Understanding the US - Again

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Post by Mort Walker »

Vikas wrote:^^Why does everyone who is rich and powerful in Khanate gets accused of only Tax-fraud, Wire- fraud (no clue what that is) , inside trading and obstruction of Justice charges. Don't rich and powerful ever commit any other regular crimes in the land of free&Brave ?
Is it that they are easiest to prove or is are these charges, a good point to haggle with the accused and scare them into submission.
Wire fraud is bank fraud when money is moved from one financial institution to another. Which is what Avenatti was trying to do with Nike. Basically telling them to transfer $20 million or he will take billions off their market capitalization.

Murller’s report is being leaked out. The anti Trump Democrats are stunned and have to come up with another strategy.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Saw Kamala Harris on TV today. She too appears to be one of those dyed-in-wool democrats. Good looking, smart but not impressive with her stand on issues. TG is way more clear headed.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Kamala Devi made her way up the food chain sleeping with former SFO mayor Willie Brown. She used her appearance and gender to her advantage. Much like other movie starlets going around now shouting #MeToo after doing the deed multiple times to their benefit.
Ravi Karumanchiri
BRFite

Post by Ravi Karumanchiri »

While other 'Khanlander Rakshaks were busy trading unsubstantiated and immaterial tabloid-"quality" gossip on Kamala Harris (whose career path and accomplishments speak volumes more than slutshaming BS about her personal life)............. I was watching one of the rare press conferences offered by the Trump State Department.

At about minute 29:29 seconds, a reporter from China (or more likely, Taiwan, probably....) asks a question regarding the 'Reciprocal Access to Tibet Act', and the SD spokesperson is invited to answer in Mandarin, which he does, impressively I must say.

By minute 34, I do believe it's Aziz Haniffa asking about how China "calls Masood Azhar as a Spiritual Leader, while calling the Dalai Lama a Terrorist". What ensues is definitely interesting on at least a few levels. (SD guy tries to deflect with an answer concerning Tibet; and has to be re-invited to answer based on MA's terror listing.

Another Indian reporter, asks about how very recently a couple of DRDO officials, who had been formally invited to the US (and who had also previously attended the US on such business); were for some reason this time, denied their visas. One was a "Secretary DRDO", and another "DG Production". "Why were they denied these visas, after an invite?" The answer provided said there is no change in Khan's wish to be close and chummy with SDREs (and he doesn't comment on vijja ijjues from the podium).

Another reporter asks a question 37:50, noting how the TSPs nuke program is listed as a threat to US NatSec by Pompeo; and the squirming answer offered-up is, I think, quite telling.

Lots of uncomfortable body language during this exchange, worth watching.....

https://www.c-span.org/video/?459166-1/ ... department

PS: IMHO, someone this lacking in control of their physical gestures, has no business being Khan's spokesperson. He's got waaaaaay too many "tells", and Khan is always up to something unwanted, by pretty much every Government there is, around the whole world.

On the upside: It's apparent, the 'Khans have a constantly refining plan, to "secure" the TSPs nukes (or otherwise, render them harmless).
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

He's trying to keep a straight face at the mention of "TSP nukes". That would happen if they don't exist since 2002.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Kamala Devi is a non starter and will throw SDREs under a bus much like everyone else. Her personal life is entirely relevant showing that she is unprincipled as Orange-utan, Bobby Jindal or Nimrata. I’ll take Tulsi Devi anyday over Kamala and the rest of the gang.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Except for the name (Camilla misspelled) I don't see why KH is of any interest to desis. She is an AA candidate, but that is no compliment to AA. Watch her Senate Committee Hearing performances and you'll see the shrill hollowness. (of course breathlessly praised as "Prosecutorial Sharpenss" but in reality just rude & obnoxious canine barking). Desis need to pay a bit more attention. There is a CLAIM that she was an Effective Prosecutor or something but I have not see that record really examined. I think she has come up mostly by playing the Race/Gender card in California.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Mort Walker wrote:Kamala Devi is a non starter and will throw SDREs under a bus much like everyone else. Her personal life is entirely relevant showing that she is unprincipled as Orange-utan, Bobby Jindal or Nimrata. I’ll take Tulsi Devi anyday over Kamala and the rest of the gang.
No sorry. DIscussing present or past sexual partners of US politicians does not help in "Understanding the US" which is the title of this thread. So leave this stuff out of the thread, whether it is Kamala Harris or anyone else.
Ravi Karumanchiri
BRFite

Mort Walker wrote:Kamala Devi is a non starter and will throw SDREs under a bus much like everyone else. Her personal life is entirely relevant showing that she is unprincipled as Orange-utan, Bobby Jindal or Nimrata. I’ll take Tulsi Devi anyday over Kamala and the rest of the gang.
^^^^^^
I'll bet you dollars to donuts, Tulsi is outta da race long, long before Kamala Harris (who raised almost $6 million within the first 24 hours of her POTUS candidacy). In all likelihood, you'll not get a chance to vote for Tulsi Gabbard, unless you're there for the first round of primary voting in the first few states.

