Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ricky_v
BRFite

Re: Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017

Post by ricky_v »

Recently there was a march of sorts against the encroaching peacefulness in ukistan participated by blacks, Sikhs and edl, notable exception being the hindus. Associating with the ever-protestors and skin lovers may be detrimental to our interests down the road.
rahulm
BRFite

Post by rahulm »

I don't know when and by whom the term 'Demographic Dividend' i was invented but I have never fully believed in and subscribed to,this view.

It's a dividend for those selling to an aspirational demographic but this huge demographic has to earn the money to spend it.

As the world automates, so will India albeit kicking and screaming. It is going to be a challenge to find meaningful work for this huge demographic.

Keeping Gazwa-E-Hind and Islamic population growth aside for a moment it's not such a bad thing that our TFR is at 2.1.

The Netherlands is a lovely place and I wish we would learn a lot from them. This red llight and weed business is a unique result of their liberalism and humane approach.

In a Netherlands, government services are heaps better than even our private enterprises. I have visited Netherlands professionally and personally many times for extended periods and would move to The Netherlands in a jiffy but I can't claim refugee status unless , maybe, I claim mental torture and harassment by sarkari babus as a reason. Now, the iis an idea that might work !

We have red light areas in every city and highway dhabas but will refuse to acknowledge and find innovative solutions preferring, instead inaction and bury head in sand model using culture and values as a shield condemning the humans involved to a terrible existence with no safety and protection.

In the face of what looks like increasing protectionism globally, it would be interesting to see India's response to ensure this huge demographic actually can earn enough to provide a consumption divided.

I feel, even the demise of TSP, while wished for with a vengeance is over rated unless the Anglos want it - then it will be toast in no time.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Deleted
Last edited by anupmisra on 12 Jun 2017 17:51, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Good to hear of these. Of the major exports, financial services and aerospace (weapons and airliners) are huge powers. The former in its ability to manipulate currencies and to focus capital where they want, and the latter, well... to "reconstruct" those who are in the way. I think the airliner market is doomed (OK, give it another 10 years) until/unless they move to radical designs such as Blended Wing Body and efficient H2-based Supersonics (yippee!!!) because the transonic airliner is now a commodity. This was seen coming back in 2004 at least. China cuts price of airliners by 10% and that's that for the profit margins of both Boeing and Air-boos.

With these strengths, Oirope has to venture into new unknown areas as they did in the 1400s, and I hope this time they don't take the Inquisition along with them. Where Brish1tstan is going, I have no clue, but I am most grateful to BREXIT. Look at the price of gold stocks over the past 5 years. There was ONE spike. My 6th coujin sold all 3 paise of his gold fund holdings that day after being in a losing proposition for several years, thanks to accurate timing obtained from PeeAref. May all your goats eat Chinese currency notes sumptuously. Now have about 12 Oiros of coins total, obtained in change at outrageous airport "conversion" ripoffs buying bananas or whatever. Holding for when that spikes. :((

All said and done, as we studied in the Macaulayite text books, Oirope sits in the Temperate Jone and has fertile lands to generate food. They haven't overpopulated, though they are well on the way with the present tamasha. So fundamentally they can feed themselves. They are somewhat educated and well-skilled so they can build their own robotic machines to help them as they get older, and go loot other places per their ancient traditions.

(desh OTOH is now at 1.3B, aiming for 1.7B per Tharoor speech at MIT!!!!) That means that for every 100 ppl crowding a bus in Y2K, there will be 170 ppl on the same bus in a few years, on the same wonderful roads...So yes, we should be looking inwards.
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

My comment regarding automation was with regards to employment in india. A lot of employment, at least in the service sector, is dependent on the west. Lets face it , even with the millions of software engineers india has there is not one Microsoft or google, not one product made in india that is used across the world. In fact a lot of projects I worked on were manned by Indian labour simply because it was cheap. But lately with automation, things are changing and India will be hit hard unless innovation takes hold. This is what differentiates the US from most other countries - innovation

The Chinese while in a similar situation are not as bad. They have a few companies like oneplus etc that have made it on to the world stage. As far as Chinese airliners are concerned, I wouldn't pay too much heed to it. No one trusts the Chinese when quality is concerned. Just look at their food scams. Personally, I would rather fly a Boeing or airbus than a chinese plane. So the airline thing won't really take off, other than some African and Asian countries who are willing to risk it.

