India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 19765
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby chetak » 22 Aug 2019 13:41

ldev wrote:What Trump really spoke about to Modi and Imran Khan

US President Donald Trump’s phone calls to prime ministers Narendra Modi and Imran Khan Monday were less about India-Pakistan tensions over Kashmir and more about his country’s exit from Afghanistan and trade with New Delhi, sources told ThePrint.


However, according to sources, his call to Khan was focused on ensuring that Pakistan does not divert its attention from the Afghanistan peace process, as Islamabad has hinted in the wake of India’s decision to strip Kashmir of its special status.

The call to Modi, meanwhile, was meant to convince India to hammer out a substantial trade package for the benefit of American firms and farmers, the sources added.


According to a statement issued by the Ministry of External Affairs after the Trump-Modi call, the PM “expressed the hope” that Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal will meet US trade representative Robert Lighthizer “at an early date to discuss bilateral trade prospects for mutual benefit”.

With the US not being able to make much headway in hammering out a trade deal with China, the Trump administration is now focusing more heavily on India to get tariff-free access for its agricultural goods and medical devices.

This, despite Washington’s grievances with New Delhi over data localisation issues that are impacting the operations of American conglomerates.

According to sources, Trump wants India to cough up a substantial trade deal before he heads for the 2020 presidential elections.

“Any trade deal with the US will require substantial give-and-take,” Shankar said. “Trump is not able to make a deal with China, so his focus is on India now.”


The contours of the ameriki end game in afpak may just be beginning to unfold.

with his repeated threats of "mediation", trump may be trying to herd us into putting down boots on the ground in afghanistan starting in the medium term to support the US withdrawal and disengagement.

there is no upside to India joining any new ameriki coalition which the pentagon as well as the SD have been trying very hard to get us to do since before the iraq war.


India and other countries must fight terrorists in Afghanistan at some point, says Donald Trump



India and other countries must fight terrorists in Afghanistan at some point, says Donald Trump


Aug 22, 2019

Countries like India, Iran, Russia and Turkey would have to fight against terrorists in Afghanistan at some point of time, US President Donald Trump said on Wednesday

Trump said that other nations currently are making fewer efforts against the terrorists in Afghanistan

Trump's comments came a day after he indicated that the US forces will not completely withdraw from the war-torn Afghanistan
Washington: Countries like India, Iran, Russia and Turkey would have to fight against terrorists in Afghanistan at some point of time, US President Donald Trump said on Wednesday, ruling that the job against terrorist is being done only by the United States some 7,000 miles away.

Trump said that other nations currently are making fewer efforts against the terrorists in Afghanistan.

India and other countries must fight terrorists in Afghanistan at some point, says Donald Trump

"At a certain point Russia, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Turkey they are going to have to fight their battles too. We wiped out the caliphate 100 per cent. I did it in record time but at a certain point all of these other countries where ISIS is around they have been decimated, by the way, badly decimated,” Trump told reporters at the White House while responding to a question on the reemergence of ISIS in Afghanistan.


"All of these countries are going to have to fight them because do we want to stay there for another 19 years? I don't think so. So, at a certain point, other countries and that includes Russia and it includes Iran and Turkey and Iraq and Afghanistan and Pakistan and India,” he said.

hanumadu
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4399
Joined: 11 Nov 2002 12:31

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby hanumadu » 22 Aug 2019 13:43

No amount of troops can fix Afghanistan except the demise of islam.
Look at the Taliban controlled or contested areas. They are more than 2/3rds of the country. Even if the entire Indian army went into Afghanistan, they won't be able to defeat the Taliban.

Image


https://www.longwarjournal.org/mapping-taliban-control-in-afghanistan

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 19765
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby chetak » 22 Aug 2019 13:56

hanumadu wrote:No amount of troops can fix Afghanistan except the demise of islam.
Look at the Taliban controlled or contested areas. They are more than 2/3rds of the country. Even if the entire Indian army went into Afghanistan, they won't be able to defeat the Taliban.

Image


https://www.longwarjournal.org/mapping-taliban-control-in-afghanistan


trump is hoping that we use the C-17s to fly our troops into afghanistan and also to get him re elected.

