India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Post by sanman »

sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

vijayk wrote:There is some woke garbage lady in Chennai consulate working with DMK and other divisive entities printing anti-Hindi/Bihari T-shirts in TN and KA.
US opening a consulate in Chennai had started my alarm bells ringing. It should have not been allowed to do so.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Meanwhile the peacefuls have got their fundamentals right

They focus on the actual land and not the virtual space...
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

You got to give it to them though! They are relentless!!
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

Manish_P wrote:Meanwhile the peacefuls have got their fundamentals right

They focus on the actual land and not the virtual space...

Next they should do this in front of Bukingham palace with kings Guards joining
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Thats a pretty good summary of India's position on Iraq war. I remember strong arguments for and against here on BRF, and the majority opinion sided with PM Vajpayee's decision. It took a lot of clear headed thinking and confidence in India's ability to ride out whatever may happen next, while not compromising on its principles. And how the decision was conveyed and further events managed to our advantage. Thats an excellent example of high quality statesmanship and diplomacy at work. Even in those days, there weren't many world leaders who had the stature to stop and think before falling in line in response to US whistle call, except France.

Whats funny is how well India remembers it, and how easily the US forgets it (or acts like it did) and puts huge pressure on India about supporting Ukraine in this day !

Alas there are not many true statesmen or diplomats left in the world today, years of servitude in alliances and coalitions of the willing expunges all that from the strongest countries - once again France is a good but sad example. But to be a good statesman you need to have a "good" character, a moral compass and a dash of humility. Chiraq had a good bit of it, and it has been downhill ever since.

side note: Macron killed the career diplomat structure itself at the Quai d'Orsay and started naming whomsoever he chooses as envoys à l'Américain and you see the pathetic result today. Thats one more reason I'm so skeptical about Garcetti. When someone has no understanding or experience of the job they are expected to do, they revert to what the can do best and call it the best job ever done.

Its not surprising - though by no means easy, that NaMo and DrSJ are able to navigate through the current geopolitical landscape without really breaking sweat.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

sanjayc wrote:
vijayk wrote:There is some woke garbage lady in Chennai consulate working with DMK and other divisive entities printing anti-Hindi/Bihari T-shirts in TN and KA.
US opening a consulate in Chennai had started my alarm bells ringing. It should have not been allowed to do so.
Huh? It has been there for decades.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

yensoy wrote:
sanjayc wrote: US opening a consulate in Chennai had started my alarm bells ringing. It should have not been allowed to do so.

chennai was one of shillary's whistle stops when JJ was the CM

there is certainly something of interest to the ameriki deep state that is happening there as it is in kolkata too.

Easy to conclude that it is the obvious reason but why would shillary visit jj personally as indeed she also visited mumtaz bano.

something doesn't sit right
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

yensoy wrote:
sanjayc wrote: US opening a consulate in Chennai had started my alarm bells ringing. It should have not been allowed to do so.
My bad. It was Hyderabad consulate I was worried about. It is the largest US consulate in Asia. Chennai and Hyderabad ... both hotbeds of evangelical operations. These together with Kolkata consulate lie like a string of pearls over the belt earmarked for conversion and infested with church-created Maoist insurgency. Only Delhi and Mumbai consulates are legitimate -- rest are for mischief. So much presence of US diplomats inside India is just inviting a breakup of the country
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Lots going on it seems even as we wait for Garcetti to descend on Delhi:
Can someone please post links to the 2: articles Alexander is referring to?
Thanks
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Regarding consulates - for a long time, US mattered more to India and Indians than India to the US. They were built because millions of us were seeking US visas, benefiting both countries, though who gained more time will tell.

In the recent years India started mattering more and more for the US and it's only to be expected they will use their centers of presence for certain ends. While consulates are sovereign US territory (reciprocal is true as well) they are tiny specks in mighty Bharat. Every country deploys some means to keep a watch on foreign consulates, rest assured we do too.

