Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Re: Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017

Post by Philip »

Prince William and David Cameron named in World Cup corruption report: Royal and ex-PM 'were at secret hotel room meeting when dodgy vote-swapping deal was plotted'
Prince William and David Cameron named in Fifa ethics report on World Cup
It claims they were present at meeting discussing vote trading with South Korea
Report published into the bidding process around 2018 and 2022 tournaments
England's bid failed and questions raised over how William was exposed to deal
By Christian Gysin And Arthur Martin For The Daily Mail
PUBLISHED: 22:40 BST, 27 June 2017

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4lGsRD48E
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

David Lammy suggests Grenfell Tower death toll may have been covered up to prevent riots
The number of people killed in the Grenfell Tower tragedy may have been covered up to prevent riots, a Labour MP has suggested.He said there was a gap between what people have said they had seen and what the official figures have shown.Speaking on BBC2's Newsnight, Mr Lammy said: "What people say is that if you put the numbers out early, there could be civil unrest. That's what they say. I am sympathetic to it, I am going to walk alongside those people."

Asked if he thought the number of dead had not been released because of the potential for civil unrest, he said: "The truth is the media cycle is now beginning to move on to other things, that's the truth.

"And so what people say is that in two, three weeks' time, if you start to reveal the numbers, things have moved on."

"In one flat alone, people say there were up to 40 people gathering, because they gathered in the flat, it was Ramadan," he said."I have listened to them explain how 79 is an impossibly low number. How they want some closure so that they can begin to grieve.
This is the land of BBC and free press.UK is claimed to be the leader of "free" world.
Last edited by svenkat on 28 Jun 2017 22:16, edited 1 time in total.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

Story of policeman who fought the London Bridge terrorists:

BBC: London Bridge attack officer fought 'to keep people alive'
"I had no real idea what was going on - and I hear this woman scream behind me. I look and see a young woman and she is being attacked by the first one. I see another man running towards me and he falls flat.

"When he falls to the floor I see the first attacker with the knife in his hand. And then my brain starts to click into gear.

"This guy on the floor is pleading for his life and the attacker stands over him and continues to attack him.

"I take my baton with my right hand and I rack [extend] it. I take a deep breath and I charge in.

"I try to take the first one out in one go. I swing as hard as I can - everything behind it - aiming straight through his head.

"I know I managed to get a good hit on him and I am starting to overpower him. He's yelping in pain - he's not completely on the floor, but he is lower down.

"Then I get a massive whack to the side of my head. I felt metal."

The second of the three attackers had rushed in and stabbed PC Marques above his right eye.

"As soon as I get the whack, my right eye goes dark. Just lights out. I got the stun from the whack to my head, I'm stumbling and I manage to look up and I see a knife coming towards me.

"It was instinct more than anything - I just put my hand out and blocked his wrist with my baton."

As the second man advanced, the men ended up brawling as the attackers tried to stab PC Marques into submission.

"We're going at it - I'm not sure who's hitting who - I'm just fighting. And then I see the third one come in."

Over what he believes was around ninety seconds, he continued to try to fight all three of them at once. But as he tried to control all three men, the first attacker who was still on the ground stabbed him in the leg.

"I look down and see there is a knife in the side of my leg. I realised the first one had got back up and started sticking it in my leg to bring me down.

"I've got one voice in my head - 'don't go down, don't go down'. I'm just swinging at them. I didn't realise how badly I was hurt."
The three attackers put some distance between themselves and the officer and turned to face him.

"And that's when I get to size them up," he said. "The short one - he was the one that I heard saying 'Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar'. He said it a few times, eyes bulging.

"It's almost like some surreal cowboy movie, getting ready to draw. I'm just getting ready for them to rush me.

"For some reason they didn't come to rush me, to finish me off. I couldn't tell you why. Your guess is as good as mine."

The attackers rushed off to find other victims and PC Marques' colleagues arrived at the scene.

"I said, you've got to go, you've got to go get them. I was bleeding out all over - I knew I had been damaged and hurt.

"In my left eye, that black shroud starts to close in. I knew time was up. I thought that was it, my time is coming to an end.

