1. Who will replace Yameen? Mohamed Nasheed may will not be the best choice if we have to conduct free and fair elections.
2. Who all in the island are party with Chinese and who are just playing along? Removal of both wahabi and chinese elements will be critical to long term sustenance of democracy in the country?
3. Through what means will we ensure long term strategic interests in the country? We need to do this without compromising the sovereignty of the country?
4. What will be the sequence of events for the ultimate restoration of a democratic regime in the country that reflects the aspirations of the people?
5. What changes need to happen to institutions to ensure that they never slide back into the Chinese cesspool?
6. What will happen of the current regime? Specially President Yameen, Attorney General Anil and Head of Maldives Defense Forces Maj Gen Ahmed Shiyam?
7. What is the exact exit strategy we have in place from this operation?
I guess we are good once we have answers to the above questions.
Pushkarji, your questions are valid and answers to similar questions are prepared before doing anything (diplomacy/mili). Please allow me to show the other side of the coin.
Do you think Chinese, when entered Maldives, had answers to similar questions?
Do you think the Chinese interested in the strategic interests of the country?
When the Chinese bribed the local government for their purposes, do you think they had kindness in their heart for the local population and institutions?
When Yameen jailed elected MPs do you think he was worried about fair and free democracy?
Do you think Americans had answers to similar questions when they entered Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Vietnam etc. etc.?
When various groups in the ME are supplied weapons, do you think providers of such weapons have answers to similar questions?
Millions of innocent people have died in Syria, do you think countries have answers to similar questions when they fly their fancy aircrafts?
Do you think France has answers to similar questions to similar questions for their occupancy of Algeria, Libya, and other African countries?
Do you think those who authorized operation in Libya had answers to long term strategic interest of the country in their heart?
Do you think Russia should have waited to answers to similar questions before entering Crimea?
When Sunni cabal supplied weapons to various groups in Syria, do you think they thought about the future of all innocent children in Syrian schools?