Understanding the US - Again

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Post by ramana »

UlanBatori wrote:UBCN sticks to prediction!!! "Blue Wave" more like ripple. Elephants seem to be INCREASING senate majority. UBCN uber CNN!!!
Let me be first to congratulate you on the Senate prediction. CLAP
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

more interestingly, even some of the winning republicans are calling for increased civility from both sides going forward
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

How Dems winning house will affect Trump presidency in the next 2 years ? What will change ?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

As Elvis would have said: ThankyeThankyeThankye. Now for UBCN Analysis: How V Did It! E-Z: In Mongolia v have the high-altitude perspective to Feel The Pulse Of The People. More to the point, smell the hot air from the Populi. 8)

1. The House "win" seems far too narrow to be sustainable. Certainly not enough for their plans to a) Impeach Trump b) Impeach Kavanaugh c) (sorry what else had they planned?)
2. And not enough to sustain filibusters, Budget-Delay, repeal the Tax Law, repeal the ban on ******* entering, tear down the Wall, etc.
The Kavanaugh thing resulted in a huge Wave all right: It swept away Democrat hopes.

3. Democrats have 2 years to build some credibility before 2020: otherwise they risk becoming completely irrelevant. For this, yes, "civility" is a good idea.

4. Democrats have NO CREDIBLE LEADERS.

5. In this election, MODERATE Dems lost big (so did moderate republicans..) So the net effect was greater, not less, polarization.

6. For Trump, this a big victory. Traditionally, the POTUS' party gets whipped at the midterm. Here nothing of the sort has happened. Senate majority has increased! Even the Republican National whatzit's best assessment to Trump, called Optimistic by the press yesterday, predicted a loss of the House by some 4 to 8 seats. The result seems more "optimistic" than the Republicans' own Most Optimistic projection.

7. Here's why the polarization is greater:
- the Moderate Republicans had long-since become ineffective, at least since the days of Bill Clinton. The neocon equivalent of the *itler Jugend such as Melissa Bachmann and the Cruz twerp and Mitch McConnell came to be the loudest netas. The only Moderate Republicans were (some of) the old ones and things are so bad that McConnell is probably criticized as being too Liberal. ppl may not remember that he led the obstructionism and hate under the Obama POTUSy. It got so bad that the Speaker of the House, a borderline wacko but a Catholic, got his donkey whipped (and hu know what else) by the Pope when he visited. Reduced the Speaker to a bawling lump of jelly and he just melted down and quit.

8. So the present Republican cohort has 2 types: Wackos too wacko for even Trump to stomach. And Trump ass-kissers. win-win for Trump. He doesn't have to waste time and effort calling up stubborn and obnoxious Moderate Republicans. He has the Party by the *****, IOW, their Hearts and Minds. Remember that he is *****NOT***** a Republican politician at all: he is a wacko bijnejman who happened to stumble into the WHOTUS on a platform of
Politicians are stupid.
9. Second point why this is a Trump win: Those borderline Republicans who won (Indiana for instance, Floridq IF they win) did so BECAUSE OF TRUMP. No two ways about it: Trump campaigned like it was HIS election (which it was in a way) and brought out all the heavy artillery incl. Pence. And that won. The Indiana guy looked like someone hiding from the Injuns until the Trump Cavalry showed up.

10. Those Moderate Republicans who told Trump not to show up because of Log Kya Kahenge etc, for defeated by extreme Democrats.

11. So did the Moderate Democrats. Note that the dems had got to the point where the MSM were literally sneering and snickering at some place in Florida where "It was Hillary Clinton's favorite district and one of the few where she was ALLOWED in this time"

So this Midterm is a resounding endorsement of Trumpistan. Better believe it. Is it all because
No one ever went broke because of underestimating the intelligence of the American public
???

Or it is because ppl need to wake up and realize that their own prejudices are not what is in the minds of The American Voter?

And (gloat time): note that the CNN/MSM Projections turned out to be stupid propaganda. AGAIN.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Austin wrote:How Dems winning house will affect Trump presidency in the next 2 years ? What will change ?
They have a very small number of seat majority. Expect investigations and indictments of govt. officials to be challenged in supreme court. Trump will love this as it will ensure his re-election in 2020. He will be there until Jan. 2025. I say good, as US will not have time to pay attention to India. The only lesson for India is that the supreme court must not be interventionalist. Unfortunately we’ve seen them get involved in Sabrimala temple case.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

What investigations? With a 4-vote "majority"? Like Zell Miller of Jawjuh some years back (he's now shaheed, pbuh) several Moderate Democrats who have survived will see that their only hope is to switch sides. One dem Governor who supported Trump in the Kavanaugh thing, has survived in a largely "red" state. Personal buddy of Trump, apparently. So unless the remaining seats all go donkey, I think the demmajority in the House is short-lived and sure to be ineffective at best. If they start Budget Delay, filibuster etc they may feel the anger from their constituents blowing through their offices.