Remember, the more we grow in stature, the more attention we will get, of all types. We will grow a bigger pair and deal with it. So folks, relax and chill a bit :)
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

sanjayc wrote:
yensoy wrote: Huh? It has been there for decades.
My bad. It was Hyderabad consulate I was worried about. It is the largest US consulate in Asia. Chennai and Hyderabad ... both hotbeds of evangelical operations. These together with Kolkata consulate lie like a string of pearls over the belt earmarked for conversion and infested with church-created Maoist insurgency. Only Delhi and Mumbai consulates are legitimate -- rest are for mischief. So much presence of US diplomats inside India is just inviting a breakup of the country
Consulate opening is a reciprocal thing. We got a new one in Atlanta and they got it in Hyderabad. We have a huge population who do Visa paperwork in all these consolates and it is impractical to make all of them go to Mumbai or Delhi to get their Visas stamped/reviewed etc. Besides whatever religious ops the US/Brits/Middle East people did have to do with big holes in both the FCRA law and its implementation. Without that money, such a massive operation is not possible with whatever diplomatic staff they have in these consulates. The current govt is plugging those holes is my hope. Covid also helped a bit to clean up our own Visa process is what I am hearing. As others mentioned, the more we grow into a pole, we should have the wherewithal to deal with such issues in a more confident way. In short, our own coloniality is a major enemy compared to any other foreign power.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Posting this here since quite interesting points are made about what drives US foreign policy and how decisions are made these days useful for India

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

See her hate for india and Hinduism here. Her fake survey and alarmist data informs the Cisco caste case, the CA SB403
https://mobile.twitter.com/RichaGotham/status/164398
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

US Caste Discrimination Case Against 2 Indian-Origin Engineers Dismissed
https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/us-cast ... ed-3938822
The California Civil Rights Department (CRD) has dismissed a caste discrimination case against two Indian-origin Cisco engineers, a decision welcomed by the Hindu American foundation
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HG8C9D ... view?pli=1

Everyone in India should read this, look at what a Indian in USA has to profess or declare to escape from caste case. He almost if not actually disowned his religion and identity . This is a legal document not an opinion piece. https://t.co/FchRlHCqE9
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

vijayk wrote:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HG8C9D ... view?pli=1

Everyone in India should read this, look at what a Indian in USA has to profess or declare to escape from caste case. He almost if not actually disowned his religion and identity . This is a legal document not an opinion piece. https://t.co/FchRlHCqE9
Let's not shoot ourselves in the foot here.

- The guy Iyer here is stating facts under oath and penalty of perjury, as part of his defense. If he did not get his upanayanam performed or does not practice sanatan dharma, that is absolutely his personal choice and he is stating that as part of his defense. He can't be making it up (if he is, then he will be in trouble as the case unfolds).

- Secondly, it is plain that he is calling out the falsehood of the "dalit" guy's accusations. On the face of it, it seems Iyer has a strong case. In fact, we want such cases to fall flat and lead to reverse lawsuits seeking compensation/damages, so that everyone (including the courts) will plainly see this whole thing is a hoax and will not infect the rest of the US.

- Finally, this document is 2 years old. Can you provide further details on the case ? PS: I searched it myself and found this fake case against Iyer was dismissed yesterday. The company Cisco still has a case against it.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

KL Dubey wrote:
vijayk wrote:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HG8C9D ... view?pli=1

Let's not shoot ourselves in the foot here.

- The guy Iyer here is stating facts under oath and penalty of perjury, as part of his defense. If he did not get his upanayanam performed or does not practice sanatan dharma, that is absolutely his personal choice and he is stating that as part of his defense. He can't be making it up (if he is, then he will be in trouble as the case unfolds).

- Secondly, it is plain that he is calling out the falsehood of the "dalit" guy's accusations. On the face of it, it seems Iyer has a strong case. In fact, we want such cases to fall flat and lead to reverse lawsuits seeking compensation/damages, so that everyone (including the courts) will plainly see this whole thing is a hoax and will not infect the rest of the US.

- Finally, this document is 2 years old. Can you provide further details on the case ? PS: I searched it myself and found this fake case against Iyer was dismissed yesterday. The company Cisco still has a case against it.
They dismissed the case.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

There are tons of Indians in USA who want to get faster access to green cards and citizenships by claiming human rights abuse at the hands of other Indians. There is a huge racket of lawyers and employees who are involved in this. The movement from xtians, khalistanis to now dalits.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

KL Dubey wrote:
This is now a fairly major news -- The case is dismissed... (Actually as California's corrupt "Civil Rights Department" which was pursuing the case - when sued in Federal court by HAF for violating Civil rights of Hindus - dropped the case - they are actually in big trouble --- doesn't makeup the few years nightmare they caused for 2 Californians but they are now exposed and are losing big)

More details/background of the case, see: Caste discrimination case against Indian-origin Cisco engineers dismissed
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Why Indian Immigrants Become Rich and Raise Successful Kids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eMLAFV4cx8
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Really?

https://apnews.com/article/california-s ... acb8e69362

Dupré said all of the men arrested are part of California’s Sikh community and were members of one of two rival groups whose feud was fueled by intense personal connections.

