Understanding the US - Again

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
EswarPrakash
BRFite

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Post by EswarPrakash »

Paul wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfHJvcjReFI

Dine and Dashing.....I thought this only happened in IIIrd world countries.
Seems endemic there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNlBNGwB6rk
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

these BLM freaks are turning out to be even worse than the most khattarpanthi of jehadis

they will soon bring about a mandal bundal commission type of racket and tank the country

the soros scum have established a secure beachhead to the very heart of the democratic union and will soon begin to termite it from within
Biden’s UN ambassador, Linda Thomas-Greenfield, tells the National Action Network that if America's going to join the UN’s Human Rights Council, we must acknowledge our own failures: “White supremacy is weaved into our founding documents and principles”
via@tomselliott
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

BLM can never be worse than jihadis, and that is indeed a highly self-defeating comparison to make.

However far-fetched the rhetoric of BLM, the fact that Blacks were brought to America as slaves, enslaved for centuries, then subjected to all kinds of discrimination even after being emancipated is undeniable. It is in the historical record.

Whereas there is no instance anywhere (at least in the Indian subcontinent) of Islam being oppressed by non-Muslim natives in any way, shape or form. Indeed the historical record points to Muslims being the invaders, enslavers, looters, mass-murderers and systematic eradicators of native culture in every situation. They have far more in common with "whites" than with any "blacks".

BLM is the white peoples' problem. The same white people cry "Hindu fundamentalist/fascist oppression against Maw Slums" when they want to virtue-signal from their "liberal" universalist facade. So I for one am glad that BLM is crawling up their unmentionables & calling them out as White Supremacists, 24 X 7 X 365.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

RT counter propaganda

darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Rudradev wrote:BLM can never be worse than jihadis, and that is indeed a highly self-defeating comparison to make.

However far-fetched the rhetoric of BLM, the fact that Blacks were brought to America as slaves, enslaved for centuries, then subjected to all kinds of discrimination even after being emancipated is undeniable. It is in the historical record.

Whereas there is no instance anywhere (at least in the Indian subcontinent) of Islam being oppressed by non-Muslim natives in any way, shape or form. Indeed the historical record points to Muslims being the invaders, enslavers, looters, mass-murderers and systematic eradicators of native culture in every situation. They have far more in common with "whites" than with any "blacks".

BLM is the white peoples' problem. The same white people cry "Hindu fundamentalist/fascist oppression against Maw Slums" when they want to virtue-signal from their "liberal" universalist facade. So I for one am glad that BLM is crawling up their unmentionables & calling them out as White Supremacists, 24 X 7 X 365.
For America especially white people and too a certain extent even Asian americans, BLM is far worse than jihadis. In this context Jihadis do not pose the same perceptible threat that BLM poses.

By the way Indian-Americans and PIOs along with other Asian-americans based in America have suffered much more at the hands of Black goons than those of white racists. Crime records will prove my point.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I do not think BLM is anyway working for the progress of blacks in the US. Dems and other PC BS SJW gangs creating a huge rage mob that will force the rest of the society to comply. This will not stop with the "white Suprimasy" thing. It will find new and new targets for hate. Hindus/Indians will be one of the first set of people who may be attacked in such a case.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

darshhan wrote: For America especially white people and too a certain extent even Asian americans, BLM is far worse than jihadis. In this context Jihadis do not pose the same perceptible threat that BLM poses.

By the way Indian-Americans and PIOs along with other Asian-americans based in America have suffered much more at the hands of Black goons than those of white racists. Crime records will prove my point.
Well the interests of Indian Americans may not always align with the interests of India. Sanctimonius white "liberals" love to preach about the caste system and supposed oppression of Muslims in "Hindoo Nationalist" India. Us talking about the appalling treatment of Black people in white-majority America is the best way to counter their propaganda and tell them to look in the mirror. One good point to hit them on (if they mention the caste system) is that the Indian constitution provides for Affirmative action on an unprecedented scale in the form of caste based reservations and minority quotas. In contrast to this, despite their sordid history of enslaving black people and committing genocide against Native Americans followed by segregation and denial of basic civil rights for a long time, even California, the paragon of "liberalism" fails to pass a law in favor of Affirmative action.

