Understanding the US - Again

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Post by nachiket »

Cain Marko wrote:
Rony wrote:
bdullah Al Saleh | عبدالله الصالح
@abdullahalsaleh
My name is Dr. Abdullah al-Saleh and I was the guest of the Qatari government and Prime Minister for 6 months. I learned of their operations in the West and can testify and confirm that everything Alan Bender said in his deposition regarding Rep. Ilhan Omar and Qatar is true.
This is or should be very big. Something we always knew on BR I guess.
Imam Tawhidi has been shouting this on Twitter for a long time, going so far as to call her Ilhan Qatar :lol: every time he refers to her. She also seems to have some relations with Erdogan and Turkey looking at her recent actions regarding the Armenian Genocide and sanctions on Turkey.

Of course, she being the doyen of liberalism and multiculturalism and whatever other isms are in vogue, as appointed by the lunatic left in the US, watch how everyone in MSM dismisses these allegations summarily all the while themselves throwing their usual allegations of Islamophobia, racism yada yada at her accusers (like Dr. al-Saleh who is very clearly a white-supremacist Trump supporter I tell you).
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

^^ Check google.

Not one MSM media reports it. Unbelievabe co-ordination
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

When the Founders were writing the Constitution, an impeachment that seems to have loomed large in their minds was that of Warren Hastings, the first British Governor General of India. In a trial that ran, intermittently, from 1788 to 1795, in the British Parliament, Hastings was charged with a series of high crimes and misdemeanors that included corruption and what we would now call war crimes. Edmund Burke, a Whig member of the House of Commons—who was once a hero of the American right, though not usually because he was passionate about the well-being of colonized people against their colonizers—led the fight against him.

It was an impeachment that was, as Burke knew by the time it came before the House of Lords, doomed; in the end, just six peers found Hastings guilty, and on only some of the charges. Nonetheless, Burke pursued it, because the principle involved seemed to him so clear. Hastings took for a major aspect of his defense what, essentially, Attorney General William Barr has imagined for Trump’s defense. In Hastings’s case, this meant that, as the magistrate in power, he had a right to act without impediment. Executive power, being his, was his to use. Hastings claimed that right by appointment, although Trump does so by election. But both men claim arbitrary power to act without any system of law or procedure to constrain them.

This, for Burke, was a mortal sin in government. No one could act by “whim” or desire outside a framework of fixed and transparent law. “Law and arbitrary power are in eternal enmity,” he told the Lords. “Name me a magistrate, and I will name property; name me power, and I will name protection. It is a contradiction in terms, it is blasphemy in religion, it is wickedness in politics, to say that any man can have arbitrary power. In every patent of office, the [idea of] duty is included.” All power is bound by duty; no magistrate—or President—can act badly and then just say that they do so by right. Impeachment is not a substitute for politics; it appeals to the principles of law and duty that make politics possible.

It is the unprecedented gravity of our moment, still perhaps insufficiently felt, that makes this confrontation essential, whatever the political consequences. Pelosi, too, now acknowledges this fact. As she told The New Yorker in September, about Trump, “He has given us no choice. Politics has nothing to do with impeachment, in my view.” The political consequences of impeachment are no longer the primary or even the secondary issue at stake; more important is the survival of the principle of the rule of law against the unashamed assertion of arbitrary power. Postponing a reckoning until the next election implies that what is at issue in Trump’s attempted extorting of the Ukrainian government are a series of policy choices, which voters may or may not endorse. According to this reasoning, if Watergate had happened during Nixon’s first term, and he had been reëlected anyway, attempted political burglary and obstruction of justice would have become acceptable practice. By invoking law against arbitrary power, the Democrats may not “win,” and who knows what the political outcome will be, but, as Pelosi says, there is no longer a choice. Law and arbitrary power remain in eternal enmity. You pick your side.
https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-co ... -political
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

^^^ With the Ukrainians, the development of a separate national consciousness, no longer little Russia subordinate to the greater Russia began in the 1830s. As we have seen with Pakistan and then Bangladesh, separate national consciousness can arise very fast. Once it happens, it is hard to quell. Logic and reasoning and history can’t guarantee an outcome.

