India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
mappunni
BRFite
Posts: 269
Joined: 14 Jul 2017 19:07

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby mappunni » 15 Sep 2020 00:00

Islamists are now taking their anti-Hindu attacks straight into US schools, through speech & debate competitions. Here is an upcoming debate topic for the Texas Forensic Association: "A Resolution to Curb Hindu Nationalism." It's full of lies, Hinduphobia, and hate.

https://twitter.com/rajiv_pandit/status/1304635018527023111

darshan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2715
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby darshan » 15 Sep 2020 00:14

You may break few things if you would see what's going outside Texas like in MI, MN, IL, NJ, etc.

Hindus in US better learn bitter lessons from UK Hindus and stay away from islamists and consolidate. Stupidity like settling in the same areas as muslims need to stop as Hindus rarely get involved in govt and political side. In areas like NJ, one would have school full of Hindu kids but administrative roles taken over by brown EJ or muslim. They systematically go and work any public role and job available. Once employed they start their agenda and propaganda. This starts from local HoA to sky is the limit.

I always suggest people to start going through all public roles in your area and see how year by year they will enlist themselves into this roles. And we won't even bother. Once in they will bring more and keep you out.

darshan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2715
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby darshan » 15 Sep 2020 00:31

@mappunni,

Since I know that you're from North Texas, here's an example from Collin county health department. Multiple roles where there would be lot of interactions with policy makers being taken over one by one. I suggest looking over other departments and counties near by.

Health Authority
Arifa Nishat, M.D.

Sadia Siddiqui, M.D.

Chief Epidemiologist
Jawaid Asghar, MBBS, MHA, CIC

Mort Walker
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8691
Joined: 31 May 2004 11:31
Location: The rings around Uranus.

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Mort Walker » 15 Sep 2020 01:03

mappunni wrote:Islamists are now taking their anti-Hindu attacks straight into US schools, through speech & debate competitions. Here is an upcoming debate topic for the Texas Forensic Association: "A Resolution to Curb Hindu Nationalism." It's full of lies, Hinduphobia, and hate.

https://twitter.com/rajiv_pandit/status/1304635018527023111



Contact the school board to see what can be done, if anything, also contact the ADL if they are amenable to listening. Sometimes you get these self hating left wing Jews who go along with the Islamists and anarchists.

mappunni
BRFite
Posts: 269
Joined: 14 Jul 2017 19:07

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby mappunni » 15 Sep 2020 03:24

darshan wrote:
Since I know that you're from North Texas, here's an example from the Collin county health department. Multiple roles where there would be lot of interactions with policymakers being taken over one by one. I suggest looking over other departments and counties nearby.

Health Authority
Arifa Nishat, M.D.

Sadia Siddiqui, M.D.

Chief Epidemiologist
Jawaid Asghar, MBBS, MHA, CIC



I am from the Denton County side of the town, but have quite few family and friends in the Collin County side, we will raise this issue. Most of the Pawkis are only employable in government or have their own psychiatry practice and that's what I have heard from my doctor friends.

You might have heard of the issue at Independence High where we had the prayer room issue a few years ago.
Last edited by mappunni on 15 Sep 2020 03:26, edited 1 time in total.

mappunni
BRFite
Posts: 269
Joined: 14 Jul 2017 19:07

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby mappunni » 15 Sep 2020 03:26

Mort Walker wrote:

Contact the school board to see what can be done, if anything, also contact the ADL if they are amenable to listening. Sometimes you get these self-hating left-wing Jews who go along with the Islamists and anarchists.


HAF and Dr.Rajiv Pandit who also happens to be in Dallas has already reached out.

vimal
BRFite
Posts: 591
Joined: 27 Jul 2017 10:32

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby vimal » 15 Sep 2020 04:46

mappunni wrote:Islamists are now taking their anti-Hindu attacks straight into US schools, through speech & debate competitions. Here is an upcoming debate topic for the Texas Forensic Association: "A Resolution to Curb Hindu Nationalism." It's full of lies, Hinduphobia, and hate.

https://twitter.com/rajiv_pandit/status/1304635018527023111


ISI funded and motivated jihadis for sure. Our MEA has completely failed in this mobilizations across the world. There was a recent Sam Sharma show where there were examples of our MEAs lack of understanding.

