Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Re: Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017

Post by vijayk »

UK judges have gone senile
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

The British left have really got it in for India.
I don't mind them having a view on anything, what I despise is that they do not allow a right of reply.

‘Scared for my life’: why more Indians are joining migrants on risky journey to reach the US
Many US immigration lawyers say the rise in undocumented Indian migration is linked to the rise of the Hindu nationalist ruling party – and the sectarian violence it has inspired.

The farticle is so full of holes.
Look at the other farticles at the bottom of the page as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... -us-border
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Brexit will oust 73 British Members from European Parliament with that the last hope of Imran Khan to bring Anti India Resolution in EU
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Rishi Sunak new UK Fin.Min! Jaded Javid gets the boot.RS is Narayana Murthy's SIL. New Indo- UK eco. relationship in the offing post- Brexit?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

A chicken shop worker convicted of planning terror attacks in #London drafted a “to-do list” of what he would do when he reaches the heaven, including: choosing a palace, meet all wives and visit Jannah market. See the full list here:
"Meet Allah" is 7th on priority

Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

After decorating the palace ?
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Gerard wrote:After decorating the palace ?
The MAIN palace. Rest of remodeling will come later. What if he has to rehab Allah when he finally goes to see him and finds out he is keeping the universe in a shopping cart and drinking a shiraz from brownpaper wrapped bottle?

Dont want to remodel the guest palace only to find ATM likes chenille instead of corduroy and chintz curtains instead of jute flaps.

(This gent is a dream come true for comedy script writers)
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

a palace is the least standard of dwelling that he is expecting after all his earthly exertions.

obviously the palace will include some sort of shelter for his goats which he will need out of sheer force of habit for his heavenly exertions

how are such genetic garbage like this cretin brainwashed if there is no evidence of a brain
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

UK court rules Islamic faith marriages invalid under English law, prompting fears Muslim women’s rights now at risk
Islamic faith marriages are not valid under English law, the country’s Court of Appeal has ruled, in a move that could see many Muslim women denied rights when it comes to divorce.
The judgment delivered at the Royal Courts of Justice in London on Friday overturned an earlier High Court ruling that Islamic marriage – known as a ‘nikah’ – adhered to the core tenets of English matrimonial law. These are now legally “non-marriages,” the appeal court’s decision confirmed.
A survey carried out in 2017 for Channel 4 documentary ‘The Truth About Muslim Marriage’, found that almost all married Muslim women in the UK had an Islamic marriage - with nearly two-thirds not having a separate civil ceremony.
Responding to the court decision, Pragna Patel of Southall Black Sisters, a women's rights organization which has campaigned on the issue of Islamic marriages, suggested the judgment could force Muslim women “to turn to Sharia ‘courts’ that already cause significant harm to women and children for remedies because they are now locked out of the civil justice system.”
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

Rishi Sunak is Britain’s new chancellor of the exchequer

Son in law of the Infosys co-founder Narayana Murthy
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Gerard wrote:Rishi Sunak is Britain’s new chancellor of the exchequer

Son in law of the Infosys co-founder Narayana Murthy
they already have Priti Sushil Patel a British (ugandan Indian) politician who has served as Secretary of State for the Home Department since 2019 and is an acknowledged Modi fan

are these guys frontloading with Indians, getting rid of the pakis and trying to scam India into deals after brexit :mrgreen:
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

Other Indian origin ministers include Alok Sharma, Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy; and Suella Braverman, Attorney General.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

chetak wrote:
a palace is the least standard of dwelling that he is expecting after all his earthly exertions.
obviously the palace will include some sort of shelter for his goats which he will need out of sheer force of habit for his heavenly exertions
how are such genetic garbage like this cretin brainwashed if there is no evidence of a brain
Goats after he does his duty with 72 virgins? Subhanallah, Subhanallah. You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
Gautam
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

vijayk wrote:UK judges have gone senile
Not just the judges, the police is also.

