Terroristan - 29 September 2017

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Re: Terroristan - 29 September 2017

Post by Falijee »

Pakistan Hurting At LOC :roll:

Indian Deputy High Commissioner summoned to Foreign Office, strong protest lodged over unprovoked ceasefire violation on LOC at Kotli, Nakyal sectors
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

For every Indian who dies in the valley, twice the number of Pakistani soldiers at their LOC post should meet their 72.
After all they played their part in pushing these people in no?
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Falijee wrote:Pakistan Hurting At LOC :roll:

Indian Deputy High Commissioner summoned to Foreign Office, strong protest lodged over unprovoked ceasefire violation on LOC at Kotli, Nakyal sectors
From the Good Times at Slummabad High, here's the apparent complaint:
He said, during this year, Indian forces have carried out more than eleven hundred ceasefire violations along the Line of Control and the Working Boundary, resulting in the shahadats of forty seven innocent civilians and injuries to one hundred and fifty nine, as compared to three hundred and eighty two ceasefire violations in 2016.
The year is not over yet but here's how it is penciling out. For a period of 9.5 months @ 3.86 "violations" per day including freaky-fridins (which is traditionally a day of rest and contemplation in al bakistan) compared to 1.05 "violations" per day in 2016. This is a jump of 267%. This is likely to go up in the next month or two before the snow fall when, traditionally speaking, momeens of the suicidal type tend to innocently wander over to the Indian side which then has to respond with examples of extreme love and caring.

Other point to ponder is that the 206 zakhmis et halaats equate to 18.7% efficiency. That is not a good metric to achieve. After all, that amounts to wasted ammo. Not worth the Indian High Commissioner's time to trudge over the paki foreign office. At least make it worth his trouble.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Gagan wrote:For every Indian who dies in the valley, twice the number of Pakistani soldiers at their LOC post should meet their 72.
I think that the complaints of "innocent civilians" killed is cover for paki strategic assets in border villages that harbor terrorists in their homes who use the assets' homes as temporary staging points. This also means that IA has accurate and credible human intel from the pok villages that help "paint" those homes with pinpoint accuracy.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Only in a banana republic's stock market...the day after the big scam!

The index experienced a bearish session throughout the day except for the last few minutes when the benchmark showed steep upward movement that recouped all the losses.
The last few minutes look like the ECG readout of a terminal patient.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1364637/psx-c ... negativity
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Pakistanis among the worst paid cricketers in the world
Even when they are at the bottom of the heap, the equal equal never stops.
Pakistan's international cricketers are among the worst paid in the world, figures collected by ESPNcricinfo reveal.
Sarfraz Ahmed, for example makes $300,000 in a year but is likely to lose much more in monetary terms if he suffers an injury, compared to counterparts Kane Williamson, Jason Holder and Angelo Mathews.
Surprisingly, the retainers of top tier players for the Champions Trophy winners are less than those of Ireland, which has yet to play a Test match.(how long will the pakis keep milking this one off blip?)
https://www.dawn.com/news/1364636/pakis ... -the-world
KrishnaK
BRFite

Post by KrishnaK »

Drone strikes in Pak-Afghan border region reflect changing moods in Washington

A recent New York Times report claimed that the Trump administration — which launched a new South Asia strategy in August — is now revising the US policy for drones as well.

In subsequent reports, other media outlets stated that the Trump administration plans to do away with two major restrictions on drone strikes placed by the former Obama administration:

Only high-level militants, who pose a “continuing and imminent threat” to Americans can be targeted.

Drone attacks and raids must undergo high-level vetting before they are executed
KrishnaK
BRFite

Post by KrishnaK »

A different reality
I once interviewed Gen Musharraf towards the end of his time in power. That very morning the papers had an opinion poll showing his unpopularity. I asked him about it. One of his aides looked alarmed and started secretly signalling me to change the subject. I soon discovered why: Musharraf produced his morning briefing papers. They contained a different poll — one that gave him a high rating.

“Look,” he told me. “I am well ahead in the polls.”

“But the poll in the papers shows you behind. It’s on the front page!” The official glared. Musharraf looked momentarily confused. He obviously hadn’t seen the newspapers. But he recovered quickly: “You have your polls and I have mine: who can say which one is right?”

The answer seemed clear: a poll conducted by a reputable organisation using scientifically tested procedures beat one made up by a sycophantic official. But he was not to be persuaded. He had his facts and I had mine.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

anupmisra wrote:
Gagan wrote:For every Indian who dies in the valley, twice the number of Pakistani soldiers at their LOC post should meet their 72.
I think that the complaints of "innocent civilians" killed is cover for paki strategic assets in border villages that harbor terrorists in their homes who use the assets' homes as temporary staging points. This also means that IA has accurate and credible human intel from the pok villages that help "paint" those homes with pinpoint accuracy.
This is the first time that Indian guns have been pointed at "other" targets. This was most unexpected and the pakis have no counter because this is what they have already been doing to us for decades to intimidate and threaten Indian civilians and also its part of their normal "The Quranic Concept of War" strategy.

The unshackled IA has now taken the fight right back to them, hunting down terrorists and targeting launch pads. The human intel is from the "local guides" who operate on both sides of the border
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the “India-US relations: News and Discussions IV” thread.