Now we know very well that the kind of affirmative action they were talking about would have been unfair to Indian Americans and other Asian Americans as much as if not more than white people. But that doesn't mean we can't use that to hit back against some pompous San Francisco white "liberal" who tries to sound off on the evil caste system in India.

There is absolutely no need to be fair in our criticism and derision of them, when they do not show any while doing the same to us.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

nachiket wrote:
darshhan wrote: For America especially white people and too a certain extent even Asian americans, BLM is far worse than jihadis. In this context Jihadis do not pose the same perceptible threat that BLM poses.

Well the interests of Indian Americans may not always align with the interests of India. Sanctimonius white "liberals" love to preach about the caste system and supposed oppression of Muslims in "Hindoo Nationalist" India. Us talking about the appalling treatment of Black people in white-majority America is the best way to counter their propaganda and tell them to look in the mirror. One good point to hit them on (if they mention the caste system) is that the Indian constitution provides for Affirmative action on an unprecedented scale in the form of caste based reservations and minority quotas. In contrast to this, despite their sordid history of enslaving black people and committing genocide against Native Americans followed by segregation and denial of basic civil rights for a long time, even California, the paragon of "liberalism" fails to pass a law in favor of Affirmative action.

Now we know very well that the kind of affirmative action they were talking about would have been unfair to Indian Americans and other Asian Americans as much as if not more than white people. But that doesn't mean we can't use that to hit back against some pompous San Francisco white "liberal" who tries to sound off on the evil caste system in India.

There is absolutely no need to be fair in our criticism and derision of them, when they do not show any while doing the same to us.
Agree with your post. This is one of the points where India's interests and Indian-American interests diverge. My post was only in context of Indian Americans and other asians in USA.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

darshhan wrote:
For America especially white people and too a certain extent even Asian americans, BLM is far worse than jihadis. In this context Jihadis do not pose the same perceptible threat that BLM poses.

White people are responsible for the colonization of my ancestral civilization, a colonization which continues to warp the minds of millions of my fellow Hindus today. They have distorted whatever in our culture they could not erase, enslaved whomever they could not exterminate, looted everything they could not seize through outright occupation.

If you want to sympathize with them, go ahead.

I for one have no special affiliation with black people. But I can see one thing very clearly. If Hindus did not have steel/gunpowder/horses and military technology by around 1500 CE-- when the white people came to India-- our fate would have been no different from the black people's.

Crime records prove nothing, by the way. They only prove that there are two Americas-- a nice place of suburban lawns, decent schools, safe streets, stock portfolios for the white people and a crime-ridden ghetto for everybody else. Indians and other Asians who emigrate to the US, being non-white, go to the ghetto by default unless they already have money backing them on arrival. White-controlled law-enforcement agencies don't care what goes on in such places (even if their residents pay taxes just like everyone else). So of course most crime committed against Asians is going to be by other non-white residents of the ghetto areas who live alongside them.
srikandan
BRFite

Post by srikandan »

Rudradev: White people are responsible for the colonization of my ancestral civilization, a colonization which continues to warp the minds of millions of my fellow Hindus today. They have distorted whatever in our culture they could not erase, enslaved whomever they could not exterminate, looted everything they could not own through outright occupation.
Well said. Even today the "secular and liberal" whites, and the "religious christian right" whites continue to push for complete destruction of Hindu civilization by pretending "religious freedom to convert" is a human right, so they can run their neo-colonial imperial agenda under the banner of "human rights for all".

In the US, Indian-americans are treated as "white" when it comes to college admissions or other resources that white people get "based on merit", but if there are too many meritorious Indians, these same white "liberals" will turn around and build a school for their white children so they do not have to compete with the coloreds. Or as is happening in california, make it a lottery, because you can't have more successful colored chinese-americans and Indian-americans than whites, that's just unfair and wrong, you see.

That's the land of freedom and democracy in a nutshell --- if it was not so unfashionable to have slaves today, these oiseaules would still have slaves, while their universities would run courses and seminars on casteism in evil hindoo India.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Rudradev wrote:
darshhan wrote:

White people are responsible for the colonization of my ancestral civilization, a colonization which continues to warp the minds of millions of my fellow Hindus today. They have distorted whatever in our culture they could not erase, enslaved whomever they could not exterminate, looted everything they could not seize through outright occupation.

