindoos. I believe the latter deserves serious study.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.spiegel.de/international/wo ... ecc76c936d
The Queen's Silence Racism, White Supremacy and the British Royal Family
A Guest Editorial By Brooke Newman, 12.03.2021

The consequences of British colonialism can still be felt today, but the queen has never publicly acknowledged that the royal family has directly benefited from centuries of slavery, and racial violence and exploitation. The "Firm" needs to be held accountable.
In May 2018, Prince Harry, sixth in line to the British throne, married the American actress Meghan Markle, whose mother is African American and whose father is white, much to the delight of commentators eager to witness the modernization of a 1,000-year-old, historically white institution. It was widely assumed that Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, would serve as goodwill ambassadors to the Commonwealth nations, many of which are comprised of majority populations of color, and help to usher the British royal family into the 21st century. Gesturing toward her anticipated future role in "the Firm,” Meghan’s bridal veil featured embroidered flora representative of each of the 53 British Commonwealth countries.
The prospect of a more inclusive, modernized monarchy embodied by the union of Prince Harry and Meghan was short lived, however. Eight months after welcoming their first child, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, the Sussexes announced in January 2020 that they were "stepping back” as senior royals. They intended to divide their time between the UK and North America and attain financial independence. The couple did not delve into the specifics behind this sudden break with the Firm. But it is no secret that Meghan, a woman of African ancestry, has faced persistent racist and sexist attacks from the British media and online.
The press has speculated that her "rich and exotic DNA” would thicken the Windsors’ "watery, thin blue blood”; described Meghan as "(almost) straight outta Compton”; discussed how her family "went from cotton slaves to royalty”; and compared her newborn son to a chimpanzee. The underlying message of this media coverage – which is often couched in satire, a longstanding vehicle for spreading racist ideologies – is that Meghan, the daughter of a Black woman descended from enslaved Africans, will taint the British monarchy.
One might assume the Sussexes’ wealth and status would insulate them from offensive comments, or that the royal family has offered emotional support and protection as Meghan weathered mounting racist attacks. But Oprah Winfrey’s explosive interview with Prince Harry and Meghan dispels that notion.
The details revealed in Oprah’s interview with the Sussexes underscore the long and unacknowledged history of colonial slavery, white privilege, and racism in Britain, particularly within the royal family. The current queen’s distant ancestors launched England into the trans-Atlantic slave trade and are responsible for the enslavement and death of millions of African captives. In 1672, Charles II chartered the Royal African Company with the intention of supplying enslaved Africans to England’s Caribbean and North American plantation colonies. His younger brother, James, Duke of York, was the Company’s honorary governor and its largest shareholder. The Royal African Company represented the culmination of over a century of small-scale slave trading initiatives endorsed by the English monarchy, beginning with Elizabeth I’s support of John Hawkins’ slaving expeditions in the 1560s to deliver African captives to Spanish America.
Gautam
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

macabre britshit humor

kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Probably india needs to get out of the common "wealth"
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

kit wrote:Probably india needs to get out of the common "wealth"

long time coming.

better now than later

be like a slap on the face of the britshit parliament and the head of state, their very racist queen.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

chetak wrote:

long time coming.

better now than later

be like a slap on the face of the britshit parliament and the head of state, their very racist queen.
Have to consider the pros and cons
Pros:
1. Will be the final break from the Colonial Baggage
2. Uphold 'Black Lives Matter' pledge
3. May lead ?? African Nations (at-least some if not all) to take the same stand and leave ( Maybe find more appeal amongst the Black African nations and less from the Northern Arabic speaking nations)
4. ??LeLi angle of attack
Cons:
1. Anglophiles within Indian may go on the rampage with the support of the LeLi and woke media
2, Future trade deals with Britain
3. RR engine deal??
4. Unlikely to upset the US or QUAD but if Pommy-Arse kissing Aussie PM comes to power then equation in QUAD may change
5. Caribbean Angle there is still a lot of people who look to Britshits there
6. Would it give Dragon another angle with Britshits/Napaks/Turk/Natasha combo (Britshits would do anything for money and just to get back at EU/India)
Hmm points to ponder!
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

chetak wrote:

long time coming.

better now than later

At least we should have some BJP MPs put in a motion to discuss it in a Lok Sabha session.. all very proper democracy onlee
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

No no no. We should be part of the Commonwealth, and ensure that nothing good comes out of it. If you are outside, you won't have control over say, what Bakis can do to the policies, or have some semblance of influence over the Brish*ts. Hours of Yes Minister binge watching leads to real politik insights !
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

The aussies have been champing at the bit for some decades now and are not overly keen to continue with the queen as the default head of state so they will quit the commonwealth, sooner rather than later.

kaneda has no real identity or even national personality, so they will continue to embrace the queen and her kindergarten commonwealth.

