Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Re: Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017

Post by SRajesh »

chetak wrote:
Rsatchi wrote: Louis's Nephew saar.
Momma was old Battenburg's daughter
phillip's mother was the affected party, no

or was I mistaken
Yes sir, Phillip's was the guest at the Research Centre.
Father abandoned the boy and went to live in Monte Carlo with a mistress.
Grandfather put him in Scottish school (old Louis's father)
And the Old European Royalty are the most inbred lot regardless of Catholic or Protestant or Orthodox :lol:
Phillip is Juan's Unkil??? or some such think I think :rotfl: :rotfl:
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Manish_P wrote:“Indians love cricket, we love cricket, we love Indians."
Khan is a liar. Khan is a known India-baiter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TpuUBJfhF8
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

Is that correct? The monarchs were all related and Philip had Greek and Danish lineage. But can you provide linkage to Victoria?
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

anupmisra wrote:
Well aware of it, Anup Ji. Hence i specifically used the term 'Paki' london mayor.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Vivek K wrote:Is that correct? The monarchs were all related and Philip had Greek and Danish lineage. But can you provide linkage to Victoria?
https://www.kare11.com/article/news/nat ... o%20France.

Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth II were already related before they married
Queen Elizabeth II and the late Prince Philip were not just related by marriage. They both had some of the same royal blood, separated by generations.
They were also related by blood. Elizabeth and Philip were great-great grandchildren of Queen Victoria.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

:rotfl: And we thought that Pakis brought cousin marriage customs to the UK
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

All this contrived hatred (mixed with envy) of everything German, albeit mostly for the consumption of the Daily Mail/Sun reading yobs, is all the more surprising given that the royals have a lot of German ancestry.

Brilliantly summed up in 'Blackadder goes forth':

Capt. Darling (being interrogated under suspicion of being a German spy): Look, I'm as British as Queen Victoria!
Blackadder: So, your Father's German, you're half-German and you married a German?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu6YFBQOB3c
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

anupmisra wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TpuUBJfhF8
Hosting an IPL event is big money. Tickets, Advertising, stalls, food , drinks , sporting gear sales etc.
Britshits are after that but as long as Sadiq Khan is there , fat chance of them hosting. Embassy attacks arent forgotten that easily.
I wonder what is in it for Pakis though. They will be kicked out when the 800lb IPL gorilla comes in.

we should Keep all IPL money in India ...local infra, teams, businesses benefit. Londonistan can find another sugar daddy like Stanford. :twisted:
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

g.sarkar wrote:
IndraD wrote:west yorkshire is Pakistan in Britain, its nucleus Bradford is completely taken ^^
I think UK needs the implementation of Sharia law, in all fairness to the Peaceful people inhabiting its lands. The common legal code does not enhance the aspirations of a large percentage of its population. The next demand should be a separate homeland based on a 2 nation theory. This should be achieved without loosing the social net provided by the majority. Perhaps a Jizya type of tax should be levied on Christians and the Jews and then paid directly to the Peaceful for historic wrongs done to them.
Gautam
A family friend whose son was almost going to convert to RoP in Bradford was pulled back from the brink by HSS. He has been trying to sell his house in Bradford and move south. But cant as the road is full of Pakis who are offering under the value or if full price wanted only cash. Where will this middle class 65 year old put £ 200000 cash without raising eyebrows and visit from anti fraud?

The local mosque in the small town where i live has put the local mullah in jail because he was getting direct cash transfers from god knows where and all it was undeclared.

I professional colleague/friend who is an Shia from Iran via Sweden said his son tried getting into police force was rejected 4 times. No reasons given. But from what i hear in the north they employ police community safety officers( adults who like to play police with zero powers) who are usually RoPers. Its apparently a stepping stone to getting to the police force.

Britain is ******. Only those who chose not to see it, will say no.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Bart S wrote::rotfl: And we thought that Pakis brought cousin marriage customs to the UK
These cousin marriages have been prevalent in this part of the world as well. This "cousin" affliction has always been present among the english.