Its a bit surprising that he has not planned any "trump towers" in kabul as yet.
Last edited by chetak on 22 Aug 2019 14:02, edited 1 time in total.

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11639
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby pankajs » 22 Aug 2019 14:01

Frump should buy Afghanistan while he still has his army inside for protection.

Kashi
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3476
Joined: 06 May 2011 13:53

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Kashi » 22 Aug 2019 14:09

I am puzzled at the presence of of Contested Area "islands" surrounded by Government-held territory. Wouldn't Taliban have to transit through Govt. controlled territory to contest these areas? How are they doing that?

srin
BRFite
Posts: 1777
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:13

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby srin » 22 Aug 2019 14:19

I really hate the thought of TSP having a field day in Afghanistan. And I don't think we should send troops there. At the same time, as long as the US troops' logistical train goes through TSP, there is always a blackmail potential against us.

One thought that would serve our strategic interests and might be palatable to others (excl Pa_istan and Cheen) is to send UN peacekeepers. Not that they'd do anything, but as canary in coal mine and also just to complicate matters a little bit.

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11639
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby pankajs » 22 Aug 2019 14:26

The solution to Afghanistan lies in Bakistan! GOI needs to work on that to prepare any eventuality.

Rudradev
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3447
Joined: 06 Apr 2003 12:31

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Rudradev » 23 Aug 2019 00:19

Maps like the one posted above (from Al Jazeera) are somewhat misleading. Large areas in sq. km. terms are often colored as "controlled" or "contested" by the Taliban... but who really lives there, and what do these terms actually mean?

Consider this https://www.longwarjournal.org/mapping- ... fghanistan (these researchers are no means bullish/optimistic about US efforts in Afghanistan)

Controlled by Afghan national govt (ANG): 139 districts with 15.74 million residents (~47% of population). These seem to be the equivalent of India's metros and "Tier I/II" cities, plus surrounding relatively-developed areas.

"Contested": 182 districts with 13.5 million residents (~41% of population). Per this source, "Contested" means:
A “Contested” district may mean that the government may be in control of the district center, but little else, and the Taliban controls large areas or all of the areas outside of the district center.


In general, these seem to be sparsely populated outside their district centers, which are under government control and generally equivalent to India's "Tier II/III" cities. So it is an open question how many of the 13.52 million *residents* of these "Contested" districts live under Taliban control vs. ANG control (in district centers).

Finally, Controlled by Taliban: 66 districts with 3.7 million residents (~12% of population). These seem to be very unpopulated and underdeveloped regions, similar to what in India used to be called the "Red Corridor" areas and totally dominated by Naxals and Maoists during UPA rule.

"Controlled" district means:

the Taliban is openly administering a district, providing services and security, and also running the local courts.


This is by no means a rosy picture for the US or ANG. 12% of your people under Taliban rule plus another 41% living in "contested" areas is definitely a serious problem. But by contrast, neither is it a Vietnam-like situation where NVA dominated half the country while Viet Cong dominated large segments of population in the other (southern) half.

Looking at it from the other side, the Taliban also has a lot of work/fighting left to do if they hope to dominate the country. What we are seeing is a stalemate. If the Taliban were on the verge of sweeping into Kabul like Zhukov into Berlin, why would they bother to negotiate? The fact is, while the Taliban have been eroding the boundaries of the ANG state gradually over time, there is no easy path for them ahead. They are blocked from making major gains as well. And they are feeling the continuous attrition too. In addition to this, the implosion of the Paki economy, the vast decrease in US aid to Pakistan, the FATF greylist sanctions on Pakistan, and even the crackdown by Modi & Doval on hawala networks pushing money out of India all must have had considerable impact on the flow of arms and money from Pakistan/ISI to the Taliban.

In fact, this is one reason why ISIS is gaining ground in Afghanistan. Many anti-US, anti-ANG fighters have become frustrated with the Taliban leadership both for failing to secure greater victories fast enough, and for showing un-momeen-like weakness by agreeing to talks with Great Satan.

kit
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3193
Joined: 13 Jul 2006 18:16

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby kit » 23 Aug 2019 00:48

Rudradev wrote:Maps like the one posted above (from Al Jazeera) are somewhat misleading. Large areas in sq. km. terms are often colored as "controlled" or "contested" by the Taliban... but who really lives there, and what do these terms actually mean?