The britshits sold us dodgy ships after independence and refused to sell us submarines, because they feared the submarine in India's hands. So we had to get the foxtrots from the russkis.

The ships were not sold to strengthen us but to weaken us with their expensive maintenance and difficult upkeep but we kalu Indians showed them up even there.

rolls royce will never ever transfer engine tech to us, come what may or any other tech from any other company. The britshits are now counted amongst the has beens and the also rans and there they will remain. mediocrity is their national motto.

their ascendancy as a global player and the sun setting on their perfidious empire was very intimately connected to the colonization of India.

so, no India = = no empire, period.

they are now worse off than many african countries, sucking up to the pakis, kowtowing to the muslims and yet, foolishly continue to stubbornly retain their much bruised ego and the sad delusions of grandeur.

If it wasn't for India's "contribution" of approx 2.5 million Indian soldiers during the WWII, the britshits would all be speaking the queen's family's native tongue: german and religiously sieg heiling the portrait of a smallish man with a little moustache and the queen would be dusting her own room.

the aussies have realized their aukat vis-a-vis India. It is an absolute no contest

we don't need the aussies in the QUAD and we had kept them out for many years, it is the aussies who desperately need us there.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Rsatchi wrote:
chetak wrote:

long time coming.

better now than later

Cons:
1. Anglophiles within Indian may go on the rampage with the support of the LeLi and woke media
2, Future trade deals with Britain
3. RR engine deal??
4. Unlikely to upset the US or QUAD but if Pommy-Arse kissing Aussie PM comes to power then equation in QUAD may change
5. Caribbean Angle there is still a lot of people who look to Britshits there
6. Would it give Dragon another angle with Britshits/Napaks/Turk/Natasha combo (Britshits would do anything for money and just to get back at EU/India)
Hmm points to ponder!
Actually i would say none of these are relevant., its just trade., the shared interests with US will do ts purpose wrt to UK . There is no love lost either way any more *whatsoever*

India should be no longer be a part of any commonwealth that idea is long dead. Period.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

kit wrote: India should be no longer be a part of any commonwealth that idea is long dead. Period.
Queen Elizabeth is 94. After her demise, India can withdraw from the organization. Charles will be the head of Commonwealth, without India. It is quite possible the other non-white countries will withdraw too, leaving the white countries in the organization, as is was originally designated to be.
Gautam
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Why wait for her death? Who is she to us? Nobody. Chacha has a love for all thing britshit and we can understand his family continue that love. But why BJP under NM wants to continue is beyond me. But it is quite possible that GoI is not looking at it as it has other things to attend to it.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Yagnasri wrote:Why wait for her death? Who is she to us? Nobody. Chacha has a love for all thing britshit and we can understand his family continue that love. But why BJP under NM wants to continue is beyond me. But it is quite possible that GoI is not looking at it as it has other things to attend to it.
I think that's it. GoI is least bothered about Commonwealth beyond sporting reasons.
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

I don't know why we should bother about Commonwealth. There is no reason to quit commonwealth. We probably have to pay membership dues annually, but we are a large country now and we don't need to bother about small change.

The important thing is it is irrelevant to us, but Brits consider it very important (don't know why, probably makes them feel nostalgic). So, it gives enormous leverage. As long as we are part of it, there is always something we can yank the Brits with (threaten to derecognize QE as head of commonwealth, etc). We probably get an edge negotiating with them on trade deals, etc.
la.khan
BRFite

Post by la.khan »

srin wrote:I don't know why we should bother about Commonwealth. There is no reason to quit commonwealth. We probably have to pay membership dues annually, but we are a large country now and we don't need to bother about small change.

