Terroristan - 4th Jan 2018

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Re: Terroristan - 4th Jan 2018

Post by anupmisra »

nam wrote:http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-in ... 574944/amp
Speaking about India's combative action against infiltration in Jammu and Kashmir, General Rawat informed that cross-bordee firing have been increased to destroy Pakistan posts that support infiltration,
This was something I used to mention in my post. We light up the Pak post everytime there is a infiltration or attack in Kashmir/India. Good to see at-least one part of my wishlist's is been applied.
I believe that the "civilian" homes that often come under fire from the IA are halfway houses and staging areas for infiltrators. Pakis cry a river about "civilian" deaths but my belief is that the ones who are killed are either terrorists in civilian clothes or those civilians who harbor these terrorists.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Good timing. Bakistan also launches its own pindigenous satellite.

Bilawal inaugurates NICVD satellite hospital in Sehwan
He said that biggest cardiac hospital of the South Asia was functioning in Karachi while after Larkana, Hyderabad and Tando Muhammad Khan, the provincial PPP government has also established cardiac hospital also in Sehwan town, the land of great Saint Hazrat Lal Shahbaz Qalandar.
So, why are those beggars going to India for rudimentary procedures? Hainji?

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/26767 ... -in-sehwan
venug
BRFite

Post by venug »

What about destroy and creep (take their posts), than repeat the iteration after vermin rebuild their posts at the same place or elsewhere? after all PoK has to be retaken no? slowly but surely CPEC roads will be within stone (grenade )throw away if we start creeping, one fine sunny day.
Last edited by venug on 13 Jan 2018 01:18, edited 1 time in total.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Bakistan "felt" betrayed! :(( Loss of HS&D. (now, that's a new tactic to garner support).

Pakistani nation felt betrayed by US statements, Pak Army chief tells US commander
General Bajwa received two telephone calls from General Joseph L. Votel and a US Senator over the weekend
The statement didn't mention name of the US Senator.
That's a new tactic, to behave like a betrayed, emotionally hurt woman. I wonder who the unnamed senator is. I will write to him.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/26766 ... -commander
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

According to this ABC news, it was a direct call between Gen Votel and Waist Bajwa. No one else. Why would TSPA make up this non-existent senator, who could potentially get in trouble, if he was not authorized to speak to the paki?

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wir ... s-52303720
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

ArjunPandit wrote:^^
..Just curious if these beggars included missed revenue/tax due to not playing cricket with India?
Don't forget -- they hoped to recover the missed revenue by Smt Chetankul Jadhav's chappals.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Will call Pakistan’s nuke bluff if tasked to cross border: Army chief

NEW DELHI: The Army on Friday said it will not allow an expansionist China to intrude into Indian territory at any cost, while roundly dismissing Pakistan's reckless threats about its tactical nuclear weapons being an effective counter to India's conventional military superiority.

"China is a powerful country but we are not a weak nation...We will not allow our territory to be invaded by anyone. We are prepared," said Army chief General Bipin Rawat, in the backdrop of the People's Liberation Army needling India with as many as 415 "border transgressions" across the Line of Actual Control (LAC) last year, which also saw the 73-day face-off at Doklam and 215 other troop confrontations.

Speaking in the run-up to the Army Day on January 15, Gen Rawat also said "Pakistan's nuclear bogey" will be thoroughly exposed if it actually comes to a war with the western neighbour, which often brandishes its short-range Nasr (Hatf-IX) nuclear missiles as a battlefield counter to India's `Cold Start' strategy of swift, high-intensity conventional attacks into enemy territory. "We will call their bluff. If given the task, we will not say we cannot cross the border because they have nuclear weapons," he said.

The Army chief was sceptical about US President Donald Trump's stern warning to Pakistan against harbouring terrorists leading to any concrete change on the ground as far as India was concerned. "We will have to do our own job," he said, adding the US had its own "compulsions" to maintain relations with Pakistan.

But even as Indian Army continues its punitive fire assaults to "inflict pain" on Pakistan Army for actively abetting cross-border terrorism and infiltration, with the latter suffering "three to four times more casualties", Gen Rawat said his force was "shifting its focus" from the western front to the "northern borders" with China.

"Yes, China has become assertive and is exerting pressure. But we are capable of (militarily) handling this assertiveness along the border...the terrain is to our advantage," he said. Though the government is dealing with China in a holistic manner, with the diplomatic engagement "going well", India should take care to ensure its neighbours like Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Myanmar, Bhutan and Afghanistan "do not drift away" from it. "We have to see we are not isolated against China in this region," he said, also referring to the emerging "quadrilateral" with the US, Australia and Japan in the Indo-Pacific maritime domain.

As for the heightened tensions along the 4,057-km LAC, which stretches from Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh, Gen Rawat said: "contacts" (troop face-offs) were on the rise because the two armies had stepped-up their patrols. "There are differing perceptions about the LAC with overlapping claims. But we have bilateral mechanisms to diffuse tensions and avoid clashes," he said, adding that the DGMO-level hotline between the two armies was also on the anvil now.

"We made all efforts to ensure Doklam (near the Sikkim-Bhutan-Tibet tri-junction) did not lead to a conflict. But if it had escalated, we were prepared for it," he said. Indian troops had blocked Chinese soldiers from constructing a road towards the Jampheri Ridge in south Doklam in mid-June, which had led to the 73-day eyeball-to-eyeball confrontation before the rival troops finally disengaged on August 28.

