Understanding the US - Again

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding the US- Again

Post by VinodTK »

From Business Insider: Trump's defense budget is a wishlist for a massive military buildup — these are the planes, ships, and missiles he wants
President Donald Trump's fiscal budget request for 2019 includes $686 billion for defense spending.

While Trump has pushed for a larger military since he was campaigning for president, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis has said more recently that the "real growth" in the military buildup begins with the now-unveiled fiscal 2019 budget.

With this behemoth amount, the military is setting up contracts that will help the US fight the next war against near peer threats. This includes vehicles, aircraft, ships, and hundreds of thousands of munitions, much of which was used up in the fight against ISIS.

Here are a couple purchases that stand out:

77 F-35 Joint Strike Fighters
An F-35A performs a test flight on March 28, 2013. Lockheed Martin
The military seems set on rolling out the new fifth-generation stealth jet. The fighter has recently gotten some good news for future international sales, as tensions in Asia and the Middle East rise.

The purchase of 77 F-35s is expected to cost $10.7 billion.

B-21 Raider Long Range Strike Bomber
File photo of an artist rendering shows the first image of a new Northrop Grumman Corp long-range bomber Thomson Reuters
The B-21 Raider is a long range stealth bomber that is intended to replace the B-1 Lancer and B-2 Spirit. Details of the B-21 are scarce, as even Congress doesn't know much about it.

$2.3 billion will be spent on further development of the aircraft, which is expected to be an important part of the future nuclear triad.

15 KC-46 tankers
A KC-46 Pegasus refuels an A-10 Thunderbolt II with 1,500 pounds of fuel July 15, 2016. US Air Force
Aerial refueling plays a massive role in operations against ISIS and the Taliban. The KC-46 Pegasus can carry 212,299 pounds of fuel, and has a maximum transfer load of 207,672 pounds. It is intended to replace the KC-135 Stratotanker.

The price tag for 15 new tankers is $3 billion.

29 MQ-9 Reapers
An MQ-9 Reaper remotely piloted drone aircraft performs aerial maneuvers over Creech Air Force Base Thomson Reuters
The MQ-1 Predator will be retired as soon as March and the Air Force is expected to purchase more MQ-9 Reapers.

The Reapers can fly longer, faster, and carry everything from Hellfire missiles to Joint Direct Attack Munitions.

25 AH-1Z Vipers
A Bell AH-1Z Viper takes off at a Forward Arming and Refueling Point at Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center, Twentynine Palms, Calif., Feb. 4, 2018, as a part of Integrated Training Exercise 2-18. US Marine Corps/Pfc. William Chockey
The AH-1Z Viper is a replacement/modernization of the Marine Corps' AH-1 Cobra.

The Corps plans to buy two more Vipers this year than last year, and wants to have 342 in total.

60 AH-64E Apaches
Two AH-64E Apache helicopters prepare to land at Orchard Combat Training Center, Idaho, September 29, 2016. US Department of Defense
Known as the Guardian, the AH-64E is another improved version of the AH-64 Apache. Additional new avionics and technology allow the gunship to fly faster, operate easier, and even control UAVs.

The AH-64Es are part of a $4.9 billion request from the Army for its aircraft.

6 VH-92 Presidential Helicopters
President Donald Trump walks to board Marine One on the South Lawn of the White House, Thursday, Feb. 1, 2018, in Washington. AP Photo/Evan Vucci
Sikorsky's S-92 has been selected to replace the Sikorsky VH-3D Sea King as the president's official helicopter. Initial fielding is planned for 2020, and the helicopters will have the iconic white and green paint scheme that is unique to presidential helicopters.

The price for the six new helicopters is expected to be $900 million.

5,113 Joint Light Tactical Vehicles
Five variants of Joint Light Tactical Vehicles made by Oshkosh Oshkosh Defense
The Department of Defense wants to fully replace the Humvee, which has been the workhorse of the US military since the mid-1980s. DoD has selected Oshkosh's L-ATV line as the primary vehicle for its Joint Light Tactical Vehicle program.

The Pentagon has allocated $2 billion for the purchases.

