India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
mappunni
BRFite

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Post by mappunni »

The more DemocRats keep dizzing Hindu Americans the more they are going to lose.

Why The Democratic Party is Bleeding Indian American Support

https://hinduamerican.medium.com/why-th ... 667dcb785f
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Vayutuvan wrote:
vimal wrote:That Omar chick is funded by Qataris
My point is that Ilhan Omar is a much harder nut to crack. As it is, India is unable to crack Rana Ayyub yet. I am hoping that Omar will be history in 2022.
I'm with you on this just pointing out that Illhan has deep financial and social backing from Ummah.
She married her own brother and took part in financial frauds. All that is brushed under the carpet. Unseating her is next to impossible atm.
Last edited by vimal on 15 Jun 2022 07:45, edited 1 time in total.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Vayutuvan wrote:
vimal wrote:That Omar chick is funded by Qataris
My point is that Ilhan Omar is a much harder nut to crack. As it is, India is unable to crack Rana Ayyub yet. I am hoping that Omar will be history in 2022.
she has primary challenge

https://www.minnpost.com/national/2022/ ... lhan-omar/
The race for Minnesota’s 5th Congressional District seat, currently held by U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar, is shaping up to be one of the state’s most interesting in the 2022 midterms. Omar is already facing several Republican candidates — Royce White, Cicely Davis and Shukri Abdirahman — but as of this week, Omar has a new challenger from her own party.

Don Samuels, 72, a community organizer who previously served as a member on the Minneapolis City Council and the Minneapolis Public Schools Board of Education, announced this week that he would be running to unseat Omar in the DFL primary.

Born and raised in Kingston, Jamaica, Samuels said he made a lifelong commitment to living in low-income communities to help build them up. That’s what he’s been doing since he and his wife decided to move to the North Minneapolis neighborhood they’ve called home for over two decades.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

vijayk wrote: she has primary challenge
Don Samuels, 72, a community organizer who previously served as a member on the Minneapolis City Council and the Minneapolis Public Schools Board of Education, announced this week that he would be running to unseat Omar in the DFL primary.

Born and raised in Kingston, Jamaica, Samuels said he made a lifelong commitment to living in low-income communities to help build them up.
Fantastic. I can't bear her stuffed-up constipated face (similar to Karan Thapar's constipated face :mrgreen: ). :rotfl:
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

https://twitter.com/HinduAmerican/statu ... 0444864513
#Alert: Multiple reports from NJ, PA & NY temples of groups of females entering during off-hours, masquerading as devotees or curious visitors. They then attempt to enter sanctum, encircle priest/staff, threaten & brandish knives. Multiple temples reporting large sum robberies.
https://twitter.com/HinduAmerican/statu ... 13/photo/1

https://twitter.com/HinduAmerican/statu ... 13/photo/2
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

(In case you are a US-based NRI thinking that mass-level violence and brigandage by Muslims is only a problem for Indian Hindus).
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

US becomes India's largest trade partner, is India-China trade decoupling?
India's Ministry of Commerce and Industry latest data shows that the US has become India's largest trading partner, exceeding China with bilateral trade reaching USD 119.42 billion.

From the breakdown data, India's trade exports to the US increased from about USD 51.62 billion in the previous fiscal year to USD 76.11 billion, while imports increased from about USD 29 billion to about USD 43.31 billion.

India's major exports to the US include polished diamonds, pharmaceutical products, jewellery, light oil and petroleum, frozen shrimp, cosmetics and more. India's imports from the United States are mainly oil, liquefied natural gas, gold, coal, recycled products and scrap iron, large almonds, etc.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

WA

Do you know there is NO United States ambassador to India at this time & it’s been over 18 months and counting since Biden took over presidency.

This is the longest gap, 2nd longest was 16 months in 1993 when India-US relation were tense then due to nuclear-weapon proliferation.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

chetak wrote:WA

Do you know there is NO United States ambassador to India at this time & it’s been over 18 months and counting since Biden took over presidency.

This is the longest gap, 2nd longest was 16 months in 1993 when India-US relation were tense then due to nuclear-weapon proliferation.
The Xiden admin may rush in a BIF type ambassador before the Senate control goes to the opposition. GoI needs sufficient time to vet such candidates.

#FJB
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Most candidates withdrew or had scandals.
Problem with making it a politician appointment.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

US-based folks, please click the link and sign the form letter to email your Congressional Representative.

https://cohna.org/oppose-hres1196/
Urging you to Oppose Hinduphobic and Biased House Resolution 1196
As a resident of your district and a supporter of the Coalition of Hindus of North America (CoHNA), I am writing to urge you to oppose House Resolution 1196[1], introduced by Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN). The highly Hinduphobic and biased resolution calls upon the US Congress to designate India as a “country of particular concern” and condemn it for alleged human rights violations against minorities.

