Understanding the US - Again

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Kaivalya
BRFite

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Post by Kaivalya »

Rudradev wrote:This is a Christo-fascist Jihad.

Not only was Roe v Wade overturned today, but another SC ruling required states to make school vouchers (i.e, taxpayer funded aid) available to Christian 'educational' institutions.

So much for 'states rights' which are so often cited when convenient.

And welcome to the world of paying mandatory Jaziya to American Churches... so that their tentacles are better funded to harvest souls around the world.

People can do what they like. I will not accept Christo-fascist rule any more than I would accept Dhimmi status under Islam.

I will be voting 100% Democrat up and down the ticket in November. Supporting with my $ and efforts as well. Just sent a donation to Raja Krishnamoorthi that I was planning to give my Republican Congressman in PA 1st.

I hate the Democrats and recognize every single aspect in which they are harmful. But for people living in the US, they are the only alternative to the Christo-fascist Ummah that Republicans have set out to project on the world.
RDji - we have to fight a jihad either way. Elephant sponsored Christo-fascist-jihad or donkey sponsored islamo-fascist-jihad. Why isn't anyone getting worked up with NOTA options?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... cas-hindus

https://www.indiaabroad.com/us_affairs/ ... 87548.html
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Kaivalya wrote:
Rudradev wrote:This is a Christo-fascist Jihad.

Not only was Roe v Wade overturned today, but another SC ruling required states to make school vouchers (i.e, taxpayer funded aid) available to Christian 'educational' institutions.

So much for 'states rights' which are so often cited when convenient.

And welcome to the world of paying mandatory Jaziya to American Churches... so that their tentacles are better funded to harvest souls around the world.

People can do what they like. I will not accept Christo-fascist rule any more than I would accept Dhimmi status under Islam.

I will be voting 100% Democrat up and down the ticket in November. Supporting with my $ and efforts as well. Just sent a donation to Raja Krishnamoorthi that I was planning to give my Republican Congressman in PA 1st.

I hate the Democrats and recognize every single aspect in which they are harmful. But for people living in the US, they are the only alternative to the Christo-fascist Ummah that Republicans have set out to project on the world.
RDji - we have to fight a jihad either way. Elephant sponsored Christo-fascist-jihad or donkey sponsored islamo-fascist-jihad. Why isn't anyone getting worked up with NOTA options?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... cas-hindus

https://www.indiaabroad.com/us_affairs/ ... 87548.html
I supported Raja Krishnamoorthi until he voted for Ilhan Omar's Islamophobia bill (all of these 'Indian' American Democrats did, BTW). He called me to ask for donations, I refused point blank saying why. Now I hear he has joined the Pakistan Caucus. I never thought I would see the day when Islamists are running the roost in the US on the one side while the Bible-thumpers cause mayhem on the other (I guess the latter was always happening anyway).

Tough times for Hindus in America. Only hope is a stronger India which can then balance the equation in our favor, much as China does for its diaspora worldwide. Nobody dares take on the Chinese anywhere.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Looks it's an article of faith for Democrat Indian Americans to join Pakistan Caucus.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Anyway in few years there won't be a Pakistan to Caucus about.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Don’t get caught up with political parties. They’re different sides of the same coin.

Dems and Reps have colluded on the abortion thing because the number of abortions in the US are on the decline due to an aging population. It gives the Reps a big thing in exchange for the presidency. This diverts attention from the coming economic disaster, theft of middle class assets, foreign countries regime change and endless wars. The polarization of politics is entirely deliberate. Biden will win again getting 2-3% more women votes. It keeps Trump and his supporters out of office. This is fine with many Reps as the status quo of the deep state is ensured with business as usual. As Ramanaji posted earlier, the reset to prior to 2016 is in full swing. SCOTUS are almost all Ivy leaguers and part of the deep state and they’ve calculated this move deliberately.