Consider this https://www.longwarjournal.org/mapping- ... fghanistan (these researchers are no means bullish/optimistic about US efforts in Afghanistan)

Controlled by Afghan national govt (ANG): 139 districts with 15.74 million residents (~47% of population). These seem to be the equivalent of India's metros and "Tier I/II" cities, plus surrounding relatively-developed areas.

"Contested": 182 districts with 13.5 million residents (~41% of population). Per this source, "Contested" means:
A “Contested” district may mean that the government may be in control of the district center, but little else, and the Taliban controls large areas or all of the areas outside of the district center.


In general, these seem to be sparsely populated outside their district centers, which are under government control and generally equivalent to India's "Tier II/III" cities. So it is an open question how many of the 13.52 million *residents* of these "Contested" districts live under Taliban control vs. ANG control (in district centers).

Finally, Controlled by Taliban: 66 districts with 3.7 million residents (~12% of population). These seem to be very unpopulated and underdeveloped regions, similar to what in India used to be called the "Red Corridor" areas and totally dominated by Naxals and Maoists during UPA rule.

"Controlled" district means:

the Taliban is openly administering a district, providing services and security, and also running the local courts.


This is by no means a rosy picture for the US or ANG. 12% of your people under Taliban rule plus another 41% living in "contested" areas is definitely a serious problem. But by contrast, neither is it a Vietnam-like situation where NVA dominated half the country while Viet Cong dominated large segments of population in the other (southern) half.

Looking at it from the other side, the Taliban also has a lot of work/fighting left to do if they hope to dominate the country. What we are seeing is a stalemate. If the Taliban were on the verge of sweeping into Kabul like Zhukov into Berlin, why would they bother to negotiate? The fact is, while the Taliban have been eroding the boundaries of the ANG state gradually over time, there is no easy path for them ahead. They are blocked from making major gains as well. And they are feeling the continuous attrition too. In addition to this, the implosion of the Paki economy, the vast decrease in US aid to Pakistan, the FATF greylist sanctions on Pakistan, and even the crackdown by Modi & Doval on hawala networks pushing money out of India all must have had considerable impact on the flow of arms and money from Pakistan/ISI to the Taliban.

In fact, this is one reason why ISIS is gaining ground in Afghanistan. Many anti-US, anti-ANG fighters have become frustrated with the Taliban leadership both for failing to secure greater victories fast enough, and for showing un-momeen-like weakness by agreeing to talks with Great Satan.



Better idea would be to make the cost of "taking" Afghanistan unaffordable to the Taliban and force them to the negotiating table , make them part of a coalition government and kick them out over a decade by slowly diluting their influence.There is no easy way out.India stays out but supports military and logistic supplies and training.

Rudradev
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3447
Joined: 06 Apr 2003 12:31

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Rudradev » 23 Aug 2019 01:13

^
Kit ji,

I think this is basically what US is proposing to at least the faction of Taliban engaged in the Doha talks.

There have been increasing clashes between the Taliban and ISIS in Afgh. US is offering to hit ISIS selectively in these clashes (effectively offering drone/air support to Taliban ops against ISIS, just as it provides to the ANA). In return Taliban stops attacking US forces, ANA, and police/civilian targets in ANG-held areas. These would be "CBMs" preliminary to a more final deal.

Eventually America promises to withdraw from Afghanistan, while compelling Ghani and other Afghan political parties to accept Taliban's integration into the Afghan political mainstream. Taliban promises that in future, if given a role in Afghan Govt, it will stop Al Qaeda or ISIS from operating out of Afghanistan.

Of course this is a problem for the Taliban, because Pakistan-backed factions of Taliban (like Haqqani network) openly back and operate alongside Al Qaeda; how can the Doha negotiators make assurances on behalf of Haqqanis, or for that matter Pakistan/ISI, even if they sincerely wanted to?

In addition, if Taliban is seen to be fighting against ISIS at US/ANG behest, that will dilute its own greener-than-green Islamic Momeen "brand". They become just another pashtun-dominated political party and lose their ghazi sheen. After doing the hard work of fighting jihad for 18 years, many Taliban leaders do not find it acceptable that they simply give up the jihadi mindshare to ISIS.

