India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Post by KLNMurthy »

Suraj wrote:
kit wrote:There is one.Keep off kashmir. POK is going to be Indian. Trump is not so stupid.He seems to have got that right, whatever the Im the dim says and does , trump would give some lip talk to keep him happy. I want to see what the paki Army does next seeing their dimmy failing everywhere. And *that* is what India is really waiting for.
Trump is not interested in Kashmir or the dispute. It's doubtful whether he even understands that the dispute is not about wool garments.

He's interested in the name 'Trump' somehow having been associated with anything that later happened there, that his PR can spin as being something he had to do with.

That means he's not telling us to do any particular thing because he doesn't know anything about the matter to tell anyone to do anything. He's not constraining our space to act there. The Bakis *think* he can do so.

Modi is quite happy to do what he intends to do in J&K. And then call DT and tell him thanks for your support and encouragement, whereupon DT will immediately telephone Oslo and demand a No Bull Piss Prize for whatever it is Modi told him he did.
if you read the Paki RAPE media, they have their hopes pinned on Trump so much that it is pathetic. Some commentators are declaring that Trump did HowdyModi to get Hindu votes. The level of their ignorance & stupidity is India's secret force multiplier in national defense.

The purpose of the rally was to
1. show Pakistan that they will get no help on Kashmir from the US, this is not the era of Hillary.
2. show global Indians that they should feel empowered to take control of their own destinies
3. to show India-haters in India and outside that India will not cringe or hide from their irrelevant piffle as was the case in the past.

Perhaps one criticism may be that, in Texax-speak, the show was "all hat and no cattle", but India's problems have been a matter of perception: both as we perceive ourselves and how others perceive others. So, from time to time, waving a big, ostentatious 10-gallon hat helps. The "cattle" part is the toilets, gas connections, bank accounts and so on, and so that's working as well.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

CRamS wrote:Guys, nobody is stupid including dare I say Talib and his TSPA/ISI handlers. What Trump has effectively done with his equal equal BS is that at the very least, there are no political/diplomatic repercussions for TSP's thuggery and they can continue down the same path. Because lets face it, TSP knows that its trump card (no pun) is pigLeT havoc. Trump has assured them that there will no repercussions for that. This is complete trun around from the Trump of yore where he demanded good behavior from TSP. Why he gave in beats me.
Check the Trump / Modi press conference. Trump left the "repercussions" of Paki actions to India, as has always been the case. India, even in the UPA days, has brought plenty of consequences to Pakistan for its ongoing shenanigans. BJP fixed the slippage during the last traitorous phase of UPA and maybe kicked it up a notch. Qualitatively, unless US sends boots on the ground in support of Pakistan (and maybe not even then, remember Enterprise and the 7th fleet achieving f***-all in this direction?), India knows what to do with Pakistan and will keep doing it. I appreciate your patriotism but have a hard time understanding your anxiety level, given that, in the worst case, *nothing would change for India* as far as "internationalization" of Kashmir issue is concerned, and India's options in that regard.

I mean its like a judge telling a rapist and a rape victim, both of you are my friends and you are both my munnas and I will sit and have chai biskoot with both of you if want. So basically, the rapist and rape victim are at the same moral equivalence in the eyes of the judge. I would say the rapist will be laughing his ass off to the bank.
Except, Trump or the US has no way to be a judge; even at its weakest point, India told the US and the rest of the world no, and there wasn't anything they could do about it.
Ultimately, as I said earlier, its the ground situation. Recalcitrant KMs in collusion with TSP and ModiJi haters in India are going to continue to defy and embarrass Indian govt, the same cycle of accusations and counter accusations will continue, and both will cling on to some dog bone Trump threw in their favor. After FATF desists from putting TSP on the black list, for sure they will activate pigLeTs and it will be de javu all over again. My hope is the Indian army is prepared to deliver muh thod jawab.
The worst case scenario is that we will be suppressing KMs indefinitely, and the world will keep yelling at us about it. And we will keep doing it anyway. I am ok with that. I happen to think that it is a fate that KMs richly earned, to have the collective hawaii chappal of 1.3B Indians on their neck forever and ever.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Trump babu is a showman, so is Modi. which is why Modi invited Trump to Houston. 55,000 people treating them like "Elvis", is a dream come true for Trump!

The difference is, one is a Businessman, another is a top notch politician having won two historical majority in a country of 1.3 billion!