The claim is that Indic civilization has the means to dissolve any such before it develops too much. So the question arises: are we reinforcing that or vitiating it? But if the idea of India stops appealing to a people, and if they develop a new identity, then maybe you can hold on to them forever via force, e.g., like the Kurds are held in Turkey, or so on, other examples come to mind. But best if things don’t drift that way, because it is very difficult to contain. That is why Indian nationalism has to be a more appealing idea than any other out there, and always has to be so.

Part of it is perhaps you have to accommodate various ideas of nationalism just as the Indic traditions accommodate many ideas of the divine. I don’t claim to know the answer. Maybe Modi/Shah have the right formula. Or maybe the seeds of future division are being planted somewhere now.

Since this is an understand US thread, here is an uncommon way to view the history of the America Republic(s) and I offer it as an example that history is malleable too.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/cafe/civi ... nstitution
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Dear All, I believe Tulsi just needs 3000 unique donors now to make the December debate. She also needs 5000 in Illinois. I request BRFites to go to tulsi2020.com to their bit in helping a decent candidate and India friend go further.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Cain Marko wrote:Dear All, I believe Tulsi just needs 3000 unique donors now to make the December debate. She also needs 5000 in Illinois. I request BRFites to go to tulsi2020.com to their bit in helping a decent candidate and India friend go further.
yes. Please donate even if $1 (spouse, kids > 18) with same address are also counted separately
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

What will the ramifications be with Trump's Hong Kong
gambit? Will the HRD act. see a worsening of the situ on the ground with a mainland military presence further incarcerating the Hongs?
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Well, the same Florida Court deposition fingers Trump’s son-in-Law, Jared Kushner.

Perhaps that is why

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/11/27/qa ... audi-ties/
The Daily Caller, another right-wing U.S. publication, also obtained copies of the deposition and concluded it didn’t have an air of credibility.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

I should reply specifically to this:
To explain further why I am having a problem with A_Gupta's case that good Ukraine needs NATO/Khan support against bad Russia because Stalin-Lysenko-Ukraine famine.
The point of Stalin-Lysenko-Ukraine article was to point out the behavior of the NY Times specifically and much of the American press specifically in downplaying of that famine at the time (this is "Understanding US" thread after all). The center of the story was NY Times reporter Walter Duranty, but I suppose nobody actually read the article. Instead it turned into a part of the current circus.

Then we got into Ukrainian nationalism. Ukrainian nationalism is a 150-year old fact, independent of our value judgement of whether it is justified or not.

We also got into the analogy of India:Kashmir == Russia:Ukraine. This I object to, India has done no mass murder on the scale of genocide that happened in Ukraine. There is no parallel to be drawn. This I suppose is "Ukraine good, Russia bad" -- this is the one place where I made a value judgment.

Lastly the issue of NATO involvement. That the East European nations including Ukraine want NATO membership and that a majority of Americans think NATO is in their national interest are simply facts, not value judgements.

And that got turned into "good Ukraine needs NATO/Khan support against bad Russia because Stalin-Lysenko-Ukraine famine".

Oh well.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

Nato membership (and implicit Umreki cover) definitely brings in some sense of security, but Nato in modern times practically subsidizes umreki MIC, by forcing countries to spend on military toys they may never need or use. Considering Europeans are dead set on setting up their own MIC, isn't the growth of Nato membership is being pushed to get more contributing members for Umreki hardware (as EU spends to support its home grown MIC)?

EU creates defence and space branch 'to complement NATO
The European Union will create a new defence and space arm to help fund, develop and deploy armed forces, the bloc’s incoming chief executive said on Tuesday, naming an ally of French President Emmanuel Macron for the role. The creation of a defence branch in the European Commission, long resisted by Britain, is an attempt by President-elect Ursula von der Leyen to stem a decline in EU influence, as it faces heavy U.S. pressure to do more for its own security...
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

If this is Alan Bender’s deposition, it is rubbish,
https://www.docdroid.net/DtiLYBH/bender ... f#page=117
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

chanakyaa wrote:Nato membership (and implicit Umreki cover) definitely brings in some sense of security, but Nato in modern times practically subsidizes umreki MIC, by forcing countries to spend on military toys they may never need or use. Considering Europeans are dead set on setting up their own MIC, isn't the growth of Nato membership is being pushed to get more contributing members for Umreki hardware (as EU spends to support its home grown MIC)?