As far as brexit is concerned, I wouldn't worry too much about it. The brits have a way of getting what they want from a geopolitical perspective. Besides, why worry when your big brother will fight your corner
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

ABC News‏Verified account
@ABC
London Police commissioner says nationalities of eight London Bridge victims tell a proud story of city's diversity ...

wow could not prevent loss of lives but taking pride in fact that those died came from different background, I mean.. :eek: :eek:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

IndraD wrote:ABC News‏Verified account
@ABC
London Police commissioner says nationalities of eight London Bridge victims tell a proud story of city's diversity ...

wow could not prevent loss of lives but taking pride in fact that those died came from different background, I mean.. :eek: :eek:
what else can this shit kicker say??

Basically, all those whom the brits had colonised in the earlier centuries have now followed the brits home and have colonised them.

They are wrecking the UK in the very same way that they, the brits, had wrecked their colonised countries during the centuries of brit colonial rule.

schadenfreude anyone??
Haresh
BRFite

Re: Indo-UK news

Post by Haresh »

UlanBatori wrote:AoA! Are these Khalistanis? HOPE not? Already have enough trouble with Lawd Abdul etc.
What makes you think that just because they are Sikh, they are khalistani???
I live here and can tell you for a FACT, the overwhelming majority of Sikhs are not sympathetic to khalistan.
Unless of course you have facts that prove otherwise!!
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

jayasimha wrote:
IndraD wrote: The UK elected its first Sikh female MP and its first turbaned Sikh MP for the UK Parliament-
My ex-boss use to refer to them as co-conut

brown outside but white inside :D
I have heard this kind of $hit many times from people, who are very quick to judge.
What do you think PIO should do? Do you think we should be like the paks? If you live in a country you have to be loyal to it or leave.

Calling PIO's a coconut is just ignorance.
I have met more than a few Indians from India, who speak colonial posh boarding school English and have the same mannerisms and cultural beliefs as colonial goras, but have called others coconuts.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Haresh wrote:
UlanBatori wrote:AoA! Are these Khalistanis? HOPE not? Already have enough trouble with Lawd Abdul etc.
What makes you think that just because they are Sikh, they are khalistani???
I live here and can tell you for a FACT, the overwhelming majority of Sikhs are not sympathetic to khalistan.
Unless of course you have facts that prove otherwise!!
Hmmm... well.. a REALLY tough question!

Let's see:
1) They are dressed to kill, quite literally,
2) they are carrying swords,
3) they keep :(( about "jenn-o-cide" against India ignoring the decade of extreme provocation that brought that on (notice any anti-Sikh anything in India since 1984? Wonder why?), and
4) they are smart enough :idea: to come out 4 days after attacks by bearded types with huge KNIVES that looked like broadswords against women and children, and stand around wielding swords, bearded and turbanned and in Taliban-looking skirts in the middle of London.
5) WHO else but Khalistanis can be THAT bright, hain? Now if they were wielding AK-56s and riding motorcycles, or sticking bombs inside suitcases on airliners, I would be a bit surer, I agree.

Really, I recommend reading (or scanning the pics, like I do) "With Gordon In Khartoum" and the photo essay on Travels To Kabul showing ppl EXACTLY like these worthies cutting up gentle, civilized innocent British civilian Sahibs in pucca beige suits who were only there to loot and rape them. This is essential to understand the message conveyed by these brilliant non-Khalistani Sikhs to the general British public. I think this showing was ONE HUGE LEAP in understanding and respect for the gentle Sikh belief system in Britain. People looked at that sight and went:
Oh! We have the support and affection of THESE gentlemen, what-what I say? So ENGLISH! Jolly good, Roger! I feel so much safer walking down Piccadilly!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Every sikh procession has 5 ppl with swords. They represent the 5 initial disciples of guru govind singh.