And both of them are experts in leading another one through the garden path. The biggest advantage is both are experts in deal making, no emotions involved.

Irrespective of what Trump babu says to media(he has actually become quite good at babu talk), we need to work behind the scene to get the deals.

Leave the media & twitter war to Paks.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

CRamS wrote:Guys, nobody is stupid including dare I say Talib and his TSPA/ISI handlers. What Trump has effectively done with his equal equal BS is that at the very least, there are no political/diplomatic repercussions for TSP's thuggery and they can continue down the same path. Because lets face it, TSP knows that its trump card (no pun) is pigLeT havoc. Trump has assured them that there will no repercussions for that. This is complete trun around from the Trump of yore where he demanded good behavior from TSP. Why he gave in beats me. {I have to give it to your. These exact points were rebutted in the last page and YET you again come back to them. Pure genius!}

I mean its like a judge telling a rapist and a rape victim, both of you are my friends and you are both my munnas and I will sit and have chai biskoot with both of you if want. So basically, the rapist and rape victim are at the same moral equivalence in the eyes of the judge. I would say the rapist will be laughing his ass off to the bank. {Pure genius again! And here I was under the impression that Dimran/TSPA has suffered a massive defeat in Kashmir and went crying to Trump. :rotfl: For a month we had daily twitter rant, every speech ends with the world being told we are just short of nuclear exchange. Every day Modi/RSS is declared fascist and about the genocide going in Kashmir. So much butt hurt in Pindi BUT we are now being told "rapist will be laughing his ass off to the bank" .... This is true assigner level anal-sys. :rotfl: I guess I was following Dimran's antics and watching baki videos a bit too much and got swayed. Just a couple of hours back I posted a bunch of them on the TSP main thread. Silly me. :-? :(( :rotfl: }

Ultimately, as I said earlier, its the ground situation. Recalcitrant KMs in collusion with TSP and ModiJi haters in India are going to continue to defy and embarrass Indian govt, the same cycle of accusations and counter accusations will continue, and both will cling on to some dog bone Trump threw in their favor. After FATF desists from putting TSP on the black list, for sure they will activate pigLeTs and it will be de javu all over again. My hope is the Indian army is prepared to deliver muh thod jawab. {Pure genius again! And I was under the impression that Kashmir's status has changed! BUT I guess I was wrong. We are back to square one i.e. as it was before 5th August. :rotfl: }

It is neither naive nor unreasonable to expect Trump to have issued a statement in public that for any progress, TSP will have to stop terror and that includes terror against India. If after all that bonhomie in Houston, he cannot say something as reasonable as that in favor of a strategic partner, and after all the praise of ModiJi and India he doled out; then I think the whole show was a charade. {Pure genius again! Trump is now supposed to be looking after Indian interests rather than American. Double highlighted part is the pinnacle of genius! Modi doles out praise and Trump did not! This line of though too was debunked in the last page.}

And it f!king annoys me no end that this buffoon Trump is obsessed with Iran. I mean Iranian TFTA honchos will GUBO before him infinitly more than TSP RAPE will, but still he wants to annihilate them for whatever reason.
Man you are one persistent genius. Many but not all of your points were debunked last page and you agreed and now you are back plowing the same old furrow.

But each to his own. Keep at it.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

KLNMurthy wrote:Check the Trump / Modi press conference. Trump left the "repercussions" of Paki actions to India, as has always been the case.
You cannot convince CRamS. Even IF he yields for a moment it is just so that he can comeback to it a little later. Just happened with me in the last couple of pages. AND he has a real fetish for "equal-equal" between India/Bakistan and uses it at every opportunity and often create one if necessary.

But we must keep plugging to limit the FUD he spreads on the board.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

pankajs wrote:
KLNMurthy wrote:Check the Trump / Modi press conference. Trump left the "repercussions" of Paki actions to India, as has always been the case.
You cannot convince CRamS. Even IF he yields for a moment it is just so that he can comeback to it a little later. Just happened with me in the last couple of pages. AND he has a real fetish for "equal-equal" between India/Bakistan and uses it at every opportunity and often create one if necessary.

But we must keep plugging to limit the FUD he spreads on the board.
:rotfl:
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

I was hoping for some big trade deals to be signed. Only the $2.5 billion for LNG was done in Houston. A big oil and gas deal to give the signal to Iran and others not to poke their nose in India’s business.