We will see shortly, what Trump makes of this result. I think he is going to claim that it is a ringing endorsement (he would claim that even if the Dems got both House and Senate). But the test is what he does with it: my guess is a Saturday Night Massacre where Rosenstein and Muller are shown the door. May come this Saturday.

Update: Surprising result in Jawjuh: AA Bibi who ran a hate campaign using words like He** on large message boards :eek: looks set to win Governorship, after trailing, like 67-33 in early returns! Also, House lead is projected to be a 23-seat difference between elephants and donkeys, which does look significant. Maybe a slight risk in firing Muller and Rosenstein. Not that it will deter Trump: it may be a lot safer to fire now than wait until indictments are formally filed.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

UB,

Having even 1 seat majority allows the party to control committees. They will be up to usual dirty tricks and play into Turmp’s hands.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

They have the potential to give the elephants both House and Senate with Gingrich-era majorities in the House, come 2020. With most of the elephants being rogue. THAT is when the I-95 winnebago caravans will be heading north. Also, that makes it all the more important for DT to fire Rosenstein and Muller now.
I guess Ione should scratch plans to start buying on Wall Street. Basically heading for constipated congress again.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

UlanBatori, can you elaborate on what you mean by Stacey Abrams running a "hate" campaign? I followed the Georgia gubernatorial contest and didn't come across any such allegations, even from Brian Kemp's side.

Do you really mean that Brian Kemp is the good guy and Stacey Abrams is the villain in this contest? And you being local, are all of the rest of us fooled by "enemy of the people" media and the entire internet?

I did see some objections to the Abrams campaign from civil society groups with a strong presence in Georgia, such as Stormfront and 3% (who stand ready to take up arms to save the non-hateful segment of Georgia's citizenry from the hater Abrams), so perhaps this is what you are referring to?

Just spell it out for those of us not blessed with the superior intellect that springs from the blood and soil of Mongolia.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Perhaps my assessment comes from looking in the eyes of people, and seeing the reality vs. the hype? The ad showing"
EIGHT YEARS OF INCOMPETENCE. WHY THE HELL GIVE KEMP A PROMOTION?
emblazoned over a color picture of the flickering flames of hell on a huge electronic sign over the highway did not come across as a sign of a Campaigner for Love and Respect. Or even basic level of judgement.

There are many things that the kind Gawd-Fiyaring folks in that district will tolerate, (such as AR-15s and AK-47s) but the word HE** is not one of them. Not from a potential Guvnor.

Kemp has survived 6? years as Secretary of State, and I am unaware of any serious allegations of malfeasance. Surviving as GA SoS is probably not a valid sign of incompetence, when one has to get info from the general level of competence in the government offices of the state.

So that ad was pure hate. And I think that single decision to post that is probably going to cost Abrams the governorship. Just experience of knowing the ppl of Mongolia: I cannot compete with the superior knowledge that made CNN & Co come up with a 38-seat gain for Dems in the House and a sweep of the Senate. For that I can always depend on you, of course. :mrgreen:
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

If the present voting for Congress is converted into Presidential electorol votes, how would have trump fared?
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

UlanBatori wrote:Perhaps my assessment comes from looking in the eyes of people, and seeing the reality vs. the hype? The ad showing"
EIGHT YEARS OF INCOMPETENCE. WHY THE HELL GIVE KEMP A PROMOTION?
emblazoned over a color picture of the flickering flames of hell on a huge electronic sign over the highway did not come across as a sign of a Campaigner for Love and Respect. Or even basic level of judgement.

There are many things that the kind Gawd-Fiyaring folks in that district will tolerate, (such as AR-15s and AK-47s) but the word HE** is not one of them. Not from a potential Guvnor.

Kemp has survived 6? years as Secretary of State, and I am unaware of any serious allegations of malfeasance. Surviving as GA SoS is probably not a valid sign of incompetence, when one has to get info from the general level of competence in the government offices of the state.