The important thing is it is irrelevant to us, but Brits consider it very important (don't know why, probably makes them feel nostalgic). So, it gives enormous leverage. As long as we are part of it, there is always something we can yank the Brits with (threaten to derecognize QE as head of commonwealth, etc). We probably get an edge negotiating with them on trade deals, etc.
You may be right. I vaguely recollect reading in some book Churchill wanted us to be part of the British Commonwealth. His consolation was that India agreed to be a member of the British Commonwealth.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

I think it has been agreed that Charles will succeed the Queen as head of the Commonwealth. I my opinion this was a mistake.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/narendr ... -e-1839828

https://thewire.in/world/will-the-commo ... the-future
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

RajeevK wrote:Here is the report in Times of India on the debate. UK MPs blast Indian government for failing to protect press
perfect payback would be

Meghnad Desai says instead of huffing and puffing in a "childish" way - at the UK, all India needs to do is to convene a session of Parliament and debate Harry & Meghan

game set and match, all while the britshits squeal impotently and tear their hair out
AkshaySG
BRFite

Post by AkshaySG »

chetak wrote:
RajeevK wrote:Here is the report in Times of India on the debate. UK MPs blast Indian government for failing to protect press
perfect payback would be

Meghnad Desai says instead of huffing and puffing in a "childish" way - at the UK, all India needs to do is to convene a session of Parliament and debate Harry & Meghan

game set and match, all while the britshits squeal impotently and tear their hair out

Naah shouldn't get involved in such useless matters and actually estrange the current leadership who is pretty moderate towards us

All the India-UK debates,Sikh debates,Farm Law BS , FOE etc discussions are actually brought up by the Labour Party MP's and the left leaning politicians , While Boris and co ususally want nothing to do with it .Similarly the support for Meghan , the BLM,Racism etc is all the work of the same people (Labour,Leftists etc) so to join this debate especially on the side of Meghan would mean allying ourselves with the very people who criticize us at every opportunity .

Bojo and conservative Brits are high on "Britain First" and are very very pro Royal Family so let them indulge in their nostalgia trip . That's not to say that these guys are pro India but they're at least not as mental as Jeremy Corbyn and its far more beneficial for us that these guys stay in power
If we wanna strike back at the British left then lets focus on them rather than UK as a whole
AkshaySG
BRFite

Post by AkshaySG »

Lisa wrote:I think it has been agreed that Charles will succeed the Queen as head of the Commonwealth. I my opinion this was a mistake.

https://thewire.in/world/will-the-commo ... the-future
If Modi has power over Charles then I don't see why we shouldn't pursue a bigger role , Charles will need allies badly and his reputation in US ,Canada etc is already in tatters if he wants India to help him and is willing to give leeways for it then its fine for us , There's plenty of economic opportunities and soft power involved in the commonwealth through which we can increase our standing

A lot of the commonwealth countries are poor and need help ,We have sent vaccines and medical aid to quite a few of them and their response has been one of gratefulness , if we can increase our influence , involvement in these countries then there's a lot of gains to be made .

Lets not forget that its a group which consists of 1/4th of the all the countries and will have a nice big power vacuum when old Liz dies If we can emerge as a manufacturing ,trade, financial hub for the commonwealth then we should definitely step up
rajkumar
BRFite

Post by rajkumar »

Tadhg (@TadhgHickey) Tweeted:
The British Empire, but it's a school reunion in Cork https://t.co/98WcUDCoPT https://twitter.com/TadhgHickey/status/ ... 61090?s=20
harish_ch
BRFite -Trainee

Post by harish_ch »

https://mobile.twitter.com/sidhant/stat ... _&ref_url=

Breaking: Indian MP raises the issues of racism in UK, in the backdrop of allegations of #MeganMarkle in Indian Parliament; India's EAM Jaishankar says, "cant turn our eye away from racism" particularly in a country wr we have such a large diaspora"
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Well done.. About time we started playing the game as the big boys play :D
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Look at the twitter feed, the sheer number of sepoys crawling out of their hidey holes with their chaddis in an almighty collective twist and getting schooled all over again. :rotfl: :rotfl:
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

There is the nuclear option - stop banks from providing education loans to those wanting to study in Oxford - that I wish some private member can present as a bill in Parliament. Shouldn't pass - yet- but there should be a debate on it.
AkshaySG
BRFite

Post by AkshaySG »

srin wrote:There is the nuclear option - stop banks from providing education loans to those wanting to study in Oxford - that I wish some private member can present as a bill in Parliament. Shouldn't pass - yet- but there should be a debate on it.
I think you'll find a lot of these Oxford-Cambridge kids aren't exactly the ones who take loans to go abroad... These are privileged schools for privileged kids

The ones who do take loans usually keep their heads down and focus on getting a good job to repay the burden