Excerpt dealing with the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan from the remarks on "Defining Our Relationship with India for the Next Century" by US Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson at the Center for Strategic & International Studies on October 18, 2017:
Pakistan, too, is an important U.S. partner in South Asia. Our relationships in the region stand on their own merits. We expect Pakistan to take decisive action against terrorist groups based within their own borders that threaten their own people and the broader region. In doing so, Pakistan furthers stability and peace for itself and its neighbors, and improves its own international standing.
Excerpt from the Q&A session dealing with the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Also note reference to the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s Higher than Himalaya’s, Deeper than Indian Ocean, Sweeter tha Honey, As close as lips to teeth, Stronger than Steel Iron Brother the Peoples Republic of China.:
QUESTION: I have about four or five questions that are all kind of clustered around the same issue, and that’s about the complex power geometry in this region. We’ve – India historically had close ties with Russia. China had close ties with Pakistan. We had – we tried to keep ties with both India and Pakistan. It’s a lot more complicated environment now. Could you just give your thoughts about India in this power geometry?

SECRETARY TILLERSON: Well, our – my view, and I think it is the collective view within the U.S. Government as well, is as China has risen over the last 20-plus years now to take its rightful place as an economic power in the world, moving hundreds of millions of their people out of poverty into middle-class status, India too has been rising. And I commented on this again in the remarks. As we watch how these two very large nations are taking their place – rightful place in the global economy, they’ve gone about it in different ways, and I touched on that. And I think that’s why the U.S. now sees this as an important point in thinking about the next century of our relationships.

We’re going to have important relationships with China. We’ll never have the same relationship with China, a non-democratic society, that we can have with a major democracy.

And so I think what has evolved, and I would have to let the Indians – Indian Government speak for themselves, but I think as India has gone through this process of rise, it too has taken account of the circumstances around it and its own history of relationships, and how have those relationships served their advancement and how have they not served their advancement. And I think as a – as the world’s largest – one of the world’s largest democracies, the world’s largest democracy, it has said, I want to be a partner with another democracy; I don’t want to partner with these other countries that do not operate with the same values.

I think at the end of it, this relationship is built on shared values. That’s what has brought us together. Two very large important democracies want to share the same future and we have a shared vision for the future.

And I think that’s what’s changed over the last couple of – three decades. There’s been a real accounting, as I have observed it – a real accounting has been taken by the Indian Government of its past experiences and it’s decided, this is where we want to go………………………..

MR HAMRE: Again, several questions: We’re dealing with Afghanistan and Afghanistan has complex geography, complex geopolitics, I should say, as well. The Indians have had a strong interest in what happens in Afghanistan, as does Pakistan, part of the backdrop here. Afghanistan – what are you going to be doing there?

SECRETARY TILLERSON: Well, you heard the President’s announced his new policy towards – and it’s the South Asia strategy. Afghanistan is what people tend to focus on. But one of the differences in how we approach the challenge there, and it’s why it took a little longer for us to fully develop the policy, is we do see it as a regional issue. It’s not solely an Afghanistan issue.

And you solve Afghanistan by addressing the regional challenges. And Pakistan is an important element of that. India is an important element of how we achieve the ultimate objective, which is a stable Afghanistan which no longer serves as a platform for terrorist organizations. Our policy, quite simply, on terrorism is that we will deny terrorists the opportunity, the means, the location, the wherewithal, the financing, the ability to organize and carry out attacks against Americans at home and abroad, anywhere in the world. Well, clearly the threat to that policy finds its locus in many ways in Afghanistan. And so, to the extent we can remove that as an opportunity for terrorism in Afghanistan, the greatest beneficiaries are going to be Pakistan and Afghanistan. And India’s important role is in providing development assistance to Afghanistan as they move forward to create better economic conditions that provide for the needs of a very diverse ethnic group of people in Afghanistan. So it is about a commitment, a message to the Taliban and other elements that we’re not going anywhere. And so we’ll be here as long as it takes for you to change your mind and decide you want to engage with the Afghan Government in a reconciliation process and develop a form of government that does suit the needs of the culture of Afghanistan.

And to the Afghan Government, they have to be committed to being open to addressing the full needs of the very ethnically diverse culture that exists in the country and its own history as well. And we think that is achievable and we can have a stable, peaceful Afghanistan. And when that happens, a big threat is removed from Pakistan’s future stability as well, which then creates a better condition for India-Pakistan relationships. So we see it as not just one issue, but a means of stabilizing the entire region. And we intend to work closely with India and with Pakistan to, we hope, ease tensions along their border as well.