As earlier reported by TOI, Chinese troops have established a permanent presence in north Doklam, with the construction of two helipads, upgraded roads, scores of pre-fabricated huts, shelters and stores to withstand the chill in the high-altitude region since then.

"This is disputed territory between Bhutan and China. There has been a reduction in the strength of Chinese troops there. But there is the possibility that they could come back (in force) after the winter. We have to wait-and-watch," he said.

In Video: We will have to do our own job, says Army chief on US pressurising Pak

Cheers Image
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

Shocking. Father of murdered 7-yr-old #Zainab demands head of investigation be fired because the official is an Ahmadiya Muslim. Someone tell him please, the rapists were ‘real’ Muslims.

“JIT head is a ‘Qadiani’, won’t accept an inquiry not headed by a Muslim”: Zainab’s father rejects CM Punjab’s probe team[/quote]

Look at the state of Demography in Pakistan and the direction it is in. Father of a 7 years old girl is someone who is at least 60-65 years old.
Would be interesting to find if he has more kids who are even younger. Truly a nation of nutcases.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

shiv wrote:
arun wrote:Xinhua reports that civilian underling in chief to the Uniformed Jihadi’s of the Punjabi Military Dominated Deep State of the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan fronting fictional façade of civilian control over the Uniformed Jihadi’s , namely Defense Minister Khurram Dastgir Khan, has disclosed that the Islamic Republic has suspended defense and intelligence cooperation with the United States amid growing tensions over U.S. suspension of military aid to Pakistan:

Defense, intelligence cooperation with U.S. suspended: Pakistani defense minister

The Voice of America (VOA) on the other hand reports that the US insists its Major Non-NATO Ally has done no such thing :roll: .

:wink: Appears the US may be pretending that her Major Non-NATO Ally, the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan has not stuck a finger up the US backside and wiggled it vigorously by claiming that that no such thing happened so as to not have to act on the tough guy threats they (the US) have made to the Islamic Republic :lol: :

US Denies Pakistani Claims of Suspension of Military or Intel Cooperation
Where are all the rahrah USA smokegetsinyoureyes people who used to come on this thread to say that the US twirls Pakistan around its little finger and that India should learn from the US. Cat got their tongue? Maun vrat?

Indeed where are all the “rahrah USA smokegetsinyoureyes people who used to come on this thread to say that the US twirls Pakistan around its little finger and that India should learn from the US”.

Meanwhile the US adds more lubrication to ensure they do not have to act on the tough guy threats they (the US) have made to the Islamic Republic :lol: . This time via Steven (Steve) Goldstein, their Under Secretary for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs, who continues to insist that they, the US, have not been informed by the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan of a cessation in intelligence sharing.

Looks the US continues to lay the groundwork to roll back the scale of their military aid stoppage to the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan as even a week after a formal announcement of a supposed and highly qualified cutback in military aid ie: subject to legal obligations and critical for national security considerations (Clicky BRF). Further Steven (Steve) Goldstein could not name a figure for the actual amount of the alleged military aid cutback:
Special Briefing
I. Steven (Steve) Goldstein
Under Secretary for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs
2. Brian Hook
Director of Policy Planning
Press Briefing Room
Washington, DC
January 11, 2018 ………………………….

QUESTION: Yeah. Another question regarding Pakistan policy. What will be the next step of decision of United State toward Pakistan if Pakistan still keep its old policy toward Afghanistan and United State? Any update?

UNDER SECRETARY GOLDSTEIN: As it relates to the decision that we made?

QUESTION: Yeah.

UNDER SECRETARY GOLDSTEIN: We would hope that Pakistan would come to the table and that they would turn over those terrorists that we have asked be turned over. We’ve indicated very clearly that we are – that we believe that can happen. We’ve only suspended the aid; we have not reallocated the money. So now it is the job of Pakistan to take seriously their commitment to us, and most importantly to the people of Pakistan who would most be hurt by this, by another terrorist – any terrorist activity, and come forward. So our position hasn’t changed. They have not yet come forward, to answer your follow-up question.

QUESTION: One follow-up on this?

UNDER SECRETARY GOLDSTEIN: Yes, sir.

QUESTION: Can you tell us now precisely what is the amount of Foreign Military Financing that the U.S. State Department will suspend pursuant to the President’s decision? You had previously said, I think, or an NSC spokesman said it was about a billion dollars including --

UNDER SECRETARY GOLDSTEIN: Yes.

QUESTION: But it’s a week later, and I wonder if you now have the actual number.

UNDER SECRETARY GOLDSTEIN: I’ll get back to you with the number. You’re correct, though. That is the number that we use – something close to a billion dollars. It’s a series of dollars in different areas that would have to be put together.

QUESTION: Yeah.

UNDER SECRETARY GOLDSTEIN: But again, our hope – and we haven’t reallocated the money. Our hope is that Pakistan will do the right thing for the people of Pakistan because they should want to root out terrorists in their country as much as we want to root out terrorists in their country.

QUESTION: On Pakistan?

UNDER SECRETARY GOLDSTEIN: Yes, sir.

QUESTION: And I brought this up earlier. I don’t know if there’s an answer to it or not. But do you have anything on any kind of recent interaction with the Government of Pakistan on the situation – the case of Dr. Afridi?

UNDER SECRETARY GOLDSTEIN: I don’t, but I will check on that and I will get back to you later today.

QUESTION: Thank you.

UNDER SECRETARY GOLDSTEIN: Yes, ma’am.

