India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Post by Aditya_V »

darshan wrote:Add Sanders to this thread for coherency.

Sanders, meanwhile, headlined a low-dollar campaign fundraiser at an Indian-Pakistani restaurant where he was introduced by Abdul El-Sayed, a former Michigan gubernatorial candidate.
What is this? Why not call it a Pakistan restaurant and tell the world that he is taking money from the ISI- Taliban combine.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

The pakis seem to have trump in a lock.

cashmere is the price for the US withdrawal from afghanisran otherwise the most powerful man in the world would not be bleating on and on about mediation.

Donald Trump offers to help India-Pakistan again, says mediation offer still open

President Donald Trump has again offered to help India and Pakistan despite a meeting between Trump and Prime Minister Narendra Modi last month in which both the world leaders agreed that Kashmir was a bilateral matter between India and Pakistan. Speaking to reporters at the White House, Donald Trump said, "I am willing to help them if they want. They know that. That (offer) is out there."
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

mappunni wrote: I am planning to wear special T-shirts for this occasion! Ordered a bunch and will be distributed to my friends who will be gracing the occasion. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Let them organize or do whatever they want, they better not mess with Texas Cops.
https://cairdfw.org/kashmir-update/

Hopefully, all Kashmir chronology is being handled out in various forms.

All merchandise and pamphlets should cover all pakistani genocides, terrorism, etc. All islamic invasions by hordes. The destruction of temples, loot, rapes, genocides, etc.

When it comes to crimes against humanity by islam the list is never ending.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

mappunni wrote:I am planning to wear special T-shirts for this occasion! Ordered a bunch and will be distributed to my friends who will be gracing the occasion.
I was just reading through the links,
this one especially: http://city-sentinel.com/2019/09/prayer ... homa-city/

The following caught my attention:
"OKLAHOMA CITY, OK – On Sunday, September 1, CAIR Oklahoma will host a Prayer Vigil for Kashmir in opposition to the Indian government’s renewed oppression of Kashmir, a Muslim-majority region of India"

"Recently, India’s far-right government cancelled Kashmir’s semi-autonomous legal status and imposed martial law on millions of Kashmiris"

What gives this newspaper the right o say those things? Will anyone from the Indian community be writing to them to challenge and correct this and put forward the Indian PoV??

From the second link http://city-sentinel.com/2019/09/20531/

"The government of India has engaged in a lockdown and communication near-blackout in recent weeks, as part of a strategy to suppress the special status of Kashmir, long guaranteed in the Indian national constitution, a document forged at the historic end of the colonial era."

"On Sunday, September 1, the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) Oklahoma hosted a Prayer Vigil for Kashmir to oppose to the Indian government’s oppression of Kashmir, a Muslim-majority region"

These are statements being written by the newspaper on the say so of CAIR, is the Indian community going to write to them to put across the Indian PoV? Why is no letter writing campaign being organised? The Kashmiri pandit PoV??

"Rubenstein, a highly respected leader in several Oklahoma City’s Jewish-affiliated organizations, also said, “At the very least, we need to urge our elected Senators and Representatives to bring pressure on India to restore Kashmir’s autonomy and civil rights. She made us realize that the people of Kashmir deserve nothing less and really much more, and that the situation in Kashmir is a true humanitarian crisis.”

Somebody needs to contact Mr Rubenstein and Jewish organisations and remind him about LeT, may be forward these links to him

https://cst.org.uk/news/blog/2010/03/26 ... sh-problem

https://carnegieendowment.org/files/LeT_menace.pdf
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

GOI need to get their act together on facilitating lobbying and activism along with govt backed PR effort instead of sitting aloof and leaving it to community individuals (unlike Pakis, NRIs typically are gainfully employed and have less time on their hands) and IAS babus to communicate and organize.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

A few minutes googling and I found this:

http://tulsainterfaithalliance.org/contact-us/

Surely someone can contact him

Dr. Carl Rubenstein, a long-time leader of Oklahoma City’s Interfaith community, reflected:

“Those who missed being at the Prayer Vigil for Kashmir … missed something of horrifying importance. With facts of history and of India’s current violent abrogation of civil rights, combined with her eloquence and controlled passion, Nyla Ali Khan made us realize that all of us have a moral obligation to do something to counter the physical atrocities and destruction of freedom and democracy being suffered in Kashmir.”
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Muslims can organize anti anything but reverse is frowned upon.

Michigan church, Islamophobic pastor blasted for plans to host anti-Muslim 9/11 event
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 265688001/
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Why is she still a Producer on NPR??