While I am not medically inclined, what I have learnt is that "the blue blood" syndrome is a hereditary blood disorder, commonly found in "blue-blood aristocrats". In simple terms, one can blame these cousin marriages.

This is a link to a medical journal article on such inherited disorders. It is too lengthy to reproduce, verbatim, in this forum.

https://hekint.org/2020/02/05/hereditar ... istocrats/

Briefly, here's a truncated list of english royalty with inborn afflictions ranging from madness to hallucinations to god knows what else. Note Queen Victoria's name somewhere in here.
King George III...between fifty to seventy years of age... suffered a series of incapacitating bouts of “madness.” ...descended into permanent derangement. Mary Queen of Scots and her son, King James ... abdominal colic, diarrhea, yellow discoloration of the eyes, leg cramps, increased sensitivity to sunlight with blistering of the skin, and urine “red like Alicante wine.” Lady Arbella Stuart, a first cousin of King James I...tell-tale manifestations of porphyria variegata. The genetic source of origin may have been the affected Queen Margaret Tudor, the great-grandmother of King James I and Lady Arbella Stuart. George III’s granddaughter was Queen Victoria. Queen Victoria’s eldest daughter “Vicky” and her daughter, Princess Charlotte of Prussia, suffered from porphyria... excruciating pains that wandered around her body, being lame, having blisters all over her face, and passing dark red urine. Queen Victoria’s grandson...King George V, who had five sons including King George VI (father of Queen Elizabeth II) and Prince Henry (Duke of Gloucester). King George V was married to his second-cousin-once-removed Princess Mary of Teck, who herself was a great-granddaugher of King George III.
I think you know where I am going with this...If you ever watched PG Wodehouse's series on Wooster and Jeeves, you will immediately notice the trend among british landed gentry.
Kedar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Kedar »

Vivek K wrote:Is that correct? The monarchs were all related and Philip had Greek and Danish lineage. But can you provide linkage to Victoria?
The European royal family intermarried a lot amongst themselves. Not with commoners. That is why these people tend to have a lot of hereditary defects. Czar Nicholas II son, Alexei suffered from hemophilia. Mostly occurs when there is breeding amongst close relatives. He would have been the next Czar but our Leninbhai had different ideas.

I had a chance to watch a 4 hour BBC documentary called Cousins at War which is in two parts of 2 hours each. During the First World War there were forty cousins who were fighting each other on the Allied side or Central Powers side. Three main heads of states were George V of Britain, Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany, and Czar Nicholas II of Russia. They were all Victoria's grandsons and were second cousins.

The documentary was very fascinating.
Avtar Singh
BRFite

Post by Avtar Singh »

It is interesting watching everyone gloat over the fate of the british/anglo world.
But I hope everyone appreciates that this is the same fate set for Indians/India and Hindus.

Anyone that resists the force that I call FLICs = Fake Liberals Islamist Communists… +Globalists
You will not be allowed to exist = convert or die.

Any nation state that does not want to be under the jackboot of islamists/communists will have to be destroyed.

I find it very amusing watching Indians in the uk becoming self styled bames, not realizing that once the whites are dealt with… they will be next.
A very prominent uk Hindu comes to mind.

Among my family all the so called sikhs that dalliance with that red turbaned Labour Islamic Party of Pakistan MP…
I say to them that your ultimate destination on this path is to become mussalman!
They are so thick/stupid they just dont see it.

UK/USA are both the same… quotas will come in for the special people, Indians will not be among the quotas.
All those university places Indians love in america and uk…. You will be driven out.
Thanks to Fake Liberals/Paks/Blacks/Commies
I think it happened to a young lady at oxford university.

You will be driven out of cushy upper middle class occupations

Of course you have the useful idiot Indians helping the FLICs but once power is transferred out of anglo hands these useful idiots will be dealt with. It is always the case under commie regimes.

For Indians who are not going to convert to pak/islamic/commie ways it will be doubly worse because you will be hated from both sides = rock and hard place.

The FLICs (Fake Liberal Islamist Communists) hate Hindus and none islamic Indians…

The Anglos will hate Indians for being part of the coloured/black/brown/bames/commies that destroyed their lands.

