Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Re: Indo-UK News & Discussions- June 2017

Post by Kashi »

ashish raval wrote: On the side note, being proud about nation is one thing being arrogant is altogether a different matter. I believe in former.
At the same time you run down Germany while singing paeans to England (not the UK!!). I wonder if you realised the irony!
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

ashish raval wrote:
Karthik S wrote:Ah the loyal subject belonging to beastly tribe and beastly religion at it again, singing praises of the master. Along with jaychand types, looks like desis have plently shamelessness in our genes as well.
Keeping eyes and ears open does not equate to shamelessness. Keeping eyes shut like cats while drinking milk and pretending no one is looking does equate to stupidity. On the side note, being proud about nation is one thing being arrogant is altogether a different matter. I believe in former.
Ashish sir, I was reminded of our conversation some time back on same issue. You don't need to provide business theories to cover up your overt as well as subconscious servitude and loyalty to the crown. It's there for everyone to see. That's fine, you can have your opinions and priorities, but you are asking others to look at UQ through the same prism.
ashish raval
BRFite

Post by ashish raval »

Kashi wrote:
ashish raval wrote: On the side note, being proud about nation is one thing being arrogant is altogether a different matter. I believe in former.
At the same time you run down Germany while singing paeans to England (not the UK!!). I wonder if you realised the irony!
You did not get the context did you? I was talking about being proud about India and not being arrogant. I was simply saying do not discount fifth largest economy as no ones and keep open mind on dealing with them. I have no special interest here
ashish raval
BRFite

Post by ashish raval »

Karthik S wrote:
ashish raval wrote: Keeping eyes and ears open does not equate to shamelessness. Keeping eyes shut like cats while drinking milk and pretending no one is looking does equate to stupidity. On the side note, being proud about nation is one thing being arrogant is altogether a different matter. I believe in former.
Ashish sir, I was reminded of our conversation some time back on same issue. You don't need to provide business theories to cover up your overt as well as subconscious servitude and loyalty to the crown. It's there for everyone to see. That's fine, you can have your opinions and priorities, but you are asking others to look at UQ through the same prism.
You would rather do better if you lecture this to tens of thousands desis working in UK MNC's working in India and here too. Tell them they are slaves and they should be working for Indian start ups started by an Indian. Reality is this is interconnected world whether we like it or not we have to coexist and we can use expertise from whoever has it without letting our personal hate for particular nation coming on the way. That's all I am trying to emphasize.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

ashish raval wrote:
Karthik S wrote:
You would rather do better if you lecture this to tens of thousands desis working in UK MNC's working in India and here too. Tell them they are slaves and they should be working for Indian start ups started by an Indian. Reality is this is interconnected world whether we like it or not we have to coexist and we can use expertise from whoever has it without letting our personal hate for particular nation coming on the way. That's all I am trying to emphasize.
I know many such desis, but none of them behave like they are representative of UK. None of them shower praise the way you do. None have forgotten what brit colonialism cost us so far until 2017. As I said, don't hide behind the mask of trade as its very obvious you are not talking just from objective trade PoV.
You've been a loyal UK salesman all along. Not once you advocated trade keeping Indian interests in mind, your broken record can be paraphrased on two lines: London has been greatest city for 1000 years, UK is great many aspects, therefore India needs to trade, that too on britshit terms.
If you are discussing trade on an Indian forum, being PIO, one'd assume that you'll first think what India can gain from trade with UK, this part is very hard to pick from your statements, no matter how much you are trying to pretend otherwise.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Britain is truly becoming a basket case with many in servitude. Our PM was wrong in admonishing doctors to score brownie points when he spoke on sidelines of CHoGM.
For too long, fundamental moral issues that should have been subject to detailed and prolonged public debate have been decided by bluestocking Oxbridge baronesses sitting on consensual quangos. Yet the British condemn Americans for conducting culture wars which signal moral sensitivities are not dead across the Atlantic.

The Alfie Evans case chillingly demonstrates how far parental rights have been eroded and the remorseless advance of the intruder state. The establishment was bruised by its defeat in the Brexit referendum and will now go to any lengths to assert its power. That, as the Wall Street Journal commentator correctly recognized, is what this lamentable case is all about.
https://reaction.life/medical-legal-est ... fie-evans/

The NHS is on death bed. The above case is evidence that Britain's NHS has nothing to contribute to Indian healthcare market.

