Amarnath Yatris killed in terror attack. Allahoakbar

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: Amarnath Yatris killed in terror attack. Allahoakbar

Post by ramana »

Give them time and our Police will get to bottom of it.
Only we don't have time on Forum and folks get argumentative.
LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

Reading RDs scenario reminded me of a story i read somewhere about Iraq and unkil.

The basic question is this, the mob takes time to gather and get riled up. The question is whether they take more than 4 hours to form. If so, then one way would be to go after those who supply food to these folks.

Worked in Iraq ( will search for the reference) but I am sure situation here is completely different as these are our own citizens on our own soil. Just a thought.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Lots of info here

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/622 ... rnath.html
The Special Investigation Team, probing the recent terror attack on Amarnath pilgrims, has arrested a policeman for his suspected role in the incident. A ruling PDP legislator is also being questioned in connection with the case.

Touseef Ahmad, from the security wing of the Jammu and Kashmir Police, who had been deputed as driver to Wachi MLA Aijaz Mir seven months ago, was picked up by the police on Thursday, sources told DH.
“Ahmad was arrested based on a phone intercept. The policeman had made a call to a militant handler and on the basis of that clue, he is being questioned by the SIT,” a source said.
According to sources, more than 20 people have been questioned so far in the case. “Some of them were released after questioning, while a few others are still in police custody. The SIT is investigating as to who provided the lead to militants about the movement of the yatra bus that was attacked,” the source said.
IGP (Kashmir) Muneer Khan, while confirming Ahmad’s arrest, said the SIT is probing as who provided the militants logistic and local support. “The policeman, a resident of Chakoura, Pulwama, found to have links with militants, is being questioned. He is cooperating with us and is spilling the beans,” he told reporters.
MLA Mir confirmed that his driver has been arrested for investigation in a “militancy related case”. The six-member SIT is headed by DIG (South Kashmir) S P Pani and includes SSP (Anantnag) Altaf Khan, a DSP-rank officer and some others.
Seven pilgrims were killed and 19 injured...
ramana, I don't see anything about the 3 attackers being nabbed yet.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

LokeshC wrote:Reading RDs scenario reminded me of a story i read somewhere about Iraq and unkil.

The basic question is this, the mob takes time to gather and get riled up. The question is whether they take more than 4 hours to form. If so, then one way would be to go after those who supply food to these folks.

Worked in Iraq ( will search for the reference) but I am sure situation here is completely different as these are our own citizens on our own soil. Just a thought.
What would unkil cops do if some group throws stones at them leading to potential loss of cops' lives, their soil, their citizens, we need to do the same.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Rudradev wrote:I want to point out a common operational tactic in Islamist mass-violence in the Indian subcontinent. It's a pattern you see repeatedly in incidents of such mass-violence, whatever their intensity or supposed "root cause".

I've sketched a couple of rough graphics to illustrate..
Rudradev

With apologies and without permission on Twitter
https://twitter.com/bennedose/status/886077458931261440
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Rted
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Prem Kumar wrote: I have a corollary to this model: Every Muslim is at most 2 degrees separated from a sleeper cell.
You are very much on the ball. Its as accurate depiction as it can be. Let me give you an example. In the extended circle of friends and acquaintences, a Hindu man has married an Mohmeddan woman. Their kids have Arabic names. The woman is an Ashraf from Aligarh. In circles she claims she is atheist. As almost all others are Hindus. A cursory look at the kitab-e-chehra reveals her 2 brothers, are book hardcore islamists. And I was not surprised. The couple Cant help themselves from saying how we should carry out pappi-zhappi with Paki.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Primus wrote:^^
The other reason is that once a muslim gets a 'western education' or degree, he is highly desirable to the peacefools, esp in ME where they crave the attention of goras but will be happy with substitutes. BMJ in days of yore used to carry job adverts from the ME that very clearly asked for British degree holders and were happy to take even Indians with such and paid them 2-3 times what a desi from India would get. I know some who are still there after 30 yrs!
Still see those adverts for Doobai, Riyadh and Doha. Stories told by some Indian mates about their experiences makes me shudder and I do wonder how can the love for money overtake the love for your own survival.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