QUESTION: Thanks so much. On Pakistan, we understand that officials have said they will stop sharing intelligence and already have stopped sharing intelligence from sources on the ground on the Afghan border with the U.S. What’s your reaction to that? Have they informed you of that? Are you making efforts to see if that’s correct and take action?

UNDER SECRETARY GOLDSTEIN: No, they have not informed us of that. And I checked on that at a quarter to two Eastern Time, and as of that point, that had not occurred.

QUESTION: Do you anticipate that to happen? Do you anticipate the unilaterally cut off the supply?

UNDER SECRETARY GOLDSTEIN: Because, as Matt noted, I have feeling, I am hopeful that Pakistan will do the right thing and turn over the terrorists and honor their commitment.
From the US State Department website:

On-the-Record-Briefing : January 11, 2018
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Peregrine wrote:
anupmisra wrote:Pakistan whines over ISRO's 100th satellite launch but India is already watching over it
anupmisra Ji :

VIDEO : 100th satellite launch: Watch PSLV-C40 lift off from Sriharikota - 10M 26S

Cheers Image
ISRO has openly stated that Cartosat series is a military satellite consortium. Army has a dedicated command center for recon. This sudden whining by pakis is strange. May be as SSridhar said they are building case to paint one EO for themselves.

Every now and then pakis step out of their aukaat and comment on ISRO. It makes the blood boil. bc these mc can't even build a cubesat by themselves and talk about regional balance.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Pakistan’s space programme is now ahead of India
Jan 25, 2003
Pakistan entered the space age with the formal launching of Paksat-I by President Gen Pervez Musharraf at an impressive ceremony here on Saturday.

The president emphasized that Paksat-I must serve as a link between Pakistan and the Muslim world to help the spread of knowledge.

“I am really delighted to note that Pakistan’s space programme now is a reality and our scientists must build our own indigenous satellite within three years instead of five years,” he said. The president pointed out that four educational channels will aid the government to provide free education.

The satellite hired by Pakistan was relocated at 38 degree east by the country’s own space scientists.
Inaugurating the satellite, the president described it as a truly historic achievement for Pakistan and Pakistanis. “This marks a tremendous achievement demonstrating the skill and technical excellence of the country’s manpower.”

Pakistan’s space programme is now ahead of India after the formal launching of Paksat-I and this is due to the hard work of our scientists and I am sure Indians would take another 30 months to do the job,” Gen Musharraf claimed.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

The Cartosat 2 series has been revised to an orbit of 505 KM and this is the 7th in the series with a spatial resolution of better than 1m. AFAIK, four are in orbit and each can go over an area once a day. The Pakis are nanga and just have to live with it like the cheap whore they are.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

And don't forget INSAT series in geostationary orbit.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

INSAT and GSAT are dual use, so they're specifically not meant for Pakistan chaadi utaaro purposes.
Cartosat 3 will be launched later this year with a spatial resolution of 0.25 m. It will be very exciting.
ashish raval
BRFite

Post by ashish raval »

Mort Walker wrote:INSAT and GSAT are dual use, so they're specifically not meant for Pakistan chaadi utaaro purposes.
Cartosat 3 will be launched later this year with a spatial resolution of 0.25 m. It will be very exciting.
Whoa that will be a big leap forward. Although to watch chini eyes on the ground 0.1 will be amazing..i.e 50 percent better than best Google earth resolution.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

There have been 4 EO satellites (2C thru 2F) that we have launched in the last 18 months or so.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

X Posted on the PESW Thread

World Bank puts $250m policy loan for Pakistan on hold

ISLAMABAD: Amid Pakistan’s weakening macroeconomic situation, the World Bank has put on hold a $250-million policy loan, which the lender till recently was ready to give for disaster risk management.

A review mission of the World Bank has not authorised preparations for the loan to continue, according to the Programme Information Document of the Development Policy Credit. The document underlined that Pakistan’s macroeconomic framework continues to face some risks as the overall external account position weakened, the current account deficit widened and international reserves came under pressure during fiscal year 2016-17.

“The Cat-DDO (Catastrophe Deferred Drawdown Option) requires an adequate macroeconomic framework to be approved,” according to the World Bank document. The policy loan is a contingent credit line that provides immediate liquidity in the aftermath of a natural disaster.

Pakistan has been facing serious problems on the external account. The country has been struggling in the face of challenges stemming from a growing trade deficit, which is eating up precious foreign currency reserves. Even after raising $2.5 billion bonds in the ongoing fiscal year, gross official foreign currency reserves have again fallen to below $14 billion.

Sources in the finance ministry said that the World Bank’s policy loans were now contingent upon a good health certificate from the International Monetary Fund (IMF). They said Pakistan and the IMF could not converge on a consensus for the macroeconomic framework during the post-programme monitoring talks, although Pakistan had accepted the IMF’s major demand of devaluing the rupee against the US dollar.

“The World Bank continues its engagement with the authorities on the macroeconomic framework, which is also informed by the ongoing dialogue between the government and the IMF,” said a spokesperson for the World Bank while responding to a question on Pakistan’s macroeconomic vulnerabilities.

About two months ago, the World Bank also slowed down the process of policy loans for budgetary support due to a deteriorating macroeconomic situation.

Sources in the finance ministry said that the positions of Pakistan and the IMF team would be presented to the executive board of the fund that will then approve a macroeconomic framework. Sources said that the major policy difference between the IMF and Pakistan was on the extent of the current account deficit and net international reserves.