The US is in decline, but think of it as a large sinking ship with a massive whirlpool that will pull down many other countries with it.
Avtar Singh
BRFite

Post by Avtar Singh »

I had dinner with my neighbour last night.. She can trace her family tree back to the Mayflower!!
The barrel maker onboard I cannot remember what the female did. Also Davy Crocket is part of her family tree.

She is what I would call a "fake liberal", I am not being derogatory..

But I happen to think liberalism is more western nonsense which quickly spirals into even worse western nonsense such as communism.

Like some on here she is also quite distressed with this latest judgement.

She was a catholic and renounced it all due to the nature of its history and actions.
She laments the language used by some of her family when talking about certain types of "americans".

How this thread has changed over the decades.

She also believes usa is finished and is probably better as 4 different countries. How would it get there?
Quite naturally, she is very worried about her family... children and very young grand children.
She is quite old, in her mid 70s.

=======================

Going back to the decision which like her has got some here upset, there is a lot more going on then meets the eye..
There are many political forces fighting for the destruction of american society, western society in general..
with the aim of destroying all societies and nations.

There are many ordinary americans and westerners that want to preserve their country/countries.
It is not just rabid religious people...
Although they are there in many colours, some to preserve some to destroy. Red flag/black flag/green flag.

In 1990/91 my friend told me that western feminism/womens rights was not about uplifting women but about destroying men...
Very interesting I said, I will bear it in mind.. here we are 30 years on.

Not have they (feminist ideology/womens rights) destroyed their own men.
But they have also destroyed women themselves = ***** and prostitution for some of the most prettiest and eligible western girls.
Even those that have supposedly been educated.

and NOW THEY COME FOR THE CHILDREN. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Ultimate goal being to destroy the family unit...

They have successfully managed to destroy the white working class family over the many decades I have been watching it,
single motherhood etc.. Black family unit was decimated long ago.

Proof of their men being destroyed...
how can certain types get away with the mass gangraping of white teenage girls with not a pip squeak from their men;
fathers, uncles, brothers.
Done on an industrial scale, hundreds of thousands over decades.

What can start of as a perfectly noble idea = uplifting women can quickly get hijacked by subversive elements.

This chap here illustrates perfectly how leftist ideology has been used against women,
first 12 minutes.

https://yewtu.be/watch?v=8EIC6QTzol0

I avoid giving clicks to p##htube, if possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EIC6QTzol0

"procreation had been turned into a lifestyle choice" "families are breaking apart because we have the lost the sense
of obligation to others we did not choose"

======================================

Indians, by which I mean Hindus, I am afraid will have to continue to fight on many fronts. The world is up for grabs.

I have a feeling the AIT maybe coming back!!!

There are now alot of western young completely dissatisfied with their religions and society.
They are now looking to Indo-European traditions!!! who would have thought it.

I watch/listen to youtubers that some on here may say are wacist.

I was watching a youtuber (probably all white audience) and in the chat panel someone would just repeatedly type 3 words;
vishnu vishnu vishnu, over and over again.

I am just wondering if they can take this on without trying to take the origins away from India?

Another asked who may come to save america/a caesar! and another remarked that many say it will be a
"insert letter for derogatory term/Indian person".

As I have always believed, I think Hindus will win out.
My thoughts on this occured from the fact that so much has been survived over millennia whilst all others have fallen to the wayside.

I recently learnt that the above idea of mine has been put into a formal idea...

Lindy effect, Lindy Law

"Thus, the Lindy effect proposes the longer a period something has survived to exist or be used in the present, it is also likely to have a longer remaining life expectancy."
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Avtar, If she is one of the Mayflower descent people she would know the conflict quite well.
The Mayflower generation escaped England's religious persecution and was very conservative.
And Catholics settled in Maryland. Lord Baltimore was the Governor.
To understand the cultural revolution need to read about Derrida and the fight against Phalologocentralist discourse.

