India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
komal
BRFite

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Post by komal »

My father and Kamal Harris grandfather were born in the same town in the erstwhile Madras State. That part of Madras was riddled with bouts of famine and pestilence under the rule of the Crown. There was little industry for employment.

Yet the people from that time and place managed to achieve success. I know dozens of people from that village who have attained success on a global level.

Not to speak ill of any other religion, but I believe it was their Hindu religion that provided much of the foundation for that success.

NB: Made correction
Last edited by komal on 12 Aug 2020 04:04, edited 1 time in total.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Amber G. wrote:Kamala Harris is VP pick.
She's an IINO. Indian In Name Only. The acronym was conceived by Ramanaji.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

You mean Kamala Harris's MOTHER. dont you?
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

komal wrote:My father and Kamal Harris father were born in the same town in the erstwhile Madras State. That part of Madras was riddled with bouts of famine and pestilence under the rule of the Crown. There was little industry for employment.

Yet the people from that time and place managed to achieve success. I know dozens of people from that village who have attained success on a global level.

Not to speak ill of any other religion, but I believe it was their Hindu religion that provided much of the foundation for that success.
Heels Up Harris's father was from Jamaica, not Madras. Her maternal grandfather, P.V. Gopalan, was in the IFS in Zambia.
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

saip wrote:You mean Kamala Harris's MOTHER. dont you?
Grandfather --- thank you for catching that. much appreciated.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

Ambar wrote:If Biden-Harris win, is it fair to say India needs to prepare for a two front war in 2021 ? It will also be interesting to see what happens to US given the current situation in many large metropolitans where mobs/rioters/protesters seem to take over and destroy entire city blocks without much problem. And all the while the political grip of extremists like Ilhan Omar, AOC, Rashida Tlaib, Promila Jaypal etc keeps increasing. Interesting days ahead...
Ambarji, my reading of last 3 years of DJT regime, suggests that the guy has been brought in to, pretty much, make the fight with the Chinese official with a goal of brining down the house of Han. And, along the way, mammoth amounts of money/incentives have been thrown to compensate for the business losses came about from picking up the fight with the Chinese. More appropriate to say, that those (call it chosen ones, establishment etc. etc.) who placed the guy in the office asked him to provide tax breaks and trillions of digital money printing as a compensation for what they wanted to achieve. If that is correct (or at least close), the objective seems to be on right track and the finishing touches require at least one more term. My money on, aur ek bar DJT sarkar...
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

The problem is that Biden suffers from some mental imbalance disorder. This means he "owes" the party and selected a VP that would serve the party's interest. It is important to remind everyone here what Biden's website says and to challenge Harris's standing on relations with India.

This is what Biden's website says as of today about Harris's background:
The first Black and Indian American woman to represent California in the United States Senate, Kamala Harris grew up believing in the promise of America and fighting to make sure that promise is fulfilled for all Americans. Kamala’s father immigrated to the U.S. from Jamaica to study economics and her mother immigrated from India. Kamala’s mother told her growing up “Don’t sit around and complain about things, do something,” which is what drives Kamala every single day.
This is what Biden's website says as of today about India as framed from the Muslim viewpoint:
In Kashmir, the Indian government should take all necessary steps to restore rights for all the people of Kashmir. Restrictions on dissent, such as preventing peaceful protests or shutting or slowing down the Internet, weaken democracy. Joe Biden has been disappointed by the measures that the government of India has taken with the implementation and aftermath of the National Register of Citizens in Assam and the passage of the Citizenship Amendment Act into law. These measures are inconsistent with the country’s long tradition of secularism and with sustaining a multi-ethnic and multi-religious democracy.
If you have nothing positive to say, then don't say anything at all. As Harris claims to be "Indian-American", she should clarify if her position is congruent with urban naxals such as Pramilia Jaypal and Ro Khanna.
Raja
BRFite

Post by Raja »

Trump is the worst President USA can have. I am not a big fan of Biden but at least it's not Bernie Sanders. Sure Trump has gotten some things right, but the number of things he has gotten wrong far outweighs anything else. Some points:

1) One more term is not going to do shit against China if the other major political party is not on board. India better figure out China themselves without hoping for help from USA. If India cannot convince the Democrats to also continue the alignment away from China then we need new diplomats.

2) In my opinion, there are other very real threats for India like climate change which hold the potential to be far worse than China or Pakistan in the long run. Trump's record has been nothing but disastrous in that.