“The project has not been dropped, it is under preparation and further steps will be informed by the macroeconomic situation,” said the World Bank spokesperson. The spokesperson said that the proposed policy loan fell under a modality called the Catastrophe Deferred Drawdown, which provides financial support to the government in case of natural disasters and health emergencies. In that sense, it differs from regular budgetary support.

But the spokesperson underlined that a recent report of the World Bank also discussed the growing current account deficit and the decline in reserves as well as the widening fiscal deficit, which has reversed a trend of fiscal tightening over the previous three years.

The report argues that policy adjustments are needed to restore and maintain macroeconomic stability, and the government is taking steps in that direction.

The $250-million loan was aimed at strengthening the regulatory and institutional framework to manage climate change and disaster risk in Pakistan and increase the country’s financial capacity to respond to the adverse natural disaster events.

The World Bank noted that after the 18th Amendment in the Constitution the transfer of responsibilities to the provinces have affected Pakistan’s disaster risk management approach. It said that the natural disaster events foster poverty and human capital losses, eventually leading to poverty traps.

Nearly three-quarters of Pakistan’s population are either poor or vulnerable in part because many households are clustered near the poverty line, according to World Bank documents.

World Bank Country Director Illango Patchamuthu met with Advisor to PM on Finance Dr Miftah Ismail and discussed with him future cooperation. The World Bank spokesperson did not directly comment whether both sides discussed the issue of restoring the budgetary support to Pakistan.

“The World Bank regularly meets with government agencies and discussion (with the advisor) is part of the deliberative process,” according to the spokesperson.

The World Bank country director apprised the adviser about the forthcoming visit of World Bank Vice President to Pakistan Annette Dixon to discuss the current state of the economy and other related matters. Snezana (Nena) Stoiljkovic, IFC Vice President for Asia, is also visiting Pakistan.

Cheers Image
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Afghanistan U-19s upset Pakistan
Darwish Rasooli struck an unbeaten 78-ball 76 to lead Afghanistan to victory in their opening match of the Under-19 World Cup, beating Pakistan by five wickets.
Pakistan gave away their last seven wickets for 42 runs
'It was like a home game in Kabul' - Afghanistan captain Naveen-ul-Haq
"Fans were screaming with joy, running onto the field like we'd won the World Cup."
a congratulatory call from the Prime Minister for the early morning gift back home in Afghanistan
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... een-ul-haq
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8368/report/1116895/
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Meanwhile, the paki-above-17 kirkit is in same dire straits

Boult takes five-for, Pakistan routed for 74 in huge loss
Pakistan have conceded the highest score in the format's history - 444 at Edgbaston. Today, in Dunedin, they came perilously close to posting the lowest ODI score
it was very much on the cards when they reeled at 32 for 8
In a batting performance so listless that even New Zealand appeared to be embarrassed by the ease with which Pakistan's innings crumbled
the lowest-ever ODI total - 35 - began to be threatened, as batsmen came - each appearing as clueless, as amateur as the last
Ouch!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1794 ... t/1115804/
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

Porkistan also lost to India in the world cup for Blind cricketers making it a 3-0 losing record in one day. How can Momeens ever lose? This is conspiracy. Jeehard towards becoming more Malsic is the only solution. AOA.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

This just in. It has been now officially admitted that...

China praised for its ‘no-strings attached’ relationship with Pakistan
Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif said that Pak-China friendship had turned into an immortal bond of affection. “We are proud of our friendship with China. Your country neither attaches strings to our friendship nor keeps asking us to do more. In fact, China is following a policy of love more.
Chinese Consul General Mr. Long Ding...
Chinese leadership appreciates you because you give practical results and your personality is filled with the passion for hard work, commitment and dedication.
As the love fest winded down, it was time for drinks. AoA!

https://dailytimes.com.pk/180044/china- ... -pakistan/
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

abhijitm wrote:Pakistan’s space programme is now ahead of India
Jan 25, 2003
Pakistan entered the space age with the formal launching of Paksat-I by President Gen Pervez Musharraf at an impressive ceremony here on Saturday.

The satellite hired by Pakistan was relocated at 38 degree east by the country’s own space scientists.

Inaugurating the satellite, the president described it as a truly historic achievement for Pakistan and Pakistanis. “This marks a tremendous achievement demonstrating the skill and technical excellence of the country’s manpower.”

Pakistan’s space programme is now ahead of India after the formal launching of Paksat-I and this is due to the hard work of our scientists and I am sure Indians would take another 30 months to do the job,” Gen Musharraf claimed.
Much progress has been made in last 15 years at that 38 degree east region .. This is Paksat-R ( advanced geosynchronous and communications satellite manufactured CGWIC (China Great Wall Industry Corporation :) - No I am not making it up ) in full use..(2017)..
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

'Test our resolve': Pakistan's challenge to India on nuclear war - ToI
Pakistan on Saturday challenged India to "test our resolve" over a nuclear war, in response to Army chief General Bipin Rawat's remarks from Friday.

"Very irresponsible statement by Indian Army Chief,not befitting his office. Amounts to invitation for nuclear encounter.If that is what they desire,they are welcome to test our resolve.The general's doubt would swiftly be removed, inshallah," tweeted Pakistan's foreign minister Khawaja Asif. {Pure bluster, braggadocio and swagger as usual. Also, twisting the statement by the Indian Army Chief. Gen. Rawat had spoken very carefully. He was not saying that India would use nuclear weapons. He simply said that the very low-level threshold of Pakistan for using nukes, was simply a bluff. The Pakistani FM makes the usual reckless and bravado-statement that they need to resort to every now and then to self-assure themselves. }

The neighbouring country's foreign office, too, was at pains to clarify that "Pakistan is fully capable of defending itself," in a series of tweets from its spokesperson.

