Understanding the US - Again

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Y. Kanan
BRFite

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Post by Y. Kanan »

UlanBatori wrote:
Who are the Deep State, you ask? I would say for America the Deep State is their own military industrial complex, the intelligence community (Cold Warriors), their own global energy companies, the Jew Lobby, and the Saudi lobby. These entities basically call all the shots, at least in terms of foreign policy. Notice I'm completely ignoring public opinion and political parties here.
I wonder this myself. Exactly how does this work? Red phone in Ovary Office (so named after POTUS Clinton I) rings 3 times in quick succession. Signal as given in the Orientation Manual For New POTUSes, for Deep State.

Shivering voice: "Hello Ddddonnaldd ttrumppp sssppppeeeeking. How may I kiss your ass Sssir?"
Deep Voice. "Attention! This is on Need2Know Basis. In 30 seconds, a Marine is going to walk in carrying a form to sign, authorizing air strikes on Syria. Sign it."

DT does as ordered. I mean how does Deep State convey its orders so they are unmistakeable? Surely not by sending an email asking:
"Free?" Followed by:
"Go to the nearest WalMart and buy cash cards worth $5B. When I call in 2 hours, better read the numbers out to me. You have 119 minutes."
Sorry that would be our friend the Retired Nigerian Emperor whose brother the Field Marshal left him $50B in a bank account, to be transferred to me.
Maybe as part of the Inauguration they get hypnotized.
If it were all that overt, a shadow govt probably couldn't form in the first place. I doubt the ISI calls Imran Khan and gives him a script every week (actually I don't doubt that). Ok, bad example.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

UlanBatori wrote:My question is how one gets paid for being a Deep State Operative (DSO).
MIC contracts, Construction contracts, inside information about interest rate changes, advance information about policy changes, access to their friends in foreign govt. bureaucracy/deep state, board memberships and retainers (as in Hunter Biden and Kerry's son), ... In other words, information which gives one an unfair competitive advantage.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Rony wrote:Some Trumpians say they no longer are watching Fox because "its further sliding to the left". The new Trumpian channel is One America News network (OANN).
What most people can't digest is Trump inserting Rudy Guiliani into the process. I think that alone can make Trump look bad, very bad. It is much worse than what Bidens have done or even Ms. Clinton and company. IMHO, Obama had done something as bad, if not worse, when he gave truckloads of cash in small bills to Iran. It was worse because he screwed not only the US but our European allies (I mean aam, not the Bruxxells khaas) as well.
hgupta
BRFite

Post by hgupta »

Vayutuvan wrote:
Rony wrote:Some Trumpians say they no longer are watching Fox because "its further sliding to the left". The new Trumpian channel is One America News network (OANN).
What most people can't digest is Trump inserting Rudy Guiliani into the process. I think that alone can make Trump look bad, very bad. It is much worse than what Bidens have done or even Ms. Clinton and company. IMHO, Obama had done something as bad, if not worse, when he gave truckloads of cash in small bills to Iran. It was worse because he screwed not only the US but our European allies (I mean aam, not the Bruxxells khaas) as well.
How did Obama do something worse when he released the monies that actually belonged to Iran? It was not the US’s money. It belonged to Iran.

Pls stop parroting Netanyahu’s version of events.

You may not believe it but Iran is actually a better country than Saudi Arabia. Iran doesn’t actually send money to a country or bunch of groups that want to kill Indians like the Saudis have done. Iran can serve as an useful counterweight to Pakistan by keeping the issue of Balochistan alive and kicking and keep Pakistan in a state of internal strife as Pakistan sought to do so in Kashmir and other parts of India.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Somewhere in there, blunt threats are part of every criminal organization's modus operandi. I can't see a guy like Trump giving in to anything, and BTW, those "airstrikes" against Syria were totally bogus. Orchestrated with Putin, with advance warning, the sites struck were unoccupied, 80% of the missiles were unaccounted for (maybe sent to covert wars like Iran-Contra). So that doesn't mean anything. This is the thing with DT: its 95% nautanki/bark, very little bite. He did, though, take the economic war to the cheen and seems to be succeeding beyond what any predecessor has done.

