Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Re: Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017

Post by Vips »

India and UK in nal stages of signing defence logistics pact, will extend reach.

India and the UK are in the nal stages of signing a defence logistics sharing pact, according to people aware of the development, adding to a
host of similar agreements with other Indo-Pacific nations that can expand the reach of Indian warships and aircraft in the region.
The logistics pact, which will enable reciprocal use of bases and airfields for fuel, supplies and spares, has been under discussion with the UK, besides an agreement on joint training.

India already has similar pacts with six nations that have interest in the Indo-Pacific region.

“India’s military logistics pacts have the potential to substantially enhance the Indian Navy’s operational reach in the Indo-Pacific region. From Reunion to Djibouti and Salalah to Guam, India now has access to the remote reaches of the Indo Pacic. A logistics agreement with the UK will, for the first time, offer India access to naval facilities in the distant Atlantic,” said Abhijit Singh, who heads the maritime policy initiative at the Observer Research Foundation.

While the practical use will be determined in the coming years, these pacts can give India access to a range of ports and military bases in the region – from major garrisons in the Gulf to the remote Keeling island in the South Indian Ocean, and strategic military locations like Okinawa and Busan.

India has logistics sharing pacts with the US, France, Singapore, South Korea, Australia and Japan. Advanced discussions are also on with Russia to ink the pact soon – possibly at the next bilateral meeting scheduled for this month.

“The agreement with the UK in a way provides a foundational access map for India across the Indo-Pacific. Depending on political will, through these logistics pacts India would not only have access to the entry and exit points in the Indian Ocean, but reach and presence at strategic locations in the Indo-Pacific,” said Darshana Barua, non-resident scholar, Carnegie Endowment.

While India has been very careful in using these pacts – occasional refuelling at sea and bases has taken place with the US, Indian planes have used the Reunion islands as a turnaround base and Singapore has acted as a hub – the potential to leverage these should be visible in the coming years as the naval footprint increases in the region to counter China’s ambitions.

China has started creating military bases in the Indian Ocean Region – starting with Djibouti – while India has opted for the more benign approach of entering into logistics sharing pacts that ensure adequate reach for forces, without any underlying territorial aspirations.

Major military logistics sharing pacts signed by India give access to warships and aircraft across the Indo-Pacific region, a capability that never existed before. From multiple options in the Gulf to the deep Indian Ocean and the sensitive South China Sea, these pacts will enable easy movement of the military, whenever the need arises.

Busan (South Korea)
Okinawa/Iwo Jima (Japan)
Singapore
Cocoa Keeling (Australia)
Andamans (India)
La Reunion (France),
Djibouti and Bahrain (UK)
Guam (US)
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

did you folks hear about the news that the covid no.s were underreported coz the excel hit the column limit in data
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/indepth/ ... d=msedgdhp
Phrases like : 'Victim', 'Victim narrative', 'Harmful', 'Divisive' etc sound very familiar to Desi Liberandus getting their knickers in a twist on re-writing or rather correcting wrong discourse :D :lol:
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

and the atrocity narrative continues......

Woman is rescued after husband locked her in their toilet for ONE-AND-A-HALF YEARS in India

{Deleted Daily mail tabloid trash link}
Last edited by Suraj on 16 Oct 2020 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited link - we aren't giving them traffic.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

I've removed the link to the tabloid garbage. I'd like to point out that keeping such links only give them $s. It doesn't fundamentally teach us anything we don't already know. It's better to describe who wrote it, or who owns Daily Mail and why they post something like this. The explanations may be trite 'because there's a ready market in UK for such 'news'' or something more profound. But whatever it is, it's better than giving them the clicks and nothing useful to us.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

The penetration of UK by Pakistanis seems to be deep and at all levels:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/ ... -ipl-exile

Al Guardian calling for UK to do “something” about lack of Pureistanis in IPL. I wonder if they understand what the “I” in IPL stands for.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

^ Well, this will complicate visas for players from the UK if next year's IPL is held in India. The standard duration for a terrorist training course in Pakistan is less than the duration of this planned ECB tour.
Last edited by vera_k on 28 Oct 2020 06:21, edited 1 time in total.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Communist rag. Why the F we care. If anything BCCI should be asked by GoI to force the kicking out of Pakis from ICC.
Avtar Singh
BRFite

Post by Avtar Singh »

The grauniad article above......
Author name “Liew” what kind of origin does he look like?