They have policies for so called hate speech and causing annoyance to individuals. Such as saying Trans women are not women on twitter.

But the police will not stop grooming of young white girls. Or knifing of young men by other young men.

Speaks of the kind of priority the state has at the moment.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

:rotfl:

Chancellor - Rishi Sunak
Home Secretary - Priti Patel
Business Secretary - Alok Sharma
Attorney General - Suella Braverman
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

This is why Britain remains relevant to global culture-imagine Norway or France or Germany appointing its minorities (Muslims in this case) to such positions.

Well done Bartania.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

Rony wrote::rotfl:

Chancellor - Rishi Sunak
Home Secretary - Priti Patel
Business Secretary - Alok Sharma
Attorney General - Suella Braverman
I had to go back and see the Da Vinci & Christian ones again!
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

sanjaykumar wrote:This is why Britain remains relevant to global culture-imagine Norway or France or Germany appointing its minorities (Muslims in this case) to such positions.

Well done Bartania.
Indeed.

the last one was paki heavy, this one is very conveniently India heavy.

one wonders why and is it perhaps because the nation of shopkeepers desperately needs to sell her petty wares, beads and shiny trinkets to the SDRE loincloth clad natives.

why are people so joyful especially given the britshits' viciously selfish, totally bloody and utterly rapacious history during their sojourn in India where they ostensibly came for "trade" or "civilize the natives" depending on which point of view one subscribes to.

the largest and deepest caste and religious divides in India were wantonly and wilfully engineered by this very devious bunch of "clive class" daylight robbers, the very same "Britain remains relevant to global culture" entity being celebrated for its democracy and tolerance when it did not show an iota of either quality when it so brutally reigned over India for a few centuries and in fleeing thereafter, seems to have left her scorpion tail behind to poison the natives and continue to drive dissension in India's body politic.

why does no one talk about Lady Arbuthnot of Edrom, yes, the very arrogant biatch, the same one who shows boundless contempt for SDRE Indians, India and its social and judicial systems and seems to be quite vocal with her demeaning and racist opinions.

If one does not see Lady Arbuthnot as racist then it is because of this "Britain remains relevant to global culture" theory that is being bandied about.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

sanjaykumar wrote:This is why Britain remains relevant to global culture-imagine Norway or France or Germany appointing its minorities (Muslims in this case) to such positions.

Well done Bartania.

the scorpion's tail that the britshits left behind is thriving. :mrgreen:

twitter
Very strange. I didn't hear one mention of #ValentinesDay here in the UK, from anyone. Yet I received floods of messages from my Indian family - family that dont wish me on Karwa Chauth

Indians are blessed with the world's greatest civilisation, culture, traditions. Be proud !
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

It takes a giant of character to acknowledge the good in the erstwhile slaver. :mrgreen:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

sanjaykumar wrote:It takes a giant of character to acknowledge the good in the erstwhile slaver. :mrgreen:
or a run of the mill dhimmi will also do.

It's revealing how the very same gandhi is seen so very different in India and in africa
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

More ‘Asian’ Grooming Gang Abusers Sentenced in Oxford, England

Home Office Bureaucrats Accused of Burying Report on Ethnicity of Grooming Gang Rapists
The report was commissioned by Sajid Javid — then Home Secretary, now Chancellor of the Exchequer — in 2018, with the Pakistani-heritage Muslim MP saying it made him “feel angry” that such a disproportionate number of grooming gang rapists came from his community, and that they had “disgraced our heritage”.
“I have no idea why, but it has consistently felt like Home Office officials deliberately avoid ministers clear instructions for research when it comes to grooming gangs,” commented Sarah Champion, a Labour MP who has pressed the issue of grooming gangs for some time, and was sacked from Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn’s shadow government for daring to say that “Britain has a problem with British Pakistani men raping and exploiting white girls.”
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

chetak wrote:why does no one talk about Lady Arbuthnot of Edrom, yes, the very arrogant biatch, the same one who shows boundless contempt for SDRE Indians, India and its social and judicial systems and seems to be quite vocal with her demeaning and racist opinions.