Sounds/feels like a scary place to me. :((

Also, it will get even worse if the FLICs/Globalist/SoRats manage to do to Indians/Hindus in India what they have managed to do to Anglos in their own lands.

No place to run/no place to hide.

Just my thoughts.

Anyway, if I get stuck between rock and hard place I will be on my knees begging anglos to take me with them… :((
I will not be living as a pak-chin… islamist/commie or wokey kokey.
My house in India will be useless because it is looking as if it it will be located in khalistan/pakistan.

Nowhere to run nowhere to hide, someone tell me I have got it all wrong. :shock: :shock: :shock:
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/wor ... 015077.cms

EU members attack each other over pandemic management, doubts, suspicion galore while neighbour UK has vaccinated more than 50% and has an indigenous vaccine popular all over world
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

British PM reduces length of India trip over COVID
"We've been in close contact with the Indian government about the PM's upcoming visit in light of the COVID situation in India. As a result of these discussions the prime minister has made the decision to reduce the length of the visit," he told reporters.

"This programme will be focused on high level discussions with the Indian government and Indian business leaders," he said, adding that the bulk of the programme would now take place on April 26.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Looks like uncle boris may have cancelled/postponed his visit due to covid issues in India

may visit in june/july depending on the situation.

their loss onlee.
vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

India in red list of countries from Friday.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Is #UnitedKingdom really united or occupied?

Stop questioning India.

#Kashmir was part of India for 1000s of years.

Religion can't change history.
via@RatanSharda55

RKumar

Post by RKumar »

^ It should be corrected, in stead of British- it should be England occupied...
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... i-official
IPL show lifts the gloom and will go on despite Covid crisis, claims BCCI official
Reuters and PA Media, Wed 28 Apr 2021

IPL show lifts the gloom and will go on despite Covid crisis, claims BCCI official
The Indian Premier League will continue as scheduled, a senior Indian cricket board official has said, despite fierce criticism of the Twenty20 competition being played in the midst of a surge in Covid cases that has gripped the world’s second most populous nation.
India’s death toll surged past 200,000 on Wednesday and at least 300,000 people a day have tested positive for the virus over the past week. Against the backdrop of a debate over whether the IPL should go on, the Board of Control for Cricket in India has been accused of being “tone-deaf” for its stance.
The senior BCCI official, however, said the cricket was providing important solace and entertainment to many people during hard times, even though fans are not being allowed into stadiums to watch the games. The tournament is watched by millions of viewers on television.
“It’s probably more important now to hold IPL, when there is so much negativity around,” the officialsaid. “We should not underestimate the power of sport to spread positivity. At least fans are absorbed in it at home. Otherwise many of them will step out without masks. The league generates considerable money for the economy. It has to be seen from that context, too. How does stopping IPL help?”
Satish Menon, chief executive of Punjab Kings, echoed the sentiment: “For people sitting at home, we’re providing entertainment. Otherwise they’ve very little to do.”
After four cricketers playing in the league, including a trio of Australians, decided to forgo their lucrative wages and head home, the BCCI launched a charm offensive aimed at the players. Acting chief executive Hemang Amin sent an email to the league’s eight franchises on Tuesday, assuring them of the players’ safety inside the league’s biosecure bubble. He wrote: “While you are professionals and will play to win, this time you are also playing for something much more important … humanity.”
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/news ... 78875.html
Full List of Players, Officials Who Have Pulled Out of IPL 2021 so Far
We take a look at the list of players who have left IPL midway or did not travel to India owing to the pandemic situation in the country and for various other reasons.
April 29, 2021
After a string of players including Delhi Capitals’ Ravichandran Ashwin, Rajasthan Royals’ Andrew Tye, RCB’s Adam Zampa, Kane Richardson decided to cut short their Indian Premier League (IPL) stint due to the rising COVID-19 cases in India, two officials have also pulled out. On Thursday, it was reported that umpires Nitin Menon and Paul Reiffiel have withdrawn from the compeition.
On Monday, Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) announced the departure of Zampa and Richardson, saying that the duo will be leaving the bio-bubble to return home. RCB in their statement said that the duo is returning to Australia “for personal reasons and will be unavailable for the remainder of the season.”
The latest departures put the teams and the IPL 2021 organisers in a bit of a soup. We take a look at the list of players who have left IPL midway or did not travel to India owing to the pandemic situation in the country and for various other reasons.
Nitin Menon and Paul Reiffel
Menon’s mother and wife have tested positive for the deadly virus and he has a kid to look after. So he has flew home to Indore to be with his family. On the other hand, Reiffel informed the BCCI that he was anxious of not being able to return home with Australia banning flights from India till May 15 and thus left few days back.
Gautam
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Strategic Partnership discussed in the virtual meet.
FTA discussions launched.
agreement to accept illegal migrants for 3000 skilled workers /Year visa.
Carrier group to visit India ( may be the britshits feel left out QUAD+ after French involvement)
No mention of Aero-engine
Any chaiwallah info :?:
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

