Understanding the US - Again

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Mihaylo
BRFite

Re: Understanding the US- Again

Post by Mihaylo »

Lalmohan wrote:
TKiran wrote: what would happen? I am not a drug peddler.
no? you look brown... and you're probably a moslum... anyhow you don't pray to no white church
you might be in that there MS-13 thang...
holdon... I better shoot ya just to be on the safe side...

Lame!!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

https://www.news.com.au/technology/onli ... 9013c33342

things must be pretty grim in central america for people to flood across border to his kind of reception center...these pics were taken in Obama era not now.

now things could be a lot tougher given the wink wink nudge nudge from gotus to border patrol agencies
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

Singha wrote:https://www.news.com.au/technology/onli ... 9013c33342

things must be pretty grim in central america for people to flood across border to his kind of reception center...these pics were taken in Obama era not now.

now things could be a lot tougher given the wink wink nudge nudge from gotus to border patrol agencies
El Salvador, Venezuela, Brazil, economic problems in Argentina and of course Mexico. All failed or failing states.

-M
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

TKiran wrote:Gautam sir, I just asked a hypothetical question that if I come to US with my family, what would happen? I am not a drug peddler.
Another hypothetical question...
Once my daughter turns 21, she can sponsor me for GC. After I become 60 years, I will get compulsory retirement in India. Now I become evil foreigner in US and take up a engineering job in US in order to rob American fresh engineering graduates of their stable job. I live upto 95 years effectively robbing genuine American engineering job for 35 years. At that time Trump like fellow comes to power, (assume that I am still 92 years when Trump 2 comes to power). What kind of legislation he can bring in order to deport me back to India so that he can make America great again?(at the age of 92 I still hold my Indian passport).
Actually lot of my seniors are hoping to emigrate to US After they retire and work in US. So this is a serious problem for US. Even if they create a lot of jobs they will be grabbed by Indian GC holders depriving American youth of their dreams. What can Trump do about it?
Tkiranji,
God forbid, when did I say you were a drug peddler? Tauba, tauba. I said that rarely Indians are deported. Mostly it is the aam janata of Mexico that are deported, as the cost associated of such deportation is high for other countries. Mexicans are cheap to deport and they can return before the next harvest.
The answer to your question: DT is trying to compromise on the DACA, but his condition is to remove the family immigration that you want to avail yourself. The family immigration in case of Indians goes like this, one Indian gets his citizenship and then he sponsors his parents and minor siblings. After a long waiting time, they get GCs. Once parents get their citizenship (5 years+) they sponsor their adult sons/daughters. They too get GCs after a long wait. DT says that the immigrants coming in this way are not skilled enough. He also wants to remove the immigration lottery, but India will not be affected by that.
But in any case, I am not a lawyer and can tell you about stuff that was law when I migrated. Law changes frequently, and you need to talk to a lawyer before you cancel your newspaper (and milk deliv.) subscriptions and move to the US.
Gautam
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

H1b folks from India don't abuse the family sponsorship. I've knows folks letting it expire as it's hard to travel every year as old age/health problems/disinterest sets in.

The wait times are also too long to be worthwhile. By the time a regular H1 fellow gets a GC and then a citizenship, and then to sponsor sibling and when he gets it - it's already 20 plus years :rotfl:

It's useful for the green card pursuers who don't come under the quota issue.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Singha wrote:https://www.news.com.au/technology/onli ... 9013c33342
On top of political instability generated due to years of interference such as coups engineered by the CIA, these countries also suffer from drugs cartels that exist to ship drugs in the the US due to the high demand, generating billions of dollars in black. Also, due to the ease of procuring assault weapons in the US means that these are shipped to the South of the border easily. Cartels use these weapons to enforce their rule.
Gautam
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Gus wrote:H1b folks from India don't abuse the family sponsorship. I've knows folks letting it expire as it's hard to travel every year as old age/health problems/disinterest sets in.
The wait times are also too long to be worthwhile. By the time a regular H1 fellow gets a GC and then a citizenship, and then to sponsor sibling and when he gets it - it's already 20 plus years :rotfl:
It's useful for the green card pursuers who don't come under the quota issue.
The waiting times may not be that long for other countries. If I understand correctly Tkiranji wanted to use this category to work in the US after retirement. In any case DT does not want brown people. He wants technical coolies with no families to work 100 hours per week, on a 25 year GC wait. Their wives can come but not work. For permanent immigration he wants whites from Norway. As we all know, he also wants white MOBs from Eastern Europe, for those that can not get white girls in the US.
Gautam
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

did i say i was speaking about law enforcement? i was parodying the fact that many ordinary americans won't be able to distinguish an indian from a wide range of brown people. i know from my own experiences that in the border country of arizona most people assumed me to be mexican and many spoke to me in spanish
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

TKiran wrote:I have a question to gurus,

My daughter has American passport. She is studying in India happily. We didn't go to US after I returned to India.