Modi is the father figure of India. An Elvis in the room. :mrgreen:
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Pankaj, you can call me whatever you want. In my eyes, the bonhomie between Trump and ModiJi in Houston on Sunday dissipated quite a bit in my eyes after his turncoat behavior with TSP. And contrary to my hopes, as that of many Indians post Houston, TSP will continue what it always does, it will continue to push the button to get Trump's attention. Trump could easily have put an end to that. He chose not to.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

^^^Did you watch today’s press conference with Trump and Modi. Trump needs to say what he needs to and Modi will do what he needs to. Case closed.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

CRamS wrote:Pankaj, you can call me whatever you want. In my eyes, the bonhomie between Trump and ModiJi in Houston on Sunday dissipated quite a bit in my eyes after his turncoat behavior with TSP. And contrary to my hopes, as that of many Indians post Houston, TSP will continue what it always does, it will continue to push the button to get Trump's attention. Trump could easily have put an end to that. He chose not to.
Sure.

I did not have any such expectation from Trump or Huston bonhomie except what I posted a few days back. IIRC, Most of them are met. :D

You see I am a simple man and have very bery simple needs. I will try and update this post with a link to that post of mine.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

pandyan
BRFite

Post by pandyan »

Tellurian Signs $7.5 Billion LNG Pact With India’s Petronet
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... or-u-s-lng
$2.5 B for 18% stake
$5 B in debt commitment (what does this mean?)

To India
Deliver 5 Mt LNG/year
Gulf coast delivered cost $3-4 per million btu
Delivered cost to India between $5-6 per million btu

1 Mt LNG = 49,257,899 MMBtu
5 Mt LNG = 246,289,495‬ MMBtu
https://www.unitjuggler.com/convert-ene ... tml?val=10
Total LNG cost/year = $ 1.3 B
pandyan
BRFite

Post by pandyan »

Mort Walker wrote:^^^Did you watch today’s press conference with Trump and Modi. Trump needs to say what he needs to and Modi will do what he needs to. Case closed.
I don't know who is buttering whom. :shock: :mrgreen:
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Is it the first time or has it happened before where a US prez has included Iran as a source of terrorism n front of an Indian PM?

Seems it has come a full circle: India allowed to say what she wants and the US allowed to say what she wants. Looks like this is a hard reset on an alignment. India just may have abandoned Iran as a reliable source of O&G.
Last edited by NRao on 25 Sep 2019 04:30, edited 1 time in total.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

pankajs wrote:
CRamS wrote:Pankaj, you can call me whatever you want. In my eyes, the bonhomie between Trump and ModiJi in Houston on Sunday dissipated quite a bit in my eyes after his turncoat behavior with TSP. And contrary to my hopes, as that of many Indians post Houston, TSP will continue what it always does, it will continue to push the button to get Trump's attention. Trump could easily have put an end to that. He chose not to.
Sure.

I did not have any such expectation from Trump or Huston bonhomie except what I posted a few days back. IIRC, Most of them are met. :D

You see I am a simple man and have very bery simple needs. I will try and update this post with a link to that post of mine.
Here we are. The below too was a response to your "expect scant or at best equal equal routine coverage in US media".

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7355&start=2680#p2381956
pankajs wrote:
CRamS wrote:So bottom line, Pakis, Khalistanis and other assorted ModiJi Hindu haters will make some noise but that is it. CNN/NYT/WP etc might do some equal equal and drown out the importance of India and ModiJi's address, but who knows, if Trump bahadur announces something big beyond photo ops, like say reversing his decision to withdraw preferential trade status to India, that may make headlines. But otherwise I expect scant or at best equal equal routine coverage in US media.
One needs to go beyond the obvious to understand Modi.

Trump/Modi together at the reception of the INDIAN Prime minister by Indian-American community have message for a spectrum of people. In descending order of importance.

1. Within Kashmir. The idea is to convince them that the world has forgotten them and will go to lengths to please Modi. If they/their brithar Bakistan cannot swing US away from India there is no hope for them.
2. For bakistani apduls. Show them that they are really alone in their quest for Kashmir and spread more FUD amongst them.
3. A message around the globe to leaders/counties from Asia to Europe to Africa to Latin America on the rising profile of India. Every such boost results is India's bargaining position increasing, even if only slightly, in general with every other country.
4. A message to China especially before the next Modi/Xi talks.
5. A message for the spectrum of India-watchers, BOTH Modi-haters and Modi-pasand, within America itself. This includes Indian-American community itself 'cause this will increase their political profile within US by a couple of notches too!
6. Lastly, with the Indian public but this is the least important. Modi already enjoys huge credibility inside India.