Heard on the news about MoU being signed, during the virtual summit, for the maintenance of Rolls-Royce Marine Engine MT30 in India.

Here is the news story:

Rolls-Royce, HAL ink MoU for supporting MT30 marine engine business
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited and Rolls-Royce have signed an MoU to establish packaging, installation, marketing and services support for Rolls-Royce MT30 marine engines in India. Through this MoU, the two companies will expand their long-standing partnership in India and work together in the area of marine applications for the first time, Bengaluru-headquartered HAL said in a statement on Tuesday.

Further, HAL is also exploring the option of using MT7 marine engine on the hovercraft being planned by the shipyards in India, he added.

President, Rolls-Royce Defence, Tom Bell, said,"As India focuses on its vision of modernisation and self-reliance in defence, we look forward to introducing the MT30 to customers in India in collaboration with HAL. Designed for naval platforms of the future, the MT30 is perfectly equipped to meet the Indian Navys present and future needs."

MT30 is the world's "most power-dense, best-in-class" naval gas turbine currently in-service with naval programmes worldwide in various propulsion arrangements across seven ship types, the statement said.

"Derived from the Trent aero engine family, the MT30 has the potential to provide next-generation capabilities to the Indian Navy's future fleet."

"The MT30 can deliver its full power of up to 40 MW in ambient temperatures up to 38 degrees Celsius, without any power degradation throughout the life of the ship," it said.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

Kakkaji wrote: "The MT30 can deliver its full power of up to 40 MW in ambient temperatures up to 38 degrees Celsius, without any power degradation throughout the life of the ship," it said.
For comparison the GE LM 2500 gas turbine engines supplied by US to Indian Navy has peak power of 28-30 MW only.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

India, UK declares enhanced trade partnership; Unveil 10-year roadmap to elevate ties to comprehensive strategic level.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his British counterpart Boris Johnson on Tuesday unveiled a 'Roadmap 2030' to elevate the India-UK ties to a comprehensive strategic level, and declared an enhanced trade partnership between the two countries to negotiate a balanced FTA, including an interim trade pact for delivering early gains.

During a virtual summit, Modi and Johnson held a wide-ranging discussion on important global, regional and bilateral issues, including cooperation
in areas of defence, security and healthcare as also extradition of Indian fugitives Vijay Mallya and Nirav Modi who are currently in the UK.

The two sides inked nine pacts providing for expansion of cooperation in an array of areas including migration and mobility, digital and technology, telecommunications, energy and medicines, besides agreeing to boost collaboration in dealing with climate change through a new partnership on renewables and power.

Briefing reporters on the summit, the External Affairs Ministry said the issue of extradition of Mallya and Modi figured in the talks, and Prime Minister Narendra Modi asserted that economic offenders should be sent back to India at the earliest to face trial.

Joint Secretary in the Europe West division in the ministry Sandeep Chakravorty said the 10-year roadmap will pave the way for a deeper and stronger bilateral engagement in the key areas of people-to-people contacts, trade and economy, defence and security, climate action and health.