"I call the officer who is holding my hand, I've got blood in my mouth and I'm spitting it out. I start to give him my last messages for my family and partner. He's like, 'no, mate'. And I'm saying, 'just do it' and the last light goes. I'm out."
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/28/grenfell-residents-groups-compile-lists-of-victims-and-survivors
Grenfell residents' groups compile lists of victims and survivors
Scepticism exists about official death toll amid ongoing concern police and council have been slow to release information
Newly formed Grenfell Tower residents’ groups have begun several parallel investigative attempts to compile lists of the victims and survivors of the London fire disaster, amid ongoing concern that the police and council have been slow to release information about the death toll.

Sajad Jamalvatan, a biomedical engineering student who lived on the third floor of the block, has established a Whatsapp community of 86 families who escaped from the block, calling the group Grenfell United. From conversations with these residents over the past fortnight he is sceptical about the police death toll of 79 and believes that the actual number is likely to be above 120.

While there is widespread acceptance that police and coroners are working in uniquely challenging conditions, unable to access parts of the building that are too dangerous to enter, there is frustration among residents that officials have not released a number of those people who survived, or an estimate of the numbers of people ordinarily resident in the block. Jamalvatan said he was trying to compile a database of survivors on behalf of his neighbours.
Jamalvatan said he was trying to organise a meeting between the council and all of the survivors, in one place, but that it was proving difficult to arrange. “They don’t want to face 400 people in a room. They prefer to deal with us individually.”

The tower’s electoral register shows about 200 people registered to vote, according to a local councillor. The Grenfell Tower Response Unit, the official body coordinating London-wide efforts to support those affected, said they have given 99 households £5,000 in emergency payments, which gives some insight into how many of the 129 households in the block have survivors, although police have said some families are still waiting for payments.

They said 145 hotel rooms have been provided to former residents, but they were unable to release a number of survivors.
Tottenham MP David Lammy, whose friend, the artist Khadija Saye, died in the fire, has repeatedly questioned the number of dead, describing the figure of 79 as “far, far too low” and said that “failure to provide updates of the true number that died is feeding suspicion of a cover-up”.
“There has been no update on a) the death toll, b) the number of survivors or c) the number of people in Grenfell Tower for over a week,” he wrote. “What are the authorities doing to come up with an estimation of how many people were in Grenfell? Not good enough.”

With residents spread out across London in different hotels, survivors are trying to maintain communication with other residents via closed, private social media networks, as they attempt to establish what happened and what support families need.

Campaign group Justice 4 Grenfell is another new grassroots survivors’ group that is attempting to establish an accurate list of those who died. Ishmahil Blagrove, a coordinator for Justice 4 Grenfell, said he believed that during Ramadan there were many people visiting the tower, and staying with friends.

“There are people who are still missing, people who are undocumented, we are unhappy with the 79 victims who have been recorded by the media and the police,” he told the Press Association. “We want to do some probing to find out how accurate that figure is and give them something that reflects a fuller picture.

“We’ve had to do it ourselves. No one has told us anything about who survived. It seems very strange,” said a resident who escaped from the fire, asking for his name not to be printed.

“I know exactly how many people there were on my landing. We were a stable, well-formed cohesive community. That’s what makes it so strange that they haven’t done a list of residents.”
The briturds who rub their hands in glee while reporting about diasters in third world countries ridiculing,castigating,distorting/damning/exaggerating/condemning govt responses/"inaction"/reality while painting dark pictures of any one daring to stand upto perfidious albion are obfuscating about victims and survivors of a dastardly fire in the heart of london.So much for free press,free reporting and free society.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

^^^^
The first story you have posted is the Daily Telegraph reporting remarks made on the BBC, and the second story is from The Guardian. The three news organisations are all British, and span the mainstream political spectrum.

I'm not sure I understand your comment about "free press" and "free reporting"? How exactly has the work of the press in the UK been obstructed by the authorities?

The government and the police may well be lying about the number of victims (or they may actually be revealing what they know), which will become known one way or another, sooner or later, but I don't understand what this has to do with press freedom?
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

When reporting about sensitive issues in India,our press used to exercise voluntary restraint while pee pee cee and other briturd press used to post inflammatory/biased views masquerading as news whether it was dalit/muslim or sikh issues.

Why do they have different set of guidelines while reporting about sensitive issues in their nation.They were/are extremely cautious/conservative and follow the official line when it comes to their backyard.There is some obscure news item wherein the narrative is challenged by some ethnic minority.The mainstream themselves have not tried to find out the truth while they publish wild stories embellished with fiction when dealing with lesser races.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

BBC: No final Grenfell Tower death toll this year, police say
But Det Supt Fiona McCormack said the full death toll would only be known when the search and recovery operation and identification process was over.