Maybe if they gave up their faith they would know more peace as would the world!

https://www.opindia.com/2019/09/npr-pro ... r-outrage/
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

^ I understand that she might just have resigned.

https://twitter.com/MihirkJha/status/11 ... 2602034176
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Sounds like she was drinking holy Arabian camel piss with her mouth around the source instead of a bottle.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Lisa wrote:^ I understand that she might just have resigned.

Just how heard a news report on NPR from one aizaz Hassan. Both the anchor and mr. Hassan were panning the Indian army and civilian authorities. The reporter says there is "widespread" torture, night raids, beatings etc. They are toeing the paki line, me thinks.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Vayutuvan wrote:

Just how heard a news report on NPR from one aizaz Hassan. Both the anchor and mr. Hassan were panning the Indian army and civilian authorities. The reporter says there is "widespread" torture, night raids, beatings etc. They are toeing the paki line, me thinks.
Just FYI, we need to stop supporting NPR - let them know that we are not going to subscribe to PBS etc any more. And influence Nine (9) more.

As far as the furkun bibi goes (the one with pi$$ing rants), we also need to force NPR to remove all shows/productions where the furkun bibi was the producer or a team member. All those shows are biased.

My ask is this, can a class action suite be filed against NPR?
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Hindu organizations need to learn few things from CAIR.

For example, HAF went with notion that one bag apple at NPR and has resigned. However, the headliner should have been that NPR in general is anti Hindu. And, should be going full press with it by reaching out to anyone that would publish and carry it. Even if it's university news paper or local town paper.

This also includes bridging Hindu social events and mandirs to make things cohesive. Something at which Hindus fail miserably. That Beto's visit to mosque comes to mind about how islamic goons shape opinions. They actually talk to local politicos while Hindus do photo ops.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

With his irritatingly constant "offers" to mediate between India and pukiland on the cashmere issue, trump is trying to set up India as the bali ka bakhra to ease his afghanistan withdrawal by keeping the pakis happy and the sly pakis see trump as their savior and the one who can deliver cashmere to them or may be even some sort of ironclad "joint" sovereignty deal that neutralizes India's hold completely.

his re election becomes that much harder without this and so trump is becoming increasingly reckless, a la bolton and all that drama.

His next choice of NSA will reveal his hand.

If this mexican standoff continues, he will turn on Modi with his favorite stick of tariffs and threatened sanctions.

The big five, no matter what they say publicly, do not want India in the UNSC, and again, no matter what they tell us privately and what mealymouthed inanities they mouth to keep us happy, they are all in agreement.

The lessons that the chinese have taught them over the decades is not something that will want to learn from India too.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Vayutuvan wrote:

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

chetak wrote:With his irritatingly constant "offers" to mediate between India and pukiland on the cashmere issue, trump is trying to set up India as the bali ka bakhra to ease his afghanistan withdrawal by keeping the pakis happy and the sly pakis see trump as their savior and the one who can deliver cashmere to them or may be even some sort of ironclad "joint" sovereignty deal that neutralizes India's hold completely.

his re election becomes that much harder without this and so trump is becoming increasingly reckless, a la bolton and all that drama.

His next choice of NSA will reveal his hand.

If this mexican standoff continues, he will turn on Modi with his favorite stick of tariffs and threatened sanctions.

The big five, no matter what they say publicly, do not want India in the UNSC, and again, no matter what they tell us privately and what mealymouthed inanities they mouth to keep us happy, they are all in agreement.

The lessons that the chinese have taught them over the decades is not something that will want to learn from India too.
The more I see it all boils down to Florida and few other states.
Need to see that Indian Americans once in their lives vote with their minds and not foolish hearts.
For starters they need to boycott Sanders for his fake remarks on Kashmir.
Despite him having big PIO US Congress people support.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

disha wrote:
Vayutuvan wrote:
Just FYI, we need to stop supporting NPR - let them know that we are not going to subscribe to PBS etc any more. And influence Nine (9) more.

As far as the furkun bibi goes (the one with pi$$ing rants), we also need to force NPR to remove all shows/productions where the furkun bibi was the producer or a team member. All those shows are biased.

My ask is this, can a class action suite be filed against NPR?
Lauren Frayer who headlines NPR in India was part of the mess. She has dumped the whole bag of tricks on Furkan and ppl are backslapping on the low level victory.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

There seems to be a new improved white man's burden, to chide and guide India to some type of Christian civilisation, minus the negro executions. The Mohammedan names writing for NPR, WaPo, BBC, NYT shoot well from the white man's shoulder.