So that ad was pure hate. And I think that single decision to post that is probably going to cost Abrams the governorship. Just experience of knowing the ppl of Mongolia: I cannot compete with the superior knowledge that made CNN & Co come up with a 38-seat gain for Dems in the House and a sweep of the Senate. For that I can always depend on you, of course. :mrgreen:
Thanks for taking the time.

I never watch CNN or any kind of TV news for that matter, and I neither know nor care what they predicted, so I'm afraid I can't be depended on, and your rage against the CNN machine must remain a private matter between you and them.

So, your judgment (and you did post it as your own judgment that Abrams ran a hateful campaign, not just reported on how it was perceived) is based on looking into the eyes of people--that would be the right kind of people of course, of a loving and non-hating hue I'm sure.

And a certain billboard which insultingly calls Kemp "incompetent" when of course he has been highly competent and effective in coming up with ways of throwing out the voting rights (which have been and remained fake since the time Sherman burned Atlanta, as all loving people would know) of all the "hating" people of Georgia.

And using the word "hell" and its imagery on a billboard in a hard-fought election campaign in 2018 America, whatever next? What nerve! What happened to these people knowing their place? Such times we live in. Pass me my mint juleps, boy! I need to cool down.

Yeah I totally get it now. Thanks for clearing it up. Maybe I should move back to Tara. Sounds like utopia. Except for the haters of course.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

KLMji: Sorry, but you asked, enjoy the answer. :mrgreen: If you think the "dems" like Abrams winning in places like JawJah is a good thing for ppl like us Mongolians, you are very seriously wrong. Maybe in 40 yrs u will learn too.

gyanji:

The question is not well-posed, sorry. The prediction has to be with a 2-year look-ahead. The midterm phenomenon is as regular as the Kerala elections. 5 years after a KL election, it is a near-certainty that the other side is favored to win, regardless of how many seats the present guvrmand holds. Same way in the US, it appears that the midterm, 2 years after even a HUGE POTUS win (example Slick Willies 1992) will swing the balance of power a lot. The tradition of a vicious House (In the limited experience of UBCN's Yoo Ess Erection Manipurashun Division) started with Gingrich-led House that was elected in a huge sweep in 1994, promising a single-point agenda: get Clinton Impeached. At the time it was the endless WhiteWater investigation where Special Prosecutor Starr wasted money like it was going out of style and managed only a couple of weak indictments, later pardoned. Then of course Slick Willie's office "pizza delivery" and flute concerts came to the elephants' rescue. (digresion: Only one person actually went to jail for that, if u recall: the woman who first blew the whistle on Monica L's own "whistle-blowing". That woman (Tripp?) was utterly destroyed.)

So this pattern gets repeated: House is captured by the Opposition to the POTUS, then they do nothing, economy goes down, deficit builds up, unemployment rises, new Messiah starts campaign to CLEAN UP WASHINGTON, and voters say, anyone, anything, however vile, as long as it is not the present bunch!

So the next election elects a POTUS of the opposite party to the House Majority.

So... House loss right now is sweet news for Trump. He will hang the blame for all failures on the Liberals Who Run Cawngress. The Senate is always above criticism, because Senators are the most powerful people in America: Unlike the POTUS who gets max 4 years, twice in their life, Senators get 6 years at a time, and essentially no responsibility, as many times as they can still get it up and reach DC for a few days a year. The House weanies have to stand for elections EVERY 2 YEARS. Good thing too.

IOW, worst thing to happen to Trump right now would have been a strong House and Senate, both elephant. They would have got their elephantine egos boosted, think they rule the Dunia, and made life difficult for Trump BECAUSE.. otherwise THEY lose the next election (to their little minds).

Now the odds are in Trump's favor. He will harass the House endlessly, and the House can pose no more than an itch to him: the Senate will still run over the House, aided by the WHOTUS. The Electorate will see A Patriotic, Nationlist POTUS, obstructed by an Anti-American, Libtard Congress. The Senators who MUST stand election in 2020, will campaign as hard as possible on the same negative platform, but appear to be totally 4 Da People.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

UlanBatori wrote:KLMji: Sorry, but you asked, enjoy the answer. :mrgreen: If you think the "dems" like Abrams winning in places like JawJah is a good thing for ppl like us Mongolians, you are very seriously wrong. Maybe in 40 yrs u will learn too.
I hope you won't take it amiss if I don't follow your injunction to enjoy your answer.