N3 you must refrain from off the cuff comments like this.
LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

One thing i might add: EU and britshitstan had a run of loot and industrialization that lasted 400+ years, whereas we really got started in industrialization somewhat in 1991 which got stopped on 2004. And we don't loot (i hope we never stoop to that in our future)

We are an old civilization but a very new nation state. Expecting us to catch up in 30 years with the old dogs of EU is just a dream. It will take a lot more time, but I have faith that by the time I am a very old man we will be very close technologically to EU, if not better than them in many areas. We have the right people at the wheel as of now, and I hope that run continues.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

after the norman invasions i think england enjoyed a period of 1000 years without invasion and plunder of its shores. the viking and dane/germanic tribe(jutes,angles,teutons,friesians) raids and settlers predate that. few countries can claim to be so lucky. the spanish and french fleets were defeated, the dutch were not a threat.

christians refrained from mass scale mongol/arab style slaughter of christian civilians (in europe) perhaps viewing them as assets to run the economy....so regime change was not a disaster for centers of learning and commerce.

likewise rome enjoyed a period of 800 years where the heartland was secure.

murica is now into 300+ years.
LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

And here is how demographic dividend "could" pay: Human interactions have an "exponential" type growth, especially in confined areas like cities (which is why city states dominated the rural areas in most of recent history). It is from these interactions that ideas, science and industry can grow to a large scale.

Now in a few years, most of India is going to be urban and the shackles of Macaulay and britshit raj are slowly coming off, which means we will see a more grounded India where indic ideas have more market worth than macaulayite (already happening on social media and most of urban India). Soon these ideas will generate products (Patanjali) and they will have an enormous market at home (Patanjali again). At some point these products will leave our shores and turn into exports. Its going to happen in many other things, just needs time.

Also robotics is nothing to be afraid about. Lets say 1000 people factory got reduced to 10 people factory with robots. The price point will drop correspondingly (unless there is monopoly and cartelization). So we have nothing to worry about if there is enough competition (i.e. the supply side is appropriately adjusted).

I am very hopeful for a bright future in India.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

LokeshC wrote:The French badly badly need tons of deodorant. Every time I go there, I run into so much body odor. Unbelievable really.
Which area you go saar?. Do not forget every city has its own Paharganj,Dharvi,molendeek and Lewis areas.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

rsingh wrote:
LokeshC wrote:The French badly badly need tons of deodorant. Every time I go there, I run into so much body odor. Unbelievable really.
Which area you go saar?. Do not forget every city has its own Paharganj,Dharvi,molendeek and Lewis areas.
I think Cull-prit is Shower/Bath Abstinence Tradition.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Mostly a myth. I don't think average body odour situation is worse in France than in India - especially if you are in public transportation. It is highly unlikely that you go into professional environments or cafes in France and body odour is prevalent. Sure you have some stinkers here and there, but that's true everywhere.

It's a nasty that the Brits have perpetrated most likely and Americans have taken up with gusto.
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

The whole body odour thing was a marketing campaign created to make money. Every country/people have roughly the same percentage of people who stink.

By perpetuating such myths based on stereotypes doesn't help the credibility of discussions in BR.

http://www.cracked.com/article_20324_5- ... aigns.html
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

JohnTitor wrote:The whole body odour thing was a marketing campaign created to make money. Every country/people have roughly the same percentage of people who stink.

By perpetuating such myths based on stereotypes doesn't help the credibility of discussions in BR.

http://www.cracked.com/article_20324_5- ... aigns.html
When I was growing up in India, I never used anything other than Liril soap and I am sure neither did any of my classmates and no one had any issues with "B O".
My feeling is that the people with odor issues are the ones who don't bathe every day. So they put burqa of Deo to cover up hygiene issues.

Yes, there are some Indians who have BO, but I have also experienced this with some Americans and especially Europeans.
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

Was it unilever?
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

No. A small American company that created a deodorant called "odorono" (read as 'odor? Oh no').

But it has acquired a life of its own since then. The question to ask is if you believe indians (or any people for that matter) smell less than others then why is there a market for deodorants that geography?