If you want to sympathize with them, go ahead.

I for one have no special affiliation with black people. But I can see one thing very clearly. If Hindus did not have steel/gunpowder/horses and military technology by around 1500 CE-- when the white people came to India-- our fate would have been no different from the black people's.

Crime records prove nothing, by the way. They only prove that there are two Americas-- a nice place of suburban lawns, decent schools, safe streets, stock portfolios for the white people and a crime-ridden ghetto for everybody else. Indians and other Asians who emigrate to the US, being non-white, go to the ghetto by default unless they already have money backing them on arrival. White-controlled law-enforcement agencies don't care what goes on in such places (even if their residents pay taxes just like everyone else). So of course most crime committed against Asians is going to be by other non-white residents of the ghetto areas who live alongside them.
Looks like you did not read my post carefully. First of all I did not disagree with what you wrote in your original post or in this post. I just pointed out that in the current American context, whites, Asian-Americans including Indian-Americans and even hispanic-americans are more threatened by BLM rather than jihadis. And this is true.

As far as crime situation in ghettos is concerned, I was not discussing any reasons for the same. I just pointed out the prevailing situation and not the reasons.

I would like to add another point to this. Instead of the term "Whites" I would use the term "Anglos". I am sure that Czech, Irish or Georgian people are not responsible for our miseries.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

The race/crime equation is fraught with many victimhoods. Blacks are the recipient of black largesse. Blacks are the victims and perpetrators of a great deal of violent crime.

Of course it is not demanding to explain black violence. Just inconvenient.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

sanjaykumar wrote:The race/crime equation is fraught with many victimhoods. Blacks are the recipient of black largesse. Blacks are the victims and perpetrators of a great deal of violent crime.

Of course it is not demanding to explain black violence. Just inconvenient.
Why this urge to make excuses for their treatment of black people? You can attempt to analyze all the nuances and data to explain the situation but know that white Americans will not do us the same courtesy when they blame us for oppressing Muslims in India despite the fact that for most of the last 1000+ years it was the Hindus being oppressed in India. And they will vehemently protect their own academic when she demonizes Hinduism and refuses to acknowledge any atrocities committed on them by a well known historical mass murderer.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

How a 13 yr. old unarmed kid can be shot by a cop is incomprehensible. The spate of recent shootings by police plus by loonies killing the public has been described by Gerry Joe as an "epidemic". But for years only lip service has been done to address the disease.

The latest Fedex shooting by Brandon Hole,who was earlier investigated by the cops,let off is another black mark against the police for failing to pick up a red-flagged lunatic.
There have already been at least 40 serious shootings in the last month itself in the US . More are inevitably on the cards. Sadly the US which pontificates at the rest of the world about human rights,etc. "Physician,heal thyself!"
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

I think I was too elliptical. When you kidnap, enslave, breed human beings like chattel, it is rich to complain it is they who are violent.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Philip wrote:How a 13 yr. old unarmed kid can be shot by a cop is incomprehensible. The spate of recent shootings by police plus by loonies killing the public has been described by Gerry Joe as an "epidemic". But for years only lip service has been done to address the disease.
The 13 year old kid had a handgun. The police officer had to make a quick decision on what to do - allow the kid to possible shoot him or shoot the kid. It's easy for us to pass judgement on the police from the safety of our living rooms but the streets are dangerous, especially the south side of Chicago. I have ventured there by mistake and it is a scary part of town.

It's the trend these days to portray every encounter as a racist one. Many are not.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/15/us/adam- ... index.html
The video, according to police, shows a gun in Toledo's right hand as he nears an open area of fence next to an empty lot. Toledo turns to his left, toward the officer, and what police say is the gun disappears behind his right side. Toledo begins to raise his hands as he's facing the officer when the officer fires his weapon.