Both Modi and Johnson condemned in the strongest terms terrorism in all its forms and all those who encourage, support and finance terrorism or provide sanctuary to terrorists and terror groups.

"They agreed to continue cooperation through the joint working group on counter-terrorism, including on information and intelligence sharing on terror networks and to share experiences on dealing with the growing phenomenon of extremism and radicalisation," a joint statement on the talks said.

The two prime ministers launched an 'Enhanced Trade Partnership' (ETP) to unleash the trade potential between the fifth and sixth largest economies of the world and by setting an ambitious target of more than doubling bilateral trade by 2030.

As part of the ETP, India and the UK agreed on a roadmap to negotiate a comprehensive and balanced FTA, including consideration of an interim trade agreement for delivering early gains, the MEA said in a statement, adding the ETP will generate several thousands of direct and indirect jobs in both the countries.

The partnership on migration and mobility will provide for enhanced employment opportunities for around 3,000 Indian professionals annually, Chakravorty said, indicating that those staying illegally may have to leave Britain (India should have bargained for much more then this abysmally low number of 3,000).

He said India is against illegal migration as it "prejudices legal migration" and that Indian nationals who are undocumented, or are in distress abroad and not being given nationality or residence permits, have to be taken back. (UK got a much better bargain here)- Admitting 3000 highly qualified, high tax paying and law abiding professionals who will do high level scientific/technical/healthcare work enriching the UK economy by making it competitive versus potentially chucking out thousands of labor class people, some of them who would be free loaders)

"Had a productive Virtual Summit with my friend UK PM @BorisJohnson. We adopted an ambitious Roadmap 2030 for elevating India-UK ties to a Comprehensive Strategic Partnership," Modi tweeted.

On his part, Johnson tweeted "Today @NarendraModi and I spoke about how we can overcome the pandemic and strengthen the ties between our two countries. We agreed an ambitious plan to bring our economies and people closer together – the beginning of a new era in the UK-India relationship."

On vaccine cooperation, Chakravorty said Johnson did inform Modi that Serum Institute of India (SII) is investing in the UK and it will be manufacturing vaccines in that country. "The successful vaccine partnership through the Oxford-AstraZaneca-SII collaboration was highlighted. They agreed to expand partnership on vaccines, therapeutics and diagnostics on COVID19 and beyond through joint research including on nasal vaccines, regulatory and clinical trial cooperation," he said.

Chakravorty said India and UK also agreed to substantially strengthen their defence and security engagement including in the maritime, counter-terrorism and cyberspace domains.

"As part of the British tilt to Indo-Pacific, the UK has announced the deployment of Carrier Strike Group in the Indo-Pacific Region. India has agreed to conduct joint exercises with the CSG later this year and also launch a new maritime dialogue," he said.

The joint statement said the two sides agreed that there is a promising new era ahead for India-UK collaboration on key military technologies including combat aircraft, maritime propulsion system and complex weapons and deliver the next generation of defence and security capabilities through co-development and co-production.

On trade cooperation, Chakravorty said as part of the confidence building measures, the two sides agreed on an early market access package.

Under this package, the UK will open up the fisheries sector for more Indian players, facilitate more opportunities for nurses, recognise Indian seafarers certificates and also enter into a joint dialogue on the social security agreement.

"In return, India has agreed to UK's asks on fruits, medical devices, and mutual recognition of masters degrees and also work towards reciprocal opening of legal services. These actions are likely to generate 20-25,000 new direct and indirect jobs in India," he said.

The joint statement said the two sides also affirmed their shared vision of an open, free, inclusive and rules-based Indo-Pacific region, underpinned by respect for territorial integrity and sovereignty, rule of law, transparency, freedom of navigation and overflight in the international seas, unimpeded lawful commerce, and peaceful resolution of disputes.

It said both leaders reaffirmed their personal commitment to taking ambitious climate action in pursuit of the goals of the Paris Agreement and the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) in the run-up to the 26th Conference of Parties and beyond.