About 90 years back Von Mises put it succinctly - Without the haggling of market competition, there would be no agreed-on terms of exchange. Without agreed-on terms of exchange, there are no market prices. And without market prices, how will the central planners know the opportunity costs and therefore the most highly-valued uses for which those resources could or should be applied? With the abolition of private property, and therefore market exchange and prices, the central planners would lack the necessary institutional and informational tools to determine what to produce and how in order to minimize waste and inefficiency.

Taking away parental authority is perhaps the pinnacle of abolition of private property rights. Brexit will certainly bring about the despots lurking within the British establishment.

---

In slightly unrelated news, a local mosque is under investigation for accepting terrorist funds. ( surprising..lol) we have been railing for funds to build a Hindu temple but those pleas falling of deaf Islam pasand ears of the bureaucrats of the Blighty, might just work. May the Gods bring this effort to fruition.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Personally the article is COMPLETE BS. The child is dying, repeat dying with absolutely NO hope and the parents are completely aware of this and feel that they have the right to go to court and make demands that the courts order the doctors to act in a particular fashion. When they fail " parental rights have been eroded"! Oh really an unqualified parent has the right to order the doctors as to how a treatment protocol should run! Idiots! If the parents knew so much about medicine and were that smart and clever maybe they should have treated their son at home and save the taxpayers a fortune both in hospital costs and court fees.

On a sidebar, the Pope has shown an interest. Really 5 million dead in the Great Lakes and the Pope did not know? 5 Million black people dead and he did not know but he has time to take a personal interest in a white child in the UK. Is Reaction Life the site from which this article is take any better? (just one more time over 5,000,000)

With regards to the NHS, this incident happened 15 days ago. In a business 2 doors away, one of the staff slipped of the third last step and as she fell hit her head on a table top. I saw in the space of less than 40 mins, 2 separate ambulances attend, 2 separate paramedics (virtually qualified doctors that provide better medical assessment capabilities to ambulance staff) attend and to ensure that staff was available if needed 2 police cars attend to assist a helicopter to land in assisting with her evacuation, Total number of attendants were 13 in less than 40 mins. Yes, yes this service very truly on its death bed!
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Here is an economic comparison:
https://countryeconomy.com/countries/compare/germany/uk
Gautam
ashish raval
BRFite

Post by ashish raval »

Karthik S wrote:
ashish raval wrote: You would rather do better if you lecture this to tens of thousands desis working in UK MNC's working in India and here too. Tell them they are slaves and they should be working for Indian start ups started by an Indian. Reality is this is interconnected world whether we like it or not we have to coexist and we can use expertise from whoever has it without letting our personal hate for particular nation coming on the way. That's all I am trying to emphasize.
I know many such desis, but none of them behave like they are representative of UK. None of them shower praise the way you do. None have forgotten what brit colonialism cost us so far until 2017. As I said, don't hide behind the mask of trade as its very obvious you are not talking just from objective trade PoV.
You've been a loyal UK salesman all along. Not once you advocated trade keeping Indian interests in mind, your broken record can be paraphrased on two lines: London has been greatest city for 1000 years, UK is great many aspects, therefore India needs to trade, that too on britshit terms.
If you are discussing trade on an Indian forum, being PIO, one'd assume that you'll first think what India can gain from trade with UK, this part is very hard to pick from your statements, no matter how much you are trying to pretend otherwise.
I choose not to respond to petty talk and personal jibes. I don't expect anything better from closed minds.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Uk immi secretary resigns over clever scheme to burn records and deport migrants living for decades

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/29/euro ... index.html

And who can claim such tactics will not be used on yindu also
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

^ HS resigned not due to "clever scheme to burn records and deport migrants living for decades " but due to misleading parliament on establishing quotas on deportations. Clever scheme to destroy records was established by the Labour party, the party that most Indians vote for! Such tactics cannot be used against Indians for we all arrived with passports.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Lisa wrote:Personally the article is COMPLETE BS. The child is dying, repeat dying with absolutely NO hope and the parents are completely aware of this and feel that they have the right to go to court and make demands that the courts order the doctors to act in a particular fashion. When they fail " parental rights have been eroded"! Oh really an unqualified parent has the right to order the doctors as to how a treatment protocol should run! Idiots! If the parents knew so much about medicine and were that smart and clever maybe they should have treated their son at home and save the taxpayers a fortune both in hospital costs and court fees.
Lisa ji
I do work in front line NHS as a primary care provider. My opinion which is probably shared across the spectrum is- NHS is failing. Unlike in 2012 Olympic opening ceremony where NHS was shown - Awesome- it's not.