Ruth Ginsburg in a speech in the 1990s at NYU was critical of the way SC came up with the Roe vs Wade judgment.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/why-ju ... roe-v-wade

"Alito's opinion effectively reverses what Ginsburg described as fashioning a new "regime" on abortion – a move that would be unnecessary had the court instead proceeded to work with state legislatures and Congress to hammer out compromises on abortion. "

My views in a WA forum:

The sentence has two parts: fashioning a new regime that expands the body of laws and abortion.
I believe the right thing is to include abortion right in the Constitution. The Court has no business hammering out a compromise. It should interpret the law.

The real issue is the first part: are Courts the proper forum to advance the body of law or is it the Legislature?
This will set the tone for the Republic.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ameri ... uxbndlbing

America Wasted Its Chance to Push the Economy Forward
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Wrong theory. America was first a religious state.
Mercantilism came to the fore after expanding to both coasts and fighting the Civil and Indian Wars.
After the collapse of FSU, the War on Terror, and the 2008 financial meltdown, it's back to religion.
We are seeing the restoring the old normal.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

ramana wrote:Wrong theory. America was first a religious state.
Mercantilism came to the fore after expanding to both coasts and fighting the Civil and Indian Wars.
After the collapse of FSU, the War on Terror, and the 2008 financial meltdown, it's back to religion.
Samuel Huntington's "Who we are?" was instructive to me to underline this deep rooted concept that governs what he terms as the "soft" constitution - ie: the culture, the idioms, the norms, language is anchored in Calvinist protestant mores. American assimilation is not a melting pot, it was a dissolution into this common framework, which worked as long as the digestion of the differences were simple based on denominations, language, ancestry but rooted in European christendom. As the differences widen the veneers of a pluralistic framework are being challenged. The framework has more work to do with race, religion and indeed entire civilizational heritages along with one important change that no one foresaw, the technological changes resulting in a connected world, physically and virtually. To what degree can the restoration to the old work, I am not sure but one can clearly see some patterns in the physical movement of peoples within the lower 48, the political divisions. There was some work done by the UK to look at US demographic composition in decades to come and its effect on US geopolitical and foreign policy to assess how should they calibrate their actions to further their interest.

What I can see is the US getting back to its "non-globalistic" foreign policy roots, if/when it is mauled by other major powers in a conflict and its dollar reserve status is challenged financially or it can be further buoyed if it manages to win against these major powers and buy time to manage and finesse its assimilative framework. I can also see an overhaul to immigration and a surfacing of the demand to "stop" immigration. I believe this issue is very important to the "elite", even if not surfaced.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

America is a mosaic not a melting pot.
Key evidence is the hyphenated identity of xxx-Americans.
Each piece retains their ethnic identity.
The hard and soft Constituion is the cement that holds the mosaic together.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

saip wrote:Is there a possibility for India like arranging 'medical tourism'?
Saipji,
First I thought of not answering. But it does deserve a reply and I will give you a practical one. Abortion was, is and will always be available in the US for the rich, and even for the middle class. The ban will be for the poor, uneducated and the teens with no resources. I am not even bringing in the victims of rape and incest in this. (Yes, I have met hundreds of such victims.) Medical tourism of any country does not want this group. The banning has only political aims of further polarization. Sad but true. As Indians, we just have to concentrate on India and what effects its development. Basta.
Gautam
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

g.sarkar wrote:Sad but true. As Indians, we just have to concentrate on India and what effects its development. Basta.
Gautam
I can see one reason for doing abortions through medical tourism. The patient has to give consent for stem cell harvesting by our research establishment - CCMB, our national labs, Indian biomedical research etc.