EU creates defence and space branch 'to complement NATO
The European Union will create a new defence and space arm to help fund, develop and deploy armed forces, the bloc’s incoming chief executive said on Tuesday, naming an ally of French President Emmanuel Macron for the role. The creation of a defence branch in the European Commission, long resisted by Britain, is an attempt by President-elect Ursula von der Leyen to stem a decline in EU influence, as it faces heavy U.S. pressure to do more for its own security...
This is a feeding trough for make-work projects. They announce a boondoggle (say Tornado -II) and make all the pigs contribute, then the work is parcelled out (apparently) in proportion to contributions. The best of all their skills. The British do the accounting and apportioning, the Germans decide what is fair, the French decide how much it costs, and the Italians decide the schedule. :mrgreen:
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Ravi Karumanchiri wrote:

Its one thing to make a set up to attract people who are committing crimes. Its completely different to recruit people convincing them that you are legitimate, convince them to commit crimes they wouldn't have otherwise, and then pretend it was all their fault. despicable :x
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

One of the lawyer representing one of the victim

https://twitter.com/heybramson/status/1 ... 76931?s=20
Fake ICE University ... a thread.

This entire scenario is a grotesque perversion of all that is right & just. I represented one of the students. They had scrupulously done everything to remain in lawful status at two prior legitimate universities. 1/
https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 277686002/

On the word of a friend, this client enrolled at Farmington U in order to continue their studies while also working legally. They were told the school offered online learning, flexible schedules, and reasonable (though hardly cheap) tuition. 2/

The bottom of every form from the University of Farmington included this language: “A nationally accredited institution authorized to enroll international students by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.”

Not especially ambiguous nor subtle. /3

My client applied, was accepted, paid tuition, and the waited for specifics about class schedules. Days became weeks. Weeks became months. /4

And then, BOOM! Early one morning, this tiny person with advanced technical degrees and no other record of misconduct was arrested. Cuffed. Jailed. Cut off from their home. Denied access to their belongings. /5

Relatives here and abroad rallied. They engaged us. We put a huge packet together in support of bond. Maybe this person’s status could be reinstated at another school. Maybe they could just get their finances in order and leave. /6

But, we drew a hyper-zealous government attorney who went after my client as if they were a mass murderer or terrorist. Even through videoconferencing, my client’s tears were visible. Even in the worst possible light under these facts, my client didn’t deserve that. /7

The immigration judge - an genial but conservative type - thanked us for a compelling presentation, then denied bond. We paused, regrouped, and eventually asked for Voluntary Departure. After a second contested hearing, the judge granted that “relief”. /8

I have practiced law for 26+ years, focusing on immigration law for the past 21+. I’ve been witness to all manner of malfeasance & injustice, but in terms of sheer vile chutzpadik entrapment, this takes the cake. /9

My client came to this country to pursue higher education and professional opportunity. Having acquired valuable skills which we desperately need to compete globally, they should have had a viable path towards an employment-based visa. /10

Instead, thanks to artificial and arbitrary visa caps (what happened to the free market?), they extended their student status, duped by an overzealous immigration enforcement machine which isn’t satisfied with apprehending clear immigration violators. /11

No, certain powers-that-be decided that setting up a FAKE UNIVERSITY to manufacture immigration violations which may otherwise never have occurred is somehow okay. Hundreds of lives have been shattered, but perhaps there’s another, more nefarious agenda: /12

By sowing doubt as to the legitimacy of seemingly reputable universities, ICE continues its shadow war on legal immigration. International student enrollment has dropped. This is one reason why. /13

This entire practice is unconscionable, which makes sense as they seem to be promoted by forces which lack any conscience.

Also, one other question: what became of the millions of illegally appropriated tuition payments. Sure would like an answer to that one. /14

Since modest interest has developed in this tale, here is a redacted version of the fake ICE university’s application form ...