Anecdotal personal experiences aside, NHS needs to shrink.

One thing I have learnt, patients tend to know what may be wrong with them. They can't put an exact diagnosis. Until the age of consent, Bolam principle is applied. Where Bolam principle is uncertain, the decisions go into grey area.

As a parent, I would like to make the ultimate decision. I would not want someone to make a decision for me unless it's in an emergency situation. And where someone else has a chance to offer an alternative treatment modality I will most certainly take that opportunity up. There are enough instances of many acquaintances recovering from life threatening conditions where the lead doctor has said nothing more is possible and patients themselves have done google search to find alternatives. You can't make this up.

There are quite a lot of CT theorists like David Ike who say once you register your child's name after birth, you are officially handling over the parental authority to the state. :roll:
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Amber Rudd is likely to be replaced by er.... Sajid Javid! This son of a Pakistani bus driver joined the Torties,and had a stint in the US as a banker with
Chase Manhattan and then Deutsche Bank,leaving it to become a politico. A gesture to the immigrants and minorities may be a clever populist move by Mother Theresa-the Pretender,to prop up her shaky throne,but could see Javid potentially open the floodgates to EU nationals in the latest idea thrown up by the May govt. on the vexing question of Brexit.That is not going to be popular with the Brexit hardliners and the bulk of white Britons who have with anguish and anger seen their little island being overrun by barbarian hordes.The last time that happened was when one Julius called Caesar bought over to Britain large numbers of tribes belonging to various parts of the empire especially northern Europe.
ashish raval
BRFite

Post by ashish raval »

Singha wrote:Uk immi secretary resigns over clever scheme to burn records and deport migrants living for decades

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/29/euro ... index.html

And who can claim such tactics will not be used on yindu also
Could be. If I am given a compensation to tune of a million £, I will happily retire to desh or Bali!!

Of course they will be taken to court by those who got their life tormented for compensation and apology by none other than prime minister.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Compensation? Free stateroom tickets back to the Caribbean on a banana boat cruise ship,and compensation in the currency that was prevalent when they arrived in Britain,only in coins.Old shillings and pennies.As many as they want!
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Sajid Javid is new home secretary. He is a pro EU man. He is seen as 'friendly' man in Westminster. Was born in Leicester. 2nd gen British Pakistani.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

the appointment of sajid javed is more to do with may needing an ally in the cabinet in a senior role than any pandering to minorities
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

What is Windrush scandal which lead to removal of Home secretary
the eruption of the Windrush scandal, as it has become known, has sparked a fierce national debate over immigration and the status of those who arrived from the Caribbean before 1973.

The government has now issued an apology over its treatment of the 'Windrush generation' , who are being ordered to prove they have the right to stay in Britain - even though they have been here over 50 years.

Like EU citizens who live in Britain now, Windrush migrants have permission to stay under UK rules.

But they have been told that they have to prove they are eligible to stay - despite it emerging that landing cards recording their arrival dates were destroyed in 2010, months after Theresa May became Home Secretary.

But who exactly are the Windrush generation, where did they get there name and why is the current Windrush scandal so significant for modern Britain?

The Empire Windrush was originally a German passenger liner launched in the 19230s and named MV Monte Rosa.

She was used by Germany as a troop ship during the Second World War and The British took possession of her in as a prize of war after the conflict ended, renaming her the Empire Windrush in 1947.

The Windrush arrives in Tilbury dock on June 21, 1948. Do you know any of the people in this picture? If so get in touch at webnews@trinitymirror.com (Image: SSPL)
The reason that the name of the Windrush became synonymous with the wave of migration that began in the late 40s and early 50s is down to the fact that the ship happened to be picking up servicemen on leave in Jamaica in 1948, just after the British Nationality Act 1948 had been passed.

This gave citizenship of the United Kingdom and Colonies statues to everyone who was a British subject who was connected with the UK or a British colony.