Pakistan has two very troubled borders – two very troubled borders. And we’d like to help them take the tension down on both of those and secure a future stable Pakistan Government which we think improves relations in the region as well.
From the US State Department website:

Remarks on "Defining Our Relationship with India for the Next Century”
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

It Is Now Official . Ganja And His Family Is Officially Indicted ! Exile For Nawaz Looks More Attractive. :roll:

NAB court indicts Nawaz, Maryam, Capt (r) Safdar
The accountability court has indicted ousted Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, his daughter Maryam Nawaz and his son-in-law Captain (r) Safdar under London flats property reference filed by NAB. All suspects have rejected the allegations. Nawaz Sharif was indicted by the court in presence of his representative, Zafar Khan. The accountability court has already indicted sons of Nawaz Sharif, Hassan and Hussain Nawaz, in NAB references. Due to their non-appearance in the court, they have been declared absconders. Not sure, if this can be termed "tightening of the proverbial noose" :mrgreen:
The lawyer of Maryam and Captain (r) Safdar has requested the court to not to indict his clients today. The lawyer Amjad Pervaiz argued that references is incomplete. :roll:
Furthermore, Maryam Nawaz and Captain (r) Safdar's application for no indictment today was also rejected by the court. Not sure if cancer suffering Kulsoom will ever return to Pakistan to take up her NA Seat !
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

"Fraudster Dar" And Bajwa The Ahmedi" Fight Over The Decreasing Economic Pie :twisted:

Dar vs the general
AN extraordinary exchange has just occurred between the army chief and the finance minister. It is worth going through their words carefully to determine what exactly they have said to each other, since most commentaries on the matter have missed the central point.First consider what the general said in his remarks on Karachi on Oct 11. He began with the premise that in our time, with the rising regional hostilities and the changing face of conflict, “security has once again become the foremost business and task of the state”. Pakistan cannot afford to have a “gun vs butter” debate he said, because “we live in one of the most volatile regions of the world, dealing with multiple crises since inception, but increasingly so during the last four decades”. The Fauj wants to hog all the available resources until they find a "Brand New Sugar Daddy" to replace Massa . Bajwa's recent visit to Saudia can be looked at from this context. !
Even though his words called for “a balance between economy and security”, his intention through the talk was to emphasise the primacy of security over economy. In other words, when deciding on the scarce allocation of the state’s material resources — revenues and foreign exchange reserves — the “balance” must place security ahead of all other priorities. And social sector expenses will be "outsourced" to foreign Govts and /or NGO's !
The finance minister responded in his news conference on Oct 16 that the army has performed admirably in bringing down the level of terrorist violence in Pakistan, especially since the decision in June 2014 to take the operations into North Waziristan. “There are costs to these operations,” he said, “and we have been paying these costs,” he emphasised, regardless of the difficulties involved, such as the drying up of the Coalition Support Funds payments. When bills are "padded" this can happen :mrgreen:
But he added another dimension. Levels of terrorist attacks have indeed been brought down, but so has load-shedding, he said, underlining the fact that security and development are shared priorities and as such, have equal rights to the material resources of the state. Since those material resources, fiscal and foreign exchange primarily, are finite, parties invested in both priorities need to understand that their requirements will not be met one hundred per cent. Powerful trade-offs are involved when contemplating the “foremost business and task of the state”, and everybody must learn to play together to make things work. Economics 101 :roll:
What was new on Oct 11 was that the dialogue broke into public for the first time. Recall, for example, that Finance Minister Dar was talking about an “extraordinary security-related expenditure” that needed to be met and required a relaxation of the fiscal deficit ceiling set in the IMF programme. In one news conference at the conclusion of a round of talks with the Fund, he gave the figure of Rs140 billion as the requirement for this “one-off” expenditure. :roll:
Arms purchase to compete with India's aggressive defense buildup :roll:
But the expenditure item turned out to not be a one-off, but became a regular feature. It is not reflected in the defence budget, so those analysts who are pointing to the defence budget to argue that the amount of resources devoted to security-related expenditures has not changed over the years, are misleading us all. Many of these expenditures are commissioned through supplementary grants and other off budget operations.
Sialkoti juggling !
Repeatedly he emphasised the primacy of security, saying that the future of CPEC “hinges on one word, ‘security’” and “in order to maintain sustainable growth and progress, we must ensure law and order in the entire country”. The Chinification of Pakistan !
Dar is currently under immense pressure to accommodate the demands for additional fiscal and foreign exchange resources emanating from the security establishment, and he is being browbeaten into agreeing to them. He is on the back foot, with calls for his resignation mounting and the public discourse turning hostile towards him. But he is standing his ground on the point that the finite resources of the state must be shared between security- and development-related priorities. And not to talk about the personal pressure he is facing from the NAB , due to his "expertise in gol-maal" :twisted:
Those heckling him for his difficulties, and his cabinet colleagues eager to distance themselves from him due to his almost radioactive persona now, should bear in mind that his successor will step into this conversation, which is, in fact, decades old, and lies at the heart of our civil-military fault line. He cannot do justice . Either he should be allowed to resign and concentrate on saving his "ill gotten" wealth. Or he should be declared to go "scot free" so he can concentrate on fixing Paki Books of Accounts :mrgreen:
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the “Oppression of minorities in Pakistan” thread.

The Ahmadiyya’s aka Ahmadi’s were totally stupid to have believed that displaying Mohammadden supremacist induced hatred for Kaafir Hindu’s resulting in the pushing for the partition of the Indian Sub-Continent was going to be enough to curb the Mohammadden belief motivated persecution at the hands of their Sunni Mohammadden co-religionists in the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Author Mohammed Hanif who has roots in the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan, on the topic the persecution of Ahmadiyya’s aka Ahmadi’s by their Mohammadden co-religionists in the Land of The Pure:

Pakistan, Land of the Intolerant
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Looks like the US threatened Pakistan with a military commando raid to release the Canadian-American couple in captivity in NWFP
This was conveyed to Khawaja Asif, and so he was crying on TV about joint US-Pakistani operations on Pakistani soil

The US had located the couple's location via humint and were monitoring their location via aerial and space based assets.