Tulsi has a snowball's chance in hell, in Iowa.

Harris, on the other hand, already has broad appeal, even though she's still getting her message out.

Watch this latest report on 2020 poll results, and answer me where is Tulsi Gabbard in these standings? (ANSWER: Not even showing.)

Kamala Harris is already the highest polling Democratic party POTUS candidate who happens to be a woman. In this "Me Too" era, that de facto means she's headed to the WH, at the very least as VP.

If you don't see that far ahead, I can't help you (understand the US).
Ravi Karumanchiri
BRFite

UlanBatori wrote:Except for the name (Camilla misspelled) I don't see why KH is of any interest to desis. She is an AA candidate, but that is no compliment to AA. Watch her Senate Committee Hearing performances and you'll see the shrill hollowness. (of course breathlessly praised as "Prosecutorial Sharpenss" but in reality just rude & obnoxious canine barking). Desis need to pay a bit more attention. There is a CLAIM that she was an Effective Prosecutor or something but I have not see that record really examined. I think she has come up mostly by playing the Race/Gender card in California.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think it's rather petulant to even think that someone has misspelled their own name, or that her parents have; but this is a non sequitur.

I think KH's "interest to desis" is almost immaterial, considering the size and spread of the desi "voting bank" (which cannot deliver a single district in either the house or the senate (both because Indo-Americans are relatively few in number, and considerably spread-out geographically, at the same time). But, this too is a non sequitur.

The extent to which she is an "AA candidate" is also immaterial, since her support base is not AA exclusively, or even particularly strong. She is most correctly identified as a 'Justice Candidate'; and there are many AAs who say she should have been more progressive while working as a DA and AG in California; so she's a Justice Candidate with "conservative" leanings on many aspects of criminal justice reform, which is a plank in her platform.

Nobody until UB has labeled KH as either shrill or hollow. It makes me wonder if you've mistaken who you're thinking of, because her courtroom style is apparent in the Senate, where she is apparently doing yeoman's service....

Here's KH grilling the CIA chief on torture....

Chewing on the DHS secretary.....

UB: Using a canine reference in relation to women is misogynistic, unsupportable and more to my original point: A Non Sequitur. Please embrace the truth that you don't know kaka about US Presidential Politics; much less the goings-on of US Senate hearings or how KH is performing there. NB: Kamala Harris went straight from law school to the District Attorney's office, eventually rising to be AG. This pedigree is apparent in her senate performance.

I am unaware of any instance where she could reasonably be accused of "playing the race card", so I've gotta assume you're clueless on this.

It's OK.

I know Mongolia is far away.
Ravi Karumanchiri
BRFite

KH doing superb oversight of the shambolic Kavanaugh hearings (which, for many American women, was their first look at her)...

KH cornering Brett Kavanaugh, from which he came-out tarred and feathered with his own lies....

KH chewing on Mark Zuckerburg.....

Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

My breakdown of the 2020 Democratic Presidential Candidates:

1) Likely to be pro-India:
Only one. Tulsi Gabbard.

2) Long shots who probably have no hope of winning the nomination anyway (yet some may bear watching, because if they get to the debate stage, their ideas-- if well articulated-- may catch resonance with the eventual front-runners and their constituencies):

Tulsi Gabbard (unfortunately... however, she NEEDS to show a minimum of 65000 independent individual donors to even be allowed to participate in debates. She has about 45000 to date. I've done my bit, hope you will too-- even $1.00 helps. https://secure.actblue.com/donate/imwithtulsi ).

Also:
Andrew Yang
Joaquin Castro
John Delaney
Marianne Williamson
Wayne Messam

3) Probably a-priori India-Neutral. These candidates can be assumed not to bear any special animosity towards India based on their public statements or previous records. However, most of them are very focused on domestic policy issues, and (like Obama) may be coaxed to "outsource" foreign-policy decision-making to the "experts"... i.e. the Clintonistas and other Foggy Bottom denizens we know so well.

Our best hope with them is to convince them to stay Jeffersonian: keep your hands off the rest of the world, focus on making things better at home, otherwise your base will feel betrayed at all the stupid interventions your "experts" want to undertake.

Bernie Sanders
Elizabeth Warren
Kamala Harris
John Hickenlooper
Jay Inslee
Beto O'Rourke

4) Proceed with Caution. No current evidence of anti-India prejudice, but certain aspects of them give pause when considered carefully. Watch these like a hawk for statements about "religious freedom", "Islamophobia", "international human rights", "American global leadership" and other code words.

Pete Buttigieg (was a long shot, now coming into limelight. Fervent Episcopalian with possible EJ tendencies).
Cory Booker (has made EJ-sounding statements on the record).
Kirsten Gillibrand (was a chela of Hillary, and also has made EJ-sounding statements on the record).

5) Anti-India past record. Things will get worse for US-India relations if either of these two become POTUS.