So Taliban is replying to the American proposals by saying: no conditions, America should just withdraw outright, America's puppet government must resign and hold elections, then we will see about ISIS/Al-Qaida etc. And meanwhile trying to increase its influence on the ground wherever it can, by fighting against ANG, US, and ISIS at the same time.

That has pretty much been the situation in the Taliban-US talks at Doha. A stalemate in negotiation to match what's happening on the ground.

Vips
BRFite
Posts: 1978
Joined: 14 Apr 2017 18:23

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Vips » 25 Aug 2019 19:31

Indian-American Congresswoman ‘troubled’ by reports of arrests in Kashmir.

This what happens when you are an Indian only by name. Born in India but has been raised abroad. Check the history. She sued Bush administration to prevent deportation of peacefools after 9/11. Unless all the Indian voters in Washington's 7th district are totally anti-india, she should not be voted for and supported by them.

darshan
BRFite
Posts: 1092
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby darshan » 25 Aug 2019 19:42

Vips wrote:This what happens when you are an Indian only by name. Born in India but has been raised abroad. Check the history. She sued Bush administration to prevent deportation of peacefools after 9/11. Unless all the Indian voters in Washington's 7th district are totally anti-india, she should not be voted for and supported by them.


Only if Indians in America were smart enough to understand that. They hand over money and votes without asking tough questions. There are many still debating and are anti Modi who were raised in India and came here in recent times. Till this day it's very easy to run into many who would mention 2002 and would rubbish muslim atrocities. And many times north and south divides are very apparent. Not to forget EJ church dwellers.

Mort Walker
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7710
Joined: 31 May 2004 11:31
Location: The rings around Uranus.

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Mort Walker » 26 Aug 2019 02:11

darshan wrote:
Vips wrote:This what happens when you are an Indian only by name. Born in India but has been raised abroad. Check the history. She sued Bush administration to prevent deportation of peacefools after 9/11. Unless all the Indian voters in Washington's 7th district are totally anti-india, she should not be voted for and supported by them.


Only if Indians in America were smart enough to understand that. They hand over money and votes without asking tough questions. There are many still debating and are anti Modi who were raised in India and came here in recent times. Till this day it's very easy to run into many who would mention 2002 and would rubbish muslim atrocities. And many times north and south divides are very apparent. Not to forget EJ church dwellers.


Agree with both posters above. These people are NRIs (Not Really Indians).

mappunni
BRFite
Posts: 102
Joined: 14 Jul 2017 19:07

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby mappunni » 26 Aug 2019 02:52

Vips wrote:Indian-American Congresswoman ‘troubled’ by reports of arrests in Kashmir.

This what happens when you are an Indian only by name. Born in India but has been raised abroad. Check the history. She sued Bush administration to prevent deportation of peacefools after 9/11. Unless all the Indian voters in Washington's 7th district are totally anti-india, she should not be voted for and supported by them.


Will be sending some contribution to whoever the Republican candidate is going to be against her!

CRamS
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6383
Joined: 07 Oct 2006 20:54
Contact:

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby CRamS » 26 Aug 2019 03:46

So Trump bahadur wants India to fight his 'bad' terrorists in Afghanistan, while he gives F-solas and equal equal to 'good' Paki terrorists killing Indians in J&K elsewhere. Does he think ModiJi and other Indians are fools?

Yayavar
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4767
Joined: 06 Jun 2008 10:55

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Yayavar » 26 Aug 2019 04:15

darshan wrote:
Vips wrote:This what happens when you are an Indian only by name. Born in India but has been raised abroad. Check the history. She sued Bush administration to prevent deportation of peacefools after 9/11. Unless all the Indian voters in Washington's 7th district are totally anti-india, she should not be voted for and supported by them.


Only if Indians in America were smart enough to understand that. They hand over money and votes without asking tough questions. There are many still debating and are anti Modi who were raised in India and came here in recent times. Till this day it's very easy to run into many who would mention 2002 and would rubbish muslim atrocities. And many times north and south divides are very apparent. Not to forget EJ church dwellers.


There is a discernible change. Just like it has happened at the base (India) - it will happen among expats (umreeka). There is a time lag.