That tribal village vendetta culture has also been imported. Of course you may say, but they are Panjabis.

(Which is why I don't call myself a Panjabi).
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

sanjaykumar wrote:Really?
It is a generalisation. Americans tend to like that sort of thing.

To be honest, I hate Punjab, I went to school briefly in Shimla, I relate much more to Himachal than Punjab.

This sort of behaviour is going to be clamped down upon pretty hard by western authorities. It is the sort of behaviour that is tolerated in the Jungle Raj of Punjab, but not in the west.

Just do a YouTube search for "mob violence in Punjab" truly gruesome. They have to be taught that they just cannot behave like that anymore. Deport them and publicise it. the news will filter through and slowly the behaviour will change.
The problem is, they are just used to impunity in Punjab.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

I wonder how many more Hindus of panjab are searching for connections to Haryana, Jammu, Kashmir, himachal and rajasthan?

I know some of the kul is in the mountains of himachal and uttarkhand. I will have to go the ancestral depository and ascertain the origins of the clan.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Good article except for quoting Barking Dutt of all people!
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Cyrano wrote:Good article except for quoting Barking Dutt of all people!
One of the few honest journalists left.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

Ashley Tellis's Constipation: America’s Bad Bet on India.

For the past two decades, Washington has made an enormous bet in the Indo-Pacific—that treating India as a key partner will help the United States in its geopolitical rivalry with China. From George W. Bush onward, successive U.S. presidents have bolstered India’s capabilities on the assumption that doing so automatically strengthens the forces that favor freedom in Asia.

The administration of President Joe Biden has enthusiastically embraced this playbook. In fact, it has taken it one step further: the administration has launched an ambitious new initiative to expand India’s access to cutting-edge technologies, further deepened defense cooperation, and made the Quad (Quadrilateral Security Dialogue), which includes Australia, India, Japan, and the United States, a pillar of its regional strategy. It has also overlooked India’s democratic erosion and its unhelpful foreign policy choices, such as its refusal to condemn Moscow’s ongoing aggression in Ukraine. It has done all of this on the presumption that New Delhi will respond favorably when Washington calls in a favor during a regional crisis involving China.

Washington’s current expectations of India are misplaced. India’s significant weaknesses compared with China, and its inescapable proximity to it, guarantee that New Delhi will never involve itself in any U.S. confrontation with Beijing that does not directly threaten its own security. India values cooperation with Washington for the tangible benefits it brings but does not believe that it must, in turn, materially support the United States in any crisis—even one involving a common threat such as China.

The fundamental problem is that the United States and India have divergent ambitions for their security partnership. As it has done with allies across the globe, Washington has sought to strengthen India’s standing within the liberal international order and, when necessary, solicit its contributions toward coalition defense. Yet New Delhi sees things differently. It does not harbor any innate allegiance toward preserving the liberal international order and retains an enduring aversion toward participating in mutual defense. It seeks to acquire advanced technologies from the United States to bolster its own economic and military capabilities and thus facilitate its rise as a great power capable of balancing China independently, but it does not presume that American assistance imposes any further obligations on itself.

As the Biden administration proceeds to expand its investment in India, it should base its policies on a realistic assessment of Indian strategy and not on any delusions of New Delhi becoming a comrade-in-arms during some future crisis with Beijing.

FAST FRIENDS
For most of the Cold War, India and the United States did not engage in any serious conversations on national defense, as New Delhi attempted to escape the entanglements of joining either the U.S. or the Soviet bloc. The two countries’ security relationship only flourished after Bush offered India a transformative civil nuclear agreement.

Thanks to that breakthrough, U.S.-Indian security cooperation today is breathtaking in its intensity and scope. The first and most visible aspect is defense consultations. The two countries’ civilian leaders, as well as their bureaucracies, maintain a regular dialogue on a variety of topics, including China policy, India’s procurement of advanced U.S. military technologies, maritime surveillance, and undersea warfare. These conversations vary in quality and depth but are critical for reviewing strategic assessments, defining the parameters of desired cooperation, and devising tools for policy implementation. As a result, the United States and India work together in ways that would have been unimaginable during the Cold War. For example, they cooperate to monitor China’s economic and military activities throughout the wider Indian Ocean region and have recently invested in mechanisms to share near-real-time information about shipping movements in the Indo-Pacific region with other littoral states.