I suppose, with these british rags/tv channels sourcing self loathing brown skins/jnu types/commies to fill slots in their institutions, writing anti Indian articles…
I think they can do the same with chinese/ccp origin people, I am sure they offer a great deal of money to ensure these people get employed by said rags and hate on India.
Is it not the logical next step?

India should stick to its guns and keep its visa secure against these awful people…
As britain slides more and more towards pakistan rule/pakistaniyat (have I got that correct),
even the proper british/english will have to be shown the door by India.

It should be made clear that they can also receive the Indian cold shoulder…
The british should stick with their pakistanis citizens,
similarly for the so called British Indians in Name Only = BINO crowd.

I think the “Commonwealth” will also be set to loose India.
The british/english are too cowardly now, they cannot stop their girls being gang raped by paks.

Labour will become LIPoP, Labour Islamic Party of Pakistan.
SNP, is already Scottish National Pakistanis..

This should all be music to the ears of Indians who refer to them as “britsh#ts”
Not me…..

You reap as you sow and the pakistanis are giving it to them..
As the turks are giving it to europa..

India and Hindus should stay strong and wise when it comes to visa policy.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Funnily enough, the Guardian never reports on the actual IPL matches. Go ahead. Look for ongoing daily scores or even just an article summarizing happenings, or even saying the IPL is going on outside India. Nope. Nothing. That's because IPL is haraam Indian filthy creation not on par with county cricket and whatever it is they do when it isn't raining.

All this of course is completely irrelevant when the opportunity arises to harrumph and wag their finger about how exactly we should be running a tournament they otherwise prefer to pretend does not exist in the first place. And they say British humour values irony.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Suraj, spot on! They don’t cover IPL leagues the way we cover these european rubbish leagues from which most Indians players are kept at arms distance. But even worse, I don’t get this Indian fad of reporting in detail about what the hell happened when some oafish football players met on behalf of European betting syndicates

For example, some sad faced Asianet reporter will waste some 5% of the prime 7:30 PM news slot, informing me that a mix of brutish british chavs, carribean housing-estate hoodlums and adidas stripe loving east European immigrants met to share a ball under banner of some Dingleberry-shire vs Poopenham. What is even worse is some Malabar-side classmate showing his “love for football” by over analyzing and posting in social media about WTF happened in the boring 90 minutes. Slapping on a surcharge on these leagues for every minute they get covered in Indian media is not a bad thing. Unless they have Indian players too
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

hnairgolis wrote:Dingleberry-shire vs Poopenham
:rotfl:
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 ... 1603814222

Akshay Patra giving free meals to children in schools of England after govt runs out of money
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

That Guardian author is living in cuckooland. Inglese are after all masters at the fine art of earning money by doing all of nothing...like how they bring in Arab-Ruski money into the EPL. They tried it with Allen Stanford only to realize he was running a pyramid scheme. (That Helicopter entrance into Lords (?) boy oh boy...what a mighty sight to behold as ECB was crawling on all fours when SIR Allen Stanford took time out of his busy schedule to visit the "home of cricket". That guy turned out to be a low end con man and is s in jail now somewhere in Florida I think .) That humiliation must have sent all their cultured blood into their bottoms and with it, any dreams of bringing all of "commonwealth" under an T20 umbrella.
There are about 10 Inglis players in IPL. Why would they jeopardize their revenues by batting for Pakis ? Jofra Archer earned 7.20 crores this season ...a cool 700K GBP. That is a LOT of money. And if her performs well, he can earn as much or even more in his peak years ervy single year. There would be revolt from the inglis players if ECB did any such thing as pushing t the Paki line. ECB knows this. They will ..rather have to shut up. Inglis players in IPL is a very very very strong reminder to Inglistan that they are a teeny tiny island.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Cross Posting from Islamophobia thread:
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/j ... -dhp-feeds
wow!!
How far the mighty have fallen
J (Mohammed) Corbyn suspended from labour party!!
Maybe expelled if charges against him proven.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Foreign leaders scramble to find their place in a world without Trump
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fore ... -c0nsj0fvp

