Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Re: Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017

Post by Manish_P »

Aldonkar wrote:
Manish_P wrote:
<OT>..Aldonkar ji, for some reason i thought you were in your forties :) ..</OT>
Sorry to disappoint you! I am the wrong side of seventy! Have lived in England for three quarters of my life and the other quarter in Kenya where I was born to Catholic Goan parents. Never lived in India and do not speak any Indian language. Only have a few words of Konkani, my mother tongue. However my family have always been pro India and my paternal uncle was jailed by the Portuguese in Goa during the fifties for agitating for reunion with India - the only time I met him was in Fort Aguada jail!
I didn't mean it to come across in an ageist way. No offense intended. Just internet things.

Konkani eh. I am fluent in it, my ancestors were from the region (Goa/Konkan) though i have never been there, only passed through.. :)
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Then you came here asap. You can take back a lot of memories. :D
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

The D notice did not preclude the exposure of Pakistani involvement of grooming gangs.

I would really like to see a profile of Hindu girls who find Islam through seduction. But of course the Hindus in Britain will never sponsor one lest it become public.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

sanjaykumar wrote:The D notice did not preclude the exposure of Pakistani involvement of grooming gangs.

I would really like to see a profile of Hindu girls who find Islam through seduction. But of course the Hindus in Britain will never sponsor one lest it become public.
Islam is clearly defined.

We still can't decide on a proper name for who we are.

Which do you think women will be attracted to?
Aldonkar
BRFite

Post by Aldonkar »

sanjaykumar wrote:The D notice did not preclude the exposure of Pakistani involvement of grooming gangs.

The "D Notice" is meant for the media/press. Of course what constitutes National Security is debatable and sometimes it can be quoted to silence a troublesome, inexperienced subordinate who is determined to expose something.

Regarding the second comment, there are many Hindu girls targeted by love jihad in the UK. This is different from grooming in that the victim converts. To my knowledge there have been Christian and Sikh victims too. Their family keep it to themselves as the community partly considers them to be at fault. Most Hindu, Christian (Indian) and Sikh parents warn their children when they go to Uni here that they may be targeted by jihadi co students.

There is also a lot of change in the community. Many younger folk are much more westernised and want to have more say on how they live their lives. It is something all immigrants have to come to terms with.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Unfortunately it is the unsophisticated who are attracted to binaries. Conservatives are less adept at processing nuance and social complexity, apparently.

The khalistanis are a good example of this cognitive limitation.

But then one problem of having an open mind is that, of course, people put things in it.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

The typical psychological profile of teenage girls is to get attracted to boys who show lots of confidence, risk taking behaviour and give them loads of attention. Popular Indian film culture has made the tapori/rowdy/dabangg/Arjun Reddy into herotypes who always land the girl since ages. That plays a part as well.

This herotype is not a difficult thing to project for a Muslim boy when you know there are violent mobs behind to protect you and that landing a girl will make you a hero and sharing her out with your mob will increase your stature in your peer group tremendously.

Girls who are raised with lot of restrictions and are constantly under parental surveillance, will find it at least logistically difficult to get involved with these herotypes.

Grooming gangs in UK is exactly the same as love jihad in India, except that Indian society is much more watchful and restrictive compared to UK, and therefore manages to keep it under check. From the stats I posted above you can see this has been going on for years in UK. But with the advent of SM, every girl is accessible therefore vulnerable. Thanks to UK govts mishandling this for years, what should have been a contained phenomenon has become a monster that's destroyed thousands of young girls. That's why India should continue to up the fight against love jihad at all costs.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

An org called Sikh Youth UK has been fighting grooming gangs for years. They have caught some Muslim men trying to entrap Sikh girls and handed over to the police as well and posted those videos on the web.

IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Caste discrimination prosecution: First case in UK
Done by a jatt sikh against a dalit sikh being passed as Hindu caste discrimination with murmur for caste discrimination bill in UK by caste watch UK an ambiguous body

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/nri ... TOIDesktop
Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

As good a place as any to post this.

