India - Canada - News and Discussion. (2018)

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Re: India - Canada - News and Discussion. (2018)

Post by chetak »

Canada PM Justin Trudeau announces September 20 snap elections: AFP

Canada’s Trudeau announces September 20 snap elections
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

chetak wrote:Chris O'Neill-Yates comes across as a baleful anti Hindu, anti Modi and anti India biatch
Aren't they all.....why spend time out of your life on these nobodies.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58389802
Canada federal election: How much trouble is Trudeau in?
Jessica Murphy, BBC News, Toronto, 2 September

Canada's Justin Trudeau called a snap election in mid-August hoping an early campaign could net his Liberals a majority government. But with their lead in the poll vanishing at the campaign's halfway point, is one still within reach?
In August, when he called the election saying "Canadians need to choose how we finish the fight against Covid-19", political headwinds appeared to be blowing in Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's favour.
Canadians were largely happy with the direction of the country and his Liberal government's pandemic response, polls suggested.
Though the initial rollout of Covid jabs in the country had been slow and bumpy, many Canadians had been vaccinated more quickly than predicted. People were enjoying the summer as lockdown restrictions were being eased by the provinces.
"Three weeks ago it felt like pretty common knowledge - at least with people I was talking to - that it was going to be a cakewalk for the Liberals," said Jenni Byrne, a political commentator and former Conservative campaign manager.
But heading into September, Mr Trudeau and his Liberals are in a different position.
Canadians seem to be wondering why an election - called two years early - was necessary, said Alex Marland, a political science professor at Memorial University.
The prime minister may have controlled the timing of the campaign, but he did "not provide a satisfactory narrative about why we need to go to the polls" leaving voters "grumpy and frustrated", he said.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
https://www.telegraphindia.com/world/ma ... id/1830521
Magic gone, Justin Trudeau is fighting for political Life in Canadian election
The Prime Minister's early election call in the midst of a pandemic has backfired big time
Penny MacRae, 13.09.21

If Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s Liberals lose power in Canada’s general election just a week away, he’ll have only himself to blame. Trudeau, who had two years left to run in his mandate, now is fighting for his political life in a campaign he expected to be a walkover.
Trudeau, 49, called the snap early vote, confident his left-of-centre party’s generous pandemic payments and vaccine rollout which has given the country one of the best vaccination rates globally would transform his minority government into a majority one. (An impressive 75 per cent of Canadians aged over 12 are double-jabbed).Trudeau also had pegged the rookie leader of the main Opposition Conservative party, Erin O’Toole, as a right-wing, uncharismatic unknown who would present no challenge to his bid to secure a third term and the magic 170 seats needed to form a majority government.
But the Conservative leader cannily turned the tables on the Liberals by rebranding himself as a moderate and proposing a centre-left agenda. To the Liberals’ chagrin, the 48-year-old lawyer and ex-serviceman also has proved to be an affable, effective campaigner -- mostly with virtual events to limit Covid-19 spread -- even if he lacks Trudeau’s panache.
Now, analysts say Trudeau will be lucky to form another minority government after ballots are counted on September 20. The latest opinion polls show the Conservatives holding a slight lead over the Liberals who face an additional challenge on the left from the smaller New Democratic Party. The party, led by skateboarding lawyer Jagmeet Singh, 42, who’s supplanted Trudeau in surveys as Canada’s most-liked political leader, could emerge as the election’s kingmaker. Singh’s campaign is already selling T-shirts proclaiming “the Jagmeet UpriSingh.” The Conservatives hold 33 per cent support compared with 31 per cent for the Liberals and 19 per cent for the New Democrats, the latest Nanos Research Group Survey suggests.
Opposition leaders have framed the election call by Trudeau as a pure-and-simple power grab. Trudeau insists he sought the vote to gain a mandate to plan Canada’s post-pandemic future. “The decisions your government makes right now will define the future your kids and grandkids will grow up in," he told reporters. “So in this pivotal, consequential moment, who wouldn't want a say?” But with the country now into a fourth wave of the pandemic, devastating forest fires on the west coast and Prairie farmers facing a drought, critics are saying a mid-term election is the last thing the country needed. “Part of the reason we’re in an election in a pandemic is his (Trudeau’s) ambition,” the Conservative chief said in a leaders’ debate.
Gautam
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Trudeau's party has become the single largest party in Canada. But a majority evades it
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