But a huge hue and cry will be there from the EJ lobby who are as it is part of BIF.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Mort Walker wrote: SCOTUS are almost all Ivy leaguers and part of the deep state and they’ve calculated this move deliberately.
TIL an interesting tidbit. Madame Clinton and Justice Clarence were classmates in law school. Whoopy Goldberg called him "Uncle Clarence" the view. A lot of kabuki and/or match-fixing going on. Trump has to be kept out at any cost seems to be the mantra. I don't know why but my guess is that the deep state thinks he is not as pliant as President Biden.
Last edited by Vayutuvan on 29 Jun 2022 02:32, edited 1 time in total.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Cyrano wrote:Looks like Xtian and LGBTQXYZ+- forces will get at each other's throats and tear the country apart in the process.
More than LGBTQ+, it is the strident feminists who got joined with the ... ahem ... certain political religionists. Feminists by themselves are no match for the fundu Bible thumpers of the US.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

chetak wrote:hey do it better in pukestan

the head and torso are handled separately
Please warn. I spilled my coffee on my shirt. :rotfl:
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Pratyush wrote:Second, if birth control is so important then why don't the Americans educate their people about birds and bees.

Third, why so much focus on abortion only. Why not focus on contraception methods.
They do. In 6th or 7th grade. Kids as young as 14 (8th grade) become ahem active. So safe sex and all that is taught in the classrooms. It is a requirement.

Contraception is widely available. On my university campus, people would go around distributing prophylaxis on the quad before the start of spring break. One can also get contraceptives from the university clinic. In almost all dorms, floor leaders keep a large stock of contraceptives. Kids can go and get them if they don't have one on hand. Every floor of the freshman dorms would have posters about safe sex practices, rape victim hotlines, the fact that the floor leader has a stock of contraceptives etc.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Cyrano wrote:...
If the dollar tanks then its fall will have truly started.
You forgot one more aspect. Any small infraction and the kid's life is ruined. No jobs if there is an arrest. There are so many laws that it is easy to break some law or other unknowingly. That gets into one's permanent record. Only way out is to become a congress critter.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Rony wrote:THE CIA COUP AGAINST 'THE MOST LOYAL ALLY'

http://johnpilger.com/articles/the-cia- ... ng-in-2020
thats how US treats its "allies".. this need to go to the understanding US thread as well., of course keep in mind when i say US ., its always US/UK
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

What Americans think of their govt: poll

Can someone post the images in this link? Seems an interesting study by univ of Chicago
https://t.me/loordofwar/24863
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

This 3-star General was suspended for this tweet mocking Jill Biden

FOE of USA :rotfl:

Context ... There are no women in America according woke morons ... Gender fluid/Gender nuetral/ Gender Bnder

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

chetak, I was reading about Imperial Rome on which the US claims to be based on.
Augustus Caeser put a huge plaque that basically tells what Roman Emperors need to do.
1) Please the Roman public by saying what great people they are Provide grand entertainment like circuses, cheap food etc so they get distracted

2) Build, Build, and Build : Stadiums, building, dams, highways.

3) Most important keep expanding Rome by all means like military, commerce, culture, etc.

Achievements of Augustus Caeser

If you see the US is reaching a monolith (an unresolvable enigma like in 2001 Space Odessy) wrt #3 and hence is turning inwards and devouring itself.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

these guys don't want bidenwa to stand again for presidency

mylapore maami could be an even bigger political disaster

her often uncontrolled and ill timed braying laughter could provoke severe diplomatic incidents

Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

A superb and insightful commentary on why the US is as US does these days:

SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

ramana wrote:
Achievements of Augustus Caeser

If you see the US is reaching a monolith (an unresolvable enigma like in 2001 Space Odessy) wrt #3 and hence is turning inwards and devouring itself.
Ramanaji
The US seems to have reached the later Roman Empire period of Non-Romans and Slaves being elevated to the 'Purple'(Please note Mods I am reiterating history and facts and no Racist) how will the dissolution come a la Eastern and Western Roman Empires??
Though the fault lines exists between the Woke North and the Deep South, will the civil war return then?? :roll:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/m ... p/3765929/

This helps understand why Latinos and Asians, particularly from the working class and small-business owner class, are moving towards the Republican party even in "Blue" areas.

A 61-year old immigrant from the Dominican Republic, Jose Alba, has been arrested on murder charges in New York City.

Like many Latin, East/SE Asian, and Indian immigrants, Alba owned a small Bodega (convenience store) in New York where he himself worked long hours every day.