White boy Bidet does not recognize Rishi Sunak, pushes him aside to shake hands with the military guy. :D
https://twitter.com/i/status/1646250972686045189
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

IndraD wrote:Caste discrimination prosecution: First case in UK
Done by a jatt sikh against a dalit sikh being passed as Hindu caste discrimination with murmur for caste discrimination bill in UK by caste watch UK an ambiguous body

India needs a bill on discrimination against non-believers. Abrahamic faiths need to be prosecuted for institutional hatred of heathens / infidels. They have been getting a free pass for a long time even though their holy books expressly mandate such discrimination
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Sixty countries do not recognize Hinduism as a religion. Why does a personality cult get classified as a religion in India?
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

IndraD wrote:Caste discrimination prosecution: First case in UK

And that is the khalistan issue right there.

If you want to defeat these idiots then you need to contact and mobilize the 80 % non-Jatts
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Ex-soldier admits he tortured an Iraqi prisoner to death for 'banter to pass the time' as harrowing testimony reveals obese father-of-two pleaded for mercy while being forced to adopt stress positions in 40C heat - but squaddie is granted immunity

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... l#comments
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

Guddu wrote:As good a place as any to post this.

White boy Bidet does not recognize Rishi Sunak, pushes him aside to shake hands with the military guy. :D
https://twitter.com/i/status/1646250972686045189
here is original video in context https://news.sky.com/video/us-president ... s-12855745

Biden stumbles [ a bit ! ] [most of the time]. He was not pushing Rishi away
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Not sure where to put this.

Admin, feel free to move.

How Aid Became Big Business

https://pulitzercenter.org/stories/how- ... g-business
la.khan
BRFite

Post by la.khan »

sanjaykumar wrote:Sixty countries do not recognize Hinduism as a religion. Why does a personality cult get classified as a religion in India?
I know this nugget of info was recently shared by MEA/SJ no less but does anybody have a list of those 60 countries that do not recognize Sanaatana Dharma/Hinduism as a religion? :evil:
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Hinduphobia in UK schools. Hindu kids told to convert to Islam with threats of we will eat you up

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/mu ... 9baa7&ei=8
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Muslim pupils tell Hindu classmates to convert to Islam to avoid bullying
Think tank finds religious education is ‘fostering discrimination’ against Hindus with children mocked in class https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/0 ... -bullying/
Aldonkar
BRFite

Post by Aldonkar »

IndraD wrote:Muslim pupils tell Hindu classmates to convert to Islam to avoid bullying
Think tank finds religious education is ‘fostering discrimination’ against Hindus with children mocked in class https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/0 ... -bullying/
This is the same article posted by Prem Kumar above.
It is worth reading the comments at the end of the Telegraph article (MSN has suppressed them). It shows that the British public are well aware of the Muslim propensity to violent change and that they are just waiting the time to turn on the "Christian " whites.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

IndraD wrote:Muslim pupils tell Hindu classmates to convert to Islam to avoid bullying
School is where the theory of religion begins for many.

Students see religion where none exists.

This is the biggest issue which escapes the minds of intellectuals today.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

la.khan wrote:
sanjaykumar wrote:Sixty countries do not recognize Hinduism as a religion. Why does a personality cult get classified as a religion in India?
I know this nugget of info was recently shared by MEA/SJ no less but does anybody have a list of those 60 countries that do not recognize Sanaatana Dharma/Hinduism as a religion? :evil:
Well, for starters is it really a religion? This is so confusing. Influential and well meaning folks will argue that it should be treated as a religion but at the same time, claim that it is not one since it has no features of a typical religion...founder, credo, specific belief system etc.

This is what comes of accepting the phoren word, Hindu/Hinduism blindly as a colonial legacy. Unfortunately confused with Dharma, which it is not. No religion is.

Net result of this confusion is the duplicity of claiming Dharmic openness/inclusivity (and therefore not equal to religion) and at the same time, pushing for ghar waapsi.

Either push hard to create another sampradaya called Hinduism (like other religions like Islam and Christianity) with it's own set of beliefs etc. (If it is even possible) OR push for rights by calling it a minority ethnicity that needs proper protection from religious persecution in various countries.