A second area of success has been military-to-military collaboration, much of which takes place outside public view. The programs for senior officer visits, bilateral or multilateral military exercises, and reciprocal military training have all expanded dramatically during the past two decades. High-profile exercises most visibly exemplify the scale and diversity of this expanded relationship: the annual Malabar exercises, which bring together the U.S. and Indian navies, have now expanded to permanently include Japan and Australia; the Cope India exercises provide an opportunity for the U.S. and Indian air forces to practice advanced air operations; and the Yudh Abhyas series involves the land forces in both command post and field training activities.

Finally, U.S. firms have enjoyed notable success in penetrating the Indian defense market. India’s military has gone from having virtually no U.S. weapons in its inventory some two decades ago to now featuring American transport and maritime aircraft, utility and combat helicopters, and antiship missiles and artillery guns. U.S.-Indian defense trade, which was negligible around the turn of the century, reached over $20 billion in 2020.

But the era of major platform acquisitions from the United States has probably run its course. U.S. companies remain contenders in several outstanding Indian procurement programs, but it seems unlikely that they will ever enjoy a dominant market share in India’s defense imports. The problems are entirely structural. For all of India’s intensifying security threats, its defense procurement budget is still modest in comparison with the overall Western market. The demands of economic development have prevented India’s elected governments from increasing defense expenditures in ways that might permit vastly expanded military acquisitions from the United States. The cost of U.S. defense systems is generally higher than that of other suppliers because of their advanced technology, an advantage that is not always sufficiently attractive for India. Finally, New Delhi’s demand that U.S. companies shift from selling equipment to producing it with local partners in India—requiring the transfer of intellectual property—often proves to be commercially unattractive, given the small Indian defense market.

INDIA GOES IT ALONE
While U.S.-Indian security cooperation has enjoyed marked success, the larger defense partnership still faces important challenges. Both nations seek to leverage their deepening ties to limit China’s assertiveness, but there is still a significant divide in how they aim to accomplish that purpose.

The U.S. goal in military-to-military cooperation is interoperability: the Pentagon wants to be able to integrate a foreign military in combined operations as part of coalition warfare. India, however, rejects the idea that its armed forces will participate in any combined military operation outside of a UN umbrella. Consequently, it has resisted investing in meaningful operational integration, especially with the U.S. armed forces, because it fears jeopardizing its political autonomy or signaling a shift toward a tight political alignment with Washington. As a result, the bilateral military exercises may improve the tactical proficiency of the units involved but do not expand interoperability to the level that would be required in major combined operations against a capable adversary.

India’s view of military cooperation, which emphasizes nurturing diversified international ties, represents a further challenge. India treats military exercises more as political symbols than investments in increasing operational proficiency and, as a result, practices with numerous partners at varying levels of sophistication. On the other hand, the United States emphasizes relatively intense military exercises with a smaller set of counterparts.

New Delhi has now prioritized Washington’s support for its defense industrial ambitions
India’s priority has been to receive American assistance in building up its own national capabilities so it can deal with threats independently. The two sides have come a long way on this by, for example, bolstering India’s intelligence capabilities about Chinese military activities along the Himalayan border and in the Indian Ocean region. The existing arrangements for intelligence sharing are formally structured for reciprocity, and New Delhi does share whatever it believes to be useful. But because U.S. collection capabilities are so superior, the flow of usable information often ends up being one way.

Under Prime Minister Narendra Modi, India has increasingly focused on defense industrial cooperation as the key driver of its security partnership with the United States. Its underlying objective is to secure technological autonomy: ever since its founding as a modern state, India has sought to achieve mastery over all critical defense, dual-use, and civilian technologies and, toward that end, built up large public sector enterprises that were intended to become global leaders. Because this dream still remains unrealized, New Delhi has now prioritized Washington’s support for its defense industrial ambitions in tandem with similar partnerships forged with France, Israel, Russia, and other friendly states.

For over a decade, Washington has attempted to help India improve its defense technology base, but these efforts have often proved futile. During President Barack Obama’s administration, the two countries launched the Defense Trade and Technology Initiative, which aimed to promote technology exchange and the coproduction of defense systems. Indian officials visualized the initiative as enabling them to procure many advanced U.S. military technologies, such as those related to jet engines, surveillance and reconnaissance platforms, and stealth capabilities, so that they could be manufactured or codeveloped in India. But Washington’s hesitation about clearing such transfers was matched by U.S. defense firms’ reluctance to part with their intellectual property and make commercial investments for what were ultimately meager business opportunities.