panduranghari wrote:
Prem Kumar wrote: I have a corollary to this model: Every Muslim is at most 2 degrees separated from a sleeper cell.
You are very much on the ball. Its as accurate depiction as it can be. Let me give you an example. In the extended circle of friends and acquaintences, a Hindu man has married an Mohmeddan woman. Their kids have Arabic names. The woman is an Ashraf from Aligarh. In circles she claims she is atheist. As almost all others are Hindus. A cursory look at the kitab-e-chehra reveals her 2 brothers, are book hardcore islamists. And I was not surprised. The couple Cant help themselves from saying how we should carry out pappi-zhappi with Paki.
The explanation is simple and is derived from the oil droplet model of Islamic society. Almost everyone goes to the mosque if not 5 times a day at least once on Fridays. the Mullah is invariably a dark green jihadi. He cannot be a mullah otherwise. He has to rail against everything unislamic of which there is one heckuva lot in kafir lands and he will pass sermons on what should be done to such kafirs an practices as per book

ImageImage
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Thanks Shiv ji.

I have shared this model with many Hindus and seculars. They cannot see it or do not wish to see it. What is worse is many of these Hindu friends are kids of Indian Army officers. They would rather do pappi jhappi than face the reality.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Kids these days are by default seculars and left leaning, until the reality of life hits them.
Parents, do not protect your kids, let them be exposd to the realities of life early on
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Gagan ji,

Its the same red pill- blue pill conundrum.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

panduranghari wrote:
Primus wrote:^^
The other reason is that once a muslim gets a 'western education' or degree, he is highly desirable to the peacefools, esp in ME where they crave the attention of goras but will be happy with substitutes. BMJ in days of yore used to carry job adverts from the ME that very clearly asked for British degree holders and were happy to take even Indians with such and paid them 2-3 times what a desi from India would get. I know some who are still there after 30 yrs!
Still see those adverts for Doobai, Riyadh and Doha. Stories told by some Indian mates about their experiences makes me shudder and I do wonder how can the love for money overtake the love for your own survival.
Classmate of mine and his wife went to work in South Garbagia for a while. They had done their usual 'training' in the UK and were thus highly desirable and well compensated. Made lots of money. Then one day he saw a public beheading in the parking lot of a local Walmart equivalent. Continued to work regardless. Finally, as they were waiting at the airport to fly back to UK on their annual vacation (paid for by the local job), the social-police guy approaches his wife and asks her why her arms are not covered. She replied because I'm hot and in any case I am just waiting to board my flight to the UK. He told her he would arrest her right there and then unless she complied. Needless to say they never returned from the vacation and have been in the UK ever since.

Sometimes it takes a really big 'dhakka' to get people to see things for what they really are. Sadly at least half-dozen of my classmates are still there.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

OK! Lets stick to the topic.

What are updates of the Amarnath Yatra attack?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Real AoA!!!!

All three LeTlets killed.

Abu Ismail still at large.

https://twitter.com/AdityaRajKaul/statu ... 2141903873

UB note.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

[deleted]
Last edited by ramana on 18 Jul 2017 04:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ramana
vish_mulay
BRFite

Post by vish_mulay »

[deleted]
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

vish_mulay wrote:Deleted.
May i request sr members to stick to the topic.
dineshchaturvedi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by dineshchaturvedi »

abhik wrote:All major decisions are taken at PM and cabinet level. Kadi Ninda is only in charge day to day affairs, with much assistance from the NSA. Unless there is a decision made at the very top to change the status quo (i.e do nothing) there is little he can do.
As a outsider I am seeing things little differently. As per my understanding after Mehebooba and Modi meet where she was given a timeline to fix or let him fix. I don't remember the date but some days later Army changed strategy Corden and Search started. From then I constantly see momentum building for Army they are having success frequently. I see killing like every other day and even big success has started. My point is that how come people here think nothing is changing. I can understand the people who barely get into details.