While addressing the press in the run-up to Army Day, Gen Rawat had called out "Pakistan's nuclear bogey," saying it will be thoroughly exposed if the situation escalates to a war.

Pakistan often brandishes its short-range Nasr (Hatf-IX) nuclear missiles as a battlefield counter to India's 'Cold Start' strategy which focusses on 'limited' and 'calibrated' strikes to make swift and hard inroads into enemy territory.

"We will call their bluff. If given the task, we will not say we cannot cross the border because they have nuclear weapons," he had said.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

^Bakistanis are now doing bum paalish, no missiles left to paalish now I guess.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Meanwhile Back at the Ranch!

Without the US?

We are not beggars; After Seventy Years & Five Months of Terroristani Begging the Man has the Temerity and Gall to DENY IT! we have been conscripted into begging. We are not poor, wealth has been sucked out of us. We are a fertile nation – both land and minds. We are the sixth largest country in the world – and the youngest – with 63 percent of the total population under the age of 25. What this means is that a very large segment of our population has the potential to take Pakistan towards financial independence and prosperity.

The only missing ingredient is political intent. From political intent to an actionable plan, to an implementation team; and herein, lies financial independence and prosperity, both within our reach.

Our primary vulnerability is economic – and the two evils are budgetary deficit and trade deficit. The two evils have turned us into beggars. The two evils have sucked the wealth out of us. Red alert: Both the evils are manmade, not God-given. Budget deficit is the amount by which government’s expenditures exceed its revenue. And a budgetary deficit means conscripted begging (in order to fill the gap). Budget 2017-18 shows a man-made budgetary deficit of Rs1.5 trillion. This means Rs50,000 worth of begging for and on behalf of each and every Pakistani family for a year’s survival.

Every donor-sponsored Pakistani government focuses exclusively on revenue generation but fails at it year after year. Just add up the following four items: power-sector losses=Rs400 billion a year, public-sector enterprises (PIA, railways, steel mills etc) losses=Rs400 billion a year, public-sector development programme commissions=Rs600 billion a year and commodity operations debt=Rs400 billion. These four items total up to Rs1.8 trillion. This is no rocket science. All these losses are man-made – and that is no conspiracy. All that is needed are reforms, power sector reforms, PSE and PSDP reforms.

On the more symbolic side of things, we have four other expenditure items. One, why do we spend Rs8 million a day every day of the year on the cabinet division? Two, why do we spend Rs5 million a day every day of the year on foreign tours of the PM? Three, why do we spend Rs2 million a day every day of the year on the PM Office? And four, why do we spend Rs1.3 million a day every day of the year on the presidency?

Trade deficit is the ‘amount by which the cost of a country’s imports exceeds the value of its exports’. This is the other evil that has made beggars out of us. Never in the financial history of Pakistan have we had a five-year period of falling exports. Never in the history of Pakistan have we had a $35 billion trade deficit. The long-term issue is that our cost of inputs – electricity, gas and taxation – has gone through the roof.

Over the short term, we need to manage our import bill. Pakistan is the third largest milk producing country in the world, then why do we import $250 million worth of milk products? Why do we import $2.5 billion worth of vehicles? Why do we import $2 billion worth of edible oil? Why do we import a billion dollars worth of pulses? Why do drink $550 million worth of imported tea?

Our poverty is man-made, not God-given. Our debts are also man-made and not God-given. All we need is political intent. There is enough talent in this country that can put together an actionable plan. There is enough talent in this country that can put together an implementation team.

A Seventy Year Old Indian Popular Muhawra and Kahawat : Bharat Say Shatruta Aur Kashmir Kay Swapun Terroristan Ko Budday Bahumulya Padday!

Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

X Posted on the Analyzing CPEC Thread

LO! KUR LO BAAT! : Political uncertainty clouds CPEC

ISLAMABAD: China is understood to be on the verge of putting on hold further investments under CPEC beyond what has already been done – a decision linked to the prevalent uncertain political situation in Pakistan and surging fears of turmoil in the months ahead.

The move, sounded out in a recent meeting of the new Chinese ambassador with the prime minister, will not affect the ongoing investments worth 29 billion dollars made so far out of 56 billion dollars committed by Beijing for impressive range of infrastructure projects in Pakistan, competent sources said.

The worrisome development is not entirely unexpected amid the chain of events unleashed in the wake of the ouster of former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif through the July 28 verdict by a five-member Supreme Court bench and its wider implications for the very future of the country as it battles terrorism and confronts the perpetual hostility from a bigger neighbour and pressures from Trump-led US.

As things stand now, confusion and doubts abound regarding whether and how the nation will steer through the mess in order to maintain its deeply endangered march on the road to a stable democratic dispensation, through peaceful elections leading to a second smooth transfer of power from one elected government to another in the 70-year life of the country.

According to sources, the Chinese envoy has been in touch with authorities on the emerging scenario. The envoy is also understood to have broached the subject when he met with Nawaz Sharif at his Raiwind residence on Saturday.

The ambassador has already called on Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, who has often voiced concerns over the multi-dimensional fallout of the controversial court verdict including possible repercussions for the mega project which is crucial for Pakistan’s economy as well as regional connectivity.