WASHINGTON’S BIG BET
The Biden administration is now going to great lengths to reverse the failure of the Defense Trade and Technology Initiative. Last year, it announced the Initiative on Critical and Emerging Technology, which aims to fundamentally transform cooperation between the two countries’ governments, businesses, and research entities pertaining to technology development. This endeavor encompasses a wide variety of fields, including semiconductors, space, artificial intelligence, next-generation telecommunications, high-performance computing, and quantum technologies, all of which have defense applications but are not restricted to them.

For all its potential, however, the Initiative on Critical and Emerging Technology does not guarantee any specific outcomes. The U.S. government can make or break the initiative, as it controls the release of the licenses that many joint ventures will require. Although the Biden administration seems inclined to be more liberal on this compared with its predecessors, only time will tell whether the initiative delivers on India’s aspirations for greater access to advanced U.S. technology in support of Modi’s “Make in India, Make for World” drive, which aims to transform India into a major global manufacturing hub that could one day compete with, if not supplant, China as the workshop of the world.

The bigger question, however, is whether Washington’s generosity toward India will help accomplish its strategic aims. During the Bush and Obama administrations, U.S. ambitions centered largely on helping build India’s power in order to prevent China from dominating Asia. As U.S.-China relations steadily deteriorated during the Trump administration—when Sino-Indian relations hit rock bottom as well—Washington began to entertain the more expansive notion that its support for New Delhi would gradually induce India to play a greater military role in containing China’s growing power.

There are reasons to believe it will not. India has displayed a willingness to join the United States and its Quad partners in some areas of low politics, such as vaccine distribution, infrastructure investments, and supply chain diversification, even as it insists that none of these initiatives are directed against China. But on the most burdensome challenge facing Washington in the Indo-Pacific—securing meaningful military contributions to defeat any potential Chinese aggression—India will likely refuse to play a role in situations where its own security is not directly threatened. In such circumstances, New Delhi may at best offer tacit support.

Although China is clearly India’s most intimidating adversary, New Delhi still seeks to avoid doing anything that results in an irrevocable rupture with Beijing. Indian policymakers are acutely conscious of the stark disparity in Chinese and Indian national power, which will not be corrected any time soon. New Delhi’s relative weakness compels it to avoid provoking Beijing, as joining a U.S.-led military campaign against it certainly would. India also cannot escape its physical proximity to China. The two countries share a long border, so Beijing can threaten Indian security in significant ways—a capability that has only increased in recent years.

Consequently, India’s security partnership with the United States will remain fundamentally asymmetrical for a long time to come. New Delhi desires American support in its own confrontation with China while at the same time intending to shy away from any U.S.-China confrontation that does not directly affect its own equities. Should a major conflict between Washington and Beijing erupt in East Asia or the South China Sea, India would certainly want the United States to prevail. But it is unlikely to embroil itself in the fight.

New Delhi’s deepening defense ties with Washington, therefore, must not be interpreted as driven by either strong support for the liberal international order or the desire to participate in collective defense against Chinese aggression. Rather, the intensifying security relationship is conceived by Indian policymakers as a means of bolstering India’s own national defense capabilities but does not include any obligation to support the United States in other global crises. Even as this partnership has grown by leaps and bounds, there remains an unbridgeable gap between the two countries, given India’s consistent desire to avoid becoming the junior partner—or even a confederate—of any great power.

The United States should certainly help India to the degree compatible with American interests. But it should harbor no illusions that its support, no matter how generous, will entice India to join it in any military coalition against China. The relationship with India is fundamentally unlike those that the United States enjoys with its allies. The Biden administration should recognize this reality rather than try to alter it.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Ashley Tellis has realized his mission has failed!!!
Now writes grapes are sour.
I can spend an hour critiquing it but its plain trash as its deracinated Orientalism.
An Indina-origin guy looking at India through Western eyes and admonishing India for not being a #Gungadin.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Tellis starts with the assumption that whatever strategic goals the US is pursuing are ipso facto legitimate, beyond any questioning and that US' expectation that India should just dance along, albeit at the price of a few carrots, is most natural. His arguments can only go downhill from there.