FYI. I am a civilian living in US and work in IT. I am just passionate about Army and try to read about them daily.
dineshchaturvedi
BRFite -Trainee

shiv wrote:
Rudradev wrote:I want to point out a common operational tactic in Islamist mass-violence in the Indian subcontinent. It's a pattern you see repeatedly in incidents of such mass-violence, whatever their intensity or supposed "root cause".

I've sketched a couple of rough graphics to illustrate..
Rudradev

With apologies and without permission on Twitter
https://twitter.com/bennedose/status/886077458931261440
The challenge is very high, in spite of this I see our forces are doing great job. That increased my respect many folds.
dineshchaturvedi
BRFite -Trainee

ramana wrote:Real AoA!!!!

All three LeTlets killed.

Abu Ismail still at large.

https://twitter.com/AdityaRajKaul/statu ... 2141903873

UB note.
The way I see this unfolding. His days are numbered.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

IIRC retd lt gen Syed ATA Husnain mentioned a few months in his article in swarajyamag ??that things will be hot for terrorists. We have to brace ourselves for any attacks desperate to shore up the shagging morale of the terrorists. Paki handlers are having tough time to convince them.
(Higher money needed to give to family members )

He predicted this mopping up operations with likely increased defence casualties may take a year.
This is what few others are alluding too by saying by winter things will be much better.

Likely the Amarnath terrorists attack is a soft desperate type one to boost the dropping morale.

Hope the defence forces send the rats and pigs to their destined shithole asap.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Next month August could see an increase of attacks.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Three LeT terrorists killed on Monday were involved in Amarnath attack: army http://www.financialexpress.com/india-n ... my/768281/
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

X-Posting important post from Intel thread in Mil Forum:

sum wrote:Interesting insight into how many layers of agents and double agents are running around in J&K:
Police informant’s killing 2 months ago may hold key to attack on Amarnath yatris
Muhammad Yusuf Dar was buried on the third Friday of May, at his ancestral graveyard in the village of Gadoora, as a few dozen local residents stood by shouting slogans in support of Kashmir’s independence. His body had been found lying in the fields the previous day, ripped apart by bullets, killed by the men he had risked his life to serve.

Now, as J&K Police and intelligence services investigate Monday’s Amarnath Yatra attack, in which seven pilgrims were killed, one question has emerged as key: what led jihad commanders to raise the stakes by executing the first strike on religious pilgrims since 2006?

The answer could lie in the story of that man buried in Gadoora — a committed jihadist, and at the same time, a police spy.

For years now, jihadists have described the Yatra as part of a Hindutva plot to displace Muslims from the Valley, although such messages were rarely acted on. But an investigation by The Indian Express has revealed that a grim war within the Lashkar-e-Taiba, which claimed Dar’s life, may have led its commanders to finally target the pilgrimage in a bid to establish their ideological legitimacy before their followers.

A committed political Islamist, Dar was known to police for providing shelter and assistance to jihadist groups operating in and around his village. His relationship with Pakistani national Abdul Rehman, the LeT commander code-named Abu Qasim who took charge of South Kashmir in 2010-2011, was said to be intimate. :?: :?: :?:

In 2013, sources familiar with the case say, police found their way in, when Syed Abdul Shabir, Station House Officer of Chadoora, was killed by three gunmen at a hardware store in the local bazaar.
Inside the Lashkar, intelligence sources say, many suspected that Dar had something to do with Qasim’s killing. Qasim’s successor — still known only by the alias Abu Dujana — steered clear of Dar and his support networks, fearing infiltration. However, as the months ticked by, a new modus-vivendi developed between the two men, with Dujana discovering Dar’s use as a logistics provider.