We need to realize that there exists a whole world outside of the "US Media".
1. MET: Judging by the TSP abdul reactions and extrapolating to Kashmir apduls.
2. MET: Judging by the TSP abdul reactions.
3. MET: Complete mastery of confidence, speech and body language. No hesitation when dealing with the President of the biggest power of the world. In fact, at times, it seemed Trump was deferential to Modi. What a commanding performance by Modi at Huston. Every world leader worth their salt would have seen it and have been impressed.
4. ONLY future will tell. I cannot read the Chinese by this.
5. MET: The Awe he generated by his commanding performance when dealing with the most Powerful leader in the world has bowled his critics and overjoyed his supporters. Increased the profile of the Indian-American community.
6. MET: Coverd in pt. 5

Plus, Indian action in Kashmir has not turned into a political football in the global arena. No one has asked India to turn back the clock on Kashmir. There is everything to like from my POV. Every thing is on the up and up.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Mort Walker wrote:I think GoI is missing a huge opportunity. Use Trump to mediate how TSP will return PoK so it can be merged back into J&K.

Give Trump the Nehru Piss Prize (which puts him with the likes of Nelson Mandela and Martin Luther King), and hand him a big lottery type check of Rs. 25 million. He’ll have a smile from ear to ear.
Agreed. Add some more weapons purchases and it'll go well
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

CramS wrote:equal equal BS....there are no political/diplomatic repercussions for TSP's thuggery ... Trump has assured them that there will no repercussions for that...
I mean its like a judge telling a rapist and a rape victim, both of you are my friends and you are both my munnas and I will sit and have chai biskoot with both of you if want. So basically, the rapist and rape victim are at the same moral equivalence in the eyes of the judge. I would say the rapist will be laughing his ass off to the bank...<snip>
This is insane euqal equal BS..
1. Trump is NOT a judge or anything close to be anything, so it does not matter even if he said something (which he, of course, did NOT say.. nothing EVEN Close). (Trump actually have said that India is a friend and NaMo has highest respect from him)
2. NO sane person will even think that India is approaching *anyone* in US to plead her case. = = of rapist and rape victim is simply offensive and foolish.

Let me, just tell you how most of Indians (or Americans or human beings for that matter) think .. Here is some comparison.. between a scum and a hero. Trust me no = =.
^^^ A terrorist scum post 26/11 .. (He is NOT laughing his anything off to a bank).

And below Smt Omble receiving ashok chakra from the President of India.

Please keep the things in perspective ..
Shwetank
BRFite

Post by Shwetank »

Breaking: Pelosi initiated impeachment inquiry against Trump. Most experts saying Ukraine revelations over last few days finally got her to give in to the pressure from a lot of Democrats.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Shwetank wrote:Breaking: Pelosi initiated impeachment inquiry against Trump. Most experts saying Ukraine revelations over last few days finally got her to give in to the pressure from a lot of Democrats.
Donkeys are asses and they will be given the boot come 2020.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/airnewsalerts/statu ... 9996679168
All India Radio News @airnewsalerts

Indian Prime Minister has given loud and clear message to Pakistan- #DonaldTrump in reply to a question
This should satisfy those who search for an == between India and bakistan.Trump essentially dodged the US responsibility to beat some sense into the bakis.

With Bakistan Trump took a hands off approach and he did the same with India, therefore ==. QED. :rotfl:

Btw, I heard a similar (not same) logic on baki TV recently wrt UNSC play. Bakis knocked on the doors of the UNSC to complain about India. The UNSC did an informal meet on India-bakistan and closed the case without issuing any statement. The bakis, on this particular program, where claiming it as a victory of the bakis position because UNSC did not issue a statement in favor of India.

Now as you can imagine, being the duffer that I am, it took me a while to understand the baki victory. Even now, every time I think of the baki victory, my brain gets scrambled for a couple of minutes and then I have to carefully untangle the logical threads.

The bakis claim victory because UNSC gave THEIR complain an informal hearings and the rest is == because no statement. Notice how beautifully they turned a rejection of THEIR complain into a victory for their apduls.