KJo
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9602
Joined: 05 Oct 2010 02:54

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby KJo » 26 Aug 2019 04:43

CRamS wrote:So Trump bahadur wants India to fight his 'bad' terrorists in Afghanistan, while he gives F-solas and equal equal to 'good' Paki terrorists killing Indians in J&K elsewhere. Does he think ModiJi and other Indians are fools?


There was a time when this scam worked. On MMS and earlier GoIs. Modi Sarkar is a different issue.

jaysimha
BRFite
Posts: 1029
Joined: 20 Dec 2017 14:30

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby jaysimha » 26 Aug 2019 19:32

Rsatchi wrote::lol: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 835941.cms
Ah yes Situation NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArmal
Modi to DT
Pleeeze don't want to give you painnnnn :lol:
DT says okay it allllllllllllllllllllllllll between Indian and Pakistan. :P :rotfl:


MODI must have told DT
"all Indians in US and many more are following me trough facebook, twitter & BRF. :)
Your re-election is in my hands not russi this time :D

Chidu must have also contributed indirectly.......

ldev
BRFite
Posts: 1650
Joined: 06 Nov 2002 12:31

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby ldev » 26 Aug 2019 19:56

Modi-Trump press conference. Modi states that all issues between India and Pakistan are bilateral and Trump agrees with that and says that he is available if needed. At 13:15 Trump jokes that Modi actually speaks very good English but does not like to speak it :lol:

VikramA
BRFite
Posts: 137
Joined: 29 Aug 2018 15:41

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby VikramA » 26 Aug 2019 20:00

:shock: ^^^^ so... does that mean we are buying 114 F-21 for our SEF plane requirement.

Manu
BRFite
Posts: 757
Joined: 28 May 2003 11:31

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Manu » 27 Aug 2019 01:34

mappunni wrote:
Vips wrote:Indian-American Congresswoman ‘troubled’ by reports of arrests in Kashmir.

This what happens when you are an Indian only by name. Born in India but has been raised abroad. Check the history. She sued Bush administration to prevent deportation of peacefools after 9/11. Unless all the Indian voters in Washington's 7th district are totally anti-india, she should not be voted for and supported by them.


Will be sending some contribution to whoever the Republican candidate is going to be against her!


There is a background to this lady that all are not familiar with. She was far-left to begin with and her only Son (from previous marriage) is MTF Transgender. She basically backs all the LGBTQ + Inter sectional Feminists + Racial Civil Rights lobbies.

Not for or against her, just informing you of her background.

Mort Walker
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7710
Joined: 31 May 2004 11:31
Location: The rings around Uranus.

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Mort Walker » 27 Aug 2019 07:53

Manu wrote:
mappunni wrote:
Will be sending some contribution to whoever the Republican candidate is going to be against her!


There is a background to this lady that all are not familiar with. She was far-left to begin with and her only Son (from previous marriage) is MTF Transgender. She basically backs all the LGBTQ + Inter sectional Feminists + Racial Civil Rights lobbies.

Not for or against her, just informing you of her background.


It doesn't matter what her background is. She has to be voted out plain and simple, and I don't know how any reasonable person can be for her unless they sympathize with BIF.

Here's dumb-fcuk's tweet on the matter:
https://twitter.com/RepJayapal/status/1 ... 5022186498

Philip
BRF Oldie
Posts: 20021
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: India

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Philip » 27 Aug 2019 12:35

Perish the thought....F-21s.We can't be blackmailed into buying them for Trump's silence on Kashmir.Look what he couldn't do in Syria which the Russians and Putin accomplished! The US under Trump or any other frump is utterly unreliable.They'll send Pak to the cliff but will not push them over.A former ambassador to Pak once remarked that he'd never seen a ship of state which sailed with its keel so close to the rocks and yet survived.
Pak will reinvent itself using terror, the Taliban and WMD proliferation to stay alive and be of some use and abuse to its godfathers , the ultimate catamite entity.

The US's desire to exit Afg. is what keeps Pak's hopes alive.Expect the situ in Afg. and J& K to ignite further.

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3747
Joined: 17 Aug 2005 13:06

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby KLNMurthy » 27 Aug 2019 22:27

Manu wrote:
mappunni wrote:
Will be sending some contribution to whoever the Republican candidate is going to be against her!