Two Virginia Class submarines
USS Virginia returns to the General Dynamics Electric Boat shipyard following the successful completion of its first voyage in open seas called "alpha" sea trials, July 30, 2004. US Navy
The Virginia-class submarine is currently the Navy's newest type of submarine. It is a nuclear-powered attack sub, and has the latest stealth technology. Virginia-class submarines are replacing older Los Angeles-class submarines, and are expected to be in service up to 2070.

The cost of two new subs will be $7.4 billion.

Three DDG-51 Arleigh Burke Class Destroyers
USS John S. McCain (DDG 56) maneuvers alongside the amphibious assault ship USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD 6) for a fueling-at-sea (FAS), June 14, 2017. Naval Surface Warriors/Flickr
Arleigh Burke Class Destroyers are the backbone of the current Navy fleet. The Navy currently has 64 of the destroyers in service, and want to add three more. The plans to buy more Arleigh Burke Class Destroyers may be an admission that the plans for the Zumwalt-class are not going well.

The three new ships will cost $6 billion.

43,594 Joint Direct Attack Munitions
2000 lbs GBU-31 Joint Direct Attack Munitions (JDAM) are transported to the flight deck of USS Harry S. Truman (CVN-75). US Navy
JDAMs are unguided "dumb" bombs that have gotten equipment that turn them into "smart" bombs, meaning they can be guided to their targets. The war against ISIS has caused a bomb shortage, so it should come as no surprise that the military is ordering so many new ones.

The cost for the 40,000+ bombs will be $1.2 billion.

4,338 Hellfire missiles
U.S. Army Soldiers assigned to Task Force Griffin, 16th Combat Aviation Brigade, 7th Infantry Division load an AGM-114 Hellfire missile on an AH-64E Apache helicopter in Kunduz, Afghanistan, May 31, 2017. US Army
Hellfire missiles have proven to be absolutely essential for precision strikes against terrorists from Iraq and Afghanistan, to Syria and Somalia. They are anti-tank missiles that can be loaded on helicopter gunships like the AH-64 Apache, or drones like the MQ-9 Reaper.

148,287 155mm artillery rounds
Illuminating projectiles, each weighing close to 100 pounds, are staged by Pfc. Juan Valenzuela and others from the California Army National Guard’s 1st Battalion, 144th Field Artillery Regiment July 21 at National Training Center, Fort Irwin, California, July 21, 2017. Army National Guard
Despite the fact that precision guided strikes have become the dominant method of destroying enemy targets, good old fashioned artillery is still a vital part. In fact, Marines in Syria recently set a new record for artillery barrages that have been intact since the Vietnam War.
I guess China will not have a free rise to Superpower stars after all
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

^
Who do you think is going to fund all this? It isn't the American taxpayer.

Chinese will gladly fund the US transforming its military resources to fight the last war.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

awe inspiring list, and thats just 1 yr of shopping. most countries needs would be met just by that.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

All of these are useless if NoKo gets away with current antics. Paper Tigers of US Imperialism.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

creates jobs, drives domestic R&D and manufacturing ... whats not to like? defence manufacturing must be one of biggest sectors there both in manpower and value. unlike our import-pasand elites, the US congressmen make sure things are kept inhouse very strictly. they even killed a done deal like the airbus 330 mrtt despite airbus willing to make them all in wichita.
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

The thing that sticks out to me is US with a deficit of $20 Trillion can spend all that money on upgrading / modernization, why do Indian planners always say there is no money for purchasing capitol assets for the armed forces?

Do the people who allocate the budgets lack the importance of national defense or they think India can match Par and that is good! It is hard to believe that GOI cannot set aside $5 billion every year for equipment procurement, when they have a $5 Trillion economy as per the PM.