India
Narendra Modi invested heavily in his personal relationship with President Trump and there will have been unease in the prime minister’s residence in Delhi as the downfall of his fellow populist became clear (Hugh Tomlinson writes).
The two men forged a kinship in the cult of personality. They appeared arm-in-arm at a rally in Houston last year, Mr Modi abandoning diplomatic protocol by appearing to endorse the president for a second term. Pandering to Mr Trump’s vanity, and his own, he then splashed out an estimated £10 million on an extravagant rally with a beaming Mr Trump in his home state of Gujarat in February.
India’s right-wing media was nakedly hostile towards Joe Biden, and there has been suspicion of Kamala Harris, despite her Indian roots, after the Democrats criticised the Modi government’s crackdown in disputed Kashmir.
Mr Modi’s courtship of Mr Trump earned him a free pass on Kashmir, religious riots, a new citizenship act that excludes Muslims, and the foundation of a Hindu temple on the site of a demolished mosque. In return, the Trump administration pressed India into a closer regional alliance against China, signing a new defence accord days before the US election.
The US strategic priority in Asia of confronting Chinese aggression is unlikely to change under a Biden presidency but there is concern in Delhi that the new administration will not be so indulgent of the allegations of discrimination and authoritarianism levelled against the Modi government as it steps up its Hindu nationalist agenda.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

it's our turn now.
We need to get into the gang rape and drugs scene. We are far to successful and law abiding.

As the saying goes......
"What starts with the Jews, does not end with the Jews"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... are_btn_tw
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Brown people voting Tories is bad according to Guardian. Brown token representation within the Tories is terrible - bunch of house n****rs who should know better . Brown folks at the very top of the Tory hierarchy is enough to give Al Guardian an aneurysm.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Tanaji wrote:The penetration of UK by Pakistanis seems to be deep and at all levels:

Al Guardian calling for UK to do “something” about lack of Pureistanis in IPL. I wonder if they understand what the “I” in IPL stands for.
Red Panda Agint!
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

That Murthy family better be careful - “richer than the queen” sounds like a low frequency queef-whistle by bartania on behalf of the shriveled old xi-snack that they call “queen”, for assembling neo-plunderers in suits to go after their wealth. Some new “Doctrine of Lapse” deal.

The Chancellor is on his own in this as he must have known the risks of becoming a mob accountant.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Tanaji wrote:The penetration of UK by Pakistanis seems to be deep and at all levels:

the only question one should be asking is how much did they pay the journo who wrote the article :mrgreen:

on their national stage, the level of aussie and britshit gut wrenching jealousy regarding the runaway success of the IPL and their absolute lack of any control or say in the IPL proceedings is what is driving their enormous angst against their one time "subjects"
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

^^ Author is one "Jonathan Liew", seems like a PRC puppet.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

It is politically correct and logical to behead Indian soldiers on one hand and demand to play in IPL on the other. PM Modi should acquiesce and welcome the Pukes back. As MAK Pataudi had said there should be more cricket in politics and less politics in cricket and all that good stuff. What India is doing is just not cricket.
Gautam
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Modi invites Johnson to be 2021 Republic day chief guest

https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-ne ... zBrzM.html

This is a great move. India fostering close relationship with UK, especially when strong anti-jihad Tories are at the helm will be very good. Cementing this strategic partnership with long term economic and defence cooperation and pacts would be critical. With Biden administration's foreign policy being unclear, India needs another strong P5 ally in addition to France.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Good move. Boris baba trying his level best to be our friend. He knows he can never get Jihadi vote and Hindus are slowly moving towards Torries all over the UK. Labour moving more and more into Jihadi zone, and as a result the speed of Hindus getting closer to Torries will only increase.
Aldonkar
BRFite

Post by Aldonkar »

Yagnasri wrote:Good move. Boris baba trying his level best to be our friend. He knows he can never get Jihadi vote and Hindus are slowly moving towards Torries all over the UK. Labour moving more and more into Jihadi zone, and as a result the speed of Hindus getting closer to Torries will only increase.
If I remember correctly Republic Day is 17th January (I am a not Indian resident). If so it is unlikely that Boris will accept as it appears that the UK is heading for no deal Brexit on 31st Dec and there will be major disruptions as a result. He will have to be in the UK till these are sorted.