Last week a 34-year old thug named Austin Simon jumped behind the counter of the convenience store to try and beat up Jose Alba. The reason? Because Austin Simon's girlfriend's credit card had been declined when making a purchase.

To everyone's surprise, the elderly Mr. Alba fought back and managed to get hold of a knife, with which he stabbed Simon. Simon ended up dying from the wounds. Mr. Alba was stabbed as well.

Sickeningly, the hardworking Jose Alba was arrested and charged with murder, after which he had to spend a week in jail at the notorious Rikers Island prison of New York. This is the price of defending yourself from assault, robbery, or worse in Wokeland. Austin Simon being African American, is higher up on the Oppression Olympics totem pole-- therefore anything he did cannot be criticized, and anyone who resists him is to be punished in order to fight "systemic racism".
Kedar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Kedar »

Rudradev wrote:https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/m ... p/3765929/

Sickeningly, the hardworking Jose Alba was arrested and charged with murder, after which he had to spend a week in jail at the notorious Rikers Island prison of New York. This is the price of defending yourself from assault, robbery, or worse in Wokeland. Austin Simon being African American, is higher up on the Oppression Olympics totem pole-- therefore anything he did cannot be criticized, and anyone who resists him is to be punished in order to fight "systemic racism".
New York Post has been running in detail on this issue for the past many days and I have been participating in the discussion. The way it happened is as follows:

a) Girl friend goes with kid to bodega and tries to buy a bag of chips with an EBT card. The purchase got declined. Apparently the GF was irked that Jose "snatched" the bag from the child's hand.
b) Goes home and gets Austin Simon an ex-con and the father of her 3 children. They both come to the bodega and there is some argument with Jose. He is behind the counter and it is they who go beyond the counter and assault him.
c) Jose tries his best to retreat but he has no way out. It is the gf who stabbed him first. Then he took out the knife and stabbed Simon who died.
d) Bail was set initially at $500K or $250K cash bond. Then reduced to $50K. The same DA Alvin Bragg who campaigned on zero bail and have been giving it left right center to even criminals with record. One of them is Andrew Abdullah who shot and killed a Goldman Sachs employee on a subway car.

Granted NYP is right leaning paper but there are few moderates like me and even some liberals who participate. The comments are not moderated. There is absolutely no support for Bragg on his decision and now he is considering dropping all charges. My comment was that the girl friend should be charged with felony murder of Austin Simon in addition to assault on Jose. That is finding a lot of support. She is the one who started this whole mess.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

The case is discussed here:
https://247newsaroundtheworld.com/crime ... nd-murder/
Did Austin Simon Have A Criminal Record And Murder? Bodega Owner Jose Alba Arrested For Self Defense
08 July 2022

Let’s discuss “Did Austin Simon Have A Criminal Record And Murder?” Austin Simon was murdered by a deli worker acting in self-defense. Jose Alba was accused of murdering the man.
After Austin Simon attacked him in a grocery store, a worker at a Manhattan Bodega fatally stabbed him. The footage of the occurrence has been shared widely online. It is clear that Alba killed Simon with a knife.
The alleged girlfriend of Austin Simon was the origin of the entire tale. She went to the shop and bought things but didn’t have the money to pay for them. So to defuse the situation, she chose to call Austin, who was on parole.
Did Austin Simon Have A Criminal & Murder Record?
Austin had previously served his sentence for killing a police officer and beating him. Additionally, he has been arrested eight times before, including for robbery, assault, and violence during a domestic quarrel.
The attack started when the Dominican-born shopkeeper, who had lived in the US for 30 years, got into a fight with Austin’s girlfriend over a bag of chips.
Gautam
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

In all this bodega incident, the real loser is the kid. I feel for the two kids of the slain man.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Vayutuvan wrote:In all this bodega incident, the real loser is the kid. I feel for the two kids of the slain man.
I don't feel any thing for the people of this ilk.