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14553
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby pankajs » 15 Sep 2020 11:46

With a bucked of salt but it still is a data point that needs to be considered ...

https://twitter.com/PollWatch2020/statu ... 6469519361
It's interesting that Trump had perhaps his biggest surge in approval over the weekend according to Rasmussen. This happened even with the mainstream media smears concerning the military and Covid-19 management.

Vips
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2919
Joined: 14 Apr 2017 18:23

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Vips » 16 Sep 2020 06:59

The Indo-Pacific strategy is gaining momentum with China's growing belligerence.


The Indo-Pacific strategy is slowly becoming a reality. Military agreements are being signed between countries, making the contours sharper and the minds clearer despite the virus.

India and the US have a flurry of meetings planned before the US election on November 3 to consolidate the gains made under President Donald Trump. The two countries are expected to conclude and sign the Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement (Beca) on sharing geospatial intelligence during the next ‘2+2’ dialogue in New Dehi.

Beca is last of the four ‘foundational’ agreements the US wanted India to sign to allow secure communication and sharing of geospatial information. With Beca, India can get a closer look at Pakistan in all its bare necessities, training camps and all. That’s part of the deal and it will be one-way traffic.

Given the border situation with China, India will soon lease two drones from the US government for naval surveillance while the procurement process for the sale of 30 armed predator drones, well, drones on. The two leased drones will not be armed but will have censors. Leasing was seen as the quickest way to get ‘eyes’ on the situation.

India and the US are expected to sign a maritime information-sharing agreement to bolster the most promising area of cooperation. Maritime cooperation is the low-key and high-yield aspect of Indo-US ties and the backbone of the Indo Pacfic strategy.

Dates and locations are also being nalised for a meeting of the Quad foreign ministers, and a meeting of the Indian and US national security advisers (NSAs). That’s a full plate given the short time before the November 3 election. Officials are packing it in because a transition in Washington always takes a year before things get going.

Where the ‘in-person’ Quad would be held is not yet decided, even though US Deputy Secretary of State Stephen Biegun said recently it would be in New Delhi. Why the Quad can’t follow the ‘2+2’ in Delhi is unclear. But such is life in the foreign ministers’ lane. Too many schedules to align, much like the policies.

Interestingly, the US has suggested a ‘4+4’ meeting of the Quad defence and foreign ministers, given Chinese aggression all around. Washington sees advantage in timing, but it may be a bridge too far.

The array of meetings comes against the background of a China ‘gone rogue’ for all practical purposes, or to a place from where it’s nding it hard to come back. Opening multiple fronts against multiple countries, coupled with daily threats and schoolyard bragging and bullying by China, is pushing other countries to a place from where they may not return.

Just to recap, India and Japan deepened their military cooperation and signed a 10-year pact last week. It allows their militaries to share logistics and supplies for ships and planes besides encouraging interoperability.

The Acquisition and Cross-Servicing Agreement (Acsa) was one of the last signficant acts of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, the main man behind the idea of Indo-Pacic cooperation. India now has similar agreements with all Quad members and with France and Oman.

Then the US signed a defence framework agreement with the Maldives on September 10 to deepen relations, and to maintain peace and security in the Indian Ocean. India welcomed it — a measure of change in outlook. You can see the web of agreements growing in the region, creating interlinkages of support should the need arise.

Hopefully, Beijing is getting the message via its ‘wolf warriors’. Expect the usual belligerence from Chinese spokesmen, but that’s now routine. Beijing has only itself to blame for this coming together of the rest.

China’s unprecedented land grabs and coercive tactics have pushed India and Australia — the two countries historically shy of coming out in any discernible grouping — to take a bolder stand. And New Delhi is clearly tiring of the constant spin from China and subversion of facts.

Cain Marko
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4513
Joined: 26 Jun 2005 10:26

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Cain Marko » 16 Sep 2020 08:39

mappunni wrote:Islamists are now taking their anti-Hindu attacks straight into US schools, through speech & debate competitions. Here is an upcoming debate topic for the Texas Forensic Association: "A Resolution to Curb Hindu Nationalism." It's full of lies, Hinduphobia, and hate.

https://twitter.com/rajiv_pandit/status/1304635018527023111

Can't Hindus move a similar resolution related to jamaat e islami?

darshan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2715
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby darshan » 16 Sep 2020 08:54

Hindus in US? Gather 500 and present the idea. Probably no more than 10 will be there and rest will hit the door as don't care issue.

mappunni
BRFite
Posts: 269
Joined: 14 Jul 2017 19:07

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby mappunni » 16 Sep 2020 21:32

darshan wrote:Hindus in US? Gather 500 and present the idea. Probably no more than 10 will be there and the rest will hit the door as don't care issue.