"What I can say is that we believe that around 80 people are either dead or sadly missing and I must presume that they are dead," the officer said.

She added: "I don't want there to be any hidden victims. We want to understand the true human cost of this tragedy."

The Metropolitan Police announcement came as Prime Minister Theresa May told MPs that cladding from 120 high-rise buildings in 37 local authority areas in England has now failed fire safety tests.

"What I can tell you is there are 129 flats inside Grenfell Tower. We, the police, have spoken to at least one occupant of 106 of those 129 flats," Det Supt McCormack said.

"These people have been able to tell us not just who lived in those flats, but importantly who was in those flats on the night."

The officer said 18 people connected to those 106 flats are dead or missing presumed dead but "it is a terrible reality that there are 23 flats where despite huge investigative efforts, we have been unable to trace anyone alive who lived there.

"At this stage, we must presume, that no-one in those 23 flats survived, that includes anyone who lived there or was visiting them."

Local people have created their own databases on missing people with figures which differ from those officially released.
Police say they hoped information would be sent to its investigation if it might help to identify the missing.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

svenkat wrote:They were/are extremely cautious/conservative and follow the official line when it comes to their backyard.There is some obscure news item wherein the narrative is challenged by some ethnic minority.The mainstream themselves have not tried to find out the truth while they publish wild stories embellished with fiction when dealing with lesser races.
You have posted stories from the BBC, the Daily Telegraph and The Guardian challenging the official figures, so your point is somewhat lost on me.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

"Asked if he thought the number of dead had not been released because of the potential for civil unrest, he said: "The truth is the media cycle is now beginning to move on to other things, that's the truth.(with the full connivance of the media)

"And so what people say is that in two, three weeks' time, if you start to reveal the numbers, things have moved on."
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

^Then surely he (Labour MP) should publish a list of dead that contradicts the narrative. If he knows better why doesn't he?
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Philip wrote:It makes you wonder how on earth the Brits managed to ruled India and create an empire upon which the "sun never set"!.
Were the Brits of days gone by of more stirring stock than today's Brexiteers?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... na-brexit-.
No, it's just that the former colonies have wisened to their dirty games, and being organically stronger, are playing it better. Just like kirkit
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

eklavya wrote:
svenkat wrote:They were/are extremely cautious/conservative and follow the official line when it comes to their backyard.There is some obscure news item wherein the narrative is challenged by some ethnic minority.The mainstream themselves have not tried to find out the truth while they publish wild stories embellished with fiction when dealing with lesser races.
You have posted stories from the BBC, the Daily Telegraph and The Guardian challenging the official figures, so your point is somewhat lost on me.

The BBC did refer to the insurgency and Christian blood-letting in northern Ireland as 'The Troubles'. As in nothing at all, just a little trouble.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

sanjaykumar wrote:
eklavya wrote:

The BBC did refer to the insurgency and Christian blood-letting in northern Ireland as 'The Troubles'. As in, nothing at all, just a little trouble.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

The Troubles is a historical phrase, is widely used and understood, by both sides of the N Ireland conflict, and by observers, and it was not coined by the BBC.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Troubles
"The Troubles" refers to the recent three-decade (1969–1997) conflict between nationalists (mainly self-identified as Roman Catholic) and unionists (mainly self-identified as British or Protestant). The term "the Troubles" was previously used to refer to the Irish revolutionary period;[35][a] it was adopted to refer to the escalating violence in Northern Ireland after 1969.[36][37][38][39] The violence was characterised by the armed campaigns of Irish republican and Ulster loyalist paramilitary groups and British state security forces (the British Army and the Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC)). It thus became the focus for the longest major campaign in the history of the British Army.[40][41]
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

You don't get it, do you?

Was Panjab and is Kashmir India's troubles?

Words are a direct window into the mind, the intellect, and here, the gestalt agreed upon by a society. Indians are barbaric Hindu chauvinists but the Orangemen are just a bit of trouble. There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to Indians accepting this mitigating, attenuating term at face value. There were gross human rights violations committed by the British state as well as the insurrectionists/republicans/ freedom fighters. Lets us not trivialise the whole sordid saga with the infantile " the troubles "
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

svenkat wrote:When reporting about sensitive issues in India,our press used to exercise voluntary restraint while pee pee cee and other briturd press used to post inflammatory/biased views masquerading as news whether it was dalit/muslim or sikh issues.