In the face of India’s avowed mission to sabotage the corridor project, the uncertain domestic environment is generally considered all the more ominous. Terroristanis cannot blame any body else! THEiR RULERS I.E. THE ARMY MUST TAKE THE FULL CREDIT!

Ahsan Iqbal, who spearheads CPEC talks from Pakistan side, said a delegation headed by Secretary Planning is leaving for Beijing on Sunday (today) for next phase of talks. “Portfolio is moving forward and new phase of talks is beginning the next week,” the minister told The News.

‘Political events in Pakistan have sent China in a watchful mood,” Ahsan Iqbal said. “I, however, don’t see any threat to CPEC but I am concerned if we continue to throw surprises to the outside world, then anyone can be forced to rethink their economic investments,” he said. “In such a scenario our prospects of getting maximum benefits may be compromised,” he said adding “we have to ensure 200 percent political stability.”

There is a clear national consensus on the importance and significance of CPEC for the county’s economic growth, further strengthening of relations with the great friend and ally to the north, in the interest of regional balance and security and tackling the grave problem of unemployment and opening up vistas of great commercial benefits.

The deep sea port being developed at Gwadar in Balochistan and the extensive road and rail network will no doubt transform the region, lifting the country to its richly deserved stature of economic power commensurate with its distinction of being the sole Islamic nuclear power Their is no LIFTING in "DROOPY" Terroristan! All players in national politics stand in unison for uninterrupted and flawless implementation of CPEC, overcoming all hurdles in the way.

Cheers Image
shaun
BRFite

Post by shaun »

10 Pakistani nationals arrested in Kenya over terror links
ANI | Updated: Jan 11, 2018 12:46 IST

Mombasa [Kenya], Jan.11 (ANI): Kenyan police on Monday arrested ten Pakistanis after raids at their residents within Kizingo for their alleged involvement in terror finding, money laundering and drug trafficking.

Kenya's The Star newspaper quoted Mombasa police Commander Johnstone Ipara who confirmed the suspects were carrying out illegal commercial activities.

"We suspect they were carrying out illegal commercial activities," Ipara said.

Among those seized is the father of a terror suspect arrested in Pakistan. He was identified as Mohammed Tasleem. The 50-year-old owns company that imports rice from Pakistan.

Mombasa CID boss Washington Njiru said they were working with different agencies to investigate the suspects.

The Star quoted sources that Tasleem could be deported to Pakistan to assist with investigations. It is suspected that the proceeds of his business is used to fund terrorism activities in Pakistan.

Kenya has recently worked with different foreign agencies including the FBI and the Scotland Yard in fighting terrorism and drug trafficking.

Documents indicate the ten suspects have been in Kenya for the last four years.

https://www.aninews.in/news/world/asia/ ... 244000001/
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Peregrine wrote:Without the US?

Our poverty is man-made, not God-given. Our debts are also man-made and not God-given.
Blasphemy!
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Peregrine wrote:LO! KUR LO BAAT! : Political uncertainty clouds CPEC

..the Chinese envoy has been in touch with authorities on the emerging scenario. The envoy is also understood to have broached the subject when he met with Nawaz Sharif at his Raiwind residence on Saturday.
Are the average pakis aware of the implication of this protocol? An ambassador is the bearer of bad news, not a senior civil servant or a high up government leader. Sounds like the "good old days of the brit raj". Bakistan is now being managed by a local chini rep.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

Peregrine wrote:Meanwhile Back at the Ranch!

Without the US?

Every donor-sponsored Pakistani government focuses exclusively on revenue generation but fails at it year after year. Just add up the following four items: power-sector losses=Rs400 billion a year, public-sector enterprises (PIA, railways, steel mills etc) losses=Rs400 billion a year, public-sector development programme commissions=Rs600 billion a year and commodity operations debt=Rs400 billion. These four items total up to Rs1.8 trillion. This is no rocket science. All these losses are man-made – and that is no conspiracy. All that is needed are reforms, power sector reforms, PSE and PSDP reforms.

On the more symbolic side of things, we have four other expenditure items. One, why do we spend Rs8 million a day every day of the year on the cabinet division? Two, why do we spend Rs5 million a day every day of the year on foreign tours of the PM? Three, why do we spend Rs2 million a day every day of the year on the PM Office? And four, why do we spend Rs1.3 million a day every day of the year on the presidency?

Our poverty is man-made, not God-given. Our debts are also man-made and not God-given. All we need is political intent. There is enough talent in this country that can put together an actionable plan. There is enough talent in this country that can put together an implementation team.

Why is the biggest elephant in the room, the expenditure on defence forces missing? Unless that expenditure is reduced, and Army's influence on governance reduced, there is no way pakis will get out of the shit hole they dug themselves into. The Army won't give up their powers, and pakis will never get out of the shit hole. They will be toilet of the four fathers.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

MQM leader who was picked up by security agencies, found dead.

Deep state tried to pass of this death as natural but someone tweeted his photos which showed torture marks. Another normal day in Shitistan.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Scope to ramp up heat on Pakistan to stop cross-border terror: Army chief

NEW DELHI: Political initiative must go "hand-in-hand" with military operations in Jammu and Kashmir to bring peace, Army chief Gen Bipin Rawat said on Sunday, and favoured ramping up military offensive to pile up heat on Pakistan to stop cross-border terrorism+ in the state.