The bill’s language is inflammatory and creates the false idea of Hindus as an intolerant and oppressive community engaged in mass violence against Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Dalits, Adivasis and other cultural minorities. For a country of over 1.3 billion people and home to one of the largest Muslim population in the world, such claims come up as nothing short of bigotry against Hinduism and Hindus.

In fact, Rep. Omar has had a history of peddling such bigotry against Hindus and people of Indian origin. Her most recent unofficial trip to Pakistan also came under scrutiny and fire, and she has been questioned[2] for her silence on atrocities against minorities (including Shias, Ahmadiyas, Christians, Hindus and Sikhs) in Pakistan while slamming India for alleged human rights violations.

She has also been called out by members of her own party for her antisemitic comments[3], which they deemed “offensive” and “misguided.” Her antisemitic views go back at least a decade. Not to mention, she refused to acknowledge the Armenian genocide[4], one of the greatest tragedies of the 20th century.

But, let me share with you some important facts about India and its social dynamics in order to highlight the rich diversity and religious freedom for all in the country:

India’s highest leaders continue to be drawn from a diverse set of backgrounds, crossing barriers of class and community -
Ram Nath Kovind, the current honorable President of India, comes from the Dalit community,[5] and is the second Dalit President of India, after honorable KR Narayanan.
India’s Prime Minister Modi similarly comes from a marginalized community and its previous Prime Minister hailed from the Sikh faith.
More recently, Droupadi Murmu, who belongs to the Santhali Adivasi tribe, is set to become the first Indian President from a tribal background[6]. She was also the first woman Governor of the Indian State of Jharkhand. Her nomination is being supported by a large number of political parties in India-across the ideological spectrum, making this another historic moment for a diverse nation that is rich in its religious and cultural heritage.
Consider the data by Pew Research - A major survey conducted by Pew Research in 2021[7] conclusively showed that “...Indians of all these religious backgrounds overwhelmingly say they are very free to practice their faiths.” - This includes 89% of Muslims, 89% of Christians and 82% of Sikhs. Religious tolerance was also an overwhelmingly positive trait practiced by Indians of all faiths.
In the same survey, an overwhelming majority of Indian Muslims (95%) said that they are proud to be Indian, while 83% of Indian Muslims believed that, while Indian culture is not perfect, it is still better than others out there.
The Pew Survey also noted that a majority of Sikhs do not see widespread discrimination against their community.
Finally, the Pew Survey also demonstrated that two-thirds of those who identify themselves as Dalits or Adivasis do not see widespread discrimination against their communities.[8]
Hindus deliberately left out - Rep. Omar’s resolution follows a pattern of Hinduphobic rhetoric that has become increasingly prominent in the American mainstream. The resolution conveniently ignores the atrocities faced by Hindus in parts of India. Hindu places of worship are desecrated in large numbers[9]. Institutions routinely fail to protect Hindus that are arbitrarily accused of blasphemy. Due to the current laws, Hindus in many parts of India cannot govern or control their places of worship unlike their non-Hindu counterparts[10]. Hindu minorities in Kashmir face attacks from terrorists and Islamists backed by Pakistan. In June alone, terrorists gunned several Kashmiri Hindus, forcing over 150 families to flee the valley[11]. The situation of Kashmiri Hindus continues to remain dire, and their hopes of returning to their homeland in peace squashed again and again. That this resolution omits human rights of Hindus or the restrictions on their religious freedom reeks of bigotry against Hindus.
Compare India to its neighboring countries - It is also important to compare India to its neighboring countries, where gross human rights violations occur on a daily basis, and the percentage of minorities has declined rapidly over the decades, even as India has seen the reverse-with minorities increasing as a percentage share of India’s population.
For example, in Pakistan, over 1000 Christian, Hindu and Sikh girls (including Dalit girls) are raped, kidnapped, and converted to Islam on a yearly basis[12]. These girls, some as young as ten or twelve years of age, are even shackled in chains! Pakistan’s blasphemy laws[13] are the most egregious in the world and are routinely used by Islamists to target, lynch and murder innocent minorities, including Dalits, Christians, and women.
The situation in Bangladesh is no different. In 2021, Bangladesh saw major violence erupt against the country’s Hindu minority[14] over an alleged blasphemy incident, resulting in the destruction of numerous Hindu temples. This occurred as the Hindu community began celebrating Durga Pooja, the largest Hindu festival in the country. It’s also a country where the Hindu minority has declined steeply from 24% in 1951 to 8% in 2011, something folks targeting India often ignore.
And, finally, Afghanistan has witnessed systemic targeting and cleansing of its Hindu and Sikh populations by Islamists, with the most recent attack on a Sikh Gurudwara in Kabul[15]. After the attack, India once again jumped in to offer succor to those persecuted[16] groups. A June 2022 UN Security Council Meeting sounded the alarm on the plummeting humanitarian conditions of women, girls and minorities in the country[17], warning that they “...are being written out of society.”
Shouldn’t we focus on helping these women and religious/ethinic minorities who are on the brink of extinction in India’s neighborhood, rather than targeting a nation that has sheltered minorities from various religious and cultural backgrounds throughout its history and continues to do so even today?