They agreed to work together to reach an ambitious, transparent and inclusive negotiated climate outcome at Glasgow. "They agreed to step up India-UK collaboration on climate change and low carbon transition through a new partnership on renewables and power, including offshore wind, energy efficiency and storage and electric mobility, and to explore joint work on green hydrogen," it said.

Modi and Johnson also agreed to announce a green grids initiative at COP26 and to promote climate resilient infrastructure through a new facility for small island developing states under the coalition for disaster resilient infrastructure and to launch a India-UK partnership on forests.

On the overall outcome, Chakravorty said though it was a virtual Summit, the talks set a new milestone, and in many ways, has opened a new chapter in bilateral relations in terms of substance and outcomes.

According to a statement from Johnson's office, "more than 6,500 new jobs will be created around the UK thanks to the one billion pounds of new UK-India trade and investment announced by the Prime Minister today." The package contains over 533 million pounds of new Indian investment into the UK, which is expected to create more than 6,000 jobs in vital and growing sectors such as health and technology, Downing Street said.

This includes a GBP 240 million investment by the Serum Institute of India (SII) in the UK into its vaccine business and a new sales office in the country, expected to generate new business worth over USD 1 billion, it added.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavi ... d=msedgntp
Talking about optics, why are shooting ourselves in the foot!!
Such a high profile meeting (as far as the otpics goes, given the COVID crisis at home) this is the last thing you would want.
Raging COVID crisis, 02 lack or artificially created, IPL shambles, now this!! Why? Why?? Why???
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

The monstrous monument to Narendra Modi's ego: As millions suffer in pandemic, India's narcissistic Prime Minister is building a vast folly at a cost that could fund 40 major hospitals. Now his nation is in uproar

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... folly.html
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Haresh wrote:The monstrous monument to Narendra Modi's ego: As millions suffer in pandemic, India's narcissistic Prime Minister is building a vast folly at a cost that could fund 40 major hospitals. Now his nation is in uproar

the grand memorials to the britshits empire's largest ever colony, the brightest jewel in their crown and a constant reminder of their once glorious past is going to be replaced and hurts their monumental ego.

India has overtaken them in the economic sense, her armed forces bigger and more powerful than anything the britshits ever had and that rankles.

ignored by their continental cousins, sidelined by the amerikis, loss of reputation in the international arena, they only have a bitter and abusive press that targets India because their restive muslim population demands it.

that canterbury dude came to punjab, publicly and hypocritically prostrated in penance for jallianwalla bagh and the GoI just ignored him.

they have been reduced to diplomatic pariahs and global nonentities and that is why India's rise rankles so much and that is the root cause of their bitterness.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

This thread would be better served by avoiding periodic fits of whining about British tabloids having their heads up their behinds. That is a permanent condition of theirs. There's little to be gained by repeatedly reassuring oneself of the reality that their craniums are indeed quite far within their rectums.
S_Madhukar
BRFite

Post by S_Madhukar »

The daily fail just declared war with France over the Jersey islands fishing boundary :rotfl: India is fair game to them…so is China, US, Europe… we must not get worked up about it
Shankas
BRFite

Post by Shankas »

Haresh wrote:The monstrous monument to Narendra Modi's ego: As millions suffer in pandemic, India's narcissistic Prime Minister is building a vast folly at a cost that could fund 40 major hospitals. Now his nation is in uproar

I have been following Modiji very very closely since 2006. I had the fortune of meeting and presenting our business proposal to him, which he supported wholeheartedly and offered all clearances and facilities. Those 30 min rank among the top 3 highlights of my life. We met 7 other CM's and everyone wanted something. He was the only one who asked us what we want. (Congoons in Delhi wanted $$$$$$$ in cash and we walked away from it).