Gen Rawat said the armed forces operating in the state cannot be "status quoist" and must evolve new strategies and tactics to deal with the situation, which he feels is "marginally" better since he took over a year ago.

In an interview to news agency PTI, the Army chief asserted that there was room for ramping up heat on Pakistan to cut flow of cross-border terror activities, clearly indicating that the Army will continue its policy of hot pursuit in dealing with militancy.

"The political initiative and all the other initiatives must go simultaneously hand-in-hand and only if all of us function in synergy, we can bring lasting peace in Kashmir. It has to be a politico-military approach that we have to adopt," the Army chief said.

In October, the government had appointed former Intelligence Bureau chief Dineshwar Sharma as its special representative+ for a "sustained dialogue" with all stakeholders in J&K.

"When the government appointed an interlocutor, it is with that purpose. He is the government's representative to reach out to the people of Kashmir and see what their grievances are so that those can then be addressed at a political level," the Army chief said.

Asked whether there is room for ramping up pressure on Pakistan to force it to stop sending terrorists to the state, he said, "Yes, you cannot be status quoist. You have to continuously think and keep moving forward. You have to keep changing your doctrines and concept and the manner in which you operate in such areas."

Gen Rawat said the Army will have to evolve new strategies and new tactics to deal with the situation. At the same time, he said an overall approach was required to deal with the Kashmir issue.

Since beginning of last year, the Army pursued an aggressive anti-terror policy in Jammu and Kashmir and, at the same time, forcefully responded to all ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops along the Line of Control with a tit-for-tat approach.

"Military is only part of the mechanism to resolve the Kashmir issue. Our charter is to ensure that the terrorists who are creating violence in the state are taken to task and those who have been radicalised and are increasingly moving towards terrorism are prevented from doing so," he said.

Gen Rawat said some youths continue to be radicalised and are joining terror outfits. The Army has been trying to maintain pressure on terror groups, he said.

The Army's aim is to ensure that it continues to maintain the pressure on the terrorists and those fomenting trouble there, Gen Rawat said.

"But at the same time, we have to also reach out to the people," he said.

Asked whether the situation in Kashmir has improved since he has taken over as the Army chief a year ago, Gen Rawat said, "I am only seeing a marginal change in situation for the better.

"I do not think it is time to become over confident and start assuming that the situation has been brought under control because infiltration from across the borders will continue."

The LoC has remained volatile in the last year. According to official figures, 860 incidents of ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops were reported in 2017 as against 221 the year before.

India has also been effectively retaliating to Pakistani firing and even crossed the LoC to punish Pakistani troops on several occasions as part of tactical operations.

Cheers Image
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

anupmisra wrote:This just in. It has been now officially admitted that...

China praised for its ‘no-strings attached’ relationship with Pakistan
Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif said that Pak-China friendship had turned into an immortal bond of affection. “We are proud of our friendship with China. Your country neither attaches strings to our friendship nor keeps asking us to do more. In fact, China is following a policy of love more.
Chinese Consul General Mr. Long Ding...
Chinese leadership appreciates you because you give practical results and your personality is filled with the passion for hard work, commitment and dedication.
As the love fest winded down, it was time for drinks. AoA!

https://dailytimes.com.pk/180044/china- ... -pakistan/
Anupmisraji,

They are correct in a manner of speaking. Its not a string, its a noose!
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Peregrine wrote:LO! KUR LO BAAT! : Political uncertainty clouds CPEC

..the Chinese envoy has been in touch with authorities on the emerging scenario. The envoy is also understood to have broached the subject when he met with Nawaz Sharif at his Raiwind residence on Saturday.
anupmisra wrote:Are the average pakis aware of the implication of this protocol? An ambassador is the bearer of bad news, not a senior civil servant or a high up government leader. Sounds like the "good old days of the brit raj". Bakistan is now being managed by a local chini rep.
anupmisra Ji :

As you New Yorkers say " A Sucker is Born every Minute"!

Cheers Image
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Love fest continues. Hans show how much (in pkr).

4 Chinese nationals arrested in another ATM skimming incident in Karachi
Karachi police have arrested four Chinese nationals suspected of ATM skimming fraud and have recovered Rs2.3 million and 350 ATM cards from their possession
two other accomplices managed to escape :shock:
the group appears to be a part of an organised gang which employs young Chinese men for skimming frauds
The incident takes the toll of Chinese men arrested this week in relation to ATM skimming frauds in Karachi to six.
Pkr 2.3M is about $22,000. That's it? I thought the chini-paki dosti was way above that ($53 Billion worth). After all the welcome wagon the pakis threw for the incoming hans was clear about that. In the interest of greater good, the hans should be allowed to go home.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1382925/4-chi ... in-karachi
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

A Raa deal? Or is it the han this time?

ISPR warns against 'fake' telephone calls by impersonators seeking personal information
The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) on Sunday warned the general public against telephone calls by impersonators pretending to be army officers.
"The impersonators try to seek personal details" including national identity card (CNIC) and bank account information "on the pretext of census verification"
https://www.dawn.com/news/1382927/ispr- ... nformation
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

nam wrote:http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-in ... 574944/amp
Speaking about India's combative action against infiltration in Jammu and Kashmir, General Rawat informed that cross-bordee firing have been increased to destroy Pakistan posts that support infiltration,
This was something I used to mention in my post. We light up the Pak post everytime there is a infiltration or attack in Kashmir/India.

Good to see at-least one part of my wishlist's is been applied.
Pakistani Army runs for cover, ISI worried with India's strong response to border firing.

