CRamS wrote:So bottom line, Pakis, Khalistanis and other assorted ModiJi Hindu haters will make some noise but that is it. CNN/NYT/WP etc might do some equal equal and drown out the importance of India and ModiJi's address, but who knows, if Trump bahadur announces something big beyond photo ops, like say reversing his decision to withdraw preferential trade status to India, that may make headlines. But otherwise I expect scant or at best equal equal routine coverage in US media.
One needs to go beyond the obvious to understand Modi.
Trump/Modi together at the reception of the INDIAN Prime minister by Indian-American community have message for a spectrum of people. In descending order of importance.
1. Within Kashmir. The idea is to convince them that the world has forgotten them and will go to lengths to please Modi. If they/their brithar Bakistan cannot swing US away from India there is no hope for them.
2. For bakistani apduls. Show them that they are really alone in their quest for Kashmir and spread more FUD amongst them.
3. A message around the globe to leaders/counties from Asia to Europe to Africa to Latin America on the rising profile of India. Every such boost results is India's bargaining position increasing, even if only slightly, in general with every other country.
4. A message to China especially before the next Modi/Xi talks.
5. A message for the spectrum of India-watchers, BOTH Modi-haters and Modi-pasand, within America itself. This includes Indian-American community itself 'cause this will increase their political profile within US by a couple of notches too!
6. Lastly, with the Indian public but this is the least important. Modi already enjoys huge credibility inside India.
We need to realize that there exists a whole world outside of the "US Media".