The ship was going to be sailing fairly empty from Jamaica’s capital Kingston, so an advert was put out asking for anyone who wanted to take advantage of cheap passage to come and work in England.

The invite was put out as England faced huge labour shortages in the wake of the war and was desperate for help to rebuild shattered infrastructure and get public services running again.

492 people took up the offer and headed to the UK. This began a wave of immigration from the Caribbean and, according to the National Archives , between 1948 and 1970 nearly half a million people left their homes in the West Indies to live in Britain.

This generation became known as the 'Windrush generation' after the ship that sparked the influx.

Even before the Windrush arrived at Tilbury dock in June 1948, intense national debate had struck up over whether to welcome the new arrivals.

According to understandingslavery.com Sam England, a former RAF officer who was onboard the ship, said: “As soon as we got to England there was great apprehension on the boat because we knew there was a national debate in Britain as to whether the boat would be allowed to dock.”'

When those first passengers disembarked the Windrush they were housed in the Clapham South deep shelter , a cavernous and dank tunnel dug as a bomb shelter in the war.

Many of them settled in nearby Brixton, as it was the site of the nearest labour exchange - as job centres were then known.

Home Secretary Amber Rudd has faced calls to quit over the treatment of the 'Windrush generation' (Image: Internet Unknown)
Although Caribbeans were encouraged by British Government campaigns to come over to England, and many found work with the NHS , British Rail and public transport, the new migrants were met with a wave of prejudice and sometimes outright hostility.

Back in the Caribbean these men and women had been taught that they were English too, so many were shocked at the negative treatment they received from the white population when they arrived.

Many had trouble finding accommodation and were not able to open a bank account or get a mortgage, and as such West Indians were were forced to establish their own organisations - such as the West Indian Standing Conference - which championed their interests in the community.

After the war there was a housing shortage in the UK and this led to the first clashes between the incomers and the white population. These clashes were often violent and led to riots in the 1950s in London, Birmingham and Nottingham.

The most famous of these were the 1958 Notting Hill riots, when two weeks of violence plagued the area in London. In response to the riots a 'Caribbean carnival' was set up in 1959, which is still going strong as the Notting Hill Carnival .

Theresa May in a meeting with leaders and representatives of Caribbean countries this week as she faces criticism over treatment of the Windrush generation (Image: Getty Images Europe)
Anyone who arrived in the UK from a Commonwealth country before 1973 has a legal right to stay in this country, unless they left the UK for more than two years.

But new immigration rules, that came into force when now-PM Theresa May was Home Secretary, require employers, landlords and the NHS to demand evidence of legal immigration status.

Back in 2012, Mrs May said the measures were designed to create a "hostile environment" for people who were in the UK illegally.

But caught up in the bureaucratic nightmare that may have led to some Caribbean immigrants being deported "in error".

Immigration Minister Caroline Nokes has admitted that some Windrush migrants may have been deported back to the Caribbean, telling Channel 4 News: "Potentially they have been. And I’m very conscious that it’s very much in error and that’s an error I want to put right."

Home Secretary Amber Rudd has finally quit after apologising for the "appalling" treatment of the migrants amid increasing claims she misled Parliament.

Now a leading figure in Brussels has warned that the scandal is threatening a "bureaucratic nightmare" for 3million EU citizens in Britain.

Guy Verhofstadt, the European Parliament's Brexit co-ordinator, has warned that the paperwork chaos could have massive implications for EU citizens and announced he will hold an urgent meeting with Home Office officials next Tuesday.

He told MEPs: "After the Windrush scandal in Britain we want to be sure the same is not happening to our European citizens, and that there is no bureaucratic nightmare.

The government has now confirmed that 49 active cases have been flagged up so far on the first day of a new hotline set up for victims of the scandal, who face being deported, which could be just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to those affected by the scandal.

In one heartbreaking case a man who arrived in Britain in 1958 aged 15 months has told how he was barred from attending his mum's funeral in the UK .

An application Junior Green submitted to prove he had lived in the UK was rejected - and after he travelled to Jamaica to be with his dying mother last year, he says he was not allowed on the return flight to the UK.