From the time police said the gun was first visible on body-worn camera footage in Toledo's hand, to the time the officer fired his weapon, was eight tenths of a second. In that period of time, his right arm disappears behind the fence before he begins to raise both hands.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Philip wrote:The spate of recent shootings by police plus by loonies killing the public has been described by Gerry Joe as an "epidemic". But for years only lip service has been done to address the disease.
In Indian terms it is not short of genocide. Repeated year after year. However, most politicians and judges are supportive of it because it is enabled by the constitution. This explains why nothing is done and at best there is lip service after every incident.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

nachiket wrote:
Why this urge to make excuses for their treatment of black people? You can attempt to analyze all the nuances and data to explain the situation but know that white Americans will not do us the same courtesy when they blame us for oppressing Muslims in India despite the fact that for most of the last 1000+ years it was the Hindus being oppressed in India. And they will vehemently protect their own academic when she demonizes Hinduism and refuses to acknowledge any atrocities committed on them by a well known historical mass murderer.
The problem is that BLM is an organization which falls under the Venn diagram intersection of anarchists, SJW and BIF allies. BLM has forgotten the lessons of protests that were used by MLK and MKG before him. India has no dog in this fight except that BLM's issues do highlight American hypocrisy of human rights. Let BLM and whites resolve their own issues. However, the people who are in BLM will indeed target Indians and Indian origin people.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Mort Walker wrote: India has no dog in this fight except that BLM's issues do highlight American hypocrisy of human rights.
That is precisely why we should use it to the full extent possible to reveal their hypocrisy and counter their propaganda against India and Hindus.
Let BLM and whites resolve their own issues.
I will accept that when they show the same courtesy towards India instead of running their mouth without even attempting to fully understand what's going on.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Jaeger
BRFite

Post by Jaeger »

So sad. It's becoming so difficult for a good white herrow to break the arms of 73-year-old ladies with dementia or shoot a 13-year-old kid. My heart goes out to him.
I see all this a little differently. From my comfortable armchair in desh, I feel Hindu/Indian community has missed a trick or two. The tactic should've been to out-woke the wokes from Day 0. Look at the mf-ing Pakis. They can literally JDAM their own people and yet they claim full victimhood in the West.
Time for us to put on the mask and wail as loudly as anyone while making good woke noises about killer cops and BLM. White wokes are still White first. When presented with a good helping of butter, they will swallow anything. JMT, IMHO, etc.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Jaeger wrote:So sad. It's becoming so difficult for a good white herrow to break the arms of 73-year-old ladies with dementia or shoot a 13-year-old kid. My heart goes out to him.
I see all this a little differently. From my comfortable armchair in desh, I feel Hindu/Indian community has missed a trick or two. The tactic should've been to out-woke the wokes from Day 0. Look at the mf-ing Pakis. They can literally JDAM their own people and yet they claim full victimhood in the West.
Time for us to put on the mask and wail as loudly as anyone while making good woke noises about killer cops and BLM. White wokes are still White first. When presented with a good helping of butter, they will swallow anything. JMT, IMHO, etc.
+1,00,008

The term to use on our behalf is Indigenous Culture. Indigenous, Indigenous, Indigenous. Native Civilization. First Peoples. That's who Hindus are to India. We only have India and now our culture even within our home country is under attack.

Take back the moral authority to virtue-signal. By acting like """RW""" raakit-mards, we have given up that space entirely to the peaceful community (who are the real victimizers). They are the ones with the actual raakits, but they portray themselves as perennial victims. Who has been more successful in influencing US politics?
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

There is a section of the Indian American population which attempts to out-woke the woke like the Pramila Jaypal types and that commie nutbag from Seattle Kshama Sawant etc. A lot of Indian origin candidates in the Democratic party might fall into this category to be honest. But without fail they will out-woke the woke in attacking India and Hindus as well.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

nachiket wrote:There is a section of the Indian American population which attempts to out-woke the woke like the Pramila Jaypal types and that commie nutbag from Seattle Kshama Sawant etc. A lot of Indian origin candidates in the Democratic party might fall into this category to be honest. But without fail they will out-woke the woke in attacking India and Hindus as well.
Not necessarily. There are based Hindus using the woke/postmodern rhetoric effectively to make the case for India and Sanatan Dharma without falling into any kind of self-flagellation. Indu Vishwanathan, Vishal Ganeshan, Mukunda Raghavan, Ruchir Sharma to name a few.