Now if I come to US on H1 or on L1, and I loose job and want to return to India, will my daughter be snatched away from us?

Can she return to India? I have not changed her passport to Indian passport, as she has not lived in India for 15 years yet.
Question is whether she would want to return to India? Do you have a good relationship with your daughter? If she calls emergency to complain to avoid being taken out of the country, she will be with social services, while the case is investigated. She can work and drive as a teenager and stay in foster care until 21 if she wants to.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

vera_k wrote:
TKiran wrote:I have a question to gurus,

My daughter has American passport. She is studying in India happily. We didn't go to US after I returned to India.

Now if I come to US on H1 or on L1, and I loose job and want to return to India, will my daughter be snatched away from us?

Can she return to India? I have not changed her passport to Indian passport, as she has not lived in India for 15 years yet.
Question is whether she would want to return to India? Do you have a good relationship with your daughter? If she calls emergency to complain to avoid being taken out of the country, she will be with social services, while the case is investigated. She can work and drive as a teenager and stay in foster care until 21 if she wants to.
Veraji,
The hypothetical daughter is already in Bharat, doing her hypothetical studies. The SHQ controls her like Tibet under the Chinese. No boy friends and no foster care and certainly no car.
Gautam
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

^
Wasn't the question about what happens when the family is in the USA and has to move out due to circumstances? The government won't interfere unless the child wants it to. All bets are off if the child is able to get a job and a driver's license, and before that it depends on how strong the family bond is.
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

I was checking with my friends about the emigration of 60+ GC holders, whoever was fit after retirement, atleast 3 of them in my close circles already emigrated US, one is a professor in US school.

Whatever Trump is doing, he's not able to stop Andhra's from flooding US.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

^TKiran'ji - just be within law and try not to TKiran US and the US will not TKiran you.

Yes, if your daughter sponsors your GC and you can come here post 60+ and get a professional job, you can continue working. Draw US salary and Indian GoI will be paying for your retirement.

At the age of 95, you will have accumulated enough Social Security that you can get monthly several thousand dollars just in SS benefits.

In fact, it will be great if you and your friends can continue working post 60+ The more you delay your SS benefits, the more the retirees in US will benefit. It is a win-win.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

People have missed the elephant in the room:

====
https://swarajyamag.com/world/trumps-un ... nst-israel
By pulling out of UNHRC, the US is not going to achieve anything significant. But by doing so, Trump has exposed the global version of our domestic “tukde-tukde” gang.

... it is a form of silent vindication for the Indian Right, for what Trump has essentially done is expose the global version of our domestic “tukde-tukde” gang, which would like both India and Israel dismembered. The forces supporting the two are the same: the global Left and Islamists of various hues, among others. In India we have an additional enemy in the form of the global religious conversion forces. ...

The US decision, announced by Indian-origin US Ambassador to the UN, Nikki Haley, and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, was not without its own share of hypocrisies. For example, Haley lambasted the council for not calling out “massive abuses in Venezuela and Iran” and for welcoming “the Democratic Republic of Congo as a new member,” but fails to mention the Trump administration’s own backing for Saudi Arabia and several other Islamist countries that are not known for their soft approaches to human rights. She added: “For too long, the Human Rights Council has been a protector of human rights abusers, and a cesspool of political bias.”

That it is, but surely the US cannot escape the same criticism for its own human rights abuses, where it has forcibly separated children of illegal immigrants from their parents, a policy that it is only now reversing after a massive global outcry.

...Haley made no bones about it when she talked about the council’s “disproportionate focus and unending hostility toward Israel.” She added, for good measure: “human rights abusers continue to serve on, and be elected to, the council. The world's most inhumane regimes continue to escape its scrutiny, and the council continues politicising scapegoating of countries with positive human rights records in an attempt to distract from the abusers in its ranks.”