South Islander
@NZSouthIslander
·
Nov 27
Replying to
@heybramson
This is entrapment.
(((RL Abramson)))
@heybramson
·
Nov 27
Which is not a defense in CIVIL proceedings . . . even civil proceedings which involve the deprivation of liberty.
atthew Kolken
@mkolken
Nov 27
Replying to
@heybramson
ICE has been employing this sting since 2013.
(((RL Abramson)))
@heybramson
·
23h
True ... but this feels next-level in terms of the insidiousness, breadth, and vitriol.
Matthew Kolken
@mkolken
·
12h
I represented two individuals caught up in the New Jersey sting. I'm professionally familiar with how it was conducted. It "feels" exactly the same to me.
(((RL Abramson)))
@heybramson
·
11h
Did your NJ clients get bond?
Celeste
@CmonMom1
·
10h
Replying to
@heybramson
Did he break the law or not? Is he here legally?
(((RL Abramson)))
@heybramson
·
10h
They were ... until the government said they weren’t. This - more than virtually any other immigration scenario - is far from black and white.
Y. Kanan
BRFite

Post by Y. Kanan »

vijayk wrote:
Cain Marko wrote:Dear All, I believe Tulsi just needs 3000 unique donors now to make the December debate. She also needs 5000 in Illinois. I request BRFites to go to tulsi2020.com to their bit in helping a decent candidate and India friend go further.
yes. Please donate even if $1 (spouse, kids > 18) with same address are also counted separately
This is a nice sentiment, but why waste money on a candidate that has 0% chance of being allowed to run for president? Tulsi defied the Jews. End. Of. Story. How many times do I have to point this out? You guys love to complicate things.

Let me spell it out again. In America, YOU DO NOT DEFY THE JEWS. They run the foreign policy of the United States. They are the most protected class in America, so protected you can't even criticize anything they do, or anything Israel does, without the dreaded "anti-semite" label. All the military contractors back the Jews (ie: Isreal) because war lines their pockets. This brings all the Congress and Senators in line also. The Jews completely control the US news media, their entertainment industry, and most of the internet. Jews are sacred to both major sides in US politics (Republicans and Democrats). You people keep making this complicated: you want to understand America? Determine what the US Jew lobby wants and there you have it. Why is this hard to grasp?

By defying the Jews on Syria, Tulsi by extension alienated EVERYONE. Being friendly with Russia only compounded her problems. Tulsi Gabbard will never attain any significant position of power in the US, and will probably be thrown out of her Congressional position as a result of the recent attention.

We say Israel is to Uncle as Pakistan is to China. This is a VAST understatement.

You can certainly throw your money away, or convince NRI's to do the same, but you may as well just put the money in a barrel and burn it.
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

[quote="Y. Kanan"]
Broadly agree with the post, though, sir, you could have mentioned that the common public is a vassal to jewish interests as well with the high percentage of zionists, widespread feeling of bestie ally in the entire world, bearing proudly the beast mark of chattel with their cut diks. But, life is short of excitements, so the navel gazing of baseless politics.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Y. Kanan wrote:
vijayk wrote:
This is a nice sentiment, but why waste money on a candidate that has 0% chance of being allowed to run for president? Tulsi defied the Jews. End. Of. Story. How many times do I have to point this out? You guys love to complicate things.

Let me spell it out again. In America, YOU DO NOT DEFY THE JEWS. They run the foreign policy of the United States. They are the most protected class in America, so protected you can't even criticize anything they do, or anything Israel does, without the dreaded "anti-semite" label. All the military contractors back the Jews (ie: Isreal) because war lines their pockets. This brings all the Congress and Senators in line also. The Jews completely control the US news media, their entertainment industry, and most of the internet. Jews are sacred to both major sides in US politics (Republicans and Democrats). You people keep making this complicated: you want to understand America? Determine what the US Jew lobby wants and there you have it. Why is this hard to grasp?

By defying the Jews on Syria, Tulsi by extension alienated EVERYONE. Being friendly with Russia only compounded her problems. Tulsi Gabbard will never attain any significant position of power in the US, and will probably be thrown out of her Congressional position as a result of the recent attention.

We say Israel is to Uncle as Pakistan is to China. This is a VAST understatement.