[quote="sanjaykumar"][/quote]turd has been almost at the same position ..attempted to outsmart everyone by doing elections 2 years ahead of schedule assuming he had done good in covid...
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/24/tech/men ... index.html
Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou reaches agreement with US to resolve fraud charges
Clare Duffy and Evan Perez, CNN Business, September 25, 2021

New York (CNN Business)Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou and the US Department of Justice on Friday entered an agreement to defer prosecution of US charges against her until late 2022, after which point the charges could be dropped.
The deal, which allowed Meng to return to China, could bring to an end a nearly three-year legal saga that has complicated relations between the United States, China and Canada. Meng left Canada Friday on a flight for China chartered by the Chinese government, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
In a lengthy post on her WeChat account Saturday, Meng described tearing up as her flight from Vancouver to Shenzhen crossed the North Pole and praised China's ruling Communist Party. A CNN source has seen the post which is not open to be publicly viewed.
"As we get closer to home, I feel increasingly emotional, with tears welling up in my eyes. Under the leadership of the Chinese Communist Party, our motherland is moving toward prosperity. Without this strong motherland, I wouldn't have my freedom today," she wrote. "I thank my beloved motherland, and I thank the Party and the government ... for shining a light during my darkest hours and guiding me in my long journey home."
Following her release, two Canadians detained by China for nearly three years were also freed, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Friday.
The US case centered on whether Meng, who is also the daughter of Huawei founder Ren Zhengfei, misled HSBC about Huawei's relationship with an Iranian subsidiary, Skycom, which the US alleges could have put the bank at risk of sanctions violations.
Meng appeared virtually in a court in Brooklyn, New York, and pleaded not guilty to charges of conspiracy to commit bank fraud, bank fraud, conspiracy to commit wire fraud, and wire fraud.
Gautam
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

sanjaykumar wrote:Image
Sire, is this an admission that Canadian PM is not an "idealist" after all? There was a lot of back and forth on his idealism and why some of us were a little skeptical about this dynast bacchaa? Hmm?!!! :mrgreen:
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Funny how a little blackface does nothing to invalidate one’s progressive credentials.

A privilege of whiteness, perhaps.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

No it's a privilege of progressivism. It gives people a cloak of invisibility regarding most atrocious and racist behaviour.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.defenceaviationpost.com/202 ... ines-here/
India, Canada flights to resume from today: Check guidelines here
By Hindustan Times, 09/27/2021

Canada will from Monday allow resumption of direct flights from India, more than five months after suspending their operation in April this year when the second wave of the coronavirus pandemic swept the nation.
Last Tuesday, Canada extended the restriction on all direct commercial and private passenger flights from India until September 26. “As of September 27, 2021, direct flights from India to Canada will resume,” the Canadian government said on Sunday.
The flight ban was lifted after test results of passengers who flew to Canada from New Delhi on September 22 aboard three Air Canada flights came out to be negative. Prior to the ban in April this year, the two airlines were operating daily direct flights from India to Canada under an air bubble arrangement between the two governments.
With the ban now lifted, passengers from India can now travel to Canada with a few precautionary measures, which include having a negative Covid-19 test report from an approved laboratory.
Gautam
srikandan
BRFite

Post by srikandan »

https://indianexpress.com/article/citie ... e-7735938/

Canadian gangsters running criminal mafia networks in Punjab.
The police said that Happy Singh is a close associate of gangster Sukha Duneke, who is based in Canada and is supposedly involved in many criminal activities in Malwa region of Punjab — including murders, kidnapping, extortion and carjacking.

Happy Singh along with his gang members — identified as Harry, Manpreet Singh alias Samma, Avtar Singh Aulakh, Sabu, Yadwinder Singh, Lucky, and Sona — received instructions from Sukha Duneke in Canada and carried out murders, kidnapping, and extortion on his behalf.