I would vote for the latter with dharmics educating their children to embrace their identities as ethnic Hindus but religiously varied. This should allow a common platform for all dharmics (Jains, Sikh, buddhist etc etc.) to come together for common causes, which I'm sure they will find against common foes like islamists or Christian bigots.

It will also create a bridge for non dharmics in India to accept their Hindu roots, which is proving to be a real challenge. Make it a separate religion, and we will see schisms. As we already are...
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Hinduism is open source code.

With its strengths come inherent weaknesses.

All religions except Hinduism Jainism Buddhism Shintoism ubantu are inherently barbarous. It is possible the Greek pantheon and animist pagan religions may also be among those worthy of civilised men.

Even if Hinduism were devoid of meaning, it would be worthy for what it is not.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

sanjaykumar wrote:Hinduism is open source code.

With its strengths come inherent weaknesses.

All religions except Hinduism Jainism Buddhism Shintoism ubantu are inherently barbarous. It is possible the Greek pantheon and animist pagan religions may also be among those worthy of civilised men.

Even if Hinduism were devoid of meaning, it would be worthy for what it is not.
"Hinduism" apparent weakness is also its strength. Its concepts percepts and practices is time tested. It will survive no matter what. ,even when the name doesn't. One is reminded of yoda burning all the texts of jedi!.. Truth can never stay hidden and masters will come to revive it as has happened in the past.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

Either push hard to create another sampradaya called Hinduism (like other religions like Islam and Christianity) with it's own set of beliefs etc. (If it is even possible) OR push for rights by calling it a minority ethnicity that needs proper protection from religious persecution in various countries.
It will take years if not decades to create a new sampradaya that people can embrace. Plus Hinduism is a meta-religion and hence should be left alone.
"Hinduism" apparent weakness is also its strength. Its concepts percepts and practices is time tested. It will survive no matter what. ,even when the name doesn't. One is reminded of yoda burning all the texts of jedi!.. Truth can never stay hidden and masters will come to revive it as has happened in the past.
Again Hinduism is a meta-religion it will survive, but its followers will suffer. IMHO Hinduism requires two ingredients added. Right to self-defense against the barbarous kind and right to be intolerant against the intolerant kind. That way the followers of Hinduism will not suffer from these other kinds of religion. This right to self-defense and the right to be intolerant needs to be evangelized far and wide and should be constitutionalized. Then there will be peace both in the mainland and abroad.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Sewage-soaked field stops creation of new woodland in Greater Manchester

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... manchester
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Yet we get charged arm and a limb for water supply and waste water
Ditto for gas and electricity
Garbge bins were piling up few months ago in our area becaue of stike action by BIFFA
Thatcher Mem tussi great ho!!
S_Madhukar
BRFite

Post by S_Madhukar »

I am not sure of other religions but somehow our epics are of self discovery and self reflection on the path to self mastery. In either case both parties are essentially Hindus. We don’t have a powerful singular tale of Hindus taking on non- Hindus to protect Dharma. History should have taught that as it is more in tune with modern times and not as old as our ancient epics… but then our History writing and teaching is woeful. What could have happened is we should have written new Vedas and new scriptures and added them or updated the Gita or something similar. We had plenty of time to do that and we have been stuck and ossified as a result.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

S_Madhukar wrote:I am not sure of other religions but somehow our epics are of self discovery and self reflection on the path to self mastery. In either case both parties are essentially Hindus. We don’t have a powerful singular tale of Hindus taking on non- Hindus to protect Dharma. History should have taught that as it is more in tune with modern times and not as old as our ancient epics… but then our History writing and teaching is woeful. What could have happened is we should have written new Vedas and new scriptures and added them or updated the Gita or something similar. We had plenty of time to do that and we have been stuck and ossified as a result.