The ISI and Pakistani Army had to rush stage manage an escape plan.
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

arun wrote:X Posted from the “Oppression of minorities in Pakistan” thread.

The Ahmadiyya’s aka Ahmadi’s were totally stupid to have believed that displaying Mohammadden supremacist induced hatred for Kaafir Hindu’s resulting in the pushing for the partition of the Indian Sub-Continent was going to be enough to curb the Mohammadden belief motivated persecution at the hands of their Sunni Mohammadden co-religionists in the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Author Mohammed Hanif who has roots in the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan, on the topic the persecution of Ahmadiyya’s aka Ahmadi’s by their Mohammadden co-religionists in the Land of The Pure:

Pakistan, Land of the Intolerant
In the article, the 'Liberal' author shows his true colors ...
As I grew up, Ahmadis went from being treated as zealous reformist Muslims to non-Muslims to kafir, or heretics — worse even than Hindus or Jews.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Gagan wrote:Looks like the US threatened Pakistan with a military commando raid to release the Canadian-American couple in captivity in NWFP. This was conveyed to Khawaja Asif, and so he was crying on TV about joint US-Pakistani operations on Pakistani soil.
The US had located the couple's location via humint and were monitoring their location via aerial and space based assets. The ISI and Pakistani Army had to rush stage manage an escape plan.
The key point in the narrative presented by the US is that the couple was always held in the wilds of pakhanistan when they were first noticed. They were not in afghanistan and were not being transferred into pakhanistan.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

15 injured in grenade attack in Mastung
Must be Mastung, Afghanistan because there are no terrorists or separatists in pakhanistan.
Fifteen people were injured on Thursday evening in a grenade attack in Mastung, Balochistan on Thursday
https://www.dawn.com/news/1364847/15-in ... in-mastung
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

4 'militants' killed in drone strike near Pak-Afghan border
The Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif and ISPR, the army's media wing, had both claimed that the strikes had been carried out in Afghan territory and Pakistan's airspace had not been violated, amid speculation that the strikes had targeted militants inside Pakistani territory.
:mrgreen:

https://www.dawn.com/news/1364833/4-mil ... han-border
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

anupmisra wrote:The key point in the narrative presented by the US is that the couple was always held in the wilds of pakhanistan when they were first noticed. They were not in afghanistan and were not being transferred into pakhanistan.
ISPR lied twice on 2 days. It seems that whenever an ISPR spokesman opens his mouth, he lies

1. First Lie: The couple were in Afghanistan, and were being transported to Pakistan, when they were intercepted.
Fact: They were always being held inside Pakistan, where the woman was raped repeatedly, and one of their 3 children was killed

The Trump administration threatened Khawaja Asifis accompanying military attaches with dire consequences, and within a week, the Pakistani Army stage managed this "rescue"

2. Second Lie: The Drone attacks in FATA.
Even the Pak pasand TV experts conceeded that ISPR is not being accurate when they called it "Drone attack on the Af-PAK border". It was well within the pakistani side of the durand ine - of course if Pakistan wants to call it Af-Pak border or even Afghanistan territory, who am I to complain hain ji? The afghans do claim all territory upto the Indus.

3. A third lie doing the rounds on Paki TV has to do with the people killed by the MOAB in Nangarhar Province near Tora Bora. It is well known that ISIS and Pakistanis were killed. The pakistanis are twisting it and lying telling their public that "Indians" were killed in the MOAB attack.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

There is some very serious Pak Pitai going on at every possible front.
The Indian army is punishing the crap out of the Fauj at the LOC Daily. Killing arresting all Pak pasa terrorist and OGWs in the valley.
The drones are taking out Pak pyare jihadis left, right and center.
Bechare ISI chief had to take premature retirement because he was about to be outed for his Jihad Loving ways. Once retired, his financial earning potential has probably taken a serious hit. :lol:
On the economic front, there is balle balle news every day !!!

One TV anchor was musing that with all this bad news all around, the "hubbulwatani" (Patriotism) of the abduls and ayeshas will go down

On the political front, everyone, every neta in Pakistan, is starting to sound like a Qaid-e-azam these days

I am lovin' it
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

India's "Diwali Gift" To Pakistan. Liberalization Of Medical Visa :roll:

India announces to issue medical visas for Pakistanis on Diwali
NEW DELHI – On the auspicious occasion of Diwali, India announced to grant medical visas to all Pakistani deserving cases pending.
In a tweet on Thursday, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj said: “On the auspicious occasion of India’s Independence day, we will grant medical visas in all bonafide cases pending with us.To a request for a visa by a Pakistani woman named Amna Shamin, whose father is already in Delhi for treatment and she wants to visit him, Swaraj said, “Please contact Indian High Commission in Pakistan. We will allow this.”
she had directed the Indian High Commission in Islamabad to issue a visa to a Pakistani child for medical treatment in India.The child’s father, Kashif, had requested Swaraj on Twitter to grant medical visa for treatment of Abdullah, saying he needed post-liver transplant evaluation in India.“The treatment of your child must not suffer for want of medicine. I have asked Indian High Commission to issue medical visa. @ChachaKashif,” the minister tweeted.
Kashif had said the child’s medicines were about to finish and he needed immediate medical consultation in India.In another tweet, Swaraj said a medical visa has also been approved for a Pakistani woman, who wants to undergo liver surgery in India.The woman’s son, Rafique Memon, had requested Swaraj to intervene and grant visa to his mother. Swaraj also responded positively to a request for a visa by Nazir Ahmed, whose eight-year-old child Mohammad Ahmed was awaiting medical visa for a year.“We will issue visa to facilitate treatment of your 8- year-old child in India,” she said.
Swaraj has been taking a sympathetic approach in granting medical visas to Pakistani nationals, notwithstanding strain in ties between India and Pakistan over a host of issues, including cross-border terrorism in Jammu and Kashmir.-Online
Doubt that this will somehow ,make a difference vis-a-vis Pakistan's use of Terrorism as an instrument of State Policy !
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Why counterterrorism course should be offered in universities of Pakistan? :roll:

First, you adopt Terrorism as an Instrument Of State Policy ( right from inception) by inciting the tribesman to invade Kashmir" by saying that Malsi is in danger ! And then, when the inevitable "blowback" begins to occur, years later and the (bad) Jihadis wants the Pakistan to become more green ( TTP), you float a Trial Balloon by offering counter terrorism course in universities . Who will conduct the "course" Bad Terrorist now becoming Good Terrorist. It is the like the classic "make work" project . You employ people to dig a hole - you do not need ! And then you employ another group of people to fill the hole again :mrgreen:
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Dar vs the general

AN extraordinary exchange has just occurred between the army chief and the finance minister. It is worth going through their words carefully to determine what exactly they have said to each other, since most commentaries on the matter have missed the central point.

First consider what the general said in his remarks on Karachi on Oct 11. He began with the premise that in our time, with the rising regional hostilities and the changing face of conflict, “security has once again become the foremost business and task of the state”. Pakistan cannot afford to have a “gun vs butter” debate he said, because “we live in one of the most volatile regions of the world, dealing with multiple crises since inception, but increasingly so during the last four decades”.

Even though his words called for “a balance between economy and security”, his intention through the talk was to emphasise the primacy of security over economy. In other words, when deciding on the scarce allocation of the state’s material resources — revenues and foreign exchange reserves — the “balance” must place security ahead of all other priorities.

Dar is emphasising the point that finite resources must be shared between security and development priorities.

The finance minister responded in his news conference on Oct 16 that the army has performed admirably in bringing down the level of terrorist violence in Pakistan, especially since the decision in June 2014 to take the operations into North Waziristan. “There are costs to these operations,” he said, “and we have been paying these costs,” he emphasised, regardless of the difficulties involved, such as the drying up of the Coalition Support Funds payments.

But he added another dimension. Levels of terrorist attacks have indeed been brought down, but so has load-shedding, he said, underlining the fact that security and development are shared priorities and as such, have equal rights to the material resources of the state. Since those material resources, fiscal and foreign exchange primarily, are finite parties invested in both priorities need to understand that their requirements will not be met one hundred per cent. Powerful trade-offs are involved when contemplating the “foremost business and task of the state”, and everybody must learn to play together to make things work. I. O. W. Dar wants to limit the "Defence Allocations"mindful of the needs of Terroristan's Economy.

The general showed some understanding of this argument in his remarks, since quite obviously this exchange did not begin on Oct 11 but has been taking place in more private settings for years now. The army has been seeing its requirements for resources increasing ever since it launched its myriad operations at home, launched a drive to upgrade its hardware, and began the task of building the CPEC security force, which is turning out to be a more expensive exercise than originally envisioned.

What was new on Oct 11 was that the dialogue broke into public for the first time. Recall, for example, that Finance Minister Dar was talking about an “extraordinary security-related expenditure” that needed to be met and required a relaxation of the fiscal deficit ceiling set in the IMF programme. In one news conference at the conclusion of a round of talks with the Fund, he gave the figure of Rs140 billion as the requirement for this “one-off” expenditure.

But the expenditure item turned out to not be a one-off, but became a regular feature. It is not reflected in the defence budget, so those analysts who are pointing to the defence budget to argue that the amount of resources devoted to security-related expenditures has not changed over the years, are misleading us all. Many of these expenditures are commissioned through supplementary grants and other off budget operations.

Gen Bajwa showed that he is sensitive to the argument that the resources of the state are finite. “If I were a statesman or an economist, I would say that this is high time for us to place economic growth and sustainability at the highest priority,” he declared, before telling everyone that the economy is the top item on the agenda in discussions at the National Security Council.

He listed the expanding the tax base and bringing in “fiscal discipline” as important economic priorities. “Pakistan is capable of creating sufficient fiscal space to address underlying structural problems through tax reforms, documenting economy, diversifying the export base, and encouraging savings to finance a level of investment that could sustain growth rate higher than the rise of population” he went on.

Translation: if the resources of the state are finite, then growing the size of the pie is the responsibility of the rulers, and that is something they must do. Particularly because, as he put it, “in today’s world, security does not come cheap”.

Repeatedly he emphasised the primacy of security, saying that the future of CPEC “hinges on one word, ‘security’” and “in order to maintain sustainable growth and progress, we must ensure law and order in the entire country”.