“During initial questioning, Happy Singh disclosed that he was involved in the kidnapping of a prominent doctor from Sri Muktsar Sahib on December 20 last year. The doctor, he claimd, was abducted when he and his wifehad gone for a walk at Thandewala road in Sri Muktsar Sahib,” deputy superintendent of police at OCCU, Bikram Brar, said.
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

Patel family from Gujarat reportedly pays $100,000 to illegally cross border from Manitoba, Canada to USA and freezes to death in -35 degrees Celsius weather

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/wor ... 185841.cms
AkshaySG
BRFite

Post by AkshaySG »

anishns wrote:Patel family from Gujarat reportedly pays $100,000 to illegally cross border from Manitoba, Canada to USA and freezes to death in -35 degrees Celsius weather

Some very weird situations about this case.

If they're fine with staying illegally then why not just get a US Tourist visa, come here directly and then dissappear???.. Why risk a dangerous border crossing in peak winter.

Also if they did get to Canada then why not just stay in Canada?... Much easier visa rules even if they wanted to go legal sometime in the future. Not as many Gujaratis but still a very strong Indian network.

Seems like they had no clue what they were getting into and were thinking their handler would take care of everything.

Extremely sad especially considering there was a kid and infant who had to suffer because of their parents delusions
Shankas
BRFite

Post by Shankas »

Canadians have had enough. A small protest by a few independent truckers in British Columbia has now turned into a national moment. 10's of thousands of people have converged on the lawn (ice rink) if the capital building in sub-zero weather. Our Prime Minister has only himself to thank for this. Last week he called this a fringe moment, which has pissed off common man and the result is this.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1487513059333750784

Right on cue and taking a page from USA....RUSSIA did it!

CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) Government funded news media has this to say

https://twitter.com/i/status/1487508593977040899
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

The Hindoos say karma makes me twitch.
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

Shankas bro! One thing perhaps unrelated is that the Canadian truckers are formed by a big percentage of Eastern Euros including Ukrainians/Russians etc. And traditionally because of the iron curtain mindset are generally opposed to vaccination. All this information is anecdotal, so take it for what it's worth.
Shankas wrote:Canadians have had enough. A small protest by a few independent truckers in British Columbia has now turned into a national moment. 10's of thousands of people have converged on the lawn (ice rink) if the capital building in sub-zero weather. Our Prime Minister has only himself to thank for this. Last week he called this a fringe moment, which has pissed off common man and the result is this.

CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) Government funded news media has this to say

vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

anishns wrote:Patel family from Gujarat reportedly pays $100,000 to illegally cross border from Manitoba, Canada to USA and freezes to death in -35 degrees Celsius weather

So they had $100,000 and still wanted to enter illegally :eek: ?
I'm sure they could've made Canada their home with that kind of money legally if they were young with college degrees.
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

Shankas wrote:Canadians have had enough. A small protest by a few independent truckers in British Columbia has now turned into a national moment. 10's of thousands of people have converged on the lawn (ice rink) if the capital building in sub-zero weather. Our Prime Minister has only himself to thank for this. Last week he called this a fringe moment, which has pissed off common man and the result is this.

we should openly support this farmers protest. maybe send Dakait to Kaneda.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

vimal wrote: So they had $100,000 and still wanted to enter illegally :eek: ?
I'm sure they could've made Canada their home with that kind of money legally if they were young with college degrees.
Most likely the family (of 4, father 37, not highly literate, children pre-teens) sold property and took loans from near and dear to cough up 100K. Must have had assurance from their community already in the US that they'll be taken care of, with a back kitchen or some other invisible job and a place to stay for cheap. Live under the radar for a few years and hope to get GC/citizenship. Happens all the time. This family was really unfortunate. Very sad.