He is a Karmayogi and will be least bothered. He will continue doing what he thinks is best for India. No matter how hard BIF and Western media try he will not react, which is the fuel they need to fan the fire. Aam aadmi in India knows, loves, and has the utmost faith in him. When he thinks he is done, he will simply fade away.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

(Congoons in Delhi wanted $$$$$$$ in cash and we walked away from it)

Explains much on the state of India oer 74 years.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

this article has a lot more specific details

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/prim ... ndia-trade
Further information is in the article
New Indian investment deals announced today are:

Infosys – creating 1000 UK jobs
HCL Technologies – creating 1000 UK jobs
MPhasis – £35m, creating 1000 UK jobs
Q-Rich Creations – £54m, creating 667 UK jobs
Wipro – £16m, creating 500 UK jobs
I2 Agro – £30m, creating 465 UK jobs
Mastek – creating 357 UK jobs
Sterlite Technologies – £15m, creating 150 UK jobs
Global Gene Corp – £59m, creating 110 UK jobs
SNVA Ventures – £10m, creating 200 UK jobs
Serum Institute – £240m
Skillmine – £11m, creating 100 UK jobs
CtrlS Data Centers – £10m, creating 100 UK jobs
Que Processing Services – £10m, creating 100 UK jobs
Cron Systems – £20m, creating 100 UK jobs
TVS Motors-Norton – creating 89 UK jobs
Prime Focus Technologies – creating 70 UK jobs
Route Mobile – £20m, creating 50 UK jobs
Goila Butter Chicken – £3m, creating 40 UK jobs
New UK export deals announced today are:

Morningside Pharmaceuticals researching, developing and licencing new pharma products
Polymateria’s biotransformation technology, which enables plastics to become fully bio-degradable, in a deal worth £75m in UK exports over the next five years
CMR surgical – deal worth £200m creating 100 new UK jobs
Kloudpad – critical hardware and software bespoke data centres, deal worth £15m
Vidrona drone surveying equipment and AI technology
KIGG systems – smart meter test benches for electricity distribution companies
CyanConnode – deal worth £18m creating 30 new UK jobs
GoZero Mobility – deal worth £3.2m for e-bicycles
Agvesto – deal worth £3m
Revolut expansion into India, creating 60 UK jobs
CDE Asia – deal worth £500,000
Bio Products Laboratory – biopharmaceutical finished products for rare bleeding disorders, deal worth £62m
Kwalee British video game producer expansion in India creating 25 new UK jobs
Shorts TV digital entertainment platform – forecasting exports worth £8m
Clancy Global – a One Evolve Ecosystem – deal worth £2.5m
Astropol – colour and additive solutions for the vinyl, non-vinyl and associated additive industries, deal worth £12m
Surgease – deal worth £14.9m, creating 100 new UK jobs
Oxvent – deal worth £20m
Eagle Genomics – deal worth £12m, creating 165 UK jobs
BP – partnership with Infosys to decarbonise Infosys’ 11 campuses across India
Trade barriers addressed by the Enhanced Trade Partnership include:

Lifting restrictions to enable fruit producers across the UK to export British apples, pears and quince to India for the first time
Secured improved access for medical devices through the acceptance of UK Certificates of Free Sale in India, removing the requirement for additional accreditation of UK medical devices when exporting to the Indian market before they can be sold.
Commitment to deepening co-operation in educational services and concluding work on the recognition of UK higher education qualifications, which will encourage an increase in student flows, skills transfer and knowledge sharing between the UK and India.
Commitment to work to remove barriers in the Indian legal services sector preventing UK lawyers from practising international and foreign law in India, a step that could significantly increase UK legal services exports and UK legal services imports from India.
This figure of over 6,500 additional UK jobs and £1bn of new trade is based on company commitments and estimates from UK-India exports and investments following extensive engagement from DIT Officials.
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

The NEW CHALLENGER 3 Main Battle Tank! a grand total of 148 will be inducted by 2030. the other option was to induct Lepords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HzhqGa2Mac
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Suraj wrote:This thread would be better served by avoiding periodic fits of whining about British tabloids having their heads up their behinds. That is a permanent condition of theirs. There's little to be gained by repeatedly reassuring oneself of the reality that their craniums are indeed quite far within their rectums.
Saar, these tabloids are mainstream opinion makers in UK. These tabloids are main reason behind Brexit. We have to pay attention to what AAM Brit think.Forget guardian......it is limited to intellectuals ,who do not bother in elections. tabloids reflects thinking of aam admi in UK
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

Johnson ‘must think again on plans to relax Covid rules’
Meanwhile Professor Kit Yates, a member of the Independent Sage committee of scientific experts, told the Observer that Johnson should delay Monday’s unlocking by a fortnight to allow more people to be vaccinated. By pressing ahead, Yates said the prime minister would be breaching one of the government’s four key tests – that of risk assessment not being changed by a new variant – that he had previously insisted would guide all decisions on when and whether to ease restrictions.