The oil thing now: my take is that there is 99% probability that the strikes on KSA were false-flag. Oil prices were at their lowest in years, the week b4 that (I know...) So a nice bump was needed, with the right ppl knowing to expect it. Amazingly little reaction, note, considering the significance of 50% of KSA oil supply being stopped for months. How is this very different from closing the Strait of Hormuz? Yet practically nothing happened, gas prices went through a nice blip enough for many $$$B of insider-trading profit, now sliding back again. No concern. No Doomsday Clock at 5 Seconds To Midnight. The hurricane(s) had more effect.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

^^^ hguptaji: +400
IMO the narrative that "Iran foments terrorism" is 100% BS. Point to a single terror attack - outside Israel - that was ever traced to Iran, pls. No, accusations by American and Israeli entities, and their panthankarayas do not count as anything but fabrications.

Now look at the number of terror attacks on Iranians, and inside Iran.
The Iranians are mostly quiet and decent ppl ruled by a fundoo bunch that is terrified to loosen their hold - pls google "Mossadegh" to understand why. Despite their loud rhetoric, as a nation they have been behaving very decently. I saw some posts mention of nasty experiences in trade deals with Iran, but I have not seen anything in the press on that: I think they have a reputation of honoring deals with say, construction/infrastructure projects with Korean companies. I don't see why they would be difficult towards India/ Indians.
Sure they will make the usual noises about Moo-Moo version of Hyooman Rites, but that's all just noise.

And... no ifs and buts... Iranian performance in the defence and re-liberation of Syria is one of the high points of history IMO. Truly heroic, and they paid the price and stayed the course.

Israel needs to rid themselves of the NutNYahoo gang.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

hgupta wrote:Iran can serve as an useful counterweight to Pakistan by keeping the issue of Balochistan alive and kicking and keep Pakistan in a state of internal strife as Pakistan sought to do so in Kashmir and other parts of India.
You do realise that Balochistan movement aims to liberate not only Baki-occupied Balochistan but also neighbouring regions of Iran (Sistan-Baluchistan province) to create an independent Balochistan. Now why would Iran serve as "an useful counterweight to Pakistan" in this situation?
hgupta
BRFite

Post by hgupta »

Kashi,

Because Iran doesn’t want a Saudi Arabia proxy on its eastern border. Frustrating Saudi’s designs on Pakistan will go well with Iran’s strategy and national security interests. Moreover Iran can step into Balochistan on the pretext of securing its eastern border and weaken Pakistan’s stance against India.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Anyone who thinks Iran is India's friend need to revisit their assumptions . Iranian mullah regime is as bad as Saudi mullah regime or Turkey's Islamist leader. The Saudis/UAE/Oman and other Arabs refused to give a statement on Kashmir keeping Indian sensitivities and their interests with India in mind while the Iranian mullah went ahead and lectured us on Kashmir so did the Islamist Turk leader. There is a clear China-Pakistan-Iran-Turkey quad emerging which India needs to watch. India has close ties with Arab Oman and UAE along with Israel all of whom along with the Saudis are as anxious about this emerging quad as India is. Anyway, all this is OT for this thread .
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

hgupta wrote: How did Obama do something worse when he released the monies that actually belonged to Iran? It was not the US’s money. It belonged to Iran.
Who it belonged to is irrelevant. What it was used for, the mountain of cash in small denominations (almost untraceable), is relevant.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

hgupta wrote:Because Iran doesn’t want a Saudi Arabia proxy on its eastern border. Frustrating Saudi’s designs on Pakistan will go well with Iran’s strategy and national security interests. Moreover Iran can step into Balochistan on the pretext of securing its eastern border and weaken Pakistan’s stance against India.
It is not out of the realm of possibility that Iran will buy a few nucs from China via Pakis. China is raring to return the favor to the US/a weakened Trump now that the impeachment circus has started.
Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

I hope you realize that Trump is not going to be impeached..but what will happen is that Biden will end up dropping from the democrat presidential candidate list due to the corruption allegations against him and his son Hunter and a more left democrat will take up the mantle (Eliz warren), this will ensure a victory for Trump.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

^^ What is sure to happen is the Great Bredator Pterosaurus Sue Raj al BeeAreffi :eek: will swoop down and ban u if u get into ******** impea********* etc. May ATM protect you.