But I think you may possibly be having a slight short-term memory lapse about our present conversation, so let me be so bold as to correct you...

The question on which I asked for your elaboration was not whether Stacey Abrams winning would be good for Mongolians (that's still your subtle term of art for Indians, right?), but on what basis you asserted that she ran a campaign of hate. And that you cleared up, in admirably revealing fashion. And I echoed back what I heard from you, which you neither disclaimed nor contradicted. So, all good on that front. I have my answer now. But I can't take any joy in it.

But since you chose to raise the question, I'll say that as an Indian I''d rather take my chances with a Stacey Abrams than with a Brian Kemp. And sadly I won't be able to wait 40 years to see you vindicated.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

i read that stacyji received a lot of robocalls from the love_people concerning her genetic desire to engage in the production of cotton
and her fellow hater in florida received many similar calls from love_people echoing the delightful sounds of the African jungle and certain primate varieties, so it is a little confusing sometimes trying to differentiate between love and hate
bharotshontan
BRFite

Post by bharotshontan »

One thing I can breathe sigh of relief is that with donkeys taking the house, I think the Affordable Care Act/Obamacare is going to remain... Important for those of us that have moved aging parents from India to US to be able to cover the pre existing conditions. Was getting worried over last two years that Obamacare was going out the door. First time voted in a midterm for this very specific reason
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

UB, Trump in his news conference made many of your points : A small elephant majority in house would have divided the legislative process as he has to manage huge egos in Senate. Now that he has a comfortable majority in senate he can stave off pork barrel demands from elephants. He also welcomed Pelosi's bipartisan stance and is willing to work on infrastructure and joint projects as the Senate Democrats would support a Democratic house bill or plan.
Then the news conference went down hill with CNN asking questions.

I am going to ask a few questions in the other thread.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

The thing is that the tax cut was a Trump-Pelosi deal. In that, he specifically went around the elephant herd. Amazing: he is able to work with both Thin Young One and Pelosi. Something about walruses of a feather understanding one another.
On the robocall thing (always glad to see the perspective from our experts across the oceans: in fact today to see what had happened, I first logged into BBC.co.uk as an "unbiased" source - then I remembered that I wasn't really awake: they were anything but..):
The dems must have spent themselves broke in JawJuh with calls both robo and otherwise, so I am glad someone was nice enough to call them back. A stunning development was in the 6th District: Newt Gingich's long-time home Dt when he was in the House (he's actually from the coast, IIRC). Includes parts of Atlanta's huge peanut-shaped (north-south) Fulton Country where North Fulton borders on the real realm of the Kay Kay Kay. After Gingrich retired, retired medical doctor Tom Price took over, and it was hardly worth opposing him, he used to win by huge margins. Price was so successful and so anti-Obamacare etc (no point opposing him) that Orangutan made him HHS secretary. Got kicked out in a couple of months on allegations (OK proof) that he was misusing govt airplanes in his jaunts between DC and Atlanta (probably to land at an airport near his home rather than the long trip from the south-located ATL and FCB airports). Shocking fall. Not heard from since.

The seat was taken over by Karen Handel, who occupied the SoS position in GA for a full 8 years b4 Kemp. Won a tough battle first time, against John Ossoff (I think) who had MASSIVE donkey out-of-towner funding. First time donkeys came anywhere close.
Opioids:
Karen understands the threat to our families that opioids have added to the addiction crisis, and that the Sixth District is the epicenter of the problem in Georgia. Karen promised to act. She did. The results?
This time Handel hardly campaigned at all, leading to the belief that she was leading hugely. Wrong. Last I saw she was trailing 50.5% to 49.5% to unknown Lucy MacBath (Lady MacBeth?). Claims that some North Fulton results are still to come, which I doubt will change anything.
So Dems have really gained back in Jawjuh, best rise since Andy Young dins.
But I maintain that this is not a good development for u-no-hu. The difference is this: The hate in the KKK's eyes is like
V r superior, Khans of the South. U unwashed savages have no bijnej and no rights here.
That gets countered by merit and performance. We understand how to get along with TFTA Pakis. The gora establishment has an interest in maintaining Rule of Law etc.
The hate by the blue is
Y r v not rich like u? U r favored by the goras, whereas v r the Oppressed Classes.
That is like being Jewish in Munich post ww-1. Sorry. Ppl need to understand this. Both Ossoff and Handel were interviewed in-depth by u-no-hu. There was no doubt that Handel was the lesser evil. Instead desis are going around with heads in the CO2 clouds with notions of Saving The World and Think Globally (without acting locally). Trouble eej, no one cares about U.
Shameek
BRFite