If they cannot spare the money out of the current budget, have some kind of a national defenese tax of 0.05% and set aside that money for capital purchases every year, with out impacting the national and defense budgets.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

>> The thing that sticks out to me is US with a deficit of $20 Trillion

is that Govt debt or the summation of all public & private debt?

in either case all their debt is denominated in dollars which can be printed as necessary to tide things over.

yes they can magically print dollars as needed and somehow their inflation also remains very low and so does the interest on stuff like home loans. .. this is what underpins their high living std

how this magic happens is still not clear to me. but one aspect is a lot of nations depend on the US as a export market and proceeds come back as paper dollars, which then has to be be majorly reinvested in US treasuries to keep the US economy and consumer sentiment strong and the export machine running ... rest of it the sellers get to keep locally...but then have to spend it again buying US weapons, or buying oil - again priced and paid in dollars.

in short, US has made itself too big to be let fail ... a kind of planetary scale Pakistan :rotfl: but with bleeding edge R&D and military also...and a massive permanent underclass to do the lower side of jobs for the overclass. if more are needed they can open the fence a crack and hordes of newbie underclass will flood in from central america - win win brothers.

they have also absolutely RAPED the EU, India and China of their top intellectual resources for the past 70 years ... a fine examples of that we see on the forum itself :roll:
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

Singha wrote:>> The thing that sticks out to me is US with a deficit of $20 Trillion

is that Govt debt or the summation of all public & private debt?

in either case all their debt is denominated in dollars which can be printed as necessary to tide things over.

yes they can magically print dollars as needed and somehow their inflation also remains very low and so does the interest on stuff like home loans.

how this magic happens is still not clear to me.
It is only public debt but less than half is foreign debt the rest is to Americans. They can print is only one half of the story. The other is they trade, innovate and use their power to keep supply lines of low-cost goods and resources flowing. The strategy also enables them to keep taxes low. More than half of their largest companies make money in international sales. It has allowed them to keep wages low and hence inflation while inequality has widened, company coffers have grown but not necessarily the individual's. Innovation allows them to destroy their own industries and create new ones at a pace that no other power has been able to. I mean think of a service like Uber, has disrupted decades of a local community-based service with a global one. A rickshaw in Madurai is hailed and someone in Silcon valley makes money!!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

plus a pindi type location in between two oceans and resource rich canada and south america to feed on.

unchallenged badshah of the western hemisphere.

khan has never been attacked military by land after the landgrab wars with a weak mehico. frees up massive resources not having to military guard some 10,000km of land frontier across all types of terrain. police/border patrol cost where they exist is 100x cheaper than our LOC or mcmahon line type posture
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

US invests colossal amounts on naval and air power - these are critical for its force projection and security
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

part of that colossal amt is because they have a lot of money

but part also is the fact they do not need a home army to protect and defend 10,000km of land border. their army can be smaller and more expeditionary and mobile and not tied to defending land borders anymore. the last time they had a huge army and defended the berlin wall was in late 80s.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Dallas official asks NRA to consider moving their convention :rotfl: Dallas is where John Kennedy was shot - with an NRA-approved sniper rifle, IIRC. :roll:

I wonder if the new conversation stopper at a party might be:
I have just been invited as Plenary Speaker at the NRA Convention. My talk is titled "Accuracy Enhancement of the Bump-Stocked AR-15: a Must-Have for every (u fill in)"
JUST KIDDING!!! :shock:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Darwin Award contender 1
Chen was detained after being quizzed by a school resource officer after another student relayed information that Chen had come to school with a loaded firearm, the statement reads. When the officer approached Chen about the gun, Chen replied he had a handgun in his bookbag and also had a knife in the front pocket of his shirt, the document states. Chen was subsequently arrested on multiple charges, including handgun on a person and dangerous weapon on school property.
Darwin Award Contender 2
The unknown suspect is seen trying to open the door but it's locked.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

Singha wrote:part of that colossal amt is because they have a lot of money

but part also is the fact they do not need a home army to protect and defend 10,000km of land border. their army can be smaller and more expeditionary and mobile and not tied to defending land borders anymore. the last time they had a huge army and defended the berlin wall was in late 80s.

i'm not sure i agree, i think they have deployed technology to reduce their manpower requirements. the nature of how they fight has changed radically since the 80's, they can project much more force much more effectively than ever before. you don't need that many people anymore...
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