He is the gungadin :rotfl:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ramana wrote:Ashley Tellis has realized his mission has failed!!!
Now writes grapes are sour.
I can spend an hour critiquing it but its plain trash as its deracinated Orientalism.
An Indina-origin guy looking at India through Western eyes and admonishing India for not being a #Gungadin.
tellis is singing for his supper. Personally, one never liked this duplicitous and sanctimonious brown coolie who always spoke, and still continues to speak with the forked tongue

the ameriki establishment thinks that such "home truths" are better coming from a native brown coolie serving a different massa, making him the classic house n***er

the amriki state has always been transactional and extractive, It has always been looking out for the many and varied (and also continually varying) interests of the amriki empire and its MIC support system.

During COVID, it also shamelessly weaponized vaccines and vaccine intermediaries and denied India many of these vaccine intermediaries.

That was not the action of a friend nor was it the honorable behavior between civilized nations.

It's blatant self interest under any and all circumstances, that precludes any meaningful social and cultural relationships with the exception of the amoral and conscienceless relationship of the bazar.

It's wokes, religious nuts, and other commie academia's putrid pontification is off putting in the extreme. Their sense of superiority is offensive.

tellis is being a hypocrite and that is putting it very politely

He deliberately fails to mention the elephant in the room which is the fact that the amrikis are not trusted by any country, anywhere in the world.

And, for the longest time, all that the amrikis have wanted from India are the Indian boots on the ground, in ameriki war zones, with Indian troops under ameriki command, and India paying the costs of fighting in some stooopide and idiotic amriki war and Indian body bags piled high on airport tarmacs.

The covetous goras have had their voracious and evil eyes on the Indian armed forces since the days of WWI and WWII and the competent role of Indian forces in the UN peacekeeping duties has only buttressed those views

Bush, (asking for Indian boots on the ground) was rebuffed by ABA, but the goras will not risk any further confrontation of this issue. Hence house n***ers like tellis are wound up and let lose on the Indian establishment because it confers plausible deniability on the amriki state

BTW, tellis is giving voice to the rising frustration in amriki policy circles about an "uncooperative and ungrateful" India that is looking out for number one, even at the cost of her "dependable" near allies and supporters.

One just doesn't understand how these goras expect India to simply give up her own supreme national interests and get involved in a fight in which she has no dog. A fight in which she has nothing to gain and everything to lose.

India desires to remain her own mistress, neither anyone's stooge, nor anyone's foot soldier

India cannot be expected to put all her eggs into one basket, especially if that basket is amriki, and leave herself wide open to geopolitical threats and blackmail, without the recourse to backup supply chains and resources, particularly where weaponry is concerned.

The amrikis are very quick on the draw where sanctions are concerned and they have already sanctioned India numerous times in the past.

India has a number of very risky, critical and explicit import dependencies, in energy (oil, gas, and coal), industrial machinery, military equipment and spares, and fertilizer et al, to name just a few of the areas impacted

Well, it seems that world wars I and II were the outcome of India's selfish behavior..

And, when victoria nuland writes “advancing secure, prosperous, free, and open INDO-PACIFIC”, understand that this is the next war zone!
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

Tellis' article is like a fishing net. It has too many holes to count, and it stinks. Where do we even begin refuting it?
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

US religious panel, a Government body of Evangelical Christians, want to "blacklist" India again. Obviously they strongly believe being "black" is inferior.

U.S. religious freedom panel again calls for India to be blacklisted
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/u- ... c552&ei=12
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

India apparently has a greatly improved opinion of US global leadership.
https://news.gallup.com/poll/474896/ger ... stage.aspx

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Chetak, Thinking about Tellis article. It's probably the outcome of some deep dive at a think tank.
He is reversing course in his over two-decade recommendations.
Something snapped in the conclave.
Normally FA will have opposing viewpoints for debates.
The onesided article means there is no debate.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ramana wrote:Chetak, Thinking about Tellis article. It's probably the outcome of some deep dive at a think tank.
He is reversing course in his over two-decade recommendations.
Something snapped in the conclave.
Normally FA will have opposing viewpoints for debates.
The onesided article means there is no debate.
looking more like a foggy bottom position/review paper that was generated during a periodic in house evaluation, and tellis was given an executive summary which he later expanded upon. Tone and tenor wise, it is not even a semblance of his usual outpouring on India

tellis's article has plausible deniability smeared all over it but the frustration clearly comes through

Home truths are not a monopoly. Some fairly junior Indian thinktanki will respond

Let's see how the MEA reacts in the coming days, if at all...