Noting the role of India in welcoming Jews and other persecuted minorities throughout history, Kenneth Robbins, an expert on Jews and minorities in India has remarked that India has been a place where not only Jews, but other minorities were able to flourish[18].

Like the United States, a vibrant democracy like India has its own set of domestic issues and complex politics that often create tensions between different communities. However, such internal sovereign issues of another country should in no way become the business of our nation, especially when that country is a friendly and strategically important ally in Asia. By targeting our allies, we risk alienation and a souring of relations at a time when our nation is fighting important geopolitical challenges across the world.

Rep. Omar’s Hinduphobic resolution is therefore aimed at creating fissures between the United States and India. It also legitimizes biased information from groups known to hate Hindus and India.

I urge you to oppose HRes. 1196 in the strongest terms and ensure that our nation focuses on helping those vulnerable minorities who are nearing extinction.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Done Sir.
Gautam
Kedar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Kedar »

g.sarkar wrote:Done Sir.
Gautam
I also did yesterday. Also made a donation.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Done
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

I can't get the form to work - not in Chrome nor in FF. I am on Fedora 34. I can't enter the "state" which is required.
Should I try Windows? Somebody should inform CoHNA.
Kedar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Kedar »

Vayutuvan wrote:I can't get the form to work - not in Chrome nor in FF. I am on Fedora 34. I can't enter the "state" which is required.
Should I try Windows? Somebody should inform CoHNA.
I believe I used Microsoft Edge. For BR I use Microsoft so when I clicked on the link it must have gone directly thru that.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

@HinduAmerican · 19 Jun

#Alert: Multiple reports from NJ, PA & NY temples of groups of females entering during off-hours, masquerading as devotees or curious visitors. They then attempt to enter sanctum, encircle priest/staff, threaten & brandish knives. Multiple temples reporting large sum robberies.

https://pic.twitter.com/uIRxkXbTJi

https://pic.twitter.com/uIRxkXbTJi

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Curious that the date at the bottom right says "4 July 2022".
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Kedar wrote:I believe I used Microsoft Edge. For BR I use Microsoft so when I clicked on the link it must have gone directly thru that.
I will try MS computer then. But they need to fix this as many Hindu-Indians work in jobs that use some kind of *nix.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Vayutuvan wrote:Curious that the date at the bottom right says "4 July 2022".
that may be the date of issue/release of the magazine.

articles are obviously submitted in advance
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/ilhan- ... k-concert/
Ilhan Omar Booed by Hometown Crowd at ‘Somali Week’ Concert
Robert Schmad • July 5, 2022

Progressive squad member Ilhan Omar (D., Minn.) was nearly booed off stage Saturday by Somali-American concertgoers at a concert in Minneapolis.
As Omar was invited on stage at the Minneapolis Target Center to present an award to a Somali singer, the crowd erupted into shouting. Individuals could be heard yelling "go home," "get out," and "get the ****** out of here." Omar and the entertainers on stage spent at least two minutes trying to get the booing under control. Whenever Omar would speak, the booing would intensify, and concertgoers could be seen gesturing the thumbs-down signal. The concert coincided with "Somali Week," a Minnesota celebration commemorating Somalia's independence from colonial rule.
Though Omar holds a safe blue seat in Minneapolis, she is relatively unpopular with her constituents. The Democrat, who is Somali-American herself, underperformed President Joe Biden by 16 points in the 2020 election, the largest underperformance of any congressional Democrat that cycle. Omar is less popular nationally. A poll conducted by Rasmussen found that 61 percent of voters disagreed with the congresswoman’s "anti-American rhetoric" after she suggested the United States was comparable to Islamic terrorist organizations.
Gautam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvch7sO ... nnel=NewsX
Islamist Lobbyist Ilhan Omar Exposed | Time To Call Out This Hinduphobic Hypocrite? | NewsX
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