His mother's body was repatriated to Britain, but by the time he got back her funeral had already happened.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Philip wrote:Compensation? Free stateroom tickets back to the Caribbean on a banana boat cruise ship,and compensation in the currency that was prevalent when they arrived in Britain,only in coins.Old shillings and pennies.As many as they want!
back in good old days, some of the undesirable poor were deported to australia in prison ships for rather minor crimes.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Well now that Sajid Javid is home minister, hopefully he will never become a prime minister.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

panduranghari wrote:Well now that Sajid Javid is home minister, hopefully he will never become a prime minister.
From whose interest he shouldn't become PM?
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Lisa wrote:^ HS resigned not due to "clever scheme to burn records and deport migrants living for decades " but due to misleading parliament on establishing quotas on deportations. Clever scheme to destroy records was established by the Labour party, the party that most Indians vote for! Such tactics cannot be used against Indians for we all arrived with passports.
No, not Labour. The Tories under Cameron were in charge in 2010 when the Windrush documents were destroyed. The Home Secretary at that time was one Ms Theresa May, who was in charge between 2010 and 2016. Amber Rudd was her successor.
story
May's government recently said the Home Office destroyed landing documents for members of the Windrush generation, meaning some of them and their children faced deportation after decades living in Britain because they don't have the correct paperwork.

May apologized to Caribbean leaders for any "anxiety" caused by the records destruction, which occurred when she was home secretary under the previous administration.

May was Rudd's predecessor, serving as Home Secretary from 2010 to 2016 under then-Prime Minister David Cameron. Policies from that time included sending out vans to tell illegal immigrants to "go home," making regular deportations and resistance to rescue operations that pulled drowning migrants from the Mediterranean.

Blame for the scandal was quickly directed toward May. Tom Watson, the deputy leader of the opposition Labour Party, tweeted: "I see Amber Rudd is carrying the can for the person originally responsible for this scandal -- Theresa May."
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

You are regretfully wrong, watch

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/vid ... sion-video

I pity those who have so much as an iota of time for that anti Indian called Jeremy Corbyn or the political party that votes him in with knowledge of his anti Indian and now also anti Semitic sentiment. When confronted in Parliament did Jeremy Corbyn even for just one moment contest the fact that his party made that decision. NO.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Just an addendum to the post above with regard to Comrade Jeremy,

He has support the following,

Early day motion 479
NARENDRA MODI
Session: 2013-14
Date tabled: 04.09.2013

Sponsors: Galloway, George Corbyn, Jeremy Meale, Alan Godsiff, Roger McDonnell, John
That this House calls on the Secretary of State for the Home Department to reinstitute the ban on Gujarat's Chief Minister, Narendra Modi, from entering the UK, given his role in the communal violence in 2002 that claimed the lives of hundreds if not thousands of Muslims, including British nationals; expresses its concern that the ban was lifted for economic and diplomatic reasons, ignoring the role Mr Modi and his administration played in the violence that warranted the ban that stood for more than 10 years; notes that Mr Modi was previously denied a visa on grounds that he was 'responsible for or directly carried out... particularly severe violations of religious freedom'; and calls on Mr Speaker and the House authorities to ban Mr Modi from entering the Palace of Westminster.

https://www.parliament.uk/edm/2013-14/479

and also

Early day motion 257
HUMANITARIAN SITUATION IN INDIA
Session: 2015-16

That this House notes the enduring hunger strike of Bapu Surat Singh in Panjaab, India, which has now exceeded 170 days; further notes this protest against the Indian state and calls for the release of multiple political prisoners who are held by the Indian state; notes the continuing 20-year incarceration of Devinderpal Singh Bhullar, whose conviction and imprisonment in 1995 has been widely criticised; notes the lack of medical care offered to Dr Gokarakonda Naga Saibaba whilst in detention and the ban on Indian Greenpeace activist Priya Pillai from coming to the UK to address British MPs; notes the ongoing 14-year hunger strike of Irom Sharmila in Manipur protesting against Indian army human rights abuses; notes the Indian government's ban on the BBC's documentary India's Daughter in March 2015 and its attempts to block the broadcasting of the same in the UK; notes the current Amnesty International special report on human rights atrocities in Kashmir entitled India: accountability still missing for human rights violations in Jammu and Kashmir and its annual report on India for 2014-15; believes that given the UK's so-called special relationship with India as declared by the Prime Minister, these concerns should be raised with the Indian government; and urges the Government to investigate the reports and raise concerns with the Indian government.

https://www.parliament.uk/edm/2015-16/257

also,

Early day motion 945
ATTACK ON GOLDEN TEMPLE AT AMRITSAR IN 1984
https://www.parliament.uk/edm/2013-14/945

Early day motion 882
INDIA'S DAUGHTER AND ENDING VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN
https://www.parliament.uk/edm/2014-15/882

and yes, yes he also has an interest in chimney collapses in India!!