Joe Biden (has been in the past very Pak-pasand. Was probably responsible for whatever pro-Pakistan tilt the Obama administration had. He was co-author of a bill that guaranteed a certain amount of aid to Pakistan per year in order to secure cooperation in global-war-on-terror even after 2006, when it was obvious to everybody Pakistan was the Taliban's puppet-master. This bill did not end up bearing Biden's name because he went on to become VP by the time it passed; it is known as the Kerry-Lugar Bill for its other two authors).

Amy Klobuchar: poisonous EJ who has signed on to a letter with many other Republican and Democrat lawmakers expressing "concern about treatment of minorities in Modi's India"... or some such purulent discharge.
Ravi Karumanchiri
BRFite

Rudradev wrote:
<snip>

Pete Buttigieg (was a long shot, now coming into limelight. Fervent Episcopalian with possible EJ tendencies).
Pete Buttigieg is married to a man, and so I have to question his "possible EJ tendencies".

Make no mistake: His gayness is not hurting him for 2020.

The way the Democratic field is shaping-up, and the ever-present worry of DNC super delegates to present a ticket that has broad appeal, the facts of the matter amount to the fact that although Buttigieg is indeed gay; he is also young, a technocrat with front-line executive/governing experience, an Afghan war veteran and most importantly by the American calculus, he's white.

His pedigree as a mayor, means he is well-grounded in bread-and-butter issues. NB: Mayors are some of the most competent politicians you'll find, because they're responsible for almost everything, and they generally have few options to raise money/taxes (unlike politicos in higher levels of government). For this reason, mayors will out-perform other candidates on domestic issues at the state or federal level. This is a truism in politics (at least in the US and Canada, it is).

I can easily see a final Democratic ticket with Kamala Harris as POTUS and Pete Buttigieg as her VP nominee (because, two PoC is a non-starter, even more than a two-women ticket).

You heard it here first, folks. 8)
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

You think gay men cannot be Abrahamic ideological fanatics?

Here is a gushing, fawning article by NY Mag's Ed Kilgore who identifies strongly with Buttigieg's faith & politics
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/03/ ... right.html

Here is the same Ed Kilgore writing a hit piece against Tulsi Gabbard... and guess what he brings into it. Narendra Modi, Hindu Nationalism, and "fostering violence against religious minorities". From the same Buttigieg-loving "Christian Leftist" point of view.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/01/ ... -real.html

Admittedly it's still circumstantial, so I put Buttigieg under "Proceed with Caution" for now. But as I said, he bears watching like a hawk.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Guys don't get combative or personal!

Orange will make it after Mueller report elephant gas
Vs
Clinton Romney ticket
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

RDji, while Sanders and Warren may be in the India-Neutral list for now, they are radical leftists and by definition will eventually get on the anti-Hindu bandwagon sooner or later (if elected). They just haven't had the opportunity yet. IMHO of course.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Hilari-us to see people who knew it all about how the Russia :(( was going to send the POTUS to jail, now give their expertise on what American voters look for in the next POTUS. Thankfully I have too much to do to have more fun here.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Kamala Harris is already the highest polling Democratic party POTUS candidate who happens to be a woman. In this "Me Too" era, that de facto means she's headed to the WH, at the very least as VP.
Spoken like the ISPR pindi-chana Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor

:rotfl: :lol: :rotfl:
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Sometime I cannot just understand, US based desi folks getting so pumped up about American politics on an forum primed for discussing matters of Indian security interests. And the forum for discussing our own political developments had to be hived off to a separate resource.

Why does it matter to India as to who becomes the POTUS?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Kashi wrote:Sometime I cannot just understand, US based desi folks getting so pumped up about American politics on an forum primed for discussing matters of Indian security interests. And the forum for discussing our own political developments had to be hived off to a separate resource.

Kashi, Here you go.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7704
Ravi Karumanchiri
BRFite

Mort Walker wrote:
Spoken like the ISPR pindi-chana Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor

:rotfl: :lol: :rotfl:
Ooooh, an ad hominem attack and name-calling on top of which. That too, one of the vilest names anyone could possibly muster on BRF.

Let me guess: You didn’t learn that in Debate Club.

In case anyone missed it: I argued that Rakshaks are simply wrong to favour TG as a horse in this presidency race, over the much more qualified, accomplished, favoured and funded candidate: KH (who very much seems well-on-her-way). IMO Throwing money at a loosing candidate is a stupid waste of money. Worse yet: The contribution will appear in an internet search forever more; so, it makes a lot of sense to pick your candidates very carefully, if maintaining your political credibility is important to you.

Supporting a political candidate for reasons of ethnic or religious affinity is facile, short-sighted and self defeating. That would be like purposefully relegating yourself to what is termed a “safe vote” (of a voter that doesn’t need to be appeased – because the politico’s motive for voter appeasement is abated by their confidence in voter affinity). There is a very real inverse relationship at work there. It is this very same political reality that systemically resulted in many AAs being disappointed in the presidency of BHO, even while they defend it. Voting for reasons of ethnic or religious affinity in fact contributes to the marginalization of Indo-Citizens(generic) in the diaspora, worldwide. (Betting on the wrong horse: You can’t pick a winner in that race!)