Darshan Saar, This is the exact problem. HAF is working on mobilizing Hindus but is not as effective as it should need to be.

schinnas
BRFite
Posts: 1736
Joined: 11 Jun 2009 09:44

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby schinnas » 16 Sep 2020 22:42

Things take time to change. Until 10 years back, there were no support for Hindu causes amongst educated Indians. It has now changed in a big way.

darshan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2715
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby darshan » 17 Sep 2020 17:45

Education and enabling need to start at the mandir level. And it needs to be very well laid out to explain systematic issues. Examples and databases of incidents speak a lot. Collection of data is what's missing to have "if you build it then they would come" effect. Local battles and needs need to be assessed. For example, people like Rajiv Malhotra will pick up big battles but ignore all small ones in their own backyard. That hardly gets you any followers or keep the ones that have already joined for that matter. It's all about where do I go to get information to fight my individual battle. For example, BLM is in fashion this days but no one at grassroot level is collecting or narrating anti Hindu incidents. Young brown kids would like to have had properly laid out anti Hindu incidences to complete their school assignments. Reusing and repurposing isn't there either when one looks at efforts of California textbook team not being expanded to other places. Many Hindus are learning hard lessons in areas controlled by muslims and how arrival of mosques can put you out of business in small business world by parallel economy being run by mosques. However, the pain felt in one region didn't translate into lesson learned for other regions. Personally I see mandirs where battle needs to start and these places seriously need to stop their act of 100% bhajans and start having discussion about issues affecting Hindus. Other major item being no properly maintained information site collecting all anti Hindu events, actions, items, etc.

Hopefully at some point we will stop making stupid decisions like building a mandir and having followers settle right in the den of islamists. Lately I have been looking into DFW area and I found a recently built mandir right near mosque and full blown green area. I'm still scratching my head at this marvelous decision. I guess that this Hindus must not have heard about love jihad. Or grooming lessons learned in UK or for that matter in other areas of US where greens have taken over.

mappunni
BRFite
Posts: 269
Joined: 14 Jul 2017 19:07

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby mappunni » 17 Sep 2020 19:30

darshan wrote: a mandir and having followers settle right in the den of Islamists. Lately, I have been looking into the DFW area and I found a recently built mandir right near the mosque and full-blown green area. I'm still scratching my head at this marvelous decision.


Where is this Saar? The areas where such things happen might be the Carrollton or Irving area where I was told there is a subdivision full of Peacefools, who only sell to Peacefools.

Raveen
BRFite
Posts: 806
Joined: 18 Jun 2008 00:51
Location: 1/2 way between the gutter and the stars
Contact:

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Raveen » 17 Sep 2020 19:44

darshan wrote:Education and enabling need to start at the mandir level. And it needs to be very well laid out to explain systematic issues. Examples and databases of incidents speak a lot. Collection of data is what's missing to have "if you build it then they would come" effect. Local battles and needs need to be assessed. For example, people like Rajiv Malhotra will pick up big battles but ignore all small ones in their own backyard. That hardly gets you any followers or keep the ones that have already joined for that matter. It's all about where do I go to get information to fight my individual battle. For example, BLM is in fashion this days but no one at grassroot level is collecting or narrating anti Hindu incidents. Young brown kids would like to have had properly laid out anti Hindu incidences to complete their school assignments. Reusing and repurposing isn't there either when one looks at efforts of California textbook team not being expanded to other places. Many Hindus are learning hard lessons in areas controlled by muslims and how arrival of mosques can put you out of business in small business world by parallel economy being run by mosques. However, the pain felt in one region didn't translate into lesson learned for other regions. Personally I see mandirs where battle needs to start and these places seriously need to stop their act of 100% bhajans and start having discussion about issues affecting Hindus. Other major item being no properly maintained information site collecting all anti Hindu events, actions, items, etc.

Hopefully at some point we will stop making stupid decisions like building a mandir and having followers settle right in the den of islamists. Lately I have been looking into DFW area and I found a recently built mandir right near mosque and full blown green area. I'm still scratching my head at this marvelous decision. I guess that this Hindus must not have heard about love jihad. Or grooming lessons learned in UK or for that matter in other areas of US where greens have taken over.