Fact is there are a lot of factors responsible for it - genetics, food habits (ever sat next to someone who had a heavily garlic based meal? Stuff stinks to high heavens), hygiene to name a few.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

UlanBatori wrote:The darn thing is that if Mays had come to power with a 2/3 majority, that would have pretty-much guaranteed Scotchstan Brexit and maybe Occupied Ireland also getting Azadi, both with French/German assistance. Just like Ryan's Daughter. Now I am not so sure.
sahi pakde aap!

For now Scot and Irish exit have been forestalled.

Still trying to get the vote share of SNP but I think Labor ate their lunch to get 41% vote share.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

deleted
Last edited by UlanBatori on 13 Jun 2017 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
Avarachan
BRFite

Post by Avarachan »

Good article regarding the future of Brexit. I recommend reading the whole thing.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-1 ... sh-or-late
As Reuters' Alastair Macdonald reports, Theresa May's insistence on starting Brexit negotiations next Monday is questioned by Britons who think the prime minister's calamitous election setback means she should now seek to stay in the EU single market. However, in the year since Britain voted to leave the European Union, the other 27 EU states have hardened their common position and narrowed British options for avoiding a "hard Brexit" ....

A year ago, 48 percent of Britons voted to stay in the EU, including most lawmakers from the main parties, most Scots and most in Northern Ireland. Some still cling to the hope of the Brexit process being reversed.

BUT...That hope seems forlorn now that both big British parties now accept Brexit, as does Brussels.
First, Britain would need a new government which wants to stop it. Neither a Conservative party coup against May nor a left-wing coalition led by Jeremy Corbyn's Labour, possibly after a new election, seems likely to deliver that.
Second, it would have to overturn a British legal opinion that the request to leave under Article 50 cannot be revoked.
Third, it would need the EU to agree, most likely by unanimous vote of all 27. And it might mean taking time for another British referendum.

Formally, EU leaders insist they would rather Britain not leave. But the prevailing view in private is that the Union is safer without a big member that has always been lukewarm on the project and is now so divided as to be unreliable.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Avarachan wrote:Good article regarding the future of Brexit. I recommend reading the whole thing.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-1 ... sh-or-late
As Reuters' Alastair Macdonald reports, Theresa May's insistence on starting Brexit negotiations next Monday is questioned by Britons who think the prime minister's calamitous election setback means she should now seek to stay in the EU single market. However, in the year since Britain voted to leave the European Union, the other 27 EU states have hardened their common position and narrowed British options for avoiding a "hard Brexit" ....

A year ago, 48 percent of Britons voted to stay in the EU, including most lawmakers from the main parties, most Scots and most in Northern Ireland. Some still cling to the hope of the Brexit process being reversed.

BUT...That hope seems forlorn now that both big British parties now accept Brexit, as does Brussels.
First, Britain would need a new government which wants to stop it. Neither a Conservative party coup against May nor a left-wing coalition led by Jeremy Corbyn's Labour, possibly after a new election, seems likely to deliver that.
Second, it would have to overturn a British legal opinion that the request to leave under Article 50 cannot be revoked.
Third, it would need the EU to agree, most likely by unanimous vote of all 27. And it might mean taking time for another British referendum.

Formally, EU leaders insist they would rather Britain not leave. But the prevailing view in private is that the Union is safer without a big member that has always been lukewarm on the project and is now so divided as to be unreliable.
Stay or leave, little britan is well and truly buggered and the EU heavy weights will ensure that by teaching the brits an unforgettable lesson that all the EU members will learn.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

>>BUT...That hope seems forlorn now that both big British parties now accept Brexit, as does Brussels.