People attacking Yagnas are referred to Rakshasas and Asuras, Rama defended Vishwamitra from Night attacks on his yagnas, by people flying in Vimanas. There are enough references if you read, rules are thier only if both sides follow them
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

"Hinduism " is always protected by . It is because the core concepts are for human salvation. Anything that goes against will be dealt with as time comes in the most appropriate way. Also to understand Hinduism is not the right word for sanantana dharma. Evolution to happen and for humans to achieve their full potential this is an absolute.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Anti-Hindu hate flies under the radar in the UK
https://sundayguardianlive.com/news/ant ... -in-the-uk
On 17September last year, whilst the United Kingdom grieved the Queen, hundreds of men descended on Leicester from across the UK to fightHinduswho were marching for their right to live in postcode area LE5. These men claimed the chants of “Jai Shri Ram” were evidence of organised Hindutva extremism infiltrating the UK. Evidence quickly built that showed the Hindu march organisers had no such connections and a mere stroll through LE5 would show you the systematic attacks on vehicles and houses that had dared to hang a Hindu symbol.

Whilstprotestors called the Hindus “Hindutva extremists”, “cow piss drinkers” and “violent vegetarians”,multiple news platforms and numerous notable political commentators in the UK took to the pen and parroted the Islamist narrative, turning their attention to politics in the subcontinent rather than the false claims of “Hindutva extremism/RSS terrorism” and subsequent attacks on the Hindu community.

After spending time in Leicester conducting interviews with both Muslim and Hindu residents, compiling social media evidence, video evidence, police reports and statements. I observed a community cohesion breakdown pertaining to loud festivals, antisocial behaviour and a conflict between Muslim youth and Hindu youth stemming from territorial attitudes towards one another.

The Henry Jackson report was the first in-depth collation of evidence and analyses looking at what led to the unrest.We found that media had, overwhelmingly emphasised a false narrative of Hindu extremism that had put the wider UK Hindu community at risk.There was a persistent over-reliance on known extremists for media comment, including Majid Freeman,noted in the report as having offered prayers to the Taliban.

Our report stands alone in UK based research reports that sought to understand that communal conflict last summer. Whilst our commentary in the British press stood apart in its discussion of the anti-Hindu hate on display. In the aftermath questions tuned to: what is anti-Hindu hate, how is it manifesting in the UK and why is no-one talking about it?

This April,our report into anti-Hindu hate in the UK finds that 51% of Hindu parents surveyed reported that their child had experienced anti-Hindu hate in schools, while less than 1% of schools reported any anti-Hindu related incidents in the last 5 years. 8 physical assaults were detailed. One female Hindu pupil had beef thrown on her, a male student was reported to have to change East London schools three times on account of anti-Hindu bullying and concerns have been raised around a problematic approach to teaching Hinduism,potentially leading to bullying in the classroom.

We found anti-Hindu hateto be multifaceted and driven by a number of ideologies. Pupils described xenophobic remarks on their skin colour, Christian classmates telling them they can’t enter a church and numerous accounts of Muslim classmates telling them the bullying will stop when they convert. The negative experiences of Hindu pupils in the UK are compounded by an often-biased approach to teaching Hinduism and probable ignorance on the part of teachers as to what anti-Hindu hate looks like. An Abrahamic bias is seen to inform teaching in some schools and has been seen to directly feed into the prejudice Hindus are facing. This is fermented by communal conflicts originating in the sub-continent affecting how some Muslim pupils are treating Hindu peers in the classroom. Much of which passes under the radar.

In Leicester it comes down to political sensitivities and votes. Media platforms have “Islamophobia” fatigue, concerned that any mention of Islamist extremism may have them branded racist.Then there is the fact that Hindus simply do not make up a large enough proportion of the votes, therefore when self-proclaimed Muslim spokespersons say that the “Muslim community” wants firmer action taken against “Hindutva”, the politicians appease.

The press coverage over the civil unrest in Leicester was a tragic missed opportunity. The parroting of the accusation of Hindutva extremism without a shred of evidence has gravely impacted on the lives of Hindus; temples across the countryfaced protest and threats of protest. The Hindu community have been left feeling unprotected, watching those that were key in spreading misinformation against them, endorsed by those in political power.

Now with Rishi Sunak as Britain’s first Hindu Prime Minister,the spotlight will inevitably turn to Hinduism in the UK, but will we see a continued hunt for Hindu extremism or a much needed address of anti-Hindu hate?

Will the first report into anti-Hindu hate in the UK see the press take the opportunity to right Leicester’s wrongs? We will wait and watch to see whether now, with such damning figures to hand,concerns over anti-Hindu hate in the UK will be taken seriously.