On my first trip to US in late 90s, the Dunkin Donuts nearby had Gujarati staff. We got friendly and they were insistent that I should throw away my Indian passport and blend into the society, no one checks. They had come to US as part of a Bollywood show dance troup a year ago and did the same. They even offered me a job and thought I was a fool to go back ! Over the years met many Gujaratis & Punjabis trying to immigrate to US/Canada/Europe who planned to somehow enter and disappear. Takes lot of courage or desperation to rough it out with so many unknowns and deportation sword hanging on the head. The community already there creates the pull and offers cover so they may not see it as a big risk. Other states people try other methods like conversion, fake degrees etc...
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karma will knock at your door sooner or later.........
A convoy of protesters on trucks is approaching Canadian capital Ottawa

According to reports, trudeau has been moved to a secret location

Mature nations like Canada take security seriously

Only in India, woke liberals make fun of our PM's security needs

Truck drivers in canada are protesting against the government's COVID vaccine mandate at Parliament Hill. trudeau scared, runs away to some undisclosed secure location.

Is that how you canucks deal with protests in your country... You were advising the Indian Govt on how to go……about the so called "farmers" protests in India.

Here, we don’t run away from problems but deal with it like a man should…(Credit : WION).

This is what #jagmeet singh supported in India: His 'Farmers' attacking the police violently in India 2021.

Have the khalistani chickens have come home to roost.... or do they have different standards over there

yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

I am still waiting for the day this duffer realizes that Canada just lost its argument in all future WTO discussions on agricultural subsidies. Every time Canada opens its mouth about subsidies to Indian farmers, the Indian delegation only has to show Trudeau's tweets supporting the Indian farmers protests.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Haram link

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60202050

Freedom Convoy: Ottawa residents 'prisoners in own homes'

Not even a week and already 'people are prisoners in own homes', months of protests in India and they were absolutely proper, no inconvenience, no road blockages, popular.... etc.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Cyrano wrote:Other states people try other methods like conversion, fake degrees etc...
Mid 80s Zurich had many Srilankans who came there seeking asylum. I met only men. Almost all of them married local women and were enjoying life - not working but living off of the dole.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

A lot of Sri Lankan dead beats were in France during the 1990s. I've only met a few Sri Lankans who were in academics and main stream professions, but seems the bulk of them were/are dead beats.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

In Paris, the area near Gare du Nord in 10th Arr. has several streets where Tamilians from Pondichery and Sri Lankans who came through asylum route run a lot of businesses like groceries, garments, South Indian & Sri Lankan restaurants etc. They organise a colourful Ganesh Chaturthi procession every year. I'm grateful for them coz they let me stay in touch with India from a cultural/culinary side. Many regular Parisian brassieres and restaurants employ Sri Lankan people as kitchen hands. I've been told they are preferred since they work long hours and don't complain, most speak poor French. Hard to say how many of them are dead beats. Perhaps only a small %. Post 2000s, the influx has reduced to a trickle, I don't see the Little India growing.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Mort Walker wrote:A lot of Sri Lankan dead beats were in France during the 1990s. I've only met a few Sri Lankans who were in academics and main stream professions, but seems the bulk of them were/are dead beats.

ditto for germany.

many tried to get us to seek asylum
srikandan
BRFite

Post by srikandan »

https://twitter.com/TheRealKeean/status ... 3591138304
NEW: Truckers are providing meals for the homeless in downtown Ottawa. Zero mainstream media coverage. Organizers also have pop-up pizza ovens cooking food for everyone all over. This is who Trudeau is calling "unacceptable."
The Khalisthanis did this first in New Delhi last year -- putting the experience to good use in Canadia clearly. Oh, and look how western tech companies are hurting democracy by blocking funds to these poor canadian truckers.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8536937/truc ... me-update/
As the trucking convoy continues to Ottawa, GoFundMe said it requires “that fundraisers be transparent about the flow of funds and have a clear plan for how those funds will be spent. In this case, we are in touch with the organizer to verify that information.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

RCMP begins removing protesters, vehicles at Coutts, Alta. border crossing; secondary blockades set up
RCMP began removing a massive blockade of vehicles — many of them semi trucks and trailers — near the Canada-U.S. border crossing at Coutts, Alta. on Tuesday, however some protesters refused to leave and secondary blockades were set up further to the north.

"it is unlawful to wilfully obstruct, interrupt or interfere with the construction, maintenance, use or operation of any essential infrastructure in a manner that renders the essential infrastructure dangerous, useless, inoperative or ineffective as per the Critical Infrastructure Defence Act of Alberta," police added.