Post by Shameek »

Jeff Sessions has turned in his resignation on 'request' from DT.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Wow. Thx Shameek. He is the boss at Just Iss. On cue. Rosenstein and Muller sure to follow. Muller is too straight-backed to say "No indictments" and surrender peacefully. Realistically it is a race now between DT firing him and him filing indictments, hence the hurry for the "request".
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

RM will file tax case on Orange family.
Typical eff bee eye technik since Cap one
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

UlanBatori wrote:Wow. Thx Shameek. He is the boss at Just Iss. On cue. Rosenstein and Muller sure to follow. Muller is too straight-backed to say "No indictments" and surrender peacefully. Realistically it is a race now between DT firing him and him filing indictments, hence the hurry for the "request".
Whitaker: Yo' Mule'r got anything on Russia?
Muller: Nope I got Man(forte) for tax evasions.
Whitaker: Sessions is waiting for you with Kentucky Bourbon.

Pelosi: We're forming 6 house committee on investigations and 2 committees on impeachment.

Fox in Nov 2020: (Trump'et) Hannity resigns to become Whitehouse spokesperson.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Shameek wrote:Jeff Sessions has turned in his resignation on 'request' from DT.
Due to arcane US laws this aspect is crucial.

Meanwhile, Trump-McConnell strategy to win the Senate

Trump-Mc-Connell Strategy to win the Senate

Basically concentrate on the seats the opponents are weak rather than everything.
Even when your own are cursing you.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

UlanBatori wrote:Wow. Thx Shameek. He is the boss at Just Iss. On cue. Rosenstein and Muller sure to follow. Muller is too straight-backed to say "No indictments" and surrender peacefully. Realistically it is a race now between DT firing him and him filing indictments, hence the hurry for the "request".
I dont think there is any "race" that Trump is running. It is just his showmanship - firing on election eve - for theatrics and entertainment. If he really care about who is on his team and who isnt would there be this much resignation and rotation ? And lucky for him that a section of his base love such theatrics .
ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: Understanding the US- Again

Post by ramana »

ramana wrote:Paradox of US economy.

The Trump Administration want a lower dollar to curb imports and help exports as a jobs measure.

At same time the tax cuts, the tax reforms and rising interest rates to curb inflation all create a flood of foreign money.

So its like a using stirrer from Trump Administration when a hose pipe is flooding the US economy.

Right now the $1T deficit is about 5% of the GDP. i.e. $20T GDP.

Very chaotic.

Add political risk now.
The US congress might not look the same by November 2018
and who knows about the administration before 2020 or after!

So best option for India is to hunker down and resist any calls to do this or that.

Yashca Mounk says illiberal democracy is the threat.

I think democracy is itself under threat from both extremes in US.

8) 8)
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

kiranA wrote:
UlanBatori wrote:If he really care about who is on his team and who isnt would there be this much resignation and rotation ? And lucky for him that a section of his base love such theatrics .
There is history here: Ronald Reagan, now considered the greatest thing since sliced bread, famously declared that he did not want anyone in the senior administration that "needed the job". "Open (revolving) door policy". The turnover there was much more than the DT admin. We may be used to seeing BO WHOTUS for 8 years, where there was hardly any "circulation". But this "circulation" is the norm for Republican WHOTUS. A parade of rich ppl visiting for a few months.

I think Sessions on-again off-again is pure theatrics: there is no disagreement between Sessions and DT. Aim is to get out from under the investigations.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I can no longer make sense of the manthan in this thread

US politics was simple binary workflow like napalm

Now its more complex than Kerala politics
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Sessions was a deep state plant, now finally gotten rid off, after tremendous success.