“At this point the precautionary principle should kick in,” Yates said. “The more people we can vaccinate, the safer we become. Even a couple of weeks at this point could make a huge difference in the face of this seemingly more transmissible variant. A pause would also buy us time to understand more about the properties of the variant, which would put us in a better position to plan what comes next.”

He added: “The rapid rises in B.1.617.2 and the waves of hospitalisations that are predicted by the Sage modelling means that the risk has fundamentally changed and that the fourth test is not being met. The data suggesting a reassessment of the roadmap is there.”

Downing Street insisted that the relaxations would go ahead as planned. But Professor Martin McKee, another member of Independent Sage, described easing the lockdown as a real risk: “The prime minister will make his own decision,” he said. “The scientific advice he is receiving is clear. Opening on Mondayis taking a large risk and we know that we have not met the fourth of his tests for proceeding with the scheduled roadmap,” he said.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

This racist ragtag FT ...

g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.india.com/news/world/video- ... s-4669202/
Video Of Racist Abuse Against Jews On Streets In London Creates Stir, British PM Condemns
Condemning the incident, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said that there was no place for anti-Semitism in society. “Ahead of Shavuot, I stand with Britain’s Jews, who should not have to endure the type of shameful racism we have seen today", he tweeted.
India.com News Desk, May 17, 2021

London: Four men have been arrested in connection with a video that showed antisemitic slurs being shouted from a car in north London. The video, posted on Twitter yesterday showed a convoy of cars adorned with Palestinian flags and a loudspeaker blasting out antisemitic slurs and threats against Jews. The convoy was passing through an area of north London with a large Jewish population. This comes amid ongoing conflict between Israel and Palestinians in the Middle East, culminating in the worst since the devastating 2014 war in Gaza.
Condemning the incident, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said that there was no place for anti-Semitism in society. “Ahead of Shavuot, I stand with Britain’s Jews, who should not have to endure the type of shameful racism we have seen today,” he said on Twitter.
Gautam
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.rediff.com/business/report/ ... 210518.htm
Vijay Mallya loses bankruptcy case in UK high court
By Aditi Khanna, May 18, 2021

A consortium of Indian banks led by the State Bank of India (SBI) on Tuesday moved a step closer in their attempt to recover debt from loans paid out to Vijay Mallya's now-defunct Kingfisher Airlines after the high court in London upheld an application to amend their bankruptcy petition, in favour of waiving their security over the embattled businessman's assets in India.
Chief Insolvencies and Companies Court (ICC) Judge Michael Briggs handed down his judgment in favour of the banks to declare there is no public policy that prevents a waiver of security rights, as argued by Mallya's lawyers.
Gauam
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

BoJo is a stinking hypocrite by allowing in thousands of Islamic fundoo jihadists , entering as illegal refugees and putting them upbin 4* hotels all over the country at taxpayer's expensewhen Brit. war veterans are on the streets! A right wing outfit called Britain First has done a huge expose of these secret deeds of BoJo's, outing these hideouts .So if BoJo peddles his Jewish sympathies on his shoulder,he should be asked who is pandering to the tsunami of anti- Semitism in Britain by not acting firmer with Islamic jihadis already ensconced in Britain and aiding and abetting even more to enter the UK!
govt. He is a shameless hypocrite who is destroying by the day the nature and character of Britain.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

Germany to bar visitors from UK over Covid variants of concern
Britons are to be barred from entering Germany from Sunday onwards after the country’s Public Health Institute designated the UK as a virus variant area of concern.

As of midnight on 23 May, people travelling to Germany from Great Britain and Northern Ireland may only enter the country if they are a German citizen or resident.