The finance minister tried to point out that much work has indeed been done in growing the pie. He gave figures on the growth of revenues since 2013, the growth rate of the economy since then, and the numerous projects launched in the power sector and highways as examples of the efforts his government was taking to grow the size of the pie.

Dar is currently under immense pressure to accommodate the demands for additional fiscal and foreign exchange resources emanating from the security establishment, and he is being browbeaten into agreeing to them. He is on the back foot, with calls for his resignation mounting and the public discourse turning hostile towards him. But he is standing his ground on the point that the finite resources of the state must be shared between security- and development-related priorities.

Those heckling him for his difficulties, and his cabinet colleagues eager to distance themselves from him due to his almost radioactive persona now, should bear in mind that his successor will step into this conversation, which is, in fact, decades old, and lies at the heart of our civil-military fault line.

Cheers Image
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Cheap gimmicks, theatrics, and entertainment in support of " Leader " Ganja Sharif :mrgreen:

Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

LOL, this will be the equivalent of offering a counter-communism course in the erstwhile Soviet Union
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Gagan wrote:It seems that whenever an ISPR spokesman opens his mouth, he lies.
Or, could it be that every time the ISPR spokeman wishes to lie (force of habit/DNA/training), he opens his mouth. Diabolical.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Falijee wrote:Cheap gimmicks, theatrics, and entertainment in support of " Leader " Ganja Sharif :mrgreen:

Hmmm. In pakhanistan, women wear head-to-toe garbage bags and men wear chest-to-knee garbage bags. Justice!
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

arun wrote: ...
We’re going to have important relationships with China. We’ll never have the same relationship with China, a non-democratic society, that we can have with a major democracy.

And so I think what has evolved, and I would have to let the Indians – Indian Government speak for themselves, but I think as India has gone through this process of rise, it too has taken account of the circumstances around it and its own history of relationships, and how have those relationships served their advancement and how have they not served their advancement. And I think as a – as the world’s largest – one of the world’s largest democracies, the world’s largest democracy, it has said, I want to be a partner with another democracy; I don’t want to partner with these other countries that do not operate with the same values.

From the US State Department website:

Remarks on "Defining Our Relationship with India for the Next Century”
This is as blunt and forthright a statement of overall US preference for India over China that I can recall seeing. Am I wrong in thinking this is something of a "first", given the State Dept's G-2 ideas and Bill Clinton's wanting to put China in charge of India back in the time of Smiling Buddha?
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Nawaz wants to be the President of Pakistan. He has been debarred from becoming PM, not president

But if the Faujis press the matter further, and send him and his family in for 14 years, then he might decide to become the Qaid-e-Azam of Punjab.

One wonders if he will launch a Direct Action Day too.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

US deep state gradually has made a clear preference for India. Part of the reason is it got disillusioned with two things

1. Ill conceived notion that US can manage radical islam to further its ends and it waking up to the double dealing of Pakistan.

2. Realizing that peaceful rise of China is nothing but a temporary cunning of an adversary out to destroy US in the long term.

The first realization slowly gave way to doing away with the equal equal nonsense. The moment a transit route to Afghan is sorted out, more progress can be expected on this front including Balochi independence.

2. Regarding China, US really does not have an answer. It can however co-opt India in ensuring that it's aid dollars go a long way, similar to how Japan is partnering with India in executing projects funded through its aid dollars in South Asia. Indian companies with good labor cost advantages can do JVs with US companies in executing.aid projects in South Asia and South East Asia.

Indian diplomats can pursue this strategy with business men Trump and Tillerson instead of trying to.co-opt US for action against small fish like Hafiz Saeed.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

US-Canadian hostages held for five years in Pakistan, claims CIA chief

WASHINGTON: The head of the CIA claimed on Thursday that a US-Canadian couple kidnapped by the Taliban in Afghanistan were held inside neighbouring Pakistan for five years before being freed last week.

“We had a great outcome last week when we were able to get back four US citizens who had been held for five years inside of Pakistan,” CIA Director Mike Pompeo told the Foundation for Defence of Democracies think-tank in Washington.

Pompeo’s remarks appeared to be the first time a US official has publicly stated that the family spent their captivity in Pakistan.

Pakistan’s military and government has indicated that US citizen Caitlan Coleman, her Canadian husband Joshua Boyle and their children were rescued shortly after entering Pakistan from Afghanistan.

The couple had been kidnapped in 2012 while backpacking in Afghanistan and their children were born in captivity.

US officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, have previously said there was no indication that the hostages had been in Afghanistan in the days before they were freed, contrary to the Pakistani account. The officials said the United States believed the hostages were probably held by the Haqqani network in or near its headquarters in northwestern Pakistan the entire time.

A senior Pakistani security source said last Friday that Pakistani troops and intelligence agents, acting on a US intelligence tip, zeroed in on a vehicle carrying the family as they were being moved into Kurram Agency near Kohat, some 60 km inside Pakistan.

Pakistani officials bristle at US claims Islamabad is not doing enough to tackle militants, particularly the Haqqanis.

After the release of the family, they emphasised the importance of cooperation and intelligence sharing by Washington, which has threatened to cut military aid and other punitive measures against Pakistan.

However, two Taliban sources with knowledge of the family’s captivity said they had been kept in Pakistan in recent years.