Consider: That the State of Israel enjoys considerable sway in the halls of American power; is unquestionable. Do you think Jewish Americans made this happen, by only voting for Jewish candidates? :rotfl: How about their morays: Do you think most Jewish Americans vote Republican, or Democrat? (Answer: Approximately 80% of Jewish Americans have typically voted Democratic, because they are liberal in their disposition and can recognize political pandering from Republicans when they see it.) Most importantly: Most Jewish Americans vote the same way most Americans vote: On “bread and butter” issues of domestic policy, articulated within a cogent political platform that inspires confidence. On the Democratic side, there are few candidates who have reached this prerequisite level of “electability” (aside from the funding and support formula which is new this year, imposed by the DNC). These candidates are: Bernie Sanders, Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren. By comparison: Tulsi Gabbard has not been able to clearly articulate a domestic agenda within a cogent political platform (Cory Booker is still piece meal).

No Democratic Party woman candidate in the USA can reasonably aspire to the presidency, without firm support from the LGBTQ community. This is the most intractable numerical reality imposing impossibility upon the POTUS candidacy of Tulsi Gabbard. Gay people in America vote, and they generally have more disposable income than their hetro peer groups (on account of having fewer children underfoot). No doubt, San Francisco’s former DA enjoyed firm support from this very important San Francisco constituency. Further consider: The percentage of “African Americans” is roughly 12.1%, and according to the research of Alfred Kinsey, 10% are LGBTQ (though more recent US research would indicate it’s more like 3.8% LGBTQ – which I question, since sexuality is on a spectrum, rather than some sort of strictly categorical system). Though TG claims to have “come around” on her thinking towards LGBTQ peeps (which is something that she supposedly learned in the military :roll: ); her history on the topic is something she has yet to shake-off effectively (the question keeps coming up). By comparison, KH has nothing to “shake off” on this account. Quite the contrary, actually.

Mort Walker: I recognize that you come here to spout-off one-liners, as a “time pass” of sorts; and that I have no standing to dissuade you from upping the static-to-noise ratio as you do, since I don’t own BRF and the mods inexplicably tolerate your often-aimless “time passing” (or is that gas passing?). Similarly, you should recognize that you aren’t helping anyone ‘Understand the US’ with your wishful “thinking”, and IMO your apparently thin-skinned “intellectual” vanity makes you a sorry excuse for a ‘Bharat-Rakshak’.

Kashi wrote:Sometime I cannot just understand, US based desi folks getting so pumped up about American politics on an forum primed for discussing matters of Indian security interests. And the forum for discussing our own political developments had to be hived off to a separate resource.

Excellent question, Kashi.

The political analyst in me would advise Desi Amreekhan voters that political personalities don’t matter nearly as much, as does institutions and institutional tides. It is “The System” that counts, much, much more than does the occupants or even operators of that system. (The meat grinder, only makes minced meat.) This explains why politicians in democracies will typically run on a particular political platform, and then run smack-dab into the middle of harsh political realities, many of them rooted in the bureaucratic/administrative arms of government (if you think the legislative process is slow-moving, it can only be because you’ve never studied bureaucracy). Some observers have termed this the policy inertia of government; which has a great many ‘balancing forces’ that sustain an established policy equilibrium which is nearly impossible for a single political leader to move substantially or permanently. That’s the plain, political reality of this particular situation.

To be more specific, WRT the security concerns of India vis a vis a potential 2020 winner of the POTUS race (all other things being status quo): It matters less who wins; than that every candidate who runs should be made to ‘run the gauntlet’ and be asked clearly how they stand on certain key issues relevant to India. This would be a fundamental change to "the system"; if American voters could be made to see their stakes on this political platform plank. Indeed, this is a point I have made on BRF before: There are many lessons that Indo-Americans can learn from the modus operandii of how Israeli-Americans wield their considerable influence over American political candidates. For a prime example: The AIPAC (America Israel Public Affairs Committee) circulates a questionnaire to candidates for high office, questioning their support for Israel on various issues; and makes the responses available to their supporters and journalists.

Is there any Indo-American group doing something similar? (Answer: No, there isn’t, because too many Indo-Americans are passing their time doing other (lesser) things.)

If ‘Khanland based Rakshaks were up to speed, they’d know that starting on Friday in theaters across America, is playing a (heavily) fictionalized account of the 26/11 attack. (Actually, there is lots of factual simplification and error going on in the movie; but the sentiments are what counts IMO, and these won’t disappoint Desis.) There should be a plan to "ride the wave" of public sentiment this movie will arouse against TSP-based terrorism.