Why do they have different set of guidelines while reporting about sensitive issues in their nation.They were/are extremely cautious/conservative and follow the official line when it comes to their backyard.There is some obscure news item wherein the narrative is challenged by some ethnic minority.The mainstream themselves have not tried to find out the truth while they publish wild stories embellished with fiction when dealing with lesser races.
2 reasons:

1- Outside india, media is not completely "presstitut-ised"
2- Even if presstitutes, they are not traitors (relatively speaking of course) like indian presstitutes.

Then there is the obvious superiority complex over India in general and Hindus in particular.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Blowing up the hotel of the brit PM in bristol and using mortars to shell 10 downing with shells landing in its garden with PM in residence was just a spot of trouble old chap...
jagga
BRFite

Post by jagga »

I am not surprised that this is happening. I blame UK government for this situation. Whats the need to spend billion son nuclear arsenal and shiny aircraft carriers?
Biggest ever study of food banks warns use likely to increase
Oxford University research finds that poverty and hunger are all too real for a growing number of British people
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

Singha wrote:Blowing up the hotel of the brit PM in bristol and using mortars to shell 10 downing with shells landing in its garden with PM in residence was just a spot of trouble old chap...
Brighton, not Bristol, old chap.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

eklavya wrote:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Troubles
"The Troubles" refers to the recent three-decade (1969–1997) conflict between nationalists (mainly self-identified as Roman Catholic) and unionists (mainly self-identified as British or Protestant). The term "the Troubles" was previously used to refer to the Irish revolutionary period;[35][a] it was adopted to refer to the escalating violence in Northern Ireland after 1969.[36][37][38][39] The violence was characterised by the armed campaigns of Irish republican and Ulster loyalist paramilitary groups and British state security forces (the British Army and the Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC)). It thus became the focus for the longest major campaign in the history of the British Army.[40][41]
Eeklavyaji

You have to give credit where its due. As early as 1920's the British had worked out how the BBC (now 2 years old) was going to turn out had accordingly found a apt name so as to mitigate problems in the 1970's!
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

Lisa-ji,

As you will have noticed, the British, of a certain type, are fanatically committed to understatement, and seldom, perhaps only accidentally, say what they mean, and mean what they say. I find it causes all sorts of trouble.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

I would think the BBC at age 50 could have learnt to be as objective in covering Northern Ireland as it was covering tribal conflict elsewhere, in Africa perhaps. Of course the beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

When is the last time you EVER heard an englishman complain about an article of news in India. Maybe its because they have sufficient enough conviction in their own narrative and so could not care less about any one elses. May be I will yet live to such an India. Jai Hind.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

sanjaykumar wrote:I would think the BBC at age 50 could have learnt to be as objective in covering Northern Ireland as it was covering tribal conflict elsewhere, in Africa perhaps. Of course the beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.
The people living on the Irish isle called it The Troubles. The BBC did not invent that phrase.

http://www.theirishstory.com/2015/02/09 ... VT8sLHTWhA
The conflict in Northern Ireland was generally referred to in Ireland during its course as ‘The Troubles’ – a euphemistic folk name that had also been applied to earlier bouts of political violence.

This name had the advantage that it did not attach blame to any of the participants and thus could be used neutrally. Republicans, particularly supporters of the Provisional IRA referred to the conflict as ‘the war’, and portrayed it as a guerrilla war of national liberation.

Unionists and the British government referred to the long running political violence as a law and order problem of ‘terrorism’. The London government portrayed the role of state forces as being primarily of peace-keeping between the ‘two communities’.

The violence never reached the most common currently agreed threshold of a ‘war’ – over 1,000 deaths in a year. Nevertheless its impact on society in Northern Ireland – an enclave with a population of about 1.5 million – was considerable, with over 3,500 killed and up to 50,000 injured over a thirty year period.
Judge for yourself if the BBC coverage is objective:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/histories/troubles
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

Lisa wrote:When is the last time you EVER heard an englishman complain about an article of news in India. Maybe its because they have sufficient enough conviction in their own narrative and so could not care less about any one elses. May be I will yet live to such an India. Jai Hind.
You definitely have a point.I concede that.