Early day motion 779
CHIMNEY COLLAPSE AT VEDANTA RESOURCES BALCO OPERATIONS IN CHHATTISGARH STATE, INDIA
https://www.parliament.uk/edm/2014-15/779

and yet Indians would care to vote for him!
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Lisa wrote:You are regretfully wrong, watch

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/vid ... sion-video

I pity those who have so much as an iota of time for that anti Indian called Jeremy Corbyn or the political party that votes him in with knowledge of his anti Indian and now also anti Semitic sentiment. When confronted in Parliament did Jeremy Corbyn even for just one moment contest the fact that his party made that decision. NO.
How am I ‘wrong’ ? The destruction of the Windrush documents dates back to 2010 . Theresa May herself was the minister in charge under Camoron then . Corbyn’s current position in the Labour Party dates back to 2013, a few years after the incident; Gordon Brown headed Labour in 2010.

Whether or not both Tories and Labour are full of Nandi droppings in their own ways is a different matter . There’s no point in trying to elevate one over the other . They’re both full of it , no different from Dem vs Repub in US . Mays admin is particularly odious , and it’s clear Modi has no interest in dealing with her . I didn’t even realize there was a state visit going on recently - the level of mutual disinterest is telling .
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Either you have understood the Prime Minister or you haven't. She clearly says, and the comment remains uncontested, the destruction of the documents was ordered by the Labour administration. Here is a link of the said minister admitting it,

"On This Week on Thursday night, former Labour home secretary Alan Johnson was at pains to stress that while the Windrush generation’s landing cards were controversially destroyed during his time in office, it had absolutely nothing to do with him.

“It was an administrative decision taken by the UK Border Agency, and so they should,” he said. “It wasn't just Windrush landing cards, it was a mass of paperwork that built up over 50 years.”

https://www.totalpolitics.com/articles/ ... an-johnson

Please listen to him unless he is lying about his own admission. If you want to go further I will happily source Hansard so you can hear Corbyn NOT rebutting that fact.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Indo-UK relations are at a low ebb. I don't think that they will improve very much. The era of Brit. politicos who had pro-India memories of the Raj ,sentimentalists,but nevertheless who felt that India was owed a lot by Britain for centuries of colonialism has virtually died out.In its place come neo-colonialists who want Britain to sail westwards to the US ,leaving Europe far behind! Their dreams of a neo-imperialist Britain is to be fulfilled by allowing itself to be Uncle Sam's butler,valet and chauffeur and jester,whichever role Sam wishes it to be! That's why the royal family has allowed a divorced c-grade Yanqui telly actress of no great distinction (other than some black blood in her DNA!), to wed "Flash Harry",better known for his bacchanalian bouts at Annabel's,and supposedly where he met his bride-to-be!

I fear that Britain will fall between two stools,Europe and the US.Europe will skin it alive in negotiations for its insults and Brexit,and the US will treat it like a "public convenience"! India's "fifth column",or rather "5th legion" of immigrants on the move ,should emulate Sajid J. and enter the corridors of power in Whitehall,so that one day the compliment may be returned with Britain becoming the jewel in India's crown. I will not live long enough to see that day,but I dearly wish the younger generation of Indians will!
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Lisa: political responsibility for the scandal falls upon the administration in charge - as the resignation shows . The back story just goes to show that Tories vs Labour is not a versus as such . For the purposes of this thread they are all ‘British politician’, not Labour this or Tory that .
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Absolutely. We must never let facts get in the way of an opinion.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Your political colors are showing . Please remember what this site is, before you continue with the same.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Karthik S wrote:
panduranghari wrote:Well now that Sajid Javid is home minister, hopefully he will never become a prime minister.
Everyone but islamists. Ultimately he will be proven to be just another soldier of allah.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

^^Other than condemning Corbyn for being anti Indian and anti Semetic, I have only quoted facts. I am unsure as to how calling out such an individual has shown my political colours and needed me to be reminded that this is an Indian site. Do I take it that you agree with him?