If one does not see Lady Arbuthnot as racist then it is because of this "Britain remains relevant to global culture" theory that is being bandied about.
Hon Lady Arbuthnot should be introduced to her ancestor, a banker in Madras, who had a penchant for taking on excessive risks with depositors money. Needless to say, this didn't end well https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbuthnot_Bank_crash.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

chetak, if they had any designs for India, why would their establishment let a wholesale paki takeover of Labour happen, as in until last year? They know it is a red flag for India. This guy has all the right academic qualifications but he will still be treated like an Indian by Indian establishment: taken for granted and not given due attention. Unlike say, a white british blue blood crapper, who will be hoisted on shoulders by our mandarins. So wont it be better for appointing a domineering white guy, if the purpose is as you explained?

Let us give this chap his due - Boris Johnson picked what he thinks is the best man to lead Britain out of the Brexit fracas. And an Indian-background carries "diversity double-whammy" of color as well as least baggage or negative messaging to his own voters, what with increasing number of Indian CEOs for Fortune 500 firms to justify the selection.

Nothing more nothing less. This is a remarkable achievement of an Indian immigrant in a white-man's world. British Chancellor of Exchequer is a big deal for the brits, because their country survives on financial dalal-giri and is their most important post below PM. The other such post is American Defense Secretary.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

‘I am a British citizen but a proud Hindu,’ meet Britain’s new finance minister Rishi Sunak
Sunak during his oath as an MP – didn’t shy away from embracing his heritage as he took an oath by placing his hands on the Bhagavad Gita.

His decision to take oath under the name of Bhagavad Gita had resulted in protests from a section of British citizens and hence when a British newspaper asked him a question about this, Sunak replied with a great amount of pride that “I am now a citizen of Britain. But my religion is Hindu. My religious and cultural heritage is Indian. I proudly say that I am a Hindu and my identity is also a Hindu.”
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Rony wrote:‘I am a British citizen but a proud Hindu,’ meet Britain’s new finance minister Rishi Sunak
Sunak during his oath as an MP – didn’t shy away from embracing his heritage as he took an oath by placing his hands on the Bhagavad Gita.

His decision to take oath under the name of Bhagavad Gita had resulted in protests from a section of British citizens and hence when a British newspaper asked him a question about this, Sunak replied with a great amount of pride that “I am now a citizen of Britain. But my religion is Hindu. My religious and cultural heritage is Indian. I proudly say that I am a Hindu and my identity is also a Hindu.”
it looks like he has been tutored by his failed politician father in law, one of the many in India who thought that their expensively lipsticked public persona, nurtured over the years by presstitutes and sold out journos, and their moneyed background would grant them automatic and unstoppable entry into the hallowed halls of the Indian parliament.

FIL is a self confessed commie and the SIL conveniently announces himself as a "proud Hindu" for the ever gullible Indian audiences.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

chetak wrote: FIL is a self confessed commie and the SIL conveniently announces himself as a "proud Hindu" for the ever gullible Indian audiences.
There are many Hindu RW's who come from commie families whose family members or relatives are commies.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Sure Mac, perhaps the next politician in the Oooesss can start his stunt with the declaration “ I’m a proud Hindoo”.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Rony wrote:‘I am a British citizen but a proud Hindu,’ meet Britain’s new finance minister Rishi Sunak

"protests from a section of British citizens"

I think that this article is partly fake. Has anyone seen another news article that actually says this?
Ashokk
BRFite

Post by Ashokk »