3) Trump is not reliable at all. He is as likely to turn around and sanction India as he is to continue to attack China.

4) USA is going to continue to lecture us regardless of who is the governing party. Sure it might be worse with a Democratic party in charge but India is more than able to deal with that.

5) Another term of Trump could lead to a scenario where an ultra left is elected as President in 2024 reversing any benefit accrued in the next 4 years and worse. No one is perfect but Biden is overall far more centrist than it could have been.

6) I don't even want to know how much money and power the evangelicals are getting under Trump.

I will be happily voting for Biden this November.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

The biggest benefit of Trump imo is that most of screeching hooman daye activists would be busy with him rather than lecturing others especially india. Other than that, it matters little who sits in the iron throne.

Americans aren't going to let cheen pass them by just because byeden forgot what day it is.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Mort Walker wrote: As Harris claims to be "Indian-American", she should clarify if her position is congruent with urban naxals such as Pramilia Jaypal and Ro Khanna.
Do we know anything about her positions so far?. Being an ambitious politician I'd expect she'll make comments that are most expedient at a given moment. And change her positions as needed. If she thiks India will be on the winning side, she and these moderate Dems will be on board. Bernie otoh...
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

Amber G. wrote:Kamala Harris is VP pick.

Kamal in India, and Kamala to help Biden in Yoo Ess Yay!
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Reliance Foundation partners with W-GDP and USAID to bridge Gender Digital Divide in India
https://www.deshgujarat.com/2020/08/12/ ... -in-india/
Mumbai: Under the Women’s Global Development and Prosperity (W-GDP) Initiative, a new partnership between the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and Reliance Foundation will bridge the gender digital divide in India. The partnership was announced at a W-GDP event yesterday, hosted by Deputy Secretary of State of the United States Stephen Biegun and with special guest, Ivanka Trump, Advisor to the President of the United States, and Deputy USAID Administrator Bonnie Glick. The event was live streamed at www.state.gov.

Ivanka Trump, Advisor to the President, said: “The W-GDP Fund was created to source and scale the most innovative programs to advance women’s economic empowerment. We are leveraging the resources and expertise of the U.S. government and the private sector so that activities have enduring, deep effects on the communities they reach.”

John Barsa, Acting Administrator, USAID, said: “Global prosperity will remain out of reach if we exclude half the population. At the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), we believe investment in women is key to unlocking human potential on a transformational scale. The W-GDP Fund at USAID is financing innovative solutions to close the economic gap between women and men and help our partners advance on their Journeys to Self-Reliance.”
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Cain Marko wrote:
Mort Walker wrote: As Harris claims to be "Indian-American", she should clarify if her position is congruent with urban naxals such as Pramilia Jaypal and Ro Khanna.
Do we know anything about her positions so far?. Being an ambitious politician I'd expect she'll make comments that are most expedient at a given moment. And change her positions as needed. If she thiks India will be on the winning side, she and these moderate Dems will be on board. Bernie otoh...
You are correct. Her positions evolve based on political expediency - much more so than other politicians. In the primaries she focussed on her black identity until she was losing and then brought out her Indian identity. However, she has vigorously supported her party's position on a whole host of leftist issues. Her position on India is unclear, but her party's position, as stated on Biden's site, is quite clear. Instead of giving such people a pass, they need to be questioned and publicly explain their standing.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

I woul wait for Kamala Harris to articulate her views on China, Islamic terrorism and India - US relationship before forming a opinion.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Is Kamala going to be another Sarah Palin and pull down Biden?
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

She was also critical of GoI when external affairs minister S JayShankar refused to meet with US Foreign affairs committee after learning that one of the committee member is Promila Jaypal. Promila Jaypal has been a vocal cheerleader for Kamala Harris . Whatever Kamala Harris' personal beliefs or political leanings, the democratic party as a whole has been moving further and further to the leftmost fringe of the political spectrum. The US democrats from a historic and global context were center-left at worst and centrists at best but we've seen the needle shift to extreme left in the last 25 years or so. Biden is an old guard, and the democrats know that his declining mental health and his age would mean whoever is the VP will drive the administration from the passenger seat, and takeover the wheel after the end of the term. Truly a decline of the empire when the choices americans have is to either chose Trump-Pence or Kamala-Biden.

Btw, in somewhat of a comical development 6 US towns/cities have passed a anti-CAA resolution ! This is akin to 13th ward of Indore municipality passing resolution against some US naturalization law ! All 6 of these city councils are under democrat control.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Few comments because elections matter and are quite important for India-US relations so on-topic.
Raja wrote:Trump is the worst President USA can have.