With regards to "political responsibility for the scandal falls upon the administration in charge", does this apply to India? Is Modi responsible for Congress actions?
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Your analogies are WAY off the mark. You don't even have your timelines right. You have an ongoing tirade against some British personality who, last I checked, has not ever been either PM or Home Secretary. Please take your tirades about domestic British politics to some other forum entirely. In fact, take your tirades about Indian politics elsewhere too.
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

If Rt Hon T. May was Sec (HOME) when the documents were burned, how can this be blamed on Labour? Just asking out of curiosity.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

panduranghari wrote:
Karthik S wrote:
Everyone but islamists. Ultimately he will be proven to be just another soldier of allah.
OK, was interested from India's perspective. Got it.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

komal wrote:If Rt Hon T. May was Sec (HOME) when the documents were burned, how can this be blamed on Labour? Just asking out of curiosity.
That's *exactly* what I posted, and instead there's this non stop political noise about various other personalities . It's confusing, and simply derails this thread with local political noise that serves no purpose here.

Same with the other poster who keeps clamoring for greater ties with UK, despite the obvious on view - the Government of India does not care or share that enthusiasm, Britain remains #18 on the list of India's trading partners, a long way below even Hong Kong, Dubai and Singapore, and we have a GDP more than 3x theirs. Not to mention Modi's most recent trip was a waste of time, on top of the debacle that was their PM's visit before that. "$1 billion in deals" does not move the news needle anymore.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Political Asylum In Mind, Nirav Modi Solicits British Law Firms: Sources NDTV https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/politic ... es-1845612
NEW DELHI: To avoid returning to India, where he is wanted for an 11,000-crore bank scam, Nirav Modi is attempting to hire a lawyer who can help him get political asylum in the UK. Nirav Modi, who flew out of India on January 1, days before the CBI registered a case against him, is believed to be in New York.

The billionaire designer, who is accused of defrauding the state-run Punjab National Bank (PNB), has approached at least two firms in the United Kingdom, sources have told NDTV.

One of them is Boutique Law, a firm linked to Indian-origin lawyer Anand Doobay who specialises in criminal and regulatory matters including fraud, extradition and money laundering. The other company whose services Nirav Modi is learnt to have sought is Mishcon De Reya. Queries sent by NDTV to both these firms went unanswered.

Anand Doobay is among the lawyers that is part of the panel that works with another wanted businessman Vijjay Mallya, who is already a resident in the UK.

Legal experts say the UK is a preferred destination for seeking asylum because of its fair legal system which gives considerable weightage to human rights.

Nirav Modi has apparently sought asylum on the grounds that he faces political persecution in India. India has a poor record of extradition cases filed in courts in the UK -- failing most recently in cricket bookie Sanjeev Chawla and Navy war room-accused Ravi Shankaran's cases.

The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) when contacted by NDTV said it had no information of Nirav Modi's latest move. "We have a diffusion notice out with the Interpol which means that if he moves internationally, they will inform us,'' said a CBI spokesperson.

Sources say the billionaire went from India to the UAE, then to Hong Kong and London. He left the UK a couple of months ago and is now believed to be in New York. He is reportedly still travelling on his Indian passport that was cancelled by the government in February.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

We should make it publicly known that relations and deals with the uk will be at rock bottom levels while they continue this policy of harbouring our fugitives

Privately this is already done i am sure
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

"Political asylum"! What a joke.But it is accurate as dirty corrupt politics is behind all our scams.Scamsters like Mallya and the Mod is could never have illegally profited so much without political help at the very pinnacles of power.

The UK is the most hypocritical nation on the planet.Preacing the virtue of great British values from the time of the Magna Carta, etc., while actually practising the
policies of pirates, brigands, cut-throats of all species ,along with an overdose of the worst excesses of neo-imperialistic eco-colonialism and racism 21st century style.