I think as an Indian I too have a legitimate point to criticise mainstream british media kowtowing to UK govt manipulations so as to deflect attention from a gruesome accident and downplay the magnitude of the disaster in trerms of number of casualties to preserve the 'not so fair name' of perfidious albion.True they are doing their patriotic duty-My England,right or wrong.They are right by themselves,by the need to protect the narrative of sup-e-rear england -so caring,so efficient,so upright and truthful that a little bit of cover up is a demand placed on HMs subjects which the press would only be too ready to fulfill for the sake of liberty,freedom and western civilisation.But I am not resident in UK and have no obligation to believe in the british version of "pravda".
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

The pee pee cee and e-con-omist are running a campaign on so called 'mob lynchings' right now.

It seems possible that there could be another reason to downplay the fire tragedy.What if a decision had been taken by the powers that be to send a clear signal to a section of the population about who the real boss is in UK.Britain has crushed muslims all over the world in the last few centuries.It is one thing to be hospitable to wealthy Muslim quislings but it is quite another thing if they dare to threaten the sovereign power.This building had a lot of Muslim migrants...
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

Lisa wrote:When is the last time you EVER heard an englishman complain about an article of news in India. Maybe its because they have sufficient enough conviction in their own narrative and so could not care less about any one elses. May be I will yet live to such an India. Jai Hind.
The Britsh1t Media is on the ignore list. even DDM does not care much abt them.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

London's "towering inferno" is a symbol of Tory policy of inequality n Britain.The Queen has just been given a hefty handout for repairs and upkeep of Buckingham Palace,while the residents of the disaster are still reeling from the tragedy trying to pick up the pieces.The cover-up of fatalities is typical establishment "press-ganging",pardon the pun.The media told not to speculate on the number of fatalities which are easily over 100.

In fact HM the Queen missed a life-time opportunity to etch her reign in people's hearts for generations by not opening the doors of Buckingham Palace to the victims and survivors of the disaster!
There are enough rooms in the palace,but they could've even put up tents in the vast gardens if they felt numbers were too large or even sent the survivors to other palaces and residences under her control.It would've kept the monarchy secure for another century.In fact during WW1,the fabulous Royal Pavilion at Brighton was used to house wounded Indian soldiers.There's a great film in the Pavilion showing the time that Indian soldiers spent there,a few being awarded decorations for gallantry like VCs ,etc.
But there was no room in the (royal) inn for these trauma stricken survivors,more's the pity.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

To suggest that the deep state in Britain engineered the fire is repugnant. If anything the state is too generous.

The queen earns her keep by promoting tourism if nothing else. She can not be compared to Muslims on the dole.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

svenkat wrote:The pee pee cee and e-con-omist are running a campaign on so called 'mob lynchings' right now.
Most news agencies, Indian and foreign, that cover news in India are reporting the mob lynchings in India. There is nothing 'so called' about it. They are doing their job. Not sure what your objection is.

Before the PM's recent statement (made earlier today) against mob lynchings:

The Washington Post: As India’s Muslims are lynched, Modi keeps silent

After the PM's statement made earlier today:

Reuters: After lynchings, India's Modi condemns violence in name of cow worship
"Killing people in the name of 'gau bhakti' is not acceptable," he told a crowd at a Hindu ashram, or place of meditation, referring to cow worship.

"No person in this nation has the right to take the law in his or her own hands," he said at the ashram dedicated to the father of the nation and pacifist Mahatma Gandhi, in Modi's home state of Gujarat.
The Times of India: 'Killing in the name of cow worship is not acceptable,' says PM Modi
NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi finally broke his silence on recent incidents of cow protection-related lynchings+ and violence, saying on Thursday he was "sad" they happened and that "killing in the name of cow worship is not acceptable".

"No person in this nation has the right to take the law in his or her own hands in this country," Modi said.

Modi said that protecting cows "should be done" and that "no one spoke about protecting cows more than Mahatma Gandhi and Acharya".

He added though that Gandhi wouldn't approve of killing people to protect cows.

"Killing people in the name of Gau Bhakti is not acceptable. This is not something Mahatma Gandhi would approve of," the PM said in an address in Ahmedabad.

Referring to cow vigilantism, Modi said violence won't solve any problems.