Through 2016, as large-scale protests swept South Kashmir in the wake of the killing of Burhan Wani, the LeT was ordered to maintain a low profile, and focus on building a popular base. Dujana, sources say, used the opportunity to marry a local woman in the village of Singoo near Kakapora in Pulwama. Armed operations almost ground to a halt, even as the flow of information continued. :?:

Soon, sources say, Dujana’s deputies began to question his actions, blaming Dar’s influence. One of them, code-named Abu Ismail, even set up a rival faction, along with ethnic-Kashmiri jihadist Muhammad Ayub and two other south Kashmir residents. The group operated in the belt from Chadoora to Pampore, seeking to cash in on the rage unleashed after Wani’s death.

Meanwhile, sources say, police mounted pressure on Dar to deliver his boss, Dujana. The LeT’s growing popularity in southern Kashmir had become a source of strategic concern, and the fact that it had long-serving leaders like Dujana was seen as a key reason for its ability to garner support in the countryside.

In May, Dar delivered. Dujana was trapped in an Army cordon in north Kashmir, where he had gone to receive two new fidayeen. But the operation was bungled, and the target escaped. Days later, Dar was found shot dead.
I don't know if this another grandmother crossed LOC genre report.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

A lot of questions come to mind reading this report.

1, what does this have to do with anything.
2. it not like the ya tra has not been attacked before.
3. So why attribute the attack to the murder of a terrorist by fellow terrorist.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Is that an article by Praveen Swami?

If so, it's likely an ISI planted story to make it look like the Amarnath Yatra murders were the fallout of a "local gang war", thus absolving Pakistan
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Dr. Shiv! can you please add to your oil droplet model like

Deobandi/Wahabi/Tablighi/Jamati to be dark Green
Barelvi, etc to be light green
Purple to be Shia/sufi/etc
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

SBajwa it is a matter of power.
Once upon a time all these were interchangeable.
In other words during the Fatimid dynasty the Shia were dark green.
During the Ottoman Turkey the Naqshbandi Sufi were dark green.

Most of the atrocities that India saw was from peaceful Sufis.
And don't forget the Persian Shia Nadir Shah's sack of Delhi.
He was very Shia too.

These are travelling labels.

More important is the concept of purple to light to dark green.
Garooda
BRFite

Post by Garooda »

panduranghari wrote:They would rather do pappi jhappi than face the reality.
The term 'wussification' and 'submissive' comes to mind. All thanks to the secular media and entertainment industry.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

The have competing ideologies, and each is trying to earn sawab.
Its just that the wahabi's have taken a lead, this past few decades and stolen the thunder from the other side.
Talk to the israelis, their view point is different. The wahabis are actually milder from their POV.
DrRatnadip
BRFite

Post by DrRatnadip »

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/three-a ... 941109.cms

Three arrested for attack on Amarnath yatris: IGP Kashmir Munir Khan

NEW DELHI: Nearly a month after eight Amarnath pilgrims were killed during a terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir's Pahalgam area, the state police on Sunday said that they have cracked the case.
"Ismail, a Pakistani terrorist of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) alongwith two other associates and a local Kashmiri terrorist carried out the attack," IGP (Kashmir) Munir Khan said while addressing a press conference in Srinagar.
Giving details about the attack, the IGP said, "Three locals provided logistics support to the terrorists. All of the accused have been arrested and produced before court, currently under police remand."
"During investigation the accused completely revealed everything about the modus operandi of the terror attack," he said, adding, "They had code word 'Shaukat' for yatri vehicle and 'Bilal' for CRPF vehicle. It was purely a terrorist act."
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

This week all the terrorists have been killed.

Kudos to J&K police, Central Police forces, and Indian Army
Vande Mataram
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

ramana wrote:This week all the terrorists have been killed.

Kudos to J&K police, Central Police forces, and Indian Army
Vande Mataram
We lost one brave soldier also.