There is a background to this lady that all are not familiar with. She was far-left to begin with and her only Son (from previous marriage) is MTF Transgender. She basically backs all the LGBTQ + Inter sectional Feminists + Racial Civil Rights lobbies.

Not for or against her, just informing you of her background.

Current US politics is such that the entire social justice agenda has been hijacked by Islamists. There is no room for someone to say, I don't want to see transgenders being persecuted, and also, I have concerns about the Islamist/Muslim Brotherhood agenda for America. Same is true if you are worried about climate change or want to end the inhumane treatment of asylum seekers. As long as you don't also acknowledge that Muslims are God's Chosen angels who can do no wrong, nobody will listen to you, and if it looks like you are getting any traction, they will eat you alive.

Just look at Tulsi's plight--the left has damned her by association: they have an unquestioned belief that Modi is a fascist and she is bad for being friends with Modi. She is politically doomed for that reason only.

Muslim Brotherhood has captured the American Left and the asses don't even see it.

darshan
BRFite
Posts: 1092
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby darshan » 27 Aug 2019 22:51

Jihadi watch. Did she have anything to say about uigurs, islamic genocides of Hindus, christians in pakistan, treatment of Hindu Dalits?


The Global Ummah speaketh on Kashmir: US Congresswoman Ilhan Omar, her sketchy past, and her Islamist views
https://www.opindia.com/2019/08/the-glo ... ist-views/

We should be calling for an immediate restoration of communication; respect for human rights, democratic norms, and religious freedom; and de-escalation in Kashmir.

International organizations should be allowed to fully document what is happening on the ground.

— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) August 26, 2019

Omar, who is accused of marrying her brother in immigration fraud, is a known antisemite. Considering her rather toxic ideology, it isn’t a surprise that she has taken a pro-Jihad stand on Kashmir.

With Omar’s tweet, the global nature of the Ummah has also come to the fore. While the Arabs have noticeably refrained from interfering with the matter in any manner, Pakistanis and Muslims from other regions of the world have been vocal about the issue. In India, too, a radical section of the community has been indulging in extremely problematic rhetoric.

Pratyush
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8093
Joined: 05 Mar 2010 15:13

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Pratyush » 28 Aug 2019 15:46

The American far left is going to loose in the next general election.

Tulsi is relatively young player in the field. She will have her chance 2024 or 2028. But she will have her chance.

No big issues.

I will not be surprised if she gets a lot of support from the moderates in the post Trump era.

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9965
Joined: 20 Jun 2011 04:36

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Vayutuvan » 28 Aug 2019 23:04

Mort Walker wrote:
I thought she was a Faux Neus bimbo.


She was in DoS/CIA before joining fox. now she is back in the administration.

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9965
Joined: 20 Jun 2011 04:36

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Vayutuvan » 30 Aug 2019 01:26

A small correction - She was in Treasury as an Intelligence Analyst.

A perfect candidate for being a member of the "The Deep State" (if there is one, that is). Very intersectional and all that - a latina woman married to one Mr. Wienberger, worked in both Dubya and Ombaba admins, campaigned for Jeb Bush, in the Navy Reserve, and all that.

She is the mirror image of Ms. Huma Abedin and well suited to dig into the backgrounds of "The Squad", especially Reps. Omar and Tlaib, IMHO. She would be consulted on who should be included in the FATF grey and blacklists, IMHO.

Wikipedia Biopage of Ms. Morgan Ortagus

United States Agency for International Development

From 2007 to 2008, Ortagus was a public affairs officer at United States Agency for International Development (USAID) under the George W. Bush administration, spending several months in Baghdad, Iraq. This was Ortagus's first government service.[2][3]

United States Department of the Treasury
In 2008, Ortagus joined the U.S. Treasury Department, working as an Intelligence Analyst within the Treasury's Office of Intelligence and Analysis covering North Africa and Middle East regions.[2][3]

In 2010, Ortagus served as Deputy Treasury Attaché under the Obama administration based at the U.S. Embassy in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia when the Arab Spring was breaking out within the region. As Deputy Treasury Attaché, Ortagus worked on countering illicit financial flows.


and this small tidbit ...

Personal life
Ortagus has been married to Jonathan Weinberger since 2013. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg presided over their wedding.