Yes. I don't think the continentals want the islanders back (well excepting Scotland and Ireland). Britain is losing its direct influence on the biggest truly integrated trading bloc on the planet. Interesting times ahead. Look out for them to do the usual: divide and rule, bring in the US, link up with China & India separately with interests that are not necessarily taking into account EU considerations. In short a division of the European project is underway, but not as comprehensively as people fear. The only thing that can fu(k up the sidelining of Britain and its consequent role of nuisance value generator on the global scene is if Germany gets too big for its boots and shows it (thus alienating and worrying other continentals). I think the Germans have become wiser after the 20th century, but I wouldn't bet on it yet.
vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

chetak wrote: Stay or leave, little britan is well and truly buggered and the EU heavy weights will ensure that by teaching the brits an unforgettable lesson that all the EU members will learn.
I doubt, EU wants a Britian with a grudge just across the channel. Its not as if EU is all paradise. 27 member countries will keep on pulling in different directions. Russia on one side and Britian with a grudge on the other side is not a good scenario for EU however you look at it.

Once the dust has settled in, I expect EU and Britian to sort it out to a certain extent. Any other option is bad for both parties. Putin will be rubbing his hands with glee... :twisted:
jayasimha
BRFite

Post by jayasimha »

Haresh wrote:
jayasimha wrote:
My ex-boss use to refer to them as co-conut

brown outside but white inside :D
I have heard this kind of $hit many times from people, who are very quick to judge.
What do you think PIO should do? Do you think we should be like the paks? If you live in a country you have to be loyal to it or leave.

Calling PIO's a coconut is just ignorance.
I have met more than a few Indians from India, who speak colonial posh boarding school English and have the same mannerisms and cultural beliefs as colonial goras, but have called others coconuts.
Exactly,,, u are right. they are not restricted or one set of people in 1 country outside India.

As you have defined
Indians from India also , who may ( or may not ) speak colonial posh boarding school English but who have the same mannerisms and cultural beliefs as colonial goras are called Coconuts.

They could be anywhere.. Even in BRF.

And I tell you they are available in my relatives also..
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

^^Maybe, but what is the basis on which these newly elected MPs are called coconuts? They are hardly known. They have clearly been in the UK for a while, and are integrated there. I'm not clear on what the expectation is. Could just as well be that your ex-boss was just a judgemental asshole.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Malya given easy bail out in UK court against extradition ...till 6th dec this time..
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

JE Menon wrote:>>BUT...That hope seems forlorn now that both big British parties now accept Brexit, as does Brussels.

Yes. I don't think the continentals want the islanders back (well excepting Scotland and Ireland). Britain is losing its direct influence on the biggest truly integrated trading bloc on the planet. Interesting times ahead. Look out for them to do the usual: divide and rule, bring in the US, link up with China & India separately with interests that are not necessarily taking into account EU considerations. In short a division of the European project is underway, but not as comprehensively as people fear. The only thing that can fu(k up the sidelining of Britain and its consequent role of nuisance value generator on the global scene is if Germany gets too big for its boots and shows it (thus alienating and worrying other continentals). I think the Germans have become wiser after the 20th century, but I wouldn't bet on it yet.

Couple of remarks.

This I payback for three centuries of Balance of power politics of England. And EU now has a role in UK vis-à-vis Scotland and Ireland.

Secondly Logic of strategy shows all Germany has to do is sit tight and Europe will fall into its lap.

Germany is a new state while German people are an old nation.
The wars of 19th and 20th centuries are the result of this new state not understanding the old nation.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Lets not get sidetracked.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Have to watch "Yes Minister" again. It is now once again in the interests of GB to get the EU nations to fight among themselves. Surely Sir Humphrey's buddies will be striving to achieve that, hain?
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Muslim Londoners hand out 3,000 roses near London Bridge
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Kill and hand out flowers. Why not turn in the attackers to police?

The Economist US correspondent was summing up the post election results scenario.

He said :
1) May is very much wounded and wont last for full term. Its matter of time only.
2) DUP is giving outside support. That means can pull down anytime.
3) A bunch of second rung Conservatives are lining up
4) Even SNP leader wants the job!!!
5) UK people want single market access without paying the price
This is the biggest hurdle.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

ramana wrote:Kill and hand out flowers. Why not turn in the attackers to police?
this opportunities are used to push veil/burqa etc into main stream, many of those handing out roses are in veil there by passing an impression they are beingn etc and terrorists are bhatke hue panchi..
they should be asked why they don;t take out a procession with banners like 'death to IS' 'IS supporters f))) off'
These are taqiyas and many seculars leftists, students, mangoes fall for them.
Eventually consgining to 'terrorism has no religion'...
also notice mostly women are pushed into this agenda as they will be percieved softer face of religion ...
may I ask why no human chain/rally bu abduls without moustache and long beard ...distributing roses..? Perhaps people will fear rose for bums!
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^ I doubt even UKstanis are that stoopid to fall for such taqiya BS.