Is there a plan for ‘Khanland Desis to capitalize on the waves this movie is going to make? (NB: The movie trailer already has 11 million views!) Will Khanland Desis get organized and put sharp questions to politicians, about their support for India, their stance on terrorism or their willingness to coddle the TSP? (Don’t look to me: I’m Canadian.)
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Mort Walker: I recognize that you come here to spout-off one-liners, as a “time pass” of sorts; and that I have no standing to dissuade you from upping the static-to-noise ratio as you do, since I don’t own BRF and the mods inexplicably tolerate your often-aimless “time passing” (or is that gas passing?). Similarly, you should recognize that you aren’t helping anyone ‘Understand the US’ with your wishful “thinking”, and IMO your apparently thin-skinned “intellectual” vanity makes you a sorry excuse for a ‘Bharat-Rakshak’.
No worries. Writing long essays in this thread is comparable to short statements as it serves no purpose as it is "Understanding the US - Again". I only wish I could be as eloquent as others. The last time we went through this sort of thing, Lalbrof stated that I was very very angry and UB was going to resort to becoming a work-place active shooter. :lol:

No matter how much people here try, 2 + 2 ≠ 5. KH is non-starter along with all the other Urban Naxals of Yoo-Ess. Orange-utan is there until Jan. 2025.
To be more specific, WRT the security concerns of India vis a vis a potential 2020 winner of the POTUS race (all other things being status quo): It matters less who wins; than that every candidate who runs should be made to ‘run the gauntlet’ and be asked clearly how they stand on certain key issues relevant to India. This would be a fundamental change to "the system"; if American voters could be made to see their stakes on this political platform plank. Indeed, this is a point I have made on BRF before: There are many lessons that Indo-Americans can learn from the modus operandii of how Israeli-Americans wield their considerable influence over American political candidates. For a prime example: The AIPAC (America Israel Public Affairs Committee) circulates a questionnaire to candidates for high office, questioning their support for Israel on various issues; and makes the responses available to their supporters and journalists.
Wrong. The power of the purse is in the hands of Congress. What needs to be done is that US Congress persons and Senators must be influenced every two years and held accountable for an anti-India stance. US presidential elections matter less in this regard. The problem is that the Indian community in every major metro has associations based on regions or languages of India. It could be a Tamil, Telgu, Marathi, Hindi or Bengali association for example. However, in some areas they are finally coordinating with each other for a common political agenda. Some lessons are being learned from AIPAC who are in fact helping some Indian associations. The problem is that Indian Hindus can't be like Jewish people who are essentially white European origin and white Christians firmly believed they can be "saved" as opposed to the heathen Indians.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

what happens in US directly affects many of us who either actually live there, or lived there and still have friends and family there. Plus there is an impact on India as to who is in the WH and what policies / inclinations they have.

While there are many issues with Trump, he has destabilized the state dept and it's response mechanism that we now have a window were we can leapfrog and breakthrough the american hegemony in world affairs.

as RD says, a Joe Biden run WH will be back to clinton era stuff. A Tulsi Gabbard will be much different, she is already being attacked for being modi friendly.

So it does make a difference...even though members are intent more in proving their past opinions and doing a repeat of the "libtard v cuntservative" argument here...that you can find elsewhere in domestic american boards like comments sections of their media.
Ravi Karumanchiri
BRFite

Re: Understanding the US - Better

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I thought we were discussing presidential politics, but OK, I’ll play this game…

While the ‘power of the purse’ may indeed be in the hands of Congress (both houses, in different ways); the POTUS is ‘commander and chief’ of the military and as such, controls the military/defense dimensions of the US-Pak relationship – even including unfettered control over FMS (foreign military sales) and mil-mil cooperation, which Congress can say nada about. Additionally, for aspects of the US-Pak relationship touching on issues such as trade, there is ‘delegated trade authority’ which the POTUS wields exclusively. For issues surrounding narcotics, the US DEA is similarly, more directly in the control of the president, though under the oversight of congress. (How do you not know this? If you don’t know this, where do you get the gumption to question my matter-of-fact analysis? You’re not informed, no matter how much Fox you watch!)

Indo-Americans of different ethnicities and religious affiliations coming together to make common cause of improving US foreign policy; is definitely a part of “the solution”. But, recognize the modus operandii required and follow that. BY DEFINITION this means eschewing “affinity politics” (which can never deliver results that Rakshaks would want) in favour of a clearly articulated policy platform rooted in a principled position. To be clear: Nothing of this sort is currently going on in either the US or Canada (“my home and native land”); nor in the UK, Australia or New Zealand, if I’m not mistaken (aka the ‘Five Eyes’/Anglosphere).

To be sure, the ethno-linguistic splintering of the ‘voting block power’ of Indo-Americans is a part of the problem; but so too is their typical “approach to politics”. Allow me to elaborate (at the risk of writing another “essay” – which I am sincerely hoping is not a waste of anyone’s time – unlike some other’s keystrokes here).

Politics is a retail business and a “street trade”.

To succeed as a politician, requires “street smarts”. Having these street smarts, gives a winning politician certain reflexes; which are predictable. By actively and purposefully testing these reflexes; a potential voter can ascertain how the politician in question is likely to behave/vote – BUT ONLY IF that testing of reflexes is undertaken. ONLY WHEN this testing is done, can a potential voter know how to best spend their campaign contributions. NB: This is almost never as simple as picking a candidate based on ethno-linguistic or religious affinity. It’s a “street thing”. Let me further explain….