PS: Certainly no hug for " Mother Theresa".May! In fact PM Modi may soon be meeting a new Brit. PM they way she's mishandling almost everything.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Margaret Thatcher kick started Paki terrorism towards India in 1980

Dr. Peter Stott, Uty of Leicester

https://www.aninews.in/news/world/other ... ssion=true

UK, not 9/11 behind South Asian Jihadism: Expert

ANI | Updated: May 02, 2018 01:05 AM IST

London [United Kingdom], May 2 (ANI): An expert on South Asia has claimed that the British leadership of the late 1970s and early 1980s and not the 9/11 tragedy was primarily responsible for the cross-fertilisation of violent extremism across the world.

Participating in a day-long conference on the theme of "Terrorism in Jammu and Kashmir" organised jointly by the European Foundation for South Asian Studies (EFSAS) and the University of Leicester United Nations Society, Dr. Paul Stott, who has written a number of books on jihadism, said terrorism in Jammu and Kashmir started with a visit to Pakistan in 1981 by then British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.

Dr. Stott, a lecturer at the University of Leicester and in the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy at SOAS, University of London, revealed that Pakistan at that time was passing through a phase of aggressive Islamisation, and added that Prime Minister Thatcher's then meeting with Pakistan dictator General Zia-ul-Haq, was seen by observers and analysts in both countries as Britain's endorsement of "intense Islamisfication", and as a struggle against Communism in Afghanistan.

Coming specifically to the issue of the British-South Asian Jihadist nexus, Dr. Stott used the platform of the conference to give a detailed historic outline of the cross-fertilization of violent extremism in South Asia as well as in Europe.

He made references to the role played by established Islamist hate mongers such as Anjum Choudhury, who was one of the founders of the banned terrorist outfit Äl Magrib", and who was convicted for advocating support for the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), more popularly known as the Islamic State (IS), or Abu Izzadeen, born Trevor Richard Brooks, the British spokesman for Al Ghurabaa, a British Muslim organisation banned under the Terrorism Act 2006 for the glorification of terrorism.

Brooks was convicted on charges of terrorist fund-raising and inciting terrorism overseas in 2008. He was imprisoned for four and a half years in 2006, but released in May 2009. In January 2016, he was sentenced to two years in prison for breaching the Terrorism Act 2000 by leaving the UK illegally.

A mention was also made of 27-year-old Khuram Shazad Butt, the man responsible for last year's London Bridge terror attack that claimed the lives of seven people and left 48 injured, and how he as a British citizen, had received training in Kashmir.

Dr. Stott further highlighted this British-South Asia jihadi nexus by making a mention of the 1993 UK speaking tour of Masood Azhar of the then Harkat ul-Ansar Islamist outfit, which received the support of leading British Deobandis. He said that during that visit Azhar promoted the concept of Jihad, which young Britons should undertake, and this in turn, resulted in the involvement of Omar Saeed Sheikh, a British national, kidnapping British tourists in New Delhi in 1994.

Dr. Stott said that in 1997, when the Muslim Council of Britain (MCB) was established, it exhibited a very deep Jamaat-e-Islami influence and openly supported the armed struggle in Jammu and Kashmir, and lobbied hard against UK counter-terrorism policies.

He said the first British suicide bomber in Afghanistan was Birminham-born Khalid Shaheed. He said that the suicide attack on an Indian Army base in Srinagar in the year 2000 was carried out by Mohammed Bilal, a resident of Birmingham, who was affiliated to the Jaish-e-Muhammad.

The 2002 kidnapping and murder American journalist Daniel Pearl in Karachi was the work of Omar Saeed Sheikh.

Dr. Stott used his lecture to provide a list of attacks and thwarted plots in the UK with connections to South Asia in general and Pakistan in particular, namely the Operation Crevice case in 2003, the London Transport Bombings (7/7) in 2005, the Botched 21/7 bombings, the Liquid Bomb Plot in 2006, the Exeter Restaurant bombing in 2008 and the 2009 Manchester Arndale Centre plot.

Following his extensive historical analysis, Dr. Stott posed a vital question -- When the Jihadists are defeated in Syria and Iraq, where will their attention turn to next? He expressed the fear that Jammu and Kashmir may possibly be the next battlefield for these hardened terrorists. (ANI)

I think they will go to KSA to take over the heart of Islam the Hejaz.

All these are Indian Muslims nurtured by British though the ages. Yes they have Pakistani origin but the mind view is from Aligarh.

UK, India all are periphery. They will go for the core now.