Without doubt. Not only for USA but from what I have seen in the last 40 year, this is true in any other democratic country including India.
His (and his enablers) calling COVID hoax has killed about 140,000 NEEDLESS deaths in USA. Our own governor( a republican) is disgusted with him as instead of helping he is making it very hard for him to fight the virus. cHis advisers in *any* scientific field are order of magnitude worse than any other country/era I have seen. Racial hatred, children in cages, people (including Indian students who any parent will be proud to have) have been shot/killed by his active encouragement.

Just for background, I have been voting in US elections for last 40 years and I have a large family (many generation) many siblings, children, grand-children, and as I have been teaching for many years, many students, friends - in all political spectrum. Family both in US and India - as said - diverse political views.

But I don't have a *single* friend (including social media ) , or even any one decent, I know among my circle, who has seen the situation in USA - degraded over last 3 years that bad. Every friend, including those who were life long republicans, who even served as lawmakers for a long time are NOT going to vote for Trump. Our governor (Republican) is going to speak this time at Democratic convention. Our past presidents (including Republicans),every decent leader (including life-long- republicans) I know will agree that Trump has been a disaster. Our neighborhood - rich, educated and highly conservative and historically 70-80% Republicans, are openly working for Biden ticket.

Sure brf, there are Trump supporters, and there are millions of tweets, bots, and even people who may still vote for the guy.. but having lived long enough I have seen North Korea or Pakistan, leaders like that get elected. Never thought that USA would be one. So taking this election seriously.
I will be happily voting for Biden this November.
Thanks. Please do vote. Elections matter. Voting matters. The election is very important to India-US relationship and other important aspects.,
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

She is not Indian or Hindu.
She is about as friendly towards India as is Premila Jayapal. Why do Indian's celebrate when a sliver of genetic material makes it anywhere. She is irrelevant. Only Indian's are so foolish. Look at Biden hobnobbing with the Jihad brigade. Between the devil and deep sea you choose lesser of two evils which is...
Tulsi would have been much better if she ever had a chance.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Did Trump ever go so much against India?

https://thewire.in/world/us-nominee-joe ... rc-kashmir

Joe Biden 'Disappointed' With CAA, NRC, Seeks Restoration of Rights for People of Kashmir

A group of Hindu Americans has reached out to the Biden campaign expressing resentment to the language used against India and urged it to reconsider the views.

Washington: Democratic presidential nominee and former US vice president Joe Biden wants India to take necessary steps to restore the rights of Kashmiris, and has expressed disappointment over the Citizenship (Amendment) Act and the implementation of the NRC in Assam.

According to a policy paper – Joe Biden’s agenda for Muslim American community’ – posted recently on his campaign website, these measures (the CAA and the National Register of Citizens) are inconsistent with the country’s long tradition of secularism and with sustaining a multi-ethnic and multi-religious democracy.

A group of Hindu Americans has reached out to the Biden campaign expressing resentment to the language used against India and urged it to reconsider the views. The group has also sought a similar policy paper on Hindu Americans.

The Biden campaign did not respond to questions.

Observing that Biden understands the pain Muslim-Americans feel towards what is happening in Muslim-majority countries and countries with significant Muslim populations, the policy paper clubbed together Kashmir and Assam in India with the forced detention of over a million Uyghur Muslims in western China, and discrimination and atrocities against Myanmar’s Rohingya Muslim minority.

In Kashmir, the Indian government should take all necessary steps to restore the rights of all the people of Kashmir. Restrictions on dissent, such as preventing peaceful protests or shutting or slowing down the internet, weakens democracy.

Joe Biden has been disappointed by the measures that the government of India has taken with the implementation and aftermath of the National Register of Citizens (NRC) in Assam and the passage of the Citizenship (Amendment) Act into law, the policy paper said.
:rotfl: yet voters of Biden claim to be well wishers of Bharat
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Trump may not be the smartest tool in the box but he is a part of a ecosystem which atleast in this point of time looks far far less dangerous to US and the world than left-lib democrats/labor party/other global urban naxal parties. In the past 3 decades the left has openly aligned with islamist extremists, anti-semites, hinduphobics, marxist fundamentalists , anarchists and off late with rioters and looters. After seeing what happened in Portland, LA, Orange County, Seattle, Chicago, NYC etc. with democrats cheering these extremists i cannot help but wonder if i am better off under a president who wonders out loud if injecting bleach into lungs could cure covid than under a president under who's watch my business will be looted, firebombed, and i'll be attacked for my religion and my support to my country of birth.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Tulsi Gabbard: "Happy Janmashtami!"
She has no Indian genes but is more Hindu than your Pramilas, Kamals or Ros. Jai Shri Krishna!

vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Those claiming to vote for Biden should clarify if they are registered democrats, independents or have ever voted republican. Trump is not ideal on every issue, but is the better choice of the two at the moment. The alternative is living with perma-riots and a revolving door from county jail to our local city council.
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

Jarita wrote:She is not Indian or Hindu.
She is about as friendly towards India as is Premila Jayapal. Why do Indian's celebrate when a sliver of genetic material makes it anywhere. She is irrelevant. Only Indian's are so foolish. Look at Biden hobnobbing with the Jihad brigade. Between the devil and deep sea you choose lesser of two evils which is...
Tulsi would have been much better if she ever had a chance.

Without a doubt - Kamla Devi Harris who never uses he middle name and never claims Indian ancestry is a self-proclaimed African American. About as African American as the NAACP white lady who claimed to be black for years only to be discovered she was born to caucasian parents. Kamla Devi is an Indian and Hindu apologist and firmly in the Jihadi brigade.

Given Biden will be 79 when he takes oath if he wins, she's presumptive president in the first term.
Last edited by Raveen on 12 Aug 2020 21:23, edited 1 time in total.
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

Manish_Sharma wrote:Did Trump ever go so much against India?

https://thewire.in/world/us-nominee-joe ... rc-kashmir

Joe Biden 'Disappointed' With CAA, NRC, Seeks Restoration of Rights for People of Kashmir

A group of Hindu Americans has reached out to the Biden campaign expressing resentment to the language used against India and urged it to reconsider the views.

Washington: Democratic presidential nominee and former US vice president Joe Biden wants India to take necessary steps to restore the rights of Kashmiris, and has expressed disappointment over the Citizenship (Amendment) Act and the implementation of the NRC in Assam.

According to a policy paper – Joe Biden’s agenda for Muslim American community’ – posted recently on his campaign website, these measures (the CAA and the National Register of Citizens) are inconsistent with the country’s long tradition of secularism and with sustaining a multi-ethnic and multi-religious democracy.

A group of Hindu Americans has reached out to the Biden campaign expressing resentment to the language used against India and urged it to reconsider the views. The group has also sought a similar policy paper on Hindu Americans.

The Biden campaign did not respond to questions.

Observing that Biden understands the pain Muslim-Americans feel towards what is happening in Muslim-majority countries and countries with significant Muslim populations, the policy paper clubbed together Kashmir and Assam in India with the forced detention of over a million Uyghur Muslims in western China, and discrimination and atrocities against Myanmar’s Rohingya Muslim minority.

In Kashmir, the Indian government should take all necessary steps to restore the rights of all the people of Kashmir. Restrictions on dissent, such as preventing peaceful protests or shutting or slowing down the internet, weakens democracy.

Joe Biden has been disappointed by the measures that the government of India has taken with the implementation and aftermath of the National Register of Citizens (NRC) in Assam and the passage of the Citizenship (Amendment) Act into law, the policy paper said.
:rotfl: yet voters of Biden claim to be well wishers of Bharat
Point of note, his campaign manager, is a Porki, and the made some of these anti-Indian comments at a Porki restaurant fund raiser. Furthermore, he spoke at the American Muslim Alliance and there is a WhatsApp video doing the rounds where he thanks them for a million votes they've promised him and promises them that 'public schools should teach more about Islam since they share their roots with Christianity' - true story. Let that sink in.
dsreedhar
BRFite

Post by dsreedhar »

I am surprised looking at folks in BRF cheering for Biden and democrats. Are you serious? Today US democrats are nothing short than the Congress of India siding with extreme left communists and islamists, supporting anarchy.
Trump is not a great guy. Everyone knows that. He comes as a arrogant businessman. The democrats hurting his ego fired him up. He is doing what no other sane person able to do that is stand up to radical communists and islamists and trash the political correctness and cuckness to give voice to the majority. At this time in the current world political context and equation he is best suited and that is beneficial to India and hindus. Keeps China in check. Otherwise emboldened China and Pak will do more misadventures. Gives breathing space for India to further strengthen itself to the adversaries.
Biden and democrat supporters cannot be expected to be well wishers of India and hindus. IMO
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

From my Indian perspective, return of Trump seems by far the most favorable outcome.