Consider the case of two identical “Indo-American political campaign contributors/volunteers/voters”, each with the same propensity to vote one way or another….

IN THE FIRST CASE: One who approaches the candidate with a cheque ready to sign and an all swell-and-glad handing attitude (asking nothing) for their sheer cheer at being near the (reassured) seat of potential power….

VERSUS…..

IN THE SECOND CASE: One who confronts the candidate with penetrating questions on their policy platform/pledges (asking specifics) with assurance they’d contribute, volunteer and vote (conditionally), so long as the power they wield is for the well-defined “greater good”.

IN SUM, IN THE FIRST CASE, the politician will simply take your money and run, while IN THE SECOND CASE the politico will "face the voters and follow the money". Critically, putting politicos to the test, helps to pick not only a winner, but also someone who's going to do the right thing.

I’ve seen it happen: The so-called “politically active” sell-outs, who are really into-it for the purposes of self-aggrandizement, oftentimes. Too many Indo-Canadian and Indo-Americans (I’m quite sure) are too apt to approach a politician as in the first case above, rather than as he or she should, in the second case above.

Indo-Americans of every description uniting and working together to press a specific set of well-thought-out “policy pledges” to presidential and congressional and senate candidates alike; will pay dividends to Indian security interests. These dividends in security will multiply to the extent that ordinary Americans in every walk of life, and of every stripe, can be made to see clearly, how their own security interests run more in tune with those of Indians, than they do with Khan’s general’s friends in ‘pindi.
BY CONTRAST….
Indo-Americans working in disparate ethnolinguistic silos at their old and pointless game of affinity politics; trying to be seen as sitting ever-closer to the seat of power; will accomplish exactly nothing.

Mort Walker, I’m confused: You seem to be a Republican, Trump-supporter; and yet, you’re expressing an interest in the Democratic candidates? Why should an actual Democratic voter, take your counsel on who to vote for? What makes you think you’ve got a horse in that race?
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

In the end, It will be Mr. D Trump back in Oval office. All this posturing by Donkey Party is for 2024.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Recently, I saw TG interview. Awesome clarity & articulation skills at such youngish age. Truly a quality which I hope I had. But I don't think she will be even nominated this time around. I understand running for POTUS is expensive & draining affair but I do hope that she can use the campaign experience for future use.

Edit: I also wanted to add that TG seems like a genuine politician & person. May be she is too new in the game and has not been corrupted yet, but I do hope she continues to be this way. She comes across as down to earth person.
Last edited by Zynda on 27 Mar 2019 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

TG could very well usher in an era of bipartisanship with Elephant POTUS and donkey VP "one heartbeat away" from a POTUSy held by an 80-year-old. The thinking is not that far apart. Esp. since she won't get nominated by donkey Convention. (which one comes first? donkey or elephant?)

I believe DT in a 2nd term will be much more liberal than 1st term because that is his fundamental thinking (see interviews back in the 1970s). He' s made all the money he needs, 1000 times over. Mar Largo will get inundated by Sea Level Rise fairly soon, and so will many Trump properties around the dunia.

What makes TG viable is that she is not wacko/senile/downright stupid/pompous donkey unlike the rest of the stable. Will do what common sense dictates as being in the best long-term interest of the US and consistent with the Constitution, with humanity and Vedic wisdom having some moderating influence.

As for 2024, note that VP Pence has done the Kennedy Lite deja vu:

We will put (persons) on the Moon b4 2024 (translation: elect elephants, elect elephants). Nothing at all political in the announcement..
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding the US - Better

Post by Mort Walker »

Ravi Karumanchiri wrote: While the ‘power of the purse’ may indeed be in the hands of Congress (both houses, in different ways); the POTUS is ‘commander and chief’ of the military and as such, controls the military/defense dimensions of the US-Pak relationship – even including unfettered control over FMS (foreign military sales) and mil-mil cooperation, which Congress can say nada about. Additionally, for aspects of the US-Pak relationship touching on issues such as trade, there is ‘delegated trade authority’ which the POTUS wields exclusively. For issues surrounding narcotics, the US DEA is similarly, more directly in the control of the president, though under the oversight of congress. <snip of nonsense>
Wrong. FMS sales require congressional approval and a 30 day notice. You don't hear anything because POTUS generally consults with congress before an FMS proposal. Before an FMS is announced, members of Congress are lobbied by the defense contractors who have a presence in their district. In other words, everyone is on the same page before FMS announcement. Any binding treaties with foreign countries which commits the US must have Senate approval. This was the case when TSP was became part of SEATO and much later . the US-India Civil Nuclear Agreement. MuNNA authority was given to POTUS in the last 30 years or so by Congress. POTUS has trade authority within the law assigned by Congress, but even more specific changes to trade agreements need Senate approval such as the US-Mexico-Canada Agreement.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Now all they have to do is select a team of astronauts STRICTLY on merit as NASA always does: Must be a great Search in progress for astronaut candidates who combine at least 3 of the Merit Requirements.
1. Lesbian
2. Gay male
3. Tranvestite
4. AA
5. Hispanic
6. white wimmens

How many can they cram into a capsule for the 10 days and nights it takes?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Ravi Calm down. Mort no personal attacks.