They suspended a deputy (the guy was about to retire) for not "going in" and confronting a killer armed with an AR-15, with only a handgun.
On Wednesday, Israel announced that Broward County sheriff's deputies would now be carrying AR-15 rifles on school grounds within the district, adding that one of the ways to make schools safer is to evaluate the number of school resource officers on campuses.
What a fun environment to study. Reminds me of my first day in Lower Kindergarten. Troops out in force. And my last day in lower KG: passed over the gate in an amazing show of cooperation from those barricaded inside to those trying to break down the barricade outside, and thus to my parents who had come to collect me.
mappunni
BRFite

Post by mappunni »

UlanBatori wrote:Dallas official asks NRA to consider moving their convention :rotfl: Dallas is where John Kennedy was shot - with an NRA-approved sniper rifle, IIRC. :roll:

I wonder if the new conversation stopper at a party might be:
I have just been invited as Plenary Speaker at the NRA Convention. My talk is titled "Accuracy Enhancement of the Bump-Stocked AR-15: a Must-Have for every (u fill in)"
JUST KIDDING!!! :shock:
The guy who requested (Dwaine Caraway) that is a known hustler. He was getting cut from business who wanted to do business with city of Dallas. And the feds were investigating him. And he somehow has managed to hustle out of it.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

USA needs more guns. Just like Pakistan needs more Islam
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

It's getting ridiculous. DT is calling the school deputy guard a coward etc just because the man was too smart to go try to fight a crazy with an AR-15, armed only with a handgun and unable to shoot because there are innocent kids all round.
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

I don't understand why the second amendment stops at guns. Why not rocket launchers and grenades ?
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

srin wrote:I don't understand why the second amendment stops at guns. Why not rocket launchers and grenades ?
They fall into a gray area and some variations are allowed depending on which state you're in. I know that there are some people in Arizona that have their own towed 8" artillery to shoot off. Getting shells is very difficult, so they make their own. The biggest thing that most gun enthusiast in the US complain about is the price of large caliber ammunition. A minute or so of automatic weapon fire can run you over $40 in ammo.

In Texas, guns are allowed in their state university system. It makes for very pleasant interaction with faculty and staff. In nine states a student can bring a gun to school provided it remains locked in their car. Kentucky is going to allow concealed weapons in schools, but it's not clear to me if this applies to just teachers, staff, principals or includes students too. What happens to the poor kid who forgets their gun at home? No worries. The library will allow him/her to check one out, but they must bring their own ammo.

I'm looking into purchasing a Tavor semi-automatic from Cabela's sporting goods store:
http://www.cabelas.com/product/IWI-Tavo ... 354189.uts

I just don't know why the INSAS AR isn't available in the US? It's perfectly legal here and I would rather have it over the Tavor. My next selection will be the Benelli M4 semi-automatic shot gun. It has low recoil is easy to shoot with.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

having guns to deter is one thing, but once the shooting starts, only a small subset are well trained enough to shoot a few targets among moving and panicked innocent people. local cops dont make the cut, really only the national level FBI HRT and some of the more well equipped SWATs are trained upto that level...and as we see in the texas street gunfight a lot of ex-army types who go insane are also upto matching that std...they will outshoot and outmanouver local cop level staff.

having guns in school is likely to make the body count go up not down
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

This is what will happen if teachers get banduki.....Substitute the cop for the teacher......
[youtube] https://youtu.be/gW-_JEB2f-4 [/youtube]
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

The only sure way to stop a bad guy with an AR-15 is with a good guy with a Javelin missile.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

see first you will take away his right to 2nd amusement, then you will take away all his other writes
you must be some kind of LGBTPinkoCommie
wait... Russians were commies right?
so is it ok to be a commie now?
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

any wise old maulers here understand why the NRA is honouring Ajit Pai for removing net neutrality?
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

srin wrote:The only sure way to stop a bad guy with an AR-15 is with a good guy with a Javelin missile.
The duma$$s now want to arm the teachers with guns. One day, if a crazy teacher kills bunch of students, the NRA's solution will be to arm the children. And, to counter that teachers should get Javelin. Imagine your middle schooler walking to school with a Glock. One day a clever student will figure out what to do when he/she gets a "F" in the test. Just settle the matter cowboy style :) Australia's PM Turnbull was visiting US with a largest delegation. He was asked about guns. Looks like he had some advice without explicitly giving one.