I don't know a whole lot about where the candidates exactly stand on various issues that the locals deem important. But I have a few comments:

The presidential debates have not started yet. Polls/voter decisions can dramatically change once they see the candidates "in action".

Trump has plenty of achievements to talk about and can easily overwhelm Joe who has not done anything useful in years.

I also think that opening questions by Trump such as "what is today's date" or "what is your birthday" could create issues for Joe. I think he has something like early-stage Alzheimer's. I had an uncle who I used to visit as he progressed through all the stages, and Joe reminds me of that.

Assuming Trump wins the first debate, he should then demand that Kamaladevi join the next one. Not only will that project an image of strength (taking on two opponents together), but Trump should make it clear the country should know what she will do as a Prez (since Biden doesn't seem reliable to last a term).
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Meanwhile: Some positive news to spread around..

Donald Trump (and Ivanka Trump also) contributed several thousand dollars to re-elect Kamala Harris in California.

Kamala Harris made good use of that money, re-donating it to help Central American Immigrants.
(Story in sfgate: https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article ... 62842.php_
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Meanwhile good news is for quite some time members of Congress (both Republicans and Democrats) have quietly blocked major weapon sales to Turkey which Trump was trying very hard. The impasse is yet another rift in the relationship between two NATO allies.. but it also prevented Turkey to sell attack Helicopters to Pakistan. (Why would Trump admin think Pak need attack helicopters). News source - many reputable sources for example one here: https://www.defensenews.com/breaking-ne ... two-years/.. or congress records.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

schinnas wrote:I woul wait for Kamala Harris to articulate her views on China, Islamic terrorism and India - US relationship before forming a opinion.
No need to wait:
As a public figure, Harris has batted for strong ties between India and the US, but was also critical of the situation that emerged in Kashmir after the revocation of Article 370 last year. As she weighed in on the situation in Kashmir after the Modi government’s Article 370 move, Harris said in October 2019, “We have to remind the Kashmiris that they are not alone in the world. We are keeping a track on the situation. There is a need to intervene if the situation demands.”

She was responding to a question about “human rights abuses” in Kashmir, and the restrictions imposed — including curfews and a communication blackout — following the revocation of Article 370.

She also stood by her fellow Indian-origin Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal when External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar refused to attend a meeting in the US over her participation. Jayapal had earlier moved a resolution on the Kashmir issue in the House of Representatives.

“It’s wrong for any foreign government to tell Congress what members are allowed in meetings on Capitol Hill,” Harris had said in a tweet.
While many Congress members decried the Kashmir situation, her comments gained further limelight because of her Indian roots.

Meanwhile, Biden, her partner in the election, has been critical of the Citizenship Amendment Act.
https://theprint.in/world/kamala-harris ... ar/480424/
Hurray the wellwishers of Bharat will vote for Biden-Harris.
Last edited by Manish_Sharma on 13 Aug 2020 00:02, edited 1 time in total.
dsreedhar
BRFite

Post by dsreedhar »

Amber G. wrote:Meanwhile: Some positive news to spread around..
Donald Trump (and Ivanka Trump also) contributed several thousand dollars to re-elect Kamala Harris in California.
In the article beginning itself it says -
"President Donald Trump and his daughter Ivanka each donated to Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) when she was running for reelection to the office of California Attorney General several years ago, the Sacramento Bee reports."

Trump enjoyed celebrity status and all goody with leftists and elite until before going for US presidentship. Post becoming president he became a racist and bigot to these very elite and celebrities. And it goes vice-versa. Those who attack Trump he is vicious against them and gives back.

As individuals Biden and Kamala Harris may not be as bad folks but they got sucked and controlled by deep state leftists. These folks are not strong enough and dare to deviate from the directions laid out by elite leftists n islamists cabal. They are the equivalent of ManMohan singh.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

TWITTER

@5Forty3:

How clueless can some Indians be to celebrate the "heritage of Kamala Harris", a coloured Hillary Clinton version 2.0 and an out and out costal liberal from California with ZERO civilizational or even transactional connect with India
https://twitter.com/5Forty3/status/1293 ... 22848?s=19
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Amber G. wrote:Meanwhile good news is for quite some time members of Congress (both Republicans and Democrats) have quietly blocked major weapon sales to Turkey which Trump was trying very hard. The impasse is yet another rift in the relationship between two NATO allies.. but it also prevented Turkey to sell attack Helicopters to Pakistan. (Why would Trump admin think Pak need attack helicopters). News source - many reputable sources for example one here: https://www.defensenews.com/breaking-ne ... two-years/.. or congress records.
This is tied to F-35 sales and getting access to the S-400, but no worries because next year the Biden administration will resume sales to Turkey and offer both military and civilian aid to Pakistan.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