Weinberger served as White House associate general counsel and executive secretary on Trade from 2008 to 2012 and as executive secretary at the U.S. Treasury Department from 2003 to 2008.[2][3][5]

Arun.prabhu
BRFite
Posts: 228
Joined: 28 Aug 2016 19:26

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Arun.prabhu » 03 Sep 2019 21:34

Jay,
A communist is by definition a scumbag. The communist philosophy has killed over a hundred million folks in the last century alone - Stalin and his purges, Mao Zaodong and his various lunacies, Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge, Vietnam, N. Korea, for starters - and anyone who professes a belief in communism in any country is a scumbag or an idiot. There's no escaping this reality.

Sanders, in particular, is a scumbag, because he did not fight Hillary Clinton tooth and nail when it came time to decide the winner of the Democratic primaries. His supporters would have fought for him on the floor and did fight for him, but he waved his hands, shrugged and walked away. And for an avowed communist to own multiple houses each worth half a million or more... there is no way that happens unless Sanders believes the communist unstated credo that "all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others."

Affirmative action has been going on for nigh on fifty years now. If you'll look at the social status of blacks and black communities, you'll find that it has been going downhill ever since Affirmative Action was introduced. At least with reservations in India, we tried honestly to uplift the SC/ST and our good intentions did not lead to the best results. With AA, the intent was always to ruin the blacks. The party of KKK wasn't going to suddenly wish the best for the negros all of a sudden.

One can't close and watch every square inch of the border and it must always be expected that a certain amount of illegals will get through, but opening the border to allow them en masse, creating plans to add them to the voter rolls, ensuring there is no photo id condition to vote to allow them to vote... That is just plain evil. It is the same evil that that b**** Merkel allowed in EU and look how the political situation is deteriorating there now. Remember, we went to war and split up Pakistan when illegals flooded across the border. Are we supposed to allow them today if they start flooding? What's good for the goose is good for the gander and I'm disgusted that American political leadership hasn't lit up illegals at the border, firebombed caravans and bombed the political leadership of their countries of origin into hell.
Regards,
Arun

Jay wrote:
Arun.prabhu wrote:This question has to be asked. Do you vote communist in India? If not, why are you donating and supporting a flaming communist scumbag in America? Do you support reservation in India? IF not, why are you supporting affirmative action - which is reservation in different words - supporting progressives in America? Do you support illegals from Bangladesh in India? If not, why are you supporting a party that wants to take over a country by importing illegals and using their vote? Support a libertarian or a Republican.



He is a commie, but he is far from being a scumbag. Being a commie in India has a diff context with being a commie in US politics. Personally, I do support AA, and undocumented Mexican immigrants in the US, to a certain extent. If you want to go against sanders comments on Kashmir, by all means, do that. But, bringing all these irrelevant topics within J&K context will do our cause no good. Just focus on the message....SANDERS IS WRONG ON KASHMIR.

Jay
BRFite
Posts: 148
Joined: 24 Feb 2005 18:24
Location: Gods Country
Contact:

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Jay » 04 Sep 2019 00:13

Arun ji, I agree to disagree with you on this and any discussions on the above topics will broach into an alternate spectrum for BR forums, I leave it at that.

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11317
Joined: 23 Oct 2001 11:31
Contact:

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby A_Gupta » 04 Sep 2019 02:27

It would seem advisable to delete any objectionable material that might show up on your social media, if you are going to travel to the US of A.
https://techcrunch.com/2019/09/02/denie ... -whatsapp/

Rudradev
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3447
Joined: 06 Apr 2003 12:31

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Rudradev » 04 Sep 2019 04:47

Jay wrote:Arun ji, I agree to disagree with you on this and any discussions on the above topics will broach into an alternate spectrum for BR forums, I leave it at that.



+1008, on this issue I disagree with Arun Prabhu ji completely myself.

Arun.prabhu
BRFite
Posts: 228
Joined: 28 Aug 2016 19:26

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Arun.prabhu » 04 Sep 2019 06:40

Jay wrote:Arun ji, I agree to disagree with you on this and any discussions on the above topics will broach into an alternate spectrum for BR forums, I leave it at that.