Jagannathan is Editorial Director, Swarajya. He tweets at @TheJaggi.
Read the full article at swarajyamag.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

chalo, atleast the families will be detained together from now on like japani-americans
meanwhile I seriously and sincerely hope that all the separated families are renuited whether in captivity or liberty
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

it'll be several months before kids who were moved around the system from one place to another, from cells to centers to fosters etc..to be united with parents who may have been released/deported earlier.

locating people, verifying identities, logistics and legalities of handovers etc...it's going to be a nightmare for all involved.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

and one father has already committed suicide over being separated

the emerging soundbites are that Donnie thought the base would lap up the separation policy but the barrage of -ve television changed his mind. also family detention/internment seems to be the not so secret policy that was the intention all along
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

The border hulla gulla reinforces only one thing about the american populace, i.e that they are phattuu's. All twitter war and no street action make enlightened arm-chair human rights enforcers sissy munnas. What glorious scenes of impotent rage on show, all round shouting matches in well lit designated studio spaces,once the pandu danda is shown all human rights enter these guys nether regions.
Say anything about our democratic set-up, at least people protest every inch and step of the way with sometimes actual police matches, these gentrified folks are content with twitter ranting, facebook liking, and shouting at each other in designated safe spaces. The believers in the cause are dead, the LWE of yore are already forgotten,maybe some enterprising individual can export our world famous candle marches over there and give the cravens an impotent outlet.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

amirkhans are tame...outside of twitter rants, most would do phone calls to their reps (which can be effective, if you are in their donor list)..

folks are just scared into submission...and won't risk any encounter with the justice system. only egregious violence on blacks tends to bring the blacks out in the streets...and even that is organized and eventually tamped down.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Lalmohan wrote:the emerging soundbites are that Donnie thought the base would lap up the separation policy but the barrage of -ve television changed his mind. also family detention/internment seems to be the not so secret policy that was the intention all along
a good section of the base does love this. unfortunately the photos and audios of babies crying leaked out.

the inner circle..the stephen millers, lewandoski etc still don't care. the outer layer of the spokies, ivankas etc could not slime their way out of these issues and were getting cornered.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

and yet melania wore a deliberately provocative slogan on her jacket today to take the news focus away from the children and on to her...
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

^^ The dumbocrats and liberandus think that they are winning this via the heart rending visuals, but just like Indian Congoons became a mullah party, the dumbocrats are at a serious risk of becoming a latino party.

Several Asians are now questioning why they are being separated from their parents and kids? Particularly when they have come legally and are contributing to the American economy!
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

I have always wondered about the inability of groups inimical to the us to cause mayhem in an already deeply stratified society; this partially answers it,cowardice. All johnny rambos in private lives, and scared teenagers when apprehended by the establishment.
Making memes and championing hashtag causes is all the revolucion is reduced to, actual grunt work to achieve something tangible reduces the worthies to shivering bombasts.Now if only our liberals had the eyes to see that their overlords have the constitution of a shivering leaf.
Antifa and blm were supposed to throw a wrench in the civic admin but they have been underwhelming so far, they would rather prefer more civvies killed than commit to a cause. No wonder that the country has been held together by spit and duct tape for so long, the masses are too lethargic to affect any outcome.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

both antifa and BLM were promoted as part of the active measures campaign, and to that end they served their purpose

part of the reason I believe that the masses do not revolt is that there is always the promise of a better outcome by 'following the dream' and of course the full weight of the state that can fall on your head if you resist. carrot and stick
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

disha wrote:Several Asians are now questioning why they are being separated from their parents and kids? Particularly when they have come legally and are contributing to the American economy!
"people are saying" :D

who are these legal immigrant "several asians" that are separated from their kids? kids getting over 21 and losing H4 status?

yep...this is same as kids being separated and detained with uncertainty over reunion.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

under cover of the child abduction scam, the administration has passed a bunch of legislation to resume pollution of American waterways and oceans... hurrah! that will show those pesky European ingrates! and an extra kick for those treacherous white house burning canucks whilst we are at it!
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Gus wrote:"people are saying" :D

who are these legal immigrant "several asians" that are separated from their kids? kids getting over 21 and losing H4 status?

yep...this is same as kids being separated and detained with uncertainty over reunion.
There are several in boat who did not have their GCs done but have kids who have not yet reached full adulthood - but are US Citizens. Curious case where the parents are going to be deported (or have to leave US shores) while their kids are either in middle or high school. Scrambling around for putting their kids with some or other relatives or even friends.

The number of cases do not have to run in several lakhs or thousands. Few hundreds is heart rendering enough, but of course there is no crying kid visual or kids with teddy bears.

These are primarily asian (read indian/chinese) kids who do not have any hearts. They do not have any dreams. They are richie-rich with parents working in it-vity. They do not participate in gang. Do not do drugs. In general they confirm to the asian stereotypes.

Those asian americans do not matter for the dumbocrats and the liberandus. Just like in India, Hindus are sub-altern and do not matter to the liberal media.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

If one has to understand the US again, think through the generational change US is going through.

US has baby boomers -> X-Gen (the trapped generation) & now the millenials.