Cheers Image
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Madrasah Education Assured For (Killer) Mumtaz Qadri Son :D

JI to bear all educational expenses of Mumtaz Qadri’s son: Siraj
The Express Tribune
PESHAWAR:
The Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) will bear all educational expenses of Mumtaz Qadri’s four-year-old son, party chief Sirajul Haq said on Wednesday. According to him, this was a small gesture for Qadri, who had ‘sacrificed’ his life for the love of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
He was speaking at the Khatm-e-Nabuwwat Conference, attended by his party’s leaders and workers here. The Jamaat’s MNA Sahibazada Tariqullah also attended the conference.
Mumtaz Qadri, the JI chief said, had been executed by the federal government for expressing his love for Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). By killing a person :roll:
He said he was the only ‘brave’ politician who had attended Qadri’s funeral and visited his family, offering condolences while other politicians avoided attending the funeral out of fear of the Americans and western forces.
. The unwashed Abduls might lap this up but the Americans do not care an eff as to who attended or not attended the funeral !
“To pay tribute to Qadri’s sacrifices, I announced that the JI will bear the entire educational expenses of Qadri’s son,” Haq said, adding that the belief on the finality of the prophethood of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) was the basic belief of all Muslims, without which no one could enter the paradise. Criticizing decision of Qadri’s execution, Haq said that the federal government has executed him owing to western pressure despite the fact Qadri was the diehard lover of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH). Rousing the Abduls :mrgreen:
He said the government has targeted belief of Khatme Nabuwwat by executing Qadri in the night while on the other hand thousands of prophet’s lovers attended his funeral which reflected the fact Qadri gave his life for a good cause. Pakistan started out as an "Islamic Republic" 70 years ago !! These questions should have been settled once and for all 70 years ago !!
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Another Paki Airline To "Go Under" :D

Shaheen Air Might be Forced to Stop Flight Operations Soon
Shaheen Air Might be Forced to Stop Flight Operations Soon

Shaheen Air International (SAI) seems to be in hot water after Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) froze its accounts and ordered the airline to stop its operations due to non-payment of taxes and duties.Sources in FBR informed that SAI has not paid Federal Excise Duty for the last 2 months, their net payable amount has reached Rs. 700 million. FBR said that they have sent several notices but the airline did not respond. Tax levy and tax collection is a chronic problem in Pakistan, as pointed out by the World Bank . A culture of "tax evasion" and non-compliance prevails . And the blame has to lie on the top political leaders like Ganja Sharif, Dus Percent Zardai and Kaptaan Imran - going by the Paki media reports !
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Bare-faced lies from the paki liar-in-chief in the US.

Pakistan eradicates all terrorist groups from its border areas: Aizaz
Pakistan's Ambassador to the United States Aizaz Chaudhry Thursday called on US Senator Elizabeth Warren
1. Aizaz briefed the Senator about Pakistan’s unmatched sacrifices in war against terror.
2. Pakistan’s forces have successfully wiped out all terrorist groups from its territory.
3. Pakistan and its people have suffered the most from four decades of foreign intervention and civil wars in Afghanistan
4. Aizaz Chaudhry said that no one desires peace in Afghanistan more than Pakistan
5. Pakistan is ready to work with Afghanistan and other countries
https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/23809 ... eth-Warren
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

Al Bakistan too celebrates Diwali with a bang!
It is Diwali! No fireworks ban here. Terroristanis also like to have a blast (even though it is a daily occurrence) and celebrate it in their inimitable style! While kafirs are celebrating with small, dark, narrow fire crackers, the TFTAs have large, green, wide grenades.
QUETTA: At least 38 people were injured in two grenade attacks on eateries in Gwadar and Mastung on Thursday evening.

According to police, a grenade was hurled at a restaurant in Saeed Hasmi Avenue on the Airport Road in Gwadar where labourers were having dinner. At least 26 people were injured in the explosion, Gwadar DIG Nadeem Hussain said. Police took them to the district headquarters hospital. According to hospital sources, three critically injured men were shifted to Karachi for treatment.

Of the injured labourers, 15 were from Sindh and 11 from Punjab.
In Mastung, 12 people were injured when a grenade hurled by men on a motorcycle at Sultan Shaheed Chowk exploded close to a food point and a restaurant. Police took the victims, who had suffered splinter wounds from the grenade, to the Civil Hospital in Mastung and Nawab Ghous Bakhsh Raisani Memorial Hospital on the Quetta-Karachi highway.

Mastung district police chief Gulab Khan said two injured people were sent to Quetta for treatment because of their severe injuries. He said the attackers had managed to escape. Windowpanes of adjoining buildings and shops were smashed by the blast. A case was registered and an investigation into the attack launched.
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

More Diwali fireworks...Uncle Sam also into extended Diwali celebrations! Fireworks from the sky (national bird visit).

https://www.dawn.com/news/1364849/umar- ... one-strike
Umar Khalid Khorasani, 9 associates confirmed killed by US drone strike
The chief of Jamaat-ul-Ahrar (JuA), an offshoot of the Pakistani Taliban, has been killed in a US drone strike, a spokesman for the group confirmed to AFP on Thursday.

“Chief of our Jamaat-ul-Ahrar Umar Khalid Khorasani, who sustained serious injuries in a recent US drone strike in Afghanistan's Paktia province, succumbed to his injuries Wednesday evening,” JuA spokesman Asad Mansoor told AFP by telephone from an undisclosed location.