Funny thing is that gun maker Remington had filed for bankruptcy in the same week.
Gun maker Remington files for bankruptcy
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

chanakyaa wrote:
srin wrote:The only sure way to stop a bad guy with an AR-15 is with a good guy with a Javelin missile.
The duma$$s now want to arm the teachers with guns. One day, if a crazy teacher kills bunch of students, the NRA's solution will be to arm the children. And, to counter that teachers should get Javelin.
I was only mildly joking ...
I think the Raytheons, Lockheed, Boeing, and the entire MIC should create a National Missile Association, to lobby for full 2nd amendment rights to people: freedom to bear all arms that they can bear - Carl Gustavs, Javelins, Stingers etc. And then sell CMDS to police. Win-Win :lol:

Each time I do a business trip to Khan land, the rude awakening happens at the immigration line when I see the amount of gear that CBP cops wear in the belt - gun, taser, and all others things I couldn't figure out. I for one am happy with our lathi-equipped police and hope it doesn't go too far from there.
chanakyaa wrote: Imagine your middle schooler walking to school with a Glock. One day a clever student will figure out what to do when he/she gets a "F" in the test. Just settle the matter cowboy style :) Australia's PM Turnbull was visiting US with a largest delegation. He was asked about guns. Looks like he had some advice without explicitly giving one.
There is a context to that.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

The Nazis established the Racial Hygiene and Demographic Biology Research Unit (Rassenhygienische und Bevölkerungsbiologische Forschungsstelle, Department L3 of the Reich Department of Health) in 1936. Headed by Dr. Robert Ritter and his assistant Eva Justin, this Unit was mandated to conduct an in-depth study of the "Gypsy question (Zigeunerfrage)" and to provide data required for formulating a new Reich "Gypsy law". After extensive fieldwork in the spring of 1936, consisting of interviews and medical examinations to determine the racial classification of the Roma, the Unit determined that most Romani, whom they had concluded were not of "pure Gypsy blood", posed a danger to German racial purity and should be deported or eliminated. No decision was made regarding the remainder (about 10 percent of the total Romani population of Europe), primarily Sinti and Lalleri tribes living in Germany. Several suggestions were made. Reichsführer-SS Heinrich Himmler suggested deporting the Romani to a remote reservation, as had been done by the United States for its Native Americans, where "pure Gypsies" could continue their nomadic lifestyle unhindered.

According to him:

The aim of measures taken by the State to defend the homogeneity of the German nation must be the physical separation of Gypsydom from the German nation, the prevention of miscegenation, and finally, the regulation of the way of life of pure and part-Gypsies. The necessary legal foundation can only be created through a Gypsy Law, which prevents further intermingling of blood, and which regulates all the most pressing questions which go together with the existences of Gypsies in the living space of the German nation.[25]
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

chanakyaa wrote:
The duma$$s now want to arm the teachers with guns. One day, if a crazy teacher kills bunch of students, the NRA's solution will be to arm the children. And, to counter that teachers should get Javelin. Imagine your middle schooler walking to school with a Glock. One day a clever student will figure out what to do when he/she gets a "F" in the test. Just settle the matter cowboy style :) Australia's PM Turnbull was visiting US with a largest delegation. He was asked about guns. Looks like he had some advice without explicitly giving one.

Funny thing is that gun maker Remington had filed for bankruptcy in the same week.
Gun maker Remington files for bankruptcy
OT, but can't help but remember Shri Tukaram Omble. Lathi vs Ak 47, if not for him god knows what spins and new laws would have come.
kancha
BRFite

Post by kancha »

chanakyaa wrote:
The duma$$s now want to arm the teachers with guns. One day, if a crazy teacher kills bunch of students, the NRA's solution will be to arm the children.
Well, here's a start of sorts!
Utah teacher shoots herself in the leg while at school

But jokes apart, what appalls is the absolute neglect of basic safety precautions when it comes to guns. A round in chamber with safety off WILL definitely go off when the trigger gets pulled, even if by mistake. Period.

I remember seeing this video some months. Worth a revisit. The extreme casualness with firearms is shocking.
kancha
BRFite

Post by kancha »

The Poison We Pick
This nation pioneered modern life. Now epic numbers of Americans are killing themselves with opioids to escape it.