* Charlotte Littlewood is a research fellow at the Henry Jackson Society. She is a PhD candidate in Arab and Islamic studies with the University of Exeter. Her research focuses on minority within Muslim minority conflict in the UK. A former Counter-Extremism Coordinator for an East London Borough, Charlotte then founded her own community interest company with the aim of countering extremism and promoting equality, focusing on women’s rights and tackling domestic violence and working towards greater tolerance and cohesion between communities in the UK.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

The UK and India will today (26 April) sign a landmark agreement to collaborate on science and innovation, following a meeting between UK Science Minister George Freeman and Indian Minister of State for Science and Technology Dr Jitendra Singh

"MoU on research between the two countries will be signed in UK Parliament, enabling quicker, deeper collaboration on science between the two science powerhouses that will drive economic growth, create skilled jobs and improve lives in the UK, India, and worldwide"
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Amber G. wrote:The UK and India will today (26 April) sign a landmark agreement to collaborate on science and innovation, following a meeting between UK Science Minister George Freeman and Indian Minister of State for Science and Technology Dr Jitendra Singh

"MoU on research between the two countries will be signed in UK Parliament, enabling quicker, deeper collaboration on science between the two science powerhouses that will drive economic growth, create skilled jobs and improve lives in the UK, India, and worldwide"
This just means more talent can leave and enjoy better life in uk
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

RoyG wrote:
Amber G. wrote:The UK and India will today (26 April) sign a landmark agreement to collaborate on science and innovation, following a meeting between UK Science Minister George Freeman and Indian Minister of State for Science and Technology Dr Jitendra Singh

Sir is that a good or a bad thing for India?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Telegraph UK
India is using the Koh-i-Noor controversy as a “political gimmick” and has no real interest in laying claim to the diamond, it has been claimed.
Dr Jaswinder Singh Sukherchakia, 63, a descendant of the Indian emperor who presented the Koh-i-Noor to the Royal family in 1849, said his family had demanded its return.

“It is an issue between royal families - Britain and Sikh,” he told the Telegraph. “India should stop playing politics over it. India is not interested in its return, they don’t want to spoil relations with the UK.”

Dr Sukherchakia hailed the Queen’s decision not to wear the Koh-i-Noor at the Coronation, saying that she had rightly predicted it would court controversy.

“Time will come when the Koh-i-Noor will be returned to us,” he said. “Queen Camilla can wear another diamond-studded crown but not the one with Koh-i-Noor. We would strongly condemn her if she wore the Koh-i-Noor.”

Sandeep Singh Sukherchakia, 54, a lawyer, and eighth-generation descendant of the young Maharajah Duleep Singh, who was forced to cede the diamond to the British, said no government had any claim to the diamond.

“It is a political gimmick and the Indian government is befooling people of India over it,” he added.

“There should not be any politics over it. This was taken from my family by Governor General Dalhousie (Governor-General of India from 1848 to 1856) and given into the custody of the Queen. Now the British King and Queen are just the custodians of our treasure.”
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment ... f564&ei=24
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

ks_sachin wrote:
RoyG wrote:
Sir is that a good or a bad thing for India?
Overall it's not a good thing. The problem lies with India's uncompetitiveness in applied research and skilled jobs. The remittance economy is not sustainable and we will be forced to sit down and make some big changes to civil services, regulation, and investment in education.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

SEX OFFENDERS AND INCIDENTS CONNECTED TO THE BBC

https://scepticpeg.wordpress.com/2017/0 ... o-the-bbc/
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Haresh wrote:SEX OFFENDERS AND INCIDENTS CONNECTED TO THE BBC
https://scepticpeg.wordpress.com/2017/0 ... o-the-bbc/
When I was living in Manchester area in England, around 1980s, I was fond of a program called "Jim'll fix it". Small children, often very sick, would write to Sir James Savile asking for one wish to be fulfilled. Much later, I found out that the same Jim was a pedophile and took advantage of small children that contacted him in this way. Jim was so famous and powerful that he was investigated only when he was dead. Media including the BBC suppressed/ hid his criminal activities. See Wikipedia for more.
Gautam