Understanding the US - Again

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Post by UlanBatori »

Ghulam Fai is not likely to bankroll anyone after getting out of prison, unless the notes are first marked by Eph Bee Eye. I wouldn't accept a penny from him, considering interest of self-prejervashun.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

First it was HRC with Huma, now Sanders with Pakistani campaign advisers,
Are we seeing a definite trend or are these just coincidences ?
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

ramana wrote:If witnesses are called then Biden and son will be included.
Schiff might be also called.
That could be very damaging to the Bidens. As he has during his veep days boasted of getting the Ukrainian prosecutor fired in return for aid.

If the sitting president can be impeached by the democrats for suggesting investigation in to the Bidens and the firing of the prosecutor. Then what happens to Bidens for getting the prosecutor fired.

More importantly what is this saying about the current mindset of the democratic party
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Vikas wrote:First it was HRC with Huma, now Sanders with Pakistani campaign advisers,
Are we seeing a definite trend or are these just coincidences ?
With democratic party there are no coincidences.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Vikas you forget BO trips to Pakistan for 3 weeks as a student.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

ramana wrote:Vikas you forget BO trips to Pakistan for 3 weeks as a student.
Obama had a paki roommate at columbia.

I think Obama was under no illusions about what Pakistan is. What he did--attack libya, preside over bankrolling of ISIS, paying off Pakistan, was all part of deep state policy that spans presidencies of either party.

I think Obama is basically a guy without deep beliefs or convictions, who just enjoyed the career achievement of being president, and the reputation of being a "cool" guy. He decided early on that it is best to mostly "go with the flow."

He is not wrong, as you can see from what is happening to Tulsi Gabbard who actually wants to change the flow.

The "flow" is perfectly tuned for the Curzonista TFTA pakis to embed themselves into the system.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Obama is minting it. He and his wife making millions in Netflix and nonsense deals, buying huge properties … all set for next 10 generations
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

KLNMurthy wrote:
ramana wrote:
I think Obama was under no illusions about what Pakistan is. What he did--attack libya, preside over bankrolling of ISIS, paying off Pakistan, was all part of deep state policy that spans presidencies of either party.
It's not just deep state, but the preferred policy of the mainstream establishment. It will take a lot of energy to turn the tide.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Vips wrote:That will be good news for Bernie Sanders. Sanders would be hoping for some dirt on Biden and his son coming out in the hearings. Currently he is running second in the polls behind Biden and has no chance of becoming the Democrat Nominee to take on Trump for presidency if something does not go wrong for Biden.
Bernie Sanders is a dangerous combination - a leftist loonie with pakistani campaign advisers.If he becomes the top draw all the jihadi elements like pakistani/ISI agent Ghulam Fai would come out in the open and bankroll him (if they are not already doing it).
Sanders is surging in a number of polls, his popularity is immense. Don't go by what msm shows
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Mort Walker wrote:
Cain Marko wrote: Hainji? You wan't to just throw out all them pscyhologist types into the deep sea eh?

Be that as it may, Laagical thinking is naat wonlee mathematical. Neither inductive nor deductive reasoning is necessarily math dependent. In my personal experience I have often seen engineering types being rigid and dogmatic about issues that they might want to relegate to the "Non real", quite illogical. I think there is definitely space for the liberal arts and philosophy in a civlized world.
Gone are the days of Descartes and Poincare. Liberal arts study is now about political correctness and not about logic, the space for true philosophy has been ceded for at least a generation now. Pisskology for humans is about as accurate and relevant as animal pisskology.
Fair enough although my preference has always been Liebniz over Descartes. Laagic after all was the basis of such an education, as in the trivium..The politicization of education doesnt mean that a solid liberal arts foundation can't be valuable. 7/10, I'll take a well rounded independent thinking liberal arts type over engineering type. But yes, these are rare birds.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Tusli Voted Present for both articles of Impeachment :lol:

Dumbocrats will explode
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

vijayk wrote:Tusli Voted Present for both articles of Impeachment :lol:

Dumbocrats will explode
She said:
I could not in good conscience vote against impeachment because I believe President Trump is guilty of wrongdoing.