Ppl should quit agonizing about who squawks about Cash More. The Eyeranians may squawk all they want, but even cheen-based authors are predicting that Balochistan is a goner. If u think that is happening without Indo-Iranian understanding, well... OF COURSE! :mrgreen:

As for the "Balochis want Phreedom Phrom Eyeran", think about it. If you were the Sheikh Bugsy Bugti (pbuh) reincarnated, which would you prefer?
a) Independence from Pakistan with Iranian help, for the parts of B'stan that are now Pakistan-Occupied. Reasonably friendly border with Eyeran on the condition that you quit :(( about Iranian-Occupied Balochistan.

b) Continued torture under Pakistan.

Those are the only options on the table. Option (c) (break away a part of Iran) can occur only if Iran is Saddamized by the usual quarters. I pray that that does not happen. If u start bothering Iran, you will get buggered both by the Iranians and the Pakis, and India won't help.
hgupta
BRFite

Post by hgupta »

Rony wrote:Anyone who thinks Iran is India's friend need to revisit their assumptions . Iranian mullah regime is as bad as Saudi mullah regime or Turkey's Islamist leader. The Saudis/UAE/Oman and other Arabs refused to give a statement on Kashmir keeping Indian sensitivities and their interests with India in mind while the Iranian mullah went ahead and lectured us on Kashmir so did the Islamist Turk leader. There is a clear China-Pakistan-Iran-Turkey quad emerging which India needs to watch. India has close ties with Arab Oman and UAE along with Israel all of whom along with the Saudis are as anxious about this emerging quad as India is. Anyway, all this is OT for this thread .
Sorry actions speak louder than words. Saudi sends massive doses of aid to Pakistan and its Saudi citizens donate a lot of money to many anti Indian mujahideen outfits in Pakistan including Taliban outfits. Iran? Iran killed bunch of mujahideens. To me, that is good enough to convince me that Iran will be better than Saudis. Iranian mullahs may be crazy ******** but at least they are siding against and killing those who are linked to the Paki terror groups. "The enemy of my enemy is a friend."
hgupta
BRFite

Post by hgupta »

Vayutuvan wrote:
hgupta wrote: How did Obama do something worse when he released the monies that actually belonged to Iran? It was not the US’s money. It belonged to Iran.
Who it belonged to is irrelevant. What it was used for, the mountain of cash in small denominations (almost untraceable), is relevant.
Then by implication, you are justifying the loot by western powers against those that they have colonized or traded with. Your position is the very antithesis of the basis of India's grievances against Britain.

That money wasn't US to play with. It belonged to Iran period. It had to be returned. Obama did nothing wrong with that. Only Netyanhu and his ilk and neocons would come up with BS reasons for not returning the money to Iran.
hgupta
BRFite

Post by hgupta »

Vayutuvan wrote:
hgupta wrote:Because Iran doesn’t want a Saudi Arabia proxy on its eastern border. Frustrating Saudi’s designs on Pakistan will go well with Iran’s strategy and national security interests. Moreover Iran can step into Balochistan on the pretext of securing its eastern border and weaken Pakistan’s stance against India.
It is not out of the realm of possibility that Iran will buy a few nucs from China via Pakis. China is raring to return the favor to the US/a weakened Trump now that the impeachment circus has started.
Pakistan will never sell nukes to Iran. The last thing Pakistan wants is another nuke armed neighbor to its western border. Besides they do not want to lose the goodwill of Saudis by selling nukes to Iran. Iran cannot match the buying power of Saudis.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

hgupta wrote:
Rony wrote:Anyone who thinks Iran is India's friend need to revisit their assumptions . Iranian mullah regime is as bad as Saudi mullah regime or Turkey's Islamist leader. The Saudis/UAE/Oman and other Arabs refused to give a statement on Kashmir keeping Indian sensitivities and their interests with India in mind while the Iranian mullah went ahead and lectured us on Kashmir so did the Islamist Turk leader. There is a clear China-Pakistan-Iran-Turkey quad emerging which India needs to watch. India has close ties with Arab Oman and UAE along with Israel all of whom along with the Saudis are as anxious about this emerging quad as India is. Anyway, all this is OT for this thread .
Sorry actions speak louder than words. Saudi sends massive doses of aid to Pakistan and its Saudi citizens donate a lot of money to many anti Indian mujahideen outfits in Pakistan including Taliban outfits. Iran? Iran killed bunch of mujahideens. To me, that is good enough to convince me that Iran will be better than Saudis. Iranian mullahs may be crazy ******** but at least they are siding against and killing those who are linked to the Paki terror groups. "The enemy of my enemy is a friend."
the two faced saudis also fund terror and separatists in the cashmere valley and other anti national outfits in India.

go figure.

the non Modi regimes have been accommodative of the shias in India to placate the iranian mullahs.

with Modi, that advantage of the iran based beardos has been all but neutralized.

The access to the Indian markets has defanged the sunnis in saudi as well because earlier they used to covertly orchestrate "protests" in India about some silly happenings in the ummah outside India.

the shias have been cozying up to Modi because of "The enemy of my enemy is a friend.", especially in the RJB matter.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Guddu wrote:I hope you realize that Trump is not going to be impeached..but what will happen is that Biden will end up dropping from the democrat presidential candidate list due to the corruption allegations against him and his son Hunter and a more left democrat will take up the mantle (Eliz warren), this will ensure a victory for Trump.

twitter

Trump won’t be removed from office by impeachment because impeachment has to be ratified by the Senate which — with a 53-47 Republican majority — won’t.
Democrats know this but hope the process of impeachment, even if unsuccessful, will tar Trump enough to make him lose in 2020.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Guddu wrote:I hope you realize that Trump is not going to be impeached..but what will happen is that Biden will end up dropping from the democrat presidential candidate list due to the corruption allegations against him and his son Hunter and a more left democrat will take up the mantle (Eliz warren), this will ensure a victory for Trump.
He might win but his second term will be lame duck, especially so if dems take control of house and senate.

As Chetak garu said, dems are shooting for tarring sona bandar AKA swarna kapi. there are several states he won by a thin margin. anyway it is all OT so nothing more from me here.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

hgupta ji, 'every case is different'. why do we engage in Iran:us::India:perfidious Albion, hain ji? the latest dem word is 'false equivalence'. OT so roger and out.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

IMO the long string of vote count :(( , Russia :(( , Kavanaugh :(( and now Ukraine :((, all of which came up with no substance, should convince most voters who can think, that a donkey vote is a donkey's vote. Even I find it hard to believe that grown adults rushed to "Impeachment" on something that every POTUS, Senator, Congressperson and petty politician and bureaucrat down to the Sheriff does every day a dozen times. Vinasa Kale vipareeta Buddhi etc, almost as stupid as posting about US politics on this MineField/FlyTrap Dhaga. Deathwish I guess.

So the prediction from UBCN is that on the current course, the donkeystanis are beautifully trashing their own House advantage and near-parity in the Senate, and will turn that into another landslide elephant win of WHOTUS and COTUS, with the SC nicely slanted with the elephants as well. Which of course is not a pleasant thing to contemplate: The last times the elephants swept were with the Mawral Majority, the NeoCons, etc and each managed to trash the economy, the environment, and basically all people who worked in productive jobs, got into wars that still show no sign of ending, managed to get North Korea nuke-armed, and sold the nation to the chinese and the Saudis and Europeans. Oh, not forgetting the 2007 crash.

But the way things are going, the only hope for the Demo Party is the old saying:
No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American Public
Last edited by UlanBatori on 01 Oct 2019 00:10, edited 1 time in total.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

It looks like to me the biggest blunder of trump is/was not to give a new lucrative war to the deep state since becoming POTUS. And on top of it he has made US a passive entity in ongoing wars in syria, afghanistan and now even yemen. There is still time for him. Eyeran is calling.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Folks just an unfriendly reminder as friendly reminders are being ignored.
This thread is about "Understanding US" and not about arguing for your favorite cause.

So prefer data driven posts and arguments prefaced with I think.
And folks don't jump on someone you disagree with.
Tell us why you disagree with their core point.

I know some times he core point is well hidden.

So keep posting and don't get banned.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

No one that I can see on this forum said Iran is India's bestie, so it's a straw man.

There is no question that between Saudi Arabia and Iran, the latter is the more civilized entity, easier to understand and deal with, and far less involved in break-India activities.

OTOH Iran represents (along with Turkey) a focus of Muslim Brotherhood aspirations and Saudi Arabia represents a reactionary force against those aspirations. But the decadent royals are too weak to fight and so pay off terrorists to take their terror elsewhere. This is the reason Israel is hugging Saudi Arabia and America lies about who is funding terrorism.

India has to balance the two, but cannot be under any illusions as to the nature of the two factions.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

abhijitm wrote:It looks like to me the biggest blunder of trump is/was not to give a new lucrative war to the deep state since becoming POTUS. And on top of it he has made US a passive entity in ongoing wars in syria, afghanistan and now even yemen. There is still time for him. Eyeran is calling.

Your point is wrong from Trump is a business man and knows wars cost money.
If you look at the state of US economy its quite fragile with respect to interest rates, growth, adding jobs etc.

What DT prefers is to win bloodless wars like free trade deals and trade wars with China.
He did fire a few Tomahawks to show Assad who is the boss but not much after that.
Let Putin clean up ISIS. But claimed credit.
As for him becoming lame duck in 2nd term most Presidents are lame ducks.
Obama became lame duck by Jan 2013.

DT strategy appears to be to win WH and Senate.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

ramana wrote:DT strategy appears to be to win WH and Senate.
You mean 'win the House' and 'keep Senate with GOP'? IF he is able to pull that off, he, DT, will not be a 'lame duck' at least until 2022.
Last edited by Vayutuvan on 01 Oct 2019 02:30, edited 1 time in total.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

https://worldview.stratfor.com/article/ ... trump-modi

What Happened

On Sept. 24, U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer and Indian Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal met on the sidelines of the U.N. General Assembly, raising expectations that the two sides were poised to reveal a new trade deal following months of talks. But according to information leaked from the meeting, the negotiators failed to agree on Indian concessions on information and communication technology, dairy, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, e-commerce, and data localization — in short, every bone of contention that have stymied an agreement for months. Still, U.S. President Donald Trump told visiting Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi the same day that they would be able to announce a trade deal soon.
Why It Matters

In the absence of a deal, both countries will retain high tariffs against each other. In June, Trump revoked India's tariff benefits under the Generalised System of Preferences after receiving complaints from the U.S. medical devices and dairy sectors about difficulties in accessing the Indian market. That move prompted India to institute tariffs in June against 28 U.S. goods, hurting apple exporters from Washington state and almond exporters from California, among others.

The two sides will continue to plug away on talks as Trump searches for some sort of trade victory to tout on the campaign trail ahead of next year's presidential election.

New Delhi wants to clinch a trade deal to allay its fears of fomenting a bigger trade dispute that could draw an investigation under Section 301 of the Trade Act of 1974, bring even higher tariffs on Indian products that, potentially, would involve a wider range of goods. However, India is unlikely to agree to any deal if it involves every trade issue that has split the countries for months. As a result, the two sides will continue to plug away in talks as Trump searches for some sort of trade victory to tout on the campaign trail ahead of next year's presidential election.

Background

Bilateral trade, which totaled $142.1 billion last year, remains the major friction point in the U.S.-India relationship. India exported $83.2 billion worth of goods and services to the United States and imported $58.9 billion, resulting in a $24.3 billion surplus. Trump, pointing to the imbalance, has singled Modi out in the past as the "tariff king," demanding that New Delhi reduce its trade surplus with Washington and lower tariff barriers for American commerce in India. Modi, meanwhile, wishes to prevent the dispute from escalating further, meaning he won't go much beyond implementing tit-for-tat trade retaliation. Together, it means the holding pattern in the U.S.-Indian trade dispute is set to continue.
Last edited by ramana on 02 Oct 2019 23:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added highlights ramana
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

tariffs in June against 28 U.S. goods, hurting apple exporters from Washington state and almond exporters from California, among others.
Timely relief for Kashmiris?
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

ramana wrote:
abhijitm wrote:It looks like to me the biggest blunder of trump is/was not to give a new lucrative war to the deep state since becoming POTUS. And on top of it he has made US a passive entity in ongoing wars in syria, afghanistan and now even yemen. There is still time for him. Eyeran is calling.

Your point is wrong from Trump is a business man and knows wars cost money.
If you look at the state of US economy its quite fragile with respect to interest rates, growth, adding jobs etc.

What DT prefers is to win bloodless wars like free trade deals and trade wars with China.
He did fire a few Tomahawks to show Assad who is the boss but not much after that.
Let Putin clean up ISIS. But claimed credit.
As for him becoming lame duck in 2nd term most Presidents are lame ducks.
Obama became lame duck by Jan 2013.

DT strategy appears to be to win WH and Senate.
Ramana Ji, Noob question but
Why would a President will become lame duck in 2nd stint ? I don't understand this American terminology and reason for it. What is a lame duck President anyways ? Wont any President want to go out with a bang rather than tamely especially when there are no electoral implications of his actions failing spectacularly.
Is there enough data to support this thesis.
That he will not act when needed or will not face challenges.
Anyways DT's focus is on economy and cutting china down to size. MIC will bring war but they need right candidate who can roll over quickly unlike Iran or NK.

PS: I hope Tulsi devi is a candidate in 2024 and not in 2020.
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

tandav
BRFite

Post by tandav »

In the Howdy Modi event I thought that Modi's use of the term "Abki bar Trump Sarkar" was a faux pas for reason of non interference in another nations political process. I don't agree with RG in most matters but here I agree with his opposition.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 386756.cms
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

If Rahul Gandhi says something, take the opposite position and you are more likely than not to be correct, same here.

Steny Hoyer basically chose to insult Modi by gratuitously bringing up references to Gandhi and Nehru in his remarks. Is it contingent upon Indians to always take patronizing remarks and interference without *ever* speaking up.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

anmol wrote:whistleblower
Desi?
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Let us get the US process right in "Understanding the US" thread.

Almost surely Trump is going to be impeached by the House, just as Clinton was. And just as surely, he won't be removed from office following a trial in the Senate.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

tandav wrote:In the Howdy Modi event I thought that Modi's use of the term "Abki bar Trump Sarkar" was a faux pas for reason of non interference in another nations political process. I don't agree with RG in most matters but here I agree with his opposition.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 386756.cms
Modi doesn't talk loosely. He is a peerless craftsman of political utterances. He is bleddy Tendulkar who composes and executes each stroke with precision to deadly effect. Pappus and amateurs like you and me have no aukaat to criticize his speeches.

You have to listen to every word he says in his speeches with attention, can't get triggered by random phrases in isolation. He phrased it very carefully: just quoted what Trump said in the 2016 campaign. That's it. Not endorsing. No interference in 2020.

I think he is signaling his influence over the Indian-American voter and donor.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

^^^ NaMo's words (ref to "abki bar .." were extremely well chosen and someone has to be devious to twist it/criticize it as Rahul did. For those who do not know the context, Trump made an ad campaign "Ab ki baar Trump Sarkar" in 2016. It was sort of very amusing and was material for many comedians..(They say that it took about 20 takes for trump to say the whole sentence ..and most people, even who spoke Hindi did not understand it when audio was played repeatedly so they have to use sub-titles)

Here is that ad (From 2016) :

(No American President, AFAIK, ever targeted American Hindus before before him - Modi was joking about that ad ,, which Trump used in 2016.. virtually everyone in audience understood )
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

UlanBatori wrote:
anmol wrote:whistleblower
Desi?
I don't this he is Desi.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

^^Thank ATM.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Nooj Phlash (Bredators pls hold fire): 1 down as predicted: Sanders is out. Very doubtful if he will return.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

IMPORTANT:

Can anyone find a comprehensive list of ALL the US Lawmakers (also Senators and Governors) who DID attend the Howdy Modi event in Houston?

So far I can confirm:

John Cornyn (R- Senator from TX)
Ted Cruz (R- Senator from TX)
Al Green (D-TX)
Pete Olson (R-TX)
Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX)
Sylvia Garcia (D-TX)
Greg Abbot (R- Governor of TX)
Cindy Hyde-Smith (R- Senator from MS)
Ami Bera (D-CA)
Brian Babin (R-TX)
Raja Krishnamurthy (D-IL)