Where in DFW? Carrollton? I feel like I have seen more mosques being built here in the recent past than I remember in the 15 preceding years. The mosques are built on prime real estate, visible from the highway, right next to a Costco for instance so it becomes a part of the landscape. The temple, is built 5 miles from civilization. I mean we have the money, I just don't understand.

Raveen
BRFite
Posts: 806
Joined: 18 Jun 2008 00:51
Location: 1/2 way between the gutter and the stars
Contact:

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Raveen » 17 Sep 2020 19:44

mappunni wrote:
darshan wrote: a mandir and having followers settle right in the den of Islamists. Lately, I have been looking into the DFW area and I found a recently built mandir right near the mosque and full-blown green area. I'm still scratching my head at this marvelous decision.


Where is this Saar? The areas where such things happen might be the Carrollton or Irving area where I was told there is a subdivision full of Peacefools, who only sell to Peacefools.


This is unfortunately spreading to other suburbs, you will be shocked at the numbers.

darshan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2715
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby darshan » 17 Sep 2020 21:06

mappunni wrote:
darshan wrote: a mandir and having followers settle right in the den of Islamists. Lately, I have been looking into the DFW area and I found a recently built mandir right near the mosque and full-blown green area. I'm still scratching my head at this marvelous decision.


Where is this Saar? The areas where such things happen might be the Carrollton or Irving area where I was told there is a subdivision full of Peacefools, who only sell to Peacefools.


There's a gurukul in Plano and all random sampling around this area suggests that this area is very green and a mosque nearby which came up before this mandir. So I'm not sure what prompted this people to build one there when it is clear that this area is clearly green and would only get worse.

dsreedhar
BRFite
Posts: 278
Joined: 10 Jan 2011 06:57

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby dsreedhar » 17 Sep 2020 21:15

Agree with Darshan -
Education and enabling need to start at the mandir level
These days there is Balvikas programs being conducted to educate kids on the hindu religion side. Slowly need to start educating kids and adults on the issues and challenges faced by hindus and the need to organize and get and be united. Unfortunately there are always internal squabbles and power struggles losing sight n focus on bigger challenges n threats.
Couple of years back i heard of a case in Shri Ram mandir in Dallas area. To get control of board some board members got a few muslims to become temple members and vote them. Not sure much about the details.

http://india-herald.com/muslims-used-to-influence-hindu-temple-in-dallas-p5678-1.htm


Also a good point by Raveen -
The temple, is built 5 miles from civilization
I see mosques built by highway and most visible places as well as in small poor neighborhoods to draw the locals thru service and other activities. Something hindus should learn.

darshan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2715
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby darshan » 17 Sep 2020 21:17

Raveen wrote:Where in DFW? Carrollton? I feel like I have seen more mosques being built here in the recent past than I remember in the 15 preceding years. The mosques are built on prime real estate, visible from the highway, right next to a Costco for instance so it becomes a part of the landscape. The temple, is built 5 miles from civilization. I mean we have the money, I just don't understand.

Money doesn't buy land but strategy does. Barring influence from oil countries, this people are expert at hiding their plans and acquiring land first, then concentrating in one area, then getting involved in the system, and then getting their mosque built with no church in visible background. Christians would control zoning to have religious places be near churches but peaceful would out smart them with location and angles. In the end it doesn't even matter to them as once the ship gets anchored they take over the area brick by brick. Also start cashing out on various land parcels they had acquired before getting their plans unveiled. Once mosque is running money channels then they start buying anything that goes on sale. They start buying high and once enough of them get in the area then it is all low ball offers afterwards. All vertically and horizontally integrated to get all the transactions done within the community. Parallel economy with all issues handled by mosque afterwards.

mappunni
BRFite
Posts: 269
Joined: 14 Jul 2017 19:07

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby mappunni » 17 Sep 2020 23:15

Raveen wrote:
Where in DFW? Carrollton? I feel like I have seen more mosques being built here in the recent past than I remember in the 15 preceding years. The mosques are built on prime real estate, visible from the highway, right next to a Costco for instance so it becomes a part of the landscape. The temple, is built 5 miles from civilization. I mean we have the money, I just don't understand.


I see that happening in Phrisceaux where more and more Paxtanis move in and when you ask them where they are from the usual pallavi .... Bangalore Kerala. :twisted: :twisted:

I think, I know of what you are talking about, that one was funded by a Paxatani doc who lives in one of the long standing gated communities.