Next up, corrupt Rosenstein. And then sex-offender Mueller.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Mort Walker wrote:UB,

Having even 1 seat majority allows the party to control committees. They will be up to usual dirty tricks and play into Turmp’s hands.
Yes. No filibuster in Congress (it is only in Senate), only a simple majority is needed for imeachment which is done by the congress. But the removal from office is done by Senate and it would need SUPER (2/3rds) majority. Congress can subpoena the tax returns (may be the emperor has not clothes?)
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Sessions was bigger (or atleast as big as) ahole than T.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Singha wrote:I can no longer make sense of the manthan in this thread

US politics was simple binary workflow like napalm

Now its more complex than Kerala politics
Think about us non-Unkil 'commoners' browsing this and the Indo-US threads saar, reads like a Greek language edition of the divangat GDF.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

the best way to think of this thread is as alternative comedy for when you are having a dull day
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

I think the important issue in next 2 months would be whether Trump actually imposes tariffs on remaining Chinese imports and auto imports from Germany and Japan or just keeps desperately looking for a trade deal?
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

if the recent 'deals' are anything to go by - the style is about being seen to be making a deal rather than the substance of the deal itself. in the end relatively little is changed, except for the optics of being a 'good deal maker'. there is some good analysis out there on the recent NAFTA and SOKO deal reworkings. however there are significant concerns about the impact of a trade war with China, the issues are complex and not easily boiled down into simple answers, atleast by someone as intellectually challenged as myself
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

It's possible that trump entered into quick deals with Canada and Mexico in order to prevent opening up too many fronts

Future actions in relation to China and auto imports will indicate whether he means business or he is just making noise

Incidentally republicans have lost popular vote in three states which were won by Donald Trump in Presidential elections, which means that if present elections are translated into electoral votes then Donald Trump would have lost. off course it goes without saying that Presidential elections are extremely different from local politics and he still may succeed in 2020.

his base is standing by him but if he tries to make a quick deals then he will fall between two goats. It may be better for him to act against China and Auto Exports even at the expense of some pain if he wants to keep his support base intact
Last edited by Gyan on 08 Nov 2018 15:35, edited 1 time in total.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

some underlying factors that were highlighted by some commentators

1. 12%+ swing to democrats on the popular vote nationally
2. stark divide between suburban (democrat) and rural (republican) support
3. big increase in women in elected positions and an expected shift in the political agenda in the months to come
4. even in some very strong republican seats, democratic challengers came very close
5. markets did not react adversely to democratic gains (as was predicted by the trump camp)
6. a number of anti-gerrymandering moves have been started - expect these to bear fruit (against the republicans) in medium term

meanwhile, lets see what happens with sessions --> whittaker swap, expect that funding of Mueller probe will be choked off. to pre-empt that, very likely some more indictments will come this week/next
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

(CNN Business)In a stunning break with protocol, the White House said Wednesday night that it's suspending the press pass of CNN's Jim Acosta "until further notice."

The move came just hours after Acosta, CNN's chief White House correspondent, drew the ire of President Donald Trump and his allies by asking multiple questions at a post-midterms news conference. Trump insulted Acosta and called him a "terrible" person.
White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders announced in a statement that Acosta would be stripped of what's known as a "hard pass," which gives him access to the White House grounds.

someone should make a painting of it, and replace the suits with roman robes - Emperor Julius Maximus Trump scolds a patrician senator who called his Gaulish campaigns merit into question...

isnt he the hispanic guy who clashed in the past with DT on the illegal migrant/dreamers/wall issue? i remember once DT shouting at him to sit down and give other reporters a chance ? that guy if he is the same guy's aim has always been to provoke a response and then play victim.

as bannon said - dick cheney, darth vader, satan - thats power....darkness is good :D :twisted:
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

its also a good news cycle distraction from whittaker's appointment and one that will get the support of the base who like to see a strongman presidente for life
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Singha wrote:(CNN Business)In a stunning break with protocol, the White House said Wednesday night that it's suspending the press pass of CNN's Jim Acosta "until further notice."

The move came just hours after Acosta, CNN's chief White House correspondent, drew the ire of President Donald Trump and his allies by asking multiple questions i remember once DT shouting at him to sit down and give other reporters a chance ? that guy if he is the same guy's aim has always been to provoke a response and then play victim.
Exactly. No one has (yet) elected Acosta and the other see enn enn wunderkinden POTUS. Or PLO (Permanent Latrine Orderly) per the movie "No Time For Sergeants".

This guy used obscene language on the CNN website (one of his "OpEds") relating to the President of the United States. And nothing was done then. Now he is going to find out what happens when one is a shark whose fins have been clipped and teeth punched out, in the CNN sharkpond. Let's see: Will they appoint someone else to take his place, or boycott the WHOTUS in Solidarity?

There was a song titled: "I AM THE ENTERTAINER". which concludes:

"put in the back of the rack like yesterday's magazines".
I am holding my breath to see CNN's loyalty to its Brave Martyrs to Journalism.
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

Deep State always stands by its Guys