We are being peddled a similar logic to claim an == between India and bakistan.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

pankajs wrote:
This should satisfy those who search for an == between India and bakistan.Trump essentially dodged the US responsibility to beat some sense into the bakis.

With Bakistan Trump took a hands off approach and he did the same with India, therefore ==. QED. :rotfl:

The bakis claim victory because UNSC gave THEIR complain an informal hearings and the rest is == because no statement. Notice how beautifully they turned a rejection of THEIR complain into a victory for their apduls.

We are being peddled a similar logic to claim an == between India and bakistan.
To be fair and do = = .. There was "Howdy Modi" and here is Howdy Imran :)
Last edited by Amber G. on 25 Sep 2019 06:13, edited 1 time in total.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

^^ I have been saying this earlier as well - Equal - Equal in the current format is not something that we need to fret about, it actually works to our advantage.

Where it was a problem was 15-20 years ago, when the Equal - Equal involved a superpower acting as an equalizer. Right now all that is happening is that the superpower is saying go sort out the issue yourselves, I don't want to hear about it, while maintaining a qualitatively superior relationship with us.

To use an analogy, if Pakis are a bandicoot and we are a tiger, in the past the elephant used to try and boost the bandicoot using it's own resources to neutralize the tiger. Now all that is happening is that elephant tells both parties to go sort out their issues between themselves on their own (which might seem like equal equal but is actually throwing the bandicoot at the mercy of the tiger with a wink and a nudge to the latter).
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Patience my dear sir.

Modi hai to mumkin hai. The mills of God grind slow, yet they grind exceeding small.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

NRao wrote:Is it the first time or has it happened before where a US prez has included Iran as a source of terrorism n front of an Indian PM?

Seems it has come a full circle: India allowed to say what she wants and the US allowed to say what she wants. Looks like this is a hard reset on an alignment. India just may have abandoned Iran as a reliable source of O&G.
No problem. Iran likes to wag its tail and yap about Kashmir at a time when they need us more than ever, maybe they will take a lesson from what just happened.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Anybody see anything on Xinhua about the event? I've been looking, but it seems they're maintaining a studious silence. Would have loved to see their "perspective" on the event.
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

sudarshan wrote:Anybody see anything on Xinhua about the event? I've been looking, but it seems they're maintaining a studious silence. Would have loved to see their "perspective" on the event.
relatively muted story

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2019-0 ... 414104.htm
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

sudarshan wrote:Anybody see anything on Xinhua about the event? I've been looking, but it seems they're maintaining a studious silence. Would have loved to see their "perspective" on the event.
South China morning post out of Hong Kong (?) had some sh1t by some Indian-named person about Fascists getting together to do holocaust or something.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Bart S wrote:^^ I have been saying this earlier as well - Equal - Equal in the current format is not something that we need to fret about, it actually works to our advantage.

Where it was a problem was 15-20 years ago, when the Equal - Equal involved a superpower acting as an equalizer. Right now all that is happening is that the superpower is saying go sort out the issue yourselves, I don't want to hear about it, while maintaining a qualitatively superior relationship with us.

To use an analogy, if Pakis are a bandicoot and we are a tiger, in the past the elephant used to try and boost the bandicoot using it's own resources to neutralize the tiger. Now all that is happening is that elephant tells both parties to go sort out their issues between themselves on their own (which might seem like equal equal but is actually throwing the bandicoot at the mercy of the tiger with a wink and a nudge to the latter).
Right.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

KLNMurthy wrote:
South China morning post out of Hong Kong (?) had some sh1t by some Indian-named person about Fascists getting together to do holocaust or something.
They've had quite a lot of wool-headed seekoolars from India writing for them, mostly hit jobs.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Thanks guys. The Xinhua piece had the expected "thousands of protesters outside" with no photos!

But the tone is definitely muted. No hectoring or hysterical warnings to India to "know her place." Silence on China's part means - flummoxed :-?.
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

If that picture above amber g does not bring tears to a Indians eyes I do not what will.A simple person, regular Indian without much education, without much money but did more for bharat ma than anyone I know . Saved India from total disaster. May bharat ma continue to produce such sons . Om shanti.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Vayutuvan wrote:
Shwetank wrote:Breaking: Pelosi initiated impeachment inquiry against Trump. Most experts saying Ukraine revelations over last few days finally got her to give in to the pressure from a lot of Democrats.
Donkeys are asses and they will be given the boot come 2020.
Anyone with any sense is already sick to the gills with the Vote Recount :(( , the Comey :(( , the Mueller flop... and now comes the Ukraine :(( . Note that the Ukraine complaint is that POTUS Trump called Ukraine to tell them that they can please go ahead with the investigation that was shut down on the demand of the previous vice-POTUS - to benefit his baccha.