"Anyone who actively blocks a highway—or aids, counsels or directs a highway to be blocked—may be subject to arrest and charge under this act.

"Person’s participating in this blockade can also expect enforcement of any contraventions of the Criminal Code of Canada, the Traffic Safety Act and Use of Highway and Rules of the Road Regulations at this location and area roadways."

CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE ACT

The Critical Infrastructure Defence Act, which was created in 2020 to allow law enforcement to punish protestors who impair critical economic infrastructure. Punishments include a fine of up to $25,000, plus up to six months in jail for individuals and a maximum fine of $200,000 for corporations.
It was a cruel joke to let the farmer broker drama go on for how long it did. White countries don't play around in their own backyard.
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

Unfortunately Canada seems to have it's own Supreme Court. To add insult to injury they don't seem to have the Collegium System, nor the expanded notion of Public Interest Litigation or the Basic Stucture Doctrine which pretty much allows the judge of the moment to declare 'chaka jam' road blockade as falling under Basic Structure of the Constitution.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Also it appears truck drivers don't qualify to be classified as 'annadatas' and the associated eligibility to be treated as above the laws of the land. Canadian hizzoners also seem reluctant to get involved suo moto.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Dilbu wrote:Also it appears truck drivers don't qualify to be classified as 'annadatas' and the associated eligibility to be treated as above the laws of the land. Canadian hizzoners also seem reluctant to get involved suo moto.
In many countries, suo moto and the cancerous concept of the "motivated PLI" is an anathema.

In a democracy, there are many doors that cannot be opened merely because of accrued benefits seized by the sly pursuit of vested and special interest groups under the garb of some alleged secular "freedoms"

The so called "secular" capture and plunder of Hindu temples by the "state" and the poisonous implementation of the RTE which actively suppresses the most fundamental of rights of the majority community are some of the deliberate misapplications and/or monomaniacal perversions of the constitutional provisions which outcomes were never envisaged by the framers of the constitution.

except in very very rare cases, lines should not be crossed as that contaminates democracy and impinges on the rights of the silent majority, whoever they may be.

I think that the canadian pappu is done and dusted. He may well serve out the remainder of his term as a lame duck coalition puppet but it certainly looks like it is the end of the road for him.

The khalistanis are fired up, many of whom may well be sensing a golden opportunity to establish their "raj"
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

I was just watching a few videos of the so called 'truckers protest' in Canada. And from that I understand 'farmers' have also lent their support for the protests. And the videos also had clippings of farming machinery/tractors etc blaring their horns and moving on the road.

The modus operandi of these protests seems to be very identical to the one used by the farmer broker gang in Delhi & Punjab. I understand that there is a large number of ex-Punjabi folks who have migrated to Canada in earlier years and even now. Is it that the majority of truckers are now from these immigrant communities (Indian Punjabis as well as chums from Pakistan side)? The 'farmers' offering support, are they majority the white (X'ian) folks or does this job segment too have large number of immigrants?

I remember reading that due to the original white (X'ian) inhabitants of Canada moving up the value chain and leading a more prosperous life Canada was finding it tough to get them to take up jobs which required more physical work, or spending time away from the family etc. Even the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (R.C.M.P - which is like Canada's CRPF and CBI) now has large number of Punjabis/Sikhs in its ranks.

How ever I still get a feeling that this truck driver-farmer protest may get stomped down, as in Canada and US the laws are not as secular & liberal as in India. When push comes to shove, I feel these countries (and its White population) can still muster courage and push back.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

Sachin wrote:Is it that the majority of truckers are now from these immigrant communities (Indian Punjabis as well as chums from Pakistan side)? The 'farmers' offering support, are they majority the white (X'ian) folks or does this job segment too have large number of immigrants?
Sachin-ji, "trucking" pays extremely well($35-40/hr easy) so it's very lucrative and has significant white/xian members. For farming, land is consolidated(read: corporatized) and the owners are usually white. The actual "farmers" definitely are the Indian, paki guys who work there as wage-labourers. Essentially the same system that the khalistanis and farmers brokers were imagining would happen in India and rioted but would happily sell their ancestral land in India to go slave for white owners.

The whole circus is so full of irony that it makes you rage.