British MP Debbie Abrahams who leads Kashmir group denied entry into India
NEW DELHI: Indian officials denied a British lawmaker entry on Monday after she landed at New Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport, according to an accompanying aide.
Debbie Abrahams, a Labour Party Member of Parliament who chairs a parliamentary group focused on Kashmir, was unable to clear customs after her valid Indian visa was rejected, the aide, Harpreet Upal, told The Associated Press.
Abrahams and Upal arrived at the airport on an Emirates flight from Dubai at 9am. Upal said the immigration officials did not cite any reason for denying Abrahams entry and revoking her visa, a copy of which, valid until October 2020, was shared with the AP. A spokesman for the foreign ministry did not immediately comment.
Abrahams has been a member of Parliament since 2011 and was on a two-day personal trip to India, she said in a statement.
"I tried to establish why the visa had been revoked and if I could get a 'visa on arrival' but no one seemed to know," she said in the statement. "Even the person who seemed to be in charge said he didn't know and was really sorry about what had happened. So now I am just waiting to be deported ... unless the Indian Government has a change of heart. I'm prepared to let the fact that I've been treated like a criminal go, and I hope they will let me visit my family and friends."
Abrahams has been an outspoken critic of the Indian government's move last August to scrap Article 370 in Kashmir.
Shortly after the changes to Kashmir's status were passed by Parliament, Abrahams wrote a letter to India's High Commissioner to the UK, saying the action "betrays the trust of the people" of Kashmir.
India took more than 20 foreign diplomats on a visit to Kashmir last week, the second such trip organized by Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government in six months.
Access to the region remains tight, with no foreign journalists allowed.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Ashokk wrote:British MP Debbie Abrahams who leads Kashmir group denied entry into India
NEW DELHI: Indian officials denied a British lawmaker entry on Monday after she landed at New Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport, according to an accompanying aide.
Debbie Abrahams, a Labour Party Member of Parliament who chairs a parliamentary group focused on Kashmir, was unable to clear customs after her valid Indian visa was rejected, the aide, Harpreet Upal, told The Associated Press.
Abrahams and Upal arrived at the airport on an Emirates flight from Dubai at 9am. Upal said the immigration officials did not cite any reason for denying Abrahams entry and revoking her visa, a copy of which, valid until October 2020, was shared with the AP. A spokesman for the foreign ministry did not immediately comment.
Abrahams has been a member of Parliament since 2011 and was on a two-day personal trip to India, she said in a statement.
"I tried to establish why the visa had been revoked and if I could get a 'visa on arrival' but no one seemed to know," she said in the statement. "Even the person who seemed to be in charge said he didn't know and was really sorry about what had happened. So now I am just waiting to be deported ... unless the Indian Government has a change of heart. I'm prepared to let the fact that I've been treated like a criminal go, and I hope they will let me visit my family and friends."
Abrahams has been an outspoken critic of the Indian government's move last August to scrap Article 370 in Kashmir.
Shortly after the changes to Kashmir's status were passed by Parliament, Abrahams wrote a letter to India's High Commissioner to the UK, saying the action "betrays the trust of the people" of Kashmir.
India took more than 20 foreign diplomats on a visit to Kashmir last week, the second such trip organized by Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government in six months.
Access to the region remains tight, with no foreign journalists allowed.

where ? in kashmir ? :lol:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

very arrogantly, she arrived at dilli with an expired visa.

white skinned colonial era entitlement still going strong I see :mrgreen:

she fully expected the SDREs to kow tow and let her in
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

and here is exactly why she did what she did

@Debbie_abrahams is Labour MP for Oldham East & Saddleworth, which has a #Muslim population of 17.7% & only 0.5% #Hindus !!

@ShashiTharoor
we know what gallery & vote bank she is playing to & what is her agenda in wrongly condemning #Article370 abrogation in #Kashmir !!

its high time that this shampoo boy, orgasmic MP and congi poodle finds his rightful home in tihar for the grave charges filed against him.

he has taken to lying openly and misrepresenting facts like white waisty

Why did she come to #India in the first place when her visa was rejected? What was her biased/sponsored agenda to try & show #India in the wrong light? Why must such anti-India people be accepted in India?? Better that she was kept out !!