Raveen
BRFite
Posts: 806
Joined: 18 Jun 2008 00:51
Location: 1/2 way between the gutter and the stars
Contact:

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Raveen » 18 Sep 2020 02:49

mappunni wrote:
Raveen wrote:
Where in DFW? Carrollton? I feel like I have seen more mosques being built here in the recent past than I remember in the 15 preceding years. The mosques are built on prime real estate, visible from the highway, right next to a Costco for instance so it becomes a part of the landscape. The temple, is built 5 miles from civilization. I mean we have the money, I just don't understand.


I see that happening in Phrisceaux where more and more Paxtanis move in and when you ask them where they are from the usual pallavi .... Bangalore Kerala. :twisted: :twisted:

I think, I know of what you are talking about, that one was funded by a Paxatani doc who lives in one of the long standing gated communities.


Yup, thats the one. We need to have a North Texas meet, looks like there is plenty of us around.

Rony
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3264
Joined: 14 Jul 2006 23:29

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Rony » 18 Sep 2020 05:07

Call it election stunt or whatever but Biden's campaign responded while Tump's campaign brushed it off.

Hindu American PAC Presidential Endorsement Questionnaire

The Hindu American PAC (HAPAC), the only independent, non-partisan PAC representing the Hindu American community, sent both major party presidential campaigns a questionnaire addressing issues of contemporary concern. President Trump's campaign replied that the campaign would not be completing the questionnaire HAPAC created. Former Vice President Biden's campaign did consent to review the questionnaire, and then responded to all of the questions posed, and the response is published here in its entirety without alteration. To our knowledge, this is the first time a major party presidential candidate has responded to a questionnaire sent by a Hindu American group. Hindu American PAC appreciates the historic nature of this engagement by the Biden campaign.

HAPAC notes that the Biden campaign's answers specifically recognize that Hindu American students are being bullied on the basis of how Hinduism is misrepresented in classrooms and that this should be rectified; that crimes against Hindus and Hindu mandirs based on religion must be recognized as hate crimes; and the campaign expresses a commitment to ending country of origin caps for employment-based green cards. These domestic policy issues are of critical importance to the Hindu American community.

HAPAC also notes that in response to the final question posed to the campaign on cross-border terrorism sponsored by Pakistan in the Indian Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, the Biden campaign stated that the Biden-Harris administrations will have "no tolerance" for terrorism in South Asia, "cross-border or otherwise." We welcome this recognition of the scourge of terrorism in South Asia, largely sponsored by Pakistan, and the Biden campaign's commitment to working closely with India as a "counter-terrorism partner."

Since the Trump campaign did not respond to the questionnaire, HAPAC will refrain from offering an official endorsement. Instead, HAPAC offers the full response from the Biden campaign here.

Cain Marko
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4513
Joined: 26 Jun 2005 10:26

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Cain Marko » 18 Sep 2020 05:21

mappunni wrote:
darshan wrote:Hindus in US? Gather 500 and present the idea. Probably no more than 10 will be there and the rest will hit the door as don't care issue.


Darshan Saar, This is the exact problem. HAF is working on mobilizing Hindus but is not as effective as it should need to be.

Yeah. I guess that is the case. Truly unfortunate.

Haresh
BRFite
Posts: 887
Joined: 30 Jun 2009 17:27

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Haresh » 18 Sep 2020 18:22

Just a quick thought and question re the Indian temples in the USA/Canada.

Do they offer nursery facilities ?

I just thought it would be a great opportunity to offer this and that way the little kids would be able to be taught about their religion/culture.
Childcare is very expensive.
Two birds could be knocked off with one stone.

1/ cheap child care.
2/ kids can learn and be attuned to their religion/culture

Some of these temples are huge. They must have the space.
My kids are to old, but If we had it then, I would have sent them there.

darshan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2715
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby darshan » 18 Sep 2020 18:26

Some do but most don't due to liability issues and issues with any allegations of abuses. Most big ones are afraid of false flags.

mappunni
BRFite
Posts: 269
Joined: 14 Jul 2017 19:07

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby mappunni » 18 Sep 2020 20:19

Raveen wrote:
Yup, that's the one. We need to have a North Texas meet, looks like there is plenty of us around.


I have tried organizing a Jirga in Naarth Tejas area, Maybe you should try this time.