:) all right.

darshan
BRFite
Posts: 1092
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby darshan » 08 Sep 2019 07:12

Add Sanders to this thread for coherency.

Castro, Sanders court Muslim vote in Houston
https://www.texastribune.org/2019/08/31 ... e-houston/
HOUSTON — Democratic presidential candidates Julián Castro and Bernie Sanders pitched their candidacies Saturday to one of the largest Muslim gatherings in the country, earning recognition as the only White House hopefuls to show up and address a voting bloc deeply alienated by President Donald Trump.

Addressing the annual convention of the Islamic Society of North America, Castro and Sanders pledged to overturn Trump's travel ban, which targets several Muslim-majority countries, and vowed to create a vastly more welcoming environment for Muslims in the United States.

Organizers said they invited all presidential candidates, Democrats and Republicans, and only Castro and Sanders came. While Muslim leaders praised their attendance, they also did not mince words about the rest of the field.

"It’s important that the presidential candidates engage American Muslims directly on the issues that matter most to us," Kalia Abiade of the Pillars Fund, a pro-Muslim philanthropy group, said in a statement ahead of the convention.

On foreign policy, Sanders touted his 2002 opposition to the the Iraq War, which, he noted, created instability in the region and gave rise to the Islamic State terrorist group whose victims are overwhelmingly Muslim. Sanders also broached a topic that has not gotten wide discussion in the 2020 field, criticizing India for recently revoking the autonomy of Kashmir, a disputed region with Pakistan.

"India's action is unacceptable," Sanders said. "The communications blockade must be lifted immediately, and the United States government must speak out boldly in support of international humanitarian law and in support of a U.N.-backed peaceful resolution that respects the will of the Kashmiri people."

Sanders, meanwhile, headlined a low-dollar campaign fundraiser at an Indian-Pakistani restaurant where he was introduced by Abdul El-Sayed, a former Michigan gubernatorial candidate.

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11639
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby pankajs » 08 Sep 2019 12:07

No Indian EVER calls his/her restaurant an "Indian-Pakistani" restaurant.

Whenever that hyphen is present it only means a Bakistani run restaurant.

Mort Walker
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7710
Joined: 31 May 2004 11:31
Location: The rings around Uranus.

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Mort Walker » 09 Sep 2019 07:52

pankajs wrote:No Indian EVER calls his/her restaurant an "Indian-Pakistani" restaurant.

Whenever that hyphen is present it only means a Bakistani run restaurant.


That’s correct. Watch out for a hyphen, words “Desi”, kabob or Mughali Indian cuisine. That pretty much gives it away as an outlet for the terrorist Taliban or ISIS.

darshan
BRFite
Posts: 1092
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby darshan » 10 Sep 2019 01:26

Not to forget CAIR tidbits. Many islamic goon organizations are planning September 22nd UK style protests in Houston.


http://city-sentinel.com/2019/09/prayer ... homa-city/

http://city-sentinel.com/2019/09/20531/

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 53047
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby ramana » 10 Sep 2019 03:12

Well it will effect relationship.

mappunni
BRFite
Posts: 102
Joined: 14 Jul 2017 19:07

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby mappunni » 10 Sep 2019 10:02

darshan wrote:Not to forget CAIR tidbits. Many islamic goon organizations are planning September 22nd UK style protests in Houston.


http://city-sentinel.com/2019/09/prayer ... homa-city/

http://city-sentinel.com/2019/09/20531/


I am planning to wear special T-shirts for this occasion! Ordered a bunch and will be distributed to my friends who will be gracing the occasion. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Let them organize or do whatever they want, they better not mess with Texas Cops.

Manu
BRFite
Posts: 757
Joined: 28 May 2003 11:31

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Postby Manu » 10 Sep 2019 12:16

Lindsey Graham needs to be watched very carefully.
Meanwhile, these are some of the highest Civilian Awards that the Pakis have bestowed upon Americans this year (Aug 14):

(1) Hilal-i-Pakistan: Sheila Jackson Lee (Chairperson of Congressional Pakistan Caucus) of the US in recognition of services to Pakistan.
(2) Hilal-i-Quaid-i-Azam: Republican Senator Lindsey Graham of the United States in recognition of his services to Pakistan.


Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mmasand, sooraj, srin and 19 guests