Some really interesting statistics out here.
More than 2 million Americans are now hooked on some kind of opioid, and drug overdoses — from heroin and fentanyl in particular — claimed more American lives last year than were lost in the entire Vietnam War. Overdose deaths are higher than in the peak year of AIDS and far higher than fatalities from car crashes. The poppy, through its many offshoots, has now been responsible for a decline in life spans in America for two years in a row, a decline that isn’t happening in any other developed nation. According to the best estimates, opioids will kill another 52,000 Americans this year alone — and up to half a million in the next decade.
No other developed country is as devoted to the poppy as America. We consume 99 percent of the world’s hydrocodone and 81 percent of its oxycodone. We use an estimated 30 times more opioids than is medically necessary for a population our size.
It’s hard to convey the sheer magnitude of what happened. Between 2007 and 2012, for example, 780 million hydrocodone and oxycodone pills were delivered to West Virginia, a state with a mere 1.8 million residents. In one town, population 2,900, more than 20 million opioid prescriptions were processed in the past decade. Nationwide, between 1999 and 2011, oxycodone prescriptions increased sixfold. National per capita consumption of oxycodone went from around 10 milligrams in 1995 to almost 250 milligrams by 2012.
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

Oh and btw, I just remembered. Who (ie, which country) was the first to provide teachers with guns (we discussed it on BRF some 3 years ago) ?

If you can't guess ... here's the answer:viewtopic.php?t=6928&start=2760#p1788353
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Without looking I am going to guess: The One, The Only: PAKISTAN! I still have the photo of kindergarten wimmen teachers checking out AK47s.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

And the only way to stop a bad guy with a Javelin missile is a good guy with an Apache (attack helicopter I mean). Which soon escalates to my Personal Nuclear-Powered Aircraft Carrier and a nuclear missile submarine to keep it company.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

UlanBatori wrote:
And the only way to stop a bad guy with a Javelin missile is a good guy with an Apache (attack helicopter I mean). Which soon escalates to my Personal Nuclear-Powered Aircraft Carrier and a nuclear missile submarine to keep it company.
Fear not o great Mongolian, you shall soon find kiddies in outer Mongolia whining for such toys..."mommy I want one of them toys too"
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Giving small weapons like glocks and snib nosed tevolvers to middle school kids to defend democracy and freedom is bizarre only from our pov ... to a lot of ppl there its logical and even inevitable via opt in provision
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Why not build a secure fence around the school and then make sure nobody is bringing in a gun inside the school premises. Scan them for any hidden weapon just like airports before letting them in through the gate. Employ security guards at the entrance, part of whose jobs will be also to stop any gun blazing psychopath trying to barge in. This should not be too difficult to implement for a reasonable cost.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

>>Scan them for any hidden weapon just like airports before letting them in through the gate. Employ security guards at the entrance,

metal detectors in high schools are available but not pervasive

https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=334
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

https://twitter.com/TheLastRefuge2/stat ... 74784?s=20

As per these series of tweets, the policy was to not charge students with any crimes. It was set up by schools and the police department was brought it to enforce this policy. Eventually gangs got in on this game and students were routinely employed to undertake crimes. Even after red handed arrests, they were not charged. Those who protested were demoted.

Sounds typical liberal SJW inspired this policy. They should be equally held responsible.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Singha wrote:>>Scan them for any hidden weapon just like airports before letting them in through the gate. Employ security guards at the entrance, metal detectors in high schools are available but not pervasive
https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=334
AFAIK, the attacker shot one security guard dead. Guard is probably a retired vet, but then all security guards must be vetted for all sorts of things to be hired in the school system. Guard with a pistol has about as much chance as our revered Kerala Police who were sent with .303 rifles and one bullet each and no shoes, to fight Chinese PLA mountain divisions armed with automatic weapons.

Now the sh1ts are ganging up on the one poor guy who was left, who "did not enter the building" to get killed - or end up shooting a kid by mistake as he tried to hit the shooter. And the Governor, a rogue elephant, is dumping on the Sheriff. All to cover up the gross criminality of giving AR15s to crazies with not even a delay.