A swift and strong response from the Indian Army and the Border Security Force (BSF) to the cross-border firing has forced the Pakistani troops to 'run for cover' and left its notorious Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) worried about the growing casualties of its officers and jawans.

According to the inputs gathered by the intelligence agencies and accessed by the Zee Media, the ISI is finding it extremely difficult to execute its anti-India agenda in the wake of a deadly response from the Indian security forces.

Significantly, heightened border monitoring and aerial surveillance by the Indian security forces has further forced Pakistan's notorious Border Action Team (BAT) to shelve its plan to carry out lethal sniper attacks targeting the Indian troops and border outposts.

This comes in the wake of reports that the Indian Army killed at least 138 Pakistan Army personnel in 2017 in tactical operations and retaliatory cross-border firings along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir.

The ISI top brass recently held a secret meeting in Rawalpindi with the senior Pakistani Army officers and the bosses of several terrorist outfits to chalk out a strategy to counter the Indian response.

It has also come to light that during the meeting, the LeT and other terror outfits expressed grave concerns over the heavy loss suffered by them due to the counter-terror operations launched by the Indian Armed in the Kashmir Valley.

The ISI and the Pakistani Army is also reportedly worried about the scale and ferocity of the Indian response after every attack on its border outpost and troops by the Pakistan Rangers at Line of Control and the International Border.

The ISI has reasons to worry especially after the Indian Army's surgical strikes against suspected militants along the Line of Control in September 2016 during which several terror base camps were completely destroyed.

Given a complete freedom by the Narendra Modi government, the Indian Army and BSF are hitting back at will from every spot the Pakistanis have targeted.

The volume and intensity of India’s return fire is much higher than the usual calibrated response the Pakistanis have come to expect, and that's what the ISI is worried about.

Indian forces are systematically targeting infrastructure and force deployment nodes on the other side.

The damage on the other side is so high that Pakistan, according to an internal report sent to South Block by the Indian mission in Islamabad, is “ducking for cover”.

Moreover, to give a befitting reply to Pakistan, the BSF has recently launched ''Operation Arjun'' and targeting farms and residences of retired Pakistan Army, ISI and Pakistan Rangers officers alongside the Indian border.

The operation is being seen as BSF's strong response to Pakistan's tactic of firing on civilians, shelling villages along the border, and use of snipers to kill jawans.

The BSF's action includes targeting farms and residences of retired Pakistan Army, ISI and Pakistan Rangers officers who have been allotted land near the Indian border so that they can guide infiltration and provide logistical help in anti-India operations, according to a report.

Meanwhile, Army Chief General Bipin Rawat had, on many occasions, too warned that the Indian troops will conduct another surgical strike, whenever the situation warrants.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ I will run with a jhadoo and chappal behind the next guy who says that this govt is the same w.r.t TSP as any of the previous governments ( esp UPA-1 and UPA-2)
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Army kills 7 Pakistani soldiers, injures 4 along LoC in 'retaliatory action' - ToI

Folks, the above is apart from the manuring of the JeM terrorists. These are Pakistani Army regulars. Excellent show on the Army Day.
The Army today killed seven Pakistani soldiers and injured four in areas along the Line of Control (LoC) in retaliation for the killing of an Indian solider in Pakistani firing on Saturday.

The Army's action occurred in the forward areas along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch district. The action comes after an Indian solider was killed in Pakistani firing along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir's Rajouri district on Saturday.

Meanwhile, the Pakistan army said in a statement that four of its soldiers were killed along the LOC in the Jandrot, Kotli sector.

Separately, the Army today also killed six Jaish-e-Muhammad (JeM) terrorists.

"We have recovered five bodies from the spot. I think six have died, one body is being searched. They belonged to Jaish-e-Mohammed and information was that they are suicide attackers," said SP Vaid, director general of police, Jammu and Kashmir.

Vaid laid out how the action unfolded.

"Since past few days, we were getting inputs about possible attempts to infiltrate from Uri sector. So, ambushes were laid out in that area by Army, J&K police & CRPF. In the morning, exchange of fire took place in one of the ambushes," said Vaid.

Separately, addressing Army members at an event of the 70th Army Day, Army Chief General Bipin Rawat warned Pakistan to not compel India to step up its military offensive.

"Pakistan Army has been continuously trying to help terrorists sneak into India along LoC in J&K. We are using our might to teach them a lesson. If we are forced, then we may resort to other action by stepping up military offensive," he said.

The Army chief also talked about Pakistan's non-stop ceasefire violations.

"Ceasefire violations by Pakistan happen frequently, to which we respond effectively. We will take even stronger steps against our enemies if we are compelled to do so," said General Rawat.

Any anti-India activities will not be allowed to succeed, he added.

Pakistan has violated the ceasefire along the International Border (IB) and the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir more than 720 times last year, the highest in the past seven years.

According to data compiled by the Union Home Ministry, Pakistani forces have violated ceasefire 724 times along the IB and the LoC till October in comparison to 449 times in 2016.

As many as 12 civilians and 17 security personnel were killed in the firing from across the border until last October.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

anupmisra wrote:Love fest continues. Hans show how much (in pkr).

4 Chinese nationals arrested in another ATM skimming incident in Karachi
ATM robbery is a full time, professional business in Pakistan, especially in Karachi. Many families are depend on this.

This Chinese stealing local business might not have gone well within the local community. Some local businessman must have tipped off the police.