You can certainly throw your money away, or convince NRI's to do the same, but you may as well just put the money in a barrel and burn it.
One could say the same about the Saudis and Muslims considering their affiliation with the WH ever since the days of Nancy Reagan and Prince Bandar. Tulsi did not support BDS in Congress either. Irrespective of whether Tulsi wins or not, she deserves a voice and burning a few $s in support of a candidate who has been such a friend of India should hardly be a difficult choice for desh sympathizers.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Rony wrote: One of the lawyer representing one of the victim

This entire scenario is a grotesque perversion of all that is right & just. I represented one of the students. They had scrupulously done everything to remain in lawful status at two prior legitimate universities. 1/
I could not find any tweets from Pramila Jayapal or Ro Khanna. Elizabeth Warren and Illah Omar both tweeted in support of the students.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Y. Kanan wrote:
vijayk wrote: why waste money on a candidate that has 0% chance of being allowed to run for president? Tulsi defied the Jews. End. Of. Story. How many times do I have to point this out? You guys love to complicate things.
Spoken in the true spirit of
Whaat eej the use yaar? Bhavitavyam bhavet eva. All is Maya onlee! Let us continue scratching our (never mind).
EXACTLY the same as soooooo many ppl told Rani Laxmibai, Subash Chandra Bose, Mahatma Gandhi.. All those fools who wasted their lives fighting the British Empire, where even the Sun does not dare go to sleep lest they steal Him.
:mrgreen:
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

vimal wrote:
Rony wrote: One of the lawyer representing one of the victim

I could not find any tweets from Pramila Jayapal or Ro Khanna. Elizabeth Warren and Illah Omar both tweeted in support of the students.
Pocahontas did tweet about it:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ewarren/stat ... frame.html
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Operation Paper Chase was planned and started in 2015 by ICE in the Obama Administration. It was operationalised and expedited by the Trump administration. I wouldn’t think the dimwits in Trump administration could plan something so sophisticated.

Entrapment with Fake University

Unfortunately, the eight recruiters appear to have mostly Andhra surnames.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

UlanBatori wrote:
Y. Kanan wrote:
Whaat eej the use yaar? Bhavitavyam bhavet eva. All is Maya onlee! Let us continue scratching our (never mind).
EXACTLY the same as soooooo many ppl told Rani Laxmibai, Subash Chandra Bose, Mahatma Gandhi.. All those fools who wasted their lives fighting the British Empire, where even the Sun does not dare go to sleep lest they steal Him.
Tulsi reached 200K unique donors.

Now we need one more poll to be eligible for December debate.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

vijayk wrote:
UlanBatori wrote:

Vijay garu,

What is this unique donor thing? I donated to her lump sum couple of months before - so did in her Congress elections few years ago. Are they expecting small donations multiple times for each debate or event?
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Discussion of Hinduphobia in the Democrat Party and among politicians with Hindu names

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

ShyamSP wrote:
vijayk wrote:

Vijay garu,

What is this unique donor thing? I donated to her lump sum couple of months before - so did in her Congress elections few years ago. Are they expecting small donations multiple times for each debate or event?
Dems need 200k unique donors upto maximum allowed as one of their conditions to be eligible for debates.

I dont think multiple donations by same persons count as separate donations .
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Is that it? She's over the top in terms of unique donors? Or are there more such thresholds?

Just to convey the usual farsighted and super-accurate optimism of UBCN:
1. Kamala Harris is already 90% of the way out. She MAY win in South Carolina but that will be the end of the road.
2. Butt-e-Gig has very little staying power or substance. OK, neither has Pence, but at best B-e-G is VP material.
3. Biden is headed for the cliff as the Impeachment circus reaches the Senate and the elephants gore his butt.
4. Warren **WAS** a very strong candidate, but in the past 3 years she has steadily eroded her own credibility (the Pocahontas SNAFU showed extreme stupidity, the various extreme Manifesto items again exposed biss-boor planning). As the field narrows she will be targeted and is headed for self-destruction.
5. Yang is an excellent candidate in some ways, but he has a huge problem: he is Chinese-American. Ever heard of a truly "liberal" Chinese person in high places? He brings a tradition of hard-nosed business talent and skill. Nothing wrong wit it, but can you see the commie-paki Donkey Party endorsing such a person? Hopeless.

6. Which means, TG just has to keep being a "dark horse" and stay away from the target line long enough, and the rest of the field will trip themselves up.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

UlanBatori wrote:Yang is an excellent candidate in some ways, but he has a huge problem: he is Chinese-American.
Not that it makes any difference for average joe but Yang is Taiwanese-American
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Mort Walker wrote:Operation Paper Chase was planned and started in 2015 by ICE in the Obama Administration. It was operationalised and expedited by the Trump administration. I wouldn’t think the dimwits in Trump administration could plan something so sophisticated.