Raveen
BRFite
Posts: 806
Joined: 18 Jun 2008 00:51
Location: 1/2 way between the gutter and the stars
Contact:

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Raveen » 18 Sep 2020 20:41

mappunni wrote:
Raveen wrote:
Yup, that's the one. We need to have a North Texas meet, looks like there is plenty of us around.


I have tried organizing a Jirga in Naarth Tejas area, Maybe you should try this time.


Happy to work with you - you've attempted this one so I am happy to do the legwork to at least have a virtual call/HH/meet for likeminded folks

mappunni
BRFite
Posts: 269
Joined: 14 Jul 2017 19:07

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby mappunni » 18 Sep 2020 21:24

Raveen wrote:
mappunni wrote:
I have tried organizing a Jirga in Naarth Tejas area, Maybe you should try this time.


Happy to work with you - you've attempted this one so I am happy to do the legwork to at least have a virtual call/HH/meet for likeminded folks


Not sure how to share private info to connect here since the GD board was taken off.

Mort Walker
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8691
Joined: 31 May 2004 11:31
Location: The rings around Uranus.

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Mort Walker » 19 Sep 2020 06:31

If Biden wants to get Indian-American votes then he should say that he would nominate Sri Srinivasan to fill the US Supreme Court position left by Ginsburg's death today. Sri Srinivasan is a Hindu and is a federal judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.

He got on the appeals court in a Senate vote of 97-0 under Obama in 2013. He was a contender for SCOTUS when Scalia died in 2016.

Haresh
BRFite
Posts: 887
Joined: 30 Jun 2009 17:27

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Haresh » 23 Sep 2020 15:44

I think the Americans need to be reminded of their past and present, when they put themselves on a pedestal and try to judge others.

"Get your own House in order, Congressmen! As posturing US politicians meddle in Elgin Marbles debate – Americans are urged to look at their own record of plundering antiquities, destroying Native Indian culture… and what about Guam?"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ecord.html

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14553
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby pankajs » 24 Sep 2020 15:10

https://twitter.com/samwestrop/status/1 ... 2274542597
1/ Emgage, a radical, Islamist-run group tied to Biden campaign, boasts of its work in Washington D.C. to demonize India.
2/ Claims to have sent 5,500 emails to Congress, lead over 60 meetings with Senate and House offices, helped organize two congressional hearings on Kashmir, and lobbied State Dept. and House Foreign Affairs Committee, inter alia.
3/ One of Emgage's board members is Farooq Mitha. https://emgageusa.org/board-member/farooq-mitha/ He's also a senior advisor to the Biden campaign. https://medium.com/muslims-for-jo
4/ In fact, he was brought into to replace a Hindu campaign official after the Islamists organized a campaign against him.
5/ No surprise that Biden, as a presidential candidate, is now addressing Emgage events (quite a scoop for an organization that was considered a nonentity just a year ago).
6/ It seems likely these anti-Indian extremists will have access to a Biden White House if he wins in November. But the Biden campaign is not intrinsically anti-Indian; Islamists instead find its sheer naivety on the subject far too easy to exploit.
7/ Indian-Americans (and everyone) *must* fight back against this. Don't let Islamist disinformation win, or you may have 4-8 years of anti-Hindu, anti-Indian extremists working out of federal departments, or advising at the White House.

george
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 14
Joined: 17 Jun 2020 13:12

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby george » 24 Sep 2020 15:20

Rony wrote:Call it election stunt or whatever but Biden's campaign responded while Tump's campaign brushed it off.

Hindu American PAC Presidential Endorsement Questionnaire

The Hindu American PAC (HAPAC), the only independent, non-partisan PAC representing the Hindu American community, sent both major party presidential campaigns a questionnaire addressing issues of contemporary concern. President Trump's campaign replied that the campaign would not be completing the questionnaire HAPAC created. Former Vice President Biden's campaign did consent to review the questionnaire, and then responded to all of the questions posed, and the response is published here in its entirety without alteration. To our knowledge, this is the first time a major party presidential candidate has responded to a questionnaire sent by a Hindu American group. Hindu American PAC appreciates the historic nature of this engagement by the Biden campaign.

HAPAC notes that the Biden campaign's answers specifically recognize that Hindu American students are being bullied on the basis of how Hinduism is misrepresented in classrooms and that this should be rectified; that crimes against Hindus and Hindu mandirs based on religion must be recognized as hate crimes; and the campaign expresses a commitment to ending country of origin caps for employment-based green cards. These domestic policy issues are of critical importance to the Hindu American community.