"We are a land of non violence. We are the land of Mahatma Gandhi. Why do we forget that...As a society, there is no place for violence. Violence never has and never will solve any problem:," Modi said
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Al Jazeera is also full throttle against 'India's mob lynching' silver lining on cloud is they can't affect electorate forget India not even in US& UK.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

looking at the mode of killing...any sharp guesses boys?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -park.html
LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

In about 5 years gun ownership will be legal in britshitland
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

LokeshC wrote:In about 5 years gun ownership will be legal in britshitland
BRITAIN’S GUN LAWS: WHO CAN OWN A FIREARM?
According to the most recent statistics, there were 1,338,399 shotguns licensed in England and Wales last year, and more than 500,000 firearms of other types also licensed. There were about 582,494 licensed shotgun owners and 153,603 licensed for other firearms, almost all of whom lived in rural areas and who used their guns for sport or to protect their farmland.
Akshay Kapoor
Forum Moderator

Post by Akshay Kapoor »

Dear Eklavya,

I have been thinking of saying this for a while but was debating whether I should. Finally decided to because it's important. I am a U.K. Citizen have an English wife , live in an English village and am a rotary club member. My interactions are largely with white English people and lovely people a lot of my friends are.

But I see a lot of racism as well and a complete blinkered vision and distortion of facts with almost all ie West is always right, India has so much poverty , holy cow hahaha etc. Urban upper middle class Indians (some of my parents friends) are not very different. Your posts come across the same way. You use semantics to defend a biased English press, point out the infrequent factual correctness but miss out the glaring misinformation, frequent bias and non reportage of Indian good news or civilational strengths etc. Sir, even most British people I know think BBC is biased.

I have always said cultural colonialism is much worse than actual colonialism - it rips out a civilisations heart and enslaves the mind.

No harm in criticising your roots if there is genuine reason for it but don't don't it just to fit in. Free your mind , look at things with clarity and reason and make peace with yourself. Then you will truly fit in - not to a narrow western concept but where it really matters - yourself.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

^^^^
In my social circle, no one dares criticise India. You need to make some new friends old boy.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

IndraD wrote:Al Jazeera is also full throttle against 'India's mob lynching' silver lining on cloud is they can't affect electorate forget India not even in US& UK.
Al Jazeera is a pastime. Masters of being racist and specifically being anti Indian is a speciality of the BBC. I did last year for some 13 weeks keep a spreadsheet of what the BBC said about India on the World page on its website. I did this because I had the feeling that they were specifically targeting India to create a narrative that rapes were a uniquely Indian affair. I was sadly right but the degree of bias was altogether unbelievable.

In the 13 weeks that a record was kept, 14 articles pertaining to violence on women or about matters deemed demeaning to women were published from a global perspective. Of these 10 were pertaining to India, ie 71%. Now if you want to biased this is how you do it.

The majority of the other articles pertaining to India were about cow vigilantes, Modi and how much he is disliked, Kashmir, Indians caught lying, Dalits, ................get my drift

India has a population 2.5 times that of western Europe and this how they report it. They and their narrative needs to be squeezed out of India and the money that they make selling ads in India on their news channels needs to be destroyed. I still struggle to understand how this is to be done as I know that there are very significant parts of the population of India who actively support the BBC as it is very much in their interests that news about India be reported like this.

Just look back and see how many were waiting for the BBC to confirm that a surgical strike had taken place and how the BBC covered it. The last word on the BBC was given to their muslim correspondent from puki occupied Kashmir!! So many found it easier to seek a BBC confirmation rather than the word of the government that runs a population 21 times that of the UK.
Akshay Kapoor
Forum Moderator

Post by Akshay Kapoor »

eklavya wrote:^^^^
In my social circle, no one dares criticise India. You need to make some new friends old boy.

And yet you criticise India and defend a biased british press on a nationalistic forum. My point is that you are trying to be whiter than white to fit in...And I am a 100 pct Desi and proud of it. So don't call me old boy ! You want to call me something - call me 'ghoda' a simple infantry man...Indian desi infantry.
Last edited by Akshay Kapoor on 30 Jun 2017 00:09, edited 3 times in total.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

https://twitter.com/cjwerleman/status/8 ... 7499845634
videos doing rounds on SM..

Muslim dairy owner beaten up, house set on fire in Jharkhand on suspicion of cow slaughter http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-new ... qHPzL.html