Honestly Rajiv Malhotra in Being Different used very much the same types of arguments (from the same critical drishti, if you like) when talking about Mutual Respect, Western Universalism etc.

Hindus just need to be clear among ourselves that we are not on the Republican/"RW" side or the Democratic/Leftist side of US politics. We are in the Hindu camp. We will engage with both sides to accrue whatever benefits each has to offer.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

On that note I encourage everybody here to sign up for this online program on Friday, April 23rd.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/understand ... 9644973143

This is an Understanding Hinduphobia conference being set up by the Hindu Students Council at Rutgers. It is part of the wider battle against Audrey Truschke and her protectors in the Rutgers ecosystem.

The Hindu Students Council made the initial complaint against her and got rebuffed by the Rutgers administration on the flimsy excuse of "academic freedom". Of course, academic freedom would not have saved the job of any professor whose remarks about Islam were as odious and hateful as Audrey Truschke's discourse on Hinduism.

But-- good for them-- the HSC did not give up the fight. They are continuing to build awareness and motivate Hindus on campus to stand up for our rights, partially through organizing events like the above.

Let's support these kids. Please sign up for the online conference. It's only a streaming conference so you can always have it running on your computer even while doing your day's work... but it's important. Let's come out in numbers and show that we stand together against Hinduphobia.

Please share the link as widely as possible and encourage others to sign up/sign on as well.
Jaeger
BRFite

Post by Jaeger »

An excellent initiative Rudradev. Their own scripture must be quoted back at them, metaphorically. I remember seeing AOC signing a 'protest board' back in CAA days. It had Islamic, Christian and Jewish symbols along with Ek Omkar. If only one woke Hindu or Buddhist was there to ask whether she was labeling ALL Dharmics and whether she believed that all Hindus and Buddhists were evil. Our people should be there, asking the questions and "doing the work" as they say.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Forwarded to my niece who is in Rutgers....motivating her to join the fight against Hinduphobia in Rutgers.

Thank you for letting us know
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

via@ScottyAmerica1
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Does that make Floyd's killing any less heinous ? No. His case is one of thousands.
Does that make Timpa's killing any less heinous ? No. His case is one of dozens.

That all non-whites are treated with presumed dangerousness by the predominantly white police officers and that they are likely to shoot at the slightest hint of perceived danger is a fact.

Those who say black lives matter are NOT saying any/all other lives not matter. If anyone is interpreting it otherwise is showing their own racial bias.

I was initially against the concept of "systemic racism". But over time I do realise that a system put in place mostly by whites, could even unintentionally end up favouring whites more than non-whites. Minor differences in how public policy is framed and implemented in areas like access to education, health, nutrition, justice, policing etc will add up and the cumulative effect over decades will inevitably end up favouring those who actively participate in making the system. Advantageous beginnings create self reinforcing loops as much as disadvantaged beginnings. Both are hard to break (out of). While laws may be largely equitable, their application in reality and in the delivery of public policy can veer off the desired equal treatment over time if some groups do not become more and more active participants.

The remedy to this is definitely not being overly woke calling for equality of outcomes that is not only impossible but even undesirable to achieve. Neither is over compensating in ways that often give false and superficial sense of equality and justice to the disfavoured (like equal salaries, job reservations and x% of <<pick your favourite group>> in board rooms, elected officials, astronauts etc etc), and give dubious results.

The most effective answers IMHO lie in
A. Education that stresses equality under law and in daily interactions,
B. Public policy that consciously works to provide Equal Opportunity (not necessarily equal outcome).
C. Public policies that foster social mixing and reduce ghettoisation be it fully white suburbia with manicured lawns or high density social housing zones and poor urban neighbourhoods for the non-white.
D. A culture that places Individual Responsibility ahead of collective victimhood. Rejects identity politics.
E. Universal socialised health care. What differentiates humans from rest of the animal species is our propensity to take care of the weak, sick and disabled. That we owe this much to our fellow humans in any society that has the means to afford it should be beyond argument in the 21st century.

Social mixing helps demystify the "other" and hopefully leads to lots of friendships and voluntary mixed origin marriages and produces mixed identity children who can appreciate their diverse parentage and culture.