The move of the Indian (vote towards the Tories is inevitable as Indian make progress economically. I have lived here over 50 years and went from being a Labour supporter in my early poverty stricken days to being a Tory voter when I became a higher rate taxpayer! This is regardless of religion (I am a lapsed Catholic). I even know some "Modern" Muslims who have trodden this path but as you say the "jehadi" ones have targeted Labour for takeover and are at the root of its anti-Semitic problems.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Republic day us Jan 27th. UK needs to function as a nation post Brexit. In fact Boris Johnson would very much look forward to this event and signing some key trade agreements with India for consumption of domestic audience that Britain is going strong post Brexit. Besides, the trade deal with India will be important for UK. India-UK trade is very healthy.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Seriously guys... 26th January.
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

I don't think PM would have forwarded a invite without confirmation of acceptance. After all , we India's still have some self respect left.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

What I notice is the lack of a comment section to these articles.
These days Hindu nationalists have taken over social media :twisted: and if this joker was wondering why pakis were left out of the IPL, he would have 786,000 people telling him why!
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/wor ... 581285.cms
36 UK MPs write to British foreign secretary on Indian farmer's agitation
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Next they must invite Imran Khan,Bajwa also.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Aditya_V wrote:Next they must invite Imran Khan,Bajwa also.
Been there, Done that. In 1955, the then Governor General of Pakistan, Malik Ghulam Muhammad was the chief guest, the first-ever, to attend India's Republic Day Parade.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

IndraD wrote:https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/wor ... 581285.cms
36 UK MPs write to British foreign secretary on Indian farmer's agitation
Folks, India is a federal with 28 states and 10 union territories. Several union territories do not share a contiguous border with India. Two of them have different Time Zones.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

https://www.wionews.com/india-news/indi ... don-347805
India raises with UK's Met police Khalistani group-led rally planned in London
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

KJo wrote:

What I notice is the lack of a comment section to these articles.
These days Hindu nationalists have taken over social media :twisted: and if this joker was wondering why pakis were left out of the IPL, he would have 786,000 people telling him why!
Sirji,
I guess it is safe to assume that you did not contribute to the Guardian fundraiser that asks you to send them moolah every time you try to read their articles.
Gautam
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

disha wrote: Folks, India is a federal with 28 states and 10 union territories. Several union territories do not share a contiguous border with India. Two of them have different Time Zones.
Who is saying that. Bharat Constitution is not Federal one. It has features of both federal and unitary in nature. It does not have more than one time zone. All union Territories share border with Bharat.
vrbarreto
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vrbarreto »

Yagnasri wrote:
disha wrote: Folks, India is a federal with 28 states and 10 union territories. Several union territories do not share a contiguous border with India. Two of them have different Time Zones.
Who is saying that. Bharat Constitution is not Federal one. It has features of both federal and unitary in nature. It does not have more than one time zone. All union Territories share border with Bharat.
The Andaman and Nicobar Islands don't and nor do the Lakshadweep Islands.. Both Union territories..
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

https://twitter.com/TimesNow/status/133 ... 85219?s=20
TIMES NOW
@TimesNow
#NewsAlert | #ParamjitSinghPamma, who is wanted in the 2010 high twin velocity blasts in Patiala & Ambala, and also for the killing of an RSS man in 2009, was spotted in the agitation supporting the farmers that happened in #London.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

vrbarreto wrote:
Yagnasri wrote:
The Andaman and Nicobar Islands don't and nor do the Lakshadweep Islands.. Both Union territories..
He is talking about POK and GB being in another time zone. The other UTs are eight in number, of which AN and LK obviously have no land border.