But this narrative evaporates with every terrorist attack on western interests. Too bad for the likes of Aizazzan Hassan. They have to painstakingly build the story again. Perhaps Ms Khan can explain the culture behind the recent Kabul bombings or the Indians' role in the same. I suggest swilling the urine of camels fed on cannabis plants before attempting it.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

darshan wrote:Hindu organizations need to learn few things from CAIR.

For example, HAF went with notion that one bag apple at NPR and has resigned. However, the headliner should have been that NPR in general is anti Hindu. And, should be going full press with it by reaching out to anyone that would publish and carry it. Even if it's university news paper or local town paper.

This also includes bridging Hindu social events and mandirs to make things cohesive. Something at which Hindus fail miserably. That Beto's visit to mosque comes to mind about how islamic goons shape opinions. They actually talk to local politicos while Hindus do photo ops.
Not anti Hindu but anti Indian. That will have more impact. Kashmir is an Indian and not a Hindu matter. Even if a predominantly hindu cause is attacked, since the overwhelming majority of Indians are Hindu, it is anti-Indian.(it is a variant of the what the Jewish lobby does, which is any criticism of Israel makes you anti Semitic).
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

sanjaykumar wrote:There seems to be a new improved white man's burden, to chide and guide India to some type of Christian civilisation, minus the negro executions. The Mohammedan names writing for NPR, WaPo, BBC, NYT shoot well from the white man's shoulder.

But this narrative evaporates with every terrorist attack on western interests. Too bad for the likes of Aizazzan Hassan. They have to painstakingly build the story again. Perhaps Ms Khan can explain the culture behind the recent Kabul bombings or the Indians' role in the same. I suggest swilling the urine of camels fed on cannabis plants before attempting it.
minority names have flooded the Indian channels in the past several years in the anchoring and reporting segments and all of them are very opinionated and against the majority. Playing up "lynchings" and other "atrocities" even when the root causes are elsewhere.

take the example of one empty headed bimbo named faye d'souza and her constant rabid anti modi litany of grouses and outright slanted views couched as "freedom" of the press.

this venomous creep has never looked in a mirror and seen herself for what she truly is.

they are the new coolies and frontierspeople and this new avatar of the ancient colonial enterprise of spinning the news on a daily basis using "Indian" channels and allegedly "Indian" reportage by allegedly "unbiased" commentators only shows how the successfully runditv model is spreading like an outbreak of cholera.

By the sheer weight and expense of the currently deployed resources against India, the BIF have shifted into high gear to damage Modi and the new narrative that is fast evolving after many tens of decades of BIF wrought social decay and failed history rendering.

At some stage soon, they will have to clearly show their hand.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

disha wrote: Just FYI, we need to stop supporting NPR - let them know that we are not going to subscribe to PBS etc any more. And influence Nine (9)
my strategy was slightly different. I used to give $10 every year. when they call me asking to give more, I would give them a earful and say that I will give lot more if they are more balanced. I used to take notes of all the programs and make a list of things where they were overly Eurocentric, abrahamic, or pushing meat eating (in their weekly cuisine programs) etc. I also used to call regularly during their call-in programs to ask pointed questions. IOW, use their self-hate and Christian (they are abrahamic contrary to their protestations to be otherwise) guilt against themselves.

that said, lots of Silicon Valley Internet company founders - Netscape, YouTube, PayPal, ... are from a university from where NPR itself started. many of them would most likely support "new green deal" and "the squad".

we are dealing with well funded media organization which is not all that dissimilar to BBC.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

I am not sure how much is malicious. There is simply an uncritical, unthinking culture at play.

I happened to catch this abysmal film on the late late show, Die Hard. There was one hilarious scene where the bad guy says to the cop “you won’t shoot me, you have to follow procedures”. Problem is the it was not meant to be ironic, nor humorous.
Thus perhaps we can cut them some slack. The only people in the the west who know what we are dealing with are Jews and Arab Christian immigrants. And this is after 9/11.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

sanjaykumar wrote:I am not sure how much is malicious. There is simply an uncritical, unthinking culture at play.
Most probably. That is why I used to take notes so as to show them that they do not give a platform nor invite anybody from the other side when it comes to 'Hindu' India-'Muslim' Pakistan topics. That characterization by and itself shows the lack of homework on their part.