^^^Most probably for her comment on Gay rights and support for Pride month
https://www.opindia.com/2022/06/us-lawm ... nth-lgbtq/
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

Nothing to do with India, Posting for the sheer macabre/bizarreness:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/color ... 0118f76351
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.opindia.com/2022/06/us-lawm ... nth-lgbtq/
Shaitan ki behen and ‘Qaafir’: US lawmaker Ilhan Omar faces attacks from Islamists on Social Media for celebrating ‘Pride Month’
OpIndia Staff, 6 June, 2022

On June 2 (local time) United States lawmaker Ilhan Omar published a tweet in support of the LGBTQ+ community. Notably, the world is celebrating ‘Pride Month’ to celebrate the LGBTQ+ community and to fight ‘discrimination’ against them. In her tweet, Omar said, “Happy Pride Month! We won’t stop fighting until all LGBTQ+ Americans can live free from discrimination.”
Her tweet did not go down well with the members of the Muslim community who expressed their ‘disgust’ in comments and quotes over her views.
Twitter user Islamicize wrote, “The way organizations still scramble to get hold of her for their events is a shameful show of weakness and absence of gheerah for the deen. How have any scholars still not takfired her is beyond my comprehension.”
Another Twitter user Muhammad Sattar Khan said, “What kind of Muslim are you, don’t you feel fear of Allah and his messenger Muhammad (peace be upon him)?”
Gautam
I could not have put it better.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ameriki pappu......

are these pappus trained centrally or what...........

@kellytx2 · Jul 6

U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris said: "Gas prices are high due to gas prices not being low as before.

To get back to lower prices we have to acknowledge gas is high which is the opposite of low."
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

chetak wrote:ameriki pappu......

are these pappus trained centrally or what...........

@kellytx2 · Jul 6

U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris said: "Gas prices are high due to gas prices not being low as before.

To get back to lower prices we have to acknowledge gas is high which is the opposite of low."
Seems this is not true.

https://checkyourfact.com/2022/04/05/fa ... ice-quote/
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Kwame Ture is talking about African-American elected officials. But same can be applied for Indian-American elected officials. Watch the video

https://twitter.com/JazzyDaddyDolla/sta ... KlhjsYJJiw : “They give us visibility but no power...Power can only come from the organized masses"
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

No wonder they are known as the ugly americans, and BTW, when did we become their colony

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... s?from=mdr
India objects to US consulate's direct letter to Mumbai Port Authority
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

^^^It’s deliberate to sabotage India-US relations. The memo/letter was most likely drafted by some woke-gender-confused liberal arts / law flunkey.

I think MEA is smart enough to see this. At a minimum they should politely ask Blinken to reassign said flunkey somewhere else.

#FJB
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

I think all these woke scums are relying on our dumb/corrupt slave media to blow things up. I have seen Su Su's daughter Suhasini Hyder crapping all over on one statement from Maldives or Mauritius ... Now with whatsapp, IT cells put the statement of these nikkamma news into messages
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/u ... 2022-07-15
US House passes Ro Khanna’s historic amendment on sanctions waiver to India
The US House of Representatives approved a legislative amendment by Congressman Ro Khanna, paving the way for an India-specific waiver for the CAATSA sanctions.
Geeta Mohan , New Delhi, July 15, 2022

The United States House of Representatives approved Indian-origin Congressman Ro Khanna’s amendment to the National Defence Authorization Act (NDAA) on Thursday, paving the way for an India-specific waiver for the CAATSA sanctions.
The Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA) became a sticking point in India-US ties after New Delhi inked a deal to secure the S-400 missile defence system from Moscow, in the midst of the Russia-Ukraine war. Washington had been mulling whether to apply or waive sanctions on India over the deal.
Enacted by the US Congress in 2017, CAATSA provides for punitive actions against any country engaged in transactions with Russian defence and intelligence sectors.
CAATSA WAIVER FOR INDIA
The amendment to the NDAA was passed by voice vote as part of an en bloc amendment during floor consideration of the NDAA. While it doesn’t equal a decision on CAATSA, it urges the administration to grant a waiver only to India.
Afterwards, Ro Khanna said the move will further strengthen US and India's defence partnership.
"There is no relationship of greater significance to US strategic interests than the US-India partnership. My bipartisan NDAA amendment marks the most significant piece of legislation for US-India relations out of Congress since the US-India nuclear deal," he said.
The Khanna amendment will affirm the United States’ partnership with India and urge the Biden administration to use their authority to provide India with a CAATSA waiver to help deter aggressors like China.
Gautam
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Ro Khanna is playing both sides as always. During the CAA and Agro-Dalal Riots, he was on the forefront of the Modi-bashing brigade, citing his ancestor Vidyalankar who was apparently a "freedom fighter" and loudly lamenting the danger to secularism and democracy in India.