“At least nine close associates of Khorasani were also killed in the strike,” he added.

Mansoor said a high-level meeting of JuA's consultative council will be convened soon to appoint the outfit's new chief.

However, an important Taliban commander said on condition of anonymity that one of JuA's senior commanders, Asad Afridi, has already been appointed new JuA chief.

The recent unprecedented increase drone strikes in the Pak-Afghan border region appears to be reflective of a change in policy in Washington, with at least 70 strikes ─ both drone and ground ─ conducted in Afghanistan in the past three weeks, and over 30 people killed in strikes near the border in the last few days.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

anupmisra wrote:Bare-faced lies from the paki liar-in-chief in the US.

Pakistan eradicates all terrorist groups from its border areas: Aizaz
Pakistan's Ambassador to the United States Aizaz Chaudhry Thursday called on US Senator Elizabeth Warren
1. Aizaz briefed the Senator about Pakistan’s unmatched sacrifices in war against terror.
2. Pakistan’s forces have successfully wiped out all terrorist groups from its territory.
3. Pakistan and its people have suffered the most from four decades of foreign intervention and civil wars in Afghanistan
4. Aizaz Chaudhry said that no one desires peace in Afghanistan more than Pakistan
5. Pakistan is ready to work with Afghanistan and other countries
https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/23809 ... eth-Warren
Interesting that even the Paki ambassador to the US is reduced to peddling the ISPR supplied talking points, much like a retd (retarded?) general on one of their talk shows.

Also, Senator Warren falls in the 'progressive' category, open to a more radical agenda (by US standards, though to be fair, she is mainly focussed on financial aspects that would be considered mainstream in most EU countries) and by far a minority in US politics. Which seems to indicate that the Pakis aren't getting too many takers for their agenda amongst mainstream American politicians, due to which they are reduced to desperately knocking on the doors of the far left (by US standards).
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

RCase wrote:More Diwali fireworks...Uncle Sam also into extended Diwali celebrations! Fireworks from the sky (national bird visit).

https://www.dawn.com/news/1364849/umar- ... one-strike
Umar Khalid Khorasani, 9 associates confirmed killed by US drone strike
The chief of Jamaat-ul-Ahrar (JuA), an offshoot of the Pakistani Taliban, has been killed in a US drone strike, a spokesman for the group confirmed to AFP on Thursday.
Probably a quid pro pro demanded by the Pakistanis for releasing the couple. They aren't fooling anyone on the US side by the looks of it, but seemed to have at least got a good deal from the sham hostage release drama (of a couple that were possibly willing volunteers rather than hostages).
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Falijee wrote:US Vice President Mike Pence holds important discussion with PM Abbasi on telephone

And then Pence decides to visit Pakistan ASAP

US Vice President Mike Pence to visit Pakistan

Diplomatic courtesy- as a result of one phone call -being spun into "happy news" :mrgreen:

PS: Putin has been invited so many times , he has "accepted" the invitation. But Pakis are "still waiting" for his plane to land at Isloo !

Readout of the US Vice President Michael Pence’s call with the Prime Minister of the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi. An US thank you with the fact that the kidnapped Boyle / Coleman family were held in Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan mentioned along with an US demand for continued and sustained cooperation from the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic to tackle Mohammadden Terrorism emanating from their territory:
October 18, 2017

Readout of the Vice President's Call with Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi of Pakistan

Vice President Mike Pence spoke with Pakistani Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi by phone today. The Vice President thanked Abbasi for his government's assistance in recovering U.S. and Canadian hostages that were being held captive by the Haqqani Taliban Network in the tribal areas of Pakistan. Vice President Pence noted this effort as an important development in Pakistan's support to the U.S. strategy against terrorism in the region, but highlighted that cooperation against militant groups must be continued and sustained. Just as he did during the meeting the two had in New York last month, the Vice President again discussed ways that Pakistan could work with the United States and others to bolster stability and security for all in South Asia.
From the US Whitehouse website:

Readout of the Vice President's Call with Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi of Pakistan

For contrast the "Official" version released by the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan via their Press Information Department, Ministry of Information, Broadcasting & National Heritage.

Note prostration to the Uniformed Jihadi's of the Punjabi Dominated Military of the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan:
PR No. 159 US Vice President calls to thank the Prime Minister Islamabad: October 18, 2017

Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi received a telephone call from the US Vice President Mike Pence earlier this evening. Speaking on behalf of the US Government, Vice President Pence thanked the government of Pakistan and praised the professionalism of the Army and the intelligence agencies for the swift response and safe recovery of the US national Caitlin Coleman, her husband Joshua Boyle and their three children.

Vice President Pence reaffirmed the importance of bilateral relations and said that the US would like to further build this relationship for peace and prosperity of the region.

Reaffirming Pakistan’s resolve to eliminate terrorism from its soil, the Prime Minister assured the US Vice President that Pakistan would respond to any actionable intelligence shared by the US side. The two leaders agreed to maintain high level engagements to strengthen cooperation in areas of mutual interest.

Vice President Pence also accepted the invitation of the Prime Minister to visit Pakistan in the near future. Earlier, US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson also called to convey US government’s gratitude for the safe recovery of the hostages.

From here:

PR No. 159 US Vice President calls to thank the Prime Minister Islamabad: October 18, 2017