This doesn't happen when it comes to West Asia. They are more balanced there in terms of voices that are heard. Their tilt against Israel comes from being on the left of the center. They source a lot of their programming from BBC and CBC, both of which are very close to being anti-Judaic. Just so that they are not accused of anti-semitic, which a euphemistic stand for anti-Judaism, they invite Palestinians etc.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

Regarding NPR- it is always biased against India (and Hindus). In fact when the kashmir muslim lady Furhan Khan resigned a face saving gesture absolving NPR , it is telling that NPR tweeted at its handle @NPRextra and not @NPR
https://twitter.com/NPRextra/status/1171813305993900033
Replying to @avatans @myindmakers @NPR
NPR regrets the unacceptable tweet by New Delhi producer Furkan Khan. This comment does not reflect the views of NPR journalists and is a violation of our ethical standards. She has publicly apologized for her tweet and has resigned from NPR. Would you please update your story?
why was MyIndMakers tagged was because of - https://www.myind.net/Home/viewArticle/ ... and-biased

Just to get to know about @NPR and @NPRextra

NPR official handle has over 7.85 MILLION followers

NPR Extra has 0.5 MILLION followers
@NPR
Tweets
Tweets, current page.
Following
Following
Followers
Followers
7.85M
Lists
Lists
Moments
Moments
@NPRextra
Tweets
Tweets, current page.
Following
Following
Followers
Followers
Lists
Lists
Moments
Moments
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

https://www.wionews.com/opinions/articl ... ias-249191

Only quoting relevant portions of the article to this thread. I have posted rest in J&K thread viewtopic.php?p=2380035#p2380035

The US, Britain and other Anglo-Saxon nations have a grim record of committing historical crimes: trafficking Africans to North America during the centuries-long Atlantic slave trade; invading and colonising countries; waging extra-territorial wars; destabilising elected governments; supporting apartheid in South Africa; dispossessing Aborigines in Australia and indigenous Indians in the US; imposing a racist White Australia immigration policy; and segregating African-Americans in the southern states of the US till as late as the 1960s.
Western media tries its best to avoid highlighting these issues. It was only when Democratic Presidential candidates Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris raised the issue of reparations for slavery that the US media gingerly took cognisance of it with a nervous editorial twitch.
Warren has gone further by suggesting compensation for indigenous Indians whose land was usurped by European settlers in the US.
Amidst all this, India is a tempting target. A large, diverse democracy, it has multiple mutinies, as the late VS Naipaul wrote, going on raucously at the same time. These provide easy pickings for Western journalists. They have learnt their lesson the hard way after the French magazine Charlie Hebdo was attacked by Islamist terrorists, several of its staff killed and the publication eventually forced to change ownership. The lesson learnt? It is safer to criticise India. Indians don’t hit back.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Great article by Vamsee Juluri on NPR's Hinduphobia:

https://www.opindia.com/2019/09/npr-fur ... -rhetoric/

Please click the link below and sign the petition:

https://www.change.org/p/national-publi ... dit_var=v2
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Deans wrote: Not anti Hindu but anti Indian. That will have more impact. Kashmir is an Indian and not a Hindu matter. Even if a predominantly hindu cause is attacked, since the overwhelming majority of Indians are Hindu, it is anti-Indian.(it is a variant of the what the Jewish lobby does, which is any criticism of Israel makes you anti Semitic).
This is an important point. Usual left-lib tactic to protect Islamists in their midst like Ilhan Omar when they make anti-semitic statements is to defend them saying they were only speaking against Israel not Jews. The Islamists and their freinds also ensure that the statements they make are never overtly anti-semitic but always mention Israel and are ambiguous or vague enough to give them an escape route.

Furkhan's mistake in this case was not doing the same for her anti-Hindu comments. She did this thinking herself safe because anti-Hindu speech does not have the same connotations nor is taken with the same seriousness as anti-semitic speech in left-lib circles in the US. This is due to overt anti-semitism being frowned upon due to historical (Nazis and white-supremacists) as well as religious (Abrahamics >> pagan heathens - even in the minds of supposedly irreligious libs) reasons. And also because anti-semitism is a stick they use to beat the Right with in the US (thanks to their relations with white-supremacists who hate jews). So the libs can't "appear" to be anti-semitic themselves even if they are. If Furkhan had made anti-semitic comments NPR would not have waited for the backlash to ask her to resign. She would have been out on her ass within no time alongside a public apology by NPR.