Also guys why so hyper about US Presidential politics but zero interest in upcoming India General Elections?
Is this Pavlov response?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Ravi you are wrong about your perception of Indian Americans in silos.
Can't say more as they will get targeted by asses.
Also Second Case has got Indian Americans elected who are far left and confrontational.
Grandma Pelosi is very happy to use them as attack terriers on TV and keep real power in her circle.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

ramana wrote:Ravi Calm down. Mort no personal attacks.

Also guys why so hyper about US Presidential politics but zero interest in upcoming India General Elections?
Is this Pavlov response?
There is real interest there, but we are cautious because passions run high when the differences are so stark between desh sevaks and desh drohis.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Mod Note: Mort and Ravi, cease and desist the personal attacks immediately or you will be handed warnings. Also, reporting posts for personal attacks on the one hand while indulging in personal attacks of your own does not work.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Will comply. Hate to be banned twice in 22 years.
Ravi Karumanchiri
BRFite

Excuse me (not trying to be argumentative here), but none of my points were “to the man” but rather to his arguments or lack thereof. What labels I did apply, I did so with reasoned foundation drawing upon Mort’s own arguments, or lack thereof; not by way of name-calling, but rather of “calling him out”.

This is “cricket” in debate.

Please understand: I’m not arguing for “my favorite”, so much as I’m trying to help Rakshaks properly understand America. As I’ve noted: I don’t have a horse in this race per se; since I’m a Canadian and not eligible to vote in America. I am however, a life long close observer of the USofA, particularly on matters of foreign policy (not only as impacts Canada). My memory goes back to the Carter administration; and my knowledge of US history, farther back still. I’m just trying to share what I’ve learned (not “champion” a candidate for partisan reasons).

Why did I “engage” with Mort as above? Because his facile “analysis” is going to mislead ‘Khanland Desis into harbouring false hopes and expending political energy and capital in the wrong direction, for the wrong reasons.

Can anyone answer me why so many (supposed) Rakshaks are so keen on DJT? Isn’t he cutting visas of desi tech workers? Isn’t this a source of remittances and GoI revenues? Does this money not fuel the Indian economy, at least partially? (So called “Brain Drain” can pay dividends, if that money flows back into India.) More specifically, isn’t the Trump Administration maintaining the policy of keeping the TSP as a ‘Major Non-NATO Ally’? Isn’t Khan dependent on the TSP to facilitate Khan’s Afghan contingent, whether for supply and communication, or for eventual withdrawal? Isn’t Khan about to make some excuse to refute the proof F16s crossed the IB on a terror mission, so Khan can do on supplying the TSP with fancy mal…………? (You know, this is just a matter of time.)

Has anyone other than me noticed how far up the Saudi’s ass, is the Trump administration? Isn’t this the same Saudi regime backstopping the TSP?

ramana, please note it was not my ‘theory’ that Indo-Americans are in their separate silos, that was Mort’s contention.

NOTE: I never realized a Bharat Rakshak had to chose between self defense and moderators doing the needful on BRF. More to this point; I didn’t try to defend myself, so much as my arguments/observations. The ad hominem attacks made above, are not mine.

ANOTHER OBSERVATION if I may: Many, many people have observed that “the pendulum swings in America, from left to right and back again”. After two terms of BHO, it was practically a foregone conclusion that a Republican president would ascend to the WH. But now, mid-way through the first term of DJT, all the indicators are that the pendulum is overdue to swing again, this time radically. (DJT is not “two term” material – not by a long shot, and for many reasons I’ll spare you here.) I’ll also spare readers the nitty-gritty of the Electoral College and how that’s going to play-out in 2020 (where in the past few elections, Florida has always been an important swing state).

The major difference for Florida in 2020 is that next time, Florida will have an extra 500,000 Puerto Ricans residing and voting there – and you’d better believe they're motivated to turn-out to the polls, after their experience with DJT’s shoddy performance on the hurricane relief front. ALSO, for the first time in 2020, former felons will be allowed to vote. That’s right: Florida has also added 1.45 million former felons, back on the voting rolls. With these two major, major demographic shifts in the Florida electorate; it is expected that Florida has become reliably BLUE (Democrat-leaning). And just like that, the math for DJT became impossible for 2020. [You heard it here first, folks. 8) ]

For these reasons and many, many more: The smart money is on a Democratic candidate for 2020; and while you’re placing bets; it’s KH to place (TG will be a no-show). I’m truly sorry if that upsets anyone; but I’ve gotta call it like I see it (not how I’d want it to be). Anything less would be…….. noise.

[…… I am complying…….]

As for the claims of "no collusion", kindly remember that it was obstruction of justice that forced Nixon out, and we all saw DJT tell Lester Holt he fired Comey for conducting the Russia probe. That's de facto, prima facia evidence of obstruction of justice.