They are poor because of the democratic party politics. They have systematically crushed and then told to vote for democratic party to keep the big bad republicans out.

Most Black population lives in super majority democratic state's and cities. Yet they are the ones who are suffering from "institutional racism".

Keep voting blue no matter who. Will breed more such entitled brats.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

One prism to look at America for Indian POV is the role of prominent Indian-American leaders who support the US political parties. These people are immigrants from the 1960s and have a Point of View.
circa 2016 article

https://indianewengland.com/as-indian-a ... nd-future/
kancha
BRFite

Post by kancha »

Avtar Singh wrote:
But I happen to think liberalism is more western nonsense which quickly spirals into even worse western nonsense such as communism.

She also believes usa is finished and is probably better as 4 different countries. How would it get there?
Quite naturally, she is very worried about her family... children and very young grand children.
She is quite old, in her mid 70s.
A wonderful post Avtar Ji!
I'll recommend a couple of books on the two issues quoted above. These are worth a read for sure.
1. The End of History and the Last Man, by Francis Fukuyama
2. The Fourth Turning, by William Strauss and Neil Howe
ramana wrote:Wrong theory. America was first a religious state.
Once again, Fantasyland - How America Went Haywire, by Kurt Anderson chronicles the emergence and grow of near fanatical religious state in the form of America.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Thanks kancha for the book recommendations. Always need to read more.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

ramana wrote:Thanks kancha for the book recommendations. Always need to read more.
And thank you, Ramana ji, for having a dedicated books thread on the forum (with recommendations from time to time).

It has been a revelation for newbies like me and has helped me un-learn a lot of things.
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

My knowledge of the US society is based on what I glean from news reports and commentary. This ( https://nypost.com/2022/07/14/eco-warri ... ew-cities/) fascinated me. I wonder if envy of the elite is masquerading as environmental activism.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Lots of different motivations behind environmental activism ranging from genuine concern and desire to do good and taking personal responsibility by changing one's own behaviour and reducing own ecological footprint (which I support and try to do at my own level) to get some cheap feel good agitators to climate expert scamsters to anarchists like Extinction Rebellion to total loonies like above.
Lot of biodiversity right there....
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

There is definitely an envy angle to it, there has been a trend lately of people vandalizing random Teslas as well, probably unaware of the cameras that are built-in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWEXlp7cWYY

Also, a lot of the young woke folks are incredibly entitled and overly opinionated in a fanatical way when compared with other generations or non-woke folk, and thanks to BLM and Democratic politics think that being anarchist is fine (as long as it isn't Trump supporters behaving that way).
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

one wonders what the wokety wokes have to say about this "transgender" pr!ck

Transgender woman who impregnated 2 inmates removed from N.J.’s female prison

https://www.nj.com/news/2022/07/transge ... rison.html

It also cast a spotlight on New Jersey’s transgender prisoner policy established following a settlement agreement with the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of New Jersey in June 2021. The policy stipulated that the DOC house transgender prisoners according to their gender identity. The settlement agreement mandated that the policy remains in place for at least a year. The year ended last month.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://sashastone.substack.com/p/how-t ... st#details
How the Left was Lost
It all started in 2012
Biden’s America
By the Summer of 2020, I could see that there was something very wrong with the Left. Because I still wanted Biden to win, I was worried they were abandoning three basic fundamentals this country relies on:

Freedom of Speech - cancel culture was raging
Law and Order - “Defund the police” was trending
Patriotism - attacking Federal buildings, and historical statues, saying America was “systemically racist.”

Not only did no one listen to anything I had to say, but they were angry at me for saying it. Neera Tanden wrote me personally and asked me to stop criticizing the Democrats until after the election because defeating Donald Trump was the main priority. But I was beginning to worry more about this new version of the Left taking power than I was even Trump.

If the things we were seeing at newspapers and across all institutions - silencing dissent, firing people right and left and this suddenly strident doctrine that was being forced down everyone’s throat got into government? Then our country would start to look a lot more like an authoritarian utopia of the 1984 kind.