The Twitter backlash was good enough to show the left-libs that similar rules must apply to anti-Hindu speech as well. This is only the first shot in a long battle though. We will continue to have leftist nutcases and their Islamist brethren using the same tactic they use against Jews against Hindus as well - make outrageous and false statements about India without overtly mentioning Hindus knowing fully well that their audience will make the connection. The Jewish lobby makes a good effort at fighting this tactic. We need to do the same.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

sanjaykumar wrote:I am not sure how much is malicious. There is simply an uncritical, unthinking culture at play.

I happened to catch this abysmal film on the late late show, Die Hard. There was one hilarious scene where the bad guy says to the cop “you won’t shoot me, you have to follow procedures”. Problem is the it was not meant to be ironic, nor humorous.
Thus perhaps we can cut them some slack. The only people in the the west who know what we are dealing with are Jews and Arab Christian immigrants. And this is after 9/11.
that she has "resigned" and has not been fired only improves her career prospects in the sickular anti India, anti Hindu circles that will surely hire this demented jehadi bimbo.

Isn't it time to target NPR.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

According to Suhag Shukla of the Hindu American Foundation, the New York Times is a "Lost Cause" in terms of entrenched anti-India and Hinduphobic editorial tone.

This is because of a very powerful senior opinions editor, Basharat Peer, who basically has absolute authority to determine the tone and tenor of all its "South Asia" coverage.

Peer is an avowed Kashmiri separatist. He has outsize influence on the NY Times' Editorial Board, possibly because he was also a fellow of the Open Society Institute... a George Soros initiative. There are deep pockets and profound deep-state connections empowering this guy.

Untangling the web further: Basharat Peer's wife is "scholar" Ananya Vajpeyi... a key node in the "Breaking India" nexus of sepoys in US Academia. Here is Rajiv Malhotra's response to one particularly Hinduphobic article by Vajpeyi: https://www.facebook.com/RajivMalhotra. ... 50993455:0

And guess who Ananya Vajpeyi's PhD Thesis Advisor was?

Sheldon Pollock.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Rudradev wrote:According to Suhag Shukla of the Hindu American Foundation, the New York Times is a "Lost Cause" in terms of entrenched anti-India and Hinduphobic editorial tone.

This is because of a very powerful senior opinions editor, Basharat Peer, who basically has absolute authority to determine the tone and tenor of all its "South Asia" coverage.

Peer is an avowed Kashmiri separatist. He has outsize influence on the NY Times' Editorial Board, possibly because he was also a fellow of the Open Society Institute... a George Soros initiative. There are deep pockets and profound deep-state connections empowering this guy.

Untangling the web further: Basharat Peer's wife is "scholar" Ananya Vajpeyi... a key node in the "Breaking India" nexus of sepoys in US Academia. Here is Rajiv Malhotra's response to one particularly Hinduphobic article by Vajpeyi: https://www.facebook.com/RajivMalhotra. ... 50993455:0

And guess who Ananya Vajpeyi's PhD Thesis Advisor was?

Sheldon Pollock.
A very cosy drain inspectors club. :mrgreen:
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

"Cutting slack" is done when the cutter has all the power in his hand and generously gives a little leeway to the "cut-ee."

Is that the position we are in vis-a-vis Western media majors?
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Let me put it another way.

As India's economy and military become more potent, Indians do not need to pursue every slight or 'misunderstanding' with a cry for justice or fair play. The west does business, very good business, with China. Chinese immigration, students, trade, global politics etc continue in spite of the most appalling record of human rights abuses. The NYT knows well the meaning of hard power, its other name is the dollar.

There are some on this board who get agitated over some newspaper's third page story on India or some semi literate PAkistani begum's insecure remarks on Hinduism/India. They come here to seek reassurance that all will be well. This Indian behaviour should have ended 10 years ago.It betrays a lack of confidence, which was indeed appropriate then. Not now. India has one thing that even Britain does not have at this time, let alone Pakistan or the Gulf. That is potential. India is still poor and dusty and exploitative. However it has established its credentials, at least to my satisfaction, that they intend to be at the high table and shortly.

I would like to see a thread on India 2030.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

sanjaykumar wrote:Let me put it another way.

As India's economy and military become more potent, Indians do not need to pursue every slight or 'misunderstanding' with a cry for justice or fair play. The west does business, very good business, with China. Chinese immigration, students, trade, global politics etc continue in spite of the most appalling record of human rights abuses. The NYT knows well the meaning of hard power, its other name is the dollar.