So the Impeachment should start with a post-dated one on Biden.

Ppl may start asking COTUSppl when was the last time they actually did any work. Amazingly, the donkeystanis are allowing the elephants to turn around and quite likely win back the House in 2020 in addition to the Presidency.

All of which may not be terribly relevant to India.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

this is one guy that came out the gene sewage pool, just like his traitorous sire. :mrgreen:

Donald Trump praised Hindus for being amazing entrepreneurs.

(ru)NDTV thug: "Why only Hindus, Indians include Muslims as well"

https://twitter.com/PiyushSingh83/statu ... 4239461376
Shwetank
BRFite

Post by Shwetank »

I'm wondering if the impeachment proceedings will be done in time for the elections, I'm sure the Dems will be pushing for that (unless it becomes clear it won't be favorable). Worst case, Pence comes in who is much worse for India but at least he won't have long at the helm before elections. Long term, I don't mind Dems taking over as they are becoming more radical and even the nominees have started using open border talk (as the "squad" of four moves up the ranks this will be inevitable in the future anyway I think. And open borders (or similar) will only increase disruptions and internal problems and possibly decline of the empire.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

May be time to quit letting DT discussion hog the space. After all, it was a visit to the US by the PM of India. The Houston event was a Modi event, not a Trump event. I found it amazing that the POTUS would fly down to Texas just to participate (and how!) in such an event hosted by one national community to honor a visiting foreign dignitary. That was absolutely special and showed deep friendship and goodwill, which was graciously reciprocated by the visitor.

Usually the reception for a visiting foreign PM would be a WHOTUS dinner with raw meat and booze (like was given to the Australian PM for instance). Very formal and stuck-up event.

Here this was amazing. Yes, the implications of Indian support for the POTUS campaign are clear. Donkeys can thank Sanders and Biden for that.

But all said and done, it was a Modi Event hosted by Indian-Americans and Indians in America.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Shwetank wrote:I'm wondering if the impeachment proceedings will be done in time for the elections,
OT but I think the impeachment will fall flat. **THAT*** will be remembered at the elections.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 25 Sep 2019 07:41, edited 1 time in total.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Shwetank wrote:I'm wondering if the impeachment proceedings will be done in time for the elections, I'm sure the Dems will be pushing for that (unless it becomes clear it won't be favorable). Worst case, Pence comes in who is much worse for India but at least he won't have long at the helm before elections. Long term, I don't mind Dems taking over as they are becoming more radical and even the nominees have started using open border talk (as the "squad" of four moves up the ranks this will be inevitable in the future anyway I think. And open borders (or similar) will only increase disruptions and internal problems and possibly decline of the empire.
Recess for election will be August 2020, so expect the House to be done by then. The Senate won't take it up until later.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

UlanBatori wrote:May be time to quit letting DT discussion hog the space. After all, it was a visit to the US by the PM of India. The Houston event was a Modi event, not a Trump event. I found it amazing that the POTUS would fly down to Texas just to participate (and how!) in such an event hosted by one national community to honor a visiting foreign dignitary. That was absolutely special and showed deep friendship and goodwill, which was graciously reciprocated by the visitor.

Usually the reception for a visiting foreign PM would be a WHOTUS dinner with raw meat and booze (like was given to the Australian PM for instance). Very formal and stuck-up event.

Here this was amazing. Yes, the implications of Indian support for the POTUS campaign are clear. Donkeys can thank Sanders and Biden for that.

But all said and done, it was a Modi Event hosted by Indian-Americans and Indians in America.
Absolutely. On top of that it forced both Republican senators from Texas to be present in Houston. The look of Ted Cruz's face when he saw the audience roar for Modi. It was priceless.

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

we just don't realize that we are squarely in the midst of the internet generation warfare

Meanwhile, on http://rediff.com , cameras focused on one crucial area deliberately left behind all the bigoted intolerant fascist sold-out media - the seating area behind the stage!

Last edited by chetak on 25 Sep 2019 08:29, edited 2 times in total.