And for god's sake Americans must get rid of their fcuking guns. There is no reason to have semi automatic and bigger weapons today whatsoever. Gun possession has done them no good.

JMT.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

just like so many Indian politicos

she has apparently bought a string of houses for millions of dollars.

wonder where she got the money from

BTW, facebook and some other SM have blocked out this news.

just like they blacked out the news about hunter biden and his laptop during the presenditial elections

Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Has this thread officially become the dumping yard for any and all garbage picked up from dubious Twitter handles?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Rudradev wrote:Has this thread officially become the dumping yard for any and all garbage picked up from dubious Twitter handles?
check it out.

really wondering how she got the money when most of her funding is crowd sourced.

a cursory check will confirm the properties that she has bought and the fu(k you explanation that she has given for the purchases

BLM, my foot
The New York Post reported that Khan-Cullors has purchased four properties in recent years, though two came before 2020 brought a swell of attention and donations to Black Lives Matter. Three of those properties were in the Los Angeles area, and one was in suburban Atlanta, according to the Post.

One of the Los Angeles properties cost $510,000 when Khan-Cullors purchased it in 2016. A second Los Angeles home ran her $590,000 in 2018, the Post reported. A suburban Atlanta property was purchased for $415,000 in 2020
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 241450002/
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I have followed Floyd case. As far as I can see there is no evidence of any injury caused by the police resulted in his death. Visuals are horrible, no doubt. But is there any proof beyond reasonable evidence to convict the police officer? Add that to no sequester of the jury, Political leaders making big statements. etc. Prosecutor was making allegations which is not made in a criminal trial I am not sure even the Jury was instructed properly by the Judge. Let us see what will happen in the appeal which is sure to follow.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Yagnasri wrote:I have followed Floyd case...

But is there any proof beyond reasonable evidence to convict the police officer? Add that to no sequester of the jury, ... Prosecutor was making allegations which is not made in a criminal trial... I am not sure even the Jury was instructed properly by the Judge.

Clearly you have not been following the case at all.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

BLM-- shee LM is irrelevant.

Here's something that actually matters to Understanding the US from an Indian perspective.

For some years, there has been a far-left cabal within the Democratic Party calling themselves the "Justice Democrats". They use the language of "wokeness" and "social justice" to mobilize primary challengers against sitting Democratic legislators in heavily Democrat-leaning districts.

It's very interesting to look at who has been attacked/replaced and who the chosen replacements have been.

Joseph Crowley was a dedicated, 10-term representative from NY's 14th District (Queens and Bronx) who through had risen to become the #3 Democrat in the House of Representatives. Because he represented the Woodside-Jackson Heights-Whitestone area, which used to have a heavily Indian population, he was very pro-India and a longstanding member of the India Caucus.

In 2018, the Justice Democrats primaried Crowley and replaced him with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Eliot Engel, a 15-term representative from NY's 16th District, was even more pro-India than Crowley; he was actually the Democratic Co-Chair of the Congressional India Caucus (along with Republican Ed Royce) for many years.

In 2020, the Justice Democrats primaried Crowley and replaced him with Jamaal Bowman.

Bowman is another new face of the "Squad" in Congress. During his campaign, he not only tweeted support for Kashmiri separatism multiple times... but he was so shameless (or clueless) as to tag Paki-American lobbying groups on his tweets, apparently to show them that he had been a worthwhile investment. Indeed, his chief campaign spokesperson (and most rabid attack-dog) is a Paki-American named Waleed Shahid.

Now the Justice Democrats are going after a third sitting representative with longstanding credentials as a moderate Democrat: Carolyn Maloney of NY's 12th district.

You will never guess what they are trying to replace her with. Of course, Waleed Shahid is at the forefront of this campaign as well.

Add to this the fact that the "Justice Democrats" already include some familiar names in their ranks: Pramila Jayapal, Ro Khanna, Rashida Tlaib, and Ilhan Omar (all of whose views on India, Hindus, Kashmir, etc. are very well known).

And the fact that CAIR, ICNA, and other overtly Islamist bodies have been very much involved in promoting Justice Democrat candidates via both fundraising and political activism.