There are some on this board who get agitated over some newspaper's third page story on India or some semi literate PAkistani begum's insecure remarks on Hinduism/India. They come here to seek reassurance that all will be well. This Indian behaviour should have ended 10 years ago.It betrays a lack of confidence, which was indeed appropriate then. Not now. India has one thing that even Britain does not have at this time, let alone Pakistan or the Gulf. That is potential. India is still poor and dusty and exploitative. However it has established its credentials, at least to my satisfaction, that they intend to be at the high table and shortly.

I would like to see a thread on India 2030.
Passively taking every bit of sh*t thrown at us and claiming it shows our confidence will fool no one in the real world.

We trained our adversaries to believe that they will get away with small & big attacks on us because, in our quest to convince ourselves of our "confidence", we keep raising the bar of what is worth reacting to. As a result, when we do something that is really important to us, like cancel 370, they do everything they can to make us pay a steep price, since they believe that they will pay no price.

We are in a place now where we have to expend energy in re-training our adversaries to expect pushback. That requires consistency: if you attack us, you will hear about it, and face some kind of consequences, every single time.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Push back as in clever tweets? Aghast and appalled letters to the editor? A sins of the white man webpage in some corner of the internet? You need to be in a position to cancel a 100 aircraft order with Boeing, in favour of Airbus. That is the best form of conditioning. India is there.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

I think there these need to be done at two levels:

1. Individuals should be held accountable and made unemployable. This can be done by crowdsourcing and blocking their accounts and shutting them down on SM without resorting to violence. Just use the report button and tweets to their employers. A few news article on the Internet should also do the trick. It would stick with them forever.
2. Bigger pushbacks in the form for cancelling purchases etc which can be done at commercial scale.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

GoI needs to kick out NPR TODAY. As our wise oriental friends will say, kill the chicken to scare the monkey.

NPR should be given an offer to return to India upon re submission of all documents, much like what's going on with the emeritus JNU professors.

As pointed out earlier, this is not a Hindu issue. This is an India issue which should be dealt with by GoI (who are paid for this job) rather than any Hindu outfit in the US (whose goal it is to make America not hostile to Hindus and related religions).

All the names of reporters in NPR smell of Pakjab. ISI links must be explored and exposed. I am sure these luminaries are children of Pakfaujis sent to elite US schools as part of the crore commander allowances, or being born in the US while daddy was posted for training.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

vimal wrote:I think there these need to be done at two levels:

1. Individuals should be held accountable and made unemployable. This can be done by crowdsourcing and blocking their accounts and shutting them down on SM without resorting to violence. Just use the report button and tweets to their employers. A few news article on the Internet should also do the trick. It would stick with them forever.
2. Bigger pushbacks in the form for cancelling purchases etc which can be done at commercial scale.

The Christian West ( and here I really refer to English speaking countries, I have little interest in the others) unlike Muslim nations will not kill you for remonstrating against bias, this makes it seemingly attractive to appeal to reason.

However this is in fact a reinforcement of the power inequality, that is you are appealing to the accuser to be the judge. You are stating that you value his arbitration and accord it respect.

The Khan of certain dubious libations fame, unless she has Indian citizenship, should be expelled immediately. If some Kenyan reporter comes to the US and reports on how they look like their farm animals and eat twice as much, I would not object if the US deported him or her. There is truth and free speech and then there is decency and the obligation not to abuse hospitality.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Not sure what you mean "appealing to the accuser to be the judge"? SM platforms cannot control who posts what all the time. The reason Hindus regularly get banned from such platforms is because of crowdsourced reporting mechanism employed by jihadis. Just get even not mad. I see lots of sanatanis wasting time arguing with offenders instead of just swarm reporting them.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

sanjaykumar wrote:The Khan of certain dubious libations fame, unless she has Indian citizenship...
She's from J&K, I believe.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

The accuser in this case would be the media organisation. I have not looked at Hindus’ conduct on social media in response to Pakistani trolling.

I have learnt the hard way that the best response is to reflect the observation. Do not certainly get mad. You drink cow piss. The correct response is, should I switch to camel piss as per the record in your Hadith and recommended by your prophet.

This presupposes a wide general knowledge, but focussed, on part of the responder. I do see a qualitative improvement in the Indian terms of engagement. Social media and perhaps even BRF may be responsible. Perhaps I also have played a small part in this.

It is the same 3 or 4 points over again. Open defecation, SDRE, etc. You will note few pakis now pull out the poverty meme. Even fewer the single god like christians shtick.

Might be an idea to have a thread on “how to respond”