The colonial days are long over. You have to follow the procedure if you want to visit the country. Can you enter Britain without a valid Visa? This coming from a person who is supposed to be in the know.

Shashi Tharoor @ShashiTharoor · 3h

British MP Who Criticised Govt on J&K Stopped At Airport: conduct really unworthy of a democracy &guaranteed to give us a far worse press than if she had been admitted. Govt claims situation is normal in Kashmir. Why is the govt then so scared of critics?
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

chetak wrote:and here is exactly why she did what she did

@Debbie_abrahams is Labour MP for Oldham East & Saddleworth, which has a #Muslim population of 17.7% & only 0.5% #Hindus !!

@ShashiTharoor
we know what gallery & vote bank she is playing to & what is her agenda in wrongly condemning #Article370 abrogation in #Kashmir !!

its high time that this shampoo boy, orgasmic MP and congi poodle finds his rightful home in tihar for the grave charges filed against him.

Why did she come to #India in the first place when her visa was rejected? What was her biased/sponsored agenda to try & show #India in the wrong light? Why must such anti-India people be accepted in India?? Better that she was kept out !!

The colonial days are long over. You have to follow the procedure if you want to visit the country. Can you enter Britain without a valid Visa? This coming from a person who is supposed to be in the know.

Shashi Tharoor @ShashiTharoor · 3h

British MP Who Criticised Govt on J&K Stopped At Airport: conduct really unworthy of a democracy &guaranteed to give us a far worse press than if she had been admitted. Govt claims situation is normal in Kashmir. Why is the govt then so scared of critics?
more akin to an "unwelcome guest" , the time where all sundry could come and go as they pleased is over Mr shampoo tharoor
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

kit wrote:
chetak wrote:and here is exactly why she did what she did

more akin to an "unwelcome guest" , the time where all sundry could come and go as they pleased is over Mr shampoo tharoor

Was the UK denying visa to Modi when he was a CM kosher.

Was it worthy of those other countries too

obsequious shampoo boy should shut his darbari pie hole.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

@Debbie_abrahams basically said hum kagaz nahi dikhayenge and tried to ghuspait into India :mrgreen:

what did she expect

a fawning welcome merely because she is white skinned and feels entitled to ride rough shod over the SDREs
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

chetak wrote:

How does this work? When I fly from US to India (I am a mere SDRE :(( ), they check my visa/OCI right at the US city of departure. If it is expired, they won't let me board.

It seems like she claimed some e-visa and boarded but the e-visa was declined when she got to Dilli. If this is so the procedure must be fixed.
Last edited by KJo on 17 Feb 2020 21:01, edited 1 time in total.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

^^british mangos are used to travel to a lot of countries without visa...my boss was surprised when i mentioned i need a visa even for US business meeting...they didnt need visa to travel to EU, US and many commonwealth countries..so not sure...
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

chetak wrote:
kit wrote:

where ? in kashmir ? :lol:

She claimed that her visa was valid till Oct 2020 and I haven't seen that statement being denied or countered anywhere. What probably happened was that she was denied entry due to her nefarious activities.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

KJo wrote:
chetak wrote:

How does this work? When I fly from US to India (I am a mere SDRE :(( ), they check my visa/OCI right at the US city of departure. If it is expired, they won't let me board.

It seems like she claimed some e-visa and boarded but the e-visa was declined when she got to Dilli. If this is so the procedure must be fixed.
she was sent an email to say that her visa was canceled even before she boarded the flight for India. She deviously claims that she never got the mail. this is as paki as the constituency that she represents back in the UK

she wanted a visa after arrival which was declined and the authorities were well within their rights to do so.

Why do we forget that even with a VALID entry visa, the guys at any airport in the world can legally block your entry to their country and have no need to give anyone reasons for the denied entry.