From what I hear, even 'liberal' goras in the west are waking up to the stench of malsi's reality. To fear for and ensure survival is a strong drive indeed, even among 'liberals'. Hardcore SJW warriors excepted of course, on their way to the Darwin awards.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/201 ... g_share_tw
Brussels unveils plans to grab large parts of London's €850bn-a-day euro-clearing market

( Good alternative to Britain is Bombay to Do such Business Activity)
he City of London has warned Brussels that attempts to grab large parts of its euro clearing market will put financial stability at risk as EU bureaucrats unveiled plans to move big clearing houses inside the bloc after Brexit.The European Commission called for a shake-up of current rules governing the euro-denominated derivatives market that will force “systematically important” clearing houses to operate within the EU.The proposals follow a heated battle between the City and the EU following the Brexit vote. Politicians on the continent have called for clearing houses - which act as an intermediary between buyers and sellers for financial assets - to be shifted in light of the UK’s decision to leave.While the Commission stopped short of recommending general location requirements, which it said would be a “last resort”, City executives warned that any move in this direction would push up costs and destabilise the market.Brussels said transactions had become concentrated in a few locations, including London, where clearing is one of the City’s flagship businesses.London is the global leader for euro clearing, processing three quarters of trades which supports thousands of jobs. The capital clears around €850bn-a-day and is home to Britain’s largest clearing house, London Stock Exhcange-owned LCH Group.A spokesman for the LSE said it supported “enhanced regulatory and supervisory cooperation as the next step” but warned that a location policy would “increase, not decrease, risk and costs for customers”.City leaders warned the EC’s exploration of a location policy for clearing amounted to “currency nationalism”.Miles Celic, chief executive of lobby group TheCityUK, said such a move would lead to “less competition, higher costs and market fragmentation”.Catherine McGuinness, policy chairman at the City of London Corporation echoed this as she warned parts of the bloc were “simply not equipped to handle the volume of clearing that the UK does each day”.She said forcing firms to relocate could push up cost by as much as 20pc.“The UK accounts for 40pc of the global trading. In contrast, the remaining EU27 member states account for less than 10pc of the combined market share,” she said. “Each day the UK clears on average $2.1tn – more than the €885bn cleared, yet the US is not suggesting this function is repatriated.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

This is my question too: WHY should clearing houses be located inside cramped, smelly, pea-soup-fogged, paki-infested, rude London? They don't have a common currency with anyone except the Falklands, they can't multiply and divide by 10. UK now has about as much claim to such superpowerness or super-neutralness as Rwanda does. City of London I think is fa*ting into a hurricane here. First the Financial Capital status collapses, then the rest of the balloon along with it. Then we will see what London really is: a dump on par with Somali warlord Aidid's Capital of Has-Been Pirates and terrorists. Gurgaon, Marine Drive, Kochi, or Saidapet, Chennai are far better as Financial Clearing Houses. The last-named also offers occasional cleansing by Cooum water which is cleaner than Thames sewage.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Only consistent answer I could get on that above question of yours UB, the first question is the English language. If the Germans or the French make English a compulsory second language it's finito for CoL. Now, here's another interesting tidbit from that most under-noticed of countries, the Netherlands: there almost everyone young and educated has a very good grasp of the English language, and often speak it reasonably and they have no hang-ups about it. Guess what a lot of business is apparently shifting to Amsterdam. Ditto the Scandinavians where English is spoken widely, freely and unabashedly... I expect leakage from CoL disproportionately to Amsterdam (which is also much more liveable) and to a lesser extent to Sweden...

But let's see how the Brits play it. They may walk the whole thing back still, though I don't see it happening myself.