That is the usual lame excuse to cover DT's failure in handling his admin's policies. If Obama made bad policy decisions then DT can easily revoke those instead of doubling down on the mistakes. This was and is a criminal, inhuman and racist operation conducted by this admin.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

vimal wrote:
Mort Walker wrote:Operation Paper Chase was planned and started in 2015 by ICE in the Obama Administration. It was operationalised and expedited by the Trump administration. I wouldn’t think the dimwits in Trump administration could plan something so sophisticated.

That is the usual lame excuse to cover DT's failure in handling his admin's policies. If Obama made bad policy decisions then DT can easily revoke those instead of doubling down on the mistakes. This was and is a criminal, inhuman and racist operation conducted by this admin.
No it’s not an excuse. Bad policies are often implemented in a prior administration and the next one operationalizes it. Take for example all the snooping and SAR policies enacted under the Bush II admin. It was the Obama admin which operationalized it.

The federal bureaucracy is vast and moves on its own pace. More than likely some SES briefed DHS that ICE was proceeding with Operation Paper Chase and simply got a verbal order to proceed from DHS.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

UlanBatori wrote:Is that it? She's over the top in terms of unique donors? Or are there more such thresholds?

1. Kamala Harris is already 90% of the way out. She MAY win in South Carolina but that will be the end of the road.
2. Butt-e-Gig has very little staying power or substance. OK, neither has Pence, but at best B-e-G is VP material.
3. Biden is headed for the cliff as the Impeachment circus reaches the Senate and the elephants gore his butt.
4. Warren **WAS** a very strong candidate, but in the past 3 years she has steadily eroded her own credibility (the Pocahontas SNAFU showed extreme stupidity, the various extreme Manifesto items again exposed biss-boor planning). As the field narrows she will be targeted and is headed for self-destruction.
5. Yang is an excellent candidate in some ways, but he has a huge problem: he is Chinese-American. Ever heard of a truly "liberal" Chinese person in high places? He brings a tradition of hard-nosed business talent and skill. Nothing wrong wit it, but can you see the commie-paki Donkey Party endorsing such a person? Hopeless.

6. Which means, TG just has to keep being a "dark horse" and stay away from the target line long enough, and the rest of the field will trip themselves up.
From what I understand, she had the required poll numbers to meet the December debate requirements. She just needs some 2000 unique donors. I'm pushing everyone I know.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

ShyamSP wrote:
vijayk wrote:

Vijay garu,

From what I understand she will need altogether new donors. People who haven't given yet. Need them more in the heartland. Wtf are Indians doing in Illinois? Where is Nrao Saar?
BSR Murthy
BRFite

Post by BSR Murthy »

Yes, the unique donations need to be from different donors, however, small. Multiple donations can be made by a single individual up to $2800 per election, but, these will count as one per Democrat Party debate rules. Tulsi I believe still needs one poll or survey to qualify. The Dem establishment is quite anti-Tulsi as everyone knows and makes up arbitrary criteria for allowing different polls and disregarded some of the polls where she had enough qualifying numbers. Direct involvement by the #QueenOfWarmongers (Hillary) characterizing Tulsi as a Russian agent and Tulsi's strong rebuttal helped Tulsi actually gain some momentum.
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/11/ ... dates.html
Cecily Strong's portrayal of Tulsi on SNL's Dem Debate sketch was awesome and reflected the Dem's attitude towards Tulsi.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Meanwhile the Deep State hits back (or Twitter managers come to a sensible, fair decision per posted rules):

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/29/politics ... index.html

Republican challenger to the Hon. Representative Khalifa Mahdi Ilhan Omar, has Twitter account permanently suspended. {Isn't that the same as "hanged" UBCN wonders} :?:
had her Twitter account permanently suspended for repeated violations of Twitter rules, according to a Twitter spokesperson.
Danielle Stella says she was banned for a tweet in which she spread a baseless claim about Omar and said if the claim is true, Omar should be tried for treason and hanged, according to a post to her Facebook account. Two Twitter accounts of Stella's have been suspended, her campaign confirmed to CNN.
Omar has been a frequent target of smears and attacks by President Donald Trump and his supporters. In April, Omar said she experienced an increase in death threats after Trump tweeted about a speech she had given the month before.
"This just shows how far the Republican Party has fallen under Trump. Their campaign strategy is just threats, disinformation and smears against their opponents and the people will continue to reject it," Omar said in a statement.