A picture begins to emerge of what's going on.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

^^^^^^^

@Rudradev ji

Your ground knowledge is far better than mine by many factors of 10. It's a no contest

I don't like the BLM guys and nor do I like what they stand for.

so when I see a crook heading the BLM getting all preachy and pontificating, it reminds me of one of our own slimy crooks luloo prasad yadav, whom many considered god until they discovered his dirty feet of clay.

the very same genes, same ideology, the very same black heart, and the only difference is geography
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

RD,

That is the trend in both parties where extremists primary out moderates within the party. However, the Democratic Party leftists have shown extreme malice towards Hindus, Indians and Indian Americans. This is reflected their manifestos. The RW nuts in the Republican Party have been mostly EJs, who are threat, but many of them don’t want internationalism and US involvement or aid.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Rudradev, thanks for the background on how an appallingly shallow and callow personality like AOC rose to the top. I was following Ro Khanna and Pramila Jaypal till now. But wow.... that was a lot of success by both SJW Dems and Teaparty Reps.

Regarding BLM, I take two stances
- That Indian grandpa who got body slammed by a cop and got paralysed had zero support from the angry mobs we see for BLM, when the cop was left off. Charity should start at home for a PIO and that is not very visible
- The police process of slamming people face-first to ground during an arrest by any american PD is very demeaning, despite all claims of "basic self defense protocols" due to gun prevalence. That need to change as do the usage of guns when someone is not complying has to stop ASAP. Poverty levels and project-life has got nothing to do with that american PD behavior

Some thoughts on BLM:
- Thanks to BLM, everything that was done to other people of color has become irrelevent and to use an Social media term, got cancelled. It is like social media frenzy has erased memories of terrible stuff like islamic genocides and even the Indian colonial era is a distant memory. Infact I feel Indian colonial oppressions has vanished from general consciousness even in India, thanks to this reset! So now India has been reset to a white-country level oppressor, from being a still struggling post-colonial civilization who has been. Heck, I wager even the Holocaust would have been reset to a "some people did some thing" (Copyright Ilhan Omar) narrative, if not for laws in the west against it. But even that is on razor's edge because a lot of "enlightened yahoodis" have a lot of public expressions of shame in social media about isreali issues

- The reset and cancellation of other stories of oppression is manifest in the way african origin actors are put in forefront of movies/costly series or in advertisements. I can understand american entertainment industry doing it as they have a market in monetary terms for such gestures and is ground zero of BLM in real world terms. But as an Indian, I was oddly disturbed to see a black King Arthur in a british series available in Netflix. I realized then that a PIO is never getting roles like the ones that british actors like Idris Alba, Cheitwe-whatever etc gets as part of restitution stemming from BLM, when the original british douches have done dreadful genocide in India at epic levels. It is as if the african origin folks and their travails matter now, because a violent white cop in distant Minneapolis went on an ego trip with a black gent having a history and ultimately murdered him. So basically a police murder has erased ** my people's ** travails completely and no restitution is forthcoming. That was a troubling thought

- I think a sense of smugness has come over Indian diaspora that was not there even 10 years earlier. PIOs in US are no longer bothered to scream at top of their lungs about such stuff, because in my circle, a lot of them made a terrific amount of money, got multiple homes and has sent kids to prestigious places for studies. PIOs seem to consider themselves now as "enlightened white-adjacent race" and is ok with the self-flagellation of the likes of Padma Lakshmi, when she calls Indians as most racist etc. It makes them live out the feeling of being "nearly white", while forgetting that India is facing a form of neo-colonization via social media toolkits

- added later: the schism created by khalistani elements (under goading by ISI's unregistered agent types) is going to cost all PIOs dear in the next few years
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Chetak-ji,

It is important to understand that BLM (the "Black Lives Matter" movement) is one thing. Black Lives Matter Global Network (yes, it is an incorporated private company and supposed non-profit) is another.

The BLM movement began many years ago; indeed, it had nothing to do with Donald Trump and was initiated during the Obama Presidency. It was an organic response to the killing of Trayvon Martin (2012), Michael Brown (2014), Philando Castile (2016) and many other black men-- all slain by law-enforcement personnel as well as vigilantes under what seemed to be completely unjustifiable circumstances.