X-Gen & Millenials has seen nothing but recession and more recession and losing their jobs and opportunities. For them, there is no american dream left.

At this point, it is all about "angst & anger against the 'system' " whatever that is.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

h1bs who stayed here for close to two decades, but not having GC done, and possibly being forced to leave, and so what to do about US born citizen kid

is the same as asylum seekers being separated from smaller kid (toddlers and infants included) and being detained and no certainty of what happens.

Yep. same situation. many people are saying this, i've heard..did you know this? Country needs a strong leader. beautiful. we gotta do this. MS13. Fake news. Sad!
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

Those asian americans do not matter for the dumbocrats and the liberandus.
and they matter even less to the republicans and not at all to the alt-right...
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

Donald Trump's Self Proclaimed Elitism | The Daily Show With Trevor Noah

Trump's new hand move around 3.01 :rotfl:

KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Gus wrote:h1bs who stayed here for close to two decades, but not having GC done, and possibly being forced to leave, and so what to do about US born citizen kid

is the same as asylum seekers being separated from smaller kid (toddlers and infants included) and being detained and no certainty of what happens.

Yep. same situation. many people are saying this, i've heard..did you know this? Country needs a strong leader. beautiful. we gotta do this. MS13. Fake news. Sad!
In the now defunct L&M thread, one of the characters of the Kunal & Neha saga was Anand and Reshma. We had known them for almost 14 years. Anand was in the US for about 23 years and did his Masters and worked here for 20+ years. No GC, one problem or the other. He had to go back after he got laid off last year and could not find a new job in 60 days. So this is a real issue, I feel that instead of giving it to syrians and others who will end up as terrorists in 1 generation, give a GC to productive people like anand.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

yes, it's a real issue. the problem is the false equivalency and whataboutery and irrelevant arguments which does not help either of the victims here.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Usa prefers fresh warm bodies off the MS treadmill followed by 20 years lockin of employer doing gc filing than people who are already into middle age with kids and houses and savings

The young lads are much more desperate and will work harder for less

Actually ageism is a factor everywhere incl india
pravula
BRFite

Post by pravula »

Singha wrote:Usa prefers fresh warm bodies off the MS treadmill followed by 20 years lockin of employer doing gc filing than people who are already into middle age with kids and houses and savings

The young lads are much more desperate and will work harder for less

Actually ageism is a factor everywhere incl india
Ageism is illegal in US and one of the protected classes. The 20 year lock-in is for very limited set of people (China, India and Philippines IIRC). Everyone else gets a GC on employment basis in <1 year.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

They lay off a few young ones to mask this. Happening all over

This is the society the twitter wielding murican iphone kamandus want to fight https://youtu.be/bsIykHP_D_U
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

^Ha, can you imagine an average yanqui matched up against an average ruski doing anything more than curling up in surrender when the beating starts. While the yanks were doing gender studies and raging against the world that forbade them to walk the streets in underwear and dildos, the rest of the world was being true to its animalistic nature. Even the euros ,whipped as they are, go to the border crossings and fight the forces to ensure that the immigrants come through. The yanks protest by social media and public marches with matching costumes.
The ruskis would literally pillage everything of the free world's leader if the matter continues as is.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/loc ... -it-again/

I wonder how long before fiberal restaurants in metros refuse to serve sanghi cats ? Or offer them a limited menu of cow meat only or leave
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

ricky_v wrote:^Ha, can you imagine an average yanqui matched up against an average ruski doing anything more than curling up in surrender when the beating starts. While the yanks were doing gender studies and raging against the world that forbade them to walk the streets in underwear and dildos, the rest of the world was being true to its animalistic nature. Even the euros ,whipped as they are, go to the border crossings and fight the forces to ensure that the immigrants come through. The yanks protest by social media and public marches with matching costumes.
The ruskis would literally pillage everything of the free world's leader if the matter continues as is.
The average American would show up with his/her Glock 19 extended clip, AR-15 and Benelli M4 semi-automatic shotgun (I've been itching to get one myself). I know well to do African Americans are buying guns at the same rate as their white counterparts.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

much of these gun owners are range tigers only and show offs.

real hunters who can put down a deer at long range or have countryside skills are only small segment in the midwest, upper NE and parts of the south. they do not go for AR15/M4 type weapons but proper well machined rifles and take their marksmanship seriously because many are poor and bagging some meat feeds their family. disciplined men, who use it as a tool, not a political statement or showbazi.

the kind of guys posing and flag marching in alt-right rallies would piss in their pants at the prospect of a real fight where the opponents can shoot back.

arizona border recon - a civilian patrol group defending the frontier against illegal migrants and other unwanteds

someone should tell them gently they are not up for it ...