Another segment that is full of punjabis(both indian and paki) is the security guard business. The newcomers take a 6-month course(I think) and from then on can work as mall-cops or security guards for factories etc while their wives(and parents/other family members) slave away in the same factories until they've worked enough to collect EI for the rest of the year.
When push comes to shove, I feel these countries (and its White population) can still muster courage and push back.
+1. I feel like the most important thing is that their media isn't rabid like ours and the state controls the narrative. Even now, the media is daily reporting about how the protests harm ordinary citizens and the economy, there are videos floating around of "random" ordinary citizens getting fed up and getting in one argument or the other with the protestors; essentially preparing the population for the crackdown. Quite like how the US media does when the state department has decided to invade this country or the other.

The whole thing is actually quite beautiful to watch.
Srutayus
BRFite

Post by Srutayus »

Canada’s military may be needed to clear ‘Freedom Convoy’ protesters, Ottawa police say
Canada’s military may need to be deployed to clear Ottawa of protesters from the self-described “Freedom Convoy” of truckers and their supporters opposed to coronavirus vaccine mandates, the city’s chief of police said.
As local police and officials accuse truckers and their supporters of essentially occupying the city, Ottawa Police Chief Peter Sloly said Wednesday that “every single option” is being considered to end the “intolerable, unprecedented” protests against coronavirus public health measures and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, which have continued since last Friday and led to vandalism against historical sites and what authorities described as “illegal” and “intimidating” behavior to police and others.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... ervention/

WaPo endorses the Canadian Military to clear the truckers after barely a week. Remember this and remind them at every opportunity.
Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Post by Varoon Shekhar »

^

What wretched unabashed hypocrites. Breathtaking double standards
srikandan
BRFite

Post by srikandan »

Srutayus: WaPo endorses the Canadian Military to clear the truckers after barely a week. Remember this and remind them at every opportunity.
Why? do we really care what WaPo says? If not, why give any credence to the nonsense that is spewed against India in white, colonial powers 24/7? They can keep yelling and we can just allow them to wallow in their misconceptions about India -- that only makes them weaker. Self-confidence is about ignoring praise and curses from entities that are competitors/enemies, and the US is both.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

Also note how it's always the "officials" or "local authorities" doing the heavy lifting in condemning the protesters. Trudeau is shielded and taken away from the public gaze, it's never "Trudeau said this or that", hell not even a quote from anyone noteworthy from the Trudeau "regime"; compare that to the farmer broker drama where it's usually "BJP says" or "Modi did this".

Also there are no interviews with the actual people protesting; no "son of a headmaster" or "widow of a school teacher" type sob stories about how protesters are completely justified in their rise against the fascist state. No "David vs goliath" story where a bunch of protesters are breaking down the overbearing fascist state "brick by brick".

Funding is halted, protest is de-legitimatized by drawing comparisons with extremist movements, minor altercations with non-protesters are publicized, no visible "outside" help (unlike the "massagers" sent for the farmer broker drama), no entertainment industry help (no Deepika Padukone coming to hear your sob story) etc etc.

Everything done just by having media under state control. Helps if your ally south of the border lends you some of their media as well.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Exactly where I think NaMo govt missed a few tricks ! The protesters face planted repeatedly, the biggest on 26Jan but the govt hardly took advantage of opportunities it was offered. Quite a mystery why they did so...
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Srutayus wrote:
Canada’s military may be needed to clear ‘Freedom Convoy’ protesters, Ottawa police say
Canada’s military may need to be deployed to clear Ottawa of protesters from the self-described “Freedom Convoy” of truckers and their supporters opposed to coronavirus vaccine mandates, the city’s chief of police said.
As local police and officials accuse truckers and their supporters of essentially occupying the city, Ottawa Police Chief Peter Sloly said Wednesday that “every single option” is being considered to end the “intolerable, unprecedented” protests against coronavirus public health measures and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, which have continued since last Friday and led to vandalism against historical sites and what authorities described as “illegal” and “intimidating” behavior to police and others.
rules of course different for whities.. racists
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... ervention/

WaPo endorses the Canadian Military to clear the truckers after barely a week. Remember this and remind them at every opportunity.