In a separate (but adjacent) matter: Remember the impeachment statutes reference "high crimes and misdemeanors" which need not rise to a criminal violation to warrant impeachment. Also note, that the underlying criminal predicate is separate from the intention to obstruct justice (i.e. nobody needs to prove a crime was committed, to prove that Obstruction occurred, which is in itself a criminal offense severe enough to force "Tricky Dick" out of office, which makes it good enough to extract the orange mushroom head from the World's collective behind.)

DJT supporters feeling relieved by Barr's four page "summary" of the Mueller report, are perhaps celebrating a tad early. (At the same time, Mueller is also the chief author of the greatest piece of whitewashing in American history, the 9/11 Commission Report, which included MUCH BS.)
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

Well it is that time of the cycle when mods close down a tangential thread because some posters believe that the made-for-tv sham democracy is real.
Most here do not give a fig to the party supporting rug licking and sodomizing buddies or to the whiter than you euro parties. We simply do not care who the 56% goblins worship on their tv, that is their choice be it a realtor turned molester or captain faggot and the crotch militia. The understanding should be an understanding of the enemy and its societal weakness and the finer points of twisting the dagger in various places, which is what this thread should ideally contribute to; as to the point of international relations, who here still thinks that the american elected politicians are in-charge of anything? be it the this animal or that, the policies remain the same, so what are we all discussing about?
Last edited by ricky_v on 28 Mar 2019 00:19, edited 1 time in total.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

The Comey investigation and Mueller report triggered my Paki RWR a long time ago. As in everything is a YYY conspiracy and the average citizen is an idiot for not comprehending this eternal truth. I'm sure others with experience debating Pakis/Communists have the same reaction.
Ravi Karumanchiri
BRFite

^^^^^^^^^^^
ricky_v and vera_k,

There is much in the way of ‘proper guidance’ in your remarks immediately above. Please note that I would concur: It matters little, who the actual candidate is; that there is a ‘System’ at work here, and so it’s the system that must be addressed to make positive change. To be clear, this system has been called the ‘Deep State’ or alternatively, the MIC, or more recently the Bio-Chem-Pharma-Military-Industrial Complex (which properly encompasses the totality of US interests at the big table of US policies, imposed on the RoW). The means of this imposition of US policy, is pinned on the USD, but also on other aspects of US hegemony, such as the WB and IMF, the WTO, WHO and WFP, et cetera, et cetera.

The objective for India? Create a more multi-polar world where India’s interests are secured.

What to do?

In large part, in a word: Wait for change, which will occur as a matter of India’s gravity. Bliss to remember, for 1700 of the last 2000 years, the wealthiest ‘country’ in the world was the land of Desh.

That America will eventually dispose of the TSP is a foregone conclusion; only a matter of time (paced by the placement/movement of US forces in Af/Pak).

That China will have a Pakistan problem is also a foregone conclusion; only a matter of time (paced by the repayment schedule and loans outstanding for BRI infrastructure, et cetera, et cetera).

So, wait, bid your time, "keep your powder dry" and expand your capabilities and options along with the public welfare of Indians. Be patient, though certainly not passive. Develop, step-by-step, and skipping no foundation stones.

<9/11 conspiracy bs deleted>
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Ravi you are on thin ice here. 9/11 conspiracy nonsense, really?
Ravi Karumanchiri
BRFite

Respectfully, I'm talking physics here, as in the laws of physics preclude the official story (the free-fall speed of collapse of WTC N&S Towers defies the laws of physics, unless there were explosives destroying the building). Those 4 videos I posted speak for themselves. I don't know why this BS has to be BRF orthodoxy. Is it?

NB: None of the four videos I included in my post above, include "CTs". On the contrary, each one carefully examined actual evidence, much of which you've seen yourself, but didn't understand.

Please understand: I am not keen to bust the rules here, and I am not trying to derail the thread or defy the mods. Rather, there is important information worth proper examination. Watch the videos, and if you are keen to debunk them, ban me permanently and I'll never bother anyone on BRF again.

Keep an open mind and watch these ***unlinked*** youtubes (begging mods indulgence, for bona fide reasons and with the stakes of my permaban dutifully accepted). Watch....

IYUYya6bPGw
GRd8IxJD5dM
sZrpNK4lJVc
igX7Z8VstN4

You can copy-paste these four text strings, into the Youtube search bar and the videos will play. Watch and then call me a fool for believing this TRUTH. NB: For followers of the 'Aircraft Recognition' thread, the Pilots for 911 Truth video, and the 'In Plane Site' video, will be of particular interest. Rakshaks with a physics foundation, might prefer the Architects and Engineers video; while military types will like that one more. Each brings important points to the fore that TOTALLY OBLITERATE the official version of events. That's just the fact. Ban me if you watch these videos and aren't brought-around to my way of thinking.
Last edited by Ravi Karumanchiri on 28 Mar 2019 01:40, edited 1 time in total.