I do not think there is anything unreasonable about that; if we are going to deny that black Americans regularly get killed in questionable circumstances by supposed authority figures in the US, we may as well argue that there is no systematic killing of Hindus by jihadis in Kashmir.

The Black Lives Matter Global Network (BLMGN) is a different kettle of fish. It is an organization that was incorporated in Delaware (a state famous for having very low or zero corporate taxes) in November 2016... the very month that Donald Trump won the Presidency.

The Mohtarma with the mansions is Patrisse Khan-Cullors, the founder of this second group-- BLMGN, Inc. This is very much a centrally organized non-profit corporation that avails of the 501(c)(3) taxation structure in the USA. It is, in other words, the classic Andolanjeevi NGO: set up to pursue specific political goals while raising funds on a virtue-signaling platform.

The BLMGN leaders describe themselves as "Marxists". Their mission statement extends FAR beyond addressing cases where black people are killed under questionable circumstances in the USA... it makes sweeping claims about "delivering justice" for "the oppressed/marginalized/excluded etc." everywhere in the world. An exemplary member of the George Soros network, in other words. In fact, I am not sure why BLMGN didn't contribute their two cents about the Farmer Protests in India when so many of their sister organizations and activists (Extinction Rebellion, Greta Thunberg, Rihanna etc) felt compelled to do so.

But it gets even more sinister. Patrisse Khan-Cullors' spouse is one Janaya Khan. This worthy individual is the leader of "BLM Canada", an affiliate of BLMGN. Here it starts to get very strange.

For one thing, Canada has a black population of only 3.5%. For another, there is no substantial history of racist persecution (let alone police shootings) of Canadian black people. Indeed, many black Civil Rights activists of the 1960s and 70s emigrated to Canada from the US because they felt it offered them better opportunity and less discrimination. So what is the use of a "BLM Canada"?

For another, Janaya Khan is not a descendant of slaves, not by a long shot. She has no transgenerational claim on the suffering of American blacks who were subject to slavery and later Jim Crow discrimination. She is-- like Ilhan Omar-- a descendant of East African (Sudanese in this case) refugees.

You can guess what else Janaya Khan has in common with Ilhan Omar.

Here we see yet another case of Islamists infiltrating and taking over legitimate reform movements in North America. These movements may have begun as genuine expressions of protest against real, systemic failings in the USA-- both economic and social. But two things happened to them during the Trump Presidency.

One: they became co-opted by very far-left organizations themselves beholden to international networks such as those of George Soros and Pierre Omidyar. It is very easy for organizations with deep pockets to quietly take over unorganized movements like the original Black Lives Matter, most of which survive only through volunteer efforts and small contributions from ordinary people.

Two: in tandem with this kind of incorporation and takeover by organized far-leftists, they become infiltrated by Islamists. Islamism thus automatically co-opts the language of the far-left (oppression, victimhood, "phobia", blah blah blah) and Woke society unquestioningly accepts the exalted victim-status of Islam as a given. Islamism thus gains the upper hand over at least 50% of the American discourse-- any attempt to question its versions of "history" or "current events" gets immediately condemned as White Supremacism, Fascism, Nazism, and what not. Effectively, the Thought Police of American Cancel Culture are recruited to stand guard for the interests of global jihad.

Now, as we can see with the "Justice Democrats", the influence of Islamists (using the far left as a vehicle) is expanding into actual politics as well.

You have to hand it to these people. They have nothing-- absolutely nothing in common with Marxism, or even with the legitimate suffering of Black and Native Americans. They consider all these groups as kaffirs and worse. Yet they have got these very groups working as foot soldiers for their agenda and feeling virtuously gratified about it.

Meanwhile Hindus, with our "RW-RW Bhai Bhai", are literally nowhere in the game.
Rishi_Tri
BRFite

Post by Rishi_Tri »

Rudradev wrote:On that note I encourage everybody here to sign up for this online program on Friday, April 23rd.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/understand ... 9644973143

Please share the link as widely as possible and encourage others to sign up/sign on as well.
Registered. Circulated in my groups.