On Friday, Omar reacted to the suspension in a post on Twitter, saying "violent rhetoric" leads to "violent threats."
"This is the natural result of a political environment where anti-Muslim dogwhistles and dehumanization are normalized by an entire political party and its media outlets," Omar said. "Violent rhetoric inevitably leads to violent threats, and ultimately, violent acts."
The Minnesota freshman was elected last year and is the first Somali-American member of Congress, and she and Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib of Michigan are the first two Muslim women ever elected to Congress. Omar has been at the center of numerous controversies since being sworn into Congress, including making comments criticizing US support for Israel that were seen as invoking anti-Semitic tropes and stereotypes.
In a statement to CNN, Stella strongly criticized Twitter for the suspension and its policies.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

UlanBatori wrote:Is that it? She's over the top in terms of unique donors? Or are there more such thresholds?

Hillary is coming to the race guys!

When she comes Tulsi will be blasting her and things will change. :rotfl:
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Dana Loesch on Tulsi-Hillary feud: Gabbard is thinking long term for after Trump wins again
Nationally syndicated radio host Dana Loesch said Wednesday that 2020 Democratic presidential hopeful Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, is smart to be playing a long game for after Democrats lose the election.

Appearing on "Fox & Friends" with hosts Steve Doocy and Emily Compagno, Loesch said that Gabbard knows she will not be the Democratic nominee in 2020, but is smart to take up the mantle against former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton as a part of a long-term strategy.
She explained that Gabbard's appearance was "really a good strategy because, for the most part, she was sidelined after the debate" until Clinton "brought her back in by saying what she said and accusing her, a veteran, of being a Russian asset."

Loesch said that while Gabbard can't take on Trump, "what she can do is try to build her base further on the left and go after who the left sees as this establishment candidate who was always, to them, Hillary Clinton."

"What we're talking about is the fight for the soul of the Democrat Party," Loesch continued.

"She's not just going for 2020. She's trying to lay the groundwork for what happens to the leadership of the party once they lose...once that happens, so what's going to happen to the leadership?" asked Loesch.

"People like Tulsi Gabbard are the ones that are going for the reins," she told the "Friends" hosts.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

And from the story of the Ten Big Donkeys above>
1. Kamala Harris campaign in free fall as aide jumps ship for Bloomberg, writes scathing letter
multiple reports documenting a continued decline in the once-formidable contender's polling numbers and fundraising — and a leaked resignation letter from a top staffer suggests the end could be near for Harris' 2020 run.
who said she has “never seen an organization treat its staff so poorly.”
“While I still believe that Senator Harris is the strongest candidate to win in the General Election in 2020, I no longer have confidence in our campaign or its leadership,” former staffer Kelly Mehlenbacher wrote in her resignation letter. “The treatment of our staff over the last two weeks was the final straw in a very difficult decision.”

However, Mehlenbacher’s letter chided the campaign for not having a plan to win the Iowa Caucuses, which will kick off primary season in early February. {Nor to win the war in Afghanistan, eliminate Global Warming, not 2 mention stop beeing in bants when facing T. Gabbard in debate}
“With less than 90 days until Iowa we still do not have a real plan to win,” Mehlenbacher wrote.

Mehlenbacher accepted a job earlier this week with former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, a late entry into the race, according to Politico. The veteran Democratic campaign staffer previously worked on Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign. (RELATED: ‘Error’ Page On Trump’s Website Shows Hillary Clinton As President :roll: )
Another Entitlement Brat jumps ship.... so much for Bloomberg's campaign.

UBCN declined to open the link saying
(RELATED: Kamala Harris Calls For Kavanaugh Impeachment, Says ‘The Fact That Something Has Not Been Proven Doesn’t Mean It Didn’t Occur’)

We just missed seeing a POTUS (Prosecutora of the United States) in action. :((
..And then there were nine.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Rony wrote:Discussion of Hinduphobia in the Democrat Party and among politicians with Hindu names

Pretty accurate analysis. Who are rhe lady & gentleman and what is the source of the video?
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Worth the watch