Now he wants Indian American $$ to help him in the November 2022 re-election campaign. So he pulls strings in the Democratic party and makes sure his name is attached to the CAATSA waiver amendment, which the US was going to give India ANYWAY. And of course the Indian Americans will open up their wallets because see see, he is so pro-India.

Filthy crook. Do not doubt for one minute where he really stands: alongside Rashida Tlaib, Ilhan Omar, AOC, and the rest of the Jihadi Death Squad.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Ro Khanna is only serving US interests. This is at the initiative of the deep state.

The Indian slaves get a house negro to look upto.

Indian interests don't enter into his calculations.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

chetak wrote:..... BTW, when did we become their colony

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... s?from=mdr
India objects to US consulate's direct letter to Mumbai Port Authority

The game looks like putting sanctions on Indian entities dealing with Russian oil.
The old game of US SD.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

g.sarkar wrote:https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/u ... 2022-07-15
US House passes Ro Khanna’s historic amendment on sanctions waiver to India
The US House of Representatives approved a legislative amendment by Congressman Ro Khanna, paving the way for an India-specific waiver for the CAATSA sanctions.
Geeta Mohan , New Delhi, July 15, 2022

The United States House of Representatives approved Indian-origin Congressman Ro Khanna’s amendment to the National Defence Authorization Act (NDAA) on Thursday, paving the way for an India-specific waiver for the CAATSA sanctions.
The Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA) became a sticking point in India-US ties after New Delhi inked a deal to secure the S-400 missile defence system from Moscow, in the midst of the Russia-Ukraine war. Washington had been mulling whether to apply or waive sanctions on India over the deal.
Enacted by the US Congress in 2017, CAATSA provides for punitive actions against any country engaged in transactions with Russian defence and intelligence sectors.
CAATSA WAIVER FOR INDIA
The amendment to the NDAA was passed by voice vote as part of an en bloc amendment during floor consideration of the NDAA. While it doesn’t equal a decision on CAATSA, it urges the administration to grant a waiver only to India.
Afterwards, Ro Khanna said the move will further strengthen US and India's defence partnership.
"There is no relationship of greater significance to US strategic interests than the US-India partnership. My bipartisan NDAA amendment marks the most significant piece of legislation for US-India relations out of Congress since the US-India nuclear deal," he said.
The Khanna amendment will affirm the United States’ partnership with India and urge the Biden administration to use their authority to provide India with a CAATSA waiver to help deter aggressors like China.
Gautam
CAATSA was put into place by Democrats to constrain Trump. Now that he is gone, they have this law on their books which they have to enforce if they believe in a rules-based order.
India is buying S-400 for air defence, not for fun. The LAC is warm since 2020.

And US needs India in the Quad for without a land partner QUAD only treads water in the oceans.
Makes good movies but does not real difference.
And S-400 is almost delivered.
So the dilemma is what to do with CAATSSA?
In comes Ro Khanna with a shaky Hindu American base in Fremont where anger at his drama is mounting.
So he gets to propose this CAATSA waiver and fool the Fremont Hindus into re-electing him in November.

Basically it makes a virtue out of fait accompli!!!

Also makes you wonder how US foreign policy can be bent to help their Congressmen electorally.
Banana Skin Republic.
Its a slippery slope that Democrats have embarked on. Not good for America.

Reminder don't vote for this green toad.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Ro Khanna is a crook. He engaged in a lot of gratuitous virtue-signaling and Hindutva-bashing at the time of CAA and Agro-Brokers agitations. Now that he wants Indian American $$ for his November 22 campaign, he is suddenly positioning himself as the great saviour of India from CATSAA sanctions (something which Biden sarkar was going to do anyway).
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Ramanaji,
My thoughts exactly. Putting Ro Khanna's name on CAATSA amendment was a taquia of a low IQ person. I do not know who appoints/selects people like Ro Khanna and Richard Verma in the hope that India will be impressed by such selection. Appointing Wogs (Westernized Oriental Gentleman) may work for countries such as China, but not for India, where language is not a barrier, and we are familiar with the nuances of Western politics and diplomacy. If given a choice, I will vote for someone who is openly American and supporting Western interests, rather than some one that pretends to be a Hindu and an Indian to get my vote, but is neither.
Gautam