HAPAC also notes that in response to the final question posed to the campaign on cross-border terrorism sponsored by Pakistan in the Indian Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, t[b]he Biden campaign stated that the Biden-Harris administrations will have "no tolerance" for terrorism in South Asia, "cross-border or otherwise." We welcome this recognition of the scourge of terrorism in South Asia, largely sponsored by Pakistan, and the Biden campaign's commitment to working closely with India as a "counter-terrorism partner."[/b]

Since the Trump campaign did not respond to the questionnaire, HAPAC will refrain from offering an official endorsement. Instead, HAPAC offers the full response from the Biden campaign here.


How naive must one be to buy this tripe? Hindus will never learn.
Right now between the evangelist leaning GOP and the Jihadi infested Dems, it truly is the devil or the deep sea.

Vips
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2919
Joined: 14 Apr 2017 18:23

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Vips » 25 Sep 2020 06:53

Indo-US trade deal unlikely in next 4 yrs: Ex-White House economic adviser.

Despite India being an important partner for the US geopolitically, a bilateral free trade agreement (FTA) is unlikely in the next four years regardless of who wins the upcoming presidential elections, a former White House economic adviser said on Thursday.

Both US President Donald Trump and his opponent Joe Biden look at India amenably but have their own compulsions not to proceed with such a far-reaching deal, said Todd Buchholz, who served as the director of economic policy at the White House under president George H W Bush.

Earlier this month, Union Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal had said that India has given a "very good and balanced offer" to the US for such a pact.

"I find it difficult to imagine that in four years' time, there could be a FTA between the US and India," Buchholz said at an interaction organised by Axis Bank here.

He said while Trump travelled to India in February and shares a great relationship with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, he would be wary of going ahead with the deal as it could irk the American farmers and also because of the wage differentials.

His opponent Biden will be under pressure from the left-leaning supporters in the Democrat camp who will demand a lot from India, including higher wages, better working conditions and shorter hours of work which any emerging nation cannot afford, Buchholz argued.

Biden, who has a lead in opinion polls over Trump, is a multilateralist at heart and also part of the "Washington Consensus", but the pressure groups may prevent such a pact, he said.

Regarding the election outcomes, Buchholz, who has served under a Republican president, said he does not believe the opinion polls and Trump can swing the verdict to his favour late as well, given that the Presidential debates are yet to be held.

He also warned that if Biden wins the popular vote but loses due to the electoral college, there can be violent agitations on the streets by the Democrat supporters.

darshan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2715
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby darshan » 25 Sep 2020 07:54

American Hindus forced to buy recognition by Biden
https://m.hindustantimes.com/world-news ... uLBxI.html
Around $2mn was written in by “big donors” and $1.3mn came in from smaller donors, said Ramesh Kapur, a member of the Biden-Harris National Finance Committee 2020, who participated in Tuesday night’s fundraiser.
....
Some Indian Americans who wanted to “do more than just write cheques” also took the opportunity to press the former vice-president on his campaign’s position on Kashmir, CAA and the “lack of equal treatment” of Hindus, who don’t have a dedicated section on the campaign platform’s section titled “Joe’s Vision”.

There are various segments in that section of the website, which also explains Biden’s agenda for communities including Indian Americans, Muslims, Jews and catholic Christians.
...


UBanerjee
BRFite
Posts: 515
Joined: 20 Mar 2011 01:41
Location: Washington DC

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby UBanerjee » 25 Sep 2020 12:38

george wrote:
Rony wrote:Call it election stunt or whatever but Biden's campaign responded while Tump's campaign brushed it off.

Hindu American PAC Presidential Endorsement Questionnaire



How naive must one be to buy this tripe? Hindus will never learn.
Right now between the evangelist leaning GOP and the Jihadi infested Dems, it truly is the devil or the deep sea.


The devil, aka the evangelist GOP, is weak, and needs allies. bolstering them will increase the chances of open civil conflict in the USA which is honestly good for India (and the world).

The deep sea, on the other hand, has the real danger of colonizing India's best minds in universities. Turning Hindus into progressives means they are no longer Hindus in a very real sense. They are progressives who eat "Hindu food".


Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ashok Sarraff, RAMESHJ and 23 guests