TWITTER

@5Forty3:

How clueless can some Indians be to celebrate the "heritage of Kamala Harris", a coloured Hillary Clinton version 2.0 and an out and out costal liberal from California with ZERO civilizational or even transactional connect with India
https://twitter.com/5Forty3/status/1293 ... 22848?s=19
^^ Not really accurate!
Biden and Kamala are not liberals they are Republicans in blue coat.
Kamala is a self professed Top-Cop who incarcerated many African Americans and poor people for not sending their kids to school or marijuana use. Biden was the one who passed the law that made this possible, both of them go a long way. It's surprising that she was picked for VP position given her terrible human rights record as a prosecutor and it's effect on the people of color right in the middle of one of the most violent anti-police race riots in USA.
She can really wield the stick if it comes to that.

The reason they talk against India is due to better media management by Pakis and obvious peaceful lobby. India has no presence whatsoever in the Dem establishment, and whatever little Hindu sounding names exist, are all self-loathing commies.
Last edited by vimal on 13 Aug 2020 02:39, edited 1 time in total.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

TWITTER

Most intelligent anchor
@palkisu:
Headlines celebrating the blooming of a “kamal” (lotus) in the US,an “Indian” face in the Presidential race may be missing an important point- @KamalaHarris’s stand on Kashmir & India. She’s an American politician looking for Indian-American votes.Nothing wrong. But nothing more.
https://twitter.com/palkisu/status/1293 ... 25953?s=19
k prasad
BRFite

Post by k prasad »

I think Sonia Gandhi has spoiled us... Now we expect every Indian American to be as devoted to India as Sonia is to Italy.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

dsreedhar wrote: In the article beginning itself it says -
I put the link so people can see what "it say" .. and it is silly to put "spin" or explain what it means or how long ago it was.. it is what it is.
(For me, It was interesting that Both DT and Ivanka donated (in more than one campaign btw, but as late as 2014 .. even more interesting was Kamala Harris did not use the money but gave it to a good cause)
. Post becoming president he became a racist and bigot..

Are you serious? As someone who has known DT since 1970's .. he was one of the most racist bigot person among famous people in New York. Father caught/arrested in KKK rally ..He got convicted for racial policies in renting etc.. was not secret he did not suddenly "become".. he always was and it was well known too (Because of *many* outrageous thing he did and *are* well documented)... He was in news always and not in a positive way.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Jarita wrote:She is not Indian or Hindu.
Most of us, who live in US and not Pakistan, really do not need certificates from a brf expert to know who is (or who is not) "pure" something hindu/Indian. This kind argumentum ad hominem (abusive talk with virtually no basis) really has no merit.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Mod Note

This thread is not a place to discuss campaign contributions, North vs South Indian origins of names, or just express your own US political preference in general.

Please make a conscious effort to focus on the central emphasis needed here - what's in this for India ? It's totally ok to personally support one party as your voting choice, but in the larger calculus of Indian interests, feel that the other party is better. The former is not relevant to this thread. Only the latter matters.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Are you serious? As someone who has known DT since 1970's .. he was one of the most racist bigot person among famous people in New York. Father caught/arrested in KKK rally ..He got convicted for racial policies in renting etc.. was not secret he did not suddenly "become".. he always was and it was well known too (Because of *many* outrageous thing he did and *are* well documented)... He was in news always and not in a positive way.
This is correct. In 1989, DT raged against 4 black kids implicated for the brutal Rape of the Central Park Jogger. He took out full page ads in the NYT and WaPo calling for the death sentence. It was in the mid 1990s when they were acquitted based on DNA evidence and each of them got $1 million compensation.

That said. We know where DT stands in particular to relations with India and Indian-Americans. It is strictly transactional and nothing more. Many of us appreciate that, including PM Modi, to promote India-US relations. DT has made the right moves on Pakistan by cutting aid and confronting China. Many of us uncultured, uneducated, and indecent persons will MOST WHOLEHEARTEDLY SUPPORT DONALD TRUMP ON 03 NOV 2020. It is far better than pretending to be of Indian origin and supporting the Urban Naxal Party of America (UNPA).