I also could not in good conscience vote for impeachment because removal of a sitting President must not be the culmination of a partisan process, fueled by tribal animosities that have so gravely divided our country.
The UNPA will now get their collective chaadis in a twist.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Cain Marko wrote:
Mort Walker wrote:
Gone are the days of Descartes and Poincare. Liberal arts study is now about political correctness and not about logic, the space for true philosophy has been ceded for at least a generation now. Pisskology for humans is about as accurate and relevant as animal pisskology.
Fair enough although my preference has always been Liebniz over Descartes. Laagic after all was the basis of such an education, as in the trivium..The politicization of education doesnt mean that a solid liberal arts foundation can't be valuable. 7/10, I'll take a well rounded independent thinking liberal arts type over engineering type. But yes, these are rare birds.
I've run into some of the Ivy League liberal arts graduates who have not gone into law or business and found them to be floundering.

I wonder about Leibniz.
https://www.discovermagazine.com/the-sc ... eval-india
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Now that it's done, it like {YAWN}. Another House disagreement with the WHOTUS. Plus an Official COTUS Certificate that President DT Stood Tall for MAGA and faced down the Librals, with no thought for his own future. The Donkeystanis don't see the irony of this: Isn't DT just being like those Sherrowic Portable PO Boxes who Stood Up to the Indian Polis, hain? CNN screams that that video went viral, but the same way, they just made DT a Herrow. Wrap Old Glory around ur tummy and raise the Torch of Lady Liberty, etc. I think todin's Vote in the House is worth a good 10 million votes come Nov. 2020 to the elephants.

Now it's the elephants' turn to mess up..
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Ulan Bator Party Announces Platform for 2020 US Election

1. Elect reps/Senators who wil promise to get the following **DONE**
2. ROLL BACK drug costs to 1990 level. Drugs invented after 1990 will have prices rolled back to year of mass introduction, or present, whichever is lower.
3. ROLL BACK health insurance premiums to 1990 level with 1990 level o benefits.
4. ROLL BACK auto insurance premiums to 1990 level.
5. Open up international market access to US healthcare provider market.
6. ORDER FDA to approve (after due diligence and ensuring reasonable standards) international providers.
7. Reform immigration system. Prioritize spouse & kids of citjens; also MERIT-based immigration. Crack down on "Birth Tourism". No births on tourist or other non-immgrant visas will "count" towards automatic Birth-based citjenship. Deport illegals. Seal borders.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/18/us/p ... ached.html?
Trump Impeached for Abuse of Power and Obstruction of Congress
Voting nearly along party lines, the House approved two articles of impeachment against President Trump, making him the third president in history to face removal by the Senate.
By Nicholas Fandos and Michael D. Shear
Dec. 18, 2019

WASHINGTON — The House of Representatives on Wednesday impeached President Trump for abuse of power and obstruction of Congress, making him the third president in history to be charged with committing high crimes and misdemeanors and face removal by the Senate.
On a day of constitutional consequence and raging partisan tension, the votes on the two articles of impeachment fell largely along party lines, after a bitter debate that stretched all day and into the evening, reflecting the deep polarization gripping American politics in the Trump era.
All but two Democrats supported the article on abuse of power, which accused Mr. Trump of corruptly using the levers of government to solicit election assistance from Ukraine in the form of investigations to discredit his Democratic political rivals. Republicans were united in opposition. It passed 230 to 197, with Speaker Nancy Pelosi gaveling the vote to a close from the House rostrum.
On the second charge, obstruction of Congress, a third Democrat joined Republicans in opposition. The vote was 229 to 198.
The impeachment votes set the stage for a historic trial beginning early next year in the Senate, which will have final say — 10 months before Mr. Trump faces re-election — on whether to acquit the 45th president or convict and remove him from office.Acquittal in the Republican-controlled chamber is likely, but the proceeding is certain to aggravate the political and cultural fault lines in the country that Mr. Trump’s presidency brought into dramatic relief.
On Wednesday, Democrats characterized his impeachment as an urgent action to stop a corrupt president whose misdeeds had unfolded in plain view from damaging the country any further.
“Over the course of the last three months, we have found incontrovertible evidence that President Trump abused his power by pressuring the newly elected president of Ukraine to announce an investigation into President Trump’s political rival,” said Representative Adam B. Schiff, Democrat of California and the Intelligence Committee chairman, who led the impeachment inquiry.
“The president and his men plot on,” Mr. Schiff said. “The danger persists. The risk is real. Our democracy is at peril.”
Gautam
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Just watched video of DT in Michigan.
NATO countries to pay $500B MORE. (Fake News media won't tell you that..)
"MAWA" (Make America Wealthy Again)
"MASA" (..... Safe.. )
"MASA-2" (...... Strong...)
"MAPA" (... Proud...)
"MAGA". (... Great..)
DT claims that he's not "promising" any more: has already delivered MORE than he promised.
Says Obama is more popular than he in France and Germany, and no wonder: if DT ever becomes more popular in France and Germany, then he's not doing his job in America. "No wonder! I taxed their wine and champagne and cheese because they were ripping us off on the Internet".
At the end the music group in front broke into a high-pitched something, that sounded chilling: (won't say what it reminded me of..).
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

It is hilarious to watch politicians and Media of two entities making the following statement, "Our democracy is in danger".
One is Al-Pakhistan and the other is the Al-Superpower.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I have to contrast the leadership styles of the two largest democracies as well. One keeps saying Biss and Cooperation and Development, Let's Go Hand in Hand so I can see where ur hands r.... The other says up urs. Both go merrily on their way implementing long-needed, long-obstructed things, so that the Oppn and Media are always manufacturing Shock at yesterday's actions, while netaship is implementing tomorrow's actions.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

vijayk wrote:Obama is minting it. He and his wife making millions in Netflix and nonsense deals, buying huge properties … all set for next 10 generations
Nothing wrong with that. Money is seen as God's grace on people in American society. Show me one ex-president who is poor or even middle class. When I quote Jesus Christ (Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”) to Americans they are upset/surprised and do not like it.
Gautam
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

g.sarkar wrote:
vijayk wrote:Obama is minting it. He and his wife making millions in Netflix and nonsense deals, buying huge properties … all set for next 10 generations
Nothing wrong with that. Money is seen as God's grace on people in American society. Show me one ex-president who is poor or even middle class. When I quote Jesus Christ (Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”) to Americans they are upset/surprised and do not like it.
Gautam
Did not say anything wrong. If you support military/industrial complex, go to couple of wars which establishment wants, you are treated well. If you go against the flow, you are damned. Just the way Obama's wars killed 300K to 500K civilians, it is all good because they got Libya, destabilized Syria. Blame it all on Gadafi or Assad and wash off your sins.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Mort Walker wrote:
vijayk wrote:Tusli Voted Present for both articles of Impeachment :lol:

Dumbocrats will explode
She said:
I could not in good conscience vote against impeachment because I believe President Trump is guilty of wrongdoing.

I also could not in good conscience vote for impeachment because removal of a sitting President must not be the culmination of a partisan process, fueled by tribal animosities that have so gravely divided our country.
The UNPA will now get their collective chaadis in a twist.
What is UNPA? This is a good move by Tulsi who needs to stand out - here is one good reason.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

UNPA: Urban Naxal Party of America AKA The Democratic Party
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Joy! For those who REALLY want to Stand Under America:
Millions of Americans driving Under The Influence of Marijuana According to CDC
The rest are probably drunk or texting. Or just plain stupid. According to UBCN

That wonderful thought ought to help u stay off the SmartPhone and stay awake when u drive.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Jersey City official called on to resign after post on Facebook calls Jewish people 'brutes'
https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/18/us/jerse ... index.html
Some 100 families largely from the ultra-Orthodox Satmar sect have settled in Jersey City in recent years after being priced out of housing in the Jewish enclaves of Brooklyn, Jewish leaders said. They have had a symbiotic relationship with the mostly black residents of Greenville, Jewish residents and others have said.

The displacement of black residents has brought some tension and complaints of aggressive real estate investors asking people to sell their homes, according to media reports. City residents and leaders worked with council members to develop a no-knock registry intended to keep developers at bay, CNN affiliate WCBS reported two years ago.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Mort Walker wrote:
I wonder about Leibniz.
Thanks for that article Mort, had no idea. actually thought that it was Newton who was given credit fur calculus.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Cain Marko wrote:
Mort Walker wrote:
I wonder about Leibniz.
Thanks for that article Mort, had no idea. actually thought that it was Newton who was given credit fur calculus.
I suppose that one can say that it was never spices and trade but the knowledge that Europeans were after and got worked up when that route was closed.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

(Sigh!) Now that TGji is really out of it, I think I'll have to switch my loyalty from Donkeystan to ElephantDungStan
Hu eej this "Tom Steyer"? Looks even more "out of it" than Amy Klubuchar. Of the others only Yang seems to have any clue - until Bloomberg and Clinton catch up. As a Mongolian I don't see how I could vote for any of these. Imagine!
POTUS Butt-e-gig vijits Ulan Bator with VeePOTUS Pocahontas.
:eek:
OTOH, this is the only way a wimmen Veep can be elected and travel around on AF1 without the usual cra* from chauvinists about "(not) sleeping her way to the top" etc.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

CAIR seems to be much more efficient than NAACP. By now Cair would have islamized the who nutcracker with hijab.

Black Girls With Braids Reportedly Banned From Harlem Production of Black Nutcracker
https://theglowup.theroot.com/black-gir ... 1840576757

Even in one of The Root’s Blackest Cities in America—black girls can’t wear natural hair for a black-themed musical production.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

darshan wrote:CAIR seems to be much more efficient than NAACP. By now Cair would have islamized the who nutcracker with hijab.

Black Girls With Braids Reportedly Banned From Harlem Production of Black Nutcracker

Even in one of The Root’s Blackest Cities in America—black girls can’t wear natural hair for a black-themed musical production.
Stephen (from Django) syndrome? Current many Indians and their leaders suffer from it even after white man left.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

ShyamSP wrote:
darshan wrote:CAIR seems to be much more efficient than NAACP. By now Cair would have islamized the who nutcracker with hijab.

Stephen (from Django movie) syndrome? Currently many Indians and their leaders suffer from similar effect even after white man left.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Hawaii Mafia Boss calls for TGji to resign from COTUS.

OTOH...
Cynthia Johnson, a Vermont voter, told ABC News that she supported Gabbard, and even planned on voting for her for president.
“I'm fully confident that Bernie's gonna win Vermont, in a landslide in the primary,” she said. “So my vote for Tulsi isn't going to cost his campaign anything.”
(MORE: Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard changes course on impeachment inquiry)
Johnson, who didn’t vote in the 2016 primary or general election, said she’s drawn to the congresswoman on her message of ending regime change wars and “the fact that … she'll stand up and take an unpopular opinion and stick to it, she doesn't waffle on issues. I just think that she's the candidate that stands with integrity, and I respect that.”
She said the congresswoman’s “present” vote made her like Gabbard even more.
“I loved it. I was so proud of her for doing that when it was a no win situation,” Johnson told ABC News. “I think the Democrats made a poor case on foolish charges that were inconsequential to the American people.”
She added, “I think, you know, when neither side is right. Not taking a side is the way to go.”
And Abercrombie's own record as a 1-term Governor:

He arrived in Honolulu in September 1959 to study at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, where he earned a master's degree in sociology and later a doctorate in American Studies.[3] At the university he befriended and attended classes with President Barack Obama's parents, Ann Dunham and Barack Obama Sr.[4]
On November 2, 2010, Abercrombie and running mate Brian Schatz defeated Aiona with 57% of the vote. Abercrombie was sworn into office on December 6, 2010. Issues he faced during his tenure included the aftermath of the great recession and restructuring labor union pensions. In 2014, he was defeated in the Democratic primary by state senator David Ige.
9 Reasons Neil Abercrombie Lost the Hawaii Governor’s Race
Neil Abercrombie is the first elected Democratic governor in the state of Hawaii to lose his bid for re-election.
By Loren Moreno and Robbie Dingeman
Gov. Neil Abercrombie’s re-election attempt ran into trouble well before a state senator, who was little-known outside of the state Capitol, decided to challenge him in the Hawaii Democratic Primary.
Abercrombie started to founder shortly after taking office. Within months, a swath of staff members who helped him get elected began to resign to “spend more time with family,” often interpreted to mean, “we can’t work with this guy.”
Simultaneously, the governor quickly butted heads with the labor unions, who were his core supporters. Abercrombie inherited former Gov. Linda Lingle’s budget woes. But the politician, once known as a strong progressive friend of labor {Like the Hon. "Professor" Biju Matthew of Ryder University, he too used to conduct his advertising on the sides of taxis}, became the enemy as he unilaterally imposed contracts, pushed for cuts in benefits and asked unions to accept pay cuts.
When Hawaii’s most powerful politician was dying, U.S. Sen. Daniel K. Inouye asked Abercrombie to appoint U.S. Rep. Colleen Hanabusa to serve the remainder of his term. The governor, instead, selected his own lieutenant governor, Brian Schatz, in a move that many characterized as ignoring the dying wish of a political icon.
Let’s take a look at some of the key events that made Hawaii voters turn against the governor who had once promised them “A New Day.” And see how voters instead chose state Sen. David Ige as the Democratic party candidate who will face former Lt. Gov. Duke Aiona, a Republican, and former Honolulu Mayor Mufi Hannemann, a newly declared Hawaii Independent, in the Nov. 4 general election.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

How do you guys interpret the Nancy Pelosi's strategy of holding impeachment in the House? Is this to keep the loony wing happy and now afraid what will happen in Senate trial? As much as I don't like McConnell, he made valid points against D gang and their impeachment strategy
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

From what i understand she is waiting for the Senate for finalize the rules for the trial, So my question is can't McConnell just refuse to release the rules until she submits (or whatever) the impeachment to the senate? Make it a chicken and egg problem and then pretend like the impeachment never happened if they don't submit it after all.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

^ Sounds good. Why do the Republicans have to announce Rules For a Trial, if no charges have been brought to their attention?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

vijayk wrote:How do you guys interpret the Nancy Pelosi's strategy of holding impeachment in the House? Is this to keep the loony wing happy and now afraid what will happen in Senate trial? As much as I don't like McConnell, he made valid points against D gang and their impeachment strategy

Nancy Pelosi thought its slam dunk with Schumer bringing select witlesses. McConnell says hold your horses as Congress did all the investigation and based on presented evidence go for a vote.

Now Nancy Pelosi wants to drag it till elections with impeachment Sword of Damocles on the country.
Not likely as public opinion with silent majority will react.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/04/us/p ... imani.html
As Tensions With Iran Escalated, Trump Opted for Most Extreme Measure
While senior officials argue the drone strike was warranted to prevent future attacks, some in the administration remain skeptical about the rationale for the attack.
By Helene Cooper, Eric Schmitt, Maggie Haberman and Rukmini Callimachi
Jan. 4, 2020

WASHINGTON — In the chaotic days leading to the death of Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani, Iran’s most powerful commander, top American military officials put the option of killing him — which they viewed as the most extreme response to recent Iranian-led violence in Iraq — on the menu they presented to President Trump. They didn’t think he would take it. In the wars waged since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, Pentagon officials have often offered improbable options to presidents to make other possibilities appear more palatable.
After initially rejecting the Suleimani option on Dec. 28 and authorizing airstrikes on an Iranian-backed Shia militia group instead, a few days later Mr. Trump watched, fuming, as television reports showed Iranian-backed attacks on the American Embassy in Baghdad, according to Defense Department and administration officials.
By late Thursday, the president had gone for the extreme option. Top Pentagon officials were stunned. Mr. Trump made the decision, senior officials said on Saturday, despite disputes in the administration about the significance of what some officials said was a new stream of intelligence that warned of threats to American embassies, consulates and military personnel in Syria, Iraq and Lebanon. General Suleimani had just completed a tour of his forces in Syria, Lebanon and Iraq, and was planning an “imminent” attack that could claim hundreds of lives, those officials said.
“Days, weeks,” Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said on Friday, when asked how imminent any attacks could be, without offering more detail other than to say that new information about unspecified plotting was “clear and unambiguous.”
But some officials voiced private skepticism about the rationale for a strike on General Suleimani, who was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American troops over the years. According to one United States official, the new intelligence indicated “a normal Monday in the Middle East” — Dec. 30 — and General Suleimani’s travels amounted to “business as usual.”
That official described the intelligence as thin and said that General Suleimani’s attack was not imminent because of communications the United States had between Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, and General Suleimani showing that the ayatollah had not yet approved any plans by the general for an attack. The ayatollah, according to the communications, had asked General Suleimani to come to Tehran for further discussions at least a week before his death.
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Vice President Mike Pence were two of the most hawkish voices arguing for a response to Iranian aggression, according to administration officials. Mr. Pence’s office helped run herd on meetings and conference calls held by officials in the run-up to the strike. Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper and General Milley declined to comment for this article, but General Milley’s spokeswoman, Col. DeDe Halfhill, said, without elaborating, that “some of the characterizations being asserted by other sources are false” and that she would not discuss conversations between General Milley and the president.
The fallout from Mr. Trump’s targeted killing is now underway. On Saturday in Iraq, the American military was on alert as tens of thousands of pro-Iranian fighters marched through the streets of Baghdad and calls accelerated to eject the United States from the country. United States Central Command, which oversees American military operations in the Middle East, said there were two rocket attacks near Iraqi bases that host American troops, but no one was injured. In Iran, the ayatollah vowed “forceful revenge” as the country mourned the death of General Suleimani.
In Palm Beach, Fla., Mr. Trump lashed back, promising to strike 52 sites across Iran — representing the number of American hostages taken by Iran in 1979 — if Iran attacked Americans or American interests. On Saturday night, Mr. Trump warned on Twitter that some sites were “at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD.”
The president issued those warnings after American spy agencies on Saturday detected that Iranian ballistic missile units across the country had gone to a heightened state of readiness, a United States official said on Saturday night. Other officials said it was unclear whether Iran was dispersing its ballistic missile units — the heart of the Iranian military — to avoid American attack, or was mobilizing the units for a major strike against American targets or allies in the region in retaliation for General Suleimani’s death.
Gautam
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

In Palm Beach, Fla., Mr. Trump lashed back, promising to strike 52 sites across Iran — representing the number of American hostages taken by Iran in 1979 — if Iran attacked Americans or American interests. On Saturday night, Mr. Trump warned on Twitter that some sites were “at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD.”
This will be the fastest way to lose an election yet. Trump's support will vanish overnight.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Trump's support base of white supremacists and USA nationalist right-wingers are all to last man opposed